KLM Customer Service

KLM customer service is ranked #333 out of the 707 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 35.49 out of a possible 200 based upon 90 ratings. This score rates KLM customer service and customer support as Disappointing.

• Viewing KLM customer service complaints
  • I have been trying to speak to a human as ALL my efforts to speak to customer care have failed.

After 4 months from a ducumente claim, the 27th of March a lady from Baggage claim Europe kindly, offer us the opportunity to follow-up the claim. She/he gave us 21 days time limit to contact KLM. We have tried every possible way unsuccessfully. PLEASE, provide us with an e-mail that we could send again all the information and that we could make a follow-up with a case ID

Anonymous 4/10/14 7:45AM
  • I travelled using the KLM flight to Amsterdam. The flight was very long and tiring but felt that the flights should have disposable tooth brushes offered by the hostesses as not many people make sure to keep such things in the handbags. I therefore, would like to offer a proposal to have my product sold on each International flight. I await your prompt response as it is quite affordable for customers and convenient. They can also be personalized if requested.

Anonymous 3/27/14 5:42AM
  • I travelled from London Heathrow to Amsterdam on SAt 04th Jan on KL1002 with overnight in Amsterdam and then onto Atyrau Kazakhstan on 05th Jan on KC904. I have been commuting this route fro the past 18 months and each flight my luggage is processed from Atyrau to London Heathrow and from Heathrow to Atyrau, on 04th Jan KLM advised me in London that they could not process the luggage to Atyrau from Heathrow I had to collect my luggage in Amsterdam. Yet some of my colleagues travelling the same route had their luggage processed straight from Heathrow to Atyrau and some had same experince as myself. Can you please davise why this has happened as it is a big inconveniance and I want to ensure that it does not happen again as I travel back to the UK every 6 weeks by same route.

Anonymous 1/6/14 10:17PM
  • KLM botched beyond logical explanation the shipment of a $95k box the size of a Smart ForTwo. We are trying to move an Engine for a large aircraft known as an APU, or Auxillary Power Unit.
    First, KLM shipped the paperwork to the end destination without the APU. That effectively jams it up in customs or KLM's warehouse, because its hazmat and can't move without the ORIGINAL DG documents.At that point we couldn't move it if we wanted to, we couldn't even do import paperwork to move it around Amsterdam. Eventually, KLM agreed to let go of it for a day to get new Hazmat paperwork be put on it. Within minutes of that email, I get another one that said WE FOUND THE PAPERWORK!! So then we started the new paperwork to move it with another carrier. After an hour long conference call with our freight forwrder rep, two of the airline executives and myself, we picked a DHL flight. When the courier who was going to transfer from MartinAir (KLM partner) to DHL, went to collect it up this morning at 9:00am AMS local time it wasn't there. Martin Air had no clue where it was.
    The word is KLM passed it to Martin as scheduled, but Martin Air can't come up with it. The first answer from MartinAir was "we don't have it." Then we started pressing them harder and they changed their answer to "we gave it to the driver already." They hadn't. Now KLM is saying that the freight was moved this whole time, and they think it is at the destination address.

swing&missKLM 11/7/13 4:08PM
  • Yes KLM sucks, coutomer service is a joke got sent two times to lax to retrive baggage only to fine it is being delivered to my house some time tonight.They lost four peoples baggage from ams to lax and was told that is not very many, really?

cfux 10/25/13 7:12PM
  • We flew from London to Quito, transit in Amsterdam.

The KLM customer service in London was horrific, no queue control with passengers all over the place trying to check in their bags, customer service agent didn't know what customer service meant, it didn't exist in her vocabulary!!!
    Ended up arguing with the senior agent that I was disgusted by everything I had seen organised. She didn't even care what I said!!!

KLM, DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF CUSTOMER SERVIE!!!!!!OR DO YOU JUST RECRUIT ANYONE FROM THE STREET THAT IS LOOKING FOR A JOB?????!!!!
    WHERE IS THAT EYE CONTACT AND SMILE, POLITENESS TOWARDS THE PASSENGER!!??

Unfortunately after taking off from Amsterdam(1.5 hrs transit) we arrived in Quito and went to baggage claim!!
    After waiting 45 mins we understood that one of our checked in luggage hadn't left Amsterdam airport!!!!
    COOL OR WHAT!??!

So I have been ringing and ringing and ringing and ringing KLM, the number that they gave me at the airport here in Quito, and guess what folks, they DO NOT KNOW WHERE MY LUGGAGE IS!!!!!!
    IT IS IN AMSTERDAM ALRIGHT!!!!THAT IS WHAT THEY TELL ME!!
    WELL, WHAT THE HELL IS IT STILL DOING IN AMSTERDAM KLM???!!!!
    I AM NOW IN QUITO, MY 3 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER HAS NO CLOTHES NOR SHOES,MY WIFE HAS NO SHOES!!!

WHY IS IT THAT THE SERVICE HAS DROPPED???

I DO NOT REMEMBER KLM BEING LIKE THIS!!!
    I HAVE FLOWN KLM SO MANY TIMES AND THIS WAS THE WORST OF ALL!!
    AND NEVER AGAIN IN THE FUTURE!!!!!!!

SO WHAT, YOU THINK A GOOD SERVICE MUST BE GIVEN IN THE AIR BY THE CREW, BUT NOT ON THE GROUND!!??
    IS THAT HOW KLM THINKS NOW???????

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN OUT THERE IN THE WORLD, IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BECOME A VICTIM,AVOID KLM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAA 8/19/13 7:19AM
  • Why is KLM's website so poor! I am a frequent flyer, not by my choice! My company has a corporate account so I have no choice which airline I fly.

The biggest problem I have with KLM is the Poor quality of there website! I have never been able to check in online in over two years. This is horrific !!!!! Please fix your website!

Plus I just flew back from Moscow via Amsterdam, toronto and finally Edmonton. They lost my bags for over 2.5 weeks!!!!

KLM....get it together!

steveopen780 4/18/13 3:57PM
  • Flight from Budapest to Amsterdam
    My laptop that for once in my life I left in my checked-iin suitcase was lost (stolen to say it clear). No way to send them a complaint thru the customers service web page, only elusive answers from managers like. They lead back to the same Customer service web site that never would take my data.
    Never fly again with KLM!

evasanspareil 4/10/13 11:12PM
  • HORRIBLE - this is the only word that fits KLM customer service. They don't bother to response to emails, phone calls or even FB posts. I have no idea how to update my flight reservation, and probably the only way to do it will be to go to the airport - complete waste of time in NYC. I am dumbfound that a company can just completely not care about providing basic customer service. I like their on-flight service, but after this customer service nightmare, I will NEVER book with them again.

virtualNYC 4/2/13 9:11AM
  • KLM really has no customer service, let me explain. You have to go through hard to understand page after page to find a form to fill out (if you have a flying blue customer number), then they replay with a template "do not reply" e-mail." Then there is no way to go back on line and continue a thread on your complaint and have to redo it each time. Does this sound like a company that cares? I'm a Platinum Elite member of their "loyalty program," which appear to be only in one direction, to them, not from them. Supposedly, if you're a platinum member for 10 years you can be a lifetime platinum, nice idea, but…I was at the 9 year level, clearly stated on the web site and I bragged how go the program was. Later they changed it to 8 years!! WTF. All attempts to talk to them about it required hard work and persistence to get beyond template answers, mostly, we're right your wrong. Finally they called and told me their right and please PROVE we made a mistake. basically calling me a liar. Is this the company you want to deal with?

CptJ 4/1/13 12:21AM
  • [Dear] KLM (as your Customer Care website is a complete waste of time and effort...) I will never ever fly with you again!!!

I had with KLM literally the worst ever flying experience and customer care in 20 years of frequent flying!

At the end of a terrible flight (late, with very bad "positive" landing and after a useless debate to avoid leaving my fully compliant hand luggage for check-in), my brand new laptop has been destroyed by having been made falling very badly by the flight attendant.

I have raised a complain via their Customer Care web-page (I wonder how they dare using the word "Care" close to "Customer"), result: LOST TIME!

The Customer Care Coordinator (Mr. Florin VASILESCU) refused twice to find a win-win remedy and hid behind the contractual accountability for any cabin luggage (even when damaged directly and exclusively by KLM personnel).

Not only me and my family will never ever fly KLM for all our life, but I have committed to spread the bad publicity to all my colleagues & friends and beyond.

Isky71 3/7/13 12:17PM
  • I arrived in Manila last Saturday on board KL 807.My baggages did not arrive on that same date.I was informed thru text messages and phone calls that my baggages were ready for pick up the following date,Feb.24.I informed the caller that I would just pick them up on Monday,Feb.25 because I had a very important appointment to attend to.I was so disappointed when I inspected my baggage upon arriving home. My Samsung S2 mobile phone was lost. I want to know what had happened as my baggages were transported from Dublin to Manila.Is your airline not responsible and accountable for the loss? Your immediate response will be appreciated.

Anonymous 2/25/13 7:46PM
  • At Cape Town airport we tried to upgrade to biz class, as offered on airport check in computer, we tried about 8x, used 4 different credit cards, my son's and mine, all were rejected, manager on duty could not help, front desk could not help, so we flew economy.
    Weeks later we found out that we were charged 3x on 3 different credit cards for that upgrade we never got, wrote to KLM weeks ago, no reply, my son also wrote to KLM, still waiting for his credit.Very bad service KLM ! You offer upgrade you can't give and you charge us 3x for what you did not provide !

paul_kacin 2/12/13 8:00PM
  • My flight for the following day was cancelled due to bad weather. I only learned of this from the airport website and not from KLM. On finally reaching KLM at around 21:00 I was rebooked to an earlier flight only to find on reaching the airport very early morning that my rebooked flight had been cancelled and that the airport had known of this since 14:00 the previous day i.e. 7 hours prior to the staff at KLM rebooking me.

sukuinage 1/24/13 3:22AM
  • We had flights booked from Kiev to Frankfurt going through Amsterdam. We were bringing my wifes cat with us and problems developed in Frankfurt changing terminals with our cat to catch our flights to Canada. I talked to KLM to try to get the last leg of our flight (Amsterdam to Frankfurt) taken off and I would book flights with them to Canada from Amsterdam. They wouldn't try to help at all even though they would be selling us additional flights. Also they wouldn't refund anything from the flights we no longer could use. We are never using them again.

Anonymous 1/13/13 11:06AM
  • This is the worst airline with very bad customer relationship. We were told that they over booked after we had reached the counter with no other information other than come tommorrow, no contact information. We slept at the airport with all sorts of insults and nobody attended to us. No manager, no nothing. Bad airline. Never to patronize u again.

Sandra George 1/5/13 4:30PM
  • KLM has lost any respect I had left for it. We all have horrible airline experience, bit there is something about pettiness that really wears away any semblance of quality and trustworthiness. After booking excess baggage for an outbound flight online, I received an email confirmation for the inbound flight. I called immediately to explain it was a mistake and asked for it to be changed or refunded. But the answer was no. Although the flight was 3 weeks away, I called within minutes of the booking, and it was a simple mistake for a first time user of the site, I was told it was 'impossible' to change or refund. Are you kidding me? What kind of brand begrudges a paying paying customer the cancellation of an innocent mistake? A brand that deserves to avoided. I encourage others not to make the same mistake and take your business elsewhere!

juanitasweet 12/30/12 4:35PM
  • Worst customer service of any airline. I've made almost 200 international trips over the past 35 years and KLM is the ABSOLUTE WORST in customer service.

bobber 12/9/12 8:35PM
  • KLM and Delta combined are a complete mess. My reservations have been cancelled twice, my seats lost numerous times, I had to fight to get a flight change when a change of schedule left us with a 48 minute connection from domestic to international. And now KLM has charged us 5 times for 2 upgraded seats on one segment of our trip and I am told that nobody has any record of it (except me- emails from KLM and credit card charges). Their computer systems do not work together and trying to find someone to complain to who can do something is next to impossible.

5Waldos 12/9/12 4:23PM
  • where is KLM KLM WHERE ARE THEY THE NUMBER ON THEIR SITE SAYS 24/7 BUT NO AND IM IN A REAL BIND HERE!

Anonymous 12/1/12 4:23AM
  • I booked Ticket from klm Tehran office,
    ( two way) from Tehran to Vancouver and return,
    I used Vancouver to Tehran flight.
    My return date from Tehran to van. was Oct.05.2012, on Sep.23.2012 I informed that,my flight date has been changed to Oct.06.2012 without any confirmation and this date was not accepted to me, because I had organized all my days before booking ticket.I presented a claim letter on Sep.24.2012 to the customer service (claim section)and still waiting to reply.

Ghadaksaz 11/24/12 9:05AM
  • I am not satisfy of KLM's customer service
    and the Stafs whom selling Ticket

Ghadaksaz 11/24/12 8:21AM
  • KLM was fine - DELTA was not. They are airline partners and better get their act together!

Booked direct with KLM. Got booking code #.

When I called in, Delta handled calls and changed booking code. WhY? Got all screwed up at AMS airport enroute to Rome. KLM resolved but it was a BIG issue they did not understand. Got to Rome on time, but Delta needs work if partnering with KLM flights. Should never change booking codes on itineraries!!

Booking code:

Anonymous 11/17/12 11:00AM
  • This is the worse airline experience I have ever had. I arrived in Ghana for my dads funeral with no bag. Day after day they can tell me nothing. They have no idea where it is or any idea when it is coming. How can they do this in the 21st century when everything is scanned. why can't they just look on a computer and tell me where my bag is. Now they are saying it will take 45 days to file an insurance claim. I will never fly KLM again

mourning 10/30/12 1:02PM
  • Horrible customer service..was overcharged for a second bag that I didn't even need to have, but did so for convenience. Since KLM is partnered with Delta (therein may lie the problem) and AirFrance (need I say more), they can all book and change tickets for each other but cannot refund monies or really take care of any other issues. What results is a big run around. The website is user unfriendly and cannot be navigated easily, if at all. I tried to obtain a 20% discount for a second bag online prior to check in for a flight from Nuremberg, Germany to Los Angeles, CA via Amsterdam, but could not do so. Neither could I order a special meal online. Terrible food; terrible service. Am now being charged by my credit card for an amount over the 20% discount that I fought so hard for at the ticket counter in Nuremberg. The agent first told me that only certain flights were eligible but could not tell me which ones. Then she tried to tell me that I had booked on Delta, which I did not. Finally she issued a coupon with the discount, but I was charged incorrectly and furthermore, she wrote down 2 pieces of additional luggage, not 1!! So angry and irritated I could scream. Now I'm told to write a letter and complain and send a copy of the coupon with the handwritten amount.

pettchr1 10/22/12 11:32AM
  • I flew from Lisbon to Calgary on KLM on November 3/13. A couple of hours into the flight I developed a medical emergency and wound up passed out in the bathroom. Many thanks to the beautiful black flight attendant who picked me up off the floor and ushered me to a safe place. Thanks also to the flight crew who tried valiantly to come up with an explanation for my illness, as I lay in misery, unable to communicate. I don't remember returning to my seat, but I do remember vomiting all the way to Calgary (in the sick bag, I did have some dignity left.) On reaching Canada, I wobbled off the plane, courting a ferocious headache. Thanks again guys for your attention to a passenger in need and most of all for your compassion. Worst flight/best attendants. You guys rock!

Anonymous 11/11/13 12:55PM
  • Dear madams and sirs

I had the pleasure of flying KLM 643 from Amsterdam to JFK on November 7th.

The big bird was less than half full, which naturally made the flight even nicer.

But I would like to maintain that the cabin crew made it a treat. At some point

it came out that it was my birthday trip to NYC. Mr Bob van Heeks of the flight

crew said that we need a birthday cake. I said, no thanks, due to my diabetes.

Then mr van Heeks pointed out that I enjoyed the Beemster cheese served earlier.

I said yes indeed, it was one of the best things I've had north of France. A little

later mr van Heeks brougt me a plate with av variety of cheeses and a bottle of

red wine saying Happy Birthday. This was a really unexpected gesture and

made feel like a 1st class passenger.

Thank yoiu KLM. You have a very proffessional staff.

Mr Gunder Soderman

Anonymous 11/9/12 1:35PM
  • Nairobi-AMS scheduling problem meant spending 17 hours in the airport being uselessly sent from one office to another around and around until at last a really intelligent customer oriented manager,
    Mr. Charles Nzomo, helped reunite our family by solving our problem, cutting red tape and getting us all on the same flight--Bravo, Charles--KLM is lucky to have you on staff and we were lucky to have your help! Ellen from Seattle

ellen 8/22/12 3:03PM
  • I'm submitting this was past the date of my experience, only because I'm so surprised at the rating. I flew KLM in 1990, JFK to Amsterdam. Lovely flight in the smoking section (in the pre-NannyNation Days). I wasn't in 1st class, but never felt a lack in my accommodations. On my return, I left my suitcase in one of the airport shops. I had been running late while trying to fulfill a duty-free requests (for chocolates, no less), and ran to my gate. The gate personnel informed me that the plane had already closed, but she called, and they opened the doors, lowered the engines (I heard this, even from inside), and let me in the plane without reproach. Smooth, uneventful, comfy flight home, even as the flight to the Netherlands. Hot, moist, steamy faceclothes to combat dry cabin air, a lovely smoking section which never had cloudy smelly air. Since this time I've been on the mandated nonsmoking flights,and they seem to have given up on filtering air now that there are no smokers. Pyew! Stale, over-used perfume, unwashed bodies, stinkfoot, diapers, and trenchmouth. Maybe all were filtered out when they had to filter for smoking (since smoking ban, I've flown American, Delta, Continental. KLM unfortunately wasn't going my way). Anyway, I arrived home happy and comfy, then realized that I had possibly left one of my suitcases behind. I called the airline and left my information. About a week later, someone drives on to our hidden, dead-end street, delivers my suitcase, and rushes off. He didn't even stay long enough to get a tip! Wow! That is excellent unobtrusive customer service! They don't make a big deal of it, they don't wait around with their hand out, they don't warn you about an impending customer service survey (where anything less than a 10 out of 10 means they failed). They just did their job and left! I'm so impressed and would fly KLM 1st choice every time just because the experience I had was so good in comparison to the other airlines I've flown.

SaMM 10/19/11 5:46PM
  • Oceania Cruise Lies bookedthe following flights: KL 1610 Istanbul to Amsterdam connecting with Flight 669 to DFW on September 18, '11. On boarding Flight kl 669, we were directed to Seats 18E & F sand not 16A & B. This was contrary to the written assurances by the Cruise Line. We were shocked and complained to the Chief Purser who refewrred us to a Flight Attendant. We were asked to remain in seats 18E & F until after rtake off, which we did. To our great relief and pleasure, we were directed to seats 35 A & B.
    From then on, this flight turned out to be one of the best we ever experienced.I should point out this is our THIRD KLM Flight fom DFW to NICE and PARIS.
    The service, food and hospitality, together with the warmth and friendliness we received, were of the highest standard. We really felt compensated after the confusion over the sears assignments.
    We wish to commend the following ladies for going out of their way to make our flight a most comfortable one throughout: Marloo Hagen
    Inge Van Zoele
    Vanessa Dewaele
    Again, our very sincere thanks to all and we of course look forward to our next KLM flight next summer and who knows we may perhaps meet again one of the above ladies.
    Sincerely,

Robert and Renee Soussi
    2405 Fountain Head Drive
    Plano, TX 75023

Anonymous 9/29/11 9:01AM
  • Flew KLM from the States to Amsterdam; the service was excellent. Attendants were friendly and frequently checking to make sure things were ok. We were delayed on one transfer because another KLM flight was late and (I understand) they guarantee the successful transfer for those passengers when that happens. It was a hassle, but I would want it that way if I were the one delayed.

francis8 9/2/11 10:53AM
  • on checking in at Aberdeen heading for Adelaide on the 7th of July 2011 we could not be boarded owing to the fact we did not have visitors visa's. The staff of KLM were second to none, in no time at all they were on the internet and got the much needed Visa's all this and time to spare before our flight was due. We were assured if the Visa's were not confirmed on time they would get us on a later flight. We were very impressed with service we recieved from the check in staff and service desk staff at Aberdeen. The cabin crew on the flight both going and coming back from our holiday could not be faulted. We will certainly be flying KLM again in the future.

Mary and Bob 7/28/11 6:51PM
  • just had the most amazing flight from lax to amsterdam on route to dublin on tues weds dec 1st !!! the crew were amazinga nd plane was amazing too ...i will certainly try and fly with them again in the future !!!

helen 12/4/10 12:08PM

Check out these popular comparisons of KLM customer service versus other companies:
KLM vs. Air Canada
KLM vs. Iberia
KLM vs. Lufthansa
KLM vs. US Airways
KLM vs. Virgin Atlantic
Authorized representatives of KLM can sign up to reply to any of the comments found on this page.

866-434-0320
KLM customer service phone number including steps to reach representatives, hours of operation, customer support links and more from ContactHelp.com.

Complete KLM customer service phone numbers and contact information at ContactHelp.com

Locate the KLM corporate office headquarters phone number, address and more at CorporateOfficeOwl.com.

KLM corporate office headquarters information at CorproateOfficeOwl.com

Get immediate support for your KLM questions from HelpOwl.com.

Receive immediate support for KLM at HelpOwl.com

View thousands of KLM user reviews and customer ratings available at ReviewOwl.com.

KLM reviews and ratings at ReviewOwl.com

Royal Jordanian renews component support contract with AFI KLM E&M Group
With a joint workforce of over 14,000, AFI KLM E&M offers airlines comprehensive technical support ranging from engineering and line maintenance to engine overhaul, aerostructure and FTR support, as well as management, repair and supply of aircraft ...
KLM porta i viaggi aerei sui social media! - Pionero
Cliccando sul link, il pagamento può essere eseguito con un sistema sicuro e la transazione viene finalizzata online senza più bisogno di contattare il call center. Un agente del servizio social media di KLM riceve un messaggio appena il pagamento ...
| Quarta-Feira - 26/2/2014
Com o objetivo de prestar um serviço melhor aos clientes, a Air France e a KLM passam a oferecer atendimento em português nas mídias sociais. Dúvidas sobre a viagem, tempo de voo e reserva serão atendidas nas páginas das companhias no Facebook: ...