Nintendo Customer Service

Nintendo customer service is ranked #4 out of the 706 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 146.39 out of a possible 200 based upon 49 ratings. This score rates Nintendo customer service and customer support as Satisfying.

Satisfying Overall Customer Service Rating
  • excuse me your wii remotes are spazes and i am very discouraged in playing my games because i know I will always loose because of your wii remotes , your remotes bring me sadness , unhappiness, and anger. i will not continue to buy any Nintendo products because of your inability to possess working wii remotes . you bring me down every time in decide to play a game involving any movement of the wii remote . your company is a discourage to every human being on the earth . I will sue if ypu do not make my wii happiness level sky rocket into a 10 because right now my happiness is about a 1.3 . to conclude this paragraph I would like to tell you that you are a fail and have a nice day thank u and byebye

nicole 1/25/14 12:29PM
  • Nintendo SUCKS BIG TIME on fixing anything while it's still under WARRANTY they really should be ashamed of themselves trying to make me pay for a repair on a DSL XL from my opening and closing the device.

c_kx3 11/22/13 3:28PM
  • I sure wish I knew about my warranty being expired. What date should I expect to start my renewal for the nintendo wii program.

Anonymous 9/28/13 12:40PM
  • I sent back a nintendo DSI which I had checked out before I sent it back. There was no evidence of being in water once nintendo got the game their excuse for not repairing it was that there was evidence of water damage. If there was evidence of water damage it would have been visible . Product was defective. since 1 st week of use... I will never purchase their products for my grandchildren again....

bvarner 8/31/13 3:50PM
  • Only contacted a customer support representative by email at this time. Though I voiced genuine concerns over a couple of Club Nintendo issues (one v minor for their info only, the other more major, which could potentially corrupt my account) I received rude, unhelpful replies, even when I suggested possible diagnosis steps for the 2nd issue.
    I have asked for the issues to be forwarded to the helpdesk line manager, but have heard nothing back as yet.

mje2k 7/9/13 5:10AM
  • this place wont awnser so i dont know what to do when i cant find my nintendo 3ds games but still have the cases . :( -_-

miss banana 6/25/13 1:09PM
  • I had the same issue with my Nintendo ds not reading the games after 3 months of purchase. They came up with a adapter issue which it did not have to begin with. Then they had the edacity to charge me 82.00 dollars for the original problem it had and the one they made up or caused. After reading all the same complaints I think they are sending a signal or something to the game to cause this problem. I will never purchase anything from this company again and as soon as I receive the game back from them its going to the trash. The warranty is a sham and their nothing but liars and thieves!

ne56 6/13/13 12:40PM
  • I have mixed feelings about my customer service experience with Nintendo.

First off, let me say that I LOVE Nintendo products. Over the years we have purchased and owned every single console that they have released without incident. So I was confident I was making the right choice when I decided to buy my daughter a Nintendo DSi for Christmas.

At first, it worked as expected, but after a month of owning it we went to play a newly purchased game and the console was not recognizing that a game cartridge was inserted. We tried other games that had previously worked, and got the same response.

I looked online to see if there were any remedies and was directed to call customer service, which I did. I spoke to a wonderful woman who was extremely helpful and understanding. and instructed me on how to submit the DSi for repair. So that particular customer service experience with Nintendo was extremely pleasant and positive.

Fast forward a week. I checked my inbox and noticed I had an e-mail from Nintendo stating that the reason for the DSi not recognizing games was deemed to be physical damage and they wanted $95.00 in order to fix it and ship it back. This presented 2 issues.

#1. I knew there was no way my child could have physically damaged the system as she was never permitted to play with the system unless supervised by myself or my husband.

#2. The $95 repair fee is obscene considering the that the actual retail price of the unit is $99, and they can often be found on sale as low as $69 (what I paid).

I called customer service to get information on what issues they found that lead them to believe that the system was physically damaged.

I spoke to a man who was professional enough, but quite condescending in that he basically made me feel like a villain and told me in not so many words that one way or another we broke the console and would be responsible for the costs.

I stated that wasn't a satisfactory resolution given the above, he offered to take $20 off the repair fee, which would have still left me paying $75....still more than I paid to purchase the console.

He said that was all he could do for me, so I requested to speak to someone who could do more for me and was put on hold for his supervisor.

I must state that during the entire conversation I was extremely pleasant and calm, but firm.

The same customer service representative came back after a few minutes of me being on hold and notified me that he has spoken with his supervisor and was authorized to do a one time Non-Warranty repair at no cost to us.

I am extremely pleased that that was the final outcome, but displeased that I was made to feel like I was somehow scamming the company. It's faithful customers such as myself who continue to pour money into the company that keep a company such as this one thriving. To insult and alienate us does nothing to secure future customer and brand loyalty.

Customer 247 2/6/13 12:14PM
  • PPL JUST PISS ME OFF.. Nintendo has CRAP customer service.. My son's 3ds has had a problem with the touch screen since 6 months from the date we purchased it. .I have called in three times and I told them the problem was intermittent.. they said if the unit is not malfunctioning at the time of service there is probably nothing they can do.. The last time I called (before today) I was assured that because I called before the wty period was up that if I had the same problem that my unit would be fixed under WTY.. Today they are telling me .. no more wty.. don't care that I have called and reported it TWO separate times. AND it will be $100 plus tax for them to look at it. I can buy a new one for $150.. that is how they TRAP you.. NINTENDO YOU SUCK!

PJCoolidge 1/30/13 9:43AM
  • I have had constant issues with my system. I can't even get through to Nintendo. I just get a busy signal when calling the number. I'm starting to hate them...

sonicdude10 12/26/12 11:39AM
  • It dint work for me!!!

Anonymous 6/24/12 9:45AM
  • The charging prong for my son's 3DS fell off 4 months after we purchased it. Sent it in to Nintendo for repair and got an email saying it wasn't covered by warranty. Called customer service for an explanation and the first rep hung up on me. Called again and after 30 minutes of arguing I finally held my nose and paid for a repair that should have been covered by warranty. They charged me $50 for a part that sells on ebay for $5.00. Took 2 weeks to get back and when it did get back they forgot to include the SD memory card. So now all of my son's eshop games and save states are gone. I am done with Nintendo. Absolutely the worst customer service experience of my life.

ragincajun77 6/13/12 7:06AM
  • Kayce was a total douch very immature, and very inexperienced. This is one of the worse customer service for Nintendo 3ds

stacylve 12/31/11 11:09AM
  • ok so my best bet would be to take the game back because it should still be under warranty i had the same problem with the crappy tech support so i tried spending $4 to get it resurfaced, worked for like 20 mins, then took a dump again, and i took the game back got a different one of same game, works perfectly i have gotten over 5 hours of gameplay off it and have beat the game a few times, so my best option: return the game and exchange it for a new one of the same thing, if still no results, then just get a different game and no stress over mario =]

whaahh taaahhh 12/9/10 3:23PM
  • I bougth wii console & Game

I have problems with the disk the console cant read it but I have more disk and the console work well

I send the console & game to the technical support ( Tec data) and they spend more than 35 days to fix it

When I test the Game the fail was the same I call to them and I recive a extremely rude service by ( irma Lopez ) the call center assistance and she told me layer

I splain that I have the same problems with my game and she told me that is was fix it ..

I asked to her to talk with her Boss Wilberto Canales and told me the same the problem is your disk

the game has only 1 hrs to use and has finger print I lean with coton clotes ,

but they said your disk was scratched
    I told him I going to call to WII USA

He told if you want I going to pick it again the console and game ( other 35 days no thanks )

I they send to me with the tech , support and the same convesation ..

Please I bougth a Super Mario Bross Game
    I respect the Nintendo and wii but the service that i recived was Extremely Rude .

Thanks for you help

Hugo Uribe 10/6/10 11:03AM
  • Viewing positive Nintendo customer service ratings
  • Nintendo has the greatest customer service.
    Thanks man.

Boink! 4/2/14 12:52PM
  • I never had a problem with Nintendo and I have been using their products and services for over 20 years. Based on the negative comments that look like they were written by 5 year olds, they don't seem to know anything about the products and think everything was somehow nintendo's fault. I'm sure their kids broke their stuff and they think Nintendo should cover the costs. That's not how warranties work.

Anonymous 11/3/13 12:27PM
  • Fixed my Nintendo Wii for a reasonable price when it broke. Sent me free games, and random surprises in the mail for registering products.

Anonymous 5/6/13 2:56PM
  • Called Nintendo Customer Support today. Didn't even have to wait a second, I was already talking with the guy who helped me. Even though I speak English very terrible, he understood me perfectly.

Anonymous 5/1/13 4:14AM
  • I called customer service and they answered right away. They were very pleasant and helpful.

1pastor 4/24/13 12:54PM
  • I had to call twice in one day LOL but the people i spoke to helped me ! It dint take long and all very nice people ! They know what there doing !!

Anonymous 4/23/13 1:07PM
  • UPDATE: I did send our unit in for the intermittent touch screen problem and Nintendo did replace our unit with a (what I am sure is a refurbished) unit, at no charge. All seems to be in good working order. I was happy with the emailing of what was happening and that they had received my unit and when it was coming back to us. The UPS shipment was on the exact date they said it would be.

The only downside.. I wish there were some kind of paperwork showing what the problem was. They did say that the problem was repaired/or unit replaced..but did not tell me what they found the problem to be. Other than that this was a good outcoming. Exactly as it should have been from the beginning. Thank you Nintendo!

PJCoolidge 2/18/13 9:42AM
  • I have mixed feelings about my customer service experience with Nintendo.

Nintendo Customer 427 2/6/13 11:55AM
  • AFTER leaving my comments earlier today I received a call back from NICK in Nintendo customer service.. They will honor my previous calls and do the repairs under wty for me. AND that the customer service rep I talked to earlier today SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME THE SAME THING. I will keep you all posted. I THANK Nintendo for following up.

PJCoolidge 1/30/13 6:40PM
  • Great customer service, got insight away, and answers right away.

Anonymous 12/9/12 6:16PM
  • I had my Nintendo 3DS shipped to them to have a button problem fixed. They returned it good as new and even renewed my warranty. Shipping took its time but that's just UPS. When I wanted info about the shipment from a rep the wait line was virtually nonexistent and I was talking to someone in no time. They helped me with my concern and even gave me the tracking order number to allow me to follow its course. Needless to say I was very impressed.

captpan6 10/21/12 9:55PM
  • My call got answered in under a minute and My Wii was back connected to my internet in under 20mins so I'm as happy as can be.

Tiaradw 10/9/12 1:07PM
  • Great customer service right here! My N64 still works as it did day 1.

N64 forever. 10/6/12 2:00AM
  • My wiimote plus came defected(no sound) so I call Nintendo for help, the representative was helpful and professional. Issue was solve very quickly.

iceellen 9/7/12 3:33PM
  • WOW! What excellent customer service!! I was only on hold less than a minute and was able to talk to someone that I could actually understand. Thank you for that. If other companies did this it would make my world a lot happier.

Auti 8/17/12 2:32PM
  • omg nintendo has the most satisfying custumor service i have ever witness. called in about my dsi being logged they said no problem just send it in and we will give u a new one. they gave me a brand new dsi and i was verry satisfied ^_^

xboxdude(dont ask y) 8/13/12 4:18PM
  • I recently experience one of the quickest. for better word outstanding service. the tech was knowledgeable ,pleasant and very understanding. walked me right through my issuies. A+

bigdeal 8/6/12 6:03AM
  • The customer service representative was so very helpful! She fixed the WII in a matter of seconds. She knew exactly what the problem was. The WII would not start and no power was going to it. Just a single step and we were working again!

repeatplayer 7/21/12 2:30PM
  • My call was answered fairly quickly, when I did have to wait, the hold music was Zelda! LOVED IT!

Onisi 6/21/12 12:50PM
  • perfect customer survive friendly, hold was only about 2 minutes and gave me the exactly the help i needed.

wiiplaya14 6/8/12 4:01PM
  • I personally love nintendo. They were really good at repairing my DS and it was really good value as well. Thank you nintendo, you rock :)

Anonymous 5/25/12 7:29AM
  • My call was directed to someone right away and the customer service was excellent, He (James) was very helpful and knew what he was talking about. I got all my problems sorted out very fast

Anonymous 1/29/12 3:15PM
  • really great, helped find problem with wii and what to do for a low cost

jaket 1/17/12 7:23PM
  • Very positive experience with Nintendo's customer service. I got a prompt reply and the problem was solved in less than 24 hours. Great customer service. I will definitely be buying more Nintendo products in the future.

waterisgood 1/6/12 11:51PM
  • The customer rep was very friendly, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful.

Anonymous 12/28/11 9:31AM
  • As an employee of Nintendo, I can personally say that working here is one of the most awesome experiences ever. As a rep I strive to make every consumer I speak to as happy as the day they purchased their first Nintendo system. AMAZING!

Anonymous 3/31/12 2:34PM

Check out these popular comparisons of Nintendo customer service versus other companies:
Nintendo vs. Apple
Nintendo vs. Roku
Nintendo vs. Sony
Nintendo vs. Xbox
Nintendo vs. YouTube
Authorized representatives of Nintendo can sign up to reply to any of the comments found on this page.

800-255-3700
Nintendo customer service phone number including steps to reach representatives, hours of operation, customer support links and more from ContactHelp.com.

Complete Nintendo customer service phone numbers and contact information at ContactHelp.com

Locate the Nintendo corporate office headquarters phone number, address and more at CorporateOfficeOwl.com.

Nintendo corporate office headquarters information at CorproateOfficeOwl.com

Get immediate support for your Nintendo questions from HelpOwl.com.

Receive immediate support for Nintendo at HelpOwl.com

View thousands of Nintendo user reviews and customer ratings available at ReviewOwl.com.

Nintendo reviews and ratings at ReviewOwl.com

Nintendo Manuals
Find free Nintendo manuals and user guides available at ManualOwl.com.

Free Nintendo manuals and user guides at ManualOwl.com

Nintendo: Mario Kart 8 Launch Date Has Not Changed
According to this, the release date becomes somewhere near mid-April if you order it right now. To confirm its authenticity, one of the NeoGAF users decided to talk to Amazon customer support. The person on the live chat confirmed that the product is ...
Batman: Arkham Origins DLC for Wii U version Cancelled, Refunds Offered
A post from Nintendo customer support further cemented this news. It has also been agreed that people who have purchased the Seasons Pass will be given a refund. "Based on demand for Downloadable Content on the system, Warner Bros. Interactive ...
Top 5 Nintendo Wii U Problems Include Freezing, GamePad
If the console does not boot up properly after waiting a few minutes before restarting, immediately contact Nintendo customer service as your console may need to be replaced. Reset your Nintendo Wii U by turning off the console for two minutes ...