Sports Authority Customer Service

Sports Authority customer service is ranked #151 out of the 708 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 51.46 out of a possible 200 based upon 115 ratings. This score rates Sports Authority customer service and customer support as Disappointing.

• Viewing Sports Authority customer service complaints
  • Waited at sports authority while three people waited at the register and I asked to return something. All three people were attending to the same person!

Anonymous 4/14/14 10:22AM
  • In Omaha Nebraska-The Sunday newââ?¬â?¢s ad offered a $10.00 coupon for purchases over $50.00. I purchased a pair of running shoes and when checking out gave the coupon to the cashier. He took the coupon. I asked if he had applied the coupon and he said yes.

While on my way home I discovered he did not apply the coupon. I called the store and was told to come in and the receipt would be credited. The next day I made the trip across town and the store manager refused to give me the credit. He stated the coupon states the any item with code #97 is excluded from the ad! I am furious! There is no way for me the consumer to know your codes and if you pull the newspaper ad-the print does mention this however as a consumer, the ad did not say ââ?¬Å?limited to specific codesââ?¬Â?. Codes that are unreadable to the consumer not to mention I would have no idea what your ad policy is. The manager was rude and made a note about the cashier, I guess he was not happy with his customer service. I disputed with the store manager and he was unwilling to honor the coupon. This store is located In Omaha Nebraska. The West Maple store. I have shopped at Sports Authority for a long time. I was a General Manager for 45 individuals. Believe me if $10.00 was going to loose a customer I would have over ridden it. In refusing to do this-you have lost my business. I was there to purchase a swim suit. We have a villa in Mexico and were looking for a kaiak, and other items to use in the ocean. I informed the manager at that store that you have lost my business. In addition, when leaving the store, I gave my coupon to a customer coming into the store. I hope he did not receive the poor service I did. I would like to mention that the number of customers during several visits is low. Perhaps additional training for the staff checking is in need. Also-remove the tv at the checkout. Employees are not focused on the customer when they can watch the latest

Leslie Bender 4/4/14 5:24AM
  • NEVER...NEVER deal with this company in any way but with cash...IF YOU ABSOULUTELY HAVE TO!!!
    I bought 1 item from them and signed up for their email to get my receipt. I then started receiving an email a day, sometimes 2 a day. After about a month of that, I decided to unsubscribe. I have now unsubscribed 8 times and still receive emails from them 1-2 times a day.

Boscatman 2/4/14 7:32AM
  • Hello, I am a return customer and would like to be. However, I went online to give my feedback for a certain associate to give positive comments and I only had a receipt that the lady at the register gave me and it had no time listed on the receipt so apparently I was unable to complete this feed back.. ,but I had typed in the whole transaction number..correctly.. I think this info should be sufficient to give the comment and it would not allow me. This particular associate showed concern and great knowledge regarding my ski rentals and explained everything in such a nice way I would have loved to give that store and him a good review. Thank you for your attention to this matter. Salaam wa laykum Peace be Upon You All. M. Parsons

M. Parsons 2/2/14 11:11AM
  • Went to by a taylormade driver on clearance. It was marked $149.00. I left town for a week came back and you were taking 25% off clearance items that ended in .97. I went to purchase it thinking you would take the 25% off and I was told that was 25% off. The girl said it was now 199.00 and 149.00 was 25% off. Pretty sorry for you to mark it back you to 199. IT WAS A DISHONEST TRICK AN i WILL NO LONGER SHOP AT THE WACO STORE. they have always treated us right but this was sorry.

I have left another email and have had no reply.
    I have called no one ever picked up.
    I have left a message and no return call

fred 1/8/14 9:18AM
  • I have been calling since the day after Christmas. They have not answer the phone not even once. After holding for 20 minutes it makes you leave a message for call back. I have left 3. I have not received on call back.

Anonymous 1/7/14 8:22AM
  • TERRIBLE customer service in the Hyannis store - have spent thousands of dollars here in the past and will not spend one penny in the future!! Very rude girl would not help with a return with a receipt - plenty of other places would have been much more accommodating and will get my business. Hyannis manager really needs to get a grip on his customer service!

ccviking 12/29/13 12:28PM
  • I ordered items from Toys Rus online and somehow Sports Authority received the order instead of Toys Rus. Toys Rus has no record of the order only Sports Authority. Sports Authority acknowledges that the order was placed thru Toys rus. Each time I call they say a supervisor will call me. Three weeks now and still no call. Unfortunately, part of the order was placed using a gift card. I just want the gift card refunded.

Anonymous 12/18/13 6:28PM
  • Dear Sports Authority,

At approximately 2:30 pm on Sunday the 8th I attempted to by a bench from your store Your staff seemed confused about how to sell me the bench and called for backup. They could not come up with a price for it and asked me to stand off to one side in the checkout line. I just wanted to buy a bench from your sports store for whatever price your staff could come up with but they were unable to come up with a price. Your staff made it clear to me that I was a major inconvenience to them so I left.

Sincerely, Dan

Dan 12/8/13 3:14PM
  • I ordered 4 pair of shorts. Only one was correct color. Then there is a big disclaimer that it can't be returned to store, have to repackage and bring to UPS place to ship back and pray that they actually refund the money.

Anonymous 11/23/13 8:52AM
  • Tried to return defective running Flex2 Nikes purchase 5 mos ago. After sprinting once noticed holes in the mesh on both size. Store wouldn't accept them and said Nike will blame size. Buying a wide would be to spacious, especially for running. Shoes may show manufacturers defects in 3-6 mos but SA will not replace. 30 days life is all you're guaranteed for.

Anonymous 11/22/13 3:59PM
  • Unprofessional staff! I believe corperate trains management to be rude and unhelpful. There is three locations near me and there all the same. I'll NEVER shop at Sports Authority again! Oh by the way what good is a store coupon that excludes every brand of merchandise they offer? I believe that's referred to as the old "bait and switch". Again I'll never give Sports Authority another red cent again! The only decent employees I have dealt with in all three location was the young teenage cashiers. Not because they were helpful but that they were obviously not yet corrupted by a sub par retail store. I will find great satisfaction watching this company go out of buisness in the near future.

EX Sports Authority Customer 11/7/13 7:05PM
  • agresive,rude and patetic costumer service

evis 8/19/13 11:57PM
  • I'm writing the letter to express my concern with the poor and unpleasant quality of customer service when I went shopping at the Sports Authority store at around 3:30pm on Sunday, August 4, at your 110 Odendhal Ave., Gaithersburg, MD location. Here is my concern:

As I first stepped into the store, I was immediately accosted by a sales representative in an icy tone and told that I should “drop my backpack aside” before entering the store. I was shocked to hear such a 'greeting' claiming that 'it is the policy of the store'. Given the fact that I was carrying valuable electronic belongings in my backpack, for which I would never leave it aside to strangers, I decided not to shop within.

Instead, I waited near the entrance for my friend to proceed inside and purchase a few tennis accessories. Five minutes later, another customer who was carrying a small backpack walked in and was treated in the same manner. He was also told to take off his personal belonging before going in to shop. I heard the customer tell the sales representative that he had an iPad in his backpack and he did not want to place it next to the cashier counter.

Surprisingly, the sales representative replied to this customer saying he could not proceed unless he placed his backpack aside. The customer finally succumbed and left his backpack next to the cashier counter.
    Indeed, I have never had shopping experiences in which I was asked to sabotage my personal belongings unwillingly, regardless of the brands of the stores. I understand the security issue and it is exactly the reason why security gates were installed at the entrance of stores. It is also understandable that some stores have hired security guards for to enhance security. But -- it is different and completely unacceptable that customers are required to leave their personal belongings next to the unattended area of the store despite the fact that the cashiers claimed that they would "always" be there and the belongings would be safe.
    And what if you employees and some unsavory staff who might tamper with a customer’s personal belongings?

It’s terrible and inexcusable that you should shift “risk” from your own store to the customer, especially when employees are asked to monitor possessions that could have valuables inside. There are times, when the cashier has actually left the cashier counter to guide other customers to the aisle. Obviously, I witnessed such a case on Sunday.
    If such policy was meant to protect the assets of the store, who should be responsible for protecting customers' personal belongings? How can your team members assure that customers' belongings would be kept safely in such circumstances? It simply made customers feel uncomfortable shopping in this 'unsecured' environment. Furthermore, it could even be interpreted as racial profiling if the policy were not implemented with cultural sensitivity and professionalism. I strongly think the policy should be changed. It would have been implemented more sensibly if 'coat check service' is offered where there is a designated, guarded area of customers' belongings.

However, the service received today was absolutely beyond my comprehension and highly regarded as personal insult. While the circumstance appeared to represent a small unpleasant experience of an ordinary and unnamed customer, it is likely that it is simply a tip of the iceberg and there are many other similar experiences happened at other stores if the same policy were strictly implemented. Unfortunately, Sports Authority has already lost the confidence and shopping incentive of this particular customer and I would never return to Sports Authority. Also, I'm going to write a review in an online forum to share my insulting experience with other customers. The consequence can indeed be spread deeper than you thought and I’ve already seen many bad reviews of your stores online.

I do hope that the incident would be taken seriously and the customer service team can realize that ‘every service counts’. I wish that they would enhance their services in a more professional manner in future. The Sports Authority should carefully review policies before implementing them, even if those policies are in (apparent) low-volume stores with seemingly ill-trained employees. You undermine your whole brand when people from neighboring markets, like myself who lives in Chevy Chase, witness what you do in other neighborhoods.

Thank you for your attention and professionalism

Sincerely,
    Kevin C.

Kevin C 8/5/13 9:16AM
  • Very disappointed this morning. Saw the ad for tennis balls today. Went to the Waikele store on Oahu in the morning. Salesperson said that one person bought it and now they are out. How can you list something for sale and not have the product? Also, I asked a cashier to tell me how much credit I had left on my store credit card. He said it was old and when he tried it there was nothing on it. I think that Sports Authority should be like other stores where the credit never expires. Someone paid money for an item, just because I returned it long ago and got a store credit doesn't mean I should lose the credit if I don't use it by a certain date. It's not even listed on the card!

v 7/15/13 1:49AM
  • I have shopped at Sports Authority for at least 10 years, purchasing sports related gear and active wear for my two active sons. I have always been impressed with the customer service until my experience yesterday at the Arden Way store. After asking the cashier about Sports Authority check writing policy, and being assured my check would be accepted, I spent a full hour clothes shopping for myself. Expecting to pay for my merchandise, I was instead told by the cashier (Phil) that my "check didn't go through." He asked if I wanted him to try again, and I said, "of course." Again, he said "it" wouldn't work. I asked to see his manager, Becky. She reported the same problem and said there was something wrong with my account. I immediately called my credit union, Schools, and was told that there were more than enough funds to pay for the purchase. I relayed this information to Phil, to no avail. He refused to take my check. I explained that the error must be on the Sports Authority side and that I had been a loyal customer for many years. Again, he refused to take the check. I told him that I would no longer shop at Sports Authority and asked him for his and his manager's names. At this point he became argumentative. I ended up leaving the store without the desired merchandise and with an hour and a half wasted. I promptly drove across town to Marshall's where I bought (with a check!) similar but less desirable clothes. At the very least, I would hope that you would correct the problems related to your checking acceptance procedures. I have enjoyed shopping at your stores but am sorry to say that I will no longer consider myself one of your customers.

Maria Tait

Maria Tait 6/29/13 2:42PM
  • 6/17/13

9:00 AM

Burbank, California store

Called to ask about a CAP weight set, as Sports Authority is one of the listed retailers for this brand. The guy I talked to in the weight department was Terrell. He seemed extremely annoyed from the moment I first started talking to him. I asked about the home weight sets they have, and he corrected me saying I should have called them home weight lifting equipment or something. I asked about this brand, CAP, which he had not heard of and then sounded really annoyed when I inquired further information about it. He continued to insist that this brand does not exist. I told him that I had talked to someone at the store the previous day about this brand, but that I still had more questions about it. He continued to sound annoyed, hostile, and impatient about it. I asked him if I could talk to someone who had heard of this brand before or the manager. Sounding extremely annoyed, he finally turned me over to the manager. The manager was very polite, answered all of my questions about the brand and what they did and did not carry. I asked the manager the name of the employee that I just spoke to and let him know that his tone was extremely rude and impatient. He informed me that the employee is unfamiliar with products not being carried on the floor. I however let him know that that is no excuse for a rude attitude towards a customer who is just trying to find information.

Nate 6/17/13 9:27AM
  • I order a pair of water shoes at the store on line. According to store, sale person I was goint to receive by last Friday May 1, 2013. Today is Monday, June 0, 2013, I still waiting for the shoes. I will not need it since I went to another store I to buy another pair since I am leaving to today on vacation.
    I am very disappoint with the service. In addition, I will have to pay $ 1.25 to make sure a have a tracking number for the post office to make sure I have proof that I will mail the box back. Unless I have a person at the house to refuse the package.
    I will nerver use this service again !

GJUZ 6/3/13 9:11AM
  • I Went To Your Store Twice And Wanted To Purchase Golf Clubs....that Were Advertised On Sale....it Seems That You Never Have Your Sale Items In Stock....also, A Friend Had The Same Problem And Went To Golf Galaxy And Bought Them...i Am A Unhappy Customer...problem Am Xcustomer.....also, This Is Not The First Time That I Emperience This With Your Sale Items. Frank Hines

Anonymous 5/26/13 11:48AM
  • I went to buy a Tennis Carry Bag for my son at the Beaverton, OR Store. I'm a regular customer there. His Prince racquet was bought there. I get golf product there. None of the tennis carry bags I was interested in were marked, nor was there a rep there to ask about a price. The only way to check the price was to bring the item all the way up to the check out and have them scan it. That is wrong. That prevents the customer was comparison shopping PRIOR to going to check out. That's ridiculous. I went to the front, and the young lady at the counter said she was in management. The only thing she would offer was her apology, but offered no "make good." In this competitive market, customers will go where they feel their business is wanted and appreciated, instead of expected. Next time, I will go to Dick's as it is closer to my home anyway. Thank You.

KillsGermsOnContact 5/20/13 10:18AM
  • Sports Authority at the colorado mills mall. Thursday May 16 1:00pm

The sales associate had to type in my cc manually. Afterward she was going to make an imprint of my CC. I said no I didn't want that. I told her to call my bank if she felt there was fraud. She called her manager he said the same thing I said no I didn't agree and that it wasn't safe. He said it's safe it's in the drawer. Really? WOW that's why we do everything electronically and the number doesn't even come up on the receipt. So I said no thank you and asked him if to return everything I purchased. His reaction was completely rude. Even the person standing next to me said he's pretty rude. Hispanic manager. I didn't look at his name tag. Thursday Afternoon around 1:00. I asked if I could have the receipt for the transaction he said no nothing has transpired and won't show up anywhere. I just wanted it for my own records. He said no stapled everything together was not nice about anything and dismissed me. My cc was stolen ages ago and it was a complete hassle to sort it all out. Thanks Sports Authority guy for making a good customer feel like #$%&. Way to meet the customer's needs... Good training! The girl at the counter (non manager was very nice)

trish 5/18/13 6:38AM
  • 4/7/13 purchased $1200 elliptical at Honolulu Sports Authority. Took over 1week for delivery as driver didn't want to come sooner with excuses about traffic. Driver assembled a broken machine, then refuse to disassemble and take back, said I have to call store next day to reorder. Took 3 weeks of 17 telephone complaints by me to 3 different Sports Authority managers with empty apologies and no action (even going to store face to face was useless), complaining to 3 Urban Express reps in New York, 4 delivery men, and 4 cancellations of scheduled delivery dates on Urban Express' part. Lots of finger pointing between the Sports A. and Urban Express, giving me excuses about firing/hiring local delivery men. Frankly, that's not my concern as a paying customer to SPORT AUTHORITY. I purchased from your store, it's your responsibility to make sure I recieve my product I paid for in a timely manner. I should not have had to waste my time chasing after your employees and incompetent delivery service. I've had to cancel my personal plans time and time again to accomodate your delivery men only to have them cancel on me day of. I am disgusted that your company did nothing to take action with those delivery people after numerous complaints to your managers. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced from a merchandise and delivery service ever. I expect to hear back with a refund on the assembly fee I paid for. I have also documented each date, phone calls, and names of the employees of both your store, Urban Express and delivery men whom I dealt with within the past 3 weeks.

Adele 5/8/13 1:24PM
  • I ordered a pair of black solar soft nikes , size 7 at the store in honolulu, hawaii on April 6, 2013 through the website. Inventory showed they did have it in stock.

I received one email in regards to my purchase.

I was told by an employee it'd take 8-10 days to come in.

Eight days passed and nothing in my email about my order, no tracking order, nothing. I called customer service and all they said was that the tracking number "wasn't working" and that the "usps website was down, to call back again in a few hours"

I hate wasting my time, instead of calling I checked the website. Something was wrong because it showed that the number I was given was not accessible at the time.

I called customer care almost every other day about the status of my order and each representative told me the same thing, until i emailed them. I emailed saying that if they have it, good! if NOT let me know because I dont want to be waiting around for something thats not even available!

I hate being givin the run arounds for something thats supposed to already been in my hands after I already payed for it.

I was already upset after waiting for so long, for at least some type of communication, that I called again on April 22, 2013 asking about my order. The representative seem to be really kind to helping me and he actually gave me 2 options. 1: a refund or 2: to reship another pair after mentioning that my order was "LOST" Of course I really wanted this shoe so I said to reship me another pair. He said Ok to my decision and supposedly processed it in the system. He also told me it would take 1-2 days to process.

Today is April 24, 2013 the "second" day its supposed to be processed and still NOTHING, NO EMAIL OR CONFIRMATION. I just called customer care AGAIN and this different representative just told me my refund will be going through in 1-2 days. WHO SAID I WANTED A REFUND AND WHO OK'd IT? I waited and wasted my time on something that wasnt even available!

Come on sports authority, get your system together. Make sure the inventory online is at least "accurate". If you know the "warehouse" doesnt have it to begin with, let the consumers know rather than being very repetitive about the situation!

I dont think i'll ever shop at sports authority online or at the store to be exact.

jenn808 4/24/13 8:09PM
  • Ref: Bodyfit Adjustable Ankle/wrist Weights

This Information Is Furnished To Your Company In The Hope That Your Distributors Will Either Purchase Better Quality Products Or Insist That The Factory Produce A Better Quality Product.

I Purchased The Above Item Approx. 8mos. Ago.

Both Weigths Already Fell Apart. The Design Is Comfortable. However The Material Which Holds The Lead Parts Is Not Strong Enough To Withhold The Wear And Tear Of The Weight Of The Lead. Hence, The Lead Punctured Holes Through The Material And Dropped Out In The Short Period Of Eight Months!!! I Know That Most Companies Value The Quality Of The Products They Sell To Their Customers.

I Hope That The Above Feedback Will Help Your Company Seek Improvement In This Particular Product.

Thank You For Your Concern And Prompt Response.

Anonymous 4/6/13 3:10PM
  • I tried to return an item today and to get credit back to my visa account. I was told that since the card number did not match I could only receive store credit. My wife purchased the item on her card (same account). I was told it was a Visa policy not the store's. I find that hard to believe since every other store I do business with will put credit back on my card when the purchase was on my wife's card.

normdyer 3/17/13 5:38PM
  • I went to the Bakersfield store today and had great service. Devon, in the shoe dept., really did an outstanding job. This was the best customer service I have ever had at that store. He is the type of employee that would cause me to shop there more often.

Anonymous 3/30/14 3:33PM
  • My 20 year old daughter skates for Special Olympics. We went to the Exton, PA store to buy some skates. We met Jason, who works in the store and knows skating very well. He was incredibly helpful and took a significant amount of time to help us. I will continue to shop here as long as he works there! He is a tremendous asset.

Joe 1/13/14 6:04PM
  • I only shop at the collierville tn location for the best customer service...the cashier cynthia is by far the best at her job and i only shop when she is working because she makes you feel like family and she always remembers me by my name.

catlady02 9/9/13 4:59PM
  • I wanted to take the time to compliment a Sports Authority associate in Springfield NJ for his attentiveness and personal assistance. His name is Alex, and I appreciated his input and assistance in the purchase of my son's bike for his birthday. With Alex's personal assistance and customer care my experience was Excellent!

Anonymous 5/23/13 7:10AM
  • I previously submitted a negative comment regarding product that was not priced, along with having no sales associate, and a lower level managment person that did not handle my complaint to my satisfaction. Within a couple of hours of my email to customer service, a Regional Director (Wayne) alerted the Store Manager at Beaverton (Roy.) Roy called me and offered a very generous reimbursement. Rather than that, I suggested putting that toward another purchase. I was very impressed with how Roy handled things. That makes me feel a whole lot better about being a loyal customer at Sports Authority now. Thank You. ~ Charles Heath

Charles Heath 5/20/13 2:35PM
  • I was very pleased with the service recieved yesterday at your #772 store in Hawaii. I'm a 70 year old female that was needing a new sportline watch and a nice young man Scott Liwai went beyond his duties not only help me purchase a new watch, but he tried to fix my old watch, which was purchased from your store last year. He was very helpful as I asked if he could set my watch for my needs. He took the time to set my watch and this I believe was great customer service. Sports Authority was well represented by your employee Scott Liwai.
    Arlene

Anonymous 4/24/13 10:33AM
  • Sports Authority, Encinitas CA
    I would like to applaud Jamal Anthony and Brian who were very helpful in getting my teenage daughter her "needed" color track shoes! Brian found her shoe at another store which would have been a long drive for us. We asked if they would ship them to our home or to the store and he said he didn't think so, but would ask his manager to be sure. Jamal was able to pick them up from the Mission Valley store for us and we were able to pick them up at our convenience at our local store! This is excellent customer service!!!!
    Lee Anne and Shea

Anonymous 2/9/13 8:35PM
  • We have not received such proficient,professional customer service since the days of mom and pop stores!!! Our sale associate Kymmer was EXCELLENT to say the least. Not only was she very attentive and professional but she went above and beyond to take the time to explain all the benefits of the products my husband and I needed for our upcoming trip to Vermont and the New England area. She told us she grew up there and gave us hints and suggestions as to what we needed and told us things we had never thought of. Kymmer should be very highly regarded as a valued employee within your company and you are lucky to have her!!!! We have been to Sports Authority several times in the past and have never received the service we got today. Due to her invaluable knowledge and customer service we will be back to shop at your Reno store.

Tiffany and Scott Horst 2/7/13 9:16PM
  • We were looking for a specific product and had gone to many sporting goods stores including Bass, and other Sports Authority. We found what we were looking for but only the floor model was available. Mr. Jerrell Welch, the Store Manager, had been helping us and made the purchase extremely pleasurable. He was courteous, knowledgeable, and accomodating. I never make comments about employees but felt the need to let his bosses know how great he represents the Sports Authority!

BT 12/30/12 12:37PM
  • My experience with Contessa at the Issaquah, WA store(561)was great. Contessa in the shoe department was polite, helpful, happy and efficient. Please give her a gold star.

Anonymous 11/29/12 4:39PM
  • I submitted a complaint a couple of days ago because i was very disappointed in the customer service at one of the stores and was very surprised that I was contacted by the customer service dept and my issue was resolved and I received an apology. So my advice is to call or email the customer service dept to see if your situation can be resolved. There seems to be people in the Sports Authority Corporation who does care about their customers.
    R. Sullivan

sully 9/19/12 12:14PM
  • Just today I bought 2 bicyces. When my wife & I started looking we started with S.A. of West LongBranch,NJ. The associate spent alot of time with us and answered all our questions. We shopped around and found the same bikes at Dicks. The difference was the associate at Dicks didn't have time for us. Dicks had both bikes in stock. But they didn't give us the help your associate did. In spite of the fact that we had to travel to 2 different S.A.'s to get both bikes, it was worth it because of your sales associate Outstanding job your employee did coordinating the sales between both SA's. Kudo's to your guy Ray. sale#31729907@ Brick Plaza sale#31728830 @ West Long Branch. I hope you find time to recognize your employee.

Anonymous 7/27/12 9:42AM
  • Store number 255
    5151 Citrus Blvd Suite C
    Harahan LA 70123

I went into Sports Authority to make a return on five shirts. Two of the shirts I removed the tags but never wore them. The cashier on duty told me that the manager would have to make the decision to except the shirts without the tags attached. The manager on duty was Ms. Diane Graebert, she decided to take the shirts back. What was so wonderful was that she treated me as if I was a customer making a purchase at her store and not a return. Ms. Diane was friendly, professional and extremely accommodating. Its really pleasant to see good customer service still exist.

Dionne Allen 4/30/12 9:06AM
  • on sunday i shopped at the store at the sawgrass mall.i had to find a girls baseball glove and shoes.the gir; lives in bahrain and returns are difficult.after about 20 minutes of not knowing what i was looking for i went to the front and asked the manager for help.the store was packed people every where.the manager walked me back to shoes and had rich help me he explained every thing and helped me with finding a glove,shoes socks a marlin hat and jersey.then he asked me about my feet and took me back to shoes and i bought inserts and special sock for bothj me and my lady friend.i had forgotten my coupon but the shopping experience was so pleasant i was happy to pay full price.$363 well spent.the cashier also was friendly and took my money with a smile.rich and the manager are assets to the sports athority.

longhorn762 4/9/12 4:45AM
  • During this holiday season I had a wonderful experience at your store in Gainesville, Florida. I was greeted upon arrival, and then directed appropriately. Two young men helped me with my many questions about your punching bags. Joseph, one of the two men, brought the bag at the register, with wonderful news that it was even cheaper than we had discussed at the display. He was very cheerful, helpful and knowledgeable about your product. He even loaded it into my car. I had a very pleasant experience at your store.

Jane Turner

Anonymous 12/30/11 12:07PM
  • I was in your store in Montgomery,Alabama. I heard on of your store mananger talk to one of the cashier so bad. I don't think just because your are a manager does not give you the right to talk to anyone bad.I don't care if she is a cashier she is still a person. If they talk to her that way she would be writting her up so the manager need to be written up to. That is not the first time I have heard her talk to an cashier that way. I thought she was having a bad day the first time but I can't let it go this time and I hope you will not to. I heard the cashier call her Ms. Kathy.

kathy 9/16/11 11:33AM
  • Paramus sports authority located near ikea and garden state plaza.

I recently went into this place of business to purchase a bike. An older gentlemen by the name of garfield approached me, asking if i needed any assistance. As i did, i told him i was looking for a bike for moderate to progressive trail/mountain riding. Before he helped me choose a bike he started explaining some sort of warrantee coverage that i had to buy. Right off the bat i was drawn away, after 45 minutes with the associate, he recommended a bike which i was reluctant to buy but took his word for. I was interested in the warrantee but i felt as if it was forced upon me, buy the warrantee and if i didnt than he wouldnt sell me a bike. Finally after he filled out the paperwork and "so called" checked over the bike, he assured me everything was ok. The next day when i went to ride the bike, the air pressure was low, gears were not operating properly, and my brakes were rubbing. So i took the bike in that day which was a wednesday morning to have it looked at once more, where i found a technician, "younger male" very kind and knowledgable assisted me. He gave me important pointers such as "the bike was too small" and for what i was using the bike for, it was not the correct bike whatsoever. I was very upset at the fact that i was forced into buying a bike the previous night that didnt even fit my needs, or me in general. The technician walked me through every bike and within 20 minutes had me sized, told me about the parts, how the gears work, and checked the bike for me the correct way. I was very pleased in the final outcome and only spending an extra 75 dollars on a different bike, which was the correct bike for me. The technician did tell me his name but i do not remember at the time, but i will be returning to let him know how pleased i was with his help and knowledge. He apologized for the poor service the night before which i told him wasnt his fault, he wasnt there at the time. This comment is to hopefully help out management staff by making sure their associates arent too "pushy" on sales, and hopefully giving their associates the correct training on how to sell the product, and not having to rely on one person "technician" to get the job done the right way. I hope this comment is taken into consideration, Because my overall experience after day 2 was highly satisfied, i just wish it could have been the same way day 1. The sports authority is still my number one choice.

B.Thorn NJ

Anonymous 7/27/11 7:30PM
  • I'd like to compliment your employee, Megan Alberts at the Willowbrook, IL. store. I had been wandering the store for 1/2 hour looking for three gifts. One guy told me they didn't carry one of the the products I was looking for (North Face T-shirt).She was able to show me the three items within a short period of time. What an outstanding salesperson! (I purchased several North Face jackets as gifts at this store and the one in Woodridge, IL. in Nov. and no employee came close to her in salesmanship.

Anonymous 12/17/10 5:52PM
  • I would like to commend one of your workers at your store in Montrose, Co. The worker, Steven, was on his lunch break but I needed help in a hurry. He did not hesitate to assist me. I appreciate how courteous and knowledgeable he was. Good job in hiring. Code 12/10/2010 0143 2 6630. This would bring me back again and again to that store.

betterglow 12/11/10 8:03PM
  • My experienced shopping at Daly City CA Sports Authority was great, i will recommend this branch to you guys if you close here, I enjoy shopping at this store number one because of the friendly staff, i bought a shoes for myself and for my kids the Sales Associate Geraldine was so very very helpful and friendly, she greeted me and helping me a lots even though how busy she is on task but she dont bother to help me and some other customers, she gave me 100% great customer service i never experienced this when i did shopping at any store. I'm really satisfied great job Geraldine.. Not only Geraldine i noticed all of the staff was very friendly and very helpful.. And the items that im looking for is exactly what i want.. Good job guyss more power to SPORTS AUTHORITY DALY CITY.. Customer Service is very important you guys are very professional when it comes to that.. God Bless You Sports Authority.

Cathy

Kath 11/22/10 10:16PM
  • I was at the Deerfield Store in Illinois and the most helpful sales men. There names are ANDY R. AND BRIAN P.

N.Pick 10/30/10 7:02AM
  • I work for Sports Authority as a middle Man for a Company that puts together your equipment and I also have cleaned these stores and when I write this story i honestly can say as all the rest of these unfortunate people that your company needs a undercover boss to clean house and train on customer service professionalism and not a bunch of robots and attitude busters,Your managers in Jensen beach florida are the rudest most discourteous sales managers and associates and in Jupiter fl Craig you nasty little punk I'm the wife of the gentleman that you so called told if you don"t like it get another job when it was for a sale to a customer waiting on a delivery? Who the hell do you think you are, a crappy negative punk that is underpaid no my husband is to put this crap together for this disconcerning company I lived in colorado and i see the reviews from there whats wrong with this company I wish there were more dick sporting goods cuz you give them a good name by how you behave and take care of these multimillion dollar stores shame on all of you !!!!!!

SICKOFIT 1/4/13 6:06PM

• They constantly try to cheat customers out of their money by selling coverage plans on items that either come with a lifetime manufacturers warranty or are not eligible at all. They teach their new associates all these flawed techniques knowing that by the time the customer finds out the truth they are not even there any more. And when a customer catches them in the lie they sweep it under the rug so corporate does not find out. When you report them to corporate they simply ask them if they cheated or not. That is what they call investigating. I am ashamed to have worked for such a company.

dragon158 9/29/12 2:19AM

• I worked for sports authority for a summer and it was the worst experience ever. The store in Fairbanks Alaska is not managed correctly. Several times the service managers would be standing around talking and wouldn't help customers when asked, instead they told the cashiers to do it and when the cashiers couldn't resolve the issue without their help the managers got irritates and made rude comments to the cashiers.
    There is never anyone working in the departments throughout the store until around 200 pm. When customers call or ask to talk to a person working in a specific department the cashiers are told to page either a manager or the go to person for the day. However, that person is almost never available and the managers never show up to help. So when the customer decides not to purchase anything the cashier gets yelled at, apparently it is their fault that the managers don't do their job.
    the training is a joke, the head cashier and managers don't tell you what you need to know and when you ask they don't tell you instead they wait until the cashiers meeting and lecture you about how you aren't doing anything right and make rude comments when you say you did ask but weren't told what to do.
    The coupons aren't typically honored, the cashiers are actually told not to mention any sales or coupons if the customer doesn't know about. The managers don't offer to exchange anything for the sale price and will attempt to get the customer to pay full price for an item that was purchased on sale.
    One manager in particular, who is in charge of the tax info, is not only rude to the cashiers she is rude to them in front of customers and to the customers. There were several occasions when she would lecture a cashier for not answering the phone when they were already talking to a customer, when she was standing next to the phone with another cashier.
    The cashiers are supposed to be monitored and allowed to keep their position based on customer reviews and sales of the extended warranty plans. However, only the cashiers that the manager likes are allowed to keep their job with scores of 20% when the rule is if your score is less than 50% you are fired. The managers will let cashiers try to take extended warranty sales from each other, and when they are trying to sell them to show you how to do it they get rude to you if they don't sell it.
    I actually had a manager yell at me because a customer said they didn't want and extended warranty because of past experience with one, I was told the loss of the sale was my fault because I didn't ask the customer 5 times to buy it and because I didn't tell them the benefits when they already said they didn't want to know.
    The customers would even complain to the managers that they were being rude to the cashiers. I saw one person walk out without buying anything because of the way the cashier was treated by the manager, after which the cashier got lectured by the same manager that they need to try harder to sell things to customers even when the are being lectured by the manager.
    The scheduling is messed up, a customer came in wanting to talk to someone about camping gear and to purchase several tents and sleeping bags. I paged the person working the floor until the camping guys showed up and when no one showed up I paged a manager to help the customer out. No one ever showed up to help and as a result the customer left their intended purchases and walked out without buying anything. When the manager saw the cart containing 3 tents and 3 sleeping bags I explained why they were left in the store and was lectured about how I wasn't preforming my duties correctly and should have paged a manager. When I said I did I was lectured even more about how busy they are and can't always help customers. Even though during the time the customer was waiting for a manager several walked right by talking among themselves and said they were to busy to help.
    The store in Fairbanks is horrible I wont set foot in it again. The managers make the cashiers do practically everything, they never show up when paged then lecture the cashiers and make rude comments when the customers are angry with them. Throughout the time I worked there I did more returns than sales, I actually calculated it out and I was returning almost double what I sold over several days. The managers are even rude to customers who want to return something, the customers are asked why they want to return the item multiple times and aren't usually believed, some are even told that the item can't be returned because it was on sale when they bought it. The cashiers are even told to tell the customers that some items can't be returned even though they can be.

Anonymous 4/3/12 5:01PM

• I am happy to work for The Sports Authority but find it unsettling that they are going discountinue the managers discount program. One of the perks that I enjoyed as a manager

Anonymous 11/18/11 9:32PM

Check out these popular comparisons of Sports Authority customer service versus other companies:
Sports Authority vs. Dick's Sporting Goods
Sports Authority vs. Foot Locker
Sports Authority vs. REI
Authorized representatives of Sports Authority can sign up to reply to any of the comments found on this page.

888-801-9164
Sports Authority customer service phone number including steps to reach representatives, hours of operation, customer support links and more from ContactHelp.com.

Complete Sports Authority customer service phone numbers and contact information at ContactHelp.com

Locate the Sports Authority corporate office headquarters phone number, address and more at CorporateOfficeOwl.com.

Sports Authority corporate office headquarters information at CorproateOfficeOwl.com

Hours of Operation
Find Sports Authority hours of operation for locations near you!. You can also find Sports Authority location phone numbers, driving directions and maps.

Sports Authority hours of operation at HoursOfOperation.biz

Returns & Refunds
Review the Sports Authority return and refund policy at ReturnsAndRefunds.com.

Sports Authority returns, refund and exchange policy at ReturnsAndRefunds.com

Get immediate support for your Sports Authority questions from HelpOwl.com.

Receive immediate support for Sports Authority at HelpOwl.com

View thousands of Sports Authority user reviews and customer ratings available at ReviewOwl.com.

Sports Authority reviews and ratings at ReviewOwl.com

Sports Authority of India National Cycling Academy (SAI NCA) inaugurated
He said, “The Academy which is being housed in world-class infrastructure is supported by a proper gymnasium and the latest technical support like a fully-equipped workshop for cycles. He said, the coaches shall be recruited from both India and abroad ...
Sports Authority coming to Kauai
“We look forward to providing industry-leading customer service and great value to the families, athletes, and fans of Kauai.” Wade Lord, CBRE vice president of consulting and investment services, and the Kukui Grove Center general manager, is also ...
At Sports Authority, A Gift Receipt Doesn't Mean Much
If the policy says that the receipt should be good, go back to the store and angrily wave it in their faces. If it doesn't, consider it a $24 lesson learned. If the store still won't budge, consider contacting the chain's customer service manager ...