MSI Customer Service

MSI customer service is ranked #420 out of the 707 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 31.29 out of a possible 200 based upon 77 ratings. This score rates MSI customer service and customer support as Disappointing.

• Viewing MSI customer service complaints
  • I bought a GS70 and needed to contact MSI about it, after 3 tries calling into support I get someone on the phone. He tells me he dose not know anything about my issue and that I should just look online. When I ask for his manager he tells me he is at lunch. I call back 2 hrs later, get told the SAME THING when I ask for his manager and then he hangs up on me...I have a 2.4k laptop sitting here and I can't get them to even talk to me. What a joke. Taking this laptop back...

MADMISOWNER1 1/8/14 1:52PM
  • MSI in Australia are by far the worst company I have delft with, I have a fault motherboard, a so called top of the line (MPOWER Z77) the simple fact that I needed to get the ACCC involved says a lot, for over a month they didnít reply to emails, and when I called they would simply say, call back in a week to see what we can do.
    They have admitted the board is fault and a new one needs to be provided, but that could take up to 3 months.
    The support and warranty phone number was unmanned for days, so it was just luck that you would be able to speak to someone.
    I would strongly recommend staying well clear of any MSI products, as the more I look into this issue, the more I come across people with the same problems, the service and respect that you would expect just isnít something MSI pride themselves on.
    Out and out deplorable Ö

tribe81 12/4/13 3:56PM
  • I bought a MSI computer knowing they are not a high quality product. However, I did not realize how bad they actually are. I just gave it to my 6 year old son and bought an Apple. Talk about going from the bottom of the industry to the top.

tazdvl 11/9/13 8:37PM
  • Their support is absolutely unreachable

JL 11/6/13 12:12AM
  • just got my new gs70 laptop few days the hinges broke and the keyboard was mushy and overall i felt unsatisfied.

calling MSI is painful, they don't speak english properly and don't care beyond the point of purchasing their product.

TRUST ME ON THIS. There is no good review about their support. Any good review about their customer service is done by them. AVOID them at all cost.

Jack 9/24/13 3:35AM
  • Bought 2 of their video cards with 10$ off rebates. Rebate form clearly stated limit 4 per household. MSI only approved one of them and denied the other for reason of missing documents. Both rebates were sent together at the same time. Reprinted and sent missing documents but never heard from them again. E-mail response times were slow (>1week).

roudrani 9/20/13 7:50PM
  • I bought a laptop from them the had a defective battery. I made a comment or their forums and got a response that basically said they shouldn't have to support the batteries that ship with their laptops.

After I pointed out their bs from a MSI forum moderator poster, they closed the thread. Of course, the next day a post appeared on the thread on my situation. It pissed me off that MSI manipulated their forum posts in this way.

Anonymous 9/20/13 6:21PM
  • My 18 month old MSI GT683DX laptop's touch pad stopped functioning within eight months of purchasing it. Attempted to RMA the issue but gave up after I realized it would be less of a headache to simply disable it and by a wireless mouse. Recently, it started emitting a burning odor from the DC jack area. After shutting it off and turning it back on, the battery no longer charged from the DC jack. I dissembled the laptop and replaced the DC jack but found out that further motherboard damage had been caused when the DC jack contact initially failed. I was unable to find a replacement motherboard(the warranty obviously being voided after I had repaired the DC jack) so I contacted MSI directly and was able to find someone that could get me replacement parts. After paying $290 and waiting two weeks, I was then informed that they didn't have the part in stock, nor would it be in stock again! So, due to them not even having the parts TO THEIR OWN PRODUCTS, I am now the proud owner of a $1500 paper weight! Thanks MSI!

kungfoodude 7/9/13 5:47PM
  • Same here. According to MSI Customer Service, they can not accept 2 Year Worldwide Warranty, because the item is purchased overseas. They say I quote:"Cannot be covered by warranty as must have been informed earlier.". I bought this two weeks ago. They must be kidding.

Anonymous 6/18/13 12:46AM
  • I will never buy an MSI laptop again as it has been the worst I have ever owned after all the money I paid for it. First I had to send it back before I had it for a year and paid for the shipping and was not reimbursed. They fixed it and it worked fine. Then a month after the warranty, the battery no longer worked and we hardly even used it. Then the hinge seized up and cracked the housing. The computer was under 3 years old and the one I had previous to this is still working with no issues.

colleenl 6/16/13 6:29PM
  • Bought the 3870x2 back in 2010 went bad in Dec. 2010 and have been in conflict with RMA department since to get a Equal or Better upgrade for it being a dual GPU and the only one they have made since the 3870x2 is the 6990 and they are telling me no matter what warranty says that i can not get that card. wish i could get some help against these guys. I don't care if they give me my original 580 dollar purchase price back so i can go get a video card else where. Never again will MSI parts be sold or offered from my business.

SholocktheKing 4/14/13 6:09AM
  • I included the invoice with my claim, these guys say they did not receive it.

I clicked on the link they provided to re-submitt and the link does not work.

Just putting roadblocks to not give me the rebate.

Got screwed out of 20.00

alf25487 4/12/13 12:37PM
  • Seriously, the worst customer service you can imagine. As if it wasn't bad enough it takes 5 minutes just to get past the main menu, I was greeted to a representative who not only seemed genuinely upset he was on the phone with me, but also didn't know anything about what I was calling for (A VGA Support Question), it took him 10 minutes to answer my simple question, because he couldn't find it surfing the web, so a deep sigh lead to a stay on hold for me while he went to ask someone else if they knew the answer.

When I finally did get the answer from him, he had only it and nothing else to offer, just a clueless rep working in technical support, but has no knowledge of the hardware for which he is offering said support.

Sad.

fourletterfame 4/10/13 1:47PM
  • i informe every people msi sale computer and not have part for change warranty or not you cannot buy for sample motherboard for windtop AE2220 ,
    i contact every service for MSI for buy montherboard for me wind top; him not have is parts;

i suggere every customer want buy all in one when you computer have problem MSI cannot take care you ; you computer cannot repaire or buy some part

better boycotte msi all in one NOT BUY

khy 4/2/13 1:00AM
  • This company should be subject to a class-action lawsuit. Seriously, their complete lack of quality and their flagrant disregard for their warranties should land them in court. I will NEVER buy anything associated with MSI again. Utterly disgusted.

Never buy MSI 3/27/13 11:32PM
  • My laptop broke. It was out of warranty. Thought MSI would fix it for a reasonable price. They want to charge me $935 to fix a laptop I bought for $600 3 years ago!!!

Half the things they want to replace aren't even broken, but even if the antire laptop was broken $935 is a joke

Anonymous 3/27/13 10:14PM
  • I can tell you that I will not ever buy another MSI product like I did when buying the GT 780R, the laptop started to have problems like BSOD and then found out that the shop I purchased it from went into liquidation, anyhow contacted MSI Australia and they said to fill out RMA and guess what they came back at me and said that with it not being Australian stock that I would have to return it to place of purchase when I explained to them that the store went into liquidation they said to contact USA where it came from, well I did and there reply was that Australia would repair laptop, again I contacted MSI Australia and there reply again was that they would not repair as it was not Australian stock and to contact USA MSI and again I did just that, never received a reply with the numerous times I contacted MSI USA, just seems to me that they were just passing the buck between each other, MSI Australia did suggest that I purchase there install disk and in which I did and reinstalled operating system but without any success still coming up with BSOD, MSI Australia said they would look at it for me if I was prepared to pay all costs including repairs, so for me MSI will never have me as a customer, Biggest Purchase Mistake I have Ever Made.

namoran 3/15/13 5:54AM
  • I bought an MSI brand computer, and it was a huge mistake. The specs look nice, but the computers are of horrible quality. I've owned my MSI computer for 6 months and already the screen has discolorations (and no, I haven't dropped it or damaged it in anyway), I've been given a battery replacement warning, and the keyboard sticks on several letters. All this in only 6 months! Not only is their quality completely crap, but when I contacted them for assistance, they completely ignored me, and have continued to completely ignore. Worst company EVER. Anyone thinking of buying an MSI computer, I would recommend you do yourself a favor and not. :(

JessicaSmith46 3/4/13 2:15AM
  • I never expected that MSI after sales service really sucks. What we know is, the only problem is the webcam.. then it took more than a week before they diagnose that its actually the mother board. "First offense" no one with consideration informed us that they will took the mother board off. How sure are we that the mother board they will use as replacement is BRAND NEW? "Second offense" Diferent words from different technician, no consistency of update"- still we let it pass and trying to pacify our emotions.... "Third and the worst offense" Finally we can now pick up our laptop, then.. Where IS THE CHARGER????? we gave it to them in complete package, they even listed it all on a receiving copy (whatever they called it) and they will show us another paper comes from their service center that there is NO charger included??? Where is the sense? STILL, we pick up the laptop 'cause based on what they did, seems like ITS NOT SAFE TO LEAVE OUR BELONGINGS to them. The other day, we called directly to their service center and ask for the charger, girl said " does your charger have a mark, so we can easily find it, cause we're not sure which one belongs to you" ---- where is the CUSTOMER SERVICE????? CAN anybody called it AFTER SALES SERVICE????

MSI SERVICE Center in CUBAO and also MSI Store in MEGAMALL... is such a disappointment.

Leny 1/25/13 2:47AM
  • Msi service is worst i called them for to know that how can i change the sata controller mode to ahci from ide but they says that it is already enabled in modern motherboard and there is no option for enabling it or disabling it. So when i myself searched whole bios going in every single option to search for sata controller i found it in integrated peripherals.

Rathin 1/17/13 12:34AM
  • MSI service sucks .. worst company service aware. A clear edge warning to all who are looking to buy this piece with a great sh*t of service with such a low standard. this company doesnt have any good service center and sux more as services are handed over to some other company(Like excel services). Comapny sux sux sux..

Anonymous 1/6/13 9:44AM
  • The hinge seized and lid would not close without cracking the housing and potentially the screen... After several back and forth messages that were going no where, they told me to just force it closed (to ship it to them for repair), but said that I had to "do it right" because they do not repair cracked screen. Why would anyone take that risk on a laptop they paid over $1000 for? I ended up driving over an hour to drop it off at the repair centre myself.

none12345 12/27/12 9:35AM
  • They consider one to two weeks for warranty exchange the normal thing and they are proud of this, where other companies like ASUS, Intel and EVGA consider less than a week normal. I would suggest people take this into their purchase consideration

evas53 12/10/12 10:30AM
  • A problem with the hinge of my MSI laptop caused the screen to show almost only white. It happened within warranty. I did not cause it; I always take good care of my computers. I had to fight tooth and nail for weeks to get MSI to fix it without charging me. (They said "physical damage" was not covered. Well, what do they cover - metaphysical damage? I eventually decoded that "physical damage" = blaming customer for doing something wrong to the laptop and just wouldn't give up telling them that it was their screw-up, not mine.) All in all, my laptop was gone for eleven weeks before I got it back.

Worst customer service I have ever encountered, and the fix didn't even last six months, in spite of the fact that I was even more careful and dainty with the laptop than I had been before (which is very).

Never buying an MSI laptop again.

Estelindis 12/9/12 7:35PM
  • poor customer communication
    I have a customer computer that is down and MSI will not answer phone and email.
    Intel, ASUS and EVGA will have a program for quick turnaround but not MSI

evas53 12/4/12 8:29AM
  • I was intending to join in the chorus of complaints here, but MSI came good. My hardworking and abused CX640 has been undoubtedly the best laptop I've owned in 15 years but the battery conked after only 18 months, and I spent a fruitless five months trying to find a replacement - at MSI shops, distributors and after-market suppliers. I actually ordered one on three occasions, once here in Thailand and twice in Hong Kong, only to be later told that it was "unobtainable".

I then sent an email to MSI Thailand HQ extolling the virtues of their kit, but politely suggesting that they must surely be able to supply batteries for their own computers and asking where I could get one anywhere in the region. MSI got on the plot straight away and had one ready for me to pick up in Bangkok within a week. They have since done similar with a replacement keyboard.

As the Scoreboard clearly shows, all computer companies perform abysmally, but in my experience, MSI are streets ahead of Toshiba, Compaq, HP in terms of quality of kit and service.

Aunty Edna 6/9/13 7:13AM
  • I needed to replace the touchpad on my MSI U100 netbook, after 5 years of heavy use, but I couldn't find a supplier here in Bangkok who stocked the spare part as it had become fairly old. I had almost given up, then I decided to call MSI and ask them.

They were so kind in fact, that two of their staff members and two technicians arranged to meet me during a demonstration event in Pantip Plaza and they replaced the touchpad with another one from a demo model they had. They did that free of charge and even treated me to a nice cup of ice coffee. WOW, where can you get such service and customer care (emphasis on the word "care") these days ?.
    Thanks MSI, and it would be my pleasure to continue to support your wonderful products.

kootraveller 3/30/13 7:45AM
  • Called 2 times today after my MSI A6400 had problems with booting. Both times I only waited less than a minute and spoke to John. This was the by far the fastest response I have ever had with any computer company. I have had 15 or so computers over the years (my wife and I have 4 now). I would definately buy MSI products again.

(and NO i am not an MSI employee or in any way affiliated with the company)

Babington 2/9/12 11:10AM
  • We have 4 MSI laptops. My mother's had a problem and needed to be sent to them. When it was repaired and on it's way back to her, I was tracking the progress through the tracking number. The day it said it was on the truck for delivery, I told her to watch for it. The next thing I knew It said the item was returned to the shipper. I immediately called MSI to find out what happened. They said someone in shipping accidentally sent her the wrong laptop. I was not happy, but was reassured that they would do what they could to rectify the mix up. The laptop showed up the next day. They sent it overnight. Very happy with MSI!

papatuzz 6/20/11 11:08AM
  • very good and easy to understand.

marie72 12/8/10 3:05PM

Check out these popular comparisons of MSI customer service versus other companies:
MSI vs. Acer Computers
MSI vs. Hewlett-Packard
MSI vs. Lenovo
MSI vs. NVIDIA
MSI vs. XFX
Authorized representatives of MSI can sign up to reply to any of the comments found on this page.

Technical Support
626-271-1004
MSI customer service phone number including steps to reach representatives, hours of operation, customer support links and more from ContactHelp.com.

Complete MSI customer service phone numbers and contact information at ContactHelp.com

Locate the MSI corporate office headquarters phone number, address and more at CorporateOfficeOwl.com.

MSI corporate office headquarters information at CorproateOfficeOwl.com

Get immediate support for your MSI questions from HelpOwl.com.

Receive immediate support for MSI at HelpOwl.com

View thousands of MSI user reviews and customer ratings available at ReviewOwl.com.

MSI reviews and ratings at ReviewOwl.com

MSI Manuals
Find free MSI manuals and user guides available at ManualOwl.com.

Free MSI manuals and user guides at ManualOwl.com

MSI Drivers
Easily locate MSI driver and firmware links available at DriverOwl.com.

Free MSI drivers and firmware at DriverOwl.com

MSI Data to Demonstrate All-in-One Field Service Management, Scheduling and ...
Software For The Workforce On The Move. Mobile Field Service Software. Improve customer service, increase field service technician utilization and boost enterprise service efficiency with proven, cross-platform mobile field service software from MSI Data.
Gigabyte Z87 + MSI GTX 670 Problem: Der Anzeigetreiber "nvlddmkm" reagiert ...
Dann ruckeln auch Spiele (zB Borderlands 2) wie bescheuert und oft hängt sich das System danach auf. Prime95 etc lief auch schon Tage einwandfrei durch - und wenn alles ohne Probleme läuft sind die Leistungswerte auch wie sie sein sollten. Laut den†...
Frage zu Netzteil für MSI GefForce GTX 760>
Mehr über: frage netzteil fuer msi gefforce gtx 760; Tech SupportReicht Netzteil für GTX570 + GTX760 ∑ Tech SupportFrage zur GTX260 von MSI ∑ Tech SupportFrage, welches Netzteil für eine 470 gtx? Tech SupportWichtige Frage bzgl. Netzteil und 4850 GS /†...