Straight Talk Customer Service

Straight Talk customer service is ranked #467 out of the 710 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 29.77 out of a possible 200 based upon 1947 ratings. This score rates Straight Talk customer service and customer support as Terrible.

1,823 Negative Comments out of 1,947 Total Comments is 93.63%.

124 Positive Comments out of 1,947 Total Comments is 6.37%.

Terrible Overall Customer Service Rating
  • Viewing Straight Talk customer service complaints
    1 - 25 out of 1,823
  • I have just got off the phone with a lady that didn't understand me. I have had the same number for 2 years. they took the number from me and deactived my pone without reason. what kind of phone company with nothing but people who cant explain nothing and know nothing do we have working for us. we pay them . I lost a lot from this. they have nasty people working there. I recommend no one use straight talk. I have been treated very badly. thank you.

Anonymous 4/22/14 8:06PM
    Official company reply

Hi! Our sincerest apology for what had happened. Let us help you. Please send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com or you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 4/23/14 6:22AM

• Could you please fire all the indians that nobody seems to be able to understand?
    This second man i spoke to was muffled and then he took his face farther from the phone & i kept having to say "can you please repeat that? I didnt understand"
    Walmart..shame on you for outsourcing sooo many american jobs.

dont_enjoy_wastingmoney 4/17/14 5:40PM
    Official company reply

Hi! I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Let me help you. Please send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com or you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 4/18/14 5:33AM

• Bought 5 Straight Talk Samsung Galaxies for all my family. Three get good signal. Two are terrible. Called Customer support was told the first time, "oh we don't have service in that area" though we had al; transferred from other straight talk phones. Then I called back again and was told "oh well the phones that aren't working are locked on a different tower. Problem still going on, and lots of lies and avoiding from Straight Talk customer service.

ESolo 4/8/14 7:53PM
    Official company reply

Hi! I apologize for the trouble this has caused you. Let us help you. Please send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com or you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 4/9/14 5:40AM

• Dear Straight Talk,

I have received four (4) new 'SIM" cards over the last week. Each time I call, a representative from your company tells me I need a new SIM card. This is not the answer. Not one card has worked!!! I have spent over 25 hours on the phone with customer service in the last week. Not one has been able to answer the problem. I have researched this on the internet. It seems as though this is a common problem. Here is a link to the Straight Talk Wireless Forums. This question alone has over 14 pages of same problems. This was never an issues for the first 15 months I have had this phone. I paid almost $400.00us dollars for this phone. I would like some answers. I have researched this for hours. It seems as though this problem is severe. Please provide me with the answer to this issue

as you will see. I am not the only person with this problem. I am forced to call consumer affairs this week, since no one from Straight Talk/Tracfone will address the issue.

I would like an answer. I would like to speak to a United States Representative from your Corporate Headquarters. Please provide with names and numbers as soon as possible!!

CJ 4/5/14 12:40PM
    Official company reply

Hi! I noticed your complaint on this blog and I want to help you. Just send me your name, contact number and your phone serial number or cell number and we will resolve your issue right away. Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email. Email your information to ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com or you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 4/5/14 12:56PM

• The people working in customer service don't speak much english so they have a script in front of them telling them what to say. That's why you hear the phrase "bear with me" every five seconds. They don't understand your problem and make you do all kinds of worthless changes to your phone before fixing the actual problem. This is the third time my phone deactivated when I correctly added a new service plan. I tried asking WHY it keeps happening and WHAT I can do to prevent it from happening but all he kept saying it "maam I just fixed the problem." And then kept trying to end the session at that. then he said "it won't happen again." And i tried saying that's what I was told the last two times...then he hung up. absolutely ridiculous and extremely frustrating. Next month I'm sure ill have to call again for the SAME problem as always.

Anonymous 4/5/14 10:03AM
    Official company reply

Hi! I apologize for the trouble this has caused you. If further assistance is needed, please send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com or you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW. Thank you!

AprilTS 4/5/14 10:37AM

• I have been having ongoing issues with my phone not letting me text photos (I have a motorola atrix hd), however, this time I am mad because Straighttalk took my money for an int'l calling plan I can't use, and they refuse to refund my money!!

I purchased a unlimited int'l. calling plan that cost $64, and after buying it, it won't let me make the one call I needed to make to Jamaica becuz evidently it's not covered in their int'l. calling plan. When I asked cust. service to help resolve this issue, and/or refund the extra money I paid for the int'l. plan that I can no longer even use, they accused it being my fault and I'm just out of luck for not knowing in advance who and where I can call on their int'l. calling plan!

This is good customer service? In what universe? I tried speaking to a supervisor, but they would just put on another customer rep pretending to be a supervisor. They are rude and irresponsible. I will be reversing the charge tomorrow and finding a new service provider for my phone. Ridiculous!!!

intenshn 4/3/14 10:00PM
    Official company reply

Hi! I am April from Straight Talk Wireless. I apologize for the trouble this has caused you. Let us help you. Please send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com or you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW. Thank you!

AprilTS 4/4/14 7:31AM

• Galaxy phone wouldn't work for three weeks, straight talk had us send it end, they sent back a cheap tracphone then they couldn't get it to work alike. They sent another cheap tracphone zte, couldn't get it to work. Sent out multiple sim cards. All in all I haven't had phone service for 2 months and they promised me 6 months free service, but have been charging my bank account anyway. I have talked to Miami corporate, the Phillipines, and Hondorus multiple times for about thirty hours all together. They did manage to turn my other phone off in the mean time saying that I asked them to (when I didn't). All in all worst company I have ever dealt with in my life.

straittalksucks 4/3/14 1:56PM
    Official company reply

This is April and I work with Straight Talk Wireless. I read your post and thought you could use some help. We would need you to send us your account information to this email address ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com. Include your name, contact number and your cell phone number or serial number. Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 4/3/14 6:11PM

• My husband and I bought the activation package's to switch over our phones at Walmart. Before we bought the activation packages, we went to Straight talk website to see if our phones were compatible. The website said both phones were compatible. Once we started the switch to Straight talk it told us our phones weren't compatible. Spoke with Straight talk customer service (Iím also frustrated cause you cant understand them. I would like to speak to someone with good English) & told us the same thing. Tried to take the package's back to Walmart. They cant take them back either. Cause they are activated once you purchase them. So now we are out of money.. That is over 120 dollars.. Straight Talk doesn't care. They have our money. So they don't care to make it right. I am filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Tiffany 4/1/14 12:51PM
    Official company reply

Good day! This is April from Straight Talk Wireless. Allow us to assist you further with this issue. Kindly email us at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com or chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW. Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email.

AprilTS 4/1/14 1:10PM

• Your phone system is horrible. When you need to talk to someone and get some help you cannot get passed the automated system and it is very frustrating, I plan to go to another provider and will not recommend your service to anyone, In fact I will tell everyone I know to stay away from straight talk. What a HORRIBLE experience. I tried for hours.

Anonymous 3/26/14 8:56PM
    Official company reply

Hi! Our apology for the trouble this has caused you. Let us help you. Please send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com or you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 3/27/14 5:36AM

• I was given my LG Optimus Q as a gift in 12 of 12 packaged as a NEW PHONE! I've had nothing but, PROBLEMS w/ it, & your "So Called" Customer Support! The phone was NOT NEW, as I found multiple areas in it supporting such. I have NEVER been able to get ANY problem w/ it resolved! It is totally IMPOSSIBLE to understand anyone in Cust. Srvc.! I've been put on hold for so long that, I hung up, if THEY didn't hang up on me FIRST! Every time I add $ to my acct., the phone changes everything! It's due for refill again, & I have'nt been able to get a signal for the entire month! I can't access my Email accts., NO PART of Google has EVER worked properly! No matter WHAT my issue is, all they want to do is perform a Total Reset, wiping out everything! They are lazy & rude!! Needless to say, Straight Talk as a whole, has been extremely frustrating, & a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT! GET IT TOGETHER FOLKS! I'm looking for another carrier!

donothavenow 3/26/14 2:04PM

Hi,

Our apologies for the inconvenience. I noticed your complaint on this blog and I want to help you. Just send me your name, contact number and your phone serial number or cell number and we will resolve your issue right away. Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email. Email your info to ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 3/26/14 3:53PM

• I wasted 1 1/2 hours talking to a tech somewhere in India (to 2 techs actually) and they didn't take care of my problem. I've been a loyal customer for 1 1/2 years, have called people from clear across the states-even when I travelled on the east coast calling relatives in my home state California with no problem. Today the techs were asking me what zip code my phone was programmed in when I bought it, and still they couldn't connect me at all. They wanted more information from me and told me that it would take 24 hours-if it would work. I just don't understand this. They acted like they just were "raking me off the grill." I guess you don't practice the ethos that "the customer comes first and is always right." I just went ahead and cancelled my account with you people. I'm very disappointed!

roland 3/19/14 12:40PM
    Official company reply

Hi! Our sincerest apology for the trouble this has caused you. To help you with this, please send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com or you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 3/19/14 12:55PM

• I bought two straight talk phones. One for me and one for my Dad. I have not been satisfied with getting my old verizon numbers transfered because it is extremely difficult to understand the people in customer service.
    I believe most of ST problems could be resolved if us Americans could comprehend what you are trying to tell us. I am constantly asking them to repeat themselves. Really poor communication. Also, the ST website is set up to do transfers like the one I'm trying to do, but it just doesn't work! I always have to end up calling somebody who can't understand. Very frustrating and time consuming process.

Paul 3/18/14 1:58PM

Hi Paul,

I read your post and am sorry that you are having problems. Please send me your contact information to the following email address ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com. We can help you get the problem resolved right away. Please include your name, phone serial number or cell phone number. Just copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 3/18/14 2:10PM

• I was attempting to add time to my wife's phone, after 2 hours of hearing that there is an unusually high call volume and to call back later OR for faster service, visit our web site. I tried to log into the web site and get that it is currently down for maintenance. This has been a pretty good company up to now, but when you start wasting my time after I spent $45 to charge the phone, I am a little upset.

Jammer56 3/16/14 11:42PM
    Official company reply

Hi! I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. To further help you, please send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com or you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 3/17/14 6:31AM

• I have tried numerous times to get thru on your customer service number.What is the problem? Your company has fraudently taken money out of my account and I want it stopped - NOW!!!!!!! I will press charges against this company if it is not done!

Anonymous 3/10/14 9:41AM
    Official company reply

Hi! Our apology for this matter. To help you, please call us at 1-877-430-2355. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. If further assistance is needed, you can also send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com or you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 3/10/14 10:56AM

• I like the monthly prices but what makes me hate the straight talk company is their customer service. This is one of the many reasons why I left this phone service. My mom still has a straight talk phone. For some reason she could not receive incoming calls. We called customer service and what did the person on the other end do....they HUNG UP ON ME! Another thing is I can not understand anyone who is a customer service rep with straight talk and the background noise is so loud you can not hear well. What I then had to do was Google the problem and now everything is fine. That is what the the service rep should of done on the first place but I DID IT MYSELF!

Krys 3/3/14 9:41AM
    Official company reply

Hello! I noticed your complaint on this blog and I want to help you. Just send me your name, contact number and your phone serial number or cell number and we will resolve your issue right away. Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email. Email your info to ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com or you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 3/3/14 10:06AM

• I am going through a similar situation now. I thought I would give them a try and so far the experience has been absolutely horrendous! I'm doing the bring your own phone and its been three days, and no service yet. I've called numerous times and get different answers and very disorganized. As a former employee a major wireless carrier, it should not take this long to activate a phone. While I do understand it is a smaller company, ST needs more effective ways of doing business. It has not been a positive experience thus far. Snow Storm coming and I will not have a working cell phone. They don't listen and is more concerned with rushing you off the phone. Listen to your customers so that you can get a better handle on their issues!!

NoCell 3/2/14 8:32AM
    Official company reply

Good day! My name is April and I work with Straight Talk. I noticed your complaint on this blog and I want to help you. Just send me your name, contact number and your phone serial number or cell number and we will resolve your issue right away. Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email. Email your info to ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 3/2/14 8:59PM

• straight talk customer service, the service is out in my area right now, I'm still on hold AND HAVE BEEN ON HOLD SINCE 10:30 PM, IT IS NOW 12:37 AM. STRAIGHT TALK.

Anonymous 3/1/14 10:38PM
    Official company reply

Hi! I'm April of Straight Talk Wireless. I see that you need help with your phone. We can help you. Send us your account info to ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com. We will fix your phone right away. Please include your name, cell phone number or serial number and a contact number. Copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 3/2/14 8:57PM

• Deactivated my phone a week into my paid month of service, they said i need a new sim card and they were gonna send me new one. Been 3 weeks, have screamed at numerous people ( who are in the Philippines btw ) and nothing. Keep telling me they mailed it and actually went as far as giving me a fake Fed Ex tracking number. Incredible... Anybody know any good cheap alternatives?...

D. Kelemen 3/1/14 11:36AM

AprilTS 3/1/14 1:29PM

• I am tired of talking to people that I
    can't understand. I have and am being charged for 2 plans for the month of 26 Feb -27 Mar and my current Service Days on my phone screen today, 27 Feb, is 0. This company will not refund either payment both of witch were auto pay. I called yesterday and thought I had cancelled the $45 plan and started the $30 plan. I think the service personnel should be required to tell you that you can't change plans except on the day before your service ends. I will switch companies as soon as possible.

Cathy 2/27/14 11:10AM
    Official company reply

Hi Cathy! Our sincerest apology for the trouble this has caused you. Let me help you. Please send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com or you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 2/27/14 3:01PM

• I just was changing my phone number now I have no cell phone this company suck I will get a whole new phone

leona goble1015 2/24/14 11:36AM
    Official company reply

Hi! Our sincerest apology for this matter. Let us help you. Please send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com or you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 2/24/14 11:54AM

• I been without a phone for two and a half days all because of a mistake one of yall workers made. I been on the phone for these two days and keep getting different answers to my question. I feel that I should get reimburst for my inconvience. I really need my phone for my second job and for my kids when I'm not home. At least a loaner phone till yall fix my situation.

Lakela 2/23/14 7:39PM

AprilTS 2/24/14 7:23AM

• I'm getting ready to up-grade to another straight talk phone,,Can I keep my same phone number and have my remaining air time transferred to a new phone?

Anonymous 2/21/14 10:43AM
    Official company reply

Hi! Yes, you can keep your phone number and minutes to the new phone. For further assistance, please send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com or you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 2/21/14 12:52PM

• I bought a straight talk mobile hotspot and a half hour after I had it activated I finally got on to my device I was like oh hell yeah I finally got wifi, but the every 30 min to 45 min the damn hotspot for some reason shits off or just resets it self and is very aggravating and pisses me off. Oh wait it don't stop there every time I call straight talk I go through the prompts to speak to customer care it says ur call is being forwarded and then that gay elevator music starts then 5 seconds later it stops I cant hear it any more and ive tried to call on 3 different cell phones to see if it was my new phone and it wasn't. so I cant even try to talk to customer care all ive been having is problems out of my mobile hotspot I love to be able to play a game with out being kicked or surf the web or even watch my Netflix but no for some godly reason I just cant contact straight talk this is my last chance and straight talks also I bought the warranty insurance but I cant even get a hold of them to try to exchange the damn device.... I wish some one could help me.. Also how can the same person answer every ones messages and solve there problem its be april is just an automated robot made to reply to every little aspect and every need to try to satify customers its bs.

Anonymous 2/21/14 12:18AM
    Official company reply

Hi! Our sincerest apology for the inconvenience this has caused you. Let us help you. Please send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com or you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 2/21/14 7:36AM

• DON'T GET STRAIGHT TALK!! I have had straight talk for 4 yrs today i called to refill my phone and couldn't understand a word he was trying to say so i hung up and called back to try to get someone i could understand. If i cant understand them then how the hell do they understand a word i am saying?So when i called back they told me that i cant be activated for 24 to 48 hours if not more WHAT..so i told the lady i want to talk to a person who speaks English and a supervisor i shouldn't have to wait that long for my refill to kick in not only that they weren't sure i would have the same number WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON??? After my phone is on when the time runs out i wont be going back.If anyone is thinking about getting straight talk Dont get it!!

littlekim676 2/20/14 2:35PM

AprilTS 2/20/14 3:52PM

• I have been having trouble with my Huawei phone since November, I have made multiple calls to customer service. The last customer service person was in India. Many service reps have tried to rectify my problem. The last one made the phone lose all history and contact numbers. The phone seems to have a mind of its own. mis dialing, dialing on its own, showing that the number belongs to a prior owner and the list goes on.

SAL 2/20/14 9:33AM
    Official company reply

Hello! I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Let us help you. Please send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com or you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 2/20/14 10:34AM

• Viewing positive Straight Talk customer service ratings
  • I purchased a Straight Talk ZTE Majesty android phone at my local Walmart store in Utica NY. When I called customer service to register my phone and import my phone number from Verizon wireless they were extremely helpful, never put me on hold at all and I got through to talk to someone in no time at all. The women was very nice and very helpful, she told me that when my old phone stops working that my new phone would work after I dialed * and four more numbers and that the system would then set up my phone. She also told me that this could take anywhere from two hours or up to two days. When we where finished and I hung up with her I waited about FIVE MINUTES and I checked my Verizon phone and it had been shut off so I dialed the * and the four numbers that I was instructed to do and the system set up my phone with no problem at all. The whole thing from start to finish took only fifteen to twenty minutes and I was on my way with my new phone. I have called Straight Talk customer service in the past several times and I have never had a problem getting through to an operator. I do not know what all these other people on these forums are talking about, I have had a great experience with Straight Talk so far and am glad that I left Verizon, should have done it a long time ago. It was one of the best customer service experiences that I have ever had.

Get Real 3/30/14 5:41PM
    Official company reply

Hi! Thank you for the complement about the service. We are glad that you were assisted well. If further assistance is needed, please send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com or you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 3/31/14 5:34AM

• For all of the negativity, I have a positive. My experience was most rewarding. I contacted ST by e-mail, had tremendous support from Theodore and Kurt, and within three days, my problem was completely solved. I tried calling, but had trouble understanding the gentleman on the other end. Almost gave up, but decided to go the e-mail route. Our phones consume so much of our time that when one little thing goes wrong, we panic. I am very grateful for the fast, courteous service. Life is too short. Step back, breathe, and have patience. They can help, if you let them do their job. Thanks again, Straighttalk.

JBergner 1/30/14 8:20AM
    Official company reply

Hi JBergner! My name is April of Straight Talk Wireless. We're glad to know that your issues were responded to, and resolved in a timely matter. Should you need further assistance in the future, just notify us via email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 1/30/14 6:46PM

• The customer service reps of straight talk have the worst attitudes! Paid for their $10 global card, tried to make an international call to Trinidad and Tobago and it did not work. I called S.T. and the first CSR in an obnoxious tone (first told me the terms and conditions of international calling) instead of trying to help me out (making it seem as though it was my fault). Then she asked me which country I was trying to get in contact with. I told her it was Trinidad and Tobago. She asked in Central America? I said no in the Caribbean. She then corrected me in the same obnoxious tone that Trinidad and Tobago is in Central America. By the way I grew up in Trinidad and Tobago, it is located in the Caribbean just above Venezuela. Central America is made up of seven countries (none of them Trinidad and Tobago). After what I consider an insult to me and my country, she told me that I would need to dial *22890 and the situation will be rectified. I asked her if it does not work is there a number I can call back? Again in her obnoxious tone told me if I dial that number and follow the instructions it will work. I did just that and It did not work! So I had to call back, wait for a Csr for about a half an hour to be told that I need another contact number so I can call them and have them reset my phone. I do not have another phone since I am a new INTERNATIONAL student! So they eventually told me how to reset the phone and told me if it does not work, find a PAYPHONE and call them! This is The best Customer Service I have ever received. Thank You CSRs! I am definitely considering changing plans to RadioShack no contract. With such great customer service I am sure you will keep all your customers! Thank you again for all the help!

Shenshen 1/18/14 3:55PM
    Official company reply

Hi! I am April from Straight Talk Wireless. Our sincerest apology for the trouble this has caused you. If assistance is needed, please send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com or you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW. Thank you!

AprilTS 1/20/14 7:06AM

• To Customer Service........

The person who helped me renew my monthly
    payment schedule was very professional and
    easy to work with!!

Thanks so much for his help!

Joe Wood

Anonymous 12/22/13 11:34AM

Hi Joe,

We are happy to know that you were assisted immediately with your concern. We can also assist you here. Just send us an email to ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 12/23/13 2:54PM

• Very frustrated this morning with their "customer service"
    It was less than great, but she was eventually able to help me..and In the end I ended up with two months of unlimited- When I had paid for 30 days "everything you need" and an unlimited. But only because The first card I bought "everything you need" did not work, couldnt make calls, even though my blackberry is compatible with both, so I added an unlimited card the same day but I only got one month credit.. I called and complained..the lady didnt understand me
    Multiple times...
    Couldnt make out english..
    Finally She was able to help me which is more than most contract phones..

rachellh08 12/18/13 11:52AM
    Official company reply

April here with Straight Talk Wireless. We can be of any assistance. Just send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 12/18/13 12:22PM

• Actually in general I find their service very good value for money and I can get to speak to a live person, unfortunately I can never understand their Hispanic form of English. Such a shame.

Pete 10/22/13 8:52AM

Hi Pete,

We apologize if you have been inconvenienced. Anyway, please send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com, if you need assistane. Thank you!

AprilTS 10/22/13 8:40PM

• As a straight talk customer for the past 4 year's i have had a postive experience ,the half dozen time's I have called.I always have my info together they need to get the problem fixed and they have not failed in fixing it for me yet.Complainer's you need to read instructions and follow them,that right there would free up the line's for real problem's.

Anonymous 9/21/13 10:12PM
    Official company reply

Hi! This is April from Straight Talk Wireless. We are glad knowing that you are happy and satisfied with the service. If you might need online assistance, you can send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com. Thank you!

AprilTS 9/22/13 7:24AM

• I have just read some of the comments that customers have left on this page and was surprised at the dissatisfied customers. I have used straight talk for over 3 years, and I love it 30 dollars a month and you have a phone anywhere in town. When I lost my phone and replaced it I too had to go through the hard to understand customer service who told me that my number would be ported to my new phone from 2 hours to 2 days go figure???
    after 4 days and not having my phone I called Trac-phone who owns Straight talk and after telling their computer I wanted to talk to a live person I finally got a English speaking rep that within 20 minutes had my number ported to my new phone and I again was in business. During this process I didn't get angry or curse at the rep they are only trying to help you. If enough of us call the owner TRAC-FONE maybe they will bring customer service back to the US where it belongs.

Doodle 9/19/13 10:46AM
    Official company reply

Hi! This is April from Straight Talk Wireless. We do apologize for the inconvenience of the trouble that you have gone through. If you might need our online assistance, feel free to send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com.

AprilTS 9/19/13 11:15AM

• I thought of giving a update on the galaxy centura that you sent to replace my proclaim (defective) I have had the phone since July 8th and it's been a awesome phone it still looks brand new no even so much as a scrape on it. I even got my own mother to consider getting one. I can honestly say this is the best straight talk phone I have owned and its way better than the proclaim. Thank you so much.

Drewie 9/9/13 9:51AM

Hi Drewie,

We are glad knowing that you are happy and satisfied with the service. If in case that you will need assistance, please send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com.

Sara

AprilTS 9/9/13 8:33PM

• When I first considered switching to Straight Talk I was skeptical, but the prospect of saving more than eleven-hundred-dollars over two years was tempting so I did a lot of research and read a lot of customer comments.

While I was initially turned off by the amount of negative and derogatory information about Straight Talk I found, the more I read, the more I realized that a great deal of it was baseless. By that I mean that people were complaining about things that were either clearly spelled out in the Straight Talk literature, or they were complaining about things that they in fact caused. One in particular involved several pages from an irate customer who was unable to port his old number to his new Straight Talk phone and endured a lengthy service disruption. In fact, the entire problem stemmed from the fact that he cancelled his previous service before trying to move his number to the new phone, something the Straight Talk information made abundantly clear in numerous places that doing this would make it impossible for them to port your old number to the new phone.

However the customer service complaints many people made definitely seemed to be based on genuine issues on the part of Straight Talk.

nine7one 8/1/13 2:28AM

Hi,

Thank you for your interest with the service. If we can be of any assistance, feel free to contact us by sending us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com. Thank you!

AprilTS 8/9/13 3:32PM

• i just called and someone answered right away also fix my phone in ten min thanks straight talk

na 7/27/13 6:43PM
    Official company reply

You're welcome! Glad to hear that your issue was fixed. If you need assistance, just let us know. Send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com.

AprilTS 7/29/13 3:10PM

• I am very happy with the Samsung galaxy centura (brand new) you sent to replace my proclaim that was out of stock. :)

drewie 7/13/13 12:32PM
    Official company reply

Hi Drewie! We're glad to know that you are happy with the replacement phone. If you need assistance, just let us know. Send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com. Thank you!

AprilTS 7/13/13 2:19PM

• The service SUCKS BAD it losees call & really all I want now is my account #.Until things get better with the service.

Anonymous 6/13/13 9:35AM
    Official company reply

Hi! This is April from Straight Talk Wireless. We are willing to help you get this issue resolved. Send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com. Thank you.

AprilTS 6/13/13 11:32AM

• was with ST for 2 years and had great service, great coverage. then i made the mistake of leaving them for
    Tracfone. What a mistake that was. Now I can't even use my phone in my own home because the coverage is so poor. I'm going back to ST. If the service turns out to be poor I plan to go to WM and sit on the doorstep until they fix it. It is a trick I learned from my mother called broken record. Just keep saying the same thing over and over until you wear them down...all of you should try it...it really works. Isn't that how kids manage to get what they want in the grocery store?????

belllady 6/3/13 9:19AM
    Official company reply

Hi Belllady, this is April from TracFone Wireless. Iím sorry to hear about your bad experiences with the service. Allow us to help you on this matter. Please send us an email at TF.CorpResolutionTeam@tracfone.com. Thank you!

AprilTS 6/3/13 9:27AM

• ive never had any problems maybe you guys are asking or saying the wrong things. or refilling your service to early and over using your smart phones.

kay marie 5/23/13 6:47AM
    Official company reply

Hi Kay, I am April from Straight Talk Wireless. We do apologize for the trouble you've been through. We can help you, please send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com to better assist you. Thank you.

AprilTS 5/23/13 7:13AM

• I was really happy they resolved my issue in just one call. Its an amazing experienced knowing a lot of reviews stating how bad their support is. The representative is very friendly but I forgot his name though. Only one bad comment I have for them is the long wait on the line jsut to have someone answer the call. I hope they can find a way to remedy this somehow.

verypleased 5/8/13 6:01PM
    Official company reply

Hi, we appreciate your positive feedback. You can also email us at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com if youíll need our assistance. Have a great day.

AprilTS 5/8/13 7:51PM

• they don't have account numbers but my PIN number/pass code is

I want my number with ported to Straight Talk from the pdf is all the information for the purchase of 1-month from staighttalk.com.

Straight talks problem is that they don't have the correct PIN code for porting wich is

what is your contact num so that i can call you

Gary 4/23/13 7:35PM
    Official company reply

Hi Gary! This is Sara from Straight Talk Wireless. We are willing to help you get this issue fixed. You can call our customer care center at 1-877-430-2355 from Monday to Sunday, 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. We are also able to assist you, please send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com with your phone number, serial number and contact number together with the most convenient time for us to call you.

AprilTS 4/24/13 7:21AM

• I love their service. Cheap price and serves me enough according to my phone needs. Im not that much of a cellphone user, just using it when its really important and use quite a little amount of data. I just had some problems at times especially when it comes to the time in refilling the account, card wont load or cc purchase wont process right away. But, getting hold of the service support really is horrible.

STSolutions 4/17/13 6:56PM
    Official company reply

Hi STSolutions, this is April from Straight Talk Wireless. Our apology if you have experience some technical issues with our service. Don't hesitate to send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com if you need assistance with your account. Thanks!

AprilTS 4/17/13 7:06PM

• Had porting issues. Call and got US representative; "to further" assist me, she transferred me to an India representative. I was on the line for 36 mins. [Initial 3 mins consist of transfere]. First 15 mins, the overseas rep had to wait for my ticket/account number to load. I told him what the issue was. Took him another 10 mins to "try" to find Tmobile number [your dept deals with porting, why don't you have a list of other providers!!?!] By his tone he didn't want to do a 3 way call [ ST, Tmo, & myself to resolve the issue]. Waited another 8 mins only to have him tell me he can't reach Tmobile and I can call myself if I like.

OnlyBCitsCheap 4/16/13 5:58PM
    Official company reply

Hi, this is April from Straight Talk Wireless. We apologize for the inconvenience. We are willing to help you get your issue resolved. For us to further check your account, please send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com with your name, phone number, serial number or the IMEI of your phone and your alternate contact number. Thank you!

AprilTS 4/16/13 7:45PM

• Have Had My Phone For A Few Years Now, Like It So Well Got My Mom One As Well.now I Am Wondering If Straight Talk Will Ever Go To Internet Broadband. Have Cricket Now And It Sucks As Far As Being To Get Out Any Where. Go Straight Talk Go Internet For Me

Anonymous 4/11/13 1:34PM

Hi,

I am April from Straight Talk Wireless. Thank you for your interest in our service. As of the moment there is no update as to when or if "Internet Broadband" will be available on our service. However, Straight Talk always strives to improve the service, thus, it is not impossible that "Internet Broadband" will be available in the near future. If you have further questions, email us at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com. Thank you.

AprilTS 4/11/13 4:42PM

• Customer service resolved my issue it took a few emails and they called back so I'm happy Again it is fine fore and my child brenda

Brenda 4/9/13 3:55PM
  • I have had no problem with my Samsung Model number SCH-S720C Straight Talk phone.
    I never once have had a problem tech support and get me mins. with the walmart phone cards. Thank you Straight Talk for you Fine Service, Phone, Tech Support.

RobDot 4/5/13 1:42AM
  • Just got off the phone with David. He was very pleasant to work with and fixed my issue in a very short and painless time. Have always been happy with the straight talk phones and service. Keep up the good work! Thanks again to David.

Anonymous 4/1/13 10:28AM
  • From John Myers. Straight Talk is, without question, the best cell service I've ever used -- and I've used them all! I have no trouble using the phone all over the country, (with the exception of zip code 87718). Thank you.

John R. Myers 3/27/13 6:00PM
  • I have never had any problems. Have been a customer for several years and never have trouble getting what I need.

Anonymous 3/16/13 12:42PM
  • Im a straightalk employee and I do understand what american are talking about us not really understanding them. I can understand english very well but what about others out there who don't. I fully commit on helping those who needs help when they call I put my heart to it. But sometimes guidelines limit me from dealing problems like a human being, instead its directing me into becoming a robot. To tell you the truth straight talk is a great prepaid service if only where directed to deal problems like a human being. I mean who would want to be yeld at over the phone? But some Americans to be honest just have no idea what there talking about.. For example one lady was talking to me about purchasing in the internet basically i told her the product available and the warranty and that was very clear. She said I do not understand but that was one example though.

The Asian Boy 2/2/12 5:10AM

• I used to be a Straight Talk Customer Service Representative. If you people had a bad experience with ST customer service, then I had the worst experience in working with straight talk. First, they do not allow us to say anything that's not on the script; second, the system sucks; third, we end up giving customers wrong information because their system get so much errors. Take for instance, credit card transactions. What we get from the system is that customers' credit cards were declined, but the thing is...it wasn't declined, it was the system itself that's not allowing the transaction to go through. As for the ENGLISH part, well, people from the Philippines get blamed for the bad English when, in fact, those representatives who can't communicate in English well are those from Baranquilla, Bogota and Guyana.

EXStraightTalkCSRep 1/20/12 5:20PM

• Im an straight talk supervisor, i know that straight talk service has many trouble like waiting too much for the reps to answer or sometimes too many issues with the system that cause problems with the phones.

We employees, aknowledge these problems and try to handle the issues that the system gives out, the 95% of cases of being unable of using the phone are due to system errors.

The company really tries to improve and solve the system errors as soon as posible, but mean while i recommend you to make this steps when in a call with an st rep.

if you are unable to use your phone, if you have problems with sms, mms, browser or making calls:

if your phone is cdma (verizon)
    dial *22890, *22891, *22801 (press option 1) and *73.
    if your phone is still not working, call the custumer service, the rep will look in the system he will give you some codes and check the system. if after the codes your ph is still not working ASK FOR A SUPERVISOR OR MANAGER. higher department agents have way much more tools than a normal agent.

if your phone is gsm (atyt, t-mobile)

take out battery and sim card for about 1 minute, after that insert it back in.

the same with cdma phones, if the rep is taking too long or u dont understand it just ask to be transfered in a gentle way, when custumers normally ask to be transfered is when they are really pissed off, do not stress ur self, straight talk is not going to take ur money without providing u the service, they will grant compensation for u if you are unable to use the phone.

IF YOUR PHONE IS ANDROID (sprint)
    go to menu
    go to settings
    go to about phone
    go to system updates
    and go to update profile
    press ok

after that press update prl
    press ok
    turn off the phone, turn it back on.

usually the system of straight talk has trouble due to verizon or atyts updates, they are constantly changing things on the system and causing delays and phones disconnected.

and one thing more if your service end date is in 1 day, do not enroll in autorefill, your phone will be disconnected because it takes 24 hours to activate the autorefill thats why it doesnt work most of times.

i hope those trouble shooting steps are usefull for u
    happy new year :)

strep 1/7/12 1:35PM

• Hey guys! before you complain about straight customer service representative being idiots try to see what the company really has to offer you.. CSRs are there to assist you with the use of the system provided by the company, so basically they are just following what the system tells them.Don't blame the CSRs its not their fault if your phone is out of minutes or out of service, they don't have the tools to take out minutes on your phone. CSRs are just there to follow the policy that the company gives them, they don't gain anything if they tell you that your phone is defective and advice you that you need to buy a new phone. Its not the fault of the company if they like hiring people from other countries, in the first place its their prerogative plus if the cost of labor is not that expensive the company may just decide to employ Americans instead of those that are hired from other countries. A little advice if you wanted to call on and ask for the assistant of a CSR please try to be more specific with your request, example when your phone just don't work it won't power on. Don't just tell the CSR that your phone is not working try to be more specific like "my phone is not working the moment i Got it form the store, can I have a refund or a replacement phone for this?" if you have some issuse try to make some research on your own product knowledge of CSRs are limited to what the company provides to them... Remember this is a prepaid service no contracts are used for this, try to assess first what you are getting you self into before you decide to do something. its hard to complain when you don't have the virtue of patience.

Anonymous 8/7/11 8:58AM

Openminded guy 8/6/11 8:30PM

• ok im a rep for straighttalk,some of the complaints are good some are bad and some are pretty much funny...ok for the comment with the poor (customer service)-there is a short amount of reps to take calls,so they tooke the reps that take spanish calls and let them take english calls so u guys wont have to wait on hold till another rep finish assisting a customer.my language is pure english and i could understand them,because i speak to them every day,even though we r from different countries, y cant u understand them? comments for the (long hold time)-answer to that,"few reps lots of customer"..the coment with the guy that wants to burn his phone and dance around it.i find it being sarcastic.but my answer to u is to go right away and burn your phone its your, you bought it,,the coment with the earthquake int he phillipeans, thats not nice remember they are human beings 2..im still reading your coments and concerns and i will give u guys an answer at a later time

ceb/geo/dmg.......bad/good agent 4/26/11 8:28PM

• as a rep, i dontthink we are rude,but some of u call for no reason,eg how to access the browser how to find phone numbers how to send text message.jus stop it

Anonymous 3/6/11 10:15PM

• i am a straight talk cs rep and after hearing all those posts of inconvenience and horror stories about our service, i could honestly say that some are caused by our own systems' mishaps, but some could have been avoided if customers would also do their part - read and acknowledge our TOS and pls. try reading instructions. We do also try our best to solve every technical issue and we're here to assist you if ever you get stuck somewhere with the service but please also do your part as a customer because when you decided on getting our service is when you also decided to work with us. Having a working service is BOTH our company's and YOUR responsibility.
    - horror stories about porting numbers: we try our best to work on it w/in hours but it may take at most up to 7 days. We give and ask you of our terms if you do agree. We give you a good deal of information but some customers just want to get things done their way. Effective communication is two way, it can only be achieved if both parties listen and understand. For example, we ask you as a main requirement that a number should still be active w/ the previous service, but some port their numbers though its about to be deactivated on the same day - of course that would cause problems and delay. Some don't provide their correct account numbers and pins - those really cause delays. We tell you that it may take at most up to 7 days but some even call immediately w/in 24 hours after the request has been carried out. Come on people, we communicate w/ your old service provider, we give them info and wait for their response, it's not as if we can immediately snatch your numbers from them because you've asked us to.
    - roll over (esp. w/ the all you need plan users) : it has been clearly indicated on our TOS that we don't stack the service days, nor the minutes over. If you happen to experience that they did, we apologize, but it was due to our system's glitch. Though we knew that some minutes did roll over, we didn't erase them even though we had the power to do so. We do understand that it's our fault for having it dragged on for too long, thus creating misunderstandings but please don't be mad if your minutes had been erased after doing your refill.
    -- please just do bear with us, while we continue to work on those weak and problematic areas, we hear and understand your concerns and will be working on giving you the best service and best customer service but we also need your cooperation --

love and peace!! :)

iWorkAtStraightalk 8/17/10 8:01PM

• I APOLOGIZED FOR THE INCONVENIENCE YOU HAVE WITH STRAIGHT TALK. I UNDERSTAND HOW FRUSTRATING IT IS TO YOU TO DEAL WITH THOSE ISSUES. IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEM WITH YOUR STRAIGHT TALK ACCOUNT/PHONE YOU CAN ALSO CONTACT THIS NUMBER 1-877-430-2355. I AM A FILIPINO AND IF YOU HAPPEN TO TALK TO FILIPINO CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE FROM THE PHILIPPINES, I AM SURE THAT WE WILL NOT HANG UP ON YOU. MAYBE IT WILL TAKE A WHILE TO SOLVE YOUR ISSUES BECAUSE WE ARE STILL LEARNING OF THE TOOLS USED TO SOLVE STRAIGHT TALK PHONES/ACCOUNT ISSUES BUT REST ASSURED THAT WE WILL NOT FAIL YOU BY DOING OUR BEST TO RESOLVE YOUR PROBLEM. ALTHOUGH SOME OF US DON'T HAVE THE AMERICAN ACCENT BUT WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU AND GIVE YOU SMILE AS MUCH AS WE CAN. WE WILL BE VERY HAPPY TO ASSIST YOU ALL. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! GOD BLESS US ALL!!

jekha 7/21/10 8:47AM

Check out these popular comparisons of Straight Talk customer service versus other companies:
Straight Talk vs. AT&T Wireless
Straight Talk vs. Verizon Wireless
Straight Talk vs. Virgin Mobile
Straight Talk vs. Vonage
Straight Talk vs. Walmart
Authorized representatives of Straight Talk can sign up to reply to any of the comments found on this page.

877-430-2355
Straight Talk customer service phone number including steps to reach representatives, hours of operation, customer support links and more from ContactHelp.com.

Complete Straight Talk customer service phone numbers and contact information at ContactHelp.com

Get immediate support for your Straight Talk questions from HelpOwl.com.

Receive immediate support for Straight Talk at HelpOwl.com

View thousands of Straight Talk user reviews and customer ratings available at ReviewOwl.com.

Straight Talk reviews and ratings at ReviewOwl.com

Pocono Luxury Inc. Honored With Third Straight Talk of the Town Customer ...
The Talk of the Town Awards, presented by Talk of the Town News, customer care News magazine and Celebration Media U.S., honor companies and professionals that provide excellent customer service as reported by their customers through no-cost,†...
Pros & Cons: Should you go with Walmart's $45/month Straight Talk prepaid ...
Deal News says Straight Talk is a great deal--as long as you don't expect Verizon or AT&T-style quick customer service. Bottom line: Straight Talk will save you money over a conventional cell phone plan. Just realize that it comes with a few drawbacks.
Straight Talk, Net10 clarify “unlimited” plans: 2.5 GB of high-speed data
You may not be able to walk into a store for customer support, and you'll have to pay full price for your phone up-front. But over time this type of service can save a lot of money, and since the carriers operate on AT&T and T-Mobile's network ...