Kenmore Customer Service

Kenmore customer service is ranked #500 out of the 706 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 28.25 out of a possible 200 based upon 123 ratings. This score rates Kenmore customer service and customer support as Terrible.

Terrible Overall Customer Service Rating
  • Viewing Kenmore customer service complaints
  • We replaced a 28 year old Kenmore washer & dryer with a new Kenmore set almost 3 years ago. The washer started acting up - it wouldn't complete the cycle or spin the clothes dry. The repsirman said its the transmission gone out & it will cost $400 to replace. We are paying this riduculous amount to repair the piece of junk this time. This rep as ir only comes with a 90 day guarantee! Unbelievable!!! I CAN GUARANTEE SEARS THAT WE WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANY MORE OF THEIR SHODDY APPLIANCES - EVER!!! I WOULD START USING A WASH BOARD FIRST. I would strongly recommend that everyone start buying another brand of appliance. Let Sears go ahead & go the way of the dinosaur. We would all be better off.

infuriated 4/10/14 8:14AM

Infuriated,
    We thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We certainly can see why you are so frustrated and upset over what has occurred with your washer. We would be happy to connect you with one of our dedicated case managers to contact you and address repair concerns. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (infuriated), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Sears Cares 4/16/14 1:35PM

• I purchased a Kenmore washer and dryer set 6 years ago 3 years ago the warranty run out and I've had nothing but problemsI have had to replace be heating element in the dryer twice in the water pump in the washing machine once and the water inlet just went out in my washing machine in my dryer beeps all the time you can't run it on normal on high no longer on towels they are junk

mad in Kansas 4/2/14 7:37PM
  • Good morning Representative:

I have an idea that I believe will allow your appliance line to move higher on the list of sellers.

Respectfully,

Christine Hofmeyer

Anonymous 3/30/14 7:53AM
  • Kenmore Elite Dishwasher A BIG, Expensive piece of junk!!

Purchased from Sears 17 months ago. Pricy for a dishwasher, Sears sales rep hyped it up. Circuit board now needs replaced? Hardly been used. Repair/replacement as much as the machine. What an absolute joke. Sears customer care ridiculous and not helpful. How can Kenmore live with the shoddy workmanship they are hocking? An absolute disappointment. Was a loyal Sears and Kenmore owner, NEVER again!! Kenmore and Sears have lost my business, as well as my entire family. Shame on you Kenmore and Sears.

denverpa 3/29/14 1:26PM

Denverpa,
    My name is Liz and I am with the Sears Cares escalations team. We are terribly sorry for the troubles you have been experiencing with your dishwasher. From your post we can see that we certainly have let you down and would like to offer some assistance. We would like the opportunity to speak with you to ensure the problems with your dishwasher are addressed and hopefully restore your faith in Sears. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name that you have been assigned to reference your post (denverpa), to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you.

Sears Cares 4/4/14 12:00PM

• This microwave is only out of warranty a shot time and quits! Timer works. Light works. None of the buttons work except except the QuickStart and then only if you stand there and hold down the door opener of all things! It heats if you do that but no other way!
    Any suggestions! .?
    L

.? What is this? 3/25/14 11:21AM
  • I bought a kenmore microwave one and one half years ago an d the thing has quit already! The only way it will heat is to hold the door opener down!!!
    The timer works, light comes on, quick start will work if Dorris opener is held on! turntable won't turn or any of the other buttons won't work!
    What is wrong with this very inferior piece of workmanship??!
    SeArs won't do anything. Repair wants $100 to inspect it! That is with me bringing it to repair shop! I can buy a microwave for that!
    Can you all do anything! We are on fixed income!?
    Mrs. Claude E Crawford

Anonymous 3/25/14 10:41AM

Mrs. Claude E Crawford,
    We thank for taking the time to let us know about this situation regarding your microwave. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We can truly understand how important it is to have your microwave working properly. Also, we can see your source of frustrations with the added cost of repair. We would be happy to connect you with one of our dedicated case managers to assist you and address your concerns. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anonymous032514), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Sears Cares 4/4/14 11:47AM

• I promise that I will never purchase another Kenmore product and I'll make sure everyone I know hears about the junk they sell. I purchased a French door refrigerator 1.5 years ago but did not purchase an extended warranty. I expected the quality to be better. The ice maker quit working so I called A & E Service. The service guy told me the a sensor on the bottom of the ice tray wasn't working and the sensor could not be replaced and proceeded to say the entire ice maker had to be replaced. He also said this is a known problem with these ice makers. Explain to me how Sears can sell a product with known issues. The ice maker and service would have cost $373.00 which is highway robbery also. Unbelievable how companies are allowed to sell the public total junk!

FedUp 3/18/14 11:56AM

FedUp,
    My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We are sorry for the troubles you have encountered with your ice maker. We can truly understand your disappointment and see we have fallen short of your repair expectations. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience and address your concerns. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name that I have assigned to reference your post (FedUp31814), to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Sears Cares 3/19/14 12:54PM

• I purchased a Kenmore elite model in aug 2012. in mar 2014 the bearings went out and the cost to repair/replace is $300+ on a $569 washer. i did not buy the extended warranty and Sears, Kenmore and LG and all telling me it is your loss. Kenmore farmed this out to LG and LG says not our problem. Kenmore says i overloaded washer and washed alot of comforters which we did not. They are not standing behind their product and when you try to find Corporate President or executive you cannot even get secretary or associate to voice your concern over faulty American products. to go out in 20 months is either engineering flaw, manufacturer flaw or a lemon. this is first time unit has had trouble to Kenmore says no lemon but unit has failed and cost is prohibitive to repair. Senseless to pay 239.00 for one year warranty which basically covers cost of material.

Kenmore and Sears have let me down and will not stand behind faulty product and i am very disappointed.

jdej 3/15/14 7:33AM

Jdej,
    We thank for taking the time to let us know about this situation. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We can truly apologize for the mishaps that have occurred with your washer. We would be happy to connect you with one of our dedicated case managers to assist you and address this matter. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (jdej), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Sears Cares 3/19/14 1:07PM

• There´s a Kenmore Tech and distribuitor in Chile whom is making a disaster with Kenmore Brand. How can an american company not take care of defending it´s Brand.

The technical Service is SERVICIO TECNICO JLM LIMITADA and their adress is Av. Los Zapadores 0733 Santiago Chile.
    Please help the hundreds of innocent people that think we are buying to a KENMORE oficial distribuitor.

Alfredo Godoy

SCHOLL 3/13/14 7:08AM
  • I brought a Kenmore Elite Bottom Freezer Refrigerator Jan 2013 that cost $2400. The one year warranty ran out 2 Feb 2014. Why would you need to purchase an extended warranty on an item that cost that much money? You would think your would have a good 5 years before something goes wrong. My refrigerator went out February 22, 2014; the compressor went out. I was told that the compressor is still under warranty but I would have to pay the labor. I had not idea that the labor charge would be over $400. Then I was told that they could not come out until Mar 27. I call corporate to let them know how displeased I was with an appointment a month out. I was able to get an appointment for Mar 6 thinking that they would have the compressor with them. No, the part had to be order from overseas and I was given an appointment for Apr 9th. Of course we had to pay the $400 labor charge before the part could be order. How do they expect someone to go 2 months with out a refrigerator; we are not talking about a vacuum cleaner but a item of necessity. Every appliance I have ever brought has been a Kenmore. After this fiasco, I may have second thoughts about Kenmore being my appliance of choice.

Fed up in GA 3/6/14 5:21PM
  • We purchased a Kenmore dishwasher, and additional 1 year service plan from Sears approximately 5 years ago. All told we spent over $900.

This week, a button for one of the wash cycles fell off. I listened as my wife was on the phone with customer service and was transferred to at least 3 different people, each time getting the runaround. Finally she was lectured by one of the operators about how sometimes "things just break. They don't last forever." They told us there was nothing they could do without an extended warranty plan. Then he proceeded to inquire about other Sears products we had in the house and whether we might be interested in purchasing extended warranties for them. They clearly weren't interested in trying to resolve anything without trying to sell us on another warranty Really?

We seem to live in a throwaway society, where long-lasting, solidly built items no longer exist. Spending $900 on a dishwasher only to have a button fall off within 5 years is ridiculous. I go to a gym with treadmills and other equipment, who's buttons are probably pushed hundreds of times a day and they seem to last. We run our dishwasher maybe once a day if we're lucky. A button should not fall off under those conditions.

Add us to the list of people who will never again purchase anything from Kenmore, or Sears for that matter. What a disappointment. It amuses me how people can praise a company like LLBean for giving such extraordinary customer service, when really all they're doing is standing behind their product. Yet it's somehow seen as going above and beyond, because companies like Kenmore/Sears act like this, where you're made to feel defensive and ridiculous for expecting something to be fixed by the manufacturer.

DisappointmentInVA 3/4/14 5:08PM

Hello DisappointmentInVA!
    We thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We certainly can see why you are so frustrated and upset over what has occurred with your dishwasher. We would be happy to connect you with one of our dedicated case managers to contact you and address your concerns. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (DisappointmentInVA), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Sears Cares 3/12/14 5:00PM

Hight 17.83" X 11.18" Width X 19.08" Deep

Delivery At Ohio Columbus

Layla Ibrahim Fahiye

? 3/2/14 12:41AM
  • Calgary, Alberta - Our Kenmore Furnace, only 3 years old broke down a couple of weeks ago - the blower malfunctioned at 11 pm - the temperature outside was -40 Celsius with the wind chill. At home with my two young children, I contacted the first emergency furnace repair person who would come to my house immediately. He discovered the blower malfunctioned, replaced it and alas the furnace was working again, saving me and my young family from a very dangerous situation, subjected to freezing temperatures in our own home. When I contacted Kenmore/Sears Customer Service they told me they could not honor the warranty because a Sears/Kenmore repair person did not fix the furnace... First of all, there is no label on my furnace stating I MUST contact a kenmore technician for repairs in order for a warranty to be valid. I didn't even know this. As a customer who just purchased a $5,000 furnace less than three years ago from Kenmore, wouldn't the company want to do the right thing and honor my warranty given this very situation? Their product broke down, malfunctioned. It shouldn't be this complicated to get a refund on the part that malfunctioned. Bottom line.

Angry customer - furnace warrant 2/20/14 11:47AM
  • I have a kenmore washer less than a year old. I am so extremely displeased I will never ever purchase anything from sears. I will not even shop at sears again. It has been nothing but problems and repairs from a few months after it was purchased. Never again at the price I paid for this washer I will go somewhere else as I now need a new washer. Never again.

Holly 2/16/14 12:17PM

Holly,
    I saw your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We thank you for posting about your washer. We can truly understand your disappointment and see we have fallen short of your repair expectations. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience and address your concerns. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name that I have assigned to reference your post (Holly), to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Sears Cares 2/25/14 12:06PM

• I have a Kenmore elite washer when I purchased it I was told it was the top of the line in washers. As long as you are ready to pay for repair after repair. Then the item that I have paid for in the past is now under a warrantee recall so I have the technician come out to the house to replace for the THIRD TIME a circuit board. After the install I try my machine and it is worse than before I call the technician and he tells me its a FAULTY CIRCUIT BOARD. hmmm Isn't that what I just replaced was my old faulty circuit board for a new one is there such a thing as QUALITY CONTROL ANYMORE PLEASE WAITING ON A REPLY

ts 2/6/14 8:30AM
  • Kenmore / Sears does not stand behind their products, all they give you is the run around. customer service is a joke they all they you the same thing sorry to hear your having problems. all in all SEARS/KENMORE SUCKS

Anonymous 1/31/14 11:15AM
  • I know now buying
    A warranty is worthless. We have been waiting over a month for Sears
    Customer service to send someone to look at our refrigerator. When the first repair man came he moves the plug and hit the side of the refrigerator, gave us his cell phone number to call in two days if it does
    Not cool. Of course it did not cool
    And we are not able to
    Contact him. Once again we had to
    Call
    The helpless customer service
    Again who couldn't help
    Us and all they can do is send someone else out. We waited another two weeks for the person not to show. Once again another call, another wait for two weeks. Have an appointment today for 9am and it is now 11am
    And no one is here. Placed
    Another call and now the repairman is having truck problem.

I have never been so disappointed in a company, product or service in my life.
    Three kids (one an infant) and we have been living out of a cooler for over a month. With the money we have been wasting we should have just went with another company. If only We would have known.
    When anyone calls customer service they just say hi thanks for calling the best advice we can give is just buy a new one.

I think we have been patient long enough. Something has to be done. This is unethical.

Disappointment 1/22/14 9:01AM

Disappointment,
    We thank you for posting about your refrigerator. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We can truly understand your frustrations with what has occurred with your repair. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you and address any concerns you may have. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name that I have assigned to reference your post (Disappointment), to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Liz R

Sears Cares 1/22/14 5:04PM

• Kenmore is correctly sold in K-Mart. Cheap shoddy merchandise. Used to be THE brand to purchase for dependability. My mother currently has (her last Kenmore) washer two years old sitting in the garage needing $600.00 worth of repair.TWO FREAKIN YEARS OLD!Undependable and worthless Kenmore. We will replace with an LG.

Anonymous 1/20/14 9:59AM
  • Hello! this email is in reference pertinent to the purchase of KENMORE Laundry Center, that was purchased on 12-2013. Today's date is 01-12-2014, Sunday. From our understanding there is a 60 day guarantee on this unit. We reported this to your sister company Sears, and they are refusing to return it. It has to be repaired, that is not true. I have been a corporated president of our business for 47 years, and I have never been so appaulled in my life. It is like my business putting a floor in your residence and the product is not what u purchased. I am requesting that the President or a CEO, contact us and we can take care of the issue at hand professionally or we can retain a corporate attorney at law and litigate on punitive damages for breech of contract. This is unacceptable, when dealing with a consumer. The laws are here for the consumers. Thank u, for your time.
    Sincerely,
    J & L Foley, President &Vice President
    FOLEY'S Flooring

foley's flooring 1/12/14 2:32PM

Dear J & L Foley,
    We appreciate you posting about this matter. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We can truly understand your disappointment with what has occurred with your laundry center. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience and address your concerns. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name that I have assigned to reference your post (foley’s flooring), to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Liz R

Sears Cares 1/22/14 4:48PM

• We own Kenmore pots and pans which are about 4 years old. We my wife was cooking the lid exploded into splinters which got into the food being prepared. We had to throw it out. That was not the main issue, my wife was lucky not hurt. When I contacted the customer service about this safety issue they told me there was nothing they could do. That leads me to you, we would love to have a new glass top that wasn't going to explode for our 2qt pan to allow my wife to use it again. Look forward to hearing from you, Michael Gage

michael gage 1/11/14 1:47PM
  • Paid 1,000 for a Kenmore elite gas dryer 2-2.5 years ago and where the steel drum is seamed together it literally tore a 4" chunk of steel out of the front of the drum where it rides on the rollers. I called sears cs useless so I called 1888kenmore what an absolute waste of time.... They basically told me parts wear out yes I understand a bearing, motor or switch come on the is a f***ing steel drum. I even had the Kenmore rep. tell me that one of the many fabrics we dry with it probably got stuck in the front of the drum and tore the steel. FML are you serious how stupid do these companies think we are I'm not your average Joe when something breaks in my house or my garage I fix it myself I know how things work. From now on they should just bluntly say your an idiot and hang up on you! What ever happened to PRIDE, QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP and RESPECT? I'll tell you it went out the window with all the greedy CEO's that are to busy buying Bentley's and Lamborghini's instead of keeping made in America with pride hell no we'll out source out of the country and get it done ten times cheaper and sell for the same price or more. This my friends is why nothing lasts anymore cause we get what they pay for CHEAP

Pennsylvania 1/8/14 9:04AM
  • I purchased a Kenmore dishwasher in April of 2011. A month later we called for repair because we noticed water was leaking in the basement. The tech re-glued the existing rubber gasket on the inside of the door and left telling us there were no other problems with the product. We continued to have water leaking and I chalked it up to a plumbing issue so I called a plumber several times, took down drywall to view the pipes in the basement and no one could ever see where the water was coming from. The leak has turned into water pouring from the ceiling and my husband and I pulled the dishwasher out and found a large hole in the plastic tub, which is I'm sure the problem from the start. We called a repair tech who tried to call me before he got to my house to tell me that it was going to be very expensive to fix and instead of me spending 75.00 on the service call maybe I should just get a new dishwasher but I did not get his call in time. So I wasted 75.00 for him to come in not even pull the washer out to view the hole and tell me it was going to be 469.00 to replace my dishwasher and it was not worth it to fix it. He gave me a coupon and left. I called there service solutions department and told them I expected more than two years out of my appliance when I spend my hard earned money and that I have thousands of dollars worth of there appliances in my home and expected more from there company than oh well we can't help you. I was told after we continued to have water leaking problems I should have called back and it was my fault we were out of the warranty period because I did not persist! Why would I call sears when I thought the plumbing in the home I just bought and was still getting to know had a problem! I am so disappointed that sears wont recognize they sold me a faulty product that in my opinion if its melting the insides of the tub is dangerous and no one cares and no one will help me!

poohbaah 1/6/14 8:42PM
  • I have made 5 telephone calls and took my sewing machine into the store (12 mile trip) attempting to find out how to get my sewing machine fixed using the, stated in the book, 10 year limited warranty. They toldI me they needed 45 dollars before they would touch the machine. I was to call "Kenmore". What a round of ----. And on and on and on, So far, The only thing I guess is to pay them 45 dollars and see what other crock of -- I get I have had a machine for over 50 years. Never did I have such a runaround about warrantys etc.

Anonymous 12/27/13 1:04PM
  • The Kenmore product line and customer service is appalling. Customer service is rude, helpless and lackluster at their job. I am so sorry I purchesed a Kenmore Dryer.

Dissapointed 12/19/13 5:10PM
  • Top Loading washer Model 2002. I purchased this machine in Jan 2011 at Sears in Joplin, MO. This has undoubtedly been the largest waste of money I have ever spent. It has broken down from the beginning and has been down more that running. Right now is setting in my garage awaiting a repairman's attention. I am 73 years old and this machine has to take the price for the biggest lemon at the washer factory! I HATE IT -- MY WIFE HATES IT --MY DAUGHTER HATES IT!

rdbrown 12/17/13 11:13PM
  • i bought a kenmore fridge 4 years ago its great..... went to sears kingston the most helpful store ive ever been to!!!!!

Anonymous 1/6/13 1:12PM
  • My wife has purchased kenmore elite kitchen and laundry within the last 18 months. We are very satisfied with our appliances. 15 years ago we bought a glass top stove, had 3 service calls within 6 mo. Sears replaced for customer satisfaction. Robert/ Linda Standard

bobstd 4/8/12 4:08PM
  • 1. Kenmore Fridge fill kitchen with smoke and stopped working. Called Sears Customer Service and was told that the soonest they could respond was two weeks, period. Called East Coast Appliances (ECA)in Virginia Beach VA and asked how soon a repair person could come and look at my fridge. Operator for ECA asked me what was going on. I told her. She recommended I call KENMORE customer service and gave me the 800 number . I called it. They were VERY sorry that I had a problem with one of there products. As it was 5 PM by this time they said that they would have a repair person there first thing in the morning. 8AM the next morning a service person arrived, repaired the problem to my satisfaction and gave us a $250.00 check to cover food spoilage and whatever. Ther were several follow ups (both letters and phone calls). Fridge is still working months later. My rating for Kenmore is better than excellent. Sorry I don't have the Kenmore customer service number handy or I'd post it.

Beginner 12/28/11 10:15PM
  • My Kenmore dishwaser is an excellent product. Customer service, installation was first rate and second to none. I would buy another of their products.

Anonymous 3/18/11 7:56AM

Check out these popular comparisons of Kenmore customer service versus other companies:
Kenmore vs. Bosch
Kenmore vs. Oreck
Kenmore vs. Samsung
Kenmore vs. Weber
Kenmore vs. Whirlpool
Authorized representatives of Kenmore can sign up to reply to any of the comments found on this page.

800-349-4358
Kenmore customer service phone number including steps to reach representatives, hours of operation, customer support links and more from ContactHelp.com.

Complete Kenmore customer service phone numbers and contact information at ContactHelp.com

Locate the Kenmore corporate office headquarters phone number, address and more at CorporateOfficeOwl.com.

Kenmore corporate office headquarters information at CorproateOfficeOwl.com

Get immediate support for your Kenmore questions from HelpOwl.com.

Receive immediate support for Kenmore at HelpOwl.com

View thousands of Kenmore user reviews and customer ratings available at ReviewOwl.com.

Kenmore reviews and ratings at ReviewOwl.com

Kenmore Manuals
Find free Kenmore manuals and user guides available at ManualOwl.com.

Free Kenmore manuals and user guides at ManualOwl.com

Boston Technologies and Kenmore Design announce strategic partnership to ...
... network (NY, London, Tokyo, Hong Kong), selection of trading front-ends, flexible setup options, custom-tailored Liquidity and competitive trading conditions via its liquidity partner- Boston Prime Ltd., and personalized customer service in ...
Boston RMV Branches Could Close Under New Proposal
Barnstable, Braintree, Lowell, Leominster, New Bedford, Burlington, Framingham, Springfield, Raynham, Haverhill, Worcester and Pittsfield. The consolidation, conceptual at this point, is designed to increase efficiency and improve customer service ...
LG and Sears Kenmore brand Gas Dryer Recall announced for Repair
LG dryer owners who did not purchase it from Sears should contact LG customer service to get the gas valve replaced at no cost. Owners who purchased either the LG or Kenmore branded dryers from Sears should contact Sears' customer service to make an ...