Kenmore Customer Service

Kenmore customer service is ranked #513 out of the 724 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 28.03 out of a possible 200 based upon 132 ratings. This score rates Kenmore customer service and customer support as Terrible.

Terrible Overall Customer Service Rating
  • Viewing Kenmore customer service complaints
  • I have a stove that keeps going out !!!!! Gas !

I can't even use the oven to clean ! It over heats and goes out !!! And sears tell me not to use it !then how I am going to cook !!! Kenmore pro !!!

You all over there needs to help us not fair to spend $4500 and my stove goes out

3 years old only !!!!!!

Ginnginn 6/30/14 7:04AM
  • I am very disappointed with my Kenmore washing machine this was purchased July 8 the 2011 and I called to see how much it was going to cost to fix..$$ I don't think a washing machine should only last 3 yrs...the circuit board seems to have gone out.I seriously don't have money to fix or for a new washer.. please help me :( I hope you will stand by your products. I would be very appreciative. Tracey Griffin

jeepcherokee 6/27/14 5:32PM
  • I bought a Kenmore digital 5-cup coffeemaker that leaks all the water inTO the carafe before I have a chance to turn it on. The manual doesn't have a troubleshooting section and contains no contact info. The contact info I found online keeps telling me I have won a cruise that I don't want. I press the number to indicate I don't want a cruise, I get someone trying to sell me a cruise anyway.
    It's bad enough the product is junk, Kenmore is worthless at communications, too, and apparently scamming bogus trips on the side. My last Kenmore product is heading to the trash in the morning.

mike 5/23/14 6:18PM
  • Just bought a '1954' Kenmore Super Deluxe Stove. I believe
    it is missing some parts around the grill/5th burner. Where can I get the information I need to order parts?
    Thank you.
    5/23/2014

Anonymous 5/23/14 5:16PM
  • Bought a Kenmore DEHUMIDIFIER (70 pint) 5/12 and it had intermittent problems since fall and now does not work at all - barely 2 years old. Been on the phone all afternoon and nothing resolved except for the fact that customer service and repair dept. are a waste of effort. No 5 year warranty anymore for compressors and if there was still would have to take over an hour away to drop and pick up and would have to pay for labor to repair. I will NEVER buy anything more from Sears. I, also, have problems with a Kenmore Washer early on after purchasing - CHEAP and junk.

Anonymous 5/16/14 1:03PM
  • Have a Kenmore Elite Oasis HE washing machine.
    Have had 3 computer boards, a shaft and bearing kit, and a door latch put in this machine.
    Have the F51 code again showing I need yet a 4th computer board.
    There have been 100s of complaints against this machines computer board. Called Kenmore, directed to Sears, directed to Kenmore and then back to Sears. 0 help. I've read there is an upgraded computer board but they cant verify. 0 help offered other than for me to buy a 4th Computer.
    Terrible machine and dismal customer assistance. I will never buy a Kenmore product or Whirlpool product or shop at Sears.

David Robertson 5/5/14 2:56PM
  • I have owed a Kenmore elite grill the outdoor kitchen series. I have this grill for 7 years and cook year around what a super grill. I converted over to ng with no troubles at all. Just wanted to thank you for making a great grill. Only problem is no cover to fit the size so after all these years it is rusting out on inside so have to start looking for a new grill

Anonymous 5/1/14 1:32PM
  • Purchased a Kenmore elite drawer dishwasher and it leaked water all over hardwood floors. I have about 7,000.00 dollars in damages to floors. Dishwasher is defective and discountinued and keep getting run around on if LG or Kenmore is maker. Sears said can't do anything but give 10%
    off a new one. This is 3 years old paid 1300. for it.

Anonymous 4/30/14 10:50AM
  • our problem kenmore dishwasher this weekend almost seriously hurt my 2 year old when the top rack completely fell out and almost landed on top of her! i tried to make it very clear that i hope it doesn't seriously hurt someone before they decide to recall it! i just spent the morning on the phone telling my story to many i will say well trained customer service people. i guess i know where the money is spent when yo purchase crappy products that fall apart and stop working mysteriously as soon as the warranty is up. i am so unhappy at this point that our year old kenmore dishwasher -expensive-and two year old chest freezer- that just decided to stop working- willb e headed to the dump. honestly i was not even looking for much just wanted to see if we had a defective dishwasher...it needed a new motor in the first month should have been a clue. but i refuse to pay more money for agreements or service calls on a product which has been nothing but trouble..parts fall off, it doesn't clean, it runs for hours, its a safety concern. i truly hope that no one else has the same scary situation. i will be pursuing other options to make sure the safety issue is known.

unhappy again 4/24/14 8:08AM
  • We replaced a 28 year old Kenmore washer & dryer with a new Kenmore set almost 3 years ago. The washer started acting up - it wouldn't complete the cycle or spin the clothes dry. The repsirman said its the transmission gone out & it will cost $400 to replace. We are paying this riduculous amount to repair the piece of junk this time. This rep as ir only comes with a 90 day guarantee! Unbelievable!!! I CAN GUARANTEE SEARS THAT WE WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANY MORE OF THEIR SHODDY APPLIANCES - EVER!!! I WOULD START USING A WASH BOARD FIRST. I would strongly recommend that everyone start buying another brand of appliance. Let Sears go ahead & go the way of the dinosaur. We would all be better off.

infuriated 4/10/14 8:14AM

Infuriated,
    We thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We certainly can see why you are so frustrated and upset over what has occurred with your washer. We would be happy to connect you with one of our dedicated case managers to contact you and address repair concerns. Please send the following information contact #, screen name (infuriated), phone # used at time of purchase to [email protected] Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Sears Cares 4/16/14 1:35PM

• I purchased a Kenmore washer and dryer set 6 years ago 3 years ago the warranty run out and I've had nothing but problemsI have had to replace be heating element in the dryer twice in the water pump in the washing machine once and the water inlet just went out in my washing machine in my dryer beeps all the time you can't run it on normal on high no longer on towels they are junk

mad in Kansas 4/2/14 7:37PM
  • Good morning Representative:

I have an idea that I believe will allow your appliance line to move higher on the list of sellers.

Respectfully,

Christine Hofmeyer

Anonymous 3/30/14 7:53AM
  • Kenmore Elite Dishwasher A BIG, Expensive piece of junk!!

Purchased from Sears 17 months ago. Pricy for a dishwasher, Sears sales rep hyped it up. Circuit board now needs replaced? Hardly been used. Repair/replacement as much as the machine. What an absolute joke. Sears customer care ridiculous and not helpful. How can Kenmore live with the shoddy workmanship they are hocking? An absolute disappointment. Was a loyal Sears and Kenmore owner, NEVER again!! Kenmore and Sears have lost my business, as well as my entire family. Shame on you Kenmore and Sears.

denverpa 3/29/14 1:26PM

Denverpa,
    My name is Liz and I am with the Sears Cares escalations team. We are terribly sorry for the troubles you have been experiencing with your dishwasher. From your post we can see that we certainly have let you down and would like to offer some assistance. We would like the opportunity to speak with you to ensure the problems with your dishwasher are addressed and hopefully restore your faith in Sears. At your earliest convenience please send the following information contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name that you have been assigned to reference your post (denverpa), to [email protected] We look forward to speaking with you.

Sears Cares 4/4/14 12:00PM

• This microwave is only out of warranty a shot time and quits! Timer works. Light works. None of the buttons work except except the QuickStart and then only if you stand there and hold down the door opener of all things! It heats if you do that but no other way!
    Any suggestions! .?
    L

.? What is this? 3/25/14 11:21AM
  • I bought a kenmore microwave one and one half years ago an d the thing has quit already! The only way it will heat is to hold the door opener down!!!
    The timer works, light comes on, quick start will work if Dorris opener is held on! turntable won't turn or any of the other buttons won't work!
    What is wrong with this very inferior piece of workmanship??!
    SeArs won't do anything. Repair wants $100 to inspect it! That is with me bringing it to repair shop! I can buy a microwave for that!
    Can you all do anything! We are on fixed income!?
    Mrs. Claude E Crawford

Anonymous 3/25/14 10:41AM

Mrs. Claude E Crawford,
    We thank for taking the time to let us know about this situation regarding your microwave. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We can truly understand how important it is to have your microwave working properly. Also, we can see your source of frustrations with the added cost of repair. We would be happy to connect you with one of our dedicated case managers to assist you and address your concerns. Please send the following information contact #, screen name (Anonymous032514), phone # used at time of purchase to [email protected] Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Sears Cares 4/4/14 11:47AM

• I promise that I will never purchase another Kenmore product and I'll make sure everyone I know hears about the junk they sell. I purchased a French door refrigerator 1.5 years ago but did not purchase an extended warranty. I expected the quality to be better. The ice maker quit working so I called A & E Service. The service guy told me the a sensor on the bottom of the ice tray wasn't working and the sensor could not be replaced and proceeded to say the entire ice maker had to be replaced. He also said this is a known problem with these ice makers. Explain to me how Sears can sell a product with known issues. The ice maker and service would have cost $373.00 which is highway robbery also. Unbelievable how companies are allowed to sell the public total junk!

FedUp 3/18/14 11:56AM

FedUp,
    My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We are sorry for the troubles you have encountered with your ice maker. We can truly understand your disappointment and see we have fallen short of your repair expectations. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience and address your concerns. At your earliest convenience please send the following information contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name that I have assigned to reference your post (FedUp31814), to [email protected] Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Sears Cares 3/19/14 12:54PM

• I purchased a Kenmore elite model in aug 2012. in mar 2014 the bearings went out and the cost to repair/replace is $300+ on a $569 washer. i did not buy the extended warranty and Sears, Kenmore and LG and all telling me it is your loss. Kenmore farmed this out to LG and LG says not our problem. Kenmore says i overloaded washer and washed alot of comforters which we did not. They are not standing behind their product and when you try to find Corporate President or executive you cannot even get secretary or associate to voice your concern over faulty American products. to go out in 20 months is either engineering flaw, manufacturer flaw or a lemon. this is first time unit has had trouble to Kenmore says no lemon but unit has failed and cost is prohibitive to repair. Senseless to pay 239.00 for one year warranty which basically covers cost of material.

Kenmore and Sears have let me down and will not stand behind faulty product and i am very disappointed.

jdej 3/15/14 7:33AM

Jdej,
    We thank for taking the time to let us know about this situation. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We can truly apologize for the mishaps that have occurred with your washer. We would be happy to connect you with one of our dedicated case managers to assist you and address this matter. Please send the following information contact #, screen name (jdej), phone # used at time of purchase to [email protected] Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Sears Cares 3/19/14 1:07PM

• There´s a Kenmore Tech and distribuitor in Chile whom is making a disaster with Kenmore Brand. How can an american company not take care of defending it´s Brand.

The technical Service is SERVICIO TECNICO JLM LIMITADA and their adress is Av. Los Zapadores 0733 Santiago Chile.
    Please help the hundreds of innocent people that think we are buying to a KENMORE oficial distribuitor.

Alfredo Godoy

SCHOLL 3/13/14 7:08AM
  • I brought a Kenmore Elite Bottom Freezer Refrigerator Jan 2013 that cost $2400. The one year warranty ran out 2 Feb 2014. Why would you need to purchase an extended warranty on an item that cost that much money? You would think your would have a good 5 years before something goes wrong. My refrigerator went out February 22, 2014; the compressor went out. I was told that the compressor is still under warranty but I would have to pay the labor. I had not idea that the labor charge would be over $400. Then I was told that they could not come out until Mar 27. I call corporate to let them know how displeased I was with an appointment a month out. I was able to get an appointment for Mar 6 thinking that they would have the compressor with them. No, the part had to be order from overseas and I was given an appointment for Apr 9th. Of course we had to pay the $400 labor charge before the part could be order. How do they expect someone to go 2 months with out a refrigerator; we are not talking about a vacuum cleaner but a item of necessity. Every appliance I have ever brought has been a Kenmore. After this fiasco, I may have second thoughts about Kenmore being my appliance of choice.

Fed up in GA 3/6/14 5:21PM
  • We purchased a Kenmore dishwasher, and additional 1 year service plan from Sears approximately 5 years ago. All told we spent over $900.

This week, a button for one of the wash cycles fell off. I listened as my wife was on the phone with customer service and was transferred to at least 3 different people, each time getting the runaround. Finally she was lectured by one of the operators about how sometimes "things just break. They don't last forever." They told us there was nothing they could do without an extended warranty plan. Then he proceeded to inquire about other Sears products we had in the house and whether we might be interested in purchasing extended warranties for them. They clearly weren't interested in trying to resolve anything without trying to sell us on another warranty Really?

We seem to live in a throwaway society, where long-lasting, solidly built items no longer exist. Spending $900 on a dishwasher only to have a button fall off within 5 years is ridiculous. I go to a gym with treadmills and other equipment, who's buttons are probably pushed hundreds of times a day and they seem to last. We run our dishwasher maybe once a day if we're lucky. A button should not fall off under those conditions.

Add us to the list of people who will never again purchase anything from Kenmore, or Sears for that matter. What a disappointment. It amuses me how people can praise a company like LLBean for giving such extraordinary customer service, when really all they're doing is standing behind their product. Yet it's somehow seen as going above and beyond, because companies like Kenmore/Sears act like this, where you're made to feel defensive and ridiculous for expecting something to be fixed by the manufacturer.

DisappointmentInVA 3/4/14 5:08PM

Hello DisappointmentInVA!
    We thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We certainly can see why you are so frustrated and upset over what has occurred with your dishwasher. We would be happy to connect you with one of our dedicated case managers to contact you and address your concerns. Please send the following information contact #, screen name (DisappointmentInVA), phone # used at time of purchase to [email protected] Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Sears Cares 3/12/14 5:00PM

Hight 17.83" X 11.18" Width X 19.08" Deep

Delivery At Ohio Columbus

Layla Ibrahim Fahiye

? 3/2/14 12:41AM
  • Calgary, Alberta - Our Kenmore Furnace, only 3 years old broke down a couple of weeks ago - the blower malfunctioned at 11 pm - the temperature outside was -40 Celsius with the wind chill. At home with my two young children, I contacted the first emergency furnace repair person who would come to my house immediately. He discovered the blower malfunctioned, replaced it and alas the furnace was working again, saving me and my young family from a very dangerous situation, subjected to freezing temperatures in our own home. When I contacted Kenmore/Sears Customer Service they told me they could not honor the warranty because a Sears/Kenmore repair person did not fix the furnace... First of all, there is no label on my furnace stating I MUST contact a kenmore technician for repairs in order for a warranty to be valid. I didn't even know this. As a customer who just purchased a $5,000 furnace less than three years ago from Kenmore, wouldn't the company want to do the right thing and honor my warranty given this very situation? Their product broke down, malfunctioned. It shouldn't be this complicated to get a refund on the part that malfunctioned. Bottom line.

Angry customer - furnace warrant 2/20/14 11:47AM
  • I have a kenmore washer less than a year old. I am so extremely displeased I will never ever purchase anything from sears. I will not even shop at sears again. It has been nothing but problems and repairs from a few months after it was purchased. Never again at the price I paid for this washer I will go somewhere else as I now need a new washer. Never again.

Holly 2/16/14 12:17PM

Holly,
    I saw your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We thank you for posting about your washer. We can truly understand your disappointment and see we have fallen short of your repair expectations. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience and address your concerns. At your earliest convenience please send the following information contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name that I have assigned to reference your post (Holly), to [email protected] Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Sears Cares 2/25/14 12:06PM

• I have a Kenmore elite washer when I purchased it I was told it was the top of the line in washers. As long as you are ready to pay for repair after repair. Then the item that I have paid for in the past is now under a warrantee recall so I have the technician come out to the house to replace for the THIRD TIME a circuit board. After the install I try my machine and it is worse than before I call the technician and he tells me its a FAULTY CIRCUIT BOARD. hmmm Isn't that what I just replaced was my old faulty circuit board for a new one is there such a thing as QUALITY CONTROL ANYMORE PLEASE WAITING ON A REPLY

ts 2/6/14 8:30AM
  • Kenmore / Sears does not stand behind their products, all they give you is the run around. customer service is a joke they all they you the same thing sorry to hear your having problems. all in all SEARS/KENMORE SUCKS

Anonymous 1/31/14 11:15AM
  • i bought a kenmore fridge 4 years ago its great..... went to sears kingston the most helpful store ive ever been to!!!!!

Anonymous 1/6/13 1:12PM
  • My wife has purchased kenmore elite kitchen and laundry within the last 18 months. We are very satisfied with our appliances. 15 years ago we bought a glass top stove, had 3 service calls within 6 mo. Sears replaced for customer satisfaction. Robert/ Linda Standard

bobstd 4/8/12 4:08PM
  • 1. Kenmore Fridge fill kitchen with smoke and stopped working. Called Sears Customer Service and was told that the soonest they could respond was two weeks, period. Called East Coast Appliances (ECA)in Virginia Beach VA and asked how soon a repair person could come and look at my fridge. Operator for ECA asked me what was going on. I told her. She recommended I call KENMORE customer service and gave me the 800 number . I called it. They were VERY sorry that I had a problem with one of there products. As it was 5 PM by this time they said that they would have a repair person there first thing in the morning. 8AM the next morning a service person arrived, repaired the problem to my satisfaction and gave us a $250.00 check to cover food spoilage and whatever. Ther were several follow ups (both letters and phone calls). Fridge is still working months later. My rating for Kenmore is better than excellent. Sorry I don't have the Kenmore customer service number handy or I'd post it.

Beginner 12/28/11 10:15PM
  • My Kenmore dishwaser is an excellent product. Customer service, installation was first rate and second to none. I would buy another of their products.

Anonymous 3/18/11 7:56AM

Check out these popular comparisons of Kenmore customer service versus other companies:
Kenmore vs. Bosch
Kenmore vs. Oreck
Kenmore vs. Samsung
Kenmore vs. Weber
Kenmore vs. Whirlpool
Authorized representatives of Kenmore can sign up to reply to any of the comments found on this page.

800-349-4358
Kenmore customer service phone number including steps to reach representatives, hours of operation, customer support links and more from ContactHelp.com.

Complete Kenmore customer service phone numbers and contact information at ContactHelp.com

Locate the Kenmore corporate office headquarters phone number, address and more at CorporateOfficeOwl.com.

Kenmore corporate office headquarters information at CorproateOfficeOwl.com

Get immediate support for your Kenmore questions from HelpOwl.com.

Receive immediate support for Kenmore at HelpOwl.com

View thousands of Kenmore user reviews and customer ratings available at ReviewOwl.com.

Kenmore reviews and ratings at ReviewOwl.com

Kenmore Manuals
Find free Kenmore manuals and user guides available at ManualOwl.com.

Free Kenmore manuals and user guides at ManualOwl.com

Unit 8 investigates possible dishwasher fire
He called Whirlpool, but said the customer service person denied ever hearing about fires with Whirlpool dishwashers. “They're denying in public there is any problem with these dishwashers,” said Vale. Unit 8 contacted Whirlpool and the company ...
Five Things You Need to Know Today, Thursday, September 6
Come see “In the Gift of an Organe” and “The Delicate Art of customer service” from 7 to 9 p.m. Admission is $25, $15 for seniors and students. 3. Sweet Celebrates Fashion Night Out: Swing by Sweet for their Fashion Night for their signature style ...
Kenmore 'Elite' Means 'Only Eight Months Until Rust Spots Show Up'
Then comes the customer service nightmare. We have spoken to at least 12 reps from SEARS about the appliances and the first response is that they are not responsible for the rust because they do not know the conditions of the place where it is in ...