Hertz Customer Service

Hertz customer service is ranked #394 out of the 705 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 32.46 out of a possible 200 based upon 783 ratings. This score rates Hertz customer service and customer support as Disappointing.

• Viewing Hertz customer service complaints
  • We reserved a car with Hertz in Panama City, FL. The reservation was paid for! When went to get our car the rental agent laughed and said he was dreading our arrival because he gave our car away and had no other cars left to rent. We were forced to get a car from Thrifty, a much smaller car and it cost us an extra $80.

Anonymous 4/11/14 4:27PM
  • Outrageously bad service. Flew from San diego to San Jose. One hour. Standing in hertz line to get served 1 hour 5 minutes.

Anonymous 4/11/14 2:48PM
  • To the wonderful people at Hertz, This is my second letter,

I am about to tell you a story of a car rental from Fort Lauderdale that will even get you upset. In February the wife and went on a cruise, upon returning I had a Hertz Impala reserved for three weeks. We were instructed to do was wait for the Hertz van when we get in to Fort Lauderdale pier and we will be picked up and delivered to the office. After two and one half hours and six phone calls to the office that we were hung up on, I finally reach a very nasty man, who screamed that he is on the way and hung up, number seven. Finally we were taken to the office on top of a parking garage in Fort Lauderdale. After waiting in line for over one hour I was asked what are you here for? I then told them I was to pick a car they laughed and said you must go down to the first floor first and sign in. Why wasn't I told this instead of standing around.

At this point I have to tell you I am a disabled Vet with some pretty bad legs, I have to walk with a cane and standing is the worst thing I can do, also ramps, hills are almost impossible for me. ( parking ramps are not level )

After returning to the top floor I was given a 2013 Chevrolet Impala to drive, upon looking the car over I noticed a lot of dents and scrapes that I wanted noted, I asked one of the attendants if he would please write them up as I didn't want to be charged for them. He said not to worry they are not bad enough to worry about as he walked away. I then chased down a man in street clothes and asked if he worked there and would he write up the dings and scratches. He said he would be back in a moment and much to our surprise he returned and wrote up the damage.

Now we are finally on our way, after a few miles I noticed that all we had for fuel was less than a half tank. So I filled up the tank and proceeded to Orlando there was no way I was going back to the parking garage. I then entered the Florida turnpike, after reaching the speed limit the front end started to shake as if I had a tire out of balance. I pushed the car to seventy and It stopped shaking, now I have a wife screaming at me to slow down and I have a car shaking so I get off at the next exit for peace of mind. After exiting the turnpike I call Hertz and I am informed that they want to send out a tow truck for the car, I said send a replacement and the driver can take this back. I was then informed that they did not have another car to replace mine with as they were all out of cars. I then told them never mind I will drive this car and if anything happens it is your car and not mine. He said do what you have to do. Not one ounce of remorse about leaving us out to dry, no mention about finding another car or about helping us get to Orlando.

So off to Orlando using the back roads as we could not trust the safety of the tires Bye the way when we stopped and tried to exchange cars I took a look at the tires and have enclosed a picture of our tires with the wear bars showing. This decision to take back roads cost us time that we did not have.

Now as travel we smell Marijuana as the car warms up, at our next stop I looked under the seat and found, butts and much garbage. I do not know if the butts were legal or not but I threw them on the side of the road, as I really did not need any hassle from the police if I were to be pulled over. Funny thing we requested A non smoking car and were delivered a non smoking car ( ha )

Now down the highway we go using the cruise control which kept shutting down and a ding- ding would light up the dash, The dash warning light kept saying warning stabilizer. So we stopped again and I crawled under the car (remember I am a disabled Vet ) again to see how bad the stabilizer was and being a New York State vehicle inspector I felt that it was in the warning stages and if we proceeded with caution it would make it, On the road again it was not long before my wife started to complain that her seat belt would not loosen as she sat there every time she moved the belt got tighter. So one more time I stop and proceed to repair the seat belt lost another hour. When we finally reached Tampa Our final destination we were suppose to be there on Sunday as a result we made it on Monday. Spent the night along the way as we did not want to come into Tampa at night,\.I proceeded to Hertz to turn in the Rental. When we arrived I suggested that this car be taken out of service and asked to speak to the manager. I proceeded to tell the manager in Tampa all about our wonderful car and he then called Fort Lauderdale office and told him our horror story. The manager in Tampa said he could not do a thing as the Fort Lauderdale office was not directly connected to Hertz it was a sub contractor. After taking the phone from the Tampa manager I talked to the manager in Fort Lauderdale and he said all he could do was take off fifty dollars. I then asked if that was the best he could do and I was informed that this was the best he could do.

Well guess what not good enough, I am a business man and would never treat a customer of mine this way, I must be delusional as I felt that Hertz was the flag ship in the rental business. I feel safety and quality are what I was paying for, I would of been better off with a Rent A Wreck..

If I do not hear from you in a reasonable time I plan on taking this farther, please don't let this happen

Keith E. Murray

Anonymous 4/9/14 11:57AM
  • On March 27 arrived at Orlando airport, only to wait 2 hours even with my reservation from my company and then had to use a kiosk machine which charged me more than the original reservation was for, since I was 2 hours late already I had to take whatever i could get and go...then when I turned the vehicle in , i talked with 4 different people of which none of them offered any compensation or compassion. I rent cars quite often , but never again w/hertz, you would think , old big name company that you would have a good experience, I have emailed , called and one person said they would b sending a voucher for 50.00 off next rental.
    After I returned and explained this to my company, we will not be using hertz at any time in our traveling future, wake up guys, the airports r full of other car companies that really care!

Rick 4/8/14 12:15PM
  • I rented cars from jan to march and received terrible customer service directly from this location from Saneice not sure if I spelled name right. However this young lady has an attitude & unprofessional. Issac & reginal are great to work with. Due to the disrespect I will not rent with hertz again. Location in desoto off 35.

angie 4/4/14 4:57AM
  • I rented a car at the Charlooe NC airport on 3-11-2014. I had reserved the car a month prior so that I would not have to wait. Whenwe got to the counter, they had no cars ready and we had to wait an hour for them to find one. In the meantime, the counter person tried to sell me extra insurance which I told him that I was not interested in, since it was covered by my credit card. when they finally got my car, I was running late and quickly signed the forms in the places he pointed to without reading them- my mistake, I trusted him! When I paid my bill, I find out that i had signed for insurance that I did not want or need and Hertz customer service has not even replied to the 3 emails that I have sent regarding this incident.

Anonymous 4/3/14 7:35AM
  • I wish I had visited this website before I allowed myself to be abused by the Hertz
    personnel. The car I rented was disgustingly dirty. they (Hertz) cleaned the inside and gave me a ticket to have th outside cleaned.

Anonymous 3/31/14 12:59PM
  • We arrived at orlando the 13 march 2014 at it took two and a half hours to get are rented car from a young men that could get a lesson of friedliness and could buy himself a smile..........

I will never rent a car for hetz never again....... they are the worst company..... they charged me for 1/4 of a fill up of gas 122.00$..... and the fill up is about 75.00$.... a reel rip off.....

Anonymous 3/31/14 12:09PM
  • I just rented a car from the 26th of March until the 30th. I cannot tell you how frustrated I am with their service. Being a Gold member, you would think that the rental process would be a little easier since you can usually walk right to your space as indicated on the board. It was 8p at night and we had just flown in from MN. We had a 1.5 hour drive ahead of us so we were ready to get on the road.

Unfortunately, as we got to our stall, we were surprised to see a full size Pick up truck waiting for me instead of the dodge charger listed on my receipt. Disappointed, we walked back to the service counter. There were no other customers in there - only two agents behind the desk. Plenty of opportunity to be of service since it wasn't busy, but that wasn't the case. When I told them that there was a full size truck in the stall, the one agent said, 'Go pick out another car in stalls 1- ???' I thought, OK that's nice, just quickly dismiss me as a customer and tell me to do it myself. I went out and then walked back in to say, "Now how does this work?" He quickly says, 'Like I told you the first time, go pick out another car in stalls 100-132!' This time I heard him loud and clear and I wasn't about to walk back in a third time. At this point, the car could have had three wheels and I would have driven off just to avoid this rude Customer service agent.

The car I got was not a great car and when I put it in reverse it sounded as though the transmission was going to fall out. I called a manager the next day and of course, he never called back. Then when I got my bill, they charged me an extra 27.00 for the Never Lost, which I didn't ask for! Never again will I rent from Hertz. Rude Customer service, rip off rates, and lousy cars!

Nan 3/31/14 11:03AM
  • I am (was - I canceled membership) a Hertz Gold member. I rented a car in Israel for a $40/day rate. I was made to carry insurance - even after showing them my credit card rental car coverage. I did return the car with the tank half full - which they charged me over $100 for.

So - for a half a day - I was charge $269 for the rental. After complaining to customer support, they told me "yep - that's right". I've had bad rental service in the past - but this borders on criminal.

tpcrow 3/30/14 1:19PM
  • I have filed a complaint against Hertz Rental Cars with Martha Coakley State Attorney Generals Office with regard to fraud, theft and dishonesty in failing to return customers 200,.00 cash deposit on rental car

Anonymous 3/28/14 7:21PM
  • I rented car this afternoon. Six hours later "engine problem was on display with service immediately." I called customer service and was connected to roadside. Despite my anxieties as a senior citizen driving a defective car, I was met with indifference with comments like "car may need oil change and if it hasn't broken down it's all right and you may take it back to the Hertz dealer and exchange." As I explained I was in OK on a tight schedule and assumed I'd have no problems with a rental, I was left with no solution. So here I am driving a car I have no faith with a fear of being out late at night in a strange city and have paid already. Something is wrong with this picture and needs to be corrected immediately.

Anonymous 3/27/14 6:26PM
  • I rented a economy car at the Ft. Lauderdale Intl.Ap Mar 18-25th. quoted $695.00 US the same car in Feb.14-22nd cost me $349.00 Cdn, their excuse was March break which is a lot of crap. I will never ever give Hertz the opportunity to Rape me of my hard earned money again and suggest to all car renters to go elsewhere...what a poor company to deal with hope they loose customers..

ABGO 3/26/14 9:48AM
  • I was charged a one day rental fee in error of the representative. I had to turn back to address the issue. Only to be told that the problem was corrected and I wouldn't be charged in error. But later was charged. The staff was not friendly upon return. Rep was eating dinner and did not greet me or thank me...I willl not return for future business or recommend this service to anyone.

gwendolyn 3/25/14 9:34PM
  • I purchased a car through Hertz Rent2Buy 3 weeks ago. You rent the car for 3 days, then if you buy it they waive the rental cost. I purchased the car, and since then have been inundated with threatening calls to "return the rental car". I finally was able to reach a real person who put 2 and 2 together; this was a week ago. However, I am still being charged for the rental. A new charge appeared on my visa today for $258! They rental counter person also told me that if I purchased their insurance, that cost would also be waived. However, now they are charging me for that AND the $180 rental! Repeated calls to customer service meet with promises to act, but no difference as far as my bank account goes, except for new charges!

Livid 3/24/14 4:00PM
  • Never Again, vehicle broke down and they did not help at all.

Nomorehertz 3/22/14 11:07AM
  • A third party rented a car for me thru hertz. Even though it was fully paid by company rented the car for me, yet still I was asked to give my credit car info and charged $50 cleaning fee. After several calls I placed, each time I was told I was going to be called back and never got called back on the issue. I had the rental car for only a day, I did not spill anything nor used any seats not even had a luggage. Charge was a fully wrong charge. On each phone call I was being told that likely I smoked or had a pet. I have never smoked in my life nor I don't know anyone taking a pet to an interview. With that, each time I was being told someone would look at why I got charged and would call me back. I have never received a call back. This is not matter of 50 $, but principle. Noone should be charged even a cent for something they did not do nor ordered. I am hoping that this entire communication breakdown from your location was an repeated but isolated incident and that your end will contact me to resolve this issue and wrong charge.

unexplained cleaning fee 3/19/14 7:42PM
  • I am a President's Circle Rewards member (meaning I rent 40+ times per Year). I generally don't have issues renting the cars. They are not always clean and some are pretty rough from use but I use it for work and they do their job.
    My Grip is their rewards program. You can only use the points in the increments they list. But that's not my big problem.
    I setup a 2 week rental for points. Costs 5500 but no problem since i have 12000. I called to change my pickup time. The girl that answered was in a noisy call center in India. She had no idea what I was calling for nor the company I was trying to reach. Once I explained what I was calling for and who I was calling she made the change. Boom, it all went to hell as somehow the points were removed from the rental. I found out from the local Hertz Desk rep and he told me to call the Gold Member line to correct it. Well, the don't work weekends. So Monday I call to find out they can't do anything and I need to call Customer Relations, Call them they tell me they can resolve it once the rental is returned. Return Car. Call Customer Relations, they can only refund 1 week as I don;t have enough points. What? All my points were gone no one could tell me why. The rep sounded indifferent and is what really got me mad. Customer Relations will look into it and call me. Ya right...Just like the next time I rent from Hertz.

Averren 3/12/14 1:26PM
  • I am livid. This company charged me 470 dollars for the rental. Thrn when i returned the rental they charged me 269. The initial cost. But now that 470 dollar deposit is still showing. I never had a problem before at any other rental place. I am appauled.

erica 3/10/14 11:23PM
  • HERTZ- Your agents are rude, unhappy, unefficient!!!!! They just put you on hold (27minutes) - you could die on the road while they answer!!!!!! You give out cars that are not usable, the engine was broken on my car and it took me the whole day to exchange it!!! Then you take one insurance (the cheapes one) and you charge an more expensive one!!!! When you call to resolve this your agent hung up on me!!!!
    This company is the worst ever!!! Your customer service is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paola 3/7/14 6:16PM
  • Please don't give the Hertz in St. Louis your business. The City Manager has questionable character and treatment of certain employees is unacceptable. I will never give this place my business and am posting every where I can find asking other customers to do the same. Please rent from Enterprise or another rental agency.

Anonymous 3/7/14 6:06AM
  • My insurance set me up with hertz today for a rental since my car was going for a repair. Talked to hertz employer at 10 AM to reserve. Just before leaving for that location in Houston, called him exactly at 1:23 PM telling him I'm on my way and will be there in 20 min which he told me that he's waiting for me. When I reached there the place was closed and the guy had gone all the way to the airport to pick some cars up. The hertz number went directly to this other branch who told me he'll be back in 20 mins. Waited there for 45 mins then left for the dealer ship to drop my car since he didnt show up. Waited there for more than 2 and half hours and kept calling them and they kept saying he'll be there in a few minutes. Finally he came at 4 40. When I told him what the hell took him so long his first answer was and I quote " Im gonna get you the car and you can go home that what you want dont you"? This really pissed me off and I told him Im gonna write a lettle and complain about you and he immediately pulled the car to right and went off to the other direction saying im gonna take you to this other location to give you a rental. My friend in the back was gonna call the police since he forcefully took us when we kept shouting that take us to the same location because we don't know where your taking us. He took us to this other location where the manager seemed like his best friend and he told me go ahead complain to him. I didnt say anything since I didnt wanna waste my time because the manager wasnt gonna take any action since the guy himself was a manager of the other branch. Im gonna blog all around the internet about this most PATHETIC SERVICE you guys have. Im NEVER gonna do business with you guys again.

Qazi Waleed 3/6/14 5:20PM
  • I recently called Hertz relating my rental, I help my dad get a car since he doesn't know how to use the site, When I got him the reservation I was given the option to put down the name of the driver and I put my dads name because I am not the driver, plus my dad is the one with the credit card and the AAA discount, instead my name is on it and now we are stuck and now one will help us. When I called Hertz and asked please help they kept saying thats not our problem, I said please what options do you have to help out because this is the only way without loosing the car rental, they transferred us to the supervisor and we talked to the supervisor and they came out telling me this witch was one thing that made me realize to never go with Hertz again as a rental, you are deaf and stupid you don't understand, I started to feel like I was getting insulted and they said you know what I am going to hang up and that is what they did, they hung up and never helped, now we are begging for help

Butter 3/2/14 12:45AM
  • Rented a car last night in Orlando. I had prepaid it through AAA and after standing in line for 45 minutes we finally got up to the counter. There were only 3 customers in front of me and two agents at the counter. Then it was another half hour to get the car. First we almost had to argue with the agent that I had more than enough insurance and didnt want all the other add ons they offered. Then they didnt have the vehicle I had prepaid for and tried to upgrade me from a chev equinox to a mercedes s550. While I'm at the counter, two other Hertz employees came out of the back room. The agent I was at said "I need to take my break, can someone cover for me' it was 11PM and they close at midnight. The other two employees could have come to help out, they werent just the person who greeted us at the beginning of the line. I'll never rent from hertz again. Watched the Avis line next to us with more agents and the time from when they got in line to the time they left the counter was aprox 20 minutes. I should know I stood there and timed it after we all were getting frustrated.

Anonymous 2/27/14 11:10AM
  • i made online reservation on Friday, February 21, 2014 at 8:00pm. I could not find my driver's license. I called Hertz, Sat. Feb. 22nd at 9am The Sacramento Downtown Office to ask if I could use a copy of my driver's license. I was told I could only use a DMV Temporary issued license to rent car without the actual license. I had to cancel the reservation. I asked to cancel. The Hertz Representative stated he cancelled the reservation. Today, Feb. 25th. I called Hertz to inquire how to obtain my refund. I was told there is no record that I cancelled the rental. I am very upset. I previously paid for the rental. I feel robbed by Hertz. I want to be reimbursed the money I have paid, because I cancelled prior to the 24 hour cancellation policy

Anonymous 2/25/14 2:25PM
  • Viewing positive Hertz customer service ratings
  • I visted Hertz Rental Car at Memphis Airport on 2/19/13 It was the worst!!! First thing they charge my credit card and told me that it was decline and come to find out the credit card company had an approved authorization crazy!!! I waited for two hours to even get that straighten out. They refused to take my Debit card finally after getting they straighten out they had no cars.. it was crazy no member of management would even come out to address the line of customers waiting on cars.. Customer service was wack!!!through it all the Customer Service Rep **Chris** who worked by himself to tackle all the angry customer was Oustanding Kudos!!to Chris..

Very Agitated 2/20/14 2:38PM
  • All too often customers are quick to lodge a complaint or write a nasty review of a business if they have a negative experience or issue…. They often don’t take the time to offer praise or give positive feedback for great experiences when it is rightly due. Well after the past 24 hours and a not so pleasant experience with Enterprise, I’m happy to report that within a matter of a few minutes, Hertz was able to provide me with the car rental services that I was in need of. They even went above and beyond what I would have expected of them.

My insurance company set me up a reservation with Enterprise for a particular class of vehicle. When I got to the branch, I was told they didn’t have it and they charged me more for a higher class. I spent the next morning and afternoon calling multiple branches trying to locate a sedan so that I could get in the vehicle that State Farm had approved. The branch I rented from never called me as they were supposed to when another vehicle came in. When I called them later in the day to check in and repeat what State Farm had said - suddenly, they had a sedan available for me, but couldn’t hold it so I would need to come right then. I was aggravated that they didn’t let me know about the vehicle and had every intention of returning it in another city the next day when I was near another car rental place that I could give my business to. I was searching for a Hertz to go ahead and get it arranged and was surprised that they now had one in my city. It was about 4:50pm when I called and asked about a 4 door sedan. I was told they had one available to rent that day. I was so excited and then I asked what time they closed and was told 5pm. I explained the situation with Enterprise and was going to reserve it for a pickup tomorrow when Brandon told me to go ahead and call State Farm to get it switched over, he would stay late and wait on me to come and get the car. When I got to his office, he was extremely polite and helpful. He worked everything out with State Farm for me, and even went as far as to follow me to the Enterprise office, to return their car. I made it a point to let them know that I had rented from Hertz when I was asked about needing a ride home. I took satisfaction in being able to say no, that they were in the parking lot waiting on me as they also “pick you up”. By the time we got back to the Hertz office so Brandon could get his car and head home it was 6pm. It was freezing cold and I’m sure he had already had a long day. He was so nice and made it such an easy, pleasant experience. I will never rent from Enterprise again and I’m happy knowing that Hertz now has an office in my town. They will always get my business, hands down.

asheATL26 1/23/14 6:51PM
  • I am a stand up comic and travel to LAX at least twice a year to perform. I must mention your employee at LAX Mr. Fernando Torres. He has been such a great help to me when traveling to Ca. He is a true professional as well as a company man. Your company should acknowledge his performance for your better interest. He is a true asset to your company Hertz based at LAX. Last Trip from Newark N.J. on December 22, 2013 thru January 5th 2014.

Johnniejohn 1/14/14 12:20PM
  • Excellent Customer Service from Mrs. Paula Robinson in the Denver Intl Airport Lost and Found. Recently I left a hat in the backseat of my rental car. I noticed it upon entering Security. Having time I returned to the Hertz rental car return. Mrs. Robinson was very helpful, trying to find my car which unknown to us was immediately moved to another location in Denver. She called Hertz Operations and Maintenance and even took a car to search the rental call lots. She assured me Hertz would find it and put a management hold on the vehicle so it could be searched. Sure enough my hat was returned in perfect condition. Mrs. Robinson is a model of customer service.

Gregg 1/13/14 11:38AM
  • Relax it's OK hertz is a great company call the billing department the number is available online all funds will be released in 4days

Anonymous 1/6/14 4:20PM
  • Major problem with Hertz rental in Charlotte.
    I rented a car from Hertz, Charlotte airport from Dec. 22nd 2013 through to Dec 28th 2013. I returned the car at 4.15pm on the 28th to Hertz at the same location. I parked in the rental return lane. At the return there were no Hertz people on the lot so I recorded the time, mileage and gas level and left the key in the ignition. The gas tank was empty as per the rental agreement. I went to the rental counter but there was also no one on the counter and a long line up of people also waiting for an agent. I could not find an express return box so after waiting for some time I left to catch my plane. I tried to call the location to tell them I had returned the car but I could not get through the system. On Jan 03 I got a call from the Vehicle Recovery Center saying the car had not been returned and to call them back .Tried several times on Jan 03. Finally after waiting for 45 minutes I got through to a person called Chris, explained what had happened he said he would attend to the problem. I also called customer service and they said they sent an E-mail to close out the rental. I also sent an E mail myself to the customer service.
    On January 05 I noticed pending payments accruing to Hertz on my Amex. which appeared to be for days after the 28th. I blocked the payments and called the customer service again. They said there was a hold on my account since the car had not been returned. They said to call the location direct and tell them to close the account out. I explained the number I had did not get me through to the rental car at Charlotte. The customer service agent gave me two numbers to reach them and connected me to one of them. This number went to someone in HR of an unknown company. I called the second number and this went to a private mail box. Finally, I called the number I had tried previously and this returned me to the customer service who said they would send an Email to the Charlotte location to close out the account and I should get a receipt by E mail. Meanwhile she said Hertz has put a lock on my account and was taking steps tor recover the car. Well I have not received a receipt or a response to any Email other than an automatic response that the E-mail was received. Hertz is still trying to bill my Amex every day.
    I have no idea how to get out of this loop. Does anyone have any suggestion? This is the worst experience I have ever had in almost 40 years of business and personal travel. I normally do not rent from Hertz and obviously will never do so again but need to find a solution to this problem
    Jim

Jim 1/6/14 9:12AM
  • Had a great service in Portugal, staff very friendly and amazing.
    Markus

Markus 12/15/13 4:49AM
  • i rent 31/8/13 and returned on 2/9/13 from d.d.o. st-jean. The staff over there is supportive and helpful. The personnel Mr. Robin specially helpful to find right vehicle.
    Thanks Hertz..

hafeez 9/5/13 4:51AM
  • Hi.

My apologies for contacting you in this manner. It is not a complaint but initially I must express my appreciation to your staff at the Sydney Intl. Airport - they are superb.

My reason for contacting you regards an item that I left in our rental when we checked it in to the airport on Saturday 27th of July. I inadvertantly left my NZ Disability pass on the windscreen and then walked away. It would be appreciated if it has been located if it could be posted to me at
    Our vehicle number was - a Toyota Corolla.

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards

George Singleton

Anonymous 8/1/13 9:53PM
  • Hertz has helped me in many ways and I cannot thank them enough because I lost my EZPASS and they contacted me and informed me that I lost it. I truly do appreciate their service very much and I will aways trust Hertz!

HKKH 2/27/13 12:46PM
  • We rented a car from Hertz in Irving from
    December 24-December 31, 2012. We were very pleased with the personnel there and the service they provided.

mayork2 12/31/12 2:50PM
  • This Hertz Gold Member has a smoke intolerance. On Thursday, October 25 late AM, I was priviledged to work with Ms.Debra & Ms. Sheila at Hertz Savannah Airport. The first car I was given had been cleaned and sprayed. After turning on the AC, the smoke was strong. I returned the keys requesting another. The second car had smoke. Sheila offered to hold onto my luggage until I found and accepted a more smoke free car. After 4-5 cars total, I accepted a Volkswagen Passat with low mileage. Both Debra & Sheila searched for low mileage vechicles until I found an acceptable one. Thank you Debra & Sheila!Outstanding Customer Service!

William J. Key 10/26/12 8:27PM
  • The conclusion to the other post in the negative section...now we have a positve post for balance.....
    10.12.12 3pm the car became available and I picked up the car at ft lauderdale downtown.

Supervisor Sally made some calls and got a quick response in locating the car that was to have been picked up this past monday and then delayed to today originally at 9am but they found it and changed the time to 3pm.

1. Sally/Sandra corp. sales were both nice & provided an incentive to purchase the car.

2. Steve was nice & had the car detailed at pickup.
    (unfortunately only 1 keyfob was available but that was as described) (cost over $200 at dealer for replacement)

3. I'm happy to be home in my nice toyota car and will probably purchase unless something like a leak is discovered.

Thankyou all for making this happen today 10.12.12

alpha1 10/13/12 5:31AM
  • Rented twice in Reno,rep. customer service at 3 different times, 5star, gave me discounts when I screwed up & put in to much gas, didn't clarify when I'd return the car, gave me benefit of doubt, w/o me even asking. Cars excellent, 3 people involved, all well trained & will require that I use Hertz next time. Tks G

Wheels 9/28/12 1:09PM
  • I rented a vehicle in Atlanta Georgia airport on Friday morning after a horrible red eye Delta flight. The representatives were awesome! They helped my daughter & I in dire need. We were late getting to an Army base and had a long drive. They made sure we had a full tank and lined us right up. They even were personable & hugged my crying daughter who was going to be late for a special graduation.

I highly commend these people, this company & will always be grateful, as well as recommend to others and always rent from you all. God Bless you. Cynthia Tabita

cynthia tabita 9/19/12 1:08PM
  • When someone does something extraordinary and considered well above the normal role of responsiblility, it certainly is worth taking the time to drop a comment off to the organization that person represents.

This is a commendation to a young man, Alex, who was on duty at the Charlotte, NC return center. On Wednesday, Sept 5, 2012, I was running a bit late to catch a flight. I'd turned the car in, and was quickly handed my receipt. What happened next - I made it to the location to catch the shuttle back to the airport. While walking to that area, a shuttle bus just left. I stood there for a couple of minute - maybe 3 or 4 - and a young man with a Hertz cap on drove up in a car and asked me if I wanted to wait for the shuttle or go with him. Very unusual, but there was another young traveling lady in the passenger's side that put me at ease, so I said "sure". There was no shuttle bus in sight, but that's not the point. This young man had apparently seen the need to transport the young lady to the airport for the same reasons as I. She was late and was probably going to miss her flight. So it goes that he put us both at the terminal in literal seconds, far quicker than riding the shuttle. He was an excellent driver and knew where and how to go, and maintained a reassuring attitude the whole way. Bottom line - Hertz can be proud of this young man Alex. Again, it's highly unusual, and those that may read this could claim that it was taking a chance, but with the lady in the front seat, and him in a Hertz car with a Hertz cap on put me at ease. He was very friendly - and helped with the bags. I made my flight - not sure about the young lady. Good Job Hertz - that young man is going places - either in Hertz or somewhere else in customer service.

JSM 9/6/12 1:40PM
  • We were three travelers at Ord airport in Chicago with a cancelled flight. No one at the airline or any other car rental company would help us. Your driver, Jose Castro came to the rescue. He spent several minutes radioing to the car lot to ensure we could rent a car without a reservation. The trip was uphill from there. Everyone at the Hertz lot at Ord were professional and helpful, and we arrived at our destination only one hour after our cancelled flight. We will use Hertz next time we need to rend a vehicle. I was not the person the car was rented to, just a happy passenger.

John Reff 8/29/12 8:01AM
  • I would like to say that I had a wonderful experience at your Warner Robins, GA location Ms. Ariel Lopez represented Hertz with the upmost manners and was such a delight to work with. I had attempted to rent from another car rental but met with all types of obstacles and had such an unpleasant experience that I had considered taking a cab. I did not know that Hertz had a rental location until I spoke with my insurance company. I would just like to reinter ate Ms. Lopez made my day a very pleasant one. Please let her know that she is appreciated. Thank you so very much.

Wendy J. Floyd

Anonymous 8/10/12 1:44PM
  • I want to compliment Jerry at the Las Vegas Mc Carran airport location. I left my sport coat in my rental and Jerry immediately jumped into action and had me get in the car with him to drive to find where they had parked my rental and in the end found my sport coat. After this I was running late and he drove me to the airport so I could catch my flight. Fantastic customer service. Hertz should be proud to have Jerry ( from New Jersey) on the team.

Tony 7/24/12 8:48AM
  • I'm a current Hertz employee. I have not been with them a long time, and I do not plan on it. It is a job that I will keep, while I look for a better one. I can tell you that you do not want to use this company. The local offices do not care for their customers on bit. They do everything in their power to make it impossible to reach them by phone, if you have a problem or a complaint. They give cars away that are booked for someone else, all the time. I can't wait to work for a company that is not full of scoundrels.

maddog 7/10/12 3:53PM
  • I had reserved a small car for 6 days. The deal was sweet. The gentleman that helped us offered a larger car at a deal. we didn't need a larger car, he offered the "insurance" (didn't call it that), we didn't need that either, we told him we would fill the car up and he said "be sure you do" (did he think I was stupid) at that point we found ALAN to be less than helpful and not very customer service motivated. He acted like he didn't care weather we knew where to go to pick up the car. The little Nissan Versa was great on gas and we enjoyed it so much. Upon returning the car, the service was much better and the lady was very nice. Alan is not good at his job and it could cost Heretz. People expect and deserve to be treated with respect and kindness.

Betty 6/23/12 4:08PM
  • Good-day Hertz Management.
    I currently finished with Agent Angie#484863 for my rental in June 2012. She was efficient, patient, helpful and provided excellent customer service. I took notes, and she answered all my questions, and looked up information I needed for my trip in June. Hertz Rocks.
    Finished online with Krista - I needed the customer service page to write this thank you. Both ladies -outstanding assets to your company. I will definitely use Hertz for future rentals, and recommend you to family & friends.
    With much gratitude,
    Donna Trotter (California) DtIntrepid1@yahoo.com

Donna Trotter 5/6/12 9:35AM
  • The hertz staff in St. Louis were incredibly helpful in finding me a car-even after a hail storm wiped out a lot of available vehicles. I was frustrated with my situation but Josh Davis from the South Lindburgh location dealt with me through all my aggravated calls and was incredibly kind and empathetic and worked extremely hard to accomodate me. Their customer service was fantastic.

Jayne 5/5/12 10:24AM
  • Want to say that Hertz truly came through for us yesterday - the requested car (one of their Adreneline series) was not in inventory when we arrived at the airport. It appears someone else had liked the car enough to keep it longer. Our agent canvassed the on site inventory and found one for us; and spent a good deal of time setting it up manually (yes, the old fashioned hand written contract) way - to go far above and beyond to make sure we had the car we were hoping for. The rental car industry is a tough one for good customer service - alot of bad experiences can occur - and I just wanted to report a good one.

Mare 4/14/12 7:42AM
  • I love the service at Minneapolis/St. Paul airport. Not only did your employee Glenn drive me to the correct terminal when I drove back my rental. Shortly after I had went through security--I discovered that I had left my company blackberry in the Hertz rental car. I was able to contact Hertz and after talking with TSA, they met Glenn on the
    other side of Southwest security and Glenn gave TSA my blackberry while I waited past security to receive it. Excellent Service!!
    This happened on March 9th, 2012. Thank You Glenn
    Mrs. N. Rounds

Anonymous 4/3/12 8:03PM
  • I used to work for Hertz. The reason customer service is so bad across the board is that most of their employees are unhappy with their jobs. Hertz treats its employees very bad and that reflects back on the customer. They are a greedy company that changes the rules to make their profit margins increase at the expense of their employees. They set unrealistic sales goals so that they get to keep their employee's bonus revenue. At that point there is very little motivation for the employee to strive for exceptional customer service.

A 11/20/11 5:35PM

• Hertz suspends praying Muslim shuttle drivers
    Thirty-four Somali Muslims who drive airport shuttle buses for Hertz were suspended Friday over a dispute over praying on the job.

By Lornet Turnbull

Seattle Times staff reporter

Zainab Aweis, 20, is one of the Somali Muslim shuttle drivers Hertz suspended for not clocking out during prayer

In the three years she's worked as a shuttle driver for Hertz at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Zainab Aweis, had always taken time out of her shift each day to pray.

An observant Muslim, she prays five times a day — with one, sometimes two of those prayer times falling during her shift.

"That was the one benefit of the job," the 20-year-old said.

On Friday, she and 33 other drivers — all of them Somali Muslims — were suspended indefinitely from their jobs after they took religious breaks to pray while at work without first clocking out.

A spokesman for Teamsters Local 117, which represents the workers, said it is trying to get the workers back on the job.

Both the company and the union late Thursday said they were waiting to hear back from the other.

While the drivers were allowed two, 10-minute breaks during their work shifts during which they could pray, Teamsters officials said managers had agreed in negotiations that workers would not have to clock out and in, though the contact itself does not address the matter.

And the workers and their union said Hertz had previously not required that workers clock out for prayer. The union said it has filed an unfair-labor-practices complaint with the National Labor Relations Board against Hertz for failing to notify the union in advance of what it called a policy change.

But Hertz said the rules aren't new; that it had been trying for some time to enforce the terms of an Equal Employment Opportunity Commission settlement it reached with the workers two years ago that required them to clock out.

A Hertz spokesman said the workers had been repeatedly told they needed to clock out and that the 34 suspended workers had not complied.

"We felt it was reasonable for our Muslim employees who need to pray a couple times during the workday to clock in and clock out," said Rich Broome, spokesman for Hertz.

Broome said it's not about pay — break time is paid time — but to ensure that workers were staying within the 10-minute time slots, which has been a problem.

He pointed out that Muslim workers who clocked out were not suspended.

On Wednesday, a few dozen people from area labor and faith organizations protested on behalf of the workers outside the Hertz counter at the airport, waving signs saying, "Respect me, Respect my religion."

The Teamsters represents about 79 drivers at Hertz — about 70 percent of whom are Muslim — earning between $9.15 and $9.95 an hour. They receive no health benefits, vacation or sick leave.

Aweis said she was not aware the rules had changed until she arrived at work on Friday and managers told her and six other women who were about to pray that several other workers had been sent home that day for praying.

"He said, 'If you guys pray, you go home,' " Aweis recalled.

"I said, 'Is that a new rule?' And he said, 'yes.' "

They prayed anyway, she said, contending that managers stood over them taunting and disrupting them.

"I like the job," Aweis said. "But if I can't pray, I don't see the benefit."

Mohamed Hassan, of the Somali Community Services Coalition, said the workers cannot afford to be away from their jobs. "They need to pay rent and buy food for their children."

MasterMind22x 10/6/11 10:19PM

Check out these popular comparisons of Hertz customer service versus other companies:
Hertz vs. Alamo Rent A Car
Hertz vs. Alpine
Hertz vs. Avis
Hertz vs. Budget Rent A Car
Hertz vs. Dollar Rent A Car
Hertz vs. Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Hertz vs. Pioneer
Hertz vs. Thrifty Car Rental
Authorized representatives of Hertz can sign up to reply to any of the comments found on this page.

800-654-3131
Hertz customer service phone number including steps to reach representatives, hours of operation, customer support links and more from ContactHelp.com.

Complete Hertz customer service phone numbers and contact information at ContactHelp.com

Locate the Hertz corporate office headquarters phone number, address and more at CorporateOfficeOwl.com.

Hertz corporate office headquarters information at CorproateOfficeOwl.com

Hours of Operation
Find Hertz hours of operation for locations near you!. You can also find Hertz location phone numbers, driving directions and maps.

Hertz hours of operation at HoursOfOperation.biz

Get immediate support for your Hertz questions from HelpOwl.com.

Receive immediate support for Hertz at HelpOwl.com

View thousands of Hertz user reviews and customer ratings available at ReviewOwl.com.

Hertz reviews and ratings at ReviewOwl.com

Traders Recap - Southwest Airlines Co. (LUV), Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. (HTZ ...
Southwest Cargo earned high marks for its great customer service, Performance, Value, and use of Information Technology. Southwest Airlines Co (NYSE:LUV) opened the session at $24.09, trading in a range of $23.18 – $24.11, and closed at $23.18.
Not Sure Which Car to Rent in UK? Hertz Launches Dream Collection
Our new Dream Collection of modern design classics coupled with our VIP customer service will help our customers create lasting memories behind the wheel of some of the world´s finest cars.” Featuring a VIP customer service and Hertz's Make and Model ...
Hertz Rent A Car Launches Stunning Dream Collection In The UK
Our new Dream Collection of modern design classics coupled with our VIP customer service will help our customers create lasting memories behind the wheel of some of the world's finest cars." Featuring a VIP customer service and Hertz's famous Make and ...