Target Customer Service

Target customer service is ranked #318 out of the 724 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 36.46 out of a possible 200 based upon 1448 ratings. This score rates Target customer service and customer support as Disappointing.

1,311 Negative Comments out of 1,448 Total Comments is 90.54%.

137 Positive Comments out of 1,448 Total Comments is 9.46%.

• Viewing Target customer service complaints
    1 - 25 out of 1,311
  • "100% Happy" I've never come across a company who cares 0% about resolving a problem before in my life. Don't give you the time of day,know nothing about their own policy & don't care in the slightest about feedback about their store/company.

I have never just stopped going to a store because if there's an issue, its usually to do with one person or store, but with Target it is absolutely the entire company.

Never buying anything from Target again.

screw target 6/25/14 10:14PM
  • The worst online buying experience ever! I will never shop Target online or on the phone again. And I will probably avoid the store too, after the major hassle trying to get this straightened out -- and still trying. The online ordering system is a rip-off, so make sure you are getting charged the correct price. It gets fouled up when you use the Red Discount and/or a gift card -- cheats you out of the discounts you are due. And the phone people don't know what they are talking about or doing, so they fouled it up even more. I think I now have three dehumidifiers coming to my house any day now! Idiots. Goodbye, Target.

FormerTargetShopper 6/22/14 2:08PM
  • Dear Sir
    My name is Linda Macneil, I've been your Target store in San Bruno ca.
    I've been since the opening of the store. I an not happy at all with the cashier's
    being only in one location in a store that has two levels that you can exit the store. I will not do my shopping at that store until the problrm is resolved.

Linda Macneil

buzzsaw 6/16/14 2:39PM
  • I was pressured and charged $3000 on my Visa Red Card by a company turned out to be a scam. The scam company sent a courier to my home the day after I came home from having surgery and spending over 1 week in the hospital. I am in my 70's. The courier pressured me to sign paperwork and would not leave till I did. That same week I called Target's Credit Card Fraud Dept about signing a piece of paper under duress and of not being in sound mind and body and a man name Gilbert did not want to hear any reasons for why I signed, was very rude, and told me to pay this fraudulent company the $3000 that was charged to my credit card. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I've never had such poor service in the 70+ years I've been alive.

Wise One 6/16/14 1:30PM
  • I had a HORRIBLE experience with the telephone "customer service" department. The person I spoke with would not resolve my issue. Actually, he would not stop talking long enough to let me tell him what my issue was. He continually interrupted me and continued talking over me. When I asked to speak with his supervisor, he told me he has no supervisor with whom I may speak and there is no procedure by which I may escalate my issue. When I asked repeatedly to speak to his supervisor, he continually spoke over me repeating the same script and then hung up. This is from someone purported to be "customer service supervisor" himself. That treatment of a customer was shameful. This guy was borderline verbally abusive.

This does not even address my issue.

My issue is that I paid extra for express delivery of an item. I have an email acknowledgement of my order reflecting this. Days later, I received a notice indicating that the delivery date would not be honored. In tracking my order in their system, it appears that TARGET failed to enter the order timely. I say this because the order data appearing in their system is LATER than the date on the email I received from Target acknowledging placement of my order. Target messed up and now the order is late. And the “customer service” supervisor says it is impossible for Target to make it right. There is no possible procedure that can be done to get an item that is in their possession onto a truck that is under their control to honor a date that they promised, for which they received extra money from me to meet. It is impossible. He can't do it.

I don't believe that. I think the proper word is "won't" not "can't."

This is a common item. I could have bought it anywhere. In fact, I did start buying it elsewhere. I purchased it from Target instead solely because of the promised delivery date, for which I paid EXTRA. And now they won't deliver.

I have been a long-term customer of Target and have spent many thousands of dollars there over the years. They had a lot of business and customer goodwill from me. Both of those things are irreparably broken now. Because of the disrespect shown to me, I will NEVER shop Target again. Believe me, there are plenty of alternatives.

lee 6/14/14 6:13PM
  • I had a HORRIBLE experience with the telephone "customer service" department. The person I spoke with would not resolve my issue. Actually, he would not stop talking long enough to let me tell him what my issue was. He continually interrupted me and continued talking over me. When I asked to speak with a supervisor, he told me he has no supervisor with whom I may speak and there is no procedure by which I may escalate my issue. When I asked repeatedly to ask to a supervisor, he continually spoke over me repeating the same script and then hung up. This is from a purported "customer service supervisor." That treatment of a customer was shameful. This guy was borderline verbally abusive.

This does not even address my issue.

I don't believe that. I think the proper word is "won't" not "can't."

lee 6/14/14 6:02PM
  • I purchased a smartphone at Silverthorne, CO Target, June 8, 2014. The Target sales rep could not answer many of my questions, so I researched on my own, online, got my own answers. She misquoted the ATT start-up fee as well as the insurance deductible (by 100%) on the insurance policy, should the phone be lost or damaged. She wanted me to sign a 'Terms and Conditions' clause without giving me the opportunity to read it, and promised me she would send it to me via email me. I've requested the Terms and Conditions clause multiple times, have never received it. Regarding my ATT account: she was supposed to change my entire family account to a new plan, but she only signed one of the phones onto the new plan and left the other two phones on the old plan - so my monthly bill has been doubled, due to her error. After an hour on the phone with ATT, I got it straightened out. I went with Target because I thought I would save a few dollars, but due to her inaccurate info, incompetency,and the time I had to spend on the phone with both ATT and the insurance company, I saved nothing. The icing on the cake was when Target rep emailed me to tell me she misquoted the deductible because the insurance policy changed on June 1; that was an outright lie. I spoke with the insurance company and was told the deductible on a lost/damaged phone has never changed - it's always been twice the amount she quoted me. I confronted her with this whole mess, and got the standard answer: I'm sorry you are not satisfied with the service. I'm one consumer that's tired of 'I'm sorry.' I will go out of my way to not shop at Target in the future.

tarblow 6/11/14 7:22PM
  • Customers if you smoke don't go to Target just took some trousers back too change they were in a plastic bag and had been in my car. I had just had a cigarette before entering the shopping centre the lady opened the bag and said " I can't exchange these they smell of cigarette smoke take them home and air them out its our policy.
    I was so disgusted now we're discriminated in shops what about the staff that smoke they touch the clothing they serve customers oh when are you Target going to have security on the doors to stop smokers from entering your stores. but you expect us to put up with poor service rude staff clothes that are damages with food pen or worse hanging on your racks. and people in your stores that their behaviour is less than appropriate.
    I will never shop with you again no matter how you try to dress up the name 22years of shopping with you is finished my hard earnt money will go else where.

Kay 6/11/14 1:06AM
  • The WORST website I have ever used and for my work I need to visit numerous websites. Even small companies' websites are better. CONSTANT PROBLEMS, REPEATEDLY KICKED OFF OR FROZEN. Get a new webmaster. You will loose a lot of potential buyers who shop online.

Anonymous 6/6/14 8:29AM
  • I was visiting your store located at the Landing in Renton, WA on Sunday, June 1, 2013. I had a very unpleasant encounter with one of your employees, his name was Curtis. I was inquiring about an item that I always purchase at your stores, but the flavor that I wanted was not on the self I approached Curtis at the time he was assisting as customer so I waited until he was finished. I proceed to as about the item, Curtis was very short with me it was if I was disturbing him, very unprofessional, so I proceed to the Customer Service Desk, Stephaine assisted me she went over and beyond customer service, she took the time to contact other stores to see if they had the product in stock and also the flavor that I had requested, while Stephaine was on the phone with the Southcenter store she began to get a line, she called twice for help, Curtis unfortunately is the person who came to help her. There was merchandise on the counter which needed to be moved so that Curtis could help the next person in line, he took and threw the merchandise, it appeared that he was not happy to assist Stephaine. I had never received the treatment that I received from Curtis and to add to the unprofessionalism I was told he was a manager. If this is the best Target can do for managers it is pretty sad Curtis needs to take anger management skills, he is very unprofessional if he treats the customers like this just think how he treats your employees.

Anonymous 6/2/14 10:21PM
  • I find your web site the most difficult of any I've ever experienced. I made a purchase of up & up pant liners last January. I liked them very much but when I returned to repurchase in April they were not available. After lengthy consideration I made a substitute purchase which I dislike heartily. I wrote a complaint and was issued (2) $3 Target coupons. I'm still attempting to duplicate my original purchase but now find the item listed on line (but unavailable for on line purchase). I can find the item but absolutely no way to purchase or have it store delivered. Now only weekend customer service. Frustration.

Esther 5/10/14 1:36PM
  • I am in Greenbelt, Md and in Jan 2014 I tansferred my prescriptions to Target. Whenever I've gone to pick up my prescription, the counter reps cannot find my prescriptions, so it takes a long time to get them. When I've called-in the prescription for my next refill, I'm told my prescription will be ready for pick-up, but it's not. Yesterday I went to the Target on Greenbelt Rd to pick up my prescription that I had called-in for refill. The label says there are 6 refills. When I got to the store, the prescription was not ready. I was asked if I had the bag the previous prescription came in, (that prescription was filled in Jan. 2014), so I asked the person, 'does it make sense that i would still have the bag? I reminded the people at the counter of what is says on the prescription label, I was asked if I had the prescription with me: No, I had called the refill in.
    I was very frustrated, so I left and when I got home I got the prescription bottle and recalled the pharmacy, the woman on the phone finally looked up my history and found the prescription and said she was doing the refill right then. One problem I had in the store was that I misspoke on which prescription I was picking up, but if the store knew what it was doing, then why does it take them so long to actually know what is to be done and why are they not up on looking up information that is in their own system? Customer service in the prescription department of this Target store is horrendous.

simme 5/7/14 7:46AM
  • To Anon on Apr 29. The requirement to check your id goes against YOUR credit card companies agreements with the vendors. If you want your id checked then you might want to talk to YOUR credit card co. They are the ones that have an issue if your id is checked at all. In fact it is a violation of the credit card agreement if your id is checked. So you are mad and angry that your id is not checked. So tell us where and when you have been that it was checked??? Are you angry and complaining to those companies as well? I don't think so. The cashier is doing their job in accordance to what YOUR credit card company will allow them to. So allow the cashiers to do their job. Complain to YOUR credit card company !!! ITS THEIR FALT YOU ARE NOT GETTING YOUR ID CHECKED ! NOT the cashiers or vendors.

Frustrated 5/2/14 2:00PM
  • They...meaning all Target stores DO NOT check ID's before running charges. This is AFTER the big credit breach. Really? Just had someone run a big charge on my card. No ID CHECK REALLY? After all the fraud your people do NO ID Check. This is not acceptable. DO NOT SHOP here UNTIL they REQUIRE an ID CHECK. No security after the BIG data breach...REALLY.

Anonymous 4/29/14 8:10PM
  • Target bonita i had the worst experience yesterday about the deal bounty the signs are all over that was on sale for $9.99 buy 3 get $10 giftcard back grab 3 bounty paper towel when im at the cashier giftcard didnt ring thru ask the manager told memit was the wrong item ok used 3 coupons which i camt take back returned the item cant get my discount back from my phone as well as my coupon told me that i have 4 mins to grab my exchange which i price
    Check for $9.99 and as soon as i get there scanned its the wrong item again i said it says in the sign and i price check she told me they run out of
    The item then take the sign off because its misleading coz people ate grabbing it. Thats why theres lots of return in the counter for bounty she told me she cannot take the sign out since the stock might come. She doesnt wanna do substitution either. Ask her to price adjust the bluray i got as well it was on sale after a week i bought it for $13 amd told me she cant because i have to go to chula vista since i bought it there she cant do anything for me not helpful amd rude to tell me i have 4 mins to grab my stuff for exchange end up nothing no deal on this manager at all named MARIA in plaza bonita target.

Celena 4/19/14 2:49AM
  • Went to Target 04/13/14 in the late evening. I had my shopping planned out. Finished working at my job and wanted to catch latest sales. Manager refused to give me the rewards gift card. Had my cart full ready for check out with at least 200 dollars worth of items. The manager started the check out process. He gave me his name because I asked for it.Joe macInnis target store # 221 Amarillo Texas. I told him I was taking this issue up with corporate. One of the deals I was buying was mucinex at approximately 7.49 and the nasacort approximately 12 dollars. I had 5 dollar coupon for each and the manager was a mess. He was scrutinizing and kept rereading the coupons. We argued about what the coupon actually said. And he finally agreed to use the coupons .He would scan the product and then delete it and reringing the product. Then when the 5 dollar promotion gift card printed he just got angry and said there is no way I am giving you this card. I said why not. He said because you have 5 dollar coupon for mucinex and I am not going to give you 5 dollars more .I explained that target is the one who made the deal. They posted on their saving . If customer buys two allergy products they get 5 dollars gift card reward. Customers are allowed 1 manufacturer coupon per each product. But the manager still refused. I explain I am not doing anything illegal. Not only that I have not even used the max amount of coupons that Target even offers . I explained that there are target coupons plus the cartwheels coupons. And that it is up to each person to take advantage of the savings and he is refusing to give me the saving that the store has advertised.I was using only one manufacturer coupon for each product. He could not understand that 7.50 plus 12 dollars is 19.50 minus the 10 dollars in coupons, minus the 5 dollar in gift cars is total 4.50 approximately that I would be paying for those two products. I was appalled at how he can be the manager and not be able to add the math. All he could see was 5 dollar mucinex coupon and the 5 dollar gift card that he was not going to give me because he thought I got the mucinex for free He did not understand that it was for buying both products. I explained that I shop here all the time and that I had such confidence in Target that I even got the redcard credit card when everyone else was scared to get one. He wasted 30 minutes of my time there at the counter and still refused to give me the savings. What scared me more is that he said that is why Target is losing so much money. As if blaming me . And that was even more weird. Becasue why is Target offering deals for savings and then cry about it . The manger is confused. Target offers the deals to get customers to come to their store yet I was being blamed for target going under financially. If target does not want to give their rewards then they do not have to offer them , that is all. Well needless to say I had some other items that I was going to use coupons for, some shampoo. Revitalens. Dove items, britta water filters . Was planning use cartwheel for the britta filters But the manager made such a mess I did not want to stay another hour ot two with him checking me out and making mess of the coupons and rewards. I would have still payed over 100 dollars worth in products and I left the cart there because he was not able to visualize that he could still make business with me. He said he was training all his employees like that. So that they could do what he is doing. Meaning scrutinizing the coupons and not giving the rewards out if they felt the customer was stealing from them. I explain that walgreens always gives their customer the register rewards even if they use coupons.I was trying to get him to understand that it is marketing tactic that companies just want you to try their products even if they are for free, Every week walgreens and cvs have a product that if you buy it ,you get the exact same amount back in reward. Meaning free He said in demeaning tone voice. We are not Walgreens. I do not know how Target whom I have always loved to shop at ,could have such an ignorant manager. And worst now he is going to train all employees like him. No math skills no people skills. And the line at check out was getting longer and longer because he could not finish my transactions. I was so embarrased because all the people behind me thought I was stealing with coupons. I have never turned anyone it to corporate because that is not how I deal with issues but I am scared that this guy is actually going to train everyone just like him. I hate to think I might never want to go back . I will have to consider what to do because I have spent thousands of dollars at Target Please advice as to what I should do. This is not fair.
    Sara

SARALOLA 4/16/14 10:14PM
  • I was in the target in NY Westbury on Sunday,I was buying some coke products.It was on sale and no limit.one of the employe by the name cris was so rude with us.we are giving the business and employe has no knowledge about store.and doesn't know how to talk with customer.finally manager came and solve the problem.but we were so disappointed this time.

Anonymous 4/16/14 5:07PM
  • Im so very unhappy, I ordered a pool table on april 3rd was told it be deliverded by the 10th, 5 days later i still could get no infomation on date to be delivered or any info for that matter. i called everyday 1800591 3869
    to no avail.then i was told that i would be called when they deliver it, never got the call. a truck pulls up today about 2pm on the 15th of april unannounced and drops the pool table upside down on my garage floor after i told him it goes the other way, he just said it didnt matter. they leave like they robbed a bank or something ( gone so quick) i open the bottom part of the box (which by the way looked like it was pushed of a mountain) and the bottom of the table was cracked from one side to other. i called within 5 minutes of receiving this package to tell them to come back and get it. its laying inthe middle of my floor i cant even walk out there. this is so un acceptable took the day off now they want me to take another day of to pick it up i want it out of here by tomorrow.

steve 4/15/14 12:31PM
  • Cannot give me an answer about adding a phone to my line. Stood in the store for 2 hrs with no answers.

Anonymous 4/7/14 6:55PM
  • recently had fraud purchases on my Visa debit /credit card at Target store in Pensacola Fl32514. Does Target require Identification such as driver's license and zip codes before allowing credit card purchases to curtail identity fraud etc.?

Anonymous 3/16/14 12:23PM
  • I shop at the West Allis, WI store. I believe they have good items and good service. The only thing that they are lacking is cleaning. Since, they got the new carts. The carts are very dirty. I have found mud, gum, glitter, and dirt on them. None of the employees have bothered to first put gloves on, then wipe them from top to bottom really good. Not only that but all of the items in the store are dirty as well. I have seen the stock personel throw store items on the ground where everyone walks, then throws them on the shelves. How clean is that? Not really. Common sense would be treat a store like your home.

Employees please clean all items and shelves on a regular basis. If you keep up with the items and shelves being clean and dust and dirt free. You will have more satisfied customers. I bring my own disposable gloves and my own wet ones whenever I go there. I am a customer not an employee, why should I have to wipe off every item I place in my cart? Why can't this store have different carts? They are very dirty and I go through over a dozen purel wipes from the store in order to wipe down the cart. Please improve on cleaning in the store too.

Samtaza 3/13/14 12:47PM
  • I shop at several different Target stores in Oklahoma City. Since they got their new style of shopping carts, I don't think they've ever cleaned them. I'm tired of looking for whatever cart has the least amount of bird droppings in it (there are never any without some) and trying to do what I can with wipes. Otherwise, the stores are clean and pleasant places to shop, but I wish their pride extended to powerwashing the carts, at least once a month, if not once a week.

Anonymous 3/5/14 2:16PM
  • I was very excited to go to Target after I saw the sales ad for a camera in the Sunday Chicago Tribune of 02/23/2014. The ad was for a Nikon Coolpix S3500 camera. The camera was on sale for $49.98, which was a clearance savings of $50.01 from the original price. I rushed to the closest Target to purchase the camera, only to learn from the clerk who worked in Electronics that he knew nothing about the camera that was listed in the ad. He said that this particular camera hasn't been in the store for awhile and that there would not be any more shipments. I am very disappointed that Target would place a camera in their sales paper that was not available. I could not even get a rain check for it. Driving to Target was a waste of my time.

GG 2/23/14 11:55PM
  • The worst customer service I have ever experienced! My card was compromised and I got service charges for my bills the are not all removed! Talking to the people at Target is like talking to mindless robots!! TARGET WAKE UP!!!! You are too good for this! We DO expect more!!!

Jo Ann Burke 2/17/14 1:13PM
  • I recently purchased children's Mucinex at Target. I was asked to show my id/license, which was fine because I understand the need to check I'm of legal age to purchase. What I was EXTREMELY displeased about was the the cashier scanned my license. If the purchase was about my being 18+, it should be sufficient to check DOB on license and then enter it in computer if need be. No other store either asks for ID and if so, certainly does not scan a license. Given recent events, I think it would behoove Target to change certain policies regarding the proof of age without scanning other pertinent information into their database for cold medicine, of which I am more than of age to purchase. If it's policy to check all id, fine, but the extent of scanning licenses? Again, NO OTHER STORE does this and it doesn't rank Target as #1 in the eyes of the public regarding safeguarding said public and their private information.

Anonymous 2/7/14 12:48PM
  • Viewing positive Target customer service ratings
  • Target at Runaway Bay should be proud of customer service.Recently I shoped there and was plesently suprised with tidynes off ladyes dep.and customer servise there.

sophy 7/10/14 7:57PM
  • I want to take a moment to commend one of your employees from your Princeton store named Sabrina. She was courteous and helpful at the register while I was filing tax exemption material for my purchases, especially when facing a rude, impatient customer behind me who was patronizing Sabrina and I as we mounted the rather steep learning curve for maneuvering the bureaucratic chaos that is the American tax code. Sabrina acted with professionalism and grace, two traits that I think define an excellent employee.

bonksjovi 5/16/14 1:00PM
  • Just purchased a bike at Target today in Mt Pleasant, SC. I had gone to Wal-Mart 4 times prior to get a bike. No customer service, called for service while in Wal-Mart, manager passed me with interns and never asked if I needed help and never bought a bike there. Waited about 20 minutes each time. At Target, first time a sales associate connected me with someone who knew about the bikes, put it together,
    Taylor called me when they were assembled and helped me purchase items to go with it. Love you Target of Mt Pleasant, SC!

Anonymous 5/8/14 4:57PM
  • I was really impressed with the helpful customer service I recently received when I called Target's Customer Support. The representative picked up quickly and was polite. A circo train set I had purchased a few years ago and only recently rediscovered happened to be missing a few key pieces: the train. Although discontinued, he was able to find replacement parts and they were deliverered 48 hours later via FedEx. Thank you for great service! My child and I are both happy now.

Circo 4/24/14 8:22AM
  • Donna (at Brighton MI Store) went above and beyond to solve my problem. Please acknowledge her for this. I paid for an item that I did receive. I explained the problem to her and she asked manager if she could give me another one and the answer was YES!! Thank you Target and Donna.

Barbara Grulikowski 4/20/14 1:18PM
  • I would like to commend Brittany Grossfield at the Target in Brandon, Florida. Ms. Brittany has the MOST Outstanding Customer Service I have ever encountered. Her superb attitude & patience is very organic. Please be sure Ms. Brittany is recognized & appreciated for her professionalism. Target Inc. is fortunate to have one as her on their Team

Anonymous 4/19/14 7:50PM
  • I love Target.. The sale/ customer service is Always essential.. Customer satisfaction is alwAys guaranteed when I go there

Target 3/17/14 11:40AM
  • i may of been on hold for a while but the person i talked to was very nice and got the card working so i say great job customer service :)

Anonymous 3/4/14 2:20PM
  • shopped today and everyone i talked to was very friendly and helpful. i was able to pick up everything i needed and a few extra things since the valentine stuff was marked down so cheap.

noni 2/19/14 11:17AM
  • Shopped at Target on 2/11/14 and went through Jackie"s checkout line. She is/was amazing…always pleasant and very VERY thoughtful when organizing and bagging items. I seek out her line whenever I'm there. THANK YOU JACKIE!!!

Anonymous 2/11/14 10:17AM
  • I called the Customer Service # and spoke to Erwin within 5"!

Anonymous 1/6/14 4:42PM
  • I would like to compliment Matt, Sara, and Allyssa at the Target in Olathe, KS on 119th St. Matt spent a great deal of time helping me locate an item and acted as if it were a pleasure to assist customers. Sara and Allyssa assisted me in a confusing return situation and they both worked hard at making the return in a manner that promoted customer satisfaction. These three employees should be recognized for their helpfulness and great attitudes!!

Anonymous 1/6/14 11:58AM
  • Happy New Year,I stopped in at your Turnersville store went in to see it your store had Xmas place mats,I already found two at Sewell store hoping I could find more!Well I found them because of your very nice employee name Bonnie she knew just what I was talking about and took me right there,she was great and knew her job,thanks Bonnie!

Suzanne 1/2/14 4:02PM
  • I went to target in novato ca. to look for Christmas lights. It was very busy however one of the workers I asked about Christmas lights was helpful courteios and went out of his way to assist me. I unfortunately did not get his name but was so impressed with the service and courtesy I needed to let you know.

[email protected] 12/7/13 6:24PM
  • Your Senior Sales Manager in the Denver SW store, Jickson Chacko, went above and beyond to copy two CD's of mine that were very difficult to do. He assured me he could do it and he did. I appreciate it very much.

Anonymous 11/6/13 1:02PM
  • I want to commend Chrissy Canada for excellent service I received on Saturday 11/2/2013. Chrissy took the time to explain the Target debit card - and I will probably get one. She was definitely a positive influence on my decision.

Anonymous 11/4/13 6:42AM
  • I should like to commend the service provided by the 3 ladies at the Pharmacy at Easton, MD. on Friday afternoon Oct. 4th 2013.
    All of the 3 Ladies were extremely knowing and helpful regarding my prescription for the shingle shot. Velma administered the shot in a complete professional and pleasant manner
    Velma and the 2 other ladies offer a major contribution to the success of your Pharmacy in that store. I hope they remain.
    Thank you for the opportunity to experience such responsible staff.
    Marygail Ferris / St. Michaels, Md.

mg ferris 10/5/13 12:22PM
  • On August 25, 2013 I had a major order that I needed processed in the pharmacy for my daughter who was going to study abroad in France for her Junior year. She needed to take a years worth of her prescriptions with her. I had the distinct pleasure of dealing with Katrina at the Hendersonville, TN location. She was amazing to work with and took care of everything is an extremely professional manner. It truly solidified my reasons for filling my prescriptions at Target. Katrina was amazing and should truly be commended for her excellent attitude and customer service!

CEthridge 9/20/13 6:20AM
  • We have just purchased an iPhone and had an excellent experience. Your salesperson (Jordan Salisbury, Vestal Target store) was knowledgeable, patient, answered all of our questions and we were not pressured at all. We are senior citizens and this is our first phone purchase. We appreciated the attention we received. You have a stellar employee. Thank you.

Anonymous 9/17/13 5:39AM
  • I had an amazing experience at the Target Store in Pinole, California. I was literally stranded because I had locked my keys and cell phone in my car. I returned to Target where I had been shopping and went directly to Customer Service(CS) and asked if they could help me. The young woman at CS immediately got a phone, showed me how to use it and told me to take my time. She was very sympathetic and kind. Her smile made me feel more relaxed and when I needed to use the phone longer than I thought was appropriate, she told me not to worry, just to get the help I needed. The shift changed and I was greeted by two other associates who were equally as kind and caring. Their names are: Monica, jessica and Ana. What a tribute to Customer Service representatives - I haven't been taken care of that well in a very long time!

Anonymous 8/30/13 11:55PM
  • I shopped at your store in Dickinson, Texas on Saturday, August 24. I saw a customer looking at canisters of tea. The customer knocked over a container and the tea spilled all over the floor. A Target employee by the name of Samuel was stocking merchandise on the next aisle and I told him that I was afraid someone would fall in it. Sam literally jumped up, got a dustpan and broom and ran to the aisle where the incident occurred. Sam swept up the tea before I could blink. Sam was courteous and thanked me for letting him know about the spilled tea. Sam is an asset to Target!

happy Target customer 8/25/13 4:29PM
  • Zach and Sara of the Easton MD Target Store Pharmacy were so kind. They helped me get a very needed discount on my expensive medications. They are always caring and helpful. Susan Lane St Michaels MD

don't know 8/22/13 3:33PM
  • Bought a defective product, went back the next day and was able to exchange without any hassle.

Anonymous 8/22/13 1:08PM
  • Fastest and easiest returns policy I have ever encountered!!!! I am always in and out in minutes and the people are always super friendly behind the counter. I wish I had discovered Target years ago!!!

tonic2w 8/21/13 6:32PM
  • We experienced excellent service at the store in Walnut Creek yesterday. Greg and his supervisor,Matt were terrific! They answered lots of questions from us before we purchased 2 new I phones---better service than the local Apple store too.

Anonymous 7/8/13 5:46AM
  • Target brings in a lot money but, yet pays their employee's horrible wages and the pressure they put on you about getting people to sign up for red cards is terrible. They want you to ask every guest the employee's get really nonthing for getting people to sign up except maybe a free star bucks drink or something from food Ave or a candy bar. The ones who benefit at the end of the year for guests signing up for red cards is the managers and the ETL they get bonuses at the end of the year that's why they push the cashiers to get them. They give their employee's nickels and dime raises and this is the honest truth. That is why I am looking for a different place of employment. Why I have stayed so long is because I am dedicated.

moven on 7/28/14 1:39AM

• I work for Target and am amazed at how many shop lifters walk into Target and go and steal clothes and other items and go directly to the service desk and return them without a receipt of course and the cashiers have informed them at Guest Services that they went to the back of the store and stolded these items, but their response is that we have no security there yet to check the cameras and they give them a refund on a target gift card.

baffled 7/28/14 12:37AM

• Target is really a horrible place to work for. Actually had another employee stalking me following me home and waiting to see when I get off work. Told ETL,and HR. Nothing was done. The other employee picks "fights" with others and nothing gets done with her. One of our former HR told us nothing will get done because she is black and will sue the company. Well it works both ways. Now to make the STL look good they are taking away the overnight shift and putting a lot of people out of a job. May the STL of 1370 be out of a job soon. She has ruined that store made it the worst CHRISTMAS season in years! And many if not all employees including team leads, ETL and regular staff agree!

sara sucks 1/3/14 2:41PM

• Ive been w target for some odd yrs. Ive been having problems w the l.o.d. In lowell plain st ..2480.. First off they only promiting female team members in right areas.i havent been promoted ..they hire new team members and cut our good workers rather then puttin members on n not 6 managers at once. Some hirls tesm members dress inappropriate.n im not to comfortable.i have assist managersdating team member ..team members get dismissed 2 weeks notice n lod dont acknowledge the noticen take them back on same salary.tesms would change punch corrections n they not even there.those are some thing that are goin on .team memb just keep quitting im on of them

ateam member 3/23/13 9:09PM

• I love Target!!!! I love the product, team members-espicially when they get together each morning for their team meetings. I would like to suggest a few things. I can see on the corporate website that you participate in smoke-free month of November and actively help your employees and customers quit smoking. How about something a little more permanent such as removing the garbage cans with ashtrays on top away from the entrances showing that you care about your customers by not contributing to second hand smoke as they walk in to spend money in your stores??? Please move them away from the entrances-you are only enabling smoking and add a few signs to say No Smoking. If I ride my bike to your store(healthy choice for me as I try to lose weight) I lock it on your standing bike bars(I thank you for providing them) but where is it located??? Right next to 2 benches with ashtrays where your employees smoke....real nice-if I want to secure my bike I have to inhale dangerous second hand smoke which is proven to cause cancer among other health issues. These are simple fixes and you make enough money to find an area to accommodate your employees and customers who chose to harm themselves. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT PLEASE!!!!!

erin j 2/1/13 7:20AM

• Hi, not only have I been a Target shopper for over 30 years I am also a Target employee. I was hoping that Target would consider stocking Weight Watchers boxed items such as crumb cake, brownies, and more. Right now I have to shop at Albertsons and Walmart to purchase these items. Since most people are weight conscience now days please consider this and Hostess is gone so the shelves are pretty bare these days in that section.

Thanks, loyal Target shopper

Anonymous 1/27/13 1:37PM

• Target cashiers get all the crap from the guest. Do they know what it is like standing for 6-7 hours, lifting heavy objects into bags, listening to kids yelling in your ear and being ignored because the"entitled" people are too busy on their freeking cell phone to pay attention to their kids, but to even acknowledge that we are there? They treat us like crap, then go complain to gsa/gstl's that we were rude and are not "customer service" oriented.We have had items thrown at us, dirty resuable bags thrown at us, been called foul names, all because these people feel they are entitled. Just once, walk a mile in my shoes--- do you think management cares? NO as long as they get there quota of "RED CARDS" and they get their bonus-they are happy-what about us? Do you think all the 4 million that target puts back into the community the employees would get a little help? No, not in this world!!! Our raises if any are 6-14 cents. I have been there almost 6 years and make 37 cents more than I did when I started. They say are raises are based on how many "red cards" we get. Thats BS!!!!! If you are young they promote you and if you are over 40yrs old they try and get rid of you. Most of the "middle" age people are trying to keep their homes by working 2 jobs, and then are just treated badly. They tell us to talk to HR but how can you when the HR person is 22 years old and just graduated high school? What do they know???Is this there first or second "real job"?

Anonymous 11/30/12 7:59PM

• Target is terrible I use to work for the store on Hampton in Saint Louis Missouri. There was a Gas leak and the manager just wanted to unload the truck instead of getting the employees out of the store. Then I threw up and the manager threw a cart and was mad after the gas company left. Crazy they didnt appreciate a good employee like me. Glad Im not there anymore.

Who 11/21/12 4:33PM

• I am a team member @ store 1471 in Aurora, CO. Today I purchased a LeapPad Frog 2 item and when I took it off the shelf the label indicated the price of $79.99 and there were several on the shelf behind the one I grabbed but when I got to the register it rang up @$99. I explained to the cashier of the label price and she called over the GSTL Sue Simpleman, who then scanned the item and said well it's scanning @$99. I informed her that the label stated $79.99 and there were more than 2 on the shelf where I grabbed it from. She was very rude about it and told the cashier to change the price. That is not at all what I was wanting I was just trying to let them know about the label price. So after the cashier checked me out, I went over to the team member who was working toys to let him know about the issue, however, Sue had already contacted him about it. I informed him of the situation I had just experienced and told him I felt like a criminal because that was how she was making me feel. I even informed the ETL Amy about it but she didn't really act like she was much interested in my concern. So I left the store but immediately returned to the service desk where I explained to Tina the situation and told her I was very very upset and I wanted to return the item and for her to re-ring it so that I could pay the price of $99 because I didn't want them to feel like I was trying to scam them out of $20 and I was humilated by Sue's behavior. I understand that I am a team member and that products are consistently stocked in the wrong spot but it is not my responsibilty to investigate all the labels when I plan to shop there. Technically I was off the clock and was a guest whether I was shopping there or @another store. I am so upset that I will no longer do my shopping @this store because of the poor behavior of this GSTL and help from the ETL, Amy. If, it had been a guest they would have been given the price with no problem or humiliation. As far as the items being stocked in the wrong location is due to the flow team and this has been addressed to ETL of that team but it always gets overlooked because he doesn't want to take the blame that it's his team so then it's the blame of the sales floor. All I know is that this mistake caused me humilation and getting upset. Sue needs to be dealt with on this matter because it is not professional for your business. I am not trying to create a problem but I would like to be treated with dignity and respect when I am a guest and not a team member. Thank you for taking the time to listen to my concern for poor customer service.

Anonymous 11/11/12 7:56PM

• I just want to comment on targets application process. I think target has the worse application process and I'll tell you why. When I apply for certain positions that are open at the time I'm not able to go back and apply for any other positions at different target stores that may have open positions their hiring for as well if I have applied within the last 60 days. What kind of crap is that? I have never seen any other company do this with a job application. Target, you really need to do something about this process because it SUCKS!!!! Your the only company that has this stupid idea and honestly I wouldn't recommend anyone to apply to your company for employment based on this. What's the point? If they have to wait 60 days just to apply for ONE position. I could see if it was 30 days, but 60? Are you kidding me. What a stupid rule!!!! You get a thumbs down from me 👎👎👎😠

Dimples1218 9/17/12 9:28AM

• i used to work for the target in Goodyear AZ. they made me work in food avenue multiple times. they NEVER told me to get a food handlers card. even when i brought it up to higher management, they just shrugged it off. it must have bothered them, they cut my hours down between 4-12 hours a week! i was forced to find another job before my two weeks notice was up. another time i came for my shift crying. just got news my dad had to get his leg amputated that same morning, the manager just told me to wash my face and get to work.

noneya 5/15/12 7:06PM

• i used to work for the target in Goodyear AZ. they made me work in food avenue multiple times. they NEVER told me to get a food handlers card. even when i brought it up to higher management, they just shrugged it off. it must have bothered them, they cut my hours down between 4-12 hours a week! i was forced to find another job before my two weeks notice was up. another time i came for my shift. just got news my dad had to get his leg amputated that same morning, the manager just told me to wash my face and get to work.

thebrokenegg 5/14/12 7:56PM

• Lyn- If you have a problem with an item don't call Target 1-800 #. Take the item in with your receipt. You have 90 days to return or exchange an item in the store. If it's past the 90 days you can still do a no receipt refund as long as the item still rings up in our system (sometimes the item is no longer carried and will no longer be on file in the register for a purchase or return). When you call the 1-800# all they do is give you the manufact. number for replacement and repairs. Those companies don't have anything to do with Target so I can't explain why they haven't called you back.

Anonymous 1/9/12 1:58PM

• I work in The Target.com call center in Pakistan. Our Management cruelly calls our office "Targetistan" and we hope he will some day travel to our great nation so he can see we are a nation of hard, and caring workers.

I want to help my customer when they call, but Target.com management forces us to give lies to the angry and sad customers - literally if we deviate from the script of lies, they will garnish our wages or hurt our families. We know items are often not shipped or even in stock when ordered yet we tell them "it will be a few more days" which is lies!

I am so sorry to my fellow men for lying. I heard a rumor that Target is tring to put a cheaper call center in Afghanistan or Iran as its cheaper and there aren't as many moral hangups with lying. I hope not my freinds Pakistan is the best for hard working caring workers. Don't go to Iran with Target.com.

Albert Quada - Target.com Repres 12/7/11 11:16AM

• Target Employees work very hard..... yes we may seem rude at times, but most likely its because we just got in trouble because a guest decided to COMPLAIN about something!... how would you all liked it if people were constantly LOOKING for reasons to get you fired. Management treats us terribly, we have no initiative to work hard and be pleasant 100% of our shift... and that should be understandable...

Anonymous 6/5/11 2:10PM

• On mother's Day I quit working for Target.
    We worked either, unloading and stocking, or stocking. They have double meanings in a rush to do things. Sometimes its presume its possible to do it, insults in doing things, try to do things, goal time is set amount of time, goal time can be demand, or insults, somethings to ridicule with. Give more work to someone - then others finish sooner that day, yet some other day be done sooner than others, if your the last person done in an area, your to explain why your slower, when they were watching it all from the begining, they get ridicuos "you do this every day, why you so slow." "now listen to me" "Oh your ignoring me" They nag, nag, nag, about difficult things. We worked 2 or 3 days a week for 2 to 4 hours. Unload the truck in 1 hour or 1 and half, or rarely 2 hours, then on the shelf in 2 hours or less. There main concern was profit vs worker pay, they always made us rush and be prim and proper, a set amount of people, getting it done in a set amount of time, and answer customers, discuss with customer, find it with customer. Then after break time, if 4 hours work, we are to comment about nice things of others. If your off the clock, do not ask for help, or say anything, as customer, they will send you out the door, not let you buy it or give you help, its better to buy from another target store nearby. They presume we cause trouble asking or discussing as customers. Please remember this is about one Target Store only, others can be better.

Steven284 5/14/11 12:39PM

• I used to work at Target. The management was definitely not the best, and I was misled from the beginning because I told them I was looking for a full-time position and didn't find out until AFTER working for a couple of weeks that they wouldn't hire full-time employees. I had waited for that position because I was under the impression that I would receive a full-time position and this was for a brand new store opening up.

That said, I still love Target. It is silly to discriminate against a chain from one experience at one store. Our customer service was pretty good and our store was one of the cleanest around. I have been to several Targets and I know that it just depends on where you go as to how good or bad it is. One thing you have to keep in mind is that employees really make the store. If you are in an area where you can't get good employees, the store just isn't going to be everything you want it to be.

Anonymous 9/23/10 9:27AM

• I work in Electronics in a certain Michigan store. Here's 10 things to help understand and possibly work around our biggest problems.

1. Our system can be anywhere from 24-48 hours behind on a number. The online database is even worse. I don't deal with it at all other than "It says you have it online." Most of the time it's a lie. If there's a big sale and you're checking availability on Sunday, good luck. We're probably short-handed and sold out already.

2. There's a reason they're called door busters. I hate to say it, but if you can't wait outside, you're not getting it. We don't get enough stock. Sorry. This rings true for really good sales on Sunday. Don't expect us to have it on Saturday.

3. You know that RCA TV? It was a discontinued item during the whole sale. I knew the whole time we'd never get it back in. Even the raincheck said so. By the way, we weren't supposed to give them out to begin with. We were just delaying the anger. If it was me: "Quantities are limited, we're not getting stock. We're not giving out rainchecks." This happens a lot. Half of our current cameras are discontinued and out of stock.

4. That Mind Flex game was limited by the company. You couldn't get it anywhere else. We no longer carry it. We don't get those Zhu Zhu pets in much either. Or Wiis.

5. Cheap stuff sells first. You get what you pay for, anyway.

6. There are NEVER enough people on the floor. We have 3-5 people on the floor during 10am-6pm any normal weekday. 2 managers, the operator, and the single Electronics person. On average. Then the closing people in certain numbers to help pick up after your messes. 10 people are given 4 hours clean up a large store. We don't have time to help or we get in huge trouble. And Electronics almost never has assistance so you'll have to wait.

7. Returns. There are loopholes, and you can return lost-boxed items only if we have it in stock. You can exchange games/movies for the same TITLE so if you opened up a wrong game case, you can exchange it for the same one in a different system. Goes for DVDs vs Blu-Rays as well. You can also fight it if it doesn't say 'return only if unopened' if you've got a weak guest service person.

8. Back room people aren't always in the back room. Your best bet to find things in the back and get TVs is before 10 am. Electronics cannot pull TVs, though if it's bottom rung, I will. You're more likely to find people on the sales floor by then, and there's many people in the back room.

9. Don't call the store until after 9 or 10 though. There's not enough hours to give operators to have them answer the phone in the hours when most people call.

10. We're more likely to help you if you have an item number/DPCI:
    ###-##-#### If the first three are 24#, it's online only, the stores will not have it, regardless of what the site happens to suggest.

PS: The reason us Team Members are so unhappy is because we get paid very little and are treated like dirt.

Anonymous 2/22/10 3:53PM

Check out these popular comparisons of Target customer service versus other companies:
Target vs. Best Buy
Target vs. Safeway
Target vs. Sears
Target vs. Walgreens
Target vs. Walmart
Authorized representatives of Target can sign up to reply to any of the comments found on this page.

General Customer Service
800-440-0680
Target customer service phone number including steps to reach representatives, hours of operation, customer support links and more from ContactHelp.com.

Complete Target customer service phone numbers and contact information at ContactHelp.com

Locate the Target corporate office headquarters phone number, address and more at CorporateOfficeOwl.com.

Target corporate office headquarters information at CorproateOfficeOwl.com

Hours of Operation
Find Target hours of operation for locations near you!. You can also find Target location phone numbers, driving directions and maps.

Target hours of operation at HoursOfOperation.biz

Returns & Refunds
Review the Target return and refund policy at ReturnsAndRefunds.com.

Target returns, refund and exchange policy at ReturnsAndRefunds.com

Get immediate support for your Target questions from HelpOwl.com.

Receive immediate support for Target at HelpOwl.com

View thousands of Target user reviews and customer ratings available at ReviewOwl.com.

Target reviews and ratings at ReviewOwl.com

Local retailers on target
Nevertheless, he said, “our employees are aware that they have to sell harder, that they have to focus on customer service.” The national economy’s woes had ...
CITY OF TONAWANDA: Scammers target two seniors
Police say a customer service desk clerk became concerned that the man was being scammed, so she called authorities. According to police, the victim wired ...
The Truth About Target Stores
It would seem that the Indian, customer service person, I spoke with on the phone at 1-800-440-0680, which is the Guest Relations TFS-1A-X office, ...