MajicJack Customer Service

MajicJack customer service is ranked #521 out of the 710 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 27.04 out of a possible 200 based upon 1584 ratings. This score rates MajicJack customer service and customer support as Terrible.

1,501 Negative Comments out of 1,584 Total Comments is 94.76%.

83 Positive Comments out of 1,584 Total Comments is 5.24%.

Terrible Overall Customer Service Rating
  • Viewing MajicJack customer service complaints
    1 - 25 out of 1,501
  • I'm Arlene Ferrera, I been using magic jack for more than 5 years and I always renew my contract using my credit card. Lately last thursday as our magic jack already expired I again panned to extend my contract using my credit card. everytime i made a transaction there was an error and i cannot complete the process. trying to make a success connection i tried to repeat the process almost 11times but of no success, it said authorization code error. In the end will still cannot use the magic jack. it's noted in my computer magic jack screen that it is still for renewal. And 7 transactions of magic jack was charged on my credit card.I want all these transactions be cancelled that's why I need to talk to a customer service person of magic jack.

I called the credit card company and they told us that I made several transactions and it really added on my credits. How could this happened. It really troubles me. Could you please make an investigation on this. As I don't like to pay without really getting the actual services not only mentioning that i paid several times. How could I get the money for the other attempts that i made.I want all transactions made to my card company be cancelled. please call me 2015896099.i want to talk to your customer service so I can give details of the transactions made to my card by your company magic jack.

I am looking forward that you may able to act on this promptly as this situation has given me sleepless nights and prove to me that you are not stealing people's money thru cards. pls call me now
    Arlene G Ferrera

Anonymous 4/20/14 12:24AM
  • Tech. Support: I have arranged for to be activated by CenturyLink on April 15th, It can be ported on April 16th by Magic Jack. This is a temporary account, so it will only be available for a short window. Thank you--David Jagnow (new customer)

Anonymous 4/11/14 3:25PM
  • Hello, my majicjack ready pay renew for 5 years more and allways listed tht I no payed please check my account

Henry Evaristo Castillo

Dr. Henry Castillo 4/8/14 6:02PM
  • Wow! I guess I'm lucky. I've had MJ for 1 1/2 years and never had any trouble. Yes, the 90 minute cutoff is a bit annoying but other than that, zero troubles.

The other day, the line was dead. As it turns out the AC to USB plug got fried and it fried my MJ plus along with it. The replacement cost me $11.80 It won't be here for another 2-4 days. I simply forwarded all incoming calls to my other MJ plus and no problem....

Again, I guess I'm lucky....

Dean 4/7/14 6:44PM
  • On April 4th 2014 my Magic Jack account was set to Auto Renew but for some reason it did not, this now is my 2nd line that did not auto renew as well, All I am being told by customer service is the account is "under review", I remember when this happen to my first line 1 Year ago for months they never fixed it although I called like 50 times. I just want to say why is the Government allowing Magic Jack to run with such poor or no customer service. They have no after support what so ever and it is unfair for the customer, the way we are put through Magic Jack aggravation. Yes because it's cheap and you can use it while traveling people purchase it but only "God" can help you if it ever stops working.

1. There auto renewal process have issues for some accounts causing it to go into review status.

2. There resolution center, web support and phone support is a waste of time. They have no resolution tools just someone to tell you your case is under review call back in 1 week.

3. Waiting for Weeks or Months to fix a phone line is unacceptable especially if the line is used daily.

4. In this day and age tell me who can be with out a phone.

5. Magic Jack customer service Phone & Web cannot even be called poor more like a waste of time, I would say if they are given a rating from 1 to 10 they are more like -10.

6. The Government need to take ownership and have them adhere to certain standards.

7. Magic Jack have no after support. ( Very Difficult - Worst)

Vera /All 4/7/14 8:28AM
  • my magick phone # is I have renewed this number since March 25, 2014 in paying the fees by my credit card with TD Canada. But on the computer, it still showing that my phone is expired and I have to renew. Can you check and check if the payment was not received. Thank you

Anonymous 4/2/14 10:25PM
  • I cannot get my phone to work and can not get anyone to help me. Trying on live chat does not work for me . no matter what i type in it does not answer my question! I wish i could speak to a live person. : (

Anonymous 3/28/14 3:59PM
  • I can't get in touch with anyone to help with the issue I have with majic jack. I have emailed them and got no response and called one of the three numbers and only got some lady who called me back and left a voice mail on my cell telling me that she isn't the one to call and to call majicjack not her. I just want a real person to get in touch with me and to tell me where to send the unit back that isn't working and to get a new one sent.

sugarpie57 3/25/14 12:19PM
  • Thier so called customer service is ridiculous. It is one of the worst out of any company. Only live help over the computer...come on, get with it. If you tick off the live help in any way they just cut off the conversation and you have to start all over again with someone new.

If it has anything to do with getting money beck, you spend 20 minutes explain and re-explaining the problems only to have to pass you to "our best 10 percent of agaents" etc since they lack the authority to give refunds but successfully waste your time.

I waited months for a $99 refund that never came. In the end they added years of service to the wrong device as compensation. This was the problem in the first place. Bottom line I love the device but the customer service sucks bigtime!

davmcg 3/23/14 8:27PM
  • just spent over an hour dealing with customer service. They are totally a waste of time. Their customer service rep cancelled my subscription and said I requested it. I ordered my device 4 Feb 14 and apparently requested it be cancelled on the same day... is that even possible?

tried to get it solved only to have the rep cancel my old device and now I don't have either. Wants me to pay another 100 bucks to renew even though my device showed good to 2020.. It amazes me how 1Billion company can have such horrible customer service...

GBenson 3/23/14 10:28AM
  • I bought a new Magic Jack plus and a new router.I hooked it up using the directions and haven't had any problems.I also had the older one and it worked fine

Anonymous 3/22/14 10:20PM
  • I have three units, none of them are working all the years I paid for service just being wasted because I can't place or receive calls.

Does anyone care, no, Does anyone work to fix it, no

Will I get a response now and get my service back up, NO.

Anonymous 3/22/14 8:50AM
  • I have been trying for nearly years to add money to my account (I started out with a 5 year contract). EVERY TIME I am told it is under review. WHAT THE HECK does that mean? I can no longer dial out because it will not accept my CC on line and THEY DO NOT have any customer service, NONE! WHY DO THEY CONTINUE TO ADVERTISE THIS PRODUCT??? WALMART SHAME ON YOU FOR THE NEW TV COMMERCIAL FOR MAGICJACK. If you are going to advertise their product make sure there is some kind of customer support!!

Anonymous 3/20/14 6:43AM
  • ive been waiting four months they put all my mj Under review for asking to help me buy international minutes for my 4 mj i waiting four months so far for review to contact me and copied al;l conversations i had talking to Customer support online. they are crooks. If you know better business bureau contact or how to stop these crooks from steeling our money or getting our money bnack I am a broker in usa and canada and lost 100 000`s of clients due to being stuck withought mjwhile on busn trip to punta cana were i am still stuck waiting on mj.
    Plus the new lines and cell i had to get to remedy my busness due to mj ghost review tactic to screw us.
    please respond if there a solution or answer

Anonymous 3/17/14 6:14AM
  • Just spent two hours on Live Chat for technical assistance to connect MJ+ to my router. Totally useless venture. Nobody would answer the specific question I had as to whether you could connect MJ to the USB port on a router since I did not have an available ethernet connection. That's all I wanted to know. All I got was run around answers and the usual "how to connect MJ not using your computer" speel and a bunch of other blah blah. NOT HELPFUL!

DJV 3/14/14 12:21PM
  • Why they call it support when they clearly do not support their product. Unfortunately the people they hire for the chat are like trained monkey's , if is is not in the book they cannot figure it out.

PO'd 3/10/14 1:33PM
  • Customer Service and help is very poor and the plus is a piece of junk worked better when we used the standard one.

Anonymous 3/8/14 2:30PM
  • My Son gave me this magic phone, which he had paid up until Nov. 2014, he had bought another one. He came over and installed this one for me, and for a while when i would call out mj would come on line and say my service had expired, follow on screen instructions to renew.I have his email address but not his password, so i could not get in under his account. Now i can still get incoming calls,but can,t call out.Cannot get any help from Magic Jack on this issue at all, so i am going to take a hammer to this one and smash it big time. HH.

Anonymous 3/5/14 5:11PM
  • This device is very or you can say this company is stealing money for the people I am trying to renew and until now they did not renew it because they said it is under review department. I have been waiting for 20 days until now they did not fix it. Also the big problem they do not have customer service. Only chat. They are not helpfull at all. So my advice is do not buy it.

Sd 3/4/14 10:39AM
  • the service is awesome. But the moment they have to give the replacement, they all say, will transfer to best suited operaot and hang up chat..

Ajay 3/3/14 6:53PM
  • Do Not Buy The New One That Has Wifi It Does Not Work And They Sold Me On That Is Does After 4 Hours On Customer Support I Find Out They Dont Have It Up And Running Yet. After My Term Ends With Them I Will Never Use Them Again

ronp 2/25/14 4:23PM
  • Bought 2 MajicJack Plus. Their is no live customer reps to talk to. The plug on the cord that I am supposed to plug into my modem, is larger than a regular phone plug. Wasted 160.00 on this junk!!! not to mention the phone I bought to use this useless crap. Thanks MajicJack. I'll make sure to let my friends know not to buy this product!

Anonymous 2/25/14 9:36AM
  • im still waiting for a email after they review the problem i have 3 lines and i can't add credit to the account,im out of the country and im disconnected from my family i made a big mistake putting mj and canceling the main lines

luis 2/23/14 7:46AM
  • I have been trying to pay my bill for 2 days and I have an order number from yesterday and now they say it is only for the use of my number - - whar's going on - - A bad way to do business

mickjack19 2/22/14 11:28AM
  • The company works on a cave men policy of let's have great communication when your service does not work - no technical support over the phone. It sounds like a Russian bank - you put your money in but can not get it out. I can foresee the company going bankrupt in two years.

Anonymous 2/21/14 4:15PM
  • Viewing positive MajicJack customer service ratings
  • Just want to say thank you .I have no problem getting help from your support group great bunch of people you have working for you.

Anonymous 4/2/14 2:16PM
  • Excellent product. This is year 3 and have never had a problem. I need a internet provider like magic-jack. Just thinking out loud

Anonymous 3/26/14 9:18AM
  • After weeks of not having my service, it was good to know it was the magic jack itself that was defective. Great person helped diagnose the problem and will replace it.

Linda 1/18/14 12:39PM
  • Magic Jack is cheap or should I say very inexpensive. It is no frills with no serious support. To make MJ works for you you need to understand the basics of maintaining a working computer network with a high speed internet connection because the MJ Plus depends on that whether you plug it into your router or your computer. IF you have the skills to keep your own computer working fine with internet connectivity using a high speed connection then you will probably have acceptable experience using MJ plus. I have been basically satisfied so far (4 months)and my only complaint is that there is audio break up at times which is annoying. I attribute this to high traffic on the internet and my provider cannot keep up with my 4G wireless connection. There are no extras with MJ like 911 service (although I hear it is possible to add it for a fee) MJ themselves suggests that you do not use it for your only phone service somewhere in the fine print. My experience with the chat service is you can get help there. I even got an online firmware upgrade to my MJ Plus to try and deal with the audio breakup issue and miraculously it did seem to help.

kdegru 10/26/13 5:07PM
  • I spoke with Sable, just moments ago, and I gotta tell you. "SHE IS AWESOME"
    I suggested she take the rest of the night off.
    Truly She was a pleasure to deal with.

Can you say "RAISE?"

Thanks folks magic Jack is the best.

Sable 8/8/13 5:40PM
  • I had success by calling customer service. The person immediately identify my files and explained to me why I could not do my renewal. (was because I have registered my MJ with a USA address and I was over the sea trying to do it). Now that I am back in USA I try again and was successful. More important, they never cut me off,with my suscription expired I was able to continue using mye MJack.
    I am happy with the services.
    GMA from Miami

GMA from Miami 5/3/13 10:49AM
  • I've used MagicJack for the past three years for my home phone service. I've had very minor issues, and those were taken care of by their support department. It's great to not pay AT&T each month, and to not have to deal with their horrendous support. We've saved about $1,800 during that time.

Fletch 4/22/13 5:58PM
  • my magicjack works like a champ no prob. Jesse A.

Jesse 3/23/13 1:31PM
  • Its not MajicJack , rather it is Magicjack.

I read about Harrison's frustration with billing and no outgoing service and 1 yr laps of the annual Canadian Phone number area code.

I think Harrison ought to be to have fixed his outgoing problem easily if he wanted to... I suggest setting up the Plus on USB to Phone connection and then plug into the Ethernet router port for perfect PC inidependant operation... The 2nd issue of a lapsed 1 yr area code service in Canada followed by a "renewal" is certainly going to cause an accounting contradiction . There are two payment issues. Service fee and Canadian Area Code registration fee. The 1st time setup fee is waved on renewal but after a 1 yr laps can cause confusion.. Harrison needs to understand he created this confusion and not blame MagicJack with rude sarcastic inquiries and clarify that he expects a renewal without a setup charge even after discontinuity of service fees for same.

The only compatability issues I have had with MJ is using CICI card and VOIP call bridge calls. It does not work for those. Otherwise using cheaper Acanaac.net ISP over Rogers cable for $35/mo with MJ give the best 5yr plan for phone rates.. LD costs are much higher than CICI 3rd party rates for some countries, is my only gripe. Service , voice quality and connection reliability has been excellent with only rare dropouts far less than Cell phone drop out rates.

TONY STEWART EE since 1975 12/25/12 10:23AM
  • Had a great experience with Denise in Billing Customer Service. She found the problem and fixed it right away. I love MajicJack!

flbmcnally 12/12/12 11:36AM
  • I have been using Magic Jack Plus (that can be used on your computer, or as I use it, pluged into an electrical outlet in the wall, for @ 6 months now. Before MJ Plus, I used the old Magic Jack, that could only be used in your computer, when it was turned on for 3 or more years. The old MJ was ok, but had a lot of static on the line and even worse if using a cordless phone. People I talked to complained they heard even more static than I did. heard.

Since I've gotten MJ Plus, people say the line is crystal clear and cordless phones are not as clear of static as a regular phone. I love it now. With all the features (call forwarding, call waiting, etc.).

It's WELL worth the money I paid for it. I'll keep it forever and save the $35. a month for a land line.

Though I wish I could talk to them by phone sometimes about some of the specials they have, but there is no phone number to contact them, but if u know how to use the internet, u should have no problem.

All their support is live online, but they have always been very supportive and I always received great directions and information, when I contacted them.

rtaxes 12/6/12 9:38AM
  • I just got out of chat help with MagicJack and I have to say it was an excellent experience. I love my MagicJack Plus.

Marisa 10/25/12 6:28AM
  • Just got off chat with MJ and so far my issue has been fixed. However, not sure if it was completely fixed. My device just randomly stops working and the only way I ever know is if I try to make a call, so we will see in a few hours what happens.
    Also, it seems to me that most of the major issues are with the magic jack plus.....just an observation.
    My chat was fine, polite and fast, and I even got a discount(waiting to see if it's actually true or not).

I understand the frustration of others, as I myself spend hours a week trying to correct over charges, services not rendered, etc. on my own home bills!
    But my mother always told me that you catch more flies with honey.....
    Will update on the "discount"

Anonymous 9/26/12 7:32AM
  • no the service isn't useless. just click on customer service/live agent at the very bottom of the magicjack page and when the next page comes up, click speak to a live person. you can chat with someone and they will walk you through whatever you need help with. Believe me I tried it and no one has as much of a problem as I did -not there fault. and they stayed with me and helped me through everything. satisfied customer.

silver 9/11/12 6:41PM
  • Get the Magic Jack Plust and make sure that you have DECENT INTERNET speed. At $20-$40 per year vs $500-$1000 it is fantastic. For faxes, you require a filter on the cable line (not unusual to require it for any fax line). In Canada you can get TALKIT.ca ( mention Samson660@hotmail and I get a referral discount). It is $60 per year plus $50-$75 for the modem. It only includes CDN long distance. US is 2 cents per minutes. I have all my business lines on Talkit or MJ. ( I use a US number and Cnd # to call forward).

People; Get real. Yes, customer service is poor but if you pay the proper costs, they will give you what you require. Toronto

Samson660 9/10/12 12:39PM
  • First its magicJack, u dont spell "magic" with a "J" LMAO... and anyone reading the reviews here? LOL, reported it stolen and then the reps were rude to you??? Is this a joke? The people who even have to contact customer support dont deserve to use this product... I am hardly a "techie" but I got it, opened the box, plugged into the computer, activated/registered, then plugged into the router and power, and seconds later, dialtone. Then went to my online account and made some minor adjustments. If you need "support" you need hire an IT Specialist bec it is your computer or internet.

JohnnyTheRockMan 9/6/12 11:33AM
  • I delt today with Sydney from the Customer Service departement, she was very helpfull and was able to solve my issue in a very professional way.

Thank you for the good service you are offering to your clients.

Customer Service/Cancellation 8/21/12 2:34AM
  • I've had Magic Jack for over 2 years now and just up graded to the Majic Jack Plus.
    Rather than plugging into my computer, it plugs into my router. It's really an improvement in voice quality and fast dialing. Plus, there's no need to leave my computer on 24 hours a day.

I like that it will send me emails if I have a voice mail waiting. I can listen to it on my computer from any where. That's in addition to listening to it the traditional way.

I have to admit, that the live chat customer service can be a little sketchy at times. But, I found for the most part it's pretty good. You just have to be patient.

The Voice 8/13/12 12:43PM
  • i dealt earlier today with a tech aid on your live chat line his name was theodore he was well mannered patient and polite! so nice to deal with a cool human seems so old school these days thumbs up to Ted and Magic Jack!! thanx !

Anonymous 8/7/12 4:47PM
  • I am more than pleased, yes I have had a couple of dropped calls but no more than I had with my regular phone service. The best part is the price, I will take the dropped calls to not paying $60 a month for what I get for $29 a yr with MJ. No complaints here.

pattikake1 7/19/12 5:32PM
  • my opinion is that everyone expects customer support for $20 a year. Get real! There is no customer support. That's what you sacrifice for the savings, BUT IT'S WORTH IT! Come on! Stop beating up on mj because they really help with the low cost. If the freakin thing breaks or doesn't work throw it away and buy another one OR start paying $30 a month to a phone company with support! that simple!

dawn 7/17/12 3:42PM
  • I got off a live chat with Chat Session: LTK554075213122X / Kiefer (today May 31, 2012)

Basically I paid for renewal on Jan 18, 2012 and got my confirmation number TS16173168

Today I go on trip and I use it, it say I didn't have service, need to purchase? i click okay -- boom -- original renew price 69.95 now inflated to 99.95

Talk to this guy, he eventually hang me up, said he 'can do nothing about it'.

GREATEST CUSTOMER SERVICE and ETHNICS!

my two cents-

andrew 5/31/12 2:25AM
  • I'm new to Magic Jack and it is working very well for me; no technical problems. However, I tried to port my old phone number from Vonage, and was not successful. I used the live chat help and they put my account "under review". It has been under review for over a month now. While under review, I am not allowed to make any changes to my account; thus I cannot port my old number. The customer support is absolutely the worst I have experienced. I have made it a point to contact them at least once every day until my account is no longer being reviewed. I have now lost my old phone number, so this is just for fun to see how long it takes. Other than this, I am happy with the Magic Jack device; it works well for me.

Anonymous 5/4/12 2:36PM
  • I recently purchased majicjack plus. The installation was a bit slow, it took me about an hour and I had to connect with majicjack support on 2 occasions during the installation, but the result was GREAT. My majicjack plus works like a dream. The sounds are clear and crisp, the voice mail was easy to set up and works well. I get a 30 day free trial, first year free and $29.95 a YEAR thereaftetr. I have disconnected my comcast phone and am now saving $540 a year. I totally recommend majicjack plus.

Anonymous 2/26/12 6:56AM
  • I just called the phone number listed "for billing questions only" and was immediately connected, asked questions regarding the service and got all the answers I needed. No problem for me

Anonymous 2/20/12 9:45AM

Check out these popular comparisons of MajicJack customer service versus other companies:
MajicJack vs. AT&T Wireless
MajicJack vs. Comcast
MajicJack vs. Cox
MajicJack vs. Ooma
MajicJack vs. Skype
MajicJack vs. Straight Talk
MajicJack vs. Vonage
Authorized representatives of MajicJack can sign up to reply to any of the comments found on this page.

561-594-9925
MajicJack customer service phone number including steps to reach representatives, hours of operation, customer support links and more from ContactHelp.com.

Complete MajicJack customer service phone numbers and contact information at ContactHelp.com

Locate the MajicJack corporate office headquarters phone number, address and more at CorporateOfficeOwl.com.

MajicJack corporate office headquarters information at CorproateOfficeOwl.com

Get immediate support for your MajicJack questions from HelpOwl.com.

Receive immediate support for MajicJack at HelpOwl.com

View thousands of MajicJack user reviews and customer ratings available at ReviewOwl.com.

MajicJack reviews and ratings at ReviewOwl.com

More Authentic Magic Jack Reviews
... not even if you get one of their service reps. in the chat room,s…..which by the way the customer service sucks “all canned answers to your questions”, ...
VoiceCRM.com Intros Free Magic Jack Voice, Service to Subscribers
Users can use this offer to enables any broadband-enabled PC into a virtual call center workstation, together providing advanced customer relationship ...
FemtoJack Review – The Magic Jack Cell Phone Device
The company struggled with customer service when the Magic Jack was brought to market but Mr. Barislow has already addressed this and promises that his ...