Nikon Customer Service

Nikon customer service is ranked #361 out of the 724 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 34.44 out of a possible 200 based upon 290 ratings. This score rates Nikon customer service and customer support as Disappointing.

• Viewing Nikon customer service complaints
  • Transcript of Nikon's terrible support on barrel distortion firmware.

Melina Becker: How can I help you?
    Pierre Lud: When exactly will the Nikkor 18 -140 mm barrel distortion firmware be available to upload to Nikon camaras? I see every one is asking this on the internet and I want to know what is Nikons commitment in this regards.
    Melina Becker: It is true that we receive questions about a distortion correction firmware.
    Melina Becker: I can assure you that we forwarded these ideas as improvement suggestions to the appropriate Nikon departement.
    Pierre Lud: And what is the outcome?
    Melina Becker: I hope you understand that we are not involved in making those decisions of the department for design and developement.
    Melina Becker: This is why we can of course forward your ideas so that they will be considered as improvements.
    Melina Becker: But unfortunately we won't receive any updates about wether your ideas will be implemented or not.
    Pierre Lud: Pardon me Melina, I don't know why you would think you are involved in making those decisions of the department for design and developement. What you are is the interface between a Nikon customer (me) and Nikon - the person that pass on the messages so to speak. Therefore I, as Nikon customer, insist that you escalte this to your manager and he/she escalte this to the appropiate department or whatever and give me the Nikon customer a proper answer. Melina you can make the difference today, believe me.
    Melina Becker: I totally agree with you that I am the direct communication partner for you with Nikon.
    Melina Becker: This is why I will book your question as an improvement/product suggestion as I did with the same question of customers before you.
    Melina Becker: The departement for design and developement will consider your suggestions.
    Melina Becker: But because the decision is up to this specific departement I hope you understand that I cannot assure you that there will definately be a distortion correction firmware.
    Melina Becker: I am telling you this so you know how important your ideas are for Nikon.
    But I think it is also important for you to know what we can do for you and what we just cannot promise from the technical customer support.
    Pierre Lud: That is all good to know, but I want my question answered now : When exactly will the Nikkor 18 -140 mm barrel distortion firmware be available to upload to Nikon camaras?
    Melina Becker: We don't know if there will be a firmware.
    Melina Becker: And if there will be one we don't know when.
    Pierre Lud: please find out from your departement for design and developement now.
    Melina Becker: These information are confidential.
    Melina Becker: I'm sorry but there is no other answer to your question.
    Pierre Lud: Oh, now it's confidential. I own the lens. This is nonsence. I want to speak to your manager now.
    Melina Becker: As told you in the first place, we won't receive any updates from the department for design and developement.
    This means that they keep those information confidential.
    Pierre Lud: Can I please speak to your manager now?
    Melina Becker: This is not possible becaue my manager is saying the exact same.
    Melina Becker: I can forward a complaint for you.
    Melina Becker: Please let me know if you want a product suggestion or a complaint.
    Melina Becker: Or is there anything else I can help you with?
    Pierre Lud: Melina get your manager online please.
    Melina Becker: That won't happen.
    Pierre Lud: What?
    Melina Becker: My manager agrees with everything I told you.
    Melina Becker: This is all we can do for you.
    Pierre Lud: You really suck, and therefore Nikon supprt sucks! And the manager is useless. What must customers do with this? I posting this discussion online on all camara forums and see if Nikon wakes up to supporting their customers beter.
    Melina Becker: I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way.
    Pierre Lud: Why are you sorry?
    Melina Becker: As I said before, I will forward your suggestion to the relevant departement but cannot guarantee that your idea will be implemented.
    Pierre Lud: You caused this feeling.
    Pierre Lud: and your action is not good enough
    Pierre Lud: it did not work for the hunderd that you did the same thing before me : I will forward your suggestion to the relevant departement but cannot guarantee that your idea will be implemented.

Pierre 7/10/14 6:13AM
  • COOLPIX L28 designed to go down! Used it twice and jammed up.Sent it in and Precision calls saying it's fixed and under warranty. Gives me tracking number so I wait and no Camera. I call and Nikon says it has liquid on it so VOID Warranty! Called my lawyer. Lawyer calls back and says to wait on Camera to arrive bacause that style has a defect. NIKON HAS TURNED TO JUNK!!!P.S Just down loaded complaint to see if they post the truth!!

Landofmind 7/1/14 1:21PM
  • I like to warn potential buyers of NIKON binoculars as they are inherent fragile. I has a failure beyond repair as e result of a fall from approx 0.7 m. Only 3 years old and no coulance from NIKON service, extreme poor perfromance.
    The binocular is type Monarch 10.5 x 45.
    The NIKON service seems a well organised process with no room for client contact about repair options.

Jan 6/30/14 11:08AM
  • calibration of nikon d90 warranty 2 years, 9 months use, price about 100 euro for reparation. dissapointed of romanian service.

nini 6/28/14 6:39AM
  • I am not sure if I have ever had such appalling customer service from any organisation. They had a 70-200mm 2.8 lens to repair due to excessive vignetting. Lens returned with (in my view) worse vignetting and a substantial cost to me. I returned the lens to the camera shop who returned it to Nikon. They have now had it for the best part of 6/7/ weeks. Transpires that they did some work to the VR system (without my authority).

Suggested they might be able to send me a loan lens - then said they couldn't almost immediately.

Said they would get a technician to call me - who didn't (or at least hasn't yet).

Told me that they can't send me the test images (company policy) when in fact they have already sent them to me on an Excel spreadsheet - all I asked was to have them as jpegs....

Totally and utterly useless.

polarbear 5/19/14 1:51AM
  • "Nikon Customer Service" is an oxymoron. Outside of complete DOA items, once you buy a Nikon product it's yours so matter how poorly it performs. They won't even let you send something back for evaluation until you've satisfied what appear to be ever-changing and capricious requirements. I have a brand new Nikon D7100 camera that can't take a sharp picture no matter what I try. And, I'm no rookie photog. Nikon Customer Service is putting me through the wringer with repeated requests for sample pictures, more info, blah, blah, blah, and after each response I send I wait days - or even weeks - to get yet another request from them. It's obvious they're just hoping I give up. I'll never buy another Nikon product. Ever.

PrentProps 5/10/14 3:54PM
  • Address..

Sean Pio Medina- General Manager ( Not the one that waited on me)

I got a Nikon Coolpix L820 Camera from Best Buy at Christmas from my

brother.. I didn't use it right away.. Had waited a couple months...

Found out the focus was off and photos turning out bad... So I went to

get it exchanged and they exchanged it for me with no problem... I just

had to get a L830, cause L820 discontinued... That was in March...

I started using my New one 2 weeks ago, (Because I was sick and in the

hospital for a while , I been trying to get my strength back) ,and I

noticed the flash doesnt work, The Pictures were turning white, and some

pictures turning all yellow and the photos flip without me doing it when

I shoot them......

So today April 23,I go to get it replaced... I talked to customer

service, who then called 2 ladies from Cameras over to look at it...

They preceeded to hear what I was saying.. I showed them photos of what

it was doing and they preceeded to tell me, the flash doesnt work, it

seemed the I S O is missed up...

So then they call the manager over that was on duty for today, and he

asked them what they thought.. They proceeded to tell him that the flash

didn't work, that the I S O seemed to have a problem, and that the lens

was loose...

He then looks at me and says did you get the Best buy service insurance?

I said I think my brother probably did.. He looks at the papres and

goes," I don't see it, so you will have to send it off to get fixed".. I

said "I had bad exsperences with that and exsplained the 5 disc stereo

that came back 3 times and doesnt work to this dy.. A Cool pix camera I

sent off that came back 4 times and still doesnt work.. That They didn't

replace any of those.

This is a 199.00 Camera, I can't afford to send it off and it doesn't

work.... :'(

I said I know its the managers discrision to exchange it or not, He just

said, " we will send it off to get fixed".. he then just walked off.

:'( I was crying by the time I left.. Imbarassed and upset... I still

can't get over that..

If you have a business that sales your product, shouldn't they stand behind it also?

Please can you help me get a replacement?

Pictures are what I do... Im disabled and that all I have as a hobby...

Thank you for anything you can do for me...

Have a blessed day, and thank you for taking the time to read this!!

Vicky

Anonymous 5/2/14 7:15PM
  • Had a very unpleasant experience purchasing from the Nikon store the other day...placed an order for a d610, only to get an email the next day that my order was cancelled. Apparently, they are out of stock...um, don't you think its a good idea to update your customers that an item is out of stock before they decide to drop a grand on your camera? Disappointing. The email did not even say why my order was actually cancelled!! So I had to call to figure out what was going on...the customer support was unpleasant, to both my husband and I (who had to call again later)...its is unfortunate that a company who's products I support does not put effort towards providing their customers better service. They should have a survey of some sort, or something, where I can actually voice this to them...not on a separate website. Despicable.

Anonymous 4/18/14 3:28PM
  • They trashed an d7100 new and an nikon 17-55 2.8 and refuse to even repair them...whorst service ever.

asoka 4/17/14 7:33AM
  • This is my first and last experience with Nikon. I am very displeased and unimpressed by the lack of customer service given towards a warranty service to a known manufacturer problem.
    I purchased a Cool Pix AW110 which shutdown in the 1st three months and used only 4 times.
    Did not use any of the special features, nor give a water test or shock resistance test...
    but when it came to repair it, Nikon tried to suggest it was out of warranty even when Costco management assured them it was not...
    end product was this email to Nikon...

Well Ernesto,

Why bother say "Best Regards" when it is clear you do not have my best regards or best interest in mind at all! In my profession, I have never witnessed such blatant disregard for the customer's simple request. In my professional opinion, you are the WORST customer service manager I have ever communicated with. Your myopic tunnel vision and your text book customer service warranty script does not serve well to acknowledge the customer's complaint or needs.
    I do intend to take this further to your superiors and let them know that you have solidified my decision to never purchase another Nikon product again! On the Nikon survey and any place where public opinion is requested about Nikon products, I will be sharing my horrendous experience in trying to simply get WARRANTY service performed on a KNOWN MANUFACTURER DEFECT!
    And I will be sure to suggest both YOU and Devon be sent back for customer service training as I was told that you also would not negotiate with the manager of Costco as well who prepared to give you the information needed!
    So, instead of listening to your gibberish and road blocks, please send my useless AW110 camera back to me ASAP! Now poorer but wiser!
    And this will be the last transaction ever with Nikon!
    Thank you for the worst customer service ever!

upset customer 4/11/14 4:00PM
  • it's been a month i have not received my nikon d5200 the problem was that it did not displayed the photos it was just the matter of updateding the firmwware while for 2-3 weeks they did not even had look over my camera i had to call them daily after that he said i need to change the motherboard and it took him more 2 weeks just for replacing
    i made a big mistake by buying next its surely canon gear im going to
    guys please don't buy nikon i will give them -5 stars
    poor nikon

akspreet 4/7/14 8:07AM
  • Horrible experience, actually i made a big mistake by purchasing Nikon. Service centre is hopeless,for just a small issue they are saying that they need to remove complete motherboard.During warrantee period they asking for charges. Request mail sent to nindsupport id, they are also of no use.
    One thing is clear they will never owner their warantee committment.

avni 4/3/14 10:49PM
  • Worst customer service ever. They don't say what they do and they don't do what they say. I went to LA Nikon service and customer service is so bad and rude. They kept my lens over one month knowing that they cannot repair it because I bought it from another country. Initial consultation I told that I bought this from another country and I don't have any receipt. After 6 weeks LA Nikon did not even bother to contact us and letting us know that they cannot repair it.

Anonymous 3/20/14 10:02AM
  • I purchased the D3200 on black friday as a Christmas gift. After reviewing my pictures after the first day of use on Christmas I noticed a spot on all images. Since I had two lenses I went to switch to the other lense and the mirror fell right out of the camera. Since it was past the 30 day store warranty I had to send in for service. The first service order I received said this was covered under warranty, 2 weeks later I received a revised estimate for $375. I called to see why I'm being charged since it is brand new and still under warranty. The horribly rude customer service girl told me that I damaged the camera and if I want it fixed I need to pay it or else they will just send it back to me broken. I asked to speak with a supervisor or a technical person so I could understand how I could have damaged the camera, my request was denied. She just kept repeating that I "Damaged" the camera, she finally said that she would request a re-review, but she lied, when I went on the Nikon website to review the repair status the notes say that I called just to get the status. I am terribly disappointed in Nikon, this is my first expensive camera and I can not afford to get it fixed, I saved up just to afford the camera. The purpose of this camera was to take pictures of my children playing their sports, since I have been with out this camera for 2 months I purchased a pocket sized Cannon and I am so happy with it. I will never by Nikon again and I will definately be posting this horrible experience on every website that I can. Since this incident I have spoken with several people and I don't believe they will be purchasing Nikon either. STAY AWAY FROM NIKON, the warranty means nothing.

dtira 3/10/14 5:36AM
  • Terrible. Refuse to allow me to handle the problem with my Coolpix S9500 because my kind camera shop initiated the repair. Will not honor the warranty as they decided the cause was something that was impossible (a tiny dent) as I used the camera for months after that accident. Does not appear to matter that I registered the camera and am the owner.

keyskatie 2/14/14 12:23PM
  • Nikon is charging me 160.00 for bad pins that where a problem from day one(I put up with it just thinking that was par for a 399. camera until it finally quite all together). The part is the USB connector. They will not replace it under warranty after on a year and a few months. Customer service was terrible as well.
    Should have bought the Canon.

Anonymous 2/10/14 3:55PM
  • Nikon does not honor their warranty. I dont know how they get by with this but they advertise and we have a certificate saying they have a no fault policy with their binoculars.even if it is your fault they will fix them for ten dollars. nope what they do is keep your binoculars and try to sell you another pair.

merd 2/7/14 11:27AM
  • P530... It's sucks. This week I brought Nikon P520. The camera is good with so many features but After taking photos, if I press Playback button to look my pics and now if I want take more pics, so if I press shutter-release button or Playback button, i can't take anymore photo.....I have to shutdown d camera n have to on it again....that's very bad. I'm not happy vd it. I'm working on cruises ship, we r not going anymore San Diego, California ( from where I brought ). I don't know what to do...Is there any solution ?

Bajrang Jat 1/31/14 12:54PM
  • "Unprofessional And Laissez Faire"
    I Bought A New Nikon Camera Which I saved Up For Quite Awhile. I Used The Camera For 11 Months And It Developed A Problem, With A 1 Year Warranty. Before The Year Was Up, I Sent It In To Customer Service As Instructed.

1. I Contacted U, By Email And By Phone. Send The Camera Along With The Warranty And Purchase Receipt. Which I Did.
    Carefully Wrapped And Insured .
    2. You Sent The Camera Back . With The Paperwork.the Camera Was Rattling Around In The Package !

Very Unprofessional! No Wrapping Unsecured In The Box.

3. Requesting Paperwork That I Sent And Customer Service Wrote On The ????.

4. I Called Again . Now The Camera Has A Dent In It ,from Your Poor Customer Service! You Called Me For 3 Months Requesting The Warranty And Paperwork. Which You Had All Of The Time. When Calling Each Time You Verified Having The Paperwork.

Then Called Back 3 Days Later Requesting The Warranty And Receipt Again!

Then "finally" You Responded Saying It Was Out Of Warranty.

5. I,m Now Shopping For A New Camera.

6. I,m Sending The Camera Back To You The Right Thing To Do Would Be Replace It Especially Since It Was Sent Back With No Care Or Attention To Wrapping Or Protection. Enclosed With A Detailed Description Along With A Time Line Of Events.

superdave008 1/28/14 4:34PM
  • I bought a model Coolpix 810 13 months ago. It quit working several days ago. Nikon said it would be a minimum of 100dollars to repair. I took it to a camera shop for repair today. He laughed and pointed the Made in China tag on back. He said they are not worth repairing and that if I paid for the repair it would quit very soon again. His advice, " Throw it away and never buy Nikon again." I'm taking his advise. Expensive Chinese Junk

Chuck 12/9/13 6:01PM
  • The service sucks, the People who deal with are really rude and the cost they apply for fixing is equal to buying a new camera or lens

Ravi 11/25/13 4:40PM
  • Almost a year ago purchased the d7000, and within 10 days got a survey about the camera. Since it was in middle of holidays, I had not taken more than a few
    pictures. I just read all reviews on it and my comments are I use my cell more than the camera if I want to depend on getting pictures. This is my 4 th N., I am an amature and am going to switch back to Cannon. I am taking pics that don't record, the off/on ackward, not as simple
    when a pic appears, is a two handed affair to turn on compared to clicking on/off of canon in one second. I took this last year to my annual months and useded coolpix Nikon for quicker camera to start, or cell. Think I only took a few hundred pics, and used other cameras for dependability. I'm sorry I gave away my canon, still have old nikons but frustration of nikon has lost its luster. Suggest the survey come out after a few months, so I had honest feed back. Have this week resumed with it and 4 pics did not record. Back to cell and coolpix.

Anonymous 11/15/13 9:58AM
  • Nikon does not back their products and does not care about customer retention. I have been an avid Nikon customer for years and have several thousand dollars worth of Nikon equipment. I sent in my Nikon D800 for warranty repair due to focus problems and the color of the monitor on the rear of the camera. Both are issues that are well documented. Nikon has a fix for both problems. My camera is out of warranty, but in my mind since these are known issues, I believe it should be repaired at no cost to me. Nikon refuses. The CSR spoke to her supervisor who said it was beyond warranty and it would cost me $240 to repair. Now I am just another unhappy customer with Nikon. Once the camera is fixed and I get it back, it is going on a popular auction site to be sold. Looks like I am going to become a Canon customer like so many other people. Sorry Nikon, but this is it for me. Thanks for nothing.

tiekeka 10/30/13 8:40AM
  • I am 80 yrs old and finally decided to get a new camera, got the Coolpix and it is now in for repairs for the second time since July of this yr. I only use it in the house but I did take it to a once in a lifetime event to volunteer for the WOUNDED WARRIORS and it did not work so I missed a very imnportant event of pictures. I never abused it. I would never tell anyone to buy one of these. I am sick over this as being on a fixed income I had to really think hard about my purchase and to have it be so inferior is really disappointing.I wrote to Nikon no response.

babumjane 10/30/13 5:20AM
  • Utterly disgusted with NIKON
    Bought a nikon coolpix s610c approx 2 years ago based on the idea that you could take your snaps plug in the charger and the camera would upload the photos to my picturetown
    then i woke up one day and NIKON had just on a whim decided to cancel the my picturetown service rendering the camera useless and pretty much said stuff you all
    this has to be the worst customer service in history
    you buy a camera and without a thought they cancell the features you bought it for
    Could you imagine if you spent a lot of money on a camera and they done this

NEVER BUY A NIKON

you never know when they might change their mind and reduce the features after you have paid for it
    No reply to my complaints to nikon customer service
    No option to return camera for a refund
    Useless utterly

jd 10/15/13 12:03PM
  • Breakdown Coolpix S31.
    Lost my invoice, purchased in South America, warranty normally not in Europe....

Nikon did replace S31 anyway....

GREAT SERVICE !!

Erik 1/11/14 4:42AM
  • Thank you guys so much for your prompt service on replacing my scope caps, free of charge, for my monarch scope. I have several nikon articles, rifle scopes thru cameras and love them all. My camera took quiet a beating in Viet Nam, in stride, and kept on working. I love your gear and will always purchase them.

Sincerely,
    Joe Wilkerson

Joe 11/9/13 11:45AM
  • I called on a Thursday morning. A customer service rep answered the phone right away. No wait. Didn't have to press a lot of numbers before being connected to a live person.
    Customer service rep was knowledgably and friendly.
    Over all good service!

Sofia 6/13/13 6:33AM
  • I wrote a review and comment yesterday 6/3/13 regarding Nikon camera warranty problems and customer service. By coincidence when I returned to the office from a trip yesterday, the camera was indeed returned and finally repaired despite all their internal communication problems and the significant delay. Their problem is poor communication and lack of timely feedback, but the overall comments yesterday are not actually relevant now since Nikon did in fact finally honor their repair warranty. Thus, please delete and remove my comments posted June 3, 2013. Please confirm same by reply email. Thank you.

Anonymous 6/5/13 12:14AM
  • Took my Nikon D300S for checkup and a missing Battery-grip cover. Nikon provided the cover free of charge. Checked the camera, found everything in order. Camera was returned after five days with no charge.

Malangbaba 1/19/13 2:10PM
  • My Nikon D700 shutter unit developed problems almost a year ago and was sent back to Nikon UK for repair via the retailer. Unfortunately the camera was out of warranty and cost me £670.OO to get it repaired. They did carry out some other work within this cost, including a clean.

In August this year the shutter started playing up again, and gradually deteriorated to the point where it became unusable.

I decided to bypass the retailer and contact Nikon UK direct via a form on their website. I was amazed at how quick they responded by email and to date I have received nothing but politeness and useful guidance. Regrettably, the shutter replacement carried out in January 2012 is out of repair warranty, but I was advised to send the camera in for investigation and that I could do this for free by completing a form on their website.

The camera was posted to them on Wednesday via Parcelforce, and today I have received emails from them to inform me that the camera has arrived and providing me with information on how to track what is happening regarding the repair.

At this point in time (2 Nov 2012)I cannot fault Nikon on their communication. It remains to be seen what happens from hereon yet it felt important to give them a thumbs up so far (especially to Lauren who has responded to all my emails at lightning speed).

Fernackerpan 11/2/12 9:29AM
  • I'm going to break the chain! This story has a HAPPY ENDING. I had trouble with a Coolpix 8100 and called Nikon. The tech had me try several things and then decided the camera should be sent in for repair so I shipped it off. It was received July 3 and there it sat. Whenever I checked, it was waiting for parts. I had an important vacation coming up and got nervous and called Nikon. They were courteous but told me that it was on hold for parts. Finally, within days of having to leave, I made several more calls and finally asked to talk to a supervisor. Edgar listened to my plea for help and said he'd do what he could to resolve the issue. I was delighted that a camera was shipped to me UPS Overnight and I received it the next day. Tomorrow I leave on vacation. Perfect timing. Thank you, Edgar, for making this possible.

Anonymous 8/4/12 10:20AM
  • Everytime I have called Nikkon for information, I have received a rapid and correct reply. I think their support team of the DSL series is sensational. I would buy the cameras for the technical service intelligence as much as the quality of the product

LTL 6/21/12 6:07AM
  • Thank you Erik (born in Conneticut) at Nikon in Dominican Repulic. You think outside the box - you helped me even though it had nothing to do with my wonderful Nikon CoolPix 500 (2). I appreciate you and your company. TY TY TY
    Connie Buchal from Minnesota!

Connie 6/7/12 3:30PM
  • I usually don't post comments, but figured I would give Nikon the recognition it deserves for this one. I was taking pictures with my D3100 DSLR and after reviewing the picture there were spaces on it that were flashing like a shadow. I very quickly explained just that and the customer service rep, Jose, told me what to do and it took care of my issue. So grateful for his expertise. Thanks Nikon! It was the highlight setting that had been changed.

woodard6 6/4/12 6:47PM
  • I have had Nikon Monarch Bionculars for 14 years. Whenever I have sent them back for repairs they have gone above and beyond and either repaired or replaced them with a comparable product at no charge to me. I would highly recommend this product as customer service is excellent. Tanner Griggs

Tanner 6/4/12 5:45PM
  • I was given a Nikon 5100 as a birthday gift. In reviewing the manual, I came across instructions that were not clear. I called Nikon support. Customer service responded at the first ring. The representative was pleasant, informative and patient. My issue was resolved within minutes. Nikon, thank you!!!

Anonymous 5/6/12 2:51PM
  • I just bought the Nikon p500 Dec 2011 and March 2012 the mode selector dial malfunctioned. I sent it into Nikon for service and was very impressed on how fast they turned it around (I requested it back quickly as I needed it back for a trip in a couple weeks.) However the dial was still not working. Upset and reluctant, I sent it back in (overnighted at my expense to expedite each time.) To my surprise, another quick turn around and it was a brand new camera. No questions. I was more than satisfied with the final resolution and outcome!

superma2 4/18/12 12:43PM
  • I can't believe the negative comments. I called for repair and was told they will pay for shipping both ways by one person and was kept to that...then wrote letter saying what is wrong with my camera, also said the I know you are a profitable, reputable company and that I know you will do everything you can to fix my camera under warrenty or I will have to buy a Kodak because they are cheaper. In 2wks. the camera was at my front door fix with no charge and no shipping charges. Cool! Thanks Nikon Coolpix! It pays to sweet talk. Happy customer.

Happy Customer 12/8/11 8:24PM
  • Recently purchased a D7000. Had taken approx. 750 JPEGs, a number of which I had editted using the in-camera "Retouch Menu". When trying to view images after taking my latest pics, I found that at least half of the pictures could not be accessed. Recovery software was able to get most of them back, which were subsequently saved to a CD. However, contacted Customer Service to find out what was causing the problem. Was able to connect with customer service right away and spoke to Manny in the Dom. Republic who was very helpful - suggesting several things which could be causing the problem. Was very happy with the customer service.

Anonymous 10/8/11 5:21PM
  • excellant service, received!

jonathan davis 9/29/11 12:32PM
  • My Nikon camera pictures came back just terrible! I thought it was the store developer's fault. When I discovered it was my camera I called Nikon support help and was very pleased by my technician's advise. Not only were we on the phone for what seemed like an hour, the camera is now in perfect working order!! Thank you Gustavo, G. I hope you get a raise!!!!
    Carole Nichols
    Alabama

carolenic62 4/6/11 3:43PM
  • On 4 Jan, 2011,I sent my 14 month old Nikon D-90 to Nikon for repair.Camera was rec'd at Nikon on 6 Jan. Serv Ord #5469543. On 14 Jan I was notified the repair estimate was $200.04.After talking to Customer Service,ie John, Joel, Jay,I was notified by Nikon that the repair would be handled under "Good Will" at no charge to me.I had informed Customer Service the camera had minimal use since I owned it and I requested that the repair be covered under warranty,which Nikon graciously did for me.Thank You for your understanding of my situation. Cudos to Nikon customer Service

Bob Nelson 1/30/11 12:34PM
  • Very helpful rep. I had two questions and he answered them in a couple of minutes. Thanks!

Anonymous 5/19/10 6:34AM
  • After 2 years of solid use of my D80 with a 80-300mm lens, I switched to a 70-200mm Nikkor lens I had bought with the camera and never put into service. From the outset, it was clearly mis-focusing and was hopelessly "soft" when manually focused. I contacted the Nikon Repair facility in El Segundo and was told that my 5-year warranty (which I had sent in at purchase) would cover any repairs. After the first repair, the problem was better, but still not right. They asked me to send the D80 body with the lens, at their expense, and took another whack at it, cleaning and adjusting the D80 at the same time for no charge. Again, better but not right. When I sent in the lens a third time, they conceded that the problem was too elusive for them to continue trying to fix, and they sent me a brand-new, updated (VRII) lens to replace it. I have been a Nikon user for more than 35 years, and now will be one for the rest of my career as a professional photographer. They were reachable by phone, completely approachable and sympathetic when contacted by email, and professional. My tip: Use their website first, and keep records of names, dates, and emails.

racingphotog 3/24/10 1:49PM
  • My D70 stopped working after 2 years
    sent it in and they fixed it( major parts and labor) for free. I would buy again.

Jim 9/27/09 11:39AM

Check out these popular comparisons of Nikon customer service versus other companies:
Nikon vs. Bushnell
Nikon vs. Canon
Nikon vs. Kodak
Nikon vs. Olympus
Nikon vs. Panasonic
Nikon vs. Pentax
Nikon vs. Sony
Nikon vs. Vanguard
Authorized representatives of Nikon can sign up to reply to any of the comments found on this page.

Service and Repair Support
800-645-6678
Nikon customer service phone number including steps to reach representatives, hours of operation, customer support links and more from ContactHelp.com.

Complete Nikon customer service phone numbers and contact information at ContactHelp.com

Locate the Nikon corporate office headquarters phone number, address and more at CorporateOfficeOwl.com.

Nikon corporate office headquarters information at CorproateOfficeOwl.com

Get immediate support for your Nikon questions from HelpOwl.com.

Receive immediate support for Nikon at HelpOwl.com

View thousands of Nikon user reviews and customer ratings available at ReviewOwl.com.

Nikon reviews and ratings at ReviewOwl.com

Nikon Manuals
Find free Nikon manuals and user guides available at ManualOwl.com.

Free Nikon manuals and user guides at ManualOwl.com

Nikon promises to replace defective D600 cameras in China
After the Chinese state broadcaster's program criticized Nikon for selling defective products and for poor customer service, the firm now plans to replace defective D600 cameras within three months, said the council. Consumers can call Nikon's after ...
Nikon to fix camera flaws cited by China state TV consumer show
The company was then lambasted by the People's Daily newspaper for arrogance and poor customer service. The SAIC followed by calling on local authorities to increase their supervision of clauses in Apple's warranty policies. Apple later changed its ...
Nikon, Apple, McDonald's Escape Unscathed From China Consumer Rights ...
Social media backlash following allegations about Apple's customer service discrimination in China snowballed for a couple weeks, as Apple tried to quietly resolve the issue. Increased anger on the issue from netizens finally resulted in a Chinese ...