Straight Talk Customer Service

Straight Talk customer service is ranked #473 out of the 724 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 29.50 out of a possible 200 based upon 1985 ratings. This score rates Straight Talk customer service and customer support as Terrible.

1,860 Negative Comments out of 1,985 Total Comments is 93.70%.

125 Positive Comments out of 1,985 Total Comments is 6.30%.

Terrible Overall Customer Service Rating
  • Viewing Straight Talk customer service complaints
    1 - 25 out of 1,860
  • At this point I am pass frustration with Straight Talk. I have been a customer for over two years. all of a sudden I am not able to receive any text. I have spent over 11 hours on the phone with their customer no service department / technical support and the results are the same.
    I am to the point where I have to take my service to another carrier. I called Straight Talk to get the unlock code to my phone and I was told by a very rude person in loss prevention, who would not give me his name, that the current phone I am using was purchased less than 1 year ago and therefore he is not able to give me the unlock code.
    I can't remember when I received worse customer service from a company. I will be ending my phone service with Straight Talk even if I have to purchase another phone from the new vendor.
    At this point - Straight Talk should act in good faith and give me the unlock code to my phone. I purchased this phone from Wal-Mart and I am not under a contract. Base on my experience, the leadership at Straight Talk have ethical issues.

gdelmotg 7/24/14 1:38PM
    Official company reply

Hi! Our sincerest apology for this matter. Let us help you. Please send us an email with your account information at [email protected] or you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 7/24/14 6:24PM

• Worst Customer Service experience ever. When my Straight Talk (ST) phone began acting up and after almost 4 years with ST, it was time for a complete change, phone and service provider. I only switched to ST since at the time Verizon and AT&T did not prepaid plans. I had to port my number back over to Verizon. After waiting three days, the porting was successful. I issued a compliant to the Better Business Bureau since Verizon had said it was a Verizon number once again. I had to shut off both phones and by the next day I could use my new phone. That never happened, I got billed again for Straight Talk. Basically, I was paying two carriers for the same number at the same time. I had called Verizon and ST reps one day after. Verizon reassured that I was active in their system but I still couldn't utilize the phone. ST flatly denied they even received a port request. Only after I issued the BBB compliant did the port go through. Verizon stated they were to do an internal investigation as the porting process shouldn't take longer than 12 hours. Verizon blamed ST for not releasing the number when they requested it. When I called ST to ask for a refund, they indeed followed some kind of script. The lady with a heavy Indian accent (from India's part of the world) was hard to understand. She basically blamed Verizon for everything and hinted the porting was a simple process. She said "no" to a refund request, "no" to a clarification as to why it took 3 days to port a number over and did her farewell script and hung up. Verizon was more helpful and even offered a 50% credit on my next bill for the inconvenience. ST just basically laughed at me and was no help at all. What's funny in all of this is two companies pointing the fingers at each other like 2 kids getting caught in the cookie jar again. Now that the major carriers have a prepaid plan, I'm never going back to Straight Talk. Also if you want to port your number over from ST, do it at least a week before so they won't bill you FULL PRICE for 1-2 days of service. Spread the word to the masses. A company like Straight Talk that uses other carriers' networks should not be trusted. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH STRAIGHT-TALK EVER.

dean man 7/22/14 5:06PM
    Official company reply

Hi! Our sincerest apology for the trouble you've gone through. If assistance is needed, please send us an email to [email protected] or you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW. Thank you!

AprilTS 7/23/14 6:05AM

• This is the worst CELLULAR provider you could ever choose.

Stay away! CSR's lie to you, hang up on you, deceive you, and issues are not resolved.

screw_sraight_talk 7/20/14 11:25AM
    Official company reply

Hi! I noticed your complaint on this blog and I want to help you. Just send me your name, contact number and your phone serial number or cell number and we will resolve your issue right away. Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email. Email your information to [email protected] or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW. Thank you!

AprilTS 7/21/14 6:39AM

• NO SERVICE! full payment was made. I purchased 1 year unlimited plan for whopping 561$
    I have iphone 5 that i purchased in straight talk website which has extremely low speeds. So i call this amazing customer service to have it faster. They say this phone was not activated on my account so they need to do that. Multiple hillarious things they said:
    1.Phone was not bought from straight talk.
    2. Zip code i am using this service does not have towers to provide signals ( i have been using same phone with same service for more than year)
    3. I am getting service from verizon and i needed to confirm that( GOD knows what the hell they thought i was)
    4. I need to change my phone number to the zip code i want to use.( NOTE: i have been using this phone for more than 1 year in the same area with same old number)
    5. I have service ending on the day customer rep messed up my account. They want me to prove that i have purchased 1 year unlimited service and am not lying. ( All my account information was wiped off by this a$$hole who cannot do one service request right) I have still 4months of service left. that is 187$ worth money in their pockets.

Everytime i call and ask they want me to restart my phone ( i did atleast 1000 times). Dial *22890 ( such a waste of time) reset my phone( it is a joke for them). Finally when u ask them to fix this as u have spent 5-10 hours already on calls , they hang up the call. You guys suck. Please refund my money back for the rest of the service. Honestly this is the most frustrating thing a customer has to go through. Enough of this mess. I sincerely warn people not to fall prey for this service.

187- loss 7/18/14 8:10AM
    Official company reply

Hi! I am April and I work with Straight Talk Wireless. I noticed your complaint on this blog and I want to help you. Just send me your name, contact number and your phone serial number or cell number and we will resolve your issue right away. Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email. Email your information to [email protected] or you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW. Thank you!

AprilTS 7/18/14 8:47AM

• impossible to track my return ticket. Have paid for two months of service with no phone in hand. Extremely difficult to follow up on anything and person on other end on line tells you something completely differt every single time.

big ruff 7/13/14 10:51AM
    Official company reply

Hi! I have noticed your post and I apologize for what had happened. Let me help you. Please send an email with your account information at [email protected] or you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW. Thank you!

AprilTS 7/14/14 5:46AM

• bought a phone only had one and ahalf mother's phone will not turn on contact customer service numerous times they lied about sending me information to get my phone fixed send me something to address to send it back to him I never got the email that I never got I am very dissatisfied

cam 7/10/14 2:39PM

AprilTS 7/11/14 6:11AM

• I have been a satisfied customer of Straight Talk for three years with three different lines active. Recently I needed a new phone so I check ST compatibility page using the meid of the new phone. Based on this I purchased a new phone and the suggested activation kit. After several hours of customer service, I was told the phone was not compatible. Same process, I bought a second phone. Same problem, same resolution from Straight Talk. I would not have purchased either phone if ST had not stated they were compatible. The language barrier at customer service makes any remedy impossible and after your alotted time for resolution expires, the ST line is "noncompatible phone". Both new phones showed error messqge "sim card unrecognizable/unregisteted" and "sim card of unknown origin". Unfortunate, very satisfied with the coverage and phone service. Customer Service and support or lack of is what made me move on.

Anonymous 6/26/14 8:22AM
    Official company reply

Hi! Let us help you. Please send us an email at [email protected] or you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 6/26/14 10:43AM

• I have two straight talk numbers, I am trying to get a few problems resolved. I can't get a hold of anyone and its really frustrating!!!

Anonymous 6/26/14 4:58AM
    Official company reply

Hi! I am sorry for what had happened. We are here to help you. Please send us an email with your account information at [email protected] or you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 6/26/14 5:28AM

• There service is deplorable. No help what soever. Straight Talk needs to be shut down. They will keep your refund. The service reps doesn't speak English nor do they understand English.

Lady Di 6/22/14 3:48PM
    Official company reply

Hello! Our apology for the inconvenience. We are here to help you. Please send us your account information at [email protected] or

AprilTS 6/23/14 6:51AM

• This is Elaine Huston in Scottsbluff,Ne. I had to change my credit card account .Someone was getting payment that was not supposed to.I won't have a new card for two-three weeks. Is there an address where I can send a check. I live alone and can not be without my phone. I do enjoy my straight talk phone and service.

Anonymous 6/21/14 8:04PM
    Official company reply

Hi! I have read your post and I would like to help you. Please send us an email at [email protected] or
    you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW. Thank you!

AprilTS 6/23/14 6:47AM

• Don't worry everybody, trying to get anything accomplished through straight talk is like contacting a business from another planet. I will do my best to make sure I let everybody know how I've been ripped off 50.00 and nobody is willing to help. Everywhere I go, I want to tell everyone and anyone how poor the service is and hopefully most people will check online to see the negative ratings. I know the service is cheap but wow, don't worry, eventually straight talk will pull a few more payments out of your wallet to maybe make up for the extra gigs you may have used.( on their unlimited plan) Don't expect help on this site either. It all looks good when they respond but as for me, I just got the same response...." On behalf of my colleagues, I've decided their is nothing we can do to help. Again, My sincere apologies." At least they apologized, give them a break. Who needs the money back anyway. Straight talk needs It more than I do. And I don't care if you respond to this so you can look sweet in front of all the other viewers. I know how you all work. You are a bunch of rip off artists.

ground control to straight talk 6/16/14 10:43AM
    Official company reply

name, contact number and your phone serial number or cell number and we will
    and include it in your email. Email your information to [email protected] or

AprilTS 6/16/14 11:48AM

• On Sunday June 15 2014, I went to the Straight Talk website and tried to activate new cellular service and port my existing ATT phone number for my cell phone.

I followed all the direction provided on their website. I entered my billing information and ATT account information. When I reach the last step I clicked the submit button and their website gave me and error that the page was not available.

At that time I called the customer support line at and spoke with a 5. I provided her with my name and Serial number on the Straight talk SIM card I purchased. I then informed her that the online activation was not successful and that my phone number was not ported correctly. She then informed me that the system did not port my number and that I would have to use the number that system provided me. I informed her that what they advertised was the ability to port an customers existing number into their system and that I could not use the service with out my number being ported. She then informed me that since the system had activated the sim card that I purchased with the wrong number than I would have to by a new sim card and try again. I then ask if she could cancel my order and refund my money so that I could try again. She informed me that she could not refund my money and that I would have to use the number the system provided in order to make use of my purchase. When I asked to speak with a supervisor she informed me that she did not have a supervisor and there was nothing she could do to refund my money. At that point I had no options but to contact my credit card company and dispute that charges. It was then that my credit card company informed me that Straight Talk had made two charges to my credit card for $49.41 and a total of $98.82. However, the original charge that Straight Talk made and refused to refund should have only been for $49.41 but their system charged me twice. I again contacted straight talk and was told no refund could be given.

Please take away from this review what you will and be very careful if choosing to use this company.

mark411 6/15/14 10:08AM
    Official company reply

Hi! This is April and I work with Straight Talk Wireless. I read your post and thought you could use some help. We would need you to send us your account information to this email address [email protected] Include your name, contact number and your cell phone number or serial number. Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 6/15/14 2:36PM

• my phone is set up to charge my credit card every month ,every month they shut it off for nonpayment ,call they say it won`t happen again after talking to them for 1 1/2 hours this is the fourth time

Anonymous 6/13/14 1:11PM
    Official company reply

Hi! Our sincerest apology for the trouble this has caused you. We are here to help you. Please send us your account information at [email protected] or you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW. Thank you!

AprilTS 6/14/14 1:47PM

• I purchased 2 unlimited calling plans for 45.00 for me and my wife like I've done for the past 3 yrs, except this time the automated service sent my minutes to a number I have never seen. I replayed the message and it never gave me the option to reply " This is NOT my number". Needless to say I've been on the phone for about 3 hrs. calling and calling, trying to get someone to help me. I've contacted managers until I'm blue in the face. Like robots, They are sorry but my minutes have been sent to another number. YA THINK??? There is nothing that their customer no service can do. It's against policy. Huh?? I had to call this unknown number to see if they received my minutes and they said they have not. No text or anything was sent to them. Now I'm out 50.00 and they said they could help me fill my minutes if I get another card. They are so friendly. It's only 50.00. Why am I getting so upset anyway after cancelling my plans and food cold on the table. Nothing was resolved. It's amazing how you can run a business like this with no way to at least refund or credit your loyal customer ( which doesn't exceed his UNLIMITED 2-3 gigs a month) back when you know I've been nothing but legit. Thanks and I hope someone can help. I'm out 50.00 and need my phone for my business.

curtis 6/12/14 5:19PM

AprilTS 6/12/14 5:54PM

• Okay, my husband needed a new card on his phone yesterday... so when he got off of work, I called from HIS phone to buy the $45.00 plan, as we do EVERY month! The lady kept telling me the credit card # I was giving her was not a Visa, when in fact it was! After the 3rd time, she finally got it. She explained that the total was $49.XX and the phone would be available tomorrow for use. I said, why can't he use it until tomorrow, usually they have us hang up and shut our phone off then it's on. She said no, thats not correct. Well, the money was taken out of our account and his phone (which is the next day) still is not working! He has called 2 more times and talked online to a rep and nothing! They keep telling him they put the time on another phone on that account. There is no other phone on that account!!!!! And even if there were, (which there isn't), why would I tell the lady 3 times the phone number of the phone I was trying to add the plan to? Makes no sense. So now we are out almost 50 dollars and still no help AT ALL from Straight Talk? We have never had any issues for the past year... but now we have an issue! I need to know what to do so he can use his phone!!! Grrrr!

Angry1234 6/11/14 9:50AM
    Official company reply

Hi! Our sincerest apology for what had happened. Let us help you. Please send us an email at [email protected] or you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 6/11/14 2:47PM

• Absolutely the worst customer service I have ever had from a company. I told the rep that my phone kept freezing up on every application that I used and when calling someone. He wanted me to uninstall all my apps. Said the problem wasn't with the phone but it was with the app. I told him it does it with all the apps and when I'm calling someone. He said the same thing. Then said that he could do a hard reset which then I would lose everything I had on the phone. I just hung up and got no where. Don't use straight talk if you can help it.

Anonymous 6/7/14 10:41AM
    Official company reply

Hi! Our apology for the inconvenience this has caused you. We are here to resolve the issue. Please send us an email with your account information at [email protected] or

AprilTS 6/7/14 12:16PM

• I bought my grandson a phone and service from straight talk a year ago, no problems I was pleased with the service.
    Near the end of April I ordered my phone from Walmart.com when it came it took over 2 hours to activate because the serial number was different then the one on the phone. The phone was defective it would not hold a charge for 2 days on standby. I called and complained within a couple days I had an envelope to return the phone. I paid $193 for the original phone and it is being replaced with a refurbished phone. The original phone was less then a month old when I returned it, now the ZTE sells for $130. I believe that it should be replaced with new. This is a total rip off.
    While I was on the phone with straight talk I could hear the recordings loud and clear. When the represenatives are on I can barely hear them, communications are horrible.

Mary 6/5/14 10:11AM
    Official company reply

Hi! I am April and I work with Straight Talk Wireless. I can help you get this resolved right away. Please email us your contact information to [email protected] Include your name, contact number, cell phone or serial number. Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email or you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW. Thank you!

AprilTS 6/5/14 12:20PM

• they are lazy, they cover thier tracks by playing the blame game. in our case bought a nice phone. then of coures my wife would like one all so . so in the process the gave me her old phone number and lost the minutes, then now when i make calls i get this BIG verizon pich how they are the provider who gives a care i don't really have the time to be side traked with this subbilmal chatter. so all in a nut shell they in cyber world

jonny-13-thunder 6/5/14 7:43AM

AprilTS 6/5/14 8:13AM

• Furious is all I can say. I have an Iphone 5s on Verizon but with the gsm sim port unlocked.

I went to the BYOP on straight talks sight and entered my MEID number and it said the phone would work. I then enter the IMEI number to verify the gsm sim would work.....

I then called Straight talk and did the same thing. Gave them my MEID and IMEI to run thru and was givin and ok on both. Was told I just needed to go buy the Nano SIM Activation Kit, insert the nano sim and call to activate the 30 $45 plan.

Did that and it does NOT work!!!! (or could I possibly be doing something wrong? Its not that hard to follow those directions!!!!)

So I called ST back and explained everything that I did(check w/site, check w/call, bought correct activation kit, followed directions)to 2 different people of whom none were any help!! I even asked about the APN as I thought it would need changed maybe, THEN GOT HUNG UP ON!! REALLY.

So rude SO rude! and Im furious enough to make a Negative Youtube and other Social Media video about it. If you are going to have a BYOP option have someone trained to be able to help and have the expertise knowledge to do it!

Again, SO RUDE and UNKNOWLEDGABLE.

If anyone knows how to help me with this my email address is (oneoftheboys08) at (sc.rr.com)

Aaliyah9055 6/4/14 2:55PM

AprilTS 6/4/14 5:31PM

• This company has the worst customer service I have ever encountered. After several attempts to activate a service, I'm giving up and staying with my previous provider. My loss to StraightTalk due to non-refund policy adds up to $75. Two weeks no service. StraightTalk customer service asked that I order sim card in three separate occasions just to port number. The third one they shipped to me was a micro SIM card and not the nano I asked for. Now I'm stuck with three useless sim cards, no service, no refund.

modebe 6/3/14 3:18PM

AprilTS 6/3/14 5:29PM

• How can u guys say your plans are unlimited and then send a txt saying your cutting my internet speed in half because ive reached my data limit???its supposed to be unlimited,correct?i don't even use my internet that much and ucut my speed down?as it is u guys have the slowest loading internet of all time.....its horrible.....and half the time u cant even heat people good when they call....i spent almost 300 dollars on my phone and bought a 6 month service card.... and i gotta say what a friggin ripoff u guys are....and your customer service sux.....u get someone on the phone who (a)has no idea how to help u and(b) cant even barely speak english......u gotta be kidding me.....anyone out there considering straighttalk as your provider turn around and dont look back because theyre gonna take your hard earned money .....rating 1-10......-100

anonymous 6/3/14 5:25AM

AprilTS 6/3/14 3:00PM

• Beware, if you absolutely cannot be without a phone, do not use them. I was simply switching phones to another straight talk phone, and after first being lied to and told to wait 24 hrs, they said I needed a new sim card and that it would arrive in 3 to 5 business days, so I asked if I could reactivate my other phone until then, their reply, only if I paid for another month and got a new number! Alot of good a new number will do me

Disgrunteled 5/30/14 7:48PM
    Official company reply

you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW. Thank you!

AprilTS 5/31/14 5:46AM

• I tried to add minutes to my mobile hotspot.I had to talk to 3 people very rude.One of them put a number in wrong and gave my 60 days to someone else.They wouldn't correct and told me they had no supervisor there that would talk to me .I started this at 12:22 pm and hung up at 2:30 pm.I never got it fixed.When I ask the last man I talked to why it was taking so long to put this in his system his reply was "Why are you in a hurry to go somewhere."Very bad customer service

Unhappy customer 5/30/14 2:57PM
    Official company reply

Hi! I read your post and I am sorry that you are having problems. Please send me your
    contact information to the following email address [email protected]
    We can help you get the problem resolved right away. Please include your name,
    phone serial number or cell phone number. Just copy and paste your comments from

AprilTS 5/31/14 5:43AM

• Your customer service rep gave me the wrong email to report the poor customer service i rec'd from the first rep.

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server.

I have been on the phone for 30 minutes .2 service reps have disconnected my chat session as i was typing. My phone was deactivated . I have auto withdrawal from my bank and there is almost 900$ in the account. The first rep names PRIME... stated my card was declined..... then disconnected me before i could respond as I WAS TYPING..

The 2nd rep named ADDY apologized but IGNORED my question.....stated same thing. My bank says there is nothing wrong with my card...

I am disabled and need my phone. Your company can not survive treating customers this way..

I was told by Addy to call a number for help.Please tell whoever trained ADDY that a person whose phone has been deactivated CAN NOT call ANYONE..

Your remote answering service when i dial " 1" on my phone asks me for a credit card , but the recording goes over and over and never lets one enter CC info..... Horrible Customer service....

Melba 5/30/14 8:25AM
    Official company reply

Hi! I apologize for the trouble this has caused you. Let us help you. Please send us an email with your account information at [email protected] or

AprilTS 5/30/14 10:15AM

• I bought an activation kit and an unlocked phone but you failed to activate the service. Your service totally sucks and I just wasted my money for nothing.

pwee 5/29/14 5:36PM

AprilTS 5/29/14 5:39PM

• Viewing positive Straight Talk customer service ratings
  • I love straight talk!! But I have no idea where I can go to ask for help with my phone. I have no warrenty, :( my phone is on with a blank screen I can tell its on because on the ZTE Majesty there's a light that blinks when I have a notification....my phone had been glitching so bad, I had to get another cheaper phone that I honestly don't really like. Is there some place I can send it to get fixed with a warrenty? even if I have to pay a fee....

Anonymous 6/25/14 6:13PM
    Official company reply

Hi! This is Sara, and I work with Straight Talk Wireless. I read your post, and would like to help you with it. To better assist you, please send us an email at [email protected], or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 6/25/14 8:33PM

• I purchased a Straight Talk ZTE Majesty android phone at my local Walmart store in Utica NY. When I called customer service to register my phone and import my phone number from Verizon wireless they were extremely helpful, never put me on hold at all and I got through to talk to someone in no time at all. The women was very nice and very helpful, she told me that when my old phone stops working that my new phone would work after I dialed * and four more numbers and that the system would then set up my phone. She also told me that this could take anywhere from two hours or up to two days. When we where finished and I hung up with her I waited about FIVE MINUTES and I checked my Verizon phone and it had been shut off so I dialed the * and the four numbers that I was instructed to do and the system set up my phone with no problem at all. The whole thing from start to finish took only fifteen to twenty minutes and I was on my way with my new phone. I have called Straight Talk customer service in the past several times and I have never had a problem getting through to an operator. I do not know what all these other people on these forums are talking about, I have had a great experience with Straight Talk so far and am glad that I left Verizon, should have done it a long time ago. It was one of the best customer service experiences that I have ever had.

Get Real 3/30/14 5:41PM
    Official company reply

Hi! Thank you for the complement about the service. We are glad that you were assisted well. If further assistance is needed, please send us an email at [email protected] or you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 3/31/14 5:34AM

• For all of the negativity, I have a positive. My experience was most rewarding. I contacted ST by e-mail, had tremendous support from Theodore and Kurt, and within three days, my problem was completely solved. I tried calling, but had trouble understanding the gentleman on the other end. Almost gave up, but decided to go the e-mail route. Our phones consume so much of our time that when one little thing goes wrong, we panic. I am very grateful for the fast, courteous service. Life is too short. Step back, breathe, and have patience. They can help, if you let them do their job. Thanks again, Straighttalk.

JBergner 1/30/14 8:20AM
    Official company reply

Hi JBergner! My name is April of Straight Talk Wireless. We're glad to know that your issues were responded to, and resolved in a timely matter. Should you need further assistance in the future, just notify us via email at [email protected] or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 1/30/14 6:46PM

• The customer service reps of straight talk have the worst attitudes! Paid for their $10 global card, tried to make an international call to Trinidad and Tobago and it did not work. I called S.T. and the first CSR in an obnoxious tone (first told me the terms and conditions of international calling) instead of trying to help me out (making it seem as though it was my fault). Then she asked me which country I was trying to get in contact with. I told her it was Trinidad and Tobago. She asked in Central America? I said no in the Caribbean. She then corrected me in the same obnoxious tone that Trinidad and Tobago is in Central America. By the way I grew up in Trinidad and Tobago, it is located in the Caribbean just above Venezuela. Central America is made up of seven countries (none of them Trinidad and Tobago). After what I consider an insult to me and my country, she told me that I would need to dial *22890 and the situation will be rectified. I asked her if it does not work is there a number I can call back? Again in her obnoxious tone told me if I dial that number and follow the instructions it will work. I did just that and It did not work! So I had to call back, wait for a Csr for about a half an hour to be told that I need another contact number so I can call them and have them reset my phone. I do not have another phone since I am a new INTERNATIONAL student! So they eventually told me how to reset the phone and told me if it does not work, find a PAYPHONE and call them! This is The best Customer Service I have ever received. Thank You CSRs! I am definitely considering changing plans to RadioShack no contract. With such great customer service I am sure you will keep all your customers! Thank you again for all the help!

Shenshen 1/18/14 3:55PM
    Official company reply

Hi! I am April from Straight Talk Wireless. Our sincerest apology for the trouble this has caused you. If assistance is needed, please send us an email at [email protected] or you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW. Thank you!

AprilTS 1/20/14 7:06AM

• To Customer Service........

The person who helped me renew my monthly
    payment schedule was very professional and
    easy to work with!!

Thanks so much for his help!

Joe Wood

Anonymous 12/22/13 11:34AM

Hi Joe,

We are happy to know that you were assisted immediately with your concern. We can also assist you here. Just send us an email to [email protected] or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 12/23/13 2:54PM

• Very frustrated this morning with their "customer service"
    It was less than great, but she was eventually able to help me..and In the end I ended up with two months of unlimited- When I had paid for 30 days "everything you need" and an unlimited. But only because The first card I bought "everything you need" did not work, couldnt make calls, even though my blackberry is compatible with both, so I added an unlimited card the same day but I only got one month credit.. I called and complained..the lady didnt understand me
    Multiple times...
    Couldnt make out english..
    Finally She was able to help me which is more than most contract phones..

rachellh08 12/18/13 11:52AM
    Official company reply

April here with Straight Talk Wireless. We can be of any assistance. Just send us an email at [email protected] or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

AprilTS 12/18/13 12:22PM

• Actually in general I find their service very good value for money and I can get to speak to a live person, unfortunately I can never understand their Hispanic form of English. Such a shame.

Pete 10/22/13 8:52AM

Hi Pete,

We apologize if you have been inconvenienced. Anyway, please send us an email at [email protected], if you need assistane. Thank you!

AprilTS 10/22/13 8:40PM

• As a straight talk customer for the past 4 year's i have had a postive experience ,the half dozen time's I have called.I always have my info together they need to get the problem fixed and they have not failed in fixing it for me yet.Complainer's you need to read instructions and follow them,that right there would free up the line's for real problem's.

Anonymous 9/21/13 10:12PM
    Official company reply

Hi! This is April from Straight Talk Wireless. We are glad knowing that you are happy and satisfied with the service. If you might need online assistance, you can send us an email at [email protected] Thank you!

AprilTS 9/22/13 7:24AM

• I have just read some of the comments that customers have left on this page and was surprised at the dissatisfied customers. I have used straight talk for over 3 years, and I love it 30 dollars a month and you have a phone anywhere in town. When I lost my phone and replaced it I too had to go through the hard to understand customer service who told me that my number would be ported to my new phone from 2 hours to 2 days go figure???
    after 4 days and not having my phone I called Trac-phone who owns Straight talk and after telling their computer I wanted to talk to a live person I finally got a English speaking rep that within 20 minutes had my number ported to my new phone and I again was in business. During this process I didn't get angry or curse at the rep they are only trying to help you. If enough of us call the owner TRAC-FONE maybe they will bring customer service back to the US where it belongs.

Doodle 9/19/13 10:46AM
    Official company reply

Hi! This is April from Straight Talk Wireless. We do apologize for the inconvenience of the trouble that you have gone through. If you might need our online assistance, feel free to send us an email at [email protected]

AprilTS 9/19/13 11:15AM

• I thought of giving a update on the galaxy centura that you sent to replace my proclaim (defective) I have had the phone since July 8th and it's been a awesome phone it still looks brand new no even so much as a scrape on it. I even got my own mother to consider getting one. I can honestly say this is the best straight talk phone I have owned and its way better than the proclaim. Thank you so much.

Drewie 9/9/13 9:51AM

Hi Drewie,

We are glad knowing that you are happy and satisfied with the service. If in case that you will need assistance, please send us an email at [email protected]

Sara

AprilTS 9/9/13 8:33PM

• When I first considered switching to Straight Talk I was skeptical, but the prospect of saving more than eleven-hundred-dollars over two years was tempting so I did a lot of research and read a lot of customer comments.

While I was initially turned off by the amount of negative and derogatory information about Straight Talk I found, the more I read, the more I realized that a great deal of it was baseless. By that I mean that people were complaining about things that were either clearly spelled out in the Straight Talk literature, or they were complaining about things that they in fact caused. One in particular involved several pages from an irate customer who was unable to port his old number to his new Straight Talk phone and endured a lengthy service disruption. In fact, the entire problem stemmed from the fact that he cancelled his previous service before trying to move his number to the new phone, something the Straight Talk information made abundantly clear in numerous places that doing this would make it impossible for them to port your old number to the new phone.

However the customer service complaints many people made definitely seemed to be based on genuine issues on the part of Straight Talk.

nine7one 8/1/13 2:28AM

Hi,

Thank you for your interest with the service. If we can be of any assistance, feel free to contact us by sending us an email at [email protected] Thank you!

AprilTS 8/9/13 3:32PM

• i just called and someone answered right away also fix my phone in ten min thanks straight talk

na 7/27/13 6:43PM
    Official company reply

You're welcome! Glad to hear that your issue was fixed. If you need assistance, just let us know. Send us an email at [email protected]

AprilTS 7/29/13 3:10PM

• I am very happy with the Samsung galaxy centura (brand new) you sent to replace my proclaim that was out of stock. :)

drewie 7/13/13 12:32PM
    Official company reply

Hi Drewie! We're glad to know that you are happy with the replacement phone. If you need assistance, just let us know. Send us an email at [email protected] Thank you!

AprilTS 7/13/13 2:19PM

• The service SUCKS BAD it losees call & really all I want now is my account #.Until things get better with the service.

Anonymous 6/13/13 9:35AM
    Official company reply

Hi! This is April from Straight Talk Wireless. We are willing to help you get this issue resolved. Send us an email at [email protected] Thank you.

AprilTS 6/13/13 11:32AM

• was with ST for 2 years and had great service, great coverage. then i made the mistake of leaving them for
    Tracfone. What a mistake that was. Now I can't even use my phone in my own home because the coverage is so poor. I'm going back to ST. If the service turns out to be poor I plan to go to WM and sit on the doorstep until they fix it. It is a trick I learned from my mother called broken record. Just keep saying the same thing over and over until you wear them down...all of you should try it...it really works. Isn't that how kids manage to get what they want in the grocery store?????

belllady 6/3/13 9:19AM
    Official company reply

Hi Belllady, this is April from TracFone Wireless. Iím sorry to hear about your bad experiences with the service. Allow us to help you on this matter. Please send us an email at [email protected] Thank you!

AprilTS 6/3/13 9:27AM

• ive never had any problems maybe you guys are asking or saying the wrong things. or refilling your service to early and over using your smart phones.

kay marie 5/23/13 6:47AM
    Official company reply

Hi Kay, I am April from Straight Talk Wireless. We do apologize for the trouble you've been through. We can help you, please send us an email at [email protected] to better assist you. Thank you.

AprilTS 5/23/13 7:13AM

• I was really happy they resolved my issue in just one call. Its an amazing experienced knowing a lot of reviews stating how bad their support is. The representative is very friendly but I forgot his name though. Only one bad comment I have for them is the long wait on the line jsut to have someone answer the call. I hope they can find a way to remedy this somehow.

verypleased 5/8/13 6:01PM
    Official company reply

Hi, we appreciate your positive feedback. You can also email us at [email protected] if youíll need our assistance. Have a great day.

AprilTS 5/8/13 7:51PM

• they don't have account numbers but my PIN number/pass code is

I want my number with ported to Straight Talk from the pdf is all the information for the purchase of 1-month from staighttalk.com.

Straight talks problem is that they don't have the correct PIN code for porting wich is

what is your contact num so that i can call you

Gary 4/23/13 7:35PM
    Official company reply

Hi Gary! This is Sara from Straight Talk Wireless. We are willing to help you get this issue fixed. You can call our customer care center at 1-877-430-2355 from Monday to Sunday, 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. We are also able to assist you, please send us an email at [email protected] with your phone number, serial number and contact number together with the most convenient time for us to call you.

AprilTS 4/24/13 7:21AM

• I love their service. Cheap price and serves me enough according to my phone needs. Im not that much of a cellphone user, just using it when its really important and use quite a little amount of data. I just had some problems at times especially when it comes to the time in refilling the account, card wont load or cc purchase wont process right away. But, getting hold of the service support really is horrible.

STSolutions 4/17/13 6:56PM
    Official company reply

Hi STSolutions, this is April from Straight Talk Wireless. Our apology if you have experience some technical issues with our service. Don't hesitate to send us an email at [email protected] if you need assistance with your account. Thanks!

AprilTS 4/17/13 7:06PM

• Had porting issues. Call and got US representative; "to further" assist me, she transferred me to an India representative. I was on the line for 36 mins. [Initial 3 mins consist of transfere]. First 15 mins, the overseas rep had to wait for my ticket/account number to load. I told him what the issue was. Took him another 10 mins to "try" to find Tmobile number [your dept deals with porting, why don't you have a list of other providers!!?!] By his tone he didn't want to do a 3 way call [ ST, Tmo, & myself to resolve the issue]. Waited another 8 mins only to have him tell me he can't reach Tmobile and I can call myself if I like.

OnlyBCitsCheap 4/16/13 5:58PM
    Official company reply

Hi, this is April from Straight Talk Wireless. We apologize for the inconvenience. We are willing to help you get your issue resolved. For us to further check your account, please send us an email at [email protected] with your name, phone number, serial number or the IMEI of your phone and your alternate contact number. Thank you!

AprilTS 4/16/13 7:45PM

• Have Had My Phone For A Few Years Now, Like It So Well Got My Mom One As Well.now I Am Wondering If Straight Talk Will Ever Go To Internet Broadband. Have Cricket Now And It Sucks As Far As Being To Get Out Any Where. Go Straight Talk Go Internet For Me

Anonymous 4/11/13 1:34PM

Hi,

I am April from Straight Talk Wireless. Thank you for your interest in our service. As of the moment there is no update as to when or if "Internet Broadband" will be available on our service. However, Straight Talk always strives to improve the service, thus, it is not impossible that "Internet Broadband" will be available in the near future. If you have further questions, email us at [email protected] Thank you.

AprilTS 4/11/13 4:42PM

• Customer service resolved my issue it took a few emails and they called back so I'm happy Again it is fine fore and my child brenda

Brenda 4/9/13 3:55PM
  • I have had no problem with my Samsung Model number SCH-S720C Straight Talk phone.
    I never once have had a problem tech support and get me mins. with the walmart phone cards. Thank you Straight Talk for you Fine Service, Phone, Tech Support.

RobDot 4/5/13 1:42AM
  • Just got off the phone with David. He was very pleasant to work with and fixed my issue in a very short and painless time. Have always been happy with the straight talk phones and service. Keep up the good work! Thanks again to David.

Anonymous 4/1/13 10:28AM
  • From John Myers. Straight Talk is, without question, the best cell service I've ever used -- and I've used them all! I have no trouble using the phone all over the country, (with the exception of zip code 87718). Thank you.

John R. Myers 3/27/13 6:00PM
  • Im a straightalk employee and I do understand what american are talking about us not really understanding them. I can understand english very well but what about others out there who don't. I fully commit on helping those who needs help when they call I put my heart to it. But sometimes guidelines limit me from dealing problems like a human being, instead its directing me into becoming a robot. To tell you the truth straight talk is a great prepaid service if only where directed to deal problems like a human being. I mean who would want to be yeld at over the phone? But some Americans to be honest just have no idea what there talking about.. For example one lady was talking to me about purchasing in the internet basically i told her the product available and the warranty and that was very clear. She said I do not understand but that was one example though.

The Asian Boy 2/2/12 5:10AM

• I used to be a Straight Talk Customer Service Representative. If you people had a bad experience with ST customer service, then I had the worst experience in working with straight talk. First, they do not allow us to say anything that's not on the script; second, the system sucks; third, we end up giving customers wrong information because their system get so much errors. Take for instance, credit card transactions. What we get from the system is that customers' credit cards were declined, but the thing is...it wasn't declined, it was the system itself that's not allowing the transaction to go through. As for the ENGLISH part, well, people from the Philippines get blamed for the bad English when, in fact, those representatives who can't communicate in English well are those from Baranquilla, Bogota and Guyana.

EXStraightTalkCSRep 1/20/12 5:20PM

• Im an straight talk supervisor, i know that straight talk service has many trouble like waiting too much for the reps to answer or sometimes too many issues with the system that cause problems with the phones.

We employees, aknowledge these problems and try to handle the issues that the system gives out, the 95% of cases of being unable of using the phone are due to system errors.

The company really tries to improve and solve the system errors as soon as posible, but mean while i recommend you to make this steps when in a call with an st rep.

if you are unable to use your phone, if you have problems with sms, mms, browser or making calls:

if your phone is cdma (verizon)
    dial *22890, *22891, *22801 (press option 1) and *73.
    if your phone is still not working, call the custumer service, the rep will look in the system he will give you some codes and check the system. if after the codes your ph is still not working ASK FOR A SUPERVISOR OR MANAGER. higher department agents have way much more tools than a normal agent.

if your phone is gsm (atyt, t-mobile)

take out battery and sim card for about 1 minute, after that insert it back in.

the same with cdma phones, if the rep is taking too long or u dont understand it just ask to be transfered in a gentle way, when custumers normally ask to be transfered is when they are really pissed off, do not stress ur self, straight talk is not going to take ur money without providing u the service, they will grant compensation for u if you are unable to use the phone.

IF YOUR PHONE IS ANDROID (sprint)
    go to menu
    go to settings
    go to about phone
    go to system updates
    and go to update profile
    press ok

after that press update prl
    press ok
    turn off the phone, turn it back on.

usually the system of straight talk has trouble due to verizon or atyts updates, they are constantly changing things on the system and causing delays and phones disconnected.

and one thing more if your service end date is in 1 day, do not enroll in autorefill, your phone will be disconnected because it takes 24 hours to activate the autorefill thats why it doesnt work most of times.

i hope those trouble shooting steps are usefull for u
    happy new year :)

strep 1/7/12 1:35PM

• Hey guys! before you complain about straight customer service representative being idiots try to see what the company really has to offer you.. CSRs are there to assist you with the use of the system provided by the company, so basically they are just following what the system tells them.Don't blame the CSRs its not their fault if your phone is out of minutes or out of service, they don't have the tools to take out minutes on your phone. CSRs are just there to follow the policy that the company gives them, they don't gain anything if they tell you that your phone is defective and advice you that you need to buy a new phone. Its not the fault of the company if they like hiring people from other countries, in the first place its their prerogative plus if the cost of labor is not that expensive the company may just decide to employ Americans instead of those that are hired from other countries. A little advice if you wanted to call on and ask for the assistant of a CSR please try to be more specific with your request, example when your phone just don't work it won't power on. Don't just tell the CSR that your phone is not working try to be more specific like "my phone is not working the moment i Got it form the store, can I have a refund or a replacement phone for this?" if you have some issuse try to make some research on your own product knowledge of CSRs are limited to what the company provides to them... Remember this is a prepaid service no contracts are used for this, try to assess first what you are getting you self into before you decide to do something. its hard to complain when you don't have the virtue of patience.

Anonymous 8/7/11 8:58AM

Openminded guy 8/6/11 8:30PM

• ok im a rep for straighttalk,some of the complaints are good some are bad and some are pretty much funny...ok for the comment with the poor (customer service)-there is a short amount of reps to take calls,so they tooke the reps that take spanish calls and let them take english calls so u guys wont have to wait on hold till another rep finish assisting a customer.my language is pure english and i could understand them,because i speak to them every day,even though we r from different countries, y cant u understand them? comments for the (long hold time)-answer to that,"few reps lots of customer"..the coment with the guy that wants to burn his phone and dance around it.i find it being sarcastic.but my answer to u is to go right away and burn your phone its your, you bought it,,the coment with the earthquake int he phillipeans, thats not nice remember they are human beings 2..im still reading your coments and concerns and i will give u guys an answer at a later time

ceb/geo/dmg.......bad/good agent 4/26/11 8:28PM

• as a rep, i dontthink we are rude,but some of u call for no reason,eg how to access the browser how to find phone numbers how to send text message.jus stop it

Anonymous 3/6/11 10:15PM

• i am a straight talk cs rep and after hearing all those posts of inconvenience and horror stories about our service, i could honestly say that some are caused by our own systems' mishaps, but some could have been avoided if customers would also do their part - read and acknowledge our TOS and pls. try reading instructions. We do also try our best to solve every technical issue and we're here to assist you if ever you get stuck somewhere with the service but please also do your part as a customer because when you decided on getting our service is when you also decided to work with us. Having a working service is BOTH our company's and YOUR responsibility.
    - horror stories about porting numbers: we try our best to work on it w/in hours but it may take at most up to 7 days. We give and ask you of our terms if you do agree. We give you a good deal of information but some customers just want to get things done their way. Effective communication is two way, it can only be achieved if both parties listen and understand. For example, we ask you as a main requirement that a number should still be active w/ the previous service, but some port their numbers though its about to be deactivated on the same day - of course that would cause problems and delay. Some don't provide their correct account numbers and pins - those really cause delays. We tell you that it may take at most up to 7 days but some even call immediately w/in 24 hours after the request has been carried out. Come on people, we communicate w/ your old service provider, we give them info and wait for their response, it's not as if we can immediately snatch your numbers from them because you've asked us to.
    - roll over (esp. w/ the all you need plan users) : it has been clearly indicated on our TOS that we don't stack the service days, nor the minutes over. If you happen to experience that they did, we apologize, but it was due to our system's glitch. Though we knew that some minutes did roll over, we didn't erase them even though we had the power to do so. We do understand that it's our fault for having it dragged on for too long, thus creating misunderstandings but please don't be mad if your minutes had been erased after doing your refill.
    -- please just do bear with us, while we continue to work on those weak and problematic areas, we hear and understand your concerns and will be working on giving you the best service and best customer service but we also need your cooperation --

love and peace!! :)

iWorkAtStraightalk 8/17/10 8:01PM

• I APOLOGIZED FOR THE INCONVENIENCE YOU HAVE WITH STRAIGHT TALK. I UNDERSTAND HOW FRUSTRATING IT IS TO YOU TO DEAL WITH THOSE ISSUES. IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEM WITH YOUR STRAIGHT TALK ACCOUNT/PHONE YOU CAN ALSO CONTACT THIS NUMBER 1-877-430-2355. I AM A FILIPINO AND IF YOU HAPPEN TO TALK TO FILIPINO CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE FROM THE PHILIPPINES, I AM SURE THAT WE WILL NOT HANG UP ON YOU. MAYBE IT WILL TAKE A WHILE TO SOLVE YOUR ISSUES BECAUSE WE ARE STILL LEARNING OF THE TOOLS USED TO SOLVE STRAIGHT TALK PHONES/ACCOUNT ISSUES BUT REST ASSURED THAT WE WILL NOT FAIL YOU BY DOING OUR BEST TO RESOLVE YOUR PROBLEM. ALTHOUGH SOME OF US DON'T HAVE THE AMERICAN ACCENT BUT WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU AND GIVE YOU SMILE AS MUCH AS WE CAN. WE WILL BE VERY HAPPY TO ASSIST YOU ALL. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! GOD BLESS US ALL!!

jekha 7/21/10 8:47AM

Check out these popular comparisons of Straight Talk customer service versus other companies:
Straight Talk vs. AT&T Wireless
Straight Talk vs. Verizon Wireless
Straight Talk vs. Virgin Mobile
Straight Talk vs. Vonage
Straight Talk vs. Walmart
Authorized representatives of Straight Talk can sign up to reply to any of the comments found on this page.

877-430-2355
Straight Talk customer service phone number including steps to reach representatives, hours of operation, customer support links and more from ContactHelp.com.

Complete Straight Talk customer service phone numbers and contact information at ContactHelp.com

Get immediate support for your Straight Talk questions from HelpOwl.com.

Receive immediate support for Straight Talk at HelpOwl.com

View thousands of Straight Talk user reviews and customer ratings available at ReviewOwl.com.

Straight Talk reviews and ratings at ReviewOwl.com

Pros & Cons: Should you go with Walmart's $45/month Straight Talk prepaid ...
Deal News says Straight Talk is a great deal--as long as you don't expect Verizon or AT&T-style quick customer service. Bottom line: Straight Talk will save you money over a conventional cell phone plan. Just realize that it comes with a few drawbacks.
Pocono Luxury Inc. Honored With Third Straight Talk of the Town Customer ...
The Talk of the Town Awards, presented by Talk of the Town News, customer care News magazine and Celebration Media U.S., honor companies and professionals that provide excellent customer service as reported by their customers through no-cost,†...
Straight Talk and Net10 to Launch iPhone 5s/5c at Walmart on December 13
As mentioned customer service is mostly nonexistant - web pages, that's about it - and they don't even have the steps you need to do for your iphone layed out - you have to search google to find other people who have done it and posted them. The price ...