Budget Rent A Car Customer Service

Budget Rent A Car customer service is ranked #418 out of the 706 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 31.31 out of a possible 200 based upon 116 ratings. This score rates Budget Rent A Car customer service and customer support as Disappointing.

• Viewing Budget Rent A Car customer service complaints
  • I went to my local Budget Rental to rent a car for myself and my daughter. Needed the rental for two weeks. I contacted the agency to get information on what was needed to validate my daughter as an additional driver. On the phone, I was told that she needed a debit card with no specific amount, be over 25 and have a valid drivers license and/or major credit card (the credit card she does not have, but is over 25). I contacted the 1-800 number for Budget and asked the same questions, that I was the primary renter with a major credit card and that she was the additional driver. I was told by the 800 registration staff, that all she needs is a valid drivers license, be over 25 (she is) and have a debit card, with no definitive amount on the debit card. So basically told the same thing.
    I went to get rental place, put down my drivers license and credit card, then the "female owner" asked for my daughter's license, major credit card or debit card. She then stated to us that my daughter's debit card needs to have the amount of the rental on her card plus a $250 security deposit. I questioned why and the woman told this is company policy. Why would it be company policy if I WAS PRIMARY RENTER??? Well, needless to say a bunch of not so kind words were said to us and we were not very kind also. At the end, the owner told us that refusing to rent to us would not hurt her business in any way and that she speaks for Budget and her relationship with Budget is still good despite this altercation. I find it hard to believe Budget would allow any "owner" to talk to a customer this way. Additionally, it was extremely bold of this woman that was so stuck up on herself to talk to us this way. Therefore I just had to comment on this site.

Anonymous 4/18/14 5:39AM
  • I will absolutely never ever again rent a car from Budget Rental Car Corporation!! My husband and I went to Ohio to visit family and we rented a car for 19 days. My itinerary said my total was 411.33. Upon recieving my credit card statement it showed that budget charged me 1,220 and some change. Completely outraged I called customer service and was on hold for about 5 minutes, after talking to a customer service representative she said that she could not help me with my issue and she put me on hold in order to get a surpervisor. After being on hold for another 5 minutes or so the same lady returned on the line and said no surpervisors were available to talk to me at that time. She took down my name and phone number and said a surpervisor would call me back within the hour. That was over 3 days ago! I also sent an email to the corporate office in which I recieved a response 2 days later stating that they would re-address the issue and have a surpervisor contact me. Still no word, Your company is worthless and I can not believe that you are getting away with running a business in this manner! Being in the military we travel a lot and have a lot of friends that constantly travel and the last place I will ever suggest for anyone to get a rental car is this worthless company. Not only did I recieve the worst experience ever but thus far I have recieved the absolute worst customer service I have ever dealt with in my life.

Anonymous 2/27/14 5:49PM
  • I Recently Rented A Car From Budget In The Republic Of Panama On 02/16/2014. We Have Been Renting From Budget 3 Times A Year Since 2009. We Purchase The Total Car Replacement Insurance From American Airlines Every Time And Have Never Had To Purchase The Rental Company Insurance. This Time The Desk Personal Held Us Up For Over 45 Minutes Refused To Rent Us The Car,we Had Reserved 3 Months Earlier,unless We Purchased The Insurance At A Rate Of $129.50 Which Was More Than The Car Rental. We Paid Purchased The Insurance Because There Were No Other Companies At The Panama City Airport That Had A Car Available And We Had My 83 Year Old Mother With Us. When We Returned The Car And Talked To The Personal At The Desk She Informed Us That We Could Have Declined The Insurance And Still Rented The Car, That Budget Was Pushing The Agents To Sell Their Insurance And The Clerk Used That To Force Us To Purchase It. I Am Outraged And The 8 People In Line Behind Me That Day Were Too. I Can Not Image That This Is The Way The Company Wants To Be Viewed In The Eyes Of The Public. I Intend To Tell This To Everyone I Know And Certainly Write About It On The Trip Adviser And Every Other Outlet Available. I Feel The Company Should Refund My Money For The Insurance Along With A Letter Of Apology For Screwing Over A Long Time Customer.

TERENCE SHORT 2/25/14 3:58PM
  • I would like to share an experience with you during my visit to Budget Car Rental at the Orlando International Airport.

On Tuesday, February 11, I picked up my rental car from Budget at around 4:00 pm, confirmation. I made the reservation through Costco Travel. The term of my rental was 5 weeks.

After waiting in line, we got to the agent and she indicated that we would be renting a brand new Malibu (I didn�t think that a Malibu was a full size car, which is what I reserved and paid for) with only 6 miles and that we should pick up the car at D-33 on the second level of the parking lot. My confirmation indicates that the Impala is a full size car, not a Malibu. When we went to that particular car slot, there was no Malibu. There was no car. There is no one to help, even the workers dressed in orange tops could not be of any assistance. So we had to go back to the agent and it was indicated that the only car available was a Sonata that had 20,000 miles. So we went from 6 miles to 20,000. The car was very dirty with bug marks t even come off. I think the agents at Budget should be educated to improve their customer service, rather than promoting upgrades and insurance issues.

So having said all that, please be advised that I will never rent a car from Budget again. I am coming down to Orlando in June for a wedding and have already notified everyone coming to cancel any reservations with Budget. I am also sharing my experience with Costco and the Chicago Tribune.

If you can be of any help going forward, please advise.

Leny Catalano

Leny Catalano 2/14/14 7:04PM
  • I will never rent from Budget again. I left a garage door opener in a car. After 14 phone calls to the Ft Meyers airport location, customer service office and corporate offices in NJ NO ONE answers the phone and or the voice mailbox is full. I have spoken to a supervisor in reservations (the only way to speak to a human) only to be given a disconnected number! This company does not offer customer support.

sja 2/11/14 7:26AM
  • Budget Car Rental has a criminal in their company his name is Klye Bradley he works out of KAB International, Inc. his title is a Budget Rent A Car Agency Operator located . I rented a car there was a hold on my account he assured of one price I payed with cash he then charged for a rental that was rented and not in my possesion It has come to attention that he's renting cars under my preauthorization from a prior date for other vehicles if this is not being a criminal what is.... I will never rent from this company again to top it off he's been calling me telling me he will try to fix it and work something out to return my money trying to put blame on the company when I know it's him. It may take time but I will get my money back I'm going the police for a full investagation on this creep. The nerve of him..

kesshir@aol.com 2/5/14 10:27AM
  • I have been trying to Call Budget rent a car for several days. I left messages, no body called back. I tried calling several more times and the phone was always busy. I finally get someone and she puts me on hold and after 20 minutes I gave up and hung up because no one ever picked up the call.
    Lousy service

Anonymous 2/3/14 7:18PM
  • RIP OFF!! They charged me twice on my credit card and when I realized it I bounced 8 checks along with $252 in charges. I called Budget and they tell me it will take 7 days to refund my account!!!!

Well what am I suppose to do for the next 7 days with no money because YOU screwed up!!! Refund my money ASAP and I can go to the store and buy groceries for my 3 kids!!! TOO BIG of a company to have the kind of customer service that is needed in this day and age.

I bet if I charged money it would go automatically to my account but 7 days for a refund

jenjimc 1/9/14 2:23PM
  • This company this full of crap.
    Rented car for honeymoon 12/2012 returned said car at appointed time.
    Got phone call ONE month later "where's the car"? "In your parking lot"!!!!!
    Credit card was charged for the whole month of Jan 2013 wrote letters to customer service and corporate office credit card was credited back for ONE months charges and sent 3 REWARD DAY coupons.
    in scheduling a reservation to use coupons in Sept 2013 was informed couldn't use them until after Sept 2013 OK!
    Made reservations on 12/27/13 to 12/29/13, picking up car was informed that the coupons couldn't be used blackout. Called customer service was told "WE WILL HONOR COUPONS" just call on the 29th to complete process.
    turned in car called was it was good.
    I called back on that following Tuesday and was told to email a copy of
    all coupons front and back did as instructed and these butt faced people have charged my credit card.
    DO NOT USE BUDGET RENTAL SERVICES
    MY LAST EVER USING THEM.

sabrina scott-easter 1/7/14 2:09PM
  • Hello,

I pre-paid for a mini van in san jose and was told by the representative when I got there that there were no mini vans available. She said that I could either get a full size van with a gas credit and $25 discount on my next rental or an SUV at a discount of $10 per day. None of the options looked good to me but I ended up settling for the SUV. The representative told me to sign and explained it was for the $10 credit per day. I asked about the final amount but she said she couldn't pull it up (not sure if its because I booked it on Priceline). Anyhow, after my husband returned the car on the 31st of December I noticed I was CHARGED an extra $10 per day for the SUV that I didn't even want in the first place! I called and spoke with a lady who said she would email me when the charges were taken care of. So, apparently they took off the $10 per day "upgrade fee" but they never took off the $10 per day I was supposed to receive for them not having the mini van I paid for. I was really upset and called to talk with a customer service rep and a manager. They said that they could not do anything for me and told me to call San Jose directly. I tried calling MANY MANY times and there was no answer...my call keeps getting bumped back to the main line for Budget rentals. So, now I need someone to contact me to take off for the $10 per day.

san jose... 1/4/14 11:39PM
  • I hope that no one ever rents a Budget Rental Car again from the location at 89 SE 2nd Street, Miami,Florida. I had prepaid a rental car to be picked up at 9:00am and returned at the West Palm Beach Airport at 2pm on December 29, 2013. We needed the car after we left our cruise ship to see some people and then get to our flight at the airport in West Palm Beach. To start off, the location does not have a pick up at the cruise terminal in Miami, so you have to pay for a taxi ride to their location, another $15.00. I called the location from the ship in the morning to confirm my reservation and told them about what time I would be arriving. No problem was what I was told. Quite another story when we arrived at their location. The line to rent a car was out of the front door and on the sidewalk. Ok, I am reasonable. I figured that many people are renting. The time marched on and then after about an hour of waiting, I speak to a man behind the counter, one of whom does the returns of cars coming in and the other guy who is renting out cars. He tells me that they have no cars available at all. He did not care that I or anyone else had prepaid the rental. He continues to state that I expect 25 cars in. How that was going to happen since this site closes at 1pm was quite unlikely. To make this long story shorter. I waited three hours, and when I told the man behind the counter that I need a letter for my travel insurance company form Budget so that I could submit proof that I was not able to get a car just in case we missed our flight in West Palm Beach, he suddenly said he had a mini van that he would graciously give me. ( I had reserved an SUV to accommodate the entire family with luggage). I suspect that the minivan was there all the time and did not want to give out the minivan.
    As a result of this disaster with this rental agency, I had to cancel all plans in Miami and simply drive to West Palm Beach and barely made the flight. I had the car for a total of 1 hour and 47 minutes and paid $157.71.I have rented cars in many states in the US, Puerto Rico and in Europe and have never experienced anything like this. Budget does not have any regard for their customers. They are disorganized, rude, and unprofessional. Bottom line, the car should have been there for me to get at the time I needed it. That is what prepaying is all about. Rent from any other company.

Dr. Alan Goodman 12/31/13 7:22AM
  • Stuck in Hotel in San Juan 1 mile from Budget location. When I arrived yesterday to pick up car, was told they were out and would have a car later in the evening or today in the mroning. Was dropped at hotel and was told we would get a phone call. Call this morning at 9 and was told we were 2d on the list and a car would be coming in at 10:30. Have called and left messages at the number provedied at least 12 times and have gotten no answer. Calling the 1-800 number once, was told a fleet was due in in 2 hours, and the person Daryl in OK sent an e-mail asking the San Juan office to call us to come pick us up. He told me to call back in 30 minutes if the call did not come through. IT DID NOT, called again and spoke with LEE who said he would transfer me and he did - so San Jose, CA location. I am STRANDED PLEASE HELP. Made my reservaton on 8-3-13.

Anonymous 12/26/13 10:06AM
  • Kept getting passed around. Promised service and wasn't delivered. Customer Service Supervisor is unaware of what is printed on website in FAQs. Absolutely no understanding of issue and only offered $25 off next rental which will never happen. I've used them for 20 years, but now someone else will get my business.

jmk 12/24/13 8:28AM
  • after reserving a car on 12 21 2013 I was put through a rigorous amounts of questions and even a credit check after I was publicly embarrassed buy your staff whom stated we dont know if your going to still are vehical of not and laughed I was turned away I guess its a bad day to be a 6 foot black man.

Its not right budget needs to find a better screening process.

Budget Used to be my hommies 12/21/13 5:31PM
  • Reserve a suv to pick up at a location when I arrived I was told they did not have it as I was told as you can see there's no suv on the lot,I reply why didn't I receive a phone call so it wasn't a waste of time comming hear then I was told sorry hears a 1800 number call it,I then talked w customer service an was told sorry and to go to another location that's was way out of my way ,I show up there to only same thing happen. There respons to me was they had vans an no one had called to confrem the pick up when indeed I was told it was,then to top it all off got charged twice ,wow and they act like I'm a inconvenience to them. It's ok after contacting the state attorneyS office we will see what's funny

D 12/16/13 12:34PM
  • Budget has nice selection of cars but the way they take the money off your credit card is terrible. Rather than take the money out after giving you the price they wait until you return the car the wait until almost 2 weeks before they take it this was Visa Debit Card. 11/5/13. Dec 4 they take another 19.75. I they gave me price of !,252.45 did not take payment until almost 1-2 weeks later now almost a month later another $19.75 I will not rent from them again. I will go back to Enterprise. Orland Park,Ill

Violet 12/7/13 1:19AM
  • My husband and I reserved a rental car from Budget at the airport in Portland Maine. When we picked up the car we decided to upgrade to a Ford Mustang. After driving the car for 2 days the rear tire blew out. My husband changed the tire while I called to find out where to take the car to have the tire fixed. We were told not to worry about it; they would send us a new car and pick up the old car. The only thing we were told was "if it is determined the damage was your fault, you will be charged". Since we were driving down the road when the tire blew we knew it wasn't our fault. We were originally driving a Mustang and the car they brought us was a Buick SUV. We got our flat tire around 10 or 11 in the morning. We had to wait until 4:30 in the afternoon for our car to arrive. We still had 6 more days of our vacation left and didn't have a choice so we kept the Buick. While driving on the interstate we got stuck in a lane at a toll booth that didn't take cash or debit cards. The lady at the booth said to call the state of Maine and pay the toll by phone. When I called I was informed that since I was in a rental car the rental company would pay the toll and probably pass the charge on to me. I asked them if there was any additional fee associated with missing the toll and they stated the state doesn't charge any additional fee but the rental car company may. When I turned in the car I was told I couldn't pay the toll to them, the company would bill me. I returned the car on a Sunday morning. I called the rental car company Monday morning regarding the car. I stated that I didn't believe I should be charged the upgrade fee for the Mustang since I was only able to drive it for 2 days. She said she agreed and said that they would not charge me for the full upgrade fee. She would get back to me within 48 hours and let me know what I would be charged. On Tuesday morning when I checked my bank account they had charged me $360.79. I called Budget back and asked them what was going on. They apologized and said they would refund the over charge. Three days later I received $278.40 back in my account. On October 17 there was a charge by budget for $16.50. This I was informed was for the $1.00 toll I missed. On November 14 there was a charge on my account for $433.65. I did not become aware of this charge until November 16 when I received a letter in the mail dated November 6. The letter stated that I required the services of their Emergency Roadside Assistance program and this was the cost of the emergency service I requested. The letter also stated "the expense listed above will be applied to the credit or debit card that you presented at the time of the rental approximately one week after the date of this letter". I didn't even receive the letter until 10 days after the date of the letter and after they had already taken the money from my bank account. When I called to explain I didn't request the car be towed or replaced, I was told yes I did and also that I was informed of what the charge was going to be. My response was "seriously, I could have replaced the tire myself for less that half that and not lost a whole day of my vacation". They informed me no one else was authorized to work on the car. When I asked why they didn't just bring me a new tire I was told no tire was available. I was also told I couldn't drive the car to Budget because the closest place to take the car was 75 miles away and the spare was only rated for 50 miles. As of today, November 26, I have been informed I will receive $216.83 back for no other reason but because I complained about the way they conduct business. I was also informed there may still be additional expenses associated with any damage discovered as well as the cost to repair the vehicle back to a rentable condition. The only way to stop them from taking any more money from my bank account is to close that account and open a new one. Since all these charges are associated with the original rental dated September 21, they continue to use that authorization even though the card it was authorized with has been cancelled because it was lost.
    All of these problems because, as they informed me, it wasn't their fault the tire blew.

sls284ever 11/26/13 12:02PM
  • I called to rent a truck on 11-08-13 at an Oak Lawn, IL location on 89th and Cicero. They quoted the price and told me they only had a 16' available, but they would rent it to me at the 10' price because I was asking for a 10' truck. The guy takes my credit card info and says they have to run it for a dollar to validate it. Did not know I should be getting a confirmation number at this time so didn't think anything was wrong. I show up on 11-10-13, the day of the rental and there are no available trucks and they didn't even have my name in the system, but they took my credit card info over the phone 2 days prior. They did not do anything to accommodate me. Didn't try calling other locations, offer me a discount for the mix up, nope they just let me leave fumming mad and telling them I WILL NEVER USE THEIR COMPANY AGAIN. Yo can try your luck with them, but don't expect things to run smoothly for you.

vince 11/11/13 8:16AM
  • Missing a sensitivity chip...I rented a car from your Riverdale,UT location on 10/29. My partner and I rent from Budget quite often. I always use my debit card. The young dark haired girl behind the counter has me call my bank to take off the out of state lock on it. Never had to do that before. She said if I didn't, you guys have to wait for your money. It comes out of Atlanta. So I did it, no big deal. Before I got off the phone with my bank, I asked her if there was anything else she needed from my bank, she said keep them on the phone cause I don't know if she actually did what I asked. So I waited for a minute and then your customer service associate said "Ok I'm done with them". I politely thanked my bank and hung up. Then she asked for my insurance. I showed her proof of insurance. She then proceeded to call my insurance company. Again, nothing I had experienced before. I said this must be new because I've never had anybody call. She said "I have to with debit cards because some people will rent a car and say they have full coverage when they really don't and then take all their money out of their account and then we're screwed". I think a simple, "This is policy and procedure" would have been sufficiant. So then we walk around the car. It was raining, the car wasn't clean and she said I had a full tank when I had less than half a tank. I didn't realize it until I was half way down the road. But I took a picture of it and will show them when I return the car. After we walk the car, she asked me if someone dropped me off, I said no. I'm here alone. I'm trying to get home to CA because I have a family member who is dying. She was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and isn't going to make it. I said I'm just gonna leave my car parked next to their lot and hope all is well when I get back. She looked at me like she was disgusted. I told her I didn't have a choice. And then she looked at me and said "WELL HAVE A GOOD TIME". I just told her I have a family member who's dying and she tells me to have a good time. Her lack of compassion is appauling. Ignorant matter of fact. I work in the customer service industry and you do not treat people this way. It's convient to rent at this location. However, I will go out of my way to never go there again and if this is your customer service standard, then I will rent from someone else. Customer service has to be #1.

Anonymous 11/2/13 10:15PM
  • I am extremely disappointed with your company Budget rental car. I was traveling to Tampa from New York on Oct 22, 2013 to Oct 26, 2013. On Oct 20, 2013 I booked a rental car online for $162.29. When I arrived at Tampa International airport I was told that I qualify for an upgrade (didn't know why considering this was the first time I used you're company)The lady said that the upgrade would be $15.00 less. I was under the impression that it was $15.00 less from my original quote of $162.29. She gave me a print out which stated that my new estimated charges will be $295.32. When I returned the vehicle on Oct 26, 2013, the lady prints out a receipt and hands it to me I was running late for my flight so I just put the receipt in my pocket. Well to my dismay when I get to New York I see that my credit card will be charged $457.61!!!! If I was explained what my TOTAL bill would be I would have Never taken this vehicle. Why would I book a vehicle for $162.29 and end up paying a total of $457.61?? I travel a lot and rent cars every time I travel usually with Enterprise considering this was the first time I used your company you can rest assure I will never utilized your companies services again. At least with Enterprise I now what my bill will be from the beginning!! Very disappointed and will never recommended your company to my co-workers.

Kevin 10/28/13 1:34PM
  • Will Never Rent From Budget Again. Was Told Someone Is Ther From 8.30 Am Opens At 9. Waited Till 9.05 Calle Number Reached 1800 Reservation Desk. Have Been Renting From This Dealer Minimuim Of 20 Times. Doesnt Even Have The Decency To Apologize. Was Told By Employee Hes To Busy. Budget On Chicago Ave. In Evanston, Il.

SHALOMWHOLESALE@AOL.COM 10/28/13 8:25AM
  • I am so upset with the way Budget employees have treated me. I had a reservation on 10*5*13. I arrived to pick up the car and was unable to get the car because the employee had not been honest with me when I made the reservation. Long story short- after leaving to go swap money from one bank to another so I could use my debit card I arrived back to get the car and for the 3rd time the employee (same employee)lied to me about what was needed to actually get the car and I was NOT able to get a car. After me asking her specifically what did I need to get the car. It should not be so hard to get a rental car. My card was then charged for the rental and I called them tonight only to be hung up on when I spoke with the SAME girl. I called back and asked to speak with a manager. He got on the phone and said, "can I help you?" I asked if he was a manager and his reply was "YEP"!!!! Seriously, it's so ridiculous as to how poor their customer service skills are. After explaining the situation to him he said he needed to put me on hold to look at the computer....then he hung up on me! Each time he spoke to me he was rude and hateful. I can't believe they are allowed to be this way to customers. I have e-mailed the corporate office as well. I will also be going to the bank to make them aware of the fraudulent charges on my card. I am going to make it a point to share this with every social networking site I can find in hopes to prevent others from renting from them. They don't deserve to stay in business with such poor service.

Kasey 10/7/13 8:40PM
  • September 30, 2013.

Who may concern,

My name is Eduardo M. Guillermo and I'm writing this letter regarding my mother concern, my sister and I. We make a reservation to pick up a 16 inches truck to move our stuff from Lehigh, Fl to Orlando, Fl. At the moment, we are living in Orlando and the plan was getting the truck on Lehigh and returned it in Orlando. The reservation was for the September 29th at 12:00 PM at R AND T RENTALS LLC,. While we were following our plan we went to the address above at the time where we supposed to be there, and what a surprise, the lady over there told us that they don't had the truck for us, that we need to go to another location that is like 40 minutes away from the first location, that was the beginning of a very sour situation. We ask her why? And she says that she doesn't have an answer and there nothing that she can do, she just sends to the new address and that's it. Meanwhile she was calling to the place and nobody answer the phone on that place, also she says that we had being called twice and asks us if no one get the calls, Her attitude was not the best at that time keeping a hard expression on her face. I can understand they called, but, for reasons that we don't know the messages did not go thru at that time to the cell phone, that's not the way to do business, the truck should be there and that's it, there's no excuses. We were running very late at that time already, because we needed the truck at 12pm so we can get back home (Orlando, Fl) the same day.

Considering that was a Sunday we knew that fine another place to rent a track was not an option at that time we decide to drive all the way to the other location. We called first to the other place using our phone, and guess what, this time someone answers. First, the lady on the phone explain to us that they don't had the 16 inches truck at that time and mentioned that they close at 1:30 PM, that time at that moment was 12:30 PM, and remember we need to drive a 40 minutes long to get there, we getting better! Also says that she will be there waiting for us like if she was making to us a favor not resolving the problem. Finally we get there and the front door was close, we enter from a side door and there was she and another guy that disappears in the first minute that we get there, so she was alone, she never say welcome or apologize for the inconvenience that we went thru, she simply go direct to explain the information on the papers. I interrupt her to ask what the problem with our reservation was and why the company wasn't able to move a truck to the address we were suppose to get the truck, a simple question from a customer who is paying for a service. And guess what, she simple explode and star raising her voice to us with the worst attitude that I have experienced in my 12 years living in United States. I told her various occasions that I wasn't screaming to her and I was asking her to tone down her voice, that somebody was suppose to give us answer. She never stops her speech and simple was repeating like a crazy person that we should be calling customer service one time after another, the situation was surreal. Every question that we try to make was answered with the same attitude, and I was telling her all the time that the attitude wasn't the correct one treat a customer.

The address of that station is, DLG Rental Enterprises, Fort Myers, Fl, and the name of that lady is Damaris Velez. On the other hand, my mother is a 65 years old person and became very nervous provoking that we need to seat her and try to calm down. Damaris never care about the situation and I'm still in shock because the way she treats us, very unprofessional. I know that the customer service in this country is not that kind that she show us and usually I am a very peaceful person but imagine how angry we were that I decided to write this letter. That situation change our plans, route, time and budget and this is unacceptable for us and I think also for your company, at that moment we were four people together that suffer that kind of unprofessional service that probably never again will be using or recommending your company. I am not writing to get any money, great offers or other kind of compensation because it is not the reason I am writing to you, it is only the frustration and the hard feeling of our experience that move me to write it. I only hope so that you take care of this situation with this people who are making your company look so bad. The bottom line should be that the truck was able at the place and time that were supposed to be, and at least that someone gave us explanations about what happens and why? And the most important, a respectful treatment as a costumers who are paying for a service, not asking for something free. Feel free to contact us any time if you need any other information, Eduardo M. Guillermo
    Eduardo M. Guillermo

Eduardo M Guillermo 9/30/13 10:11AM
  • I am currently stranded in the town of Elko, Nevada because my Budget truck broke down last night. The maintanence guy could not fix it last night so your company towed it to a hotel (which I had to unexpectedly pay for) even though the guy said he told Budget he recommend to it to a shop. At 8am I began calling however to no avail and finally at 2pm I am told the shop closed at noon and I would be stranded until Monday. I have a flight Sunday which I will miss and my wife will have to miss work Mon, Tues possibly Wednesday while being 8.5 months pregnant to care for our 2 year old since I won't be there. She is risking her job in management in a hospital not to mention the loss in compensation for two days missed work right before maternity leave. Also your customer service reps have no cust service and were rude to my wife. I would expect Someone to drive another truck to me rather than me waiting, this is absolutely acceptable. Lastly, the customer service rep had the audacity to tell me you don't reimburse flights. Your company will pay the flight difference at a minimum along with the hotel reimbursement ( I do not expect to even pay for the truck at this point) or there will be a lawsuit. I have never dealt with such lack of service and customer satisfaction.

Pablo 9/28/13 11:19PM
  • Rented in advance from Budget at Orlando International Airport. The agent would not give us our AARP discount and the car we rented was not to be found. Got another car that was not filled with fuel. Thank goodness the young lady at the Winter Haven office gave us the AARP discount and some money back on the gas. The agent at the counter in Orlando was very unprofessional. Just wanted to upgrade us and sell the insurance. Come on now. We are Gold card holders from Avis and have never in all the years we have rented cars had a problem like this. Back to Avis.......

Cfknights21 9/26/13 4:07PM
  • Recently I rented a car at Orlando Fl. for a week. The agent did not explain the Sun-pass feature to me. I saw the Sun-pass module once I got in the car and turned it on. If I would have read the fine print taped to the module I wouldn't have turned it on. I had to get right up to the module to read(since I'm very Far-sighted) that a $2.95 convienence fee would be charged for each day of the rental, plus the tolls. That means even on the days I didn't use the overpriced tollways in Orlando. If the agent would have explained the Sun-Pass feature I would have just kept a bunch of singles in the car. I can see a one time charge for the use of the Sun-pass per rental, not for every day. But I guerss you have to gouge the customer anyway you can. Next time I will know better. I used the tollway on only 3 days.

devilsashpit 6/16/13 10:02AM
  • I have a compliment specifically for Heather. On a recent trip, I left my coat in the Budget rental car returned on September 29, 2012. Heather was most helpful in finding it, and holding it for my pick-up when I returned to Phoenix October 8, 2012. I greatly appreciate her outstanding customer service

Anonymous 10/22/12 3:23PM
  • FYI, I rented a vehicle on April 8, 2012 at DCA. A few months later I received a letter from Budget stating that I had a traffic violation for speeding and that my card would be charged a $30 fee. Now in September/October 2012, I received another letter stating the fine is $125 for speeding. I checked the website to see the violation but it's just a photo not viable proof that I was moving. Generally you are able to see the actual tape of the vehicle moving.

Ruthboaznyc 10/16/12 11:37AM
  • I have rented from Budget at the Ottawa airport location on numerous occasions. Their staff is very friendly and knowledgable and the cars are clean and well serviced.

Anonymous 10/17/10 10:44AM
  • I'm a Fast Break customer and had called to prearrange for a specific vehicle for a two week rental on the island of Maui. Upon arrival at the Kahului airport the Budget representative had my paperwork all completed and the vehicle ready to drive off the lot. I spent less than 5 minutes at the counter.
    5 days into the rental period there was a mechanical malfunction with the ignition system in the vehicle and it wouldn't start. Fortunatly,it was in the parking lot where we were staying.
    Through a series of phone calls to the Budget roadside assistance person back on the mainland ( a very friendly and professional lady, Nefsteria), and the local Budget rep at Kahului, Gabriel, they arranged to have a new rental delivered and the disabled one picked up by a towing service.
    This whole process was completed in less than 2 hours
    I have always used Budget and will continue to do so.
    Thank you, Budget, for a job well done.

RM March 17 2010 Maui,HI

rnmerrihew 3/17/10 11:28AM
  • I work for Budget Rent a Car. I often see people complain about there charges but NEVER READ what there signing. Yelling at a rental/return agent will do no good IF its a charge YOU signed for. I see this happen all the time and then we see they signed for it like for example: an upgrade charge, coverage charge, gas charge or damage charges.For this is why its posted in a rental agreement for you to read and know. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS READ WHAT YOU SIGN.

rf 7/12/11 11:48AM

Check out these popular comparisons of Budget Rent A Car customer service versus other companies:
Budget Rent A Car vs. Alamo Rent A Car
Budget Rent A Car vs. Avis
Budget Rent A Car vs. Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Budget Rent A Car vs. Hertz
Budget Rent A Car vs. Target
Budget Rent A Car vs. Thrifty Car Rental
Budget Rent A Car vs. U-Haul
Authorized representatives of Budget Rent A Car can sign up to reply to any of the comments found on this page.

800-214-6094
Reservations (U.S.)
800-527-0700
Budget Rent A Car customer service phone number including steps to reach representatives, hours of operation, customer support links and more from ContactHelp.com.

Complete Budget Rent A Car customer service phone numbers and contact information at ContactHelp.com

Locate the Budget Rent A Car corporate office headquarters phone number, address and more at CorporateOfficeOwl.com.

Budget Rent A Car corporate office headquarters information at CorproateOfficeOwl.com

Hours of Operation
Find Budget Rent A Car hours of operation for locations near you!. You can also find Budget Rent A Car location phone numbers, driving directions and maps.

Budget Rent A Car hours of operation at HoursOfOperation.biz

Get immediate support for your Budget Rent A Car questions from HelpOwl.com.

Receive immediate support for Budget Rent A Car at HelpOwl.com

View thousands of Budget Rent A Car user reviews and customer ratings available at ReviewOwl.com.

Budget Rent A Car reviews and ratings at ReviewOwl.com

Elected officials deal with budget numbers
In the past $75000 was allotted by CCEMS for the county's 911 call center at the sheriff's office. Prosecuting Attorney Bob Batchelor said he's forwarded ...
School budget hearing Tuesday
... $44478 for retirement, $42367 for FICA, $15875 for software, $14000 for technical support, $11000 for contracted services and $2500 for legal expenses.
Survey Finds Budget Cuts Pose Risk
The survey found most managers focusing on programs that will have the least impact on customer service, such as curtailing travel to conferences, ...