T-Mobile Customer Service

T-Mobile customer service is ranked #444 out of the 709 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 30.49 out of a possible 200 based upon 1988 ratings. This score rates T-Mobile customer service and customer support as Disappointing.

1,867 Negative Comments out of 1,988 Total Comments is 93.91%.

121 Positive Comments out of 1,988 Total Comments is 6.09%.

• Viewing T-Mobile customer service complaints
    1 - 25 out of 1,867
  • I do not know how communication works with T-mobile team. If I have to provide or remember the name of the last person I spoke with before a problem is resolved, then there is a question mark. It is not polite for a customer service person to keep insisting that a customer should name their personnel who tried to resolve his /her (customer's) concerns previously and if she cannot remember the name nothing will be done regarding the previous concern. In addition, how many times should a customer has to call on the same issue? Terrible Experience.

Baby 4/23/14 11:16AM
  • Tmobile screwed me over. They said they would pay for my Early Termination Bill, i am still waiting for it to this day. My email said I would have it within 8 weeks and this is week 10. I called customer service and the representative lied to me and said it was shipped out on April 1st. Today is April 17th, I told her it does not take 17 days to ship something. She gave me a fake tracking number and then blamed my parents for taking it. I left Tmobile and I am not getting my Early Termination credit now. I now got stuck paying the fees. I also got lied to saying I had phone service where I was moving, as soon as I got there there was no service in my area. If you ever consider switching to Tmobile, you might want to reconsider unless you want to get lied to and ripped off. The costumer service is terrible and phone service sucks.

Anonymous 4/17/14 1:29PM
  • TMOBILE is a big scam. They gave me Collection notice that I haven't paid my bills but I have a post paid account with them. Tired from this scam company. They just steal money, big scammer.

Anonymous 4/17/14 12:38PM
  • im terry nicholas phone number been with tmobile sence u bought out deight phone co about 11 years ago i got a text saying go to t mobile store and get new sims card i did and my phone been messed up sence i did that took it back today to same store and was told not there fault cant help u so if that the way you are doing bussiness you dont need me i need phone that works i got pre paid it best plan for me and looks like i go to someone else so i can get service or help in geting phone working i got a smiple phone not real smart about all this new stuff and i dont text so smiple is good for me nothing wrong with my phone till new sims card can u help or do i go to another place ty for your time

terry nicholas

terry nicholas 4/14/14 11:39AM
  • Tmobile Is The Worse Cellular Yet, I Live In St Louis Mo And Am A Disable Retiree, They Make You Want To Hurt Yourself Regarding The Service You Rec'd...this Office Is At 4100 Lindel And Everyone There Is Horrible Starting With The Mgr Chris...i Have Taken My Phone Back Over 15 Times Due To It Freezing, I Can't Rec'd R Call Out, The Last Storm We Had I Had To Take Ph Back As A Result I Caught The Flu, I Paid For Trip To Canada And Couldn't Go Because I Had The Flu, They Just Look At Me As If I'm Crazy Old Lady, They Tend To Assist Whites Over Blacks, I Witness Them Logging In A White Couples Complaints Of Phone, Giving Them A Phone To Use While They Sent Her Bad Phone Back, At This Time I Had Been In The Store Over 10 Times And No One Ever Logged My Compliants In Or Offered Me A New Phone, The Salesman Evern Came From Behind The Counter And Hugged The White Couple, I Suffered From Psy Problems And This Really Made Me Feel Bad, It Shouldn't Matter That I Am Black, I Deserve Better, At Present Time I Was Given A Loaner, Only Because I Asked, My Sims Card Was Checked, Only Because I Asked, And They Sent For A New Phone, Only Because I Asked, It Took 21 Times Of My Going Into Store, My Catching The Flu, And A Great Deal Of Humiliation, And I'm Still Not Sure This Phone Will Work

TERRIFIED ELDERLY LADY 4/11/14 11:31AM
  • T Mobile steals money from the elderly and disabled and isn't even apologetic about it. It's like " oh we'll, your loss". You can't trust anyone anymore. The best phone service these days is Straight Talk from Walmart. They don't give you ant bull or lies and most importantly they don't steal your money for a service you never received!

Ripped off 3/28/14 12:29PM
  • I have an apple iphone purchased from USA with t carrier. Now this set is locked and demand unlocking code . Pls send me unlocking code or contact me. Pls sir

Akhil a 3/27/14 11:36PM
  • They have the sorriest 4g network. I have the 500mb data package and after its been used it goes to 3g which im ok with, when I didn't get no Internet connection at all I called customer service and stated I was not getting any internet connections the rep told me it was because I used all my data and if I wanted internet connection I would have to buy a data. I explained to the rep that I been had this data package and the internet worked properly. I had to reboot the phone and now the internet is still sorry. When my niece was at my house she had a prepaid walmart tmobile 4g and her Internet worked perfectly, what I dont like is tmobile getting service to ppl that pay full price and prepaid gets better data.

anonymous 3/23/14 5:40PM
  • I am new with this plan and I was not told that I can not received International calls. On March 20th 2014 I paid the monthly service for March and April $37.50. On the 21st my phone was disconnecting, I found out that I only had $5.00 and change, needless to mentioned that it was a big ordeal to deal with your countless and useless CS'R finally Wendy the supervisor told me that a International call was made on the 20th that used all my minutes. First of all I have Boss Revolution for International calls, which I made thru this phone that same day the same time that you showed I presumed made thru T-Mobile air time.( ENCLOSED STATEMENT OF BOSS REVOLUTION SHOW THE CALL I MADE SAME DAY SAME TIME THAT YOU CLAIMED I MADE THRU YOUR LINE) However, it is ridiculous that I can not received a call from this phone, but if you sales r would told me I would be aware. Please correct your mistake and do not charge me for an International call that I did not made it.

Maya Cole 3/22/14 7:25AM
  • My recent experience switching from AT&T to T-Mobile has been an eye opener for me. I thought that my AT&T service was becoming less than stellar. Well, after dealing with T-Mobile it has become very apparent that T-mobile is third rate player.
    -Poor to no cell phone signal coverage
    -Make the sale by any means Kiosk Representives
    -Read from a script Customer (non) Support Representives
    -No conflict resolution department to speak too
    -Fraudulent billing practices
    -Once you leave the Kiosk you are on your own...good luck!
    Bottom line:
    T-Mobile is a telemarketing company that sells phones and hopes some day it will be a cell phone service!

T-mobile....not! 3/2/14 8:35AM
  • The worst customer service ever.

You are holding for 15 minutes then the person you get through to asks a few questions and says he has to put you through to someone else. The someone else does the same and one gets nowhere fast.

I did call to get a PAC code because I want to leave them. I think they do this on purpose so that you cannot get the PAC code.

I will be contacting OFCOM and lets see what happens.

Anonymous 2/20/14 11:52AM
  • We have been customers of T-Mobile for years.

We upgraded our cell phone on 2/12/2013 to the Galaxy Blaze (Smart Phone)

At the same time we purchased PAY AS YOU GO
    PLAN which we put $100.00.

This PAY AS YOU GO phone was only used for emergency. We did not give this number out to anyone.

Evidently they text on 2/10/14 that I had to
    REFILL the monies. The balance on this phone was approximately 85.00 to 80.00.

I was ill at the time and put on ANTIBOTIC'S and I still am recovering and
    fininshing out the 2nd week of the ANTIBIOTICS.

I never saw the text until 4 days later.

I called T-Mobile and they told me I now had a zero balance. The Customer Service Rep & his manager advised me there wasn't anything they could do to adjust our situation. We just lost our 85.00 dollars.

I could not believe they w/n honor our service we have had with them for fifteen or more years with our SMART PHONE.

Anonymous 2/18/14 10:00AM
  • I Hate T-mobile Liars Liars, My Problems Started The First Week I Had The First Phone, Each Time I Went Back They Charged Me M,ore, And This One I Found Out Later Was Over $300.00 Darn Thing Is Crap, Can Get No Results From Anyone I Have Spoken To!!!iam Trying To Get Someone Again, What A Joke!!!

babygirl1x 2/17/14 2:54PM
  • They train their reps to say "definitely" like parrots to placate everything. And they have "definitely" have developed another wrinkle to slight their customer service responsibility.

Through the years, I have seen it all from them, including constant contradictions amongst themselves, woeful accountability and worse, even management setting up appointments only to break them and disappear.

But now they have added a new twist.

I've noticed a new trend discovered by demanding that the current rep one is speaking to have me know what the notes actually reveal. To my chagrin, this personnel has found ways to avoid the notes going onto the system.

So, when service or technical reps don't want to be bothered or want to avoid responsibility, they can manipulate the system to avoid notation of their dialog or their scheduled appointments to call customers.

When one calls back, the next rep confirms that there is no record of you speaking with ____ and there is no record of anyone set to have called you back. See? They can skate from accountability in a flash and too often do.

CJ 2/14/14 3:44PM
  • went to t-mobile in costco. Wanted to sign up under wife's name. She didn't have her ID so they said no problem sign up under your name and call when you get home to switch to her name.
    We did and apparently they couldn't move over the payment plan for the cell phones 18$ a month per phone so....now they are billing me for $825. Customer service was very nice but say there is nothing they can do. Although under my plan we had a monthly payment for the phone, now that it was changed to my wife's name we have to pay off the phones...We were told initially that we could sign up under my name and just transfer the whole account to my wife...no warning that the phones would be an issue...

upsetattmobile 2/14/14 2:17PM
  • Visited this store yesterday, had a friendly sales person visit with us about moving our 3 lines of service from Sprint to T-Mobile. Told us that T-Mobile would pay the early termination fee for each line that we switched over as long as we turned in a mobile device for each line. We purchased one new iphone, and he showed us how to unlock a current iphone and switched it T-Mobile for us. We said we wanted to purchase a tablet for the third line in a few months, so he gave us a SIM card for that and told us we could come back when we were ready to purchase. Signed all of the paperwork, paid for the phone and plan and we were on our way. Great service, he was able to answer all of our questions, even referring to three other team members when he wasn't sure of the answer.
    Unfortunately, about an hour and a half later we received a phone call that we needed to return to the store. The T-Mobile sales person had made a mistake - it seems they required us to purchase 3 new phones to reimburse the early termination fees for each line. We spoke with the manager about it, and were told that there was nothing they could do - we could purchase three phones or not have the fees waived for the other lines. After speaking with 7 different people at 1-800-T-Mobile, they leave me with the same options - buy more phones or not have the early termination fees reimbursed. very disappointing, I feel like we have been misled.
    BUYER BEWARE - T-Mobile will not stand behind what their sales people sell!

Julie 2/10/14 3:58PM
  • As a customer of T-Mobile for now 6 1/2 years. I have now just finally cut the service off, boy was that a pain. I have never treated with ,such discrimination and disrespect since I have been with T-Mobile. A representative told me I had to wait until the end of my billing cycle to end my service. By then They had full access to my entire account. Are they serious? They were canceling people in the store all day long. ATT will Match them if ask. You get to keep your phone if its free I got I phone

OHSWELL 2/8/14 8:03PM
  • Switched from at&t to T-horrible.Paid $10 for sims card, and $30 for pre-plan. They did not tell me there would be a sims card block on my phone and after many attempts they would not give me my money back. DO NOT FALL FOR THERE TRICKS!!!!!!!!

Paul 2/8/14 4:28PM
  • returned a phone two months ago. Never got it out of the box. Had several lengthy phone calls to get the billing to stop to no avail. I have an email saying that they received the phone and they are still billing me...never even activated it! Can't seem to get through to anyone that can help me.

Anonymous 2/6/14 12:48PM
  • On (March 20, 2013), I took a flight to the Dominican Republic for vacation. Before the flight departed, I placed my T-Mobile phone inside of my carry on luggage and turned it off as required per flight instructions. Upon my arrival to the Dominican Republic, I noticed that my phone was on as I removed it from my carry on luggage, and it was displaying a charge of $200 for data service roaming charges. Upon noticing this, I contacted t mobile customer service department by dialing the 611 number on my phone. I asked the customer service representative how to turn the data service off since I had not used this service and requested a courtesy credit of the charges. The customer service representative gave me instructions on how to disable the data usage system on the phone and assured me that the data roaming charges would be credited upon the receipt of my next bill. The Customer Service Representative further stated she could not do this at that time because my phone had not reached the next billing cycle and to call upon receipt of the next bill. I received my phone bill on Monday, April 22, 2013, and immediately called as instructed to do so by the customer service representative. On that call, I explained to T Mobile customer service representative (Crystal) my issue as discussed above and fully expected no problems on this issue. To my surprise, Crystal told me that the charges would not be credited because the previous customer service representative did not document the credit on the call. Needless to say I was highly disappointed upon hearing this from Crystal and asked to speak to her supervisor. After waiting an additional five minutes, Crystal transferred me to someone identifying himself as Albert. Once again my issue was explained to Albert who advised he could not do anything either.

It is very upsetting after having been a loyal customer to T Mobile that they could just brush off a customer like that and it appears that T Mobile is more concerned about profit than customer satisfaction. There were three people with me who heard this conversation while I was in the Dominican Republic we are all surprised that after hearing on the phone that the charges would be credited that T Mobile would not honor their word. This company has issues.

Anonymous 2/3/14 9:42PM
  • CHARGES FOR SERVICE THAT THEY DO NOT PROVIDE

I cancelled my T-Mobil service and they charged me for the whole month. Their excuse for charging me for the whole month was that I ported out my phone number. Funny thing is that I have had the same phone number for over 15 years and brought that number to them. They were unable to provide me anything that said I agreed to this when renewing my contract b/c of privacy. Another funny thing is that I provided my social security number and address to verify my account. Privacy?? Spoke with 3 customer service reps including a manager and they were the most ignorant people to speak with. T-Mobil is a complete RIP OFF. That is exactly why the whole company will be gone in another two years. Wasn't AT&T supposed to buy them out?? I would NEVER recommend their service or return as a customer, but we won't have to worry about that since the company will be non-existent in two years.

Anonymous 1/28/14 2:40PM
  • I was out of the country for 6 months and had my mother collecting my mail. I had went into the local t-mobile store in the mall in Staten Island, NY (don't ever go there, most incompetent people ever) before I left to ask about options for getting my phone turned off or lowering my bill since I wasn't going to be using the phone AT ALL for 6 months. The guy in the store told me I could suspend all service until I got home with NO CHARGES AT ALL. I paid my bill. I asked the guy if I had any other bills waiting to process. He said no. I left 2 days later and was out of the country. I come home 6 months later to find out not only was there a bill I received 2 weeks after I left the country (which was never mailed to my house; mom was collecting my mail) but that it then caused my account to get cancelled (I was charged the cancellation fee) THEN sent to a debt collection agency! For the past 2 months I've been spending countless hours on the phone trying to clear this mess up! I just had a SUPERVISOR tell me that THIS IS MY FAULT and THEY DON'T NEED MY BUSINESS!! Can you believe that? What horrendous "customer care!" I can't wait to have this all sorted out and never deal with T-Mobile again!! STAY AWAY!!!

GStell 1/28/14 10:56AM
  • I signed up for T-Mobile for 5 days, after bringing my own iPhone 5 from Verizon. The service was poor in the areas I would use it, so I cancelled.

The woman told me because it was only five days there would be no charges, but then I received a bill for $22.32, and that they would be charging me for the five days alone.

I don't suggest trying T-Mobile period. This was a poor experience, and considering I had the service for five days in San Francisco, CA -they are a poorly directed organization that should be waived from any all federal protections of any corporation as they can't seem to keep their story straight.

As a community stake-holder they are not a valuable business or enterprise for us. They can leave.

Merapesh 1/27/14 10:47PM
  • I have tmobile and I have had it for 6 years. The service has gotten worse over the years. I PAY $110 A month for my internet to tell me there is no connection unless I am on my wireless router. Mind you I am paying for unlimited. The coverage is ridiculous not to mention that for the past 4 months sometimes I have to keep hitting the call button because without even trying or placing the call it drops. I am about to cut my line and deal with the penalties that's how unsatisfied I am with the service

sancheza3 1/20/14 7:43PM
  • Without a doubt, tmobile customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. I will never again be a tmobile customer. I spent a cumulative total of about 10 hours trying to make a simple change; I got a different answer with each phone call. They completely overcharged me; a blatant error on their part and are completely unwilling to adjust the charges. My friend had them auto debiting his account-they debited $300 monthly and should have been $70. And don't bother going to a store for help. Every call after the first 2, I requested a manager. They would not get a manager for me. Calls are dropped all the time. This company dies not deserve your business.

Anonymous 1/20/14 8:16AM
  • Viewing positive T-Mobile customer service ratings
  • there is a lot of in the 40160 zip been told that is a network problem Cant talk to real person T- Mobile has a real problem will bee looking into another service

Sonny 2/24/14 6:14PM
  • I have always found customer service to be spot on and they have always resolved any problem I had.I would never change phone providers been with them years ,its not like I am paying them loads of money either I only pay for my sim card monthly and have always been very satisfied.

milly 2/19/14 12:42PM
  • I recently upgraded from a Samsung Gravity to Samsung Galaxy Note II. I did not know how to dial out or access my contacts. I called Customer Support and spoke with Myra from Texas. She walked me through the process. She was nice, patient and very knowledgeable.

Anonymous 2/4/14 7:14PM
  • I've been a customer with T-Mobile for 12 years. Iâ??d like to take this opportunity to recognize a Retail Store Associate T-Mobile. Reece has shown an outstanding and extra ordinary performance. His actions and dedication to his customers are truly a remarkable. He explains your options and what his recommendations. He takes that extra mile to help his customers. T-Mobile is slowly regaining my trust due to Reece Oshiro excellent customer service. With all that said, he deserves a 10+.

From the previous years, I've been disappointed with the services I've received from other sales associates. Especially, when I've upgraded my daughtersâ?? cell phone and was given a defective product. Tried to return it and I was given the run around treatment. To make the story short, the issue had to be elevated to Mr. Dan Whitten, who I believe at that time, the top person who oversees the T-Mobile Kiosks.

Anonymous 2/4/14 2:57AM
  • This could be a complement or too it could be a complaint, however, I must say, the young foreign lady I spoke with spoke perfect English and did her best to assist. The problem is that even though she spoke perfect English, her ability to comprehend what I was saying was sadly missing. In the end, about 45 minutes later, she finally was able to grasp the jest of questions. I kept my cool as I could tell she was doing her best to understand the problem. I didn't get her name, but I greatly appreciated her concern for me, the caller to Customer Support Service.

Ron

Anonymous 1/21/14 10:24PM
  • I bought a SIM card and unlimited $50.00 plan for a T-Mobile phone I owned from Wal-Mart (keep in mind that I asked the Electronics Department personnel there what I needed, with the PHONE IN MY HAND!) The SIM card was too small, which they returned; however, they would not return the $50.00 minutes card. I called the Winston-Salem, NC store on Frontis Plaza Blvd and spoke with Julia Trickey. She assured me she could help. We made the 20 minute trip to Winston yesterday, but did not have the minute card with us. We went back again today, hoping against all hope that she could make the Wal-Mart card work with the SIM card that she sold us (at a much, much better price than Wal-Mart did, by the way!). She really saved the day for us; she sat with us and argued with computer systems to get the phone activiated for us. She also informed me of the great "no credit check" family plan that is available. I am under contract with Verizon, and have been with them for over 15 years. Thanks to Julia's helpfulness, and great information, we will go back into this T-Mobile store in January to sign up for a family plan with T-Mobile. I cannot thank her enough!!!

Kimberly Grooms
    Lexington, NC

kgrooms 12/27/13 3:11PM
  • i just called cust service about my misbehaving phone and had a wonderful experience. thank you so much excellent cust sevice lady.

mike 12/8/13 5:19PM
  • We had let our annual contract expire a few days before. Jamie, store manager, 390 Miracle Mile Dr., Rochester, NY was most helpful. We told him our problem and he immediately recovered our lost roll-over minutes and renewed us for another year. You can't ask for more than that! What a nice feeling to know we are a valued customer.

Good Job T-Mobile 11/30/13 11:18AM
  • Today, 10/9/2013, my husband and I visited the T-Mobile store at 2130 Pleasant Hill Rd. Duluth, GA. We’ve been there a few times before and until today we have never had complain of the service. The employees were always pleasant and knowledgeable. I wanted to buy a new phone so I was looking at a couple of models. We did not know there was a woman, one of the employees, who was making some sort of a list. We were at the store about 15-20 minutes, so around 6:00 pm I was ready with my choice and stepped to the cashier, a girl came and asked how she can help. That woman, maybe a manager of the shift, who knows, came and told the girl to go and help somebody else because I did not sign. I told her I wasn’t aware of it ant she rudely said “I sign”. Her demand was “What is your name?”. Really? What about customer satisfaction lady? Anyway, I told her my name and probably this would be the end, but when the girl stated I was in store before the other customer that-sign-in lady impolitely said to me “You just walked in”, and after my explanation that I was there for 15 minutes, she just said that she didn’t see me. Not even a smile or apology. She really needs extra classes how to work with customers. Well, I said good-buy, and that there are other stores. I am a loyal T-Mobile customer for 14 years, and went through all metamorphoses the company went, and I think they are the best. I am not breaking our good relationship with T- Mobile because of an (feel free to think of a word).

RKostova 10/9/13 6:00PM
  • I have been a T-Mobile customer for many years and I am pleased with my service. Recently I bought a new phone and received extremely great service by Jonathon at , Phoenix, Arizona 85085. There was a problem with the register and my account so they held my phone and called me everyday until it was straightened out. He did everything in his power to make me happy with my new purchase. He even helped me move my contacts and pictures to my new phone. Jonathon was very personable and went over and above his duties. You are lucky to have him as an employee and I would definitely do business with him again.

Anonymous 9/16/13 3:06PM
  • Since two months after getting a new contract with new phones, we discovered the three Samsung Gravity TXT phones were defective. T-Mobile has ignored two registered letters. A representative called doing a satisfaction survey for T-Mobile. She said she would have someone call us and take care of it right away and we never heard from someone. Just spent over an hour with T-Mobile customer support. Bottom line: too bad, not our problem. We can buyout the rest of our contract or live with seriously defective phones. The countdown has begun - only 11 more months of T-Mobile bondage!

Don 9/10/13 7:55PM
  • My customer service at the T-Mobile store on North Clark St in Chicago was above and beyond any expectation. David N is amazing and very patient with those of us that are cell phone challenged.
    He is why I choose to stay with T-Mobile. He is not only very knowledgeable about the product but understands the customers needs.
    I am not sure how to give his supervisor my comments but I sure hope they know how valuable he is to T-Mobile.

Chicago.cindy11 9/9/13 11:46AM
  • My problems w/ TMo go way back. But, most of those issues have been resolved.

One of the most serious of all was when I had my phone replaced & TMo claimed they didn't have a replacement and wanted me to go into the Tmo store and get a stand by phone till they got my model. I didn't want to do that and the jerk I was speaking to said, "Then there's nothing else I can do.." He was rude and even hung up on me because I told him that I was recording the call.

When I finally did get my phone replaced, it was said that I never sent in my defective phone. This caused a lot of stress for me. It went on for about 3 months. I didn't know what else to do so I shared my story on the TMobile Forum site and an agent emailed me for more information and in an hour, she cleared up the whole mess! The 1200+ bill was erased and I was relieved.

I advise any TMo customer who has problems being heard or getting their issues handled to go to their forums and write your problem there and someone will get in touch with you shortly and more likely handle the issue. I too cannot stand calling T Mobile but then again, I hate calling any company because it's the same annoyances however, more times then not, they'll be polite. I can't blame all of T Mobile for the 2 jerks I dealt with on those other issues.

I prefer GSM technology and out of the two here in the US, T Mobile is affordable of the two. Never had AT&T but they're prices are way up! Same with Verizon, Sprint seems cheap but I don't like their phones.

Also, T Mobile has this new installment plan where you put a down payment on a phone and pay the phone off as you go. The bigger the down payment, the less you pay a month. I was one of the first customers to join this deal while they tested it almost two years ago. I only paid 50 dollars up front plus tax, plus got a 150 dollar rebate (5 or 6 weeks later of course), and they counted both the 50 dollar and 150 rebate as a downpayment of 200, so really I got the phone for just over 400 after all said and done. I like this new plan-with it, I can upgrade again and again without waiting for the stupid 2 years are up on contract. I've been hit with some hard times financially but, when money permits me to do so, I'm for sure going to upgrade my phone. The one I have is outdated but, that isn't TMo's fault.

Until I have no reason to use a cell phone, I'll always stay with T Mobile. And this is coming from someone who just a year ago absolutely hated this company! It's been over 3 years this time around (had TMo in 2000) and finally I'm happy with them.

My Key command post 6/28/13 5:32AM
  • We have been T Mobile customers forever. I want to compliment one of your people I called for some help starting a new phone and was so happy with the service and advice that I want to tell you I spoke with TEROD, no last name, and he was so patient and helpful! He is one valuable employee. Good job, Terod.

Anonymous 6/2/13 8:23AM
  • I've had the single most stark contrast in customer service in the last few days.
    But I'm talking for the latest, and best, here.

I had the great fortune to talk with a gentleman named Michael about canceling my prepaid phone, transferring that number to the one I have now, which already has a number 3 days old.

I spoke to the in-store salesperson, and 2 different representatives before Michael.

I know for a fact, due to butchered attempts by ignorant representatives, that its a series of separate processes to complete the process, not one single movement.

Yet this man made it look like it wasn't anything.

He asked me few questions, was extremely polite, and got the job done in UNDER 5 MINUTES. From the time I called them to hanging up.

Every company has its bad and good representatives. That is absolutely true.
    But for the bad ones, the last 2 (A lady named Anne I believe who was very helpful too) made it up to me.

Don't judge a company entirely for its customer support. As a couple of people have said, most of the issues are customer's own stoopid fault.

Zafy 5/3/13 1:48PM
  • T-mobile gets a bad wrap a lot, which is well deserved, but many people are trashing T-mobile for their own errors or stupidity. Like the guy who claimed T-mobile stole $95 bucks from him. EVERY prepaid cell provider is very upfront about NOT refunding prepaid minutes. Your should have taken this into consideration when you dumped T-mo prepay just after putting a hundred bucks on your phone. So in this case it was not T-mobile's fault but an impulsive customer deciding to jump ship. T-mo used phones are very easy to find on eBay and even Goodwill stores, so for a few bucks he could have limped on T-mo service till his $100 ran out and then started service with another carrier.

oregron 4/5/13 10:55PM
  • T-Mobile has stepped up 100%. I got an operator that I did not like named Mary sound like an old Asian lady, I hung up with hopes of getting someone better. I got Brook who was great. Better attitude from the way she handled my call from start to finish. She totally looks over your acct and assure you are getting the best deal while being able to understand you from the start. My last couple of calls to T-Mobile this year has been out of sight, TERRIFIC. It's not T-Mobile it's just some of the people that represent them, but more good people are drowning out the bad reps..

SHE 4/5/13 2:27PM
  • My phone (Samsung Galaxy S2) recently died. I was travelling to Pittsburgh and it went dead the first night I was there. There was a T-Mobile store right next to my hotel and that's where I went in the morning. My contract was not up until December. I had no insurance and my warranty was no longer valid.

I was hoping they could find a fix for my phone, but they told me there was no way they could and that it was a common problem with this phone. Apparently 1 out of every 6 phones got messed up (black screen and constant vibrating) after the latest upgrade. Mine was part of that 1. The people there at the store tried to find a solution - buy a temp phone for 200.00 (that wouldn't effect my renewal upgrade and no contract) but the phone was subpar and I'm picky. They told me if I wanted to buy a SG3, that it would cost about 600.00. I was travelling and I needed a phone, so I was *this* close to just buying the Galaxy 3 before my contract was up.

One last ditch effort was suggested and that was to call customer care and explain my problem. And that I had an edge in my favor because of my phone's common problem. Well, after talking with customer care for about 20 minutes, they went over my record (customer since 2008 without a late payment) and they decided to give me my upgrade early early for only 100.00. (100.00 rebate). They saved my trip. Thank you!

Tee Mobel 3/30/13 2:07PM
  • A few days ago, I submitted my (negative) complaint about the EXTREMELY poor customer service I received from the Loyalty Dept over the prior weekend. I must say, I wish I could take it back. After gathering email addresses from the internet for internal customer complaints and sending a lengthy email as to the issues at hand and even sending that exact email, via certified mail to Customer Relations in New Mexico, only two days later I received a call from Customer Service who not only apologized repeatedly for the mishandling of my account and poor customer service, but they went above and beyond to satisfy me by awarding me a free GS2 phone and cut my phone costs in 1/2. The man who contacted me was of the highest caliber in Customer Service. It was refreshing to say the least. I am pleased with the response I got from T-Mobile and will be staying with them permanently for their intent on satisfying my 9+ year relationship with them.

GoBlue 3/7/13 2:23PM
  • please send a copy of Nov 15th 2011 phone call record statement for legal issues. My wife Cynthia Ross and I Tommy Ross have been unsuccessful in contacting t mobile customer relations regarding this statement by email due to message not getting through that party. We were told by customer service that this was the only way to obtain records beyond a 12 month period. Thank you so much, Tommy Ross

Anonymous 2/21/13 5:59AM
  • Eric at the Lanett Ala. store was very patient and helpful as we purchased a new phone from him. Thank you Eric for your good customer service!

Anonymous 2/18/13 2:30PM
  • I have been with T-mobile since 2005 and the service has bin normal till 2012.I recieved excellent service in the Killeen, Texas store from a sales rep named Jenn G she took the time to explain the phone and the functions of the phone to my wife and I. It was the first time we felt like were not just another customer but a person important enough to take time for to insure satisfaction for the product was there.I can only say excellent rep for t-moble.
    SSG John Camden

John 1/28/13 12:37PM
  • I had three lines with tmobile.one line the two years are up on feb 23, 2013.when I call to cancel the line for the month ofmarch so they dont charge me they told me that I cant cancel into jun cause I put more minutes on that line on june but I can upgrade on february.that doesnt make no sense.they trying to tell me in another word that my contract started on june but I can upgrade in february.they always do rhins with out consulting with rhe customers.if you change your phone in the street they assum that you got it at tmobile and they change your upgrade date with out investigating.

ito 1/27/13 6:25PM
  • I have had a few call in's to T-mobile some of them have been bad due to communication problems (outsourced and incompetent CSR's), but some have been good like the one I had today. I had some issues with my billing account as well as my due date, but Larry, the American, English speaking, CSR that responded to my call today was knowledgeable and very efficient with solving my problems. I am happy to know that there are still some good home grown and educated CSR's that work for these larger company's.

djh35773 1/20/13 9:14PM
  • I have been a T-Mobile customer for about 5 years now. This relationship has had it's ups and downs, but now it is time to call it quits. Their actual phone service stinks, even though I would call the customer service acceptable. The wait times haven't been horrible for me, the language barrier is pretty bad at times, but they pretty much always have had a resolution to get the phone working again when the internet or messaging or voicemail or whatever stops working intermittently. But I have had bad experiences with a newly purchased T Mobile brand phone in the past that put a really bad taste in my mouth. It was a new phone that stopped working, and their warranty/return process it just terrible.

Rodney 12/18/12 1:30PM
  • I got hired to work at T-mobile as a customer service representative. I did training for 2 months but during those two months they would put us out to the phones. The training was horrible. When I got to the phones I had some weird customers call me. All of them usually had a late bill up to like 300 dollars due, most of the customers wouldn't fess up to pay (then the team trainees behind you are making you become stern and demand payment! then on top of that they want you to ask them for more money) It was horrible. Some of the customers would lie just not to pay. Some were very rude, and wouldn't let me talk it was the worst thing I ever went through. And on top of it all you have to be patient and nice, and make metric goals. You got me TWISTED up T-Mobile. YOU SUCK BALLS. I HOPE THE COMPANY BURNS. No wonder they have massage chairs, and all these goodies while your on your break because your brains get splattered all over while your taking these calls. Plus sometimes you can't even understand the customers. Then they expect you to sell stuff to people who are suppose to pay it is horrible JUST HORRIBLE! I cannot believe they allow this organization to roll like this. The team leader that I had was a obese woman who wore whorish stilettoes to work and was just unprofessional. Tabitha Sherman is the most disgusting person .... ew In chattanooga TN. YOU DIE IF YOUR READING THIS.YOU FAT THING. and her lame crew. By the way if you are not in with the "team crew" they out u. So unprofessional and so unorganized, the system is a big money making machine, they want you to provide customers with outstanding advice and want you be stern and pull out every dollar you can. I do not wish you to work there, and don't because it will be hectic and not good. Best of luck !

Ihatetmobile5656 5/31/13 6:53PM

• i have worked for several call centers and tmobile has the most complaining, wanting something for nothing,rude, disrespectful customers i have ever encountered. Listen customers who may be reading this! Be Nice! and a csr may go above and beyond for you. I know i will. But all day i am on the phone dealing with someone who is irate and it is usually the customers lack of reading contract, overages that the customer incurred on their own accord, but yelling at us, cussing at us. "let me speak to a Supervisor" Realize that the person on the other end of the phone is actually an advocate for you. I work with 400 agents and every one of them would go above and beyond for a customer but it makes it hard when a person calls you pissed yelling cussing, and its your first time looking at the acct. realize that yes at the end of the call we move on. my bill is correct, my services are great. my device works properly.So be nice, remember you called me and its just the right thing to do-treat ppl as you would have them treat you.

tiredoftmocustomers 5/20/13 10:34AM

• I am shutting off my t mobile service today. I have had t mobile for 7 years. I got it when I first started working there. T Mobile use to be a great company.... it has gone to hell. I left the company a long time ago... right when they started splitting districts and firing all the management... they didn't used to charge for upgrading. They charge for everything now. The phone I have right now has been replaced 4 times. The problem was APN settings.. not the phone... it took me months to figure it out. The phone I have now is a piece of crap.. turns off at random. I am following pace with all my friends and going over to a monthly prepaid... my phone bill will be more than cut in half.. it's just not worth it anymore.

dark carnival 10/19/12 3:18AM

• Iam also a former tmobile employee. I was fired recently for the reasons: I did not meet my goals that I had supposedly committed to after I was given their "Decision" time ultimatum. I came to this company about 12 months ago and I was never able to meet their overall "Metrics" requirements. I was there long enough to experience first hand the intimidation and harassment that front line employees are constantly subjected to. This is only the 2nd job I have ever been fired from in over 40 years that I have been actively employed. None the less, my termination actually brought an immediate sense of relief and freedom. The culture in the call center is so "toxic" that I had fellow employees as well as myself just hoping and praying for tmobile to terminate us so we can be able to get unemployment and just move on. This company has such warped mentality on how to implement "customer service." I made comments on one of my coachings with my coach and manager as to how our style of customer service was impacting our customers and causing tmobile to lose such a large number of customers and after that, they ramped up the pressure and shortly after that called me in to another "coaching" and gave me their feared "Decision" time. On "Decision" time, the enmployee is sent home for the rest of that day shift and advised to return with an action plan called (SMART). Of which each letter stands for something (Idealistic). This plan is just a pretext or further step in their termination process. When I first stated working at tmobile, I was actually proud and actively promoting the company to my friends and relatives. But several months later, after seeing and living the "bad customer experience", I actually started warning everyone that asked me about the tmobile phone service (this was off the phone) to stay away and choose another phone carrier, any other phone carrier. This company (tmobile) is so infected with fraud and deception upon the customers, that if it lasts 2 more years, that will be incredible. The customer "attrition" rate alone is decimating to the company. I personally took an average of approximately 40 calls per 8 hour shift and since I was in the Retention Department, most of those calls were customers requesting to cancell their services. The other calls were what we called "contract dispute" issues. Or, they ended as contract disputes. The customer would call in and request to know their contract end date and or request a disconnect and after informing them they were still under contract for "X" number of months, they would go "Postal" because they were unaware their contracts had been extended without their knowledge and or authorization. And to add further pain to injury, they were advised to write a letter to the "Contract Review" department (Customer Relations) disputing their contracts. This "contract review" process seems to be designed to further frustrate the customer because they would call back in a month complaining that they hadn't heard back from Customer Relations and if they had, it was not a favorable response to their dispute. Aside from that, tmobile's biggest fallacy is their "Metrics" which employees have to meet or get terminated. The customer care reps are constantly transferring them (usually cold transfers) to other departments in their efforts to meet one of the main metrics CRT (call handle time). Their theory is that if this individual metric of 535 seconds per call is met, all the other metrics will just naturally line up and fall into place. So, all it takes to screw up your day as a customer care rep, is 2 or 3 20+ minute calls and that leaves you (the rep) scrambling and looking for shortcuts like dropped calls and "hurried up transfers" to end up the shift at a somewhat respectable under "600" seconds of CRT. Their other most prominent and "sense of urgency" metric is CPH (contracts per hour), which is currently at a 1.1 contracts per hour minimum. This is the most difficult to meet because in my department which was "Retention", it is difficult and most times insulting to the customers calling in to be upsold when they are already upset with tmobile and they are seeking resolution to their billing and contract disputes. This one is probably the reason that caused them to call in in the first place. Like their contracts being renewed without their knowledge or consent because some representative over the phone or at the tmobile store renewed their contracts or added "clandestine" charges to their account. Also in their "frantic" effort to regain respectability in the "J D Powers" ratings, they are heavily emphasizing their VOC (Voice of the Customer) metric. This metric is one where the representative is either going to get a 1 (lowest) or a 6 (highest) based on the customer resolution. It is impossible to avoid ever getting a 1 or 2 rating which will land you in a heated coaching session because 95 percent of our customers are extremely irate by the time we would get that call. The leadership just naturally places the blame for the low score on the representive. Two low scores in the same week is what started my "demise" from the company. It was during the ensuing coaching that followed that I expressed my thoughts on how to better improve the overall customer experience. Which of course led to my termination or "Seperation" as they like to term it. My advice to all customers that are experiencing billing and contractual issues is to immediately contact their state Better Business Bureau and or their state Regulatory Commission and voice their complaints if tmobile starts with their usual "runaround" responses. Tmobile seems to think that they are "Too Big To Fail" and their recent cash infusion from the failed merger with AT&T has raised their level of arrogance and audacity.

Agent Oso 8/22/12 10:25AM

• I just recently left T-Mobile's call center where I was employed. They preach how important their customers are to them and how we are supposed to resolve the issues the customers are having.
    Then, they only allow the Rep.'s to spend no more than 6 minutes on the phone and then we are told to get off the phone.
    How the hell can a company say they care and then put a time limit on the phone call. Especially when their systems suck and information is almost impossible to find to answer the questions.
    They also make their Cust. Svc. Rep.'s make a sales offer on every call. So, if you really think about it, they are having their Rep.'s hurry through the service portion of the call and hurry up and add more stuff on the customers account.
    Then, they hire a bunch of 18-20 year old kids that know nothing about business or servicing a customer well to get the job done.
    I have moral standards that I live by and will not go to work at a place, no matter how nice the work environment is, that does not give a crap about the customers.

Mickey 8/21/12 3:32PM

• I am a former employee for t mobile. let me tell you from first hand experince that the company suck.They do not care about there employees or for the customer. I was fired from the company because of fmla for my daughter who almost died from third and fourth degree burns on 85% of her body.Instead of saying I ran out of hours for fmla or letting me go on an leave of absent they let me go because they said i had too many employee phone acct. Which i did not use t mobile because I didn't receive good service at my home. If they treat employees this way why would anyone think that they would get good customer service from an company that does not care about human life.Not only did Verizon start my acct with them. They gave it to me free of charge for life a time. That's great customer service.Am from a small town in the south and t mobile was my family choice of service,not any more. They all dropped t mobile and gone to Verizon. Thank you so much about not caring about me or my daughter because would not have a great company that cares.

wy2cky2 8/16/12 10:41AM

• I am recent hire at a T-Mobile call center as a Tier 1 General Care Representative. So far my experience has mirrored most of the negative employee comments posted here. I was hired on the pretense that sales would be a part of the job, however, at no point was it explained to me just how much the focus on sales was. I am currently at the end of week 5 of training and have relegated to the fact that I am most likely not going to have a job in 3 weeks time. I have brought my concerns to both my Senior Rep and my trainer/coach. I have also already been brought into their so called "Huddle Room" to sit with my trainer for over an hour to discuss the fact that I need to make "a decision." We currently are required to make a sales offer on EVERY SINGLE CALL. It doesn't matter what type of customer or what their situation; offer, offer, offer. 10GB, 10GB, 10GB. This is all everybody cares about. It's all about the bottom line and the customer comes last. Anyone that gets in the way of this gets let go. It seems is though the only decision I have to make is whether I choose to resign on my own volition or somehow get fired. The metrics and standards they require are unrealistic and most likely unattainable for someone like me who tries to act with integrity and ethics. 90% of my calls are customers complaining about their ever fluctuating bill being too high. Am I really expected to sell these poor people services they don't want, don't need, or simply cannot afford. According to T-Mobile I am. All day long you hear coaches around the center yelling out praise for all the sales being made. Not once do you hear this praise for a customer being treated with dignity and respect. It's really quite disgusting if you ask me. SPPH this and SPPH that. Keep your CRT down, make sure you don't take hits on your iOCR. It really seems to me this is actually a cake and eat it too situation. I once asked what was more important; customer service or sales. And of course I was told both. However, if you are an all-star salesperson you can still keep your job if your other numbers are down. Don't expect that to work the other way around, because it won't. After 5 weeks of this nonsense I can't wait until the time comes where they just let me go. I feel like a horrible person on a daily basis because it is not enough for me to simply assist my customer and send them on their merry way. Whatever happened to customer service? Oh yeah that's right, I work in the Customer SALES and THEN service department. Their practices are atrocious and offensive. I am expected to perform tasks that lack integrity and ethical practices. If you want your customers to know what you have to offer then pay your MARKETING AND ADVERTISING DEPARTMENT to do it for you. I don't make enough money to do everything. Sales, Service, Advertising, Abuse Taking. This is not worth what they are paying. And this is all happening while I am still training. I shudder to think of what will happen if I am ever unlucky enough to make it the so called Production Floor. I can only hope they find enough fault in my sales area to let me go sooner then later. They would be doing me a great favor. I can't wait to get out of there!

Nodnarb82 7/25/12 9:27PM

• I am a ex-employee, there are many things going wrong with this company. When I first started it was about "rightfitting" the customer by asking probing questions. Meaning we fit the customers needs with what they wanted to use their phone for. No matter what, if it didn't make the company money, as long as the CUSTOMER was happy. However what was happening was that when reps were offering a free month of web or another service the company was basically counting imaginary money. Customers would add it and then remove it a month later, so T-Mobile provided service expecting customers to keep that but they were not so T-Mobile was throwing money put the window via services and by providing reps with HUGE unjustified bonuses. Company finally catches it and reps stop getting 1000+ bonuses this equals unhappy reps. THEN reps received a THREE day training about how to sell, sell, sell. I know reps who had been there for ten plus years who essentially had to erase everything they had known abpt the company and focus on sales, then customer service. It was extricating!!!! I was struggling with the 379 talk time required, that's seconds by the way. Then I had to relearn how to speak to customers and gently offer a crappy service that I wouldnt even think of using. There was a constant battle between reps and management, but it was all a mess, stats were not being calculated right and it was the reps fault in the end because they actually couldn't answer questions, and contradictions were a daily thing. And that is why reps sound like idiots on the phone!!!! I would ask for help to improve weekly and I was told that it was basically a waste of time, however the reps I listed to were AWEFUL!!!! I was transfered to another team and was threatened for four days. On the fourth day I was FIRED, I told the HR manager that I wanted it documented because I showed her the notes on the conversations the sup and I would have. Refused to put in my file. Employee are in a constant state to termoil, fear of being fired or repremanded for things sups would tell reps. The center I was at has the highest cases of FMLA due to anxiety or depression. And now T-Mobile is trying to deny claims regarding real mental health issues. T-Mobile does not care about the customers or the employees. T-Mobile lost track of their core values, they used to live by them reps were PROFESSIONAL and were caring and now you get so ghetto, rude, unwilling to help, or educate the customer about things. Once T-Mobile returns to those core values things will be the way they were.

tiffanychs 7/17/12 8:07AM

• Mobile I am still an employee for many years at T-mobile, I work in the store level. I hear your woes and feel your discontent. T-Mobile for the most part has been very good to me and in turn i assist my customers to the best of my ability, with loyalty, and professionalism. T-mobile is still a good company wanting only to provide services and support to our many customers.

The past year admitted has been a rocky one. The New CEO trying to pawn us off like some redheaded step child (sry gingers)then a failed merger, 9 call centers closed (3200 employees adios), more jobs sent abroad, and around 1000 people, including upper management lost their jobs. using a business prospective i see the need to cauterize the bleeding loss of income, once we begin to produce income again I hope this money will be reinvested into newer better network, phones, training and support.
    poor decisions have been made to both our deperment I feel Tmobile is competing with itself with prepaid and Walmart, which is silly.

Now knowing the behind the scene please take that into consideration when calling care or visiting the store, "you get more with honey than vinegar" And It’s really not easy to sell our new product line, the confusion of this value plan and financing of the phones, terms conditions phone set up, right fit, demo and now the required advance payment for the monthly bill and proration. arg.. our job is far from easy and we are not competitively paid.

Dr jekal Mr hide 5/31/12 7:01PM

• I was a customer for over 10 years. Last year, they switched my acct to month to month before my contract was up.(I asked them to do that WHEN my contract was up-we reviewed the dates). Then they wanted to charge me an ETF. Additionally, they wanted to charge me for the days left on my contract AND the monthly days (i.e. have me double pay because they switched my account early. They overcharged me and when I disputed the bill, they charged me 20 bucks for disputing an incorrect bill.

I could not reach them on the phone (I was put on hold for hours or hung up on). I wrote 4 letters-they didn't respond.

Finally I submitted a complaint online to the FCC. Then they called me. It's still not resolved. Glad to be rid of T-Mobile.

ECS 5/10/12 7:15AM

• I used to work for T-mobile for 4 years, would have been 5 this march, but last year i was let go, due to the Merger that "was going" to happen, for those of you that have probs with the CS its because t-mobile fired the good reps,and kept the bad reps, because they where cheaper to keepthan the good reps, and made it to where you only really get 3 mins to speak to a rep, god forbid you call back to thats a no-no. T-mobile has really gone down hill since the new CEO took over, and they made all these changes. I say this from a customer and exemployee standpoint. Honestly they are going broke, and can not compete anymore, glad I made the switch and so is my family when the contracts are up. tell everyone not to go with t-mobile they just aren't they same anymore.

areweclear 4/16/12 2:40PM

• Hello to everyone. I just passed by this site and I was really shocked of all the negative comments for T-Mobile. Honestly, I do understand their side why they posted negative comments. By the way, I'm one of the outsourced agent of T-mobile. I always got a perfect score in customer service. Honestly, its also a problem for me that we are required to offer in EVERY SINGLE CALL that we have.. I'm really sorry for that.. And also I would like to speak up for my fellow outsourced reps.. we are also trained the same way with american agents, we can also speak english, and in the first place, we will not be hired as a CSR if we cant speak proper english. also please try to understand that we are also HUMANS, pls dont shout at us as if we are animals.. if you keep on shouting and uttering bad/foul words, how we would be able to assist you? we can also feel, as much as we can, we are controlling our temper to still provide good service, but how are we going to do it if we are being abused. thats why we have steps to follow for harassments calls. thats just it.

buckle 3/17/12 11:44PM

• end users blow! No agent wants to deal with them. Expect the service to get worse until the people calling in can act like civilized human beings. And be warned T-Mobile has a zero abuse policy. You are warned twice then... click! Read your contract before you sign it and live up to it. Most of T-Mobile's clients are government and fortune 500 companies. Why they bother with end users is beyond me.

Tenured Agent 12/23/11 5:55PM

• I see these... "I use to work for tmobile"... and i think yup they were fired. I love my job. If you show up on time when you are suppose to, follow the polices and do your job you will never have a problem. EVER. And, advancement is a breeze. I have only seen two types of people leave those who cannot take the abuse from customers over the phone and those fired for poor work ethics. I believe nothing that comes from either of their mouths. tmobile is defeinatly better off with the dead weight gone.

Anonymous 12/19/11 4:26PM

• I spend all day dealing with customers who never read their contract, don't monitor their bill and decline features that would give them discounts. Everything you say is noted and recorded and thrown back at you when you have selective memory. Ten percent of the time the problem is the carriers fault, ninty percent of the time the customer's. It is not the carrier responsibility that a customer reads their contract or monitors their own account but they get blamed for it. The only contract that exists legally is the one you signed. Read all of it. Nobody holds a gun to your head and makes you sign it. You have a buyer's remorse so there is no excuse to keeping a contract you claim you didn't like or agree to. Secondly, there is an abuse policy allowing an agent to warn you about shouting, threats or swearing then click you are gone. Experienced agents are worth their weight in gold T-Mobile moves mountains to keep them. So complaining about one is fruitless. As long as they do their best and be professional they stay employed regardless of any mistakes they make. T-Mobile gains more lines than they lose everyday and this will continue now the AT&T merger is gone. No agent at T-Mobile wants to work for AT&T. Off shore call centers have destroyed customer service. They are uneducated, ill trained and just hang up on difficult calls. But they are cheaper than American agents. I have to laugh when people say,'demand a supervisor and you will get what you want'. They're lying, supervisors do not give you what you want they give you what you are entitled to which is usually nothing. So, when an agent gets a supervisor they get a bathroom or smoke break while the sup deals with it. So, read your contract before you sign it, monitor your bill and pay your bill and you will have little trouble. For those of you who yell 'I didn't know so I'm not paying it' - bend over and grab your ankles or leave. Once a call is done an agent forgets you ever existed.

Alice V 12/19/11 4:13PM

• I used to work for TMO, I have been a customer for many years, then I woke up one day and they shut off my phone for being 2 days late on my bill? I tried to call only to be cut off agian and again, I fianlly went to the TMO store and they connected my to CS and I was told that it was going to cost me $20 per line, (I have 2) to reconnect my service, I informed them that I was going to go to Verizon, then a so called supervisor got on the line and told me if I stayed with TMO I would not have to pay this fee, I informed her I did not have my checkbook with me, and she said that she would note the acct. and I could call later and make a payment, I got my checkbook and was at the library so I called from a payphone (my TMO phone would still not call CS) the rep. told me I had to pay the $40 dollars to reconnect my service, I informed her that there is supposed to be a note on my acct. there was no note, so I have now ditched all contract phone companies, I hate being misled and lied to, I encourage everyone to do the same, contract phones are a rip off, look at Europe they have been without contract phones for well...ever. TMO sucks as do all the rest..

ttom11 9/7/11 9:24PM

• I used to work for T-Mobile and the largest complaint I have as well as former employees and current employees is the level at which they CYA to be so HR Appropriate. Just one of the things that makes it so bad is, they can sell wallpapers an individual can purchase for their phone but yet if an employee puts up the same type of picture at their desk it might not be HR Appropriate. They operate on a double standard.

Anonymous 7/29/11 6:55PM

• Yes also a "former" employee, by supervisor
    was never at his desk. He would not take calls
    and never gave feed back to the reps. But the funny thing was, he never got fired. So to the poor customers out there "I feel your pain"

bangorstate 3/28/11 9:00PM

• HEllo all , I have to aggree with the other posts here , many of those negative post could of been resolved easily with a little time and acctual effort ,and it is true that there is never a shortage of negative comments and there are less people out there that would take the time to comment when anyone with a negative experience feels they need to vent .However and this is comming from a rep that prides himself on nothing but excelent survey scores from you the customer , things are a changing. Customers service has been desolved and retitled as service\sales , it is now a requirement to try to sell to every caller we take. A quota has been enstated of $150.00 per hundred callers however per day is being enforced . This has led to more complaints and slammed customers that i have ever seen in the many years i have worked here. The praise we used to recieve when we save our customers money has been replaced with scorn ,and the term "right fitting" wich meant to add services that would help ,and remove service that were not needed has been bluntly replaced with "sales" , and any removals go against the quota so reps are now scamming to keep customers from removing anything. Commision has replaced the right fitting bonus but many of us never cared about commision or sales and honestly i think it just makes the hole thing worse. And all this started jan 1st 2011 , so from the bottom of my heart to all of our valued customers , I am sorry but we will , I will try to sell on even the simplest question and answer call. At least untill i find a company to work for that knows the difference between customer service and sales. I do have to admit , i have worked for many call centers that do know the difference , but they dont pay as well hourly."Tragic".

Anonymous 1/18/11 4:08AM

• Hello I am a former employee of tmobile in the call center most of the negitive coments are issues that could have been resolved if the rep was knowledgeable unfourtunatly i have noticed a recent trend with tmobil to fire long time employees who take the time to think out side of the box to resolve issues for customers empoyees who have been with them through all the changes and know how to find information on old issues because these employees take to long and becuase a lot of these employees feel it is wrong to give a customer push back when they need to remove services to reduce bills or to sell a product the customer does not need It is really sad to see such a great company go down hill so quickly espicialy when i see the negitive comments and know that 9 of ten of those calls could have been resolved easily

bluevelvet 8/3/10 2:46PM

• Hi! I posted a comment in the "employee comments" (the ONLY one so far) and the reason the ratings are terrible on this site is because normally people don't share their "good" experiences, unfortunately. Happy to see feedback from those of you that have positive comments. Maybe someday good experiences will spread like wildfire, instead of the opposite!

anonymous 4/13/10 6:15PM

• Hello Everyone!

I worked for T-Mobile customer service for 6 years, mostly with the Business Care and Offline Department (answering e-mails faxes etc.), but I also worked on the phones with the customer service department, I really enjoyed my job and loved being helpful in resolving any issues or concerns voiced by T-Mobile customers. I understand the comments posted below, and just wanted to say that overall, T-Mobile has a great team of customer service representatives that in most cases will try their best to resolve issues. (not to say that they are ALL perfect) but please don't let your individual experiences sour you against this company. I realize that negative experiences are FAR more impacting and faster travelling than good experiences, and I've had a few myself. The bottom line is, T-Mobile has won awards for "Best Customer Service" for a reason. I wish I could help everyone who has posted a negative comment on this site, because I believe in this company, and 100% of the time, if you have a valid issue that needs to be resolved, it will be. Don't let a few bad apples spoil the bunch. We are not "monkeys," we are human beings, and ALL of us can relate to having billing problems/issues with companies that service us. We have ALL been frustrated with a customer service department at one time or another, and I can speak for the bunch I worked with, WE DO CARE and WE DO understand. Please don't take out your frustrations on the customer service representative you reach.They truly are there to help you, and they don't deserve abusive language or name calling. You will get your issue resolved if it is valid.I like to give customers the benefit of the doubt, but the truth is, there are dishonest people out there, and policies are in place that CSRs need to follow. If you state your case and there is truly an issue where T-Mobile has made an error, it WILL be fixed. Speak to a supervisor if you need to.

Thanks for reading my post!

Anonymous 4/12/10 4:18PM

Check out these popular comparisons of T-Mobile customer service versus other companies:
T-Mobile vs. AT&T Wireless
T-Mobile vs. Verizon Wireless
T-Mobile vs. Virgin Mobile
T-Mobile vs. Vodafone
T-Mobile vs. Walmart
Authorized representatives of T-Mobile can sign up to reply to any of the comments found on this page.

General Customer Service
800-937-8997
Pre-Paid Accounts
877-778-2106
Technical Care
877-524-9524
TTY
877-296-1018
T-Mobile customer service phone number including steps to reach representatives, hours of operation, customer support links and more from ContactHelp.com.

Complete T-Mobile customer service phone numbers and contact information at ContactHelp.com

Locate the T-Mobile corporate office headquarters phone number, address and more at CorporateOfficeOwl.com.

T-Mobile corporate office headquarters information at CorproateOfficeOwl.com

Hours of Operation
Find T-Mobile hours of operation for locations near you!. You can also find T-Mobile location phone numbers, driving directions and maps.

T-Mobile hours of operation at HoursOfOperation.biz

Get immediate support for your T-Mobile questions from HelpOwl.com.

Receive immediate support for T-Mobile at HelpOwl.com

View thousands of T-Mobile user reviews and customer ratings available at ReviewOwl.com.

T-Mobile reviews and ratings at ReviewOwl.com

T-Mobile Unveils Three Days Of 'Uncarrier' which Is Good for Customers
Nobody I have ever spoken to says they have a good carrier, just one that is mostly reliable or they don't have problems that require calling customer service, or my favorite answer, “I don't know if they are good at helping me, when my phone doesn't ...
BlackBerry CEO Chen Puts Pride Before Profits by Dumping T-Mobile
Worse, BlackBerry's once excellent tech support apparently had abandoned me. Unfortunately, I was headed for Interop the next week, and I needed a phone of some kind. So I headed into a mall in Santa Rosa, California, and visited the T-Mobile store.
Hearing Set For T-Mobile Workers' Unfair Labor Practice Claims
Bellevue-based T-Mobile USA has faced a barrage of unfair labor practice charges from call center workers around the country. The complaints range from workers who say they were disciplined or fired for trying to unionize to workers who contend T ...