Hertz Customer Service

Hertz customer service is ranked #389 out of the 724 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 32.92 out of a possible 200 based upon 818 ratings. This score rates Hertz customer service and customer support as Disappointing.

• Viewing Hertz customer service complaints
  • Your company is slow unfriendly and has lost mine and my companies' business. Get your act together. I predict you'll be the next company to go bankrupt.

Anonymous 7/28/14 3:56PM
  • Renting a car seemed very easy at first and although I did not get the car that I had reserved they were very helpful and offered to change the price to reflect the smaller car that I had to take. In the end they changed my entire reservation and I ended up paying MORE for a SMALLER car. I was very disatisfied and they have repeated lied to me and told me that the charges would be changed to reflect what they had told me. I won't be renting through them again. I will find a car rental company that does not lie so at least I will know what I am paying for next time.

NewTex 7/27/14 9:33AM
  • I will never rent from hertz again my husband rented a car for two months for military reasons having to leave outta state for school. It was from January 13 to March 17 when he returned the car they said he was good to go everything was paid for case was closed. Now July 23,2014 they have taken out $280.14 outta my bank account cause they said they messed up an didn't charge us from March 14-17 So they went into my account with no authorization an helped themselves they never sent us a bill,e-mail,phone call nothing. I Have been on the phone with them literally all day long getting the run around. i even had one lady on the phone laugh an think it was funny as to what they did. an i understand they need to be paid in full but what gets me is its four months later an there now taking the money out is a bunch of crap. long story short stay away from hertz we got screwed over big time NEVER AGAIN!!!

Anonymous 7/23/14 6:46PM
  • We rented a car in Mobile, Alabama so we could drive to a conference in Mississippi. When arriving at the drop off we asked if we needed to obtain any paperwork showing we had dropped the car off and they said no. 14 days later Hertz is calling us asking us where the car is and charging us 2140.00. Upon calling Hertz to clear this up all we got was the run around. We will never use Hertz again!! The most poorly managed company I have ever seen.

Angela 7/22/14 6:29AM
  • I continue to experience and receive high mileage cars raging from 45000 to 55000 miles on them at the Woodlands TX Hertz. As a 5 Star member I receive o upgrades ever and have called Hertz on numerous occasions to complain. Never do I receive a call back from a manager or any resolution. I am sick of this terrible customer service!

khiggins 7/21/14 10:52AM
  • Hetrz at the Denver airport-- I have never had a more miserable experience renting a car. We waited 2 hours to get our rental from the airport be cause the rude CS rep said they did not have any cars ready. When we finally received the car is was dirty and smelled like urine.

It was worse bringing it back. I filled the tank and the car porter CHRIS after sitting in the car for 10 sec told me it was 1.5 gallons short and it would be $22.50 @ $9.78 per gallon. YES, The math does not add up!!! How he knew it was 1.5 gallons short I'll never know because he told me it is all calculated by his little computer and then ignored me when I tried to ask questions.

I had rented 2 cars that week for my parents also and they were charged $77 for a tank of gas and were told they could bring it back without filling it. They brought it back with 1/4 tank and were not prorated for the gas they gave back.

This is my first complaint comment because I'm usually pretty tolerant, but the experience was so bad that I thought I would let everyone know how rude Hertz in Denver is!!!!!

Denver,CO 7/15/14 8:27AM
  • I left an object in my Hertz rental car. It was extremely difficult and frustrating to get it back. Their phone voice mail system would not let me talk to the people at the office where the car with my GPS in it was left. I had to get a representative to dial it for me. Finally I got to talk to the Lost and Found person. She was helpful, but to get it back I had to fill out a form on the website, and the website did not work well at all. In the end she had to fill out the form for me manually. Very poor for a big company.

elizabethbarry 7/8/14 11:11AM
  • I was treated very rudely borderline racially discriminating by a Hertz employee at hertz in glendake az by the name of Aya Sanipe. When I got there I explained that my bank had made a mistake and cancelled my debit card so I had my old one, cash and a temporary card she said thats fine after doing all the paperwork she said she needed to verify with my bank that I was telling the truht. Well she not only talked to the bank and they verified my account & story she said she had to think about it after witnessing the way she mistreated every spanish speaking person one asked to speake to a hertz employee that spoke spanish she said that hertz did not have no spanish speaking employees in the area , and then she started treating them like retards saying that they had to call such and such number then se remembers that the area manager spoke spanish and that he would be the only one to talk to them when he called back. I was still waiting for her to finish my rental I was speaking in spanish to a couple that had been in a car accidente and that they wher gettig screwed by the insurance company. Well after about more than an hour she says she has to ask her mgr and this after all of the last customers where sent off by her with out the courtesy she was giving the english speaking people, I asked for her mgr name and hers she asked why and I said that she was not right trating people that way she said she had to lock the door company policy I was not even all the way out when she pushed the door closed on me. I could understand if I was the only one that felt and was treared unfairly by her but she did not try to helo us and didnt have time I am a repeate customer and I have been renting from firefly, thrifty and hertz and I have not complained but this is awful and she ruined my familys holiday by her actiones I am complaining to see if its your companys policy to treat people by their language and being hispanic I still canot belive that in this day and age a big corporation like hertzs allows their employees to be racist

Roger 6/30/14 9:16PM
  • Hello,
    I am a Hertz Gold rewards member. I recently reserved a large SUV on the Hertz web-site on June 7, 2014. I received my confirmation number via email and on the web site. I was scheduled to pick up the vehicle at 10:AM on Saturday June 14, 2014. I arrived at 9:45 AM at the Hertz location inside Champion Toyota at 1546 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, Pa 19111. We I approached the counter there were two Hertz representatives present, so I greeted the first gentleman and mention that I was there to pick up the large SUV. He said in a very low voice that " We are all out off vehicles" . Stunned, I then mentioned that I had a printed confirmation number in hand from a week ago and that this was confirmed online. The same representative then said " I can put you in a Kia Rio " I then asked where is the Chevrolet Tahoe that I reserved last week. He then motioned and pointed to the other Hertz employee and told me that I would have to talk to this gentleman to clarify the problem with my rental confirmation. So I call my Spouse and tell her to circle back to the Hertz location as it seems we do not have a vehicle. We reserved a large SUV due to the fact that we had numerous amounts of luggage and therefor needed this type of vehicle. We could not have just settled for a smaller vehicle as we needed to take our luggage with us on the vacation trip.We waited several minutes before the other agent hung up the phone and said that our vehicle was in a small accident and was in the shop all week. He said he could not get an answer from the shop as to when the vehicle was going to be ready. But he did mention it was suppose to be ready on the Wednesday a few days before we were expected to arrive. So he then said that he thought for sure it was going to be there on Saturday morning. My wife and I just stared in disbelief. I asked him if it was standard protocol to at least get a replacement vehicle from another location, make and model was not an issue. He said " there is nothing available today" I then said "that maybe he should have gotten a replacement the day that the vehicle was down, then we would not be having this conversation". He just hung his head low and apologized. So now I have my wife and children packed and waiting to leave on vacation, but no vehicle large enough to hold all the luggage. I said to my wife joking " Traveling at the speed of Hertz " .. That is a farce! This is the worst rental experience I have ever encountered. I can not tell you how disappointed we are in the Hertz Corporation. The representative in charge at the location said he would call us when the vehicle gets back from the repair shop. Since Saturday 06/14/2014 We have never received another phone call from anyone from Hertz Corporation. I can not tell you the amount of stress that was caused by the mishandling of our account rental by Hertz Corporation. The stress caused by us having to scramble around to several other rental locations was so unfair,We finally found a large SUV at around 2 PM at a Ford Dealer in the area. I would recommend an more intense focus on customer satisfaction. I do not think that Mark P. Frissora the Chairman and CEO of Hertz Global Holdings, Inc had this type of service in place when Hertz was named Forbes’ Global 100 Most Reputable Companies. I would think that there has to be a back up plan when a vehicle becomes inoperable. I asked the representative why another vehicle was not acquired and why we were not contacted in any way. We were not made aware of any situation until we arrived to pick up the rental vehicle. He just apologized and agreed with us. Again we just looked at each other in total disbelief. Laziness and inexperience tend to be like a cancer .This disease can spread through a thriving corporation once you lower the standards you profess to hold so high. I will communicate to my friends ,family and business associates as to how we were treated at Hertz Corporation. I will recommend them "not" to go to Hertz but to go to the other company who finally saved us with the SUV necessary for our trip.

bbstoboss 6/24/14 1:09PM
  • I will never rent from a Hertz as long as I live, the customer service is horrible and not to mention I was charge for a car 2 months after returning by mistake. BAD BUSINESS

Anonymous 6/21/14 3:43PM
  • If I could give a -5 stars I would. I've been a member of yelp since 2008, this is the first review I write! This experience does not match any other rental car experience I've ever had. I had rented the cheapest possible car, that I could rent out for one week, for a rate of $200 per week on my receipt in indicated a $28.64 for each extra day. I

return the car 2 days late. The guy who scans the car, says my close out account is $802! (it should have been $200 + 2 days @$28.64)

First I thought he said $82! I told him he's got to be making a mistake since on my actual receipt it indicates extra charge for a day, He says go inside to talk to the manager (I'm about to catch a flight in an hour) I walk inside, there are at least 25 parties in line to get a car, with literally one cashier!

I realize there is no way to make it to my flight.
    So I take the shuttle from to the airport, and call while in the shuttle, the woman tells me I have to go back to the management office. (which I couldn't do) Get to LA, go to hertz in LAX, they also tell me the system does not indicate the car was returned. I have to call that very office. I try calling, the line is constantly busy! I call customer service again, they tell me it is not possible for them to transfer me! I asked for the manager she said they are closed! even though she was on the phone with me, I asked for the complaint department, she said they don't HAVE one!!!! Yes ladies and gentlemen HERTZ does not have a complaints department because I guess everyone is super satisfied! She suggests I call back on Monday from 7am-7pm. even though I was told the office I rented from is open 24 hours. Note this is Friday night, so that would be 2 more days of rental if they don't get a chance to record the vehicle sitting in their parking lot! At this point I'm charged $430! and perhaps more till I get a hold of someone in the entire hertz company that can recognize the hyundai parked in their parking lot and perhaps close the account! This Story is to be continued…

STAY AWAY, you're better off leasing a car or literally taking cabs everywhere…

peg 6/21/14 9:11AM
  • I rated my overall experience a negative below because of the following reason. I was in an accident, which wasn't my fault. I received a rental from Hertz in Richmond, IN. I went through the phone questions with Amanda at Hertz. She informed me the car will have only 1/2 tank of gas in it, so if I wanted them to fill it up, they could for $3.39/gal. I was frusterated at this, thinking the car should be full in the first place, but I went ahead and complied. I was told my card would be charged about $30.00. I picked up the car at the bodyshop and one of the mechanics informed me the car had been sitting there for days. When I got in the car, it smelled like gross food, it was very filthy inside & out and only had 1/8 of a tank of gas! I immediately called Amanda back and informed her of this. She apologized and did credit my account. However, at this point I'm confused. If Hertz is going to charge my card to fill up the car with gas, shouldn't Hertz have the car to fill up? I feel like they were clueless because apparently they didn't even have the car. It had already been sitting at the bodyshop for days. Anyway, I used the rental for 2 weeks until my car was finished being worked on. I returned the car with 1/8 tank of gas, which is what it had when I got it. A few days later I see a $96.40 charge from Hertz on my bank account! When I called, I spoke with Jessica. She informed me that $66.60 of it was because State Farm (the other drivers insurance company) only approved $18.24/day for a rental and Hertz gave me a car that was $22.24/per. I informed her it wasn't my fault Hertz provided me with the wrong car. She then told me previously the contract they got from State Farm was an allotment of $25/day and State Farm must have changed it after Hertz gave me the rental. I now have to go through State Farm to get a credit on my account for the overcharge of $66.60, which I feel Hertz should have had to credit me and then dealt with State Farm to get their money back. This is a HUGE inconvienience to me! The remaining $29.80 I was charged was a charge for gas. I was FUMING when I was told that! I reinformed Hertz about how the car wasn't full of gas when I got it, but only had 1/8 of a tank. They tried to offer me a $50 voucher toward another car to rent for my inconvienience. Really?! What an even bigger inconvienience it would be for me to have to rent a vehicle from them just for a few days. I asked that my account just be credited back the $29.80 and I was informed it could take weeks for it to be credited because she has to submit a request for credit. I feel this is very poor customer service and I am very annoyed by the whole situation. 4 years ago a different vehicle of mine was hit and I had to go through Enterprise for a rental. I had zero issues with their whole process. Other than Hertz bringing the car to you (which Enterprise does as well), Hertz makes you do a lot of work, which is very frusterating.

LGrody 6/20/14 1:13PM
  • Hertz's LAX location is the worst, avoid it if you can.

I'm their top tier customer (President's Circle) but almost always don't even get a car assigned, to say nothing about an upgrade. Their cars are dirty and 30K miles plus.

And don't ever agree to "leave your keys in the car". I did this last Thursday, was promised "a receipt e-mailed within an hour".

On Friday (no receipt) I called the customer service, and they told me that my rental agreement had not even been closed. I'm still not sure where the car is and what has happened.

All their employees and managers are rude and incompetent.

Business Traveler 6/20/14 10:02AM
  • We rented a car via Priceline for May 20 thru June 1st 2014. Confirmation #G19734182E0, PRICELINE TRIP. I paid $402.22. It was accepted thru Hertz. When my husband Larry Simons went to the Hertz counter at Orlando Fla airport, they offered him a better deal as an upgrade for total of $201.17. They should have credited our master card for the difference of $201.05. Instead they charged our card for additional $201.17. That was not the deal and we didn't know until we got our next statement. Our master card needs credited. Please advise.

Anonymous 6/19/14 12:01PM
  • I rented a Hertz vehicle at LAX from June 13 to June 16, 2014. It had over 50,000 miles on it, was dirty, and the remote did not work when I received the car. I kept the car anyway because the line for service was very long and I was unable to wait. At the time of rental, I did not know that the remote was inoperable. When I called Hertz Customer Service once I returned home from my trip, I got a "I'm sorry that happened" from them and that was it. Hertz, this type of scenario will eventually catch up with you.

Anonymous 6/19/14 9:07AM
  • I will NEVER use Hertz again!!It was a disater from the getgo! We rented a car 3 weeks in advance from hotwire and upon arrival at Orlando MCO airport, they didnt have any available for us or the family members that rented the same thing as us. They wouldnt upgrade us to a different vehicle that would fit the size of occupancy(offered a smaller vehicle for the same price). Told us that we could come back the next day to pick up the vehicles that we reserved 3 weeks before we got there. They then offered us insurance and we DECLINED!They had us sign for the deposit and after an hour we were finally on our way. We returned the vehicles a week later and found out that they DID charge us for the insurance that we DECLINED and stated that they went in to some little room, watched the video of us getting our cars and was nodding our heads. WE asked if we could here the audio because for all we know they could have asked us how our flight was! They told us that audio is illegal and that we wouldnt be able to see it. We thought that we were getting a deal on a minivan but 232.80$ and a headache later we still have not gotten anything resolved and go figure they wont answer our calls!

disappointed 6/16/14 11:09AM
  • They have an EZ Pass in the car for tolls. You would probably think "oh that's nice and I'll be charged for the tolls I went through". Wrong. You will be charged at least $25 per day just for using the toll once. I expected to see $1.90 toll charge on my statement, but it was $16.75 for a $1.90 toll. I contacted them at least 3 times to see why I had this charge and Ashley O., Customer Correspondence Administrator said

"There is a daily service fee for all rental days, once a toll road is used (including days on which no toll roads were used) with a maximum usage charge of $24.75 per month, plus the toll fees. A separate invoice for toll-related charges will be sent to the address listed on your rental. The charges will appear on your credit card as a separate charge from PlatePass. Please be advised all information regarding Platepass is located on the back of the signed rental agreement therefore, no adjustments will be made regarding this issue."

Luckily, I only used it the one day before returning my rental because it could have been an additional $100 for the 4 days even if you used it once. I've never heard of such a thing and I completely understand why majority of their comments are negative. 1 out of 10 stars for sure.

HertzIsTheWorst 6/2/14 1:25PM
  • The absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced. And I'm not simply talking about car rental companies, I'm talking about any business. And I'm also not simply talking about this specific location, I'm talking every level of this company. No one cares and no one wants to hear your problems. No one can help either, they just pass you on to another empty voice that you have to hold ten minutes to explain your situation to...again...and there's nothing you can do about it. besides tell people to go somewhere else. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

btw--It took me six days of calling before I got one person that apologized.

bloodcat 5/29/14 4:57PM
  • I paid for car rental in cash. Then out of nowhere my debit card was charged another 127 dollars, without any authorization from me. Why would I have to authorize when I was just paid in cash at the counter. Long story short, somehow someway I was charged for a stranger's rental. How that could possibly happen I don't know but continuing on with the story. I take my receipt that I received from the counter, and my online transaction receipt to the Hertz rental desk at the JW Marriott Desert Springs in Palm Desert, and I can't tell you how lousy the customer service was. I've been waiting over three weeks now for a so-called manager's approval for the return of my funds. Now here's the real kicker after discovering their mistake three weeks later they send me an envelope with $50 cash inside. No check no receipt no anything just my name on the outside of the envelope and a $50 bill folded up inside.I wonder how their accounting department keeps track of such things. I cannot believe that an international company would refund someone without any receipt of transaction or anything. But the kicker is it, like I said it was $127 owed to me so they were about 77 dollars short.h Once again I return to the Hertz rental to show my receipt, and once again they give me the spill about a manager's approval for the rest of my money. So I'm wondering how can one day you slide $50 in cash to me in an envelope and then the very next day you tell me that I have to wait 2 weeks for the rest of the money to be deposited into my account. You may do as you please, but personally I will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever rent from Hertz car rental at JW Marriott Palm Desert or any other Hertz company in the world again. Truly terrible service, I see why I don't see the Hertz commercials as much as I used to they have really fallen by the wayside. This is not a rant or a conspiracy theory its just true.

Pissed Bellman 5/21/14 12:56PM
  • Had reservation to pick up SUV at 8:00am Downtown location, St. Louis MO. ..of course we get there and no SUV there. Mind you these reservations were made a week ahead!! Got every excuse in the book as to why a SUV was not there. Guy at front desk said we "YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT THIS HAS HAPPENED TO"!! WOW REALLY!!! . it's 9:00am, and still NO SUV!! Called the 1-800 number and guy who answered really was not interested in what I had to say so of course he transferred me. The young lady who I was transferred to was very RUDE.....and somehow the called got LOST!!! HERTZ SUCKS BIG TIME!! WILL NEVER RENT FROM THEM AGAIN, AND WILL TELL EVERYONE I KNOW.......DON'T!!!

Anonymous 5/16/14 7:33AM
  • I RENTED A VEHICLE FROM HERTZ RENTAL. I REURNED THE CA FULL OF AS AND UNDER THE CONDITIONS REQUIRED FOR A FULL RELEASE OF THE REMAINDER OF THE
    $200 DEPOSIT. I WAS TOLD AFTER I RTURNED HOME & CHECKED MY ACCOUNT that the remainder of the $200 was used to pay for a tank of gas @$9.70 per gallon.
    The attendant who returned the vehicle verified that the tank was full and that no additional charges were due. That the remainder of the $200 would be returned to my account by midnight of the same day. This never happened. They told me that my receipt etc verified that the tank was full. However within the week that they had withheld my funds it cause a domino effect of nsf charges. By returning the remainder of the $200-indirectly admitting guilt they refuse to replace 3 nsf charger. They still refuse to replace them. Hertz has some extremely f---ed up employees. They are rude and reckless. If there is any way or them to be held accountable--I am going to seek it out. In the meantime--I will never rent from them again.

Anonymous 5/14/14 1:04PM
  • My husband and I rented a car from the Hertz counter in Phoenix at the airport location. It was 7 p.m. -- not an extremely late arrival. The Hertz counter had four people working behind the counter, and six or seven kiosks. (Only one kiosk was working, however.) My husband stood in the line and I went to a kiosk to try to check in and get our car.
    The kiosk NEVER connected to a Hertz assistant even after an HOUR wait (a continuous loop on the phone screen said my wait time was 4 minutes). My husband inched his way through the line, and after an hour, and FINALLY saw an opening with a Hertz counter staff person. We walked up to the opening without being called, as EVERYONE had done before us, and a snippy counter worker "helping" someone else said loudly, "get back in line; we will call your name."
    NO ONE had waited to be called, and in no way would she begin to know our name. We returned to the front of the line, rolling our eyes with everyone else waiting. It was very ugly on Hertz's part, and they should be ashamed of this employee. I will be contacting Hertz next, but beware ... be prepared to wait an hour for your car, do not expect the kiosks to work, AND be treated rudely by an employee if you rent a car from the Phoenix Airport location.

Laura 5/9/14 9:32AM
  • I recently rented from Hertz at BWI-Thurgood Marshall Airport from 4-16-14 to 4-23-14. Upon returning the car to the rental terminal I left my cell phone in the drink holder in the center console. Less than 2 minutes later, I realized I didn't have my phone and I ran to the car. The attendant that had just checked me in pointed to another attendant and directed me to speak to her about my phone. The car had just been driven up the ramp to the car wash as I approached. I told her my phone was in the car and she delayed by asking me multiple questions as she was holding my receipt that had the answers to her questions. Then she drove another car up the ramp and quickly returned and said there is not phone in that car. I asked her if she spoke to the person that drove the car because they had my phone and her reply was, I said there ain't no phone in that car! I had no time to argue because I had to catch my flight. I just purchased that I-phone 5S 4 months prior but the most important issue was my personal and business contacts and emails were now compromised. I had to spend $750 for a new phone, $45 for new case and $200 for Life LOCK identity security as a result of this theft. There is no mistaking the phone was stolen because I had just hung up the phone from speaking to my mother on the phone prior to pulling into the rental car return area. Hertz hires Dishonest Thieves. I will tell every person I know to not use Hertz!!!

Anonymous 5/3/14 11:16AM
  • Good morning, I'm disappointed in your rental service. When i placed my reservation for 5.2.14 I told bryant that i needed the van for8:00 am so i could be on time for a appointment i had in another city.each time i talked to a rep it was a different story. Now their telling me it will be noon today. My whole schedule is off.
    They said they don't have cars because of a conference, my reservation was made a week in advance.
    What are you going ti do to fix this problem. I'm sitting and waiting. I need my van now.

Anonymous 5/2/14 9:25AM
  • Absolute worst service in history. They hire people with no experience with no customer service skills. They talk like they are from the worst parts of the city and haven't even graduated out anybody school.

Cindy68 4/28/14 8:17AM
  • Viewing positive Hertz customer service ratings
  • Hertz has called back promptly, after receiving my feedback on a St. Louis rental that felt like a bait and switch. Problem resolved. Faith in humanity restored.

Anonymous 7/17/14 5:42PM
  • I originally rented a standard size car from the St. Louis Hertz. The counter person asked me, a very weary traveler if a Camry would do, to which I said yes. She did not explain it was an upgrade, and I foolishly did not examine the receipt carefully. Bait and switch. I will not do business with Hertz again; this is the second time I have been let down, and the last.

Anonymous 7/17/14 5:27PM
  • To whom it my concern:
    I would like to offer my praise for one of your employees I encountered At Orlando International airport. When I returned my rental (7-1-14) to Hertz, Mr. Crawford Murray was very courteous and accommodating to us. He has such a pleasant and helpful attitude. He makes me want to come back to Hertz then next time I rent a car.
    Sincerely yours,
    Kevin Casey

Anonymous 7/1/14 5:43PM
  • I am trying to leave a note of commendation for a customer service representative who was particularly helpful to me - and should be recognized for her service representing Hertz. I am a Platinum Hertz member (through AMEX Black card) - my Hertz number is 28189904. The customer service representative who was particularly helpful to me is Christina R from Oklahoma City. Although through a chat session, her demeanor, the attitude she displayed through her responses and her knowledge of Hertz programs was certainly commendable. I hope the fact that I spent 30 minutes navigating through the web site to find a way to leave a commendation for Christina R tells you how pleased I was with her responsiveness and her great representation of Hertz. Please make sure that she knows how much I appreciated her help! Thanks, Ronald Cornelison.

Anonymous 6/13/14 3:38PM
  • Another big Thank You to Hector at Hertz at the Ft. Myers airport (RSW) location. When returning our car, my wife forgot she'd left a sweater in the back seat of the car. She remembered it just as we were ready to head through security. Hector contacted the cleaning area to determine if the car was still there, then went to retrieve the sweater and ran back to us. No problems making our flight and my wife was happy to have her sweater for the flight home.

Thank you, Hector!!!

CB 5/25/14 11:34AM
  • I rented a car from a Local Addition Hertz on Bell Road in Phoenix. I received great service from Chuck and Jamie.

My rental number

Anonymous 5/13/14 1:01PM
  • I visted Hertz Rental Car at Memphis Airport on 2/19/13 It was the worst!!! First thing they charge my credit card and told me that it was decline and come to find out the credit card company had an approved authorization crazy!!! I waited for two hours to even get that straighten out. They refused to take my Debit card finally after getting they straighten out they had no cars.. it was crazy no member of management would even come out to address the line of customers waiting on cars.. Customer service was wack!!!through it all the Customer Service Rep **Chris** who worked by himself to tackle all the angry customer was Oustanding Kudos!!to Chris..

Very Agitated 2/20/14 2:38PM
  • All too often customers are quick to lodge a complaint or write a nasty review of a business if they have a negative experience or issue…. They often don’t take the time to offer praise or give positive feedback for great experiences when it is rightly due. Well after the past 24 hours and a not so pleasant experience with Enterprise, I’m happy to report that within a matter of a few minutes, Hertz was able to provide me with the car rental services that I was in need of. They even went above and beyond what I would have expected of them.

My insurance company set me up a reservation with Enterprise for a particular class of vehicle. When I got to the branch, I was told they didn’t have it and they charged me more for a higher class. I spent the next morning and afternoon calling multiple branches trying to locate a sedan so that I could get in the vehicle that State Farm had approved. The branch I rented from never called me as they were supposed to when another vehicle came in. When I called them later in the day to check in and repeat what State Farm had said - suddenly, they had a sedan available for me, but couldn’t hold it so I would need to come right then. I was aggravated that they didn’t let me know about the vehicle and had every intention of returning it in another city the next day when I was near another car rental place that I could give my business to. I was searching for a Hertz to go ahead and get it arranged and was surprised that they now had one in my city. It was about 4:50pm when I called and asked about a 4 door sedan. I was told they had one available to rent that day. I was so excited and then I asked what time they closed and was told 5pm. I explained the situation with Enterprise and was going to reserve it for a pickup tomorrow when Brandon told me to go ahead and call State Farm to get it switched over, he would stay late and wait on me to come and get the car. When I got to his office, he was extremely polite and helpful. He worked everything out with State Farm for me, and even went as far as to follow me to the Enterprise office, to return their car. I made it a point to let them know that I had rented from Hertz when I was asked about needing a ride home. I took satisfaction in being able to say no, that they were in the parking lot waiting on me as they also “pick you up”. By the time we got back to the Hertz office so Brandon could get his car and head home it was 6pm. It was freezing cold and I’m sure he had already had a long day. He was so nice and made it such an easy, pleasant experience. I will never rent from Enterprise again and I’m happy knowing that Hertz now has an office in my town. They will always get my business, hands down.

asheATL26 1/23/14 6:51PM
  • I am a stand up comic and travel to LAX at least twice a year to perform. I must mention your employee at LAX Mr. Fernando Torres. He has been such a great help to me when traveling to Ca. He is a true professional as well as a company man. Your company should acknowledge his performance for your better interest. He is a true asset to your company Hertz based at LAX. Last Trip from Newark N.J. on December 22, 2013 thru January 5th 2014.

Johnniejohn 1/14/14 12:20PM
  • Excellent Customer Service from Mrs. Paula Robinson in the Denver Intl Airport Lost and Found. Recently I left a hat in the backseat of my rental car. I noticed it upon entering Security. Having time I returned to the Hertz rental car return. Mrs. Robinson was very helpful, trying to find my car which unknown to us was immediately moved to another location in Denver. She called Hertz Operations and Maintenance and even took a car to search the rental call lots. She assured me Hertz would find it and put a management hold on the vehicle so it could be searched. Sure enough my hat was returned in perfect condition. Mrs. Robinson is a model of customer service.

Gregg 1/13/14 11:38AM
  • Relax it's OK hertz is a great company call the billing department the number is available online all funds will be released in 4days

Anonymous 1/6/14 4:20PM
  • Major problem with Hertz rental in Charlotte.
    I rented a car from Hertz, Charlotte airport from Dec. 22nd 2013 through to Dec 28th 2013. I returned the car at 4.15pm on the 28th to Hertz at the same location. I parked in the rental return lane. At the return there were no Hertz people on the lot so I recorded the time, mileage and gas level and left the key in the ignition. The gas tank was empty as per the rental agreement. I went to the rental counter but there was also no one on the counter and a long line up of people also waiting for an agent. I could not find an express return box so after waiting for some time I left to catch my plane. I tried to call the location to tell them I had returned the car but I could not get through the system. On Jan 03 I got a call from the Vehicle Recovery Center saying the car had not been returned and to call them back .Tried several times on Jan 03. Finally after waiting for 45 minutes I got through to a person called Chris, explained what had happened he said he would attend to the problem. I also called customer service and they said they sent an E-mail to close out the rental. I also sent an E mail myself to the customer service.
    On January 05 I noticed pending payments accruing to Hertz on my Amex. which appeared to be for days after the 28th. I blocked the payments and called the customer service again. They said there was a hold on my account since the car had not been returned. They said to call the location direct and tell them to close the account out. I explained the number I had did not get me through to the rental car at Charlotte. The customer service agent gave me two numbers to reach them and connected me to one of them. This number went to someone in HR of an unknown company. I called the second number and this went to a private mail box. Finally, I called the number I had tried previously and this returned me to the customer service who said they would send an Email to the Charlotte location to close out the account and I should get a receipt by E mail. Meanwhile she said Hertz has put a lock on my account and was taking steps tor recover the car. Well I have not received a receipt or a response to any Email other than an automatic response that the E-mail was received. Hertz is still trying to bill my Amex every day.
    I have no idea how to get out of this loop. Does anyone have any suggestion? This is the worst experience I have ever had in almost 40 years of business and personal travel. I normally do not rent from Hertz and obviously will never do so again but need to find a solution to this problem
    Jim

Jim 1/6/14 9:12AM
  • Had a great service in Portugal, staff very friendly and amazing.
    Markus

Markus 12/15/13 4:49AM
  • i rent 31/8/13 and returned on 2/9/13 from d.d.o. st-jean. The staff over there is supportive and helpful. The personnel Mr. Robin specially helpful to find right vehicle.
    Thanks Hertz..

hafeez 9/5/13 4:51AM
  • Hi.

My apologies for contacting you in this manner. It is not a complaint but initially I must express my appreciation to your staff at the Sydney Intl. Airport - they are superb.

My reason for contacting you regards an item that I left in our rental when we checked it in to the airport on Saturday 27th of July. I inadvertantly left my NZ Disability pass on the windscreen and then walked away. It would be appreciated if it has been located if it could be posted to me at
    Our vehicle number was - a Toyota Corolla.

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards

George Singleton

Anonymous 8/1/13 9:53PM
  • Hertz has helped me in many ways and I cannot thank them enough because I lost my EZPASS and they contacted me and informed me that I lost it. I truly do appreciate their service very much and I will aways trust Hertz!

HKKH 2/27/13 12:46PM
  • We rented a car from Hertz in Irving from
    December 24-December 31, 2012. We were very pleased with the personnel there and the service they provided.

mayork2 12/31/12 2:50PM
  • This Hertz Gold Member has a smoke intolerance. On Thursday, October 25 late AM, I was priviledged to work with Ms.Debra & Ms. Sheila at Hertz Savannah Airport. The first car I was given had been cleaned and sprayed. After turning on the AC, the smoke was strong. I returned the keys requesting another. The second car had smoke. Sheila offered to hold onto my luggage until I found and accepted a more smoke free car. After 4-5 cars total, I accepted a Volkswagen Passat with low mileage. Both Debra & Sheila searched for low mileage vechicles until I found an acceptable one. Thank you Debra & Sheila!Outstanding Customer Service!

William J. Key 10/26/12 8:27PM
  • The conclusion to the other post in the negative section...now we have a positve post for balance.....
    10.12.12 3pm the car became available and I picked up the car at ft lauderdale downtown.

Supervisor Sally made some calls and got a quick response in locating the car that was to have been picked up this past monday and then delayed to today originally at 9am but they found it and changed the time to 3pm.

1. Sally/Sandra corp. sales were both nice & provided an incentive to purchase the car.

2. Steve was nice & had the car detailed at pickup.
    (unfortunately only 1 keyfob was available but that was as described) (cost over $200 at dealer for replacement)

3. I'm happy to be home in my nice toyota car and will probably purchase unless something like a leak is discovered.

Thankyou all for making this happen today 10.12.12

alpha1 10/13/12 5:31AM
  • Rented twice in Reno,rep. customer service at 3 different times, 5star, gave me discounts when I screwed up & put in to much gas, didn't clarify when I'd return the car, gave me benefit of doubt, w/o me even asking. Cars excellent, 3 people involved, all well trained & will require that I use Hertz next time. Tks G

Wheels 9/28/12 1:09PM
  • I rented a vehicle in Atlanta Georgia airport on Friday morning after a horrible red eye Delta flight. The representatives were awesome! They helped my daughter & I in dire need. We were late getting to an Army base and had a long drive. They made sure we had a full tank and lined us right up. They even were personable & hugged my crying daughter who was going to be late for a special graduation.

I highly commend these people, this company & will always be grateful, as well as recommend to others and always rent from you all. God Bless you. Cynthia Tabita

cynthia tabita 9/19/12 1:08PM
  • When someone does something extraordinary and considered well above the normal role of responsiblility, it certainly is worth taking the time to drop a comment off to the organization that person represents.

This is a commendation to a young man, Alex, who was on duty at the Charlotte, NC return center. On Wednesday, Sept 5, 2012, I was running a bit late to catch a flight. I'd turned the car in, and was quickly handed my receipt. What happened next - I made it to the location to catch the shuttle back to the airport. While walking to that area, a shuttle bus just left. I stood there for a couple of minute - maybe 3 or 4 - and a young man with a Hertz cap on drove up in a car and asked me if I wanted to wait for the shuttle or go with him. Very unusual, but there was another young traveling lady in the passenger's side that put me at ease, so I said "sure". There was no shuttle bus in sight, but that's not the point. This young man had apparently seen the need to transport the young lady to the airport for the same reasons as I. She was late and was probably going to miss her flight. So it goes that he put us both at the terminal in literal seconds, far quicker than riding the shuttle. He was an excellent driver and knew where and how to go, and maintained a reassuring attitude the whole way. Bottom line - Hertz can be proud of this young man Alex. Again, it's highly unusual, and those that may read this could claim that it was taking a chance, but with the lady in the front seat, and him in a Hertz car with a Hertz cap on put me at ease. He was very friendly - and helped with the bags. I made my flight - not sure about the young lady. Good Job Hertz - that young man is going places - either in Hertz or somewhere else in customer service.

JSM 9/6/12 1:40PM
  • We were three travelers at Ord airport in Chicago with a cancelled flight. No one at the airline or any other car rental company would help us. Your driver, Jose Castro came to the rescue. He spent several minutes radioing to the car lot to ensure we could rent a car without a reservation. The trip was uphill from there. Everyone at the Hertz lot at Ord were professional and helpful, and we arrived at our destination only one hour after our cancelled flight. We will use Hertz next time we need to rend a vehicle. I was not the person the car was rented to, just a happy passenger.

John Reff 8/29/12 8:01AM
  • I would like to say that I had a wonderful experience at your Warner Robins, GA location Ms. Ariel Lopez represented Hertz with the upmost manners and was such a delight to work with. I had attempted to rent from another car rental but met with all types of obstacles and had such an unpleasant experience that I had considered taking a cab. I did not know that Hertz had a rental location until I spoke with my insurance company. I would just like to reinter ate Ms. Lopez made my day a very pleasant one. Please let her know that she is appreciated. Thank you so very much.

Wendy J. Floyd

Anonymous 8/10/12 1:44PM
  • I want to compliment Jerry at the Las Vegas Mc Carran airport location. I left my sport coat in my rental and Jerry immediately jumped into action and had me get in the car with him to drive to find where they had parked my rental and in the end found my sport coat. After this I was running late and he drove me to the airport so I could catch my flight. Fantastic customer service. Hertz should be proud to have Jerry ( from New Jersey) on the team.

Tony 7/24/12 8:48AM
  • I used to work for Hertz. The reason customer service is so bad across the board is that most of their employees are unhappy with their jobs. Hertz treats its employees very bad and that reflects back on the customer. They are a greedy company that changes the rules to make their profit margins increase at the expense of their employees. They set unrealistic sales goals so that they get to keep their employee's bonus revenue. At that point there is very little motivation for the employee to strive for exceptional customer service.

A 11/20/11 5:35PM

• Hertz suspends praying Muslim shuttle drivers
    Thirty-four Somali Muslims who drive airport shuttle buses for Hertz were suspended Friday over a dispute over praying on the job.

By Lornet Turnbull

Seattle Times staff reporter

Zainab Aweis, 20, is one of the Somali Muslim shuttle drivers Hertz suspended for not clocking out during prayer

In the three years she's worked as a shuttle driver for Hertz at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Zainab Aweis, had always taken time out of her shift each day to pray.

An observant Muslim, she prays five times a day — with one, sometimes two of those prayer times falling during her shift.

"That was the one benefit of the job," the 20-year-old said.

On Friday, she and 33 other drivers — all of them Somali Muslims — were suspended indefinitely from their jobs after they took religious breaks to pray while at work without first clocking out.

A spokesman for Teamsters Local 117, which represents the workers, said it is trying to get the workers back on the job.

Both the company and the union late Thursday said they were waiting to hear back from the other.

While the drivers were allowed two, 10-minute breaks during their work shifts during which they could pray, Teamsters officials said managers had agreed in negotiations that workers would not have to clock out and in, though the contact itself does not address the matter.

And the workers and their union said Hertz had previously not required that workers clock out for prayer. The union said it has filed an unfair-labor-practices complaint with the National Labor Relations Board against Hertz for failing to notify the union in advance of what it called a policy change.

But Hertz said the rules aren't new; that it had been trying for some time to enforce the terms of an Equal Employment Opportunity Commission settlement it reached with the workers two years ago that required them to clock out.

A Hertz spokesman said the workers had been repeatedly told they needed to clock out and that the 34 suspended workers had not complied.

"We felt it was reasonable for our Muslim employees who need to pray a couple times during the workday to clock in and clock out," said Rich Broome, spokesman for Hertz.

Broome said it's not about pay — break time is paid time — but to ensure that workers were staying within the 10-minute time slots, which has been a problem.

He pointed out that Muslim workers who clocked out were not suspended.

On Wednesday, a few dozen people from area labor and faith organizations protested on behalf of the workers outside the Hertz counter at the airport, waving signs saying, "Respect me, Respect my religion."

The Teamsters represents about 79 drivers at Hertz — about 70 percent of whom are Muslim — earning between $9.15 and $9.95 an hour. They receive no health benefits, vacation or sick leave.

Aweis said she was not aware the rules had changed until she arrived at work on Friday and managers told her and six other women who were about to pray that several other workers had been sent home that day for praying.

"He said, 'If you guys pray, you go home,' " Aweis recalled.

"I said, 'Is that a new rule?' And he said, 'yes.' "

They prayed anyway, she said, contending that managers stood over them taunting and disrupting them.

"I like the job," Aweis said. "But if I can't pray, I don't see the benefit."

Mohamed Hassan, of the Somali Community Services Coalition, said the workers cannot afford to be away from their jobs. "They need to pay rent and buy food for their children."

MasterMind22x 10/6/11 10:19PM

Check out these popular comparisons of Hertz customer service versus other companies:
Hertz vs. Alamo Rent A Car
Hertz vs. Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Hertz vs. Pioneer
Hertz vs. Polk Audio
Hertz vs. Thrifty Car Rental
Authorized representatives of Hertz can sign up to reply to any of the comments found on this page.

800-654-3131
Hertz customer service phone number including steps to reach representatives, hours of operation, customer support links and more from ContactHelp.com.

Complete Hertz customer service phone numbers and contact information at ContactHelp.com

Locate the Hertz corporate office headquarters phone number, address and more at CorporateOfficeOwl.com.

Hertz corporate office headquarters information at CorproateOfficeOwl.com

Hours of Operation
Find Hertz hours of operation for locations near you!. You can also find Hertz location phone numbers, driving directions and maps.

Hertz hours of operation at HoursOfOperation.biz

Get immediate support for your Hertz questions from HelpOwl.com.

Receive immediate support for Hertz at HelpOwl.com

View thousands of Hertz user reviews and customer ratings available at ReviewOwl.com.

Hertz reviews and ratings at ReviewOwl.com

Traders Recap - Southwest Airlines Co. (LUV), Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. (HTZ ...
Southwest Cargo earned high marks for its great customer service, Performance, Value, and use of Information Technology. Southwest Airlines Co (NYSE:LUV) opened the session at $24.09, trading in a range of $23.18 – $24.11, and closed at $23.18.
Hertz launches dream car collection in the UK
Our new Dream Collection of modern design classics coupled with our VIP customer service will help our customers create lasting memories behind the wheel of some of the world´s finest cars.” Featuring a VIP customer service and Hertz's famous Make and ...
Hertz Rent A Car Launches Stunning Dream Collection In The UK
Our new Dream Collection of modern design classics coupled with our VIP customer service will help our customers create lasting memories behind the wheel of some of the world's finest cars." Featuring a VIP customer service and Hertz's famous Make and ...