Air New Zealand Customer Service

Air New Zealand customer service is ranked #24 out of the 705 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 98.00 out of a possible 200 based upon 10 ratings. This score rates Air New Zealand customer service and customer support as Acceptable.

Acceptable Overall Customer Service Rating
  • On Wednesday 19th February 2014, I along with my cousin and her daughter had the most disgusting and horrific Customer Service experience(if you could call it Customer Service)by your staff at the Auckland International. We were sent from pillar to post because your staff did not know what they were doing. It started after we had printed our tickets from what we now know is what you call a Kiosk. (A Kiosk in Australia is like a shop, not an automated check in type machine.) Anyhow, once the tickets were printed we then proceeded to the bag drop off and to pay for our extra 2 bags for tagging. 1st unhelpful Customer Service lady. No you can't pay here, go and see anyone of our staff members where you printed you tickets standing by a blue screen and they can help you. 2nd unhelpful Customer Service lady. You can't pay for that here you have to go to the Customer Service Counter. (Please also note that each of your so called customer service people were directing and a giving these instructions begrudgingly and in a tone as friendly as a Mali Bull, gruff and grunt.) Now at the Customer Service Counter, the so called gentleman there, not a very good so call gentleman, was also most unhelpful. He said the first customer service person should have been able to assist at her end. He then started the interrogation about why we didn't do this and why we didn't do that and next time do all of this at the what we now know that you call your check in terminals a Kiosk. (Once again still VERY UNHELPFUL STAFF and still gruffing and grunting like a Mali Bull.) Now back to the baggage drop off to complete our baggage check in where once again 1st unhelpful so called customer service lady started doing the interrogation again because we had frozen food for which we were not told had to be checked in at another counter again. This of cause is after she had already sent a bag through with frozen food. Angrily you she said in a scolding tone, "Why didn't you tell me you had frozen food!"
    "You didn't ask us if we had frozen food or any food of any description!". (BY THIS TIME TEMPERS WERE AT BOILING POINT). Finally a Customer Service Lady who knew what she was doing and was most apologetic about the way we were treated an said that we should submit a complaint in writing. The helpful lady was at the so call section where food and other misc. baggage had to be checked in.
    Being a New Zealander living abroad I am absolutely disgusted in the kind of people you hire, especially in dealing with people face to face on a daily basis. WAKE UP 'AIR NEW ZEALAND' I feel ashamed to say that I am a New Zealander and especially Maori to boot.
    Also, on my trip over to New Zealand I decided to join your frequent flyers program for which I am going to cancel. Goodbye 'Air New Zealand' hello "Emerites". I knew I should have stayed with them.

Your,
    VERY DISGUSTED AND HORRIFIED CUSTOMER.

Very angry and disgruntled 2/22/14 12:19AM
  • Have rung the number listed and get an unconnected signal. The reason for my phone call is that on about Wed 29th Jan I booked two tickets to Auckland for the 17th May
    . I think the flight leaves about 230pm. The bookings were made under the names of Elaine Mansfield and Paul Mansfield. At this point I have not had an email with the confirmation or the flight details. The payment was made by Visa. thank you Elaine Mansfield

Anonymous 2/2/14 1:22AM
  • On 13 March 2012, my wife and I left LAX on a trip to Port Moresby via Auckland. In LAX, we paid excess luggage for two extra pieces and had been expecting to pay such.
    Our trip to Port Moresby took us through Auckland but there was no immediate flight out of Auckland for Cairns/Brisbane and thus we had a forced overnight. We were in Auckland less than 24 hours. When we went to the airport in the morning to check in, we were told that we had to pay an additional $270 to Port Moresby via Cairns. Had we been able to go straight through (which was our intention) we wouldn’t have needed to pay the extra as the pieces would have been ticketed all the way through to Port Moresby.

However, no matter what or how we explain the situation the to ticketing person and then to her supervisor, there was no changing their minds that we had to pay the extra $270. Normally when we fly from LAX to POM we fly with Qantas; but on this occasion, we discovered that it was cheaper for us to go through Auckland even though it added more hours on our flight time. Had we flown with Qantas, we would not have had to pay any further for excess other than what would have been charged at LAX.

Hence, flying through Auckland cost us not only time, which we were willing to accept with the cheaper tickets; but it also cost us an overnite at an airport hotel and the extra excess luggage costs when we departed. This has turned out not to be a cheaper flight, in fact, it has cost us more than it would have to fly with Qantas. As a result, we don’t anticipate flying with Air New Zealand again in the future because of the unreasonableness of the policy that caused us to overnite and then pay the excess. My wife and I belong to a large organization that works here in PNG, and we will probably encourage them NOT to fly with Air New Zealand. However, if we can receive a refund for the excess charges then we would certainly not follow through with discouraging our co-workers from flying with ANZ.

My wife and I have been traveling from the US to Port Moresby for the past 40 years and have NEVER experienced the difficulties we faced on this particular trip. I do hope that this issue can be reconciled so that we all benefit in the future.
    Lastly, I contacted customer service a month ago, without any response. It was said that they reply within 7-10 business days. But, that time frame has been greatly extended to this point in time. My guess is that they are NOT interested in addressing the issue. Thanks, Al Boush

tifaltnt 4/24/12 10:08PM
  • We have flown Air New zealand earlier and looked forward to our just past trip to New Zealand. We flew from San Francisco to Auckland on the 747 , all went well in our premium economy seating. We looked forward to the new 77 airplane and the new seating in premium economy. What a disappointment, the seats are horrible. There is no substitute for something where there is a leg rest. We are going to Europe in Nov and had considered your airline to London even though it meant going from Phoenix to Los Angeles. No way now!! The premium economy seating is too unpleasant. Sorry that you lost another customer. T R Hackett

Tom Hackett 2/9/12 9:22PM
  • I booked an Air NZ with the Works return flight to Brisbane for last weekend and found it was a Pacific Blue flights. It was disappointing to receive a silverside wrap, glass of wine, small bottle of water and a small Whittakers chocolate bar. I'm not particularly fond of wraps but there was no alternative offered. There was a limited choice of entertainment plus the machine was a portable type which had to be removed when the food tray appeared. My expectations were not realised on both these flights. On recent flights to Sydney I've been provided with a hot meal, dessert and a bottle of wine. I'm very disappointed with the facilities on both these flights.

Janet Robinson

Anonymous 11/30/11 11:54PM
  • 1.Flew direct (economy) from Vancouver Canada to Auckland NZ on ANZ in July. Friendly, helpful, non-irritated staff; pillow, blanket & earphones on every; two full meals, alcohol provided, snacks (limited only be on-board supply) all included.
    2. Flew (economy) from Auckland NZ to Melbourne Aus in July. Despite limitations printed on ticket - received full service. Staff as mentioned above. Easy to use some reward points on this flight.
    Two excellent experiences for a first time with ANZ.

Dooger 8/21/13 7:42PM
  • Took the Auckland to Sydney flight and the plane was amazing. Brand spanking new with all the bells and whistles. I fly United (which sucks) so this was a nice change of pace. Crew was very nice as well.

Craig 5/7/12 9:09AM
  • POSITIVE Comment!!!! I had the best experience with a customer service rep on the phone with sheryl from airnz
    She was so helpful, went to a great deal of effort to help me with a complicated change and did it all with an engaging and friendly manner, I was very impressed.

Anonymous 12/15/11 4:13PM
  • Just one negative comment is that on our flight NZ725 from Melbourne to Auckland the staff didnt offer any beverages even though I was entitled to "the works". I had to go to an attendant and ask for my beverage. The attendance told me that it was a new plane and that the service system was different than usual and for me to go on the Air NZ website and comment on this. Otherwise my flights were great.

Anna 4/11/11 6:55PM
  • I was on 4 Air NZ flights on my holiday to Auckland and Melbourne. The staff on the plane were freindly and helpful and the services available were great.

Anna 4/11/11 6:49PM

Check out these popular comparisons of Air New Zealand customer service versus other companies:
Air New Zealand vs. Air Canada
Air New Zealand vs. British Airways
Air New Zealand vs. Cathay Pacific
Air New Zealand vs. Lufthansa
Air New Zealand vs. Qantas
Air New Zealand vs. Singapore Airlines
Air New Zealand vs. United Airlines
Air New Zealand vs. Virgin Atlantic
Authorized representatives of Air New Zealand can sign up to reply to any of the comments found on this page.

800-262-1234
Air New Zealand customer service phone number including steps to reach representatives, hours of operation, customer support links and more from ContactHelp.com.

Complete Air New Zealand customer service phone numbers and contact information at ContactHelp.com

Locate the Air New Zealand corporate office headquarters phone number, address and more at CorporateOfficeOwl.com.

Air New Zealand corporate office headquarters information at CorproateOfficeOwl.com

Get immediate support for your Air New Zealand questions from HelpOwl.com.

Receive immediate support for Air New Zealand at HelpOwl.com

View thousands of Air New Zealand user reviews and customer ratings available at ReviewOwl.com.

Air New Zealand reviews and ratings at ReviewOwl.com

Hamilton Sundstrand Expands C.A.R.E. Program for Maintenance Support on Air ...
"We are delighted to expand our maintenance program with Air New Zealand," said Matthew Bromberg, Hamilton Sundstrand customer service vice president and general manager. "With Hamilton Sundstrand's CARE program, we become strategic partners with our ...
Air New Zealand and Hamilton Sundstrand Join to Establish Repair Capability ...
"The APS3200 has a long reputation of low technical risk, proven reliability and exceptional customer support on the existing fleet of A320 aircraft." Air New Zealand is an international and domestic airline group that operates air passenger and cargo ...
Flying Like a Boss in Air New Zealand's Business Premier Seat
... Wind Jet and the Orange-Nosed Airbus 8/19/12; PHOTOS: United's First Boeing 787 Takes Flight 8/20/12; Take a Caribbean Cruise with AvGeeks and Airways Magazine 8/22/12; British Airways New customer service Initiative Has Some Worried 8/22/12 ...