Ryobi Customer Service

Ryobi customer service is ranked #387 out of the 705 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 32.85 out of a possible 200 based upon 64 ratings. This score rates Ryobi customer service and customer support as Disappointing.

• Viewing Ryobi customer service complaints
  • In a pinch I purchased a RP4450 4volt LED flashlight from Home Depot. I'm. HVAC Tech and I've enjoyed the evolving technology around the many uses of LED's. Depot was totally depleted of stock on flash lights but I spotted the Ryobi saw the specs 220 lumen. Didnt like the bulkyness but was as said " In A Pinch Late As It Was For. Call" so I bought it.

Ryobi Engineer's what are you guys doing? Seriously this is not a flashlight for a service man... My first clue was the awkward on off switch! You need a fricken flashlight to find it because its built smooth into the handle. You can't feel it you've got to see the star printed to turn it off and on.

But it gets worse... No lanyard, no ring to hand it, no way to stabilize it from rolling....

A great bright flashlight for the kitchen drawer but that's about it.

AllTemp 3/24/14 1:56AM
  • I bought a Ryobi weed wackier powerhead because first won wouldn't start had it less than two years same thing hard starting and finally when starts if you give it gas it dies very unhappy service center wants $35 to look at it and then $65hour to fix it total$100 it only cost $79 might as well throw it out poor quality never buy one again anf tell everybody I can not to buy one GARBAGE.horrible lawn tool my number is maybe someone can tell me why your tools break so easy

Anonymous 2/17/14 10:09AM
  • Ryobi hp41L 4V cordless drill is junk as you can not buy replacement battery for unit. they want you to spend more$$$$$ on another of there non repairable produces.
    try craftsmans , at least they will stand by their produces

agokee 2/10/14 10:56AM
  • I work in a store that carries your products. We had a customer Mr. Tony Payne who lives in Tunnel Hill, GA and tried to call in on the Ryobi Charger P113 which is in recall. Instead of being helping the lady he got in customer service (which would not give her name to our customer) yelled at him and told him we were mistaken in the store. He said she kept getting louder. Upon my calling back to Ryobi I got a different person. He said it was not in the date code. I told him about our customer and he gave me the names of the supervisors Becky and Brandi. The customer then called and got the same woman who refused to allow my customer to even speak with the supervisor. She told him that they had no issue with him. This customer was very upset and thus this has to be handled on the store level. Whether the charger was not in the realm of the re-call, this associate had no right to yell and refuse my customer to talk with any supervisor. This is very bad customer service. Thank you.

Anonymous 1/16/14 12:33PM
  • Purchased a 2 cycle weed eater from home depot. Burnt a piston on 10th use. Figured maybe I did something wrong. Purchased a second one and the muffler screws snapped in half, half way through season. Can't get the stubs out. What is it with your products?

complaint 1/7/14 10:28AM
  • Ryobi batteries are the worst I have ever had. Their ability to hold a charge has been the absolute pits! If you don't use it immediately they go dead. This has been the norm since I purchased them at Home Depot. Dewalt or Sears beat them hands down. (At least my first battery drill purchased at Sears lasted for a number of years. Dewalt still is the leader for longevity and power.

Peeved 1/2/14 4:26PM
  • Avoid Ryobi P100 18 Volt Batteries At All Costs! I Have 6 Of Them And They Wont Hold A Charge For More Than 5 Days. My "drillmaster" Batteries On The Other Hand Will Hold A Charge For At Least 6 Months, Maybe More. Db

Anonymous 1/2/14 1:03PM
  • Under one of Ryobi's current recalls I have tried to get my battery charger replaced, only to be told several times they are currently experiencing problems with the system have been told again to wait 7 to 10 days. If I had to make a living off their tools I would be out of business. I tried to talk to a customer service representative manager only to be put on voicemail. My journey began November 6 and looks like possibly will go into next year. Their service department reflects what their products are. There are many companies that make DC operated equipment, and I maintain it's the service personnel and how it represents itself that distinguishes it from being an honorable reputable company, which unfortunately after several Ryobi tools, this will be my last.

go go 12/19/13 1:16PM
  • A whipper snipper is perfectly useless if I have no screw to attatch the bump head to the shaft.
    Thanks for the let down.
    Your product is going back to the retailer tomorrow.

Anonymous 12/11/13 3:46AM
  • I bought a Ryobi jig saw,
    model # J S 481l. All of a suddwen I can't change blades because the slot in the holder head will not return to a front facing position
    but remains at about 30 degrees off center. Home Depot people are no help, the last one said oh well! that's tough and walked off. any ideas?

Anonymous 11/26/13 7:50AM
  • What a disaster. Ryobi's handling of the P113 battery charger recall is the worst we have ever experienced. A month later we still don't have a replacement. Every time you call they have a different "procedure" for how to get yours and return the bad one. This morning I spoke to a Customer Service Rep (moving up the chain from the basic recall assistants) and she was the rudest yet. She should be terminated -- wouldn't even let me explain just wanted to transfer me to some handling the recall -- never got her to understand they were the ones who transferred me to her!!!!!! I thought Customer Service Reps were supposed to LISTEN and attempt to resolve. Well good luck with this crowd!!!!!

Anonymous 11/22/13 8:53AM
  • Purchased a SS26 weed whacker and used it 4 times and the spool of line ran out. Tried to follow instructions for re lining the reel and couldn't do it. Decided to try re spooling the trimmer and couldn't remove the plastic spool cover. So before destroying the unit I called the help line. There response was I needed three men and 2 channel locks to take it off. lol seriously. Tried this and couldn't remove it. Then I took it back to Home Depot (30 mi drive each way) There tech took 40 minutes and a vise and strap wrench to undo the reel. By this time the plastic cover was totally stripped out. Now I have a different line unit through only the help of Home Depot. But out of time to try this one. Never again will I purchase from Ryobi.

sam 9/30/13 5:34AM
  • Purchased lithium battery string trimmer from HD. Product was returned under warranty program to a Home Depot repair center. It has been one month and the product has not even been serviced. Called Ryobi. They have no control over the repair process. Called Home Depot. They will give me updates on the status of my string trimmer. Basically, I do not have any idea what is actually going on with this process.

Anonymous 9/4/13 7:31AM
  • Customer service rep not helpful at all. Authorized service center A & C small engine very rude and dishonest

BanRyobi 8/15/13 7:37AM
  • Ryobi is the worst company ever. Our weed eater was leaking oil and ryobi said they wouldn't cover it because we dropped it or something. We had only used it 3-4 times and never dropped it! So, I tell the service center that I do not want it fixed, to put it back together and I will pick it up. I go to pick up the weed eater and the guy throws it in the back of my truck. When I got home, I realized that they didn't even put the motor back together. I call the Ryobi service center and they said they couldn't and wouldn't do anything about it because I called and said not to fix it! The warranty is fraud and I will never buy Ryobi again!

Cristina 7/25/13 7:40PM
  • I purchased a Ryobi T430 wheeled trimmer 3 months ago, have only used it 3 times because it cuts the line after only a couple of minutes of use. You can feel how sharp it is where the line comes out. Checked others at the Home Depot and they are all the same (or worse!)

Anonymous 7/19/13 4:58PM
  • Ryobi weed eater model RY28040 is not worth the money, does not hold up. Line feeders don't work, do not have an air filter and customer service sucks. Eight weeks to have repairs done. Do not recommend.

Bill 6/26/13 5:39PM
  • Batteries are crap! Have had 2 sets, neither lasted much over a year - supposedly have a 3 year warranty but not worth the hassle of doing the exchange! Will throw my tops in the junk pile and go back to DeWalt for my cordless tops!
    PS - Am sending batteries to your recycle program.

dusty burton 6/1/13 7:03AM
  • Ryobi uses rubber hoses on their equipment that ethanol gas eats through. This is why many of you including myself after one season of use the equipment fails. i bought the 99 dollar two cycle blower and the ethanol ate through the hoses is the gas tank the tank replacement was 1778 plus 12 dollars in shipping. Making it one third the costs of a new unit. Ryobi has been made aware of this issue on more than one occassion and will not provide replacement costs to their customers! Stay away from this company!

Ryobi technician 5/17/13 7:03AM
  • Purchased an 18v autofeed trimmer last year & worked great but this year it wouldn't autofeed. Exchanged for a new one which worked fine just once and now that doesn't feed. Will return and purchase a different brand as Ryobi is not a quality brand.

Anonymous 5/16/13 6:15AM
  • I have the Ryobi HP41L small 4 volt drill motor whose battery has died and contrary to what is in the user's manual the battery is not replacable. The user's manual goes to great lenghts to explain how to open the drill up and disconnect the batery and also goes on to tell you that the batteries will not last forever and will have to be replaced. However, the parts department and technical service tell you that this unit is designed to be competely disposable. Talk about a waste of resources. Unfortunately, this was a very handy unit for getting into sdmall spaces but if there was ever a bad design, this is it.

Anonymous 5/13/13 9:07AM
  • I bought a hand-sander, a Ryobi NS-40. Nice tool, but a clamper wore out. I have bought lots of Ryobi tools and still use them, but if this is going to be the way things are, then Ryobi will not be my choice, ever again.
    Period.

I have to buy another clamper for my NS-40, and found Ryobi does not honor their replacement parts. They are "solly, no rogner avairabre".

I will only buy USA-made tools from now on.
    Ryobi -- you lost a customer.

skeffr 5/12/13 9:09AM
  • I have several Ryobi tools.Your power tools are great but your 2 stroke engines leave a lot to be desired.I have 3 off your 2 strokes & ihave had nothing but grief from them.If I donot receive an answer I will never recommend Ryobi again.I am sick & tired of pulling my shoulder out trying to start them.

ryeoell 5/11/13 2:13AM
  • 36 volt lawn mower used to mow 250 sq meter lawn 3 times now will not start. go to Ryobi site no help and the contact us option does not open
    I am very disappointed as I have a lot of there products that have worked well, but they do not want to know if you have a problem

Bill 5/10/13 11:29PM
  • The people at Home Depot sold me a RY40100A cordless lawn mower without a battery and charger and then they told me Ryobi doesn't have the battery anymore....wow...I have a new cordless mower without a battery or charger.

klj 5/1/13 8:41PM
  • THIS IS ABOUT HOME DEPOT. I HAVE NEVER HAD TO DEAL WITH RYOBI ON ANY TOOL PURCHASES!!I have been buying Ryobi tools and batteries for some time. I have stuck with them because of my local HomeDepot, not Ryobi. My local HomeDepot has exchanged every battery or tool on the spot, it the date code is within the warranty period. They have never asked for a receipt. I have just taken in the item that does not work and when they look at the date code, if it is within 2 or 3 years from manufacture date, they just open up a new one and hand it too me. NOT OTHER STORE has done this for me on any tool or product for that matter.

idoicu 12/8/13 5:14AM
  • just bought cordless edger, asked store staff to add additional spool to my basket. got home and saw it cost $20! if I bought 3 more, it would equal cost of edger. These rolls are not only small, they do not say anywhere how long they are.
    I tried to contact Robyi's site and instead of letting me write them, they kept kicking out of the contact page to show me page after page of their products. I am returning both products to Home Depot and going to a product that I know and trust. Each little spool of the refills can't have more than 10ft but these greedy people don't have ethics to even tell you, just overcharge. thank god I only have to deal with Home Depot to return products, these Robyi people apparently don't want their customers contacting them.

Linda 4/5/13 3:17PM
  • I made a complaint about my 4-cycle trimmer that had broken, replaced and broke again. I was a very unhappy customer. Their rep Mr Nolin emailed me and called me. His service and promptness was amazing. I have not seen this in a company in years. I am more than pleased with his service.

shirley76065 12/12/12 9:24AM
  • I have three power drills, my Ryobi is the best, most power, longest run time and with no hands holds the screw. The only problem is we got a bad battery right out of the box. I called on a Thursday got through the first time and a customer service person (Matt) had us a new one at our door Saturday morning. Doesn't get better than that hese days. Gold star service.

Anonymous 8/8/12 2:45PM

Check out these popular comparisons of Ryobi customer service versus other companies:
Ryobi vs. Bosch
Ryobi vs. Ridgid
Ryobi vs. Toro
Ryobi vs. Worx
Ryobi vs. Yamaha
Authorized representatives of Ryobi can sign up to reply to any of the comments found on this page.

800-525-2579
Ryobi customer service phone number including steps to reach representatives, hours of operation, customer support links and more from ContactHelp.com.

Complete Ryobi customer service phone numbers and contact information at ContactHelp.com

Locate the Ryobi corporate office headquarters phone number, address and more at CorporateOfficeOwl.com.

Ryobi corporate office headquarters information at CorproateOfficeOwl.com

Get immediate support for your Ryobi questions from HelpOwl.com.

Receive immediate support for Ryobi at HelpOwl.com

View thousands of Ryobi user reviews and customer ratings available at ReviewOwl.com.

Ryobi reviews and ratings at ReviewOwl.com

Ryobi Manuals
Find free Ryobi manuals and user guides available at ManualOwl.com.

Free Ryobi manuals and user guides at ManualOwl.com

xpedx spotlights Ryobi 920 Multicolor Press
He also noted that every printer who buys a RYOBI press gets access to the full range of business and technical support from xpedx locations in the US and ...
Is your cordless drill a fire hazard? 455000 Ryobi drills recalled.
Consumers should stop using the recalled Ryobi Cordless Drill immediately and contact Ryobi customer service at (800) 597-9624.
Ryobi Drill Recall Initiated on 455000 Cordless Power Drills
For more information on this drill recall you can contact Ryobi customer service at (800) 597-9624 between 10 am and 7 pm EST during the week.