Lufthansa Customer Service

Lufthansa customer service is ranked #262 out of the 709 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 40.60 out of a possible 200 based upon 80 ratings. This score rates Lufthansa customer service and customer support as Disappointing.

• Viewing Lufthansa customer service complaints
  • Hola
    El día 5 viajé a Praga haciendo escala en Munich.No llegó la maleta.Me dieron este nº de Referencia prglh49770/ 05feb14/1202gmt a nombre de Alberto Gómez-Comino Bañuelos.Me la trajeron al día siguiente.A parte de las molestias ocasionadas,me estropearon la maleta que estaba en perfectas condiciones porque era nueva.Rota la cremallera,rozada por todas partes,y llena de arañazos.Me dicen que la lleve a una dirección y me la arreglan.Peeo esto no tiene arreglo .

Anonymous 2/15/14 10:20AM
  • Lufthansa German air lines is not worth travelling.we were to travel from Atlanta to Bombay via Frankfurt to Bombay on 23rd November 2013 but due to technical snag flight was called off.Note we are senior citizen.they put us on next day flight from Charlotte to Munich and from Munich to Bombay.Since there was delay in charllotte flight we were once again transfered to flight which would take us to Philadelphia and from Philadelphia to Munich and from Munich to Bombay.Note during leg flight from Atlanta to Philadelphia we did not get Asian Vegetarian food.We have to forego since there was no veg on board.We have to fill our belly with bread and soft drinks only.36 hours of flight for senior citizen and for first leg of journey no Asian veg food.Now that we are asking for compensation Bombay office is giving vague /lollipop reply by issuing us 5000 miles award points is it justifiable?

Mahendra 2/5/14 9:38PM
  • I Am Anne Moran A Oap Dob 09/11/43 I Travelled Last Evening From Frankfurt To Lhr On A Flight At 21.30

Not The One I Should Have Been On For Some Unknown Reason I Miss The Eairer Flight At 20.05 To

The Only Reason I Can Give Is That I Was Visiting My Daughter In Frankfurt And Her Little Girl ( My Granddaughter ) Had A Eye

Operation A Few Days Before My Mind Was Not In A Good Place

I Take Full Responsiblity Howerer, I Would Appreciate If You Could Look Into This For Me And See If You Could Refund Me Some Of The Money Maybe The Air Tax On The 20.05 Flight As There Were Some Free Seat Where I Was Seated (25e 25 B )

I Did Pay 257.49 E For The Return Flight And That Is A Lot Of Money For A Oap

As I Said It Was My Own Fault

I Will Be Flying Again In April With Luf And Will Continue To Do So As My Some Of My Family Live There

Anonymous 1/25/14 11:59AM
  • Still waiting for reply

Complaint form filled in got automated reply

harryvz2 9/20/13 9:41AM
  • I lost 5 bags with all my belongings - not one single bag is found and the customer services in Canada are doing nothing or could not be bothered- is there a contact at a higher level in the HO- does anyone have it.

thanks

beirut to Canada 8/22/13 7:33PM
  • The worst airline in the industry and they wonder why they are losing market share. Case in point. I booked a flight from the US to UK in early April (flight is in November), paying in full for the flight. By August 10th Lufthansa had made 5 changes to my schedule, each adding time to the trip. I am to receive a total refund because of unacceptable connections but was told it would be 6-8 weeks to receive the refund. Beware!!!

Very unhappy traveler 8/19/13 12:25PM
  • I need some assistance. We arrived in PHL flight from Naples Italy LH337 to FRA Germany flight LH426 to PHI on 21 July 2013. One piece of our luggage did not arrive. We completed a property irregularity Report #PHLLH 26336 with Agent Genevieve K. at PHI. We received a call that our bag was found and it would be delivered on 24July. Today is 26 July and we still have not received our luggage. When I call the Lufthansa phone 215-937-9732 I just get a message that I will be called back, but I do not get a call back and am becoming very frustrated with the lack of customer service. We would appreciate it if someone would let us know the status of our property.

Thanks you, Thomas Rennie

ellen rennie 7/26/13 5:00PM
  • Dear Airline
    I Just Wanted To Let You Know About The Worse Expiriance That We Had At The Airport.your Agents Were Very Unfriendly.
    We Have Both Tkts Back I April And Had Aour Seats Asigned At The Time Of Ticket Purchase . When We Arived To Check In One Agent Told Us That We Are On A Stand By Basis And That We Do Not Have Seats . They Have Asigned One Saet Which Was Not The Same I Had. The Other 2 Seats They Said That They Could Not Asigned. When We Showed Thet The E-tkts With Seat Numbers They Would Not Eve Look At Those. Rudly They Send Us To The Gate. At The Gate We Were Told That It Is Not True That We Do Not Have Seats Asigned And That They Would Print Boarding Passes When The Boarding Starts.all This Time We Were Not Sure If We Are Getting On The Plain Or Not.
    I Aproched Another Agent Just Tyo Ask What Is Going On . Rudly He Answerd That We Do Have Seats Asigned But The Problem Is We Did Not Reconfirm Them.and I Remember When We Called To Reconfirm We Were Told There Is No Need To Reconfirm . I Wissh You People Would Put Your Act Together And When You Are Lyiong To Your Passengers At List All Of You Should Tell The Same Story.
    This Is Just Not Write To Treat Passengers Like This.we Are Paying Your Salery And We Expect To Be Trated Like Human Being.
    Plse Send Explanation What Happend Today At The Airport.
    Our Pnr Numbers Are
    Surjancev/katarina 4ne9k8
    Pavlovic/ Gojko 4m8xrx
    Pavlovic/olga 4nfgf8

Thank You.

BILJANA 6/10/13 4:41PM
  • My flight from Frankfort to Budapest 2/22/13 could not have been better: great food & attendants, comfy, pretty interior, far superior to any other airline. On arrival in
    Frankfort, Lufthansa was striking, causing a missed flight to Budapest & a day of prepaid entertainment plus a miserable nightmare night in Frankfort with expensive, dirty accommodations. My thinking is that Lufthansa would want to make restitution for the $384 the strike cost me, an 80-year-old on her once in-a-lifetime trip to paternal grandparents' European stomping grounds. Thank you. Jean

Anonymous 5/31/13 2:33PM
  • The most horrible experience ever ! I changed a flight booking and the agent changed it for a wrong date ! I paid $335 in fees. When I saw the mistake and called back. Lufthansa not only did not apologize but they charged me another $69 to change to the original date I wanted. I would never recommed Lufthansa to anybody! If you ever use Lufthansa make sure you check what the agents are doing. They have hard times listening to the customer. At the end customers service will tell you: 'We are all humans. We make misatkes' and will charge you for THEIR mistake !!! Good luck with Lufthansa.

Irena 5/28/13 7:22AM
  • I had to re-book my travel plan as my spouse suffered a debilitating medical condition. Now they want to charge me over 50% for re-booking my journey. A cancellation implies that I will loose over 50% of the original fare. for which Ibough the ticket.
    We cannot select travel dates based on the lowest web site prices, as they have a secret slam-the-customer-pricing-site, not visible to anyone but the agent!

Only corp. in the civilised world who have no sympathy for sickly or disabled.

got-ripped-off-by-lufthansa 5/9/13 5:04PM
  • I booked a Business Class ticket from Frankfurt to Denver in 12/2012. The airport was snowed in so my flight was cancelled until the next day. The Lufthansa Business lounge booked me on United the next day. I was in economy - middle seat.
    I requested a refund of the fare difference and sent in the requested documents and never heard back from Lufthansa at all - let alone my refund. My travel agent keeps getting the brush off. I am now going to complain on every travel website I can find

CarolynO 4/26/13 6:04AM
  • I am an Engineer.
    I visited your office at Hotel Presidential Port Harcourt for the first time this week.
    The attitude of your personnel was far from friendly.
    They all had very cold faces; very unfriendly! especially the Lady you pay cash to. Despite the fact that i am a lady as well.
    They behaved like you were not wanted.
    Kindly retrain them to understand that they are dealing with the public and their attitude tells a lot about the airline: they are the LUFTHANSA we are seeing!

Anonymous 4/24/13 6:00AM
  • The lost the luggage. I have been oin the phone for FIVE HOURS. They simply will not pick up.

If you have not received a file reference number, you may contact the North American Baggage Call Center at 1-877-234-3449 or the Baggage Tracing office at the airport you arrived in.

Update: As I am typing this they picked up. They can not file a claim directly. She is "forwarding information to airport".

In short these people SUCK SUCK SUCK.

Never ever ever fly Lufthansa

pissedoffcalif 1/21/13 12:39PM
  • I checked in my luggage at O'Hare airport on December 1, 2012 for a three week transatlantic cruise leaving out of Malaga, Spain. I did not see my luggage again until today January 20, 2013.

I filed all the paperwork with the airline for the return of my luggage. When I called them today to ask about compensation for the clothing I needed to buy while on the cruise I was told that I need to now write to another address in order to get any compensation. Why wasn't I told that seven weeks ago? There is no phone number to call to talk with anyone nor to complain to for the run around.

While I am pleased that my luggage has been found and returned..it was left outside my home over the weekend while I was out of state in freezing temperatures.

cheesehead 1/20/13 2:45PM
  • I am an Italian American woman 69 years old.
    I was goingb to NY to see my family: in Frankfurt at the airport I was abused verbally and taken with force out of the planw by the plane cruise and two police men...
    all this because I was upset beacuse a very bad lufthansa emploee wanted to make me check in my carry on item, with the excuse that it was to heavy: he never had the chance to weight the item, nor he wanted to do so.....(the item have been accepted by Luftansa prior to my arrival in Frankfurt)
    So I was forbidden to travel as a dangerous person, and I had to stay overnight in Frankfurt and book another fly next day.

All this is unacceptable....and I will sue Liufthansa for abuse, taking advantage of an old woman, insults, and more. You are criminal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

upset 1/5/13 11:26AM
  • I flew from Singapore to Frankfurt on the 18th of December, and had then to catch a flight to Brussels (LH1006, leaving on the 19th of December).

Once Frankfurt reached, I had the bad surprise to be informed that my transfer flight had been canceled. The problems were however only still to start - the extra time granted with the rescheduling of my flight had not been enough to assure such a basic service as transfer the luggage, which was reported lost in Brussels.

Since then, I am desperately trying to get my luggage (which has been found and is back to Brussels airport) back: no phone call from the Lufhtansa customer services, no reply to my email and no reply to my phone calls.

I unfortunately already had a lost baggage problem with KLM in July 2012, which, at the difference of Lufthansa, handled it in a very fair and efficient manner - all the contrary from Lufhtansa. I am speechless by the poor quality of its customer services.

Virginie 12/21/12 12:14AM
  • Executive Board of customer servise
    Dear Sir
    I am university professor. one of the majors that I teach is marketing.
    Couple times I have visited your Tehran office.
    There are so many complains about the personels of sales.
    1- tey are too old. The average age is 55.
    2- They look like military personel.
    3- They treat the customers too strict, with stricly speaking.
    4- They have sad faces with no smile.
    5- Waiting time is very long for buying tickets at least 45 m.
    6- Their behavior is completly different from the reputation of Lufthansa offices in other places in the world. I just mentioned some.
    Faithfully yours
    Dr. Mehdi Nematollahi Rad

Anonymous 12/16/12 10:45PM
  • I tried the customer service listed #

1 800 399 5838 , but said it can not be connected now.

How do I get in touch with you now?

Anonymous 11/30/12 3:20PM
  • Impossible even to get in touch with them!!
    They give you business card with email to contact, but that email is not working...Shocking!!!

Filip 11/28/12 8:56PM
  • Left an ipad in my seat on landing on a Lufthansa flight in Frankfurt. Reported it within 10 minutes of leaving plane. It has been a week and I have still not heard anything, despite emailing, faxing and phoning everyone I can find. Lufthansa customer service should be ashamed of itself.

Anonymous 11/20/12 2:53PM
  • I flew from San Francisco to Delhi on 10/23/12 in Business Class. I left my new camera behind in the storage space between the seats. Two hours later, when I discovered it, I went to the Lufthansa Service Desk at Munich Airport to ask them to contact lost and found. They tried for ten minutes without luck, saying the number's always busy. I verified this for myself. It's a contract service that apparently isn't very responsive.

I have called for three weeks and have been told nothing was found. How can an airline allow thieves into a secure area and take no responsibility? It's outrageous. The staff is known, the plane is known, and the date and time is known.

Now at Frankfurt Airport, I asked the Service Desk for the contact info for the Munich Airport police. She said no. I asked what company was responsible for cleaning Lufthansa planes at Munich and she said essentially "It's not knowable." What a crock!

Beware of a company that is this unresponsive and irresponsible about crime committed by its staff or contract staff in a secured area on its aircraft.

Anonymous 11/15/12 1:19AM
  • I am Alexis Marin I flew with Lufthansa last Saturday Nov 10 from Caracas and I received my luggage destroyed. I could not claim because I arrived to late. My luggage was complety new( first flight) and it was my mother gift. So I am feeling very angry and sad at the same time.

Another different point is that in 2009 when I was working in Ruwais I made my inscription to the milles plan and so far I havent received the card from Lufthansa. Now I am in Saudi and I dont have card to use in my travels.

my mobile is

PLEASE WAHT CAN I DO

Marin Pereira Alexis 11/12/12 11:56AM
  • I have flight with Lufthansa from Copenhagen via Frankfurth to Zagreb terible experience.
    Coming from Copenhagen to Frankfurth was ok but than problem with tickets and very rude lady. Finaly in Zagreb there is no suitcase of over 30 people from the flight and no answers ofcours. Afther 4 days i get my suitcase broken and missing content Lufthansa told me that i need to sent theam receipts for all things that is missing. The staff that was stolen was thing for private use not new one (ps. I have some D&G undies and thay even stole that ) terrible terrible if you wont traumatic experienc go with Lufthansa

Anonymous 10/28/12 11:50AM
  • Their website was advertising a flight special, I clicked on the special and even though it says the cost of the flight was incl of taxes etc, the flights were in fact no where NEAR to what the special was advertising. I entered in 9 sets of dates and then gave up. I called customer service to find out if I was doing something wrong and they were very unhelpful and told me to just keep searching for dates and would not give me the dates that were relevant to the special. Their attitude was very crappy, unhelpful and now I feel I was lied to by them as they could not give me a straight answer.

Dom 10/22/12 7:02AM
  • I was very impressed with the service provided by Ms V.Singh on flight LH758 to Chennai on Dec 23 2013. Her service was delivered with a smile and was sincere and genuine. I commend you for employing a person like her.

Sai 12/23/13 10:17PM
  • I wanted to extend my greatest appreciation to the Gate crew on Z23 in Frankfurt on 27 August 2013 flight to Newark. I was connecting from another airline and my checked back had been improperly tagged. I apologize I did not request the name of the helpful woman who gave me my boarding pass. (2-toned eye shadow, long brown hair) She set her ci-workers on the hunt for my bag, and it arrived with me in the States!
    Please accept my many thanks, I was coming out of Afghanistan and had been traveling over 36 hrs by that time. To know someone cared that much to look after me is truly a great credit to your company.
    I live your company and experiences like that will lead me to continue to!

dsiedsch 9/3/13 1:32PM
  • I see a lot of complaints. Here is a different story: some time in mid-2012, I forgot my iPod on the plane. Since I know from previous experiences that it is difficult to trace small lost items, I didn't bother to pursue it. About four weeks ago, I get an e-mail from someone at Lufthansa that they had found an iPod with my e-mail address. A week or so later, FedEx dropped off my iPod with the earphones.

That is why I will always prefer to fly Lufthansa from Boston to Europe.

Ulrich F.W. Ernst, Ph.D.

Buzzbay 4/22/13 2:58AM
  • On 21 September I flew from Pristina and was faced with a strike that meant I would not make my planned connection to London. Your staff at the Frankfurt office and in particular Bulent Somak and M/s Yuko Yabe were nothing short of excellent in finding an alternative and provide a level of customer care I have rarely experienced. Please pass on my specfic thanks to them.

bob0905@hotmail.com 10/10/12 10:59AM
  • I just returned to Colorado from a 9 day visit to Germany. When I made my reservations in July I requested low-salt meals. (I flew Economy)

All of the meals served to me were delicious, well seasoned (without salt!) and pleasing to the eye. Lufthansa earns 5 stars out of 5 for the excellent meals served to me.

Thank you.

Anonymous 9/28/12 8:05AM
  • REFERENCE: Confirmation LHS2HQ

I just returned from the Czech Republic. I would like to tell you how impressed I was with the personal assistance I received from Lufthansa. I had a wheelchair waiting for me every step of the way! I would not have been able to make this trip without your assistance. Furthermore, the meals served were excellent, hot,and very tasty. Red wine was complimentary. To top it off, brandy was served after the meal.
    I have travelled a lot in my lifetime, but I have never been served like I was on my last trip to Europe. I am 86 years old. I dont know how much more travelling by plane I will do. However, If I do make another trip to Europe, I most certainly will choose Lufthansa. Thank you again and again.

Sincerely, Frank Chudoba

Anonymous 6/28/12 9:16AM
  • I called to reserve seats on my flight and the customer service agent was very polite and helpful (and there was no wait after I pressed 0 to speak with her!).

Anonymous 5/17/12 10:21AM
  • travelled from tel aviv to manchester with a connecting flight from Frankfurt, staff were very helpful and polite plane was on time.
    simply put the best airline ive ever travelled with i shall only use lufthansa from now on.

Anonymous 7/29/11 1:53PM
  • When i missed my connecting flight due to weather conditions, i was given a phone to reach my family back home. i was checked into a very nice hotel, given three meal vouchers, had dinner at the hotel as well as breakfast all these at their expense.

Anonymous 4/8/11 7:46PM
  • I wanted to get my United Air Miles Plus number entered and Lufthansa Customer Service was very helpful and curteous.

Bill

Anonymous 3/8/11 11:11PM
  • I escaped out of Tripoli on 23-Feb-2011.
    Lufthansa brought in a jumbo 747....their usual plane into Tripoli is an A319. They remained on the tarmac till the last possible
    moment.
    After arriving in Frankfurt they booked us in the Sheraton hotel at their expense. In a difficult situation....you went that extra mile.

Thanks so much
    Peter Kostelnyk

Anonymous 2/26/11 10:39AM
  • I traveled from Rome to Boston recently, the service was amazing, we lost the connection to our flight to Boston in Frankfurt, however, the Lufthansa staff was very helpful with a positive atitud willing to help customers. They paid for the hotel, dinner and breakfast, all the service at Lufthansa was great. I recommend this airline 100%.

Anonymous 7/12/10 11:06AM

Check out these popular comparisons of Lufthansa customer service versus other companies:
Lufthansa vs. Air Canada
Lufthansa vs. Southwest Airlines
Lufthansa vs. United Airlines
Lufthansa vs. US Airways
Lufthansa vs. Virgin Atlantic
Authorized representatives of Lufthansa can sign up to reply to any of the comments found on this page.

800-399-5838
Lufthansa customer service phone number including steps to reach representatives, hours of operation, customer support links and more from ContactHelp.com.

Complete Lufthansa customer service phone numbers and contact information at ContactHelp.com

Locate the Lufthansa corporate office headquarters phone number, address and more at CorporateOfficeOwl.com.

Lufthansa corporate office headquarters information at CorproateOfficeOwl.com

Get immediate support for your Lufthansa questions from HelpOwl.com.

Receive immediate support for Lufthansa at HelpOwl.com

View thousands of Lufthansa user reviews and customer ratings available at ReviewOwl.com.

Lufthansa reviews and ratings at ReviewOwl.com

Mozilla Firefox alatt kezdőlapnak
Mivel a call center vonalai túlterheltek, az átfoglalásokat és a törléseket az eredeti indulási dátum után is, még április 11-ig el lehet végezni” – közölte a Germanwings. Vereinigung Cockpit (VC) szakszervezet azért hirdetett sztrájkot, mert ...
Lufthansa poderá ter perdido entre 35 e 75 milhões com a greve - Jornal de Negócios
“Nós tentámos reduzir o impacto da greve o máximo que pudemos, houve um grande volume de telefonemas no nosso call center e não conseguimos evitar os tempos de espera muito elevados”, referiu o responsável. Para o administrador operacional da ...
Lufthansa boss hopes for quick deal with pilots
BERLIN (AP) — Lufthansa's chief executive says he hopes for a quick resolution to a dispute over wages and retirement ages as the airline's pilots strike for a second day. The company has said it expects to cancel about 3,800 flights as a result of ...