Toys R Us Customer Service

Toys R Us customer service is ranked #551 out of the 706 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 25.93 out of a possible 200 based upon 450 ratings. This score rates Toys R Us customer service and customer support as Terrible.

Terrible Overall Customer Service Rating
  • Viewing Toys R Us customer service complaints
  • Good day,
    14/04/2014
    We are very unhappy about the Mjx R/C Technic 3 channel infrared with gyro, that was bought at Toys R Us at Westgate, Gauteng, as a birthday gift. It was bought on 02/04/2014, had it exchanged on 11/04/2014 due to mulfunction. We insisted that we want again a 2 week exchange period as it was a new product. Again the product is faulty. The assistance with the exchange was no problem, but not once did the store manager approach us to assist with this matter. We take this very seriously and we insist that we should be contacted urgently as this is not what one expects when visiting your store. It is also costly to exchange the product every time! We will have to come to some agreement before this product will be returned to the store.

Lylane 4/14/14 2:05AM
  • I do not believe we will ever shop at Toys R Us again. We drove out of our way to spend 100 dollars to qualify for a free toy with that purchase.At purchase they said that they did not have any at this time and that they would mail it. When it did not come in the mail I called the store and they said I had to call 1 800 Toys R Us. When I called that number I was told that you only get the free toy while supplies last. Of course I was told this after I spent the 100 dollars. Next time I will drive to a closer store and just buy the toy. Better yet, buy it on line. That is so dishonest! Way to go Toys R Us! You made my son realize stores do lie just to get you to come in and buy their stuff.

Anonymous 4/3/14 7:27PM
  • This is my second issue with Toys R Us in less than two months.
    First time, I ordered online and everything went smoothly. Until the package arrived. The side was completely smashed in, a huge rip along the edge of the packaging. I thought, "ok, this is the fault of UPS, I'm sure its not damaged inside."
    WRONG! The toy (a gift, of course) was not bubble-wrapped or protected in anyway. Just a toy carelessly thrown inside of a cardboard box. Of course the toy was smashed and broken. I used "chat online" on their site and was instructed to call. I called. They told me to go in store. I said okay this getting ridiculous, but I went to the store. There, they then gave me grief about exchanging the broken item. I understood (sort of) because it was mostly the deliverer's fault. However, they didn't protect the toy INSIDE of the box, so they were also at fault. I wasn't too angry, just hassled.
    Next, my child received a gift card as a birthday gift. Together, we shopped online and picked a few things out. The shipping cost caused the amount to exceed the amount on the gift card, so I applied my CC to cover the rest (a few bucks).
    However, when I submitted the order, it took the money off the gift card but DID NOT complete the order!! This sometimes happens, so I waited a few minutes and checked the balance (which had $$ on it a few minutes prior). NOTHING. ZERO. ZIP. My child was heart broken because of this confusing mess.
    The order was not complete, my CC was not charged, but yet the gift card went from X amount of dollars to 0 dollars. Magically disappeared. (I had checked the balance before ordering, so I knew exactly how much was on the GC)
    So I again used "chat online" hoping it would be a quick fix. They AGAIN directed me to call customer service. I did. They were rude and quick to get me off the phone, instructing me to wait "24 hours" and the money would be back on the card. I was annoyed, but I agreed. (this has NEVER happened with any other cards on any other website/store, if the order doesn't go through, the $$ stays on the card)
    24 hrs came and went. ZERO dollars back on the card. I called customer service AGAIN. They said "sometimes it can take up to 48 hours" ... Now I was even more annoyed. They seemed to be skirting the issue and trying to leave me high and dry with no gift card balance.
    I wrote down the case number,who I spoke with, and gave them all my info etc.
    Waited another 24 hours.
    A total of 48 hours had passed and NO balance back on the card.
    So I call AGAIN. Now I'm livid, they asked for my case number (which they looked up and then said DID NOT EXIST - they had a record that I called, but didn't have the gift card # on file and no info besides my name and when I called)
    Finally, customer service said I need to fax them a copy of the receipt proving the card was purchased in the first place. My blood is now boiling. They didn't inform me of this 48 hours again. WHY? Because they were just trying to continuously pass me off to the next person and the next person, until I presumably gave up.
    I said, "this was a gift! How can I expect the buyer to still have the receipt after all this time? I then would have to get the receipt from them, if they have it, find a fax machine and FAX IT TO YOU? Why was I not informed of this policy FORTY EIGHT HOURS AGO?! The balance was on the card 48 hours ago, which you acknowledged because you could see the amount was X dollars and now its 0 dollars with NO PURCHASES MADE." They repeatedly said I needed to fax a copy of the purchase receipt. Which I knew would just be another "wait 24 to 48 hours" situation and still nothing would be done.
    I demanded to speak the supervisor, I was completely disgusted with this BS situation.I could see why I would need a receipt if they had no record of the gift card existing, but they knew what the balance had been, before I even told them. They saw that it went from X dollars to 0 dollars without any purchases made on the gift card. They knew it was their error and were refusing to acknowledge it.
    They tried again to explain about the receipt and I repeated that I needed to speak to a supervisor. This went on for far too long and I refused to hang up with them AGAIN until this was solved.
    Finally, after being on hold for over 30 minutes, I spoke to the supposed supervisor who promptly put the money back on the card. It was so quickly back on the card, I wondered the HELL it took so long to see a simple result.
    I will NEVER buy from this store again. After dealing with the crappy, rude customer service and lack of care in handling matters that should have taken less than 1 hour... I will NEVER step foot in another Toys R Us/Babies R Us ever again.
    Have a registry or wishlist with them? No thanks, I will buy your gifts elsewhere. I've never had so much trouble with a company in my life. I have used plenty of gift cards on plenty of websites, sometimes errors happen while placing an order. But the balance to remain $0 for over 48 hours, while the customer service acknowledges that it was their fault but refuses to do anything about it? Now that's an all time low.

NormanRockwellTwin 3/27/14 10:05AM
  • Today I visited the Toys R Us store in Newark DE with my 4 year old grandson. While there we encountered an associate named Chad. Chad was so friendly and helpful! We encountered him several times during our two hour plus visit to that store. Chad always spoke and inquired if we needed assistance-- he could not have been nicer or more helpful. It was the first time in a long time that I was impressed with the service I received from a sales associate at any store. I was so impressed that I felt compelled to write. I surely hope that his efforts will be recognized by the corporate office and his supervisors!

Anonymous 2/22/14 2:04PM
  • I purchased a Lego City Fire Station on line for my son for Christmas but instead he wanted a Lego City Police Station so I returned the Fire Station to the store with the on line receipt (which was still not good enough) and I was told that I could only get a gift card, and that I could purchase the Police station on line with the gift card only to find out they do not carry that product in the store or on line. So now I am stuck with a gift card that I can't purchase what I really want with it. I called customer service what a joke they are, they will not help me out at all. I asked them if I could purchase the Fire Station back for the price that I original paid for which is the price of the gift card and was told that I would have to pay the difference by a different method of payment.

This is the worst customer service I have ever received. I work in retail and our policy is ti always make the customer happy but I guess that is not the case with Toys R Us. You just lost me as a customer.

Paula 12/27/13 7:49PM
  • I bought a Snakebite monster truck from the Store in Greenville Nc. onthe 17th, but they had an online sale on the 19th 30$ cheaper. So I called the store and ask them will thwy honor that price? So she asked was it online only I replied no because I could purchase and pick it up athe store. This was all bogus actions because they have a computer right there at customer service. I asked to speek to manager and she had to so-call find them had me on hold for 20mins, so long that when she (the same customer service rep), answered the phone Hello this is Toys R Us. I was immediately upset and once again to ask her what do I do since I bought the last one one the 17th. Mind you the online site showed none in-stock. So after a whole lot of attitude and sighs she goes and finds her manager and they agree to refund me the difference. So now ten minutes later I am at the store and see they have a computer at Cusotmer Service, a few of them by the way. Once again I am questioned about my refund and they cannot do it because it only pertains to on-line orders. Now I have to see a manager again, they check it in front of me on their computer 5 mins now instead of 20. I finally get my refund for the difference. So now I'm curious the web site says out of stock. I go to the shelf and what do I see. A snake Bite truck. Buy it there you pay 118$ by it on-line and pick it up form the store, 76$. so now tell me is this right. when I asked who answered the phone the reply, "I dont know everyone here kinda does". Talking about the worst customer service and dishonesty. Shame on you Toys R U

Blkhwn 12/26/13 6:40PM
  • My child and some friends recently got hired for the holiday season. Although I am happy they got hired I feel the store managers are taking advantage of these young adults ( most are 17-19 years old with this being their 1st
    Job). They work 9 hr shifts with hardly a break. Now that the store is open 24hrs they put them to work with only
    5-6 hours between shifts. Yes they are young and need the experience but be fair this company has a reputation for providing great customer service...how about the employees Store #6390

Anonymous 12/22/13 12:47PM
  • I just completed my second conversation with Customer Service.

I was thrilled to be able order items online for Christmas and have them delivered or for pick up at a store.

On Dec. 2, I ordered a Ergobaby carrier which offered a free liner ($25 value). On Dec. 15, I opened the package and found no liner. Called Cust. Serv. and talked to a supervisor and expressed my disappointment in not receiving the liner. After a discussion, she said she would give me a $25 cert so I could either order the liner online or pick it up at the store. She gave me a reference number but since I was driving, I could not write the number down. She said she would email me the number and information re. our conversation.

It is now Dec. 20, and I have not received an email from her. I called Cust. Serv. again today, and was told they do not have any record of that call.

I am very disappointed that I was lied to. Actually, duped and made a fool of, since she said one thing, making me feel like a valued customer, then did nothing.

I have shopped for years at Toys R Us and loved taking my grandchildren there. However, I will no longer do business with a company that operates this way. It may only by $25, but you have lost much more than that from me and from friends with whom I will share this experience.

Phyllis Larned

Anonymous 12/20/13 11:16AM
  • This is the first bad review I have ever posted on line. Toys R US is the most unorganized full of chaos store and on line order service I have EVER experienced. I ordered an item and was told by the online service by numerous customer service reps and supervisors, that item would be delivered by 10 business days.10 days will be on December 24th, but the local store does not get a truck but once a week. However the online service says they are not privy to that information. How can an online serve promise delivery if they do not have accurate information. I have been given a different answer by 5 different customer service people to include supervisors and 6 store/asst managers about this order. When the last supervisor was to transfer me to corporate I was disconnected. Which does not suprise me in the least. I have held on for numerous hours for customers service to be disconnected numerous times by customer service reps. Had the online service been honest (which no one there seems to be know how to be)I would have gone to another store to purchase my item while they were still in stock, but due to the constant wrong information I have been told, can no longer find the item anywhere. To make matters worse, I could have gotten the item at my local store on Monday December 16th, because an assistant store manager had told me my order was in and had incorrectly given me the item with someone else's name on it and I was honest and told them I could not dissapoint another child when that was not my name. I have constantly been told that my item is reserved, but it can't be mailed or picked up at the warehouse; and then been told it could be sent ot my home and picked up at the warehouse. Told the problem would be esclated only to hear the next day someone forgot to push the right key to esclate it. The last store manager that returned my call was very rude. This season is suppose to be about giving and being kind to one another, too bad no one at Toys R US seems to know how!!!!!!

Very Disapoointed 12/19/13 12:08PM
  • Placed an order and received order number and email confirmation.

When product was not received Customer Service was contacted but there was NO RECORD of my order is the system. Being advised a call back would have to be made after they researched the issue and having read thesebcomments the worst case scenario was feared.

HAPPILY all has worked out. Toys R Us has rectified the issue by offering to send the order ASAP.

Althpugh frustrated the original order was misplaced the situation was handled timely and appropriately.

AcceptableResolution 12/18/13 4:33PM
  • I Was Charged For Items I Did Not Receive. When I Called Support They Were Patheitic In Helping Me Get A Credit Back. Toys R Us Has Become A Joke Where Customer Service Is Concerned!

Anonymous 12/17/13 7:20PM
  • WORST WEB SITE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. I recently placed an order for 5 items from the Toys R Us website. All items were available when I shopped the site and submitted my order. I receive a confirmation email a couple minutes later showing two of my items(which are Christmas gifts) would not be shipped until after the New Year. I immediately contacted Toys R Us and was advised by a very rude and unpleasant service rep that it was too late to cancel the items because the order had already processed. I advised her that I was not trying to cancel the entire order just the two items that are apparently out of stock now. Of course she could not help me. I spoke with two supervisor who also said there was nothing they could do. How is it that you don't have the items in stock and I can not cancel my order for items that are not due to ship for another 2-3 weeks. This makes absolutely no sense to me what so ever. Now you think I'm going to wait until after Christmas to get them items just to return them anyway. This is not a consumer friendly company. Never will I purchase anything from Toys r Us again, online or in the store. And you wonder why people spend their money else where.

PISSED OFF 12/16/13 5:19AM
  • I have been robbed out of my money! I placed an order on line at Toys R Us and I received my order number but I never received a ready for pick up confirmation. Several hours later I received a cancellation email. I called the store for hours and they never answered. I called customer service and corporate and no one could help me. Worst of all, I was never given an explanation as to why that happened and I was left without the items and without my money because since they placed a hold on my credit card , it takes 2-3 business days to clear. I feel I have been robbed and no one I spoke with at customer service or cooperate helped me. All they said was sorry. I am never trusting Toys R Us again!

Anonymous 12/11/13 7:25PM
  • Ordered online to pick up at store. Email says go to kiosk. Couldn't find kiosk. Asked sales associate was pointed to it. Then entered required information. It then tells me to go to the back of the store to pick it up. There is a small desk with small sign. No one is there. Ask another associate. She tells me to wait. The another customer service person comes up and tells me he didn't see me so he took it up front to customer service. Go back to customer service. Stand in line again. Associate hands it to me without bag without receipt. I ask for bag and am told I don't need one. I was there longer than if I had just gone in and not done pickup.

eloisehepzibah 12/11/13 3:46PM
  • 12/11/13 ON MY DOORSTEP TEN DAYS LATER. MEANWHILE THE ITEM WENT ON SALE A FEW DAYS AGO AND THEY WON'T GIVE ME AN ADJUSTMENT BECAUSE IT'S PAST 7 DAYS. I'D CALLED A FEW DAYS AGO AND THEY DISCONNECTED ME TWICE. BY THE WAY THIS IS LEGO TOYS. I ONCE HAD TO ORDER A REPLACEMENT PART FROM THE HEADQUARTERS IN EUROPE AND IT ARRIVED QUICKER THAN DID THIS ORDER FROM OHIO.
    Location Date Local Time Activity
    Bound Brook, NJ, United States 12/10/2013 5:22 A.M. Received by the local post office
    Bound Brook, NJ, United States 12/09/2013 3:59 P.M. Package transferred to post office
    12/09/2013 3:27 A.M. Destination Scan
    TWELVE MILES FROM MY HOME
    Bound Brook, NJ, United States 12/06/2013 5:09 P.M. Arrival Scan
    IN MY STATE A DAY LATER
    Parsippany, NJ, United States 12/06/2013 4:27 P.M. Departure Scan
    12/06/2013 11:31 A.M. Origin Scan
    Groveport, OH, United States 12/05/2013 1:10 A.M. Agent pickup; in transit to UPS facility.
    United States 12/06/2013 4:51 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
    ORDERED DEC. 1. FIVE DAYS TO FULFILL ORDER.

BLINDINGHEADCHE 12/11/13 11:54AM
  • My children's birthdays are in December close to Christmas, and each year I forget the trauma I experience buying gifts from toysrus.com. Selective amnesia. I wouldn't shop there except that my sons are given several gift cards from this store. For standard delivery to be so slow, they have to be purposely detaining merchandise in order to make it seem like expedited shipping is worth the money. An item purchased from Target.com five days later has arrived before my sons' toys.

Another order, I tried to use an American Express gift card and they placed a hold on my funds even though the order transaction wasn't completed properly due to a website error (it accepted partial funds on the card as full payment instead of asking for a second payment form). I immediately informed them of the problem and tried to reorder. I got a ridiculous explanation, a veiled admonishment for not doing it right and no apology for TAKING MY MONEY.

Tried twice to call the customer service line a few nights ago and they disconnected me twice after some garbled gibberish and numeric codes.

blindingheadache 12/11/13 11:25AM
  • I called customer service regarding an online order I received in which I ordered a kids bike and ended up receiving an Evenflo car seat. Upon explaining the obvious mistake they made, I was told I had to wait 24-48 hours for them to complete a vin check & investigate why the mistake was made. Additionally, they could not resend the item until this was done. I felt that this was an unjust response and that I was being penalized for their incompetence. I could probably understand receiving the wrong bike, but a car seat? Really Toys R Us? I asked if the warehouse could be contacted to expedite this process as the bike was supposed to be a gift and I didn't want it to go out of stock. I was informed that though they could not guaranty my item would not sell out, I shouldn't worry it would probably be ok. I just had to wait the 24-48 hours for them to complete their investigation before they could begin the process of reordering. They were so kind as to refund my shipping charge. To this I say what about the inconvenience of not getting the right item and now having to return this bulky heavy car seat box? As for my request to have someone contact the warehouse they could not. The fact that they started the 24-48 hour investigation was there way of expediting things for me. I am extremely disappointed with the level of customer service I received and I will be teaching out to their corporate office.

Anonymous 12/7/13 10:23AM
  • On dec 2 2013 I placed an order for a sega genisis classic game console online at toys r us around 10 am. Within a minute I received a email stating my purchase had been confirmed and my order was in progress. I was supposed to receive a pickup email within 2 hours. I placed a call about 3pm to inquire if my purchase was ready for pickup. Since I hadn't received my pickup order email. I was told by customer service that due to the high volume, it would probably be ready in 48hrs. I called again that evening and was told by another customer service agent that maybe the the purchase didnt go through and i needed to call 1800toysrus. I called the number and was told the item was in progress. Its been 3days and I went online again and now the game console is out of stock. I've been getting the end arounds from toys r us, customer service is terrible. They surely debited my money without having my purchase in stock....will never shop at toys r us again

Anonymous 12/4/13 6:28AM
  • WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!
    One of my item was out of stock and it didnt tell me till i already paid for it! I wouldnt have bought anything else if it wasnt for that item.
    Tried to cancel my order, called 3 times none of them helped me, the first person said they cant pull it out yet so i have to call back, called in 20 mins... second person said i have to wait for the confirmation email, called again in 10 mins. When i finally got to the third person, she said i cant cancel it anymore because it was already in processing. WHAT THE HELL???!!! NEVER ORDERING FROM TOYS R US AGAIN!!! YOU GUYS HAVE THE WORRSSTTTTT COSTUMER SERVICE IVE EVER EXPERIENCE!

Princess777 12/3/13 12:20AM
  • Toys R Us, Made Me Lost My Time, Money And All The Black Friday Sales, After I Had Place My Order And They Gave Me Confirmation Number And Took My Money From My Cards, Later This PEOPLE Send Me A E Mail Telling Me That My Order Got Suspend It, I Pay With 2 Giftcard And The Worst Customer Service Company Or Store Told Me That Even If I Pay With Gift Card I Need To Put My Debit Or Credit Card Information So They Can Do My Order, And I Have All Ready 3 Day Fighting To Get My Order Or My Money, I Never Going To Spend My Money At Toys R Us. Walmart,sears, Target Need To Teach Toys R Us How To Handle Customer Service Care And Place Order.
    I Will Put The Complaint To BBB And If They Dont Give Me My Money Back Or The Products Im Going To Call a Consumer Attorney And I Will Sued This Company.

I Lost All Great Deal From Black Friday, To Get My Family All Their Present, Thanks To Toys R Us.

SAD CUSTOMER EVER 12/2/13 9:43PM
  • BY FAR THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!! I called to cancel an order 15 minutes after the order has been placed and was on hold for 30 minutes then they told me that I couldn't because the order had already moved through. WELL OF COURSE IT DID I WAS ON HOLD FOREVER. Finally reached someone and they put me on hold for 20 MINUTES and it disconnected. This happened not only 1 more time but 3.... I am currently on hold and this is a TOTAL WASTE OF TIME. I will NEVER order from Toys R Us again. Walmart even has better customer service then this!!!

AMSRBV67 12/2/13 2:05PM
  • I went to store in long island and she gave me and a family member an attitude. I was asking about a promo that you spend $75 and receive a $10 gift card. I told my family that we will just pay together. The bill was over $190 and the cashier said we will only get one gift card. So I asked if I were to pay my stuff separate then we can get another gift card to spend later on. She said we could do that its one per customer. We said yes we are different customers buying for our own children. With an attitude she said we cant do that. So I said to take out some of the video games and she took them out of the bag and slammed them on the counter and rolled her eyes. Normally things don't bother me but she was to rude. I am a special needs teacher an I have lots of patience but this teen had such a bad attitude. Never again I will go back to Toys r us. The customers in front of us got smiles but me a person that is of a different color got an attitude and rudeness. I hope that Toys r Us really look at the people they hire. Retail is a customer service business so I don't understand why they would hire someone who does not know how to respect their customers, after all we are the ones bringing in the money for them.

Anonnymos 12/1/13 4:59PM
  • VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!! My mom bought 5 games from there last week because there was a huge display with large signs all over it stating a sale. When rung up she noticed all of the games did not ring with the sale. The cashier told her they would come up y the end of the sale. Today she noticed this did not happen. Even fter talking to a mnager she ws refused money back. Not only will the items be returned vut they lost customers!

Anonymous 11/27/13 5:59PM
  • Toysrus.com is awful!!! The customer service is horrible!!! Please don't ever use .com!!!! I purchased a $400 item from them online because it wasn't available in store. When I received the item, the gas tank was cracked and the item smelled like gas!! Needless to say, the item had been used!!!! I returned the item and have yet to receive a refund, better than that they can't even find where the returned item is, even though I have confirmation that UPS returned it to the dock!!! Piss pitiful service!!!!!

Anonymous 11/18/13 10:29AM
  • Orderd products no problem toys r us took my money no problems have i got my delivery that was promised within 3/5 days NO i call ask were it is they dont know & if i call back next day they will try & find it im not going to keep wasting my time & money calling them so will wait for a call from them as left my number if it is not sorted i will be having my money back & certainly wont be shopping with them again thats for sure. Grrrrrr!!!

Anonymous 11/17/13 2:29AM
  • The Toys R us on 75th bell. I had such good customer service from Mary and Rey.
    They were so helpful and even though it was busy they still made everyone feel like they were important and not just a number. Excellent Excellent customer service.
    Susan Coronado
    Glendale, AZ

susie 11/25/13 4:50PM
  • I just got off the phone, placing my Christmas order with a very pleasant, polite, patient and very courtesy person named Andrene. I had a large order and she helped me so much. It has been a very long time that I have gotten someone as nice as her. I just wanted to let you's know about her work skills. I would rate her a 9, I wish we had people like her for our company.

Yours truly,
    Joyce L. Mead

Anonymous 11/15/13 1:27PM
  • I Shopped At Toysrus In Fontana California,the Manager Askari Siavosh Helped Me By Figuring Out A Confusing Transaction And Not Only Did He Validated My Concerns He Also Made My Sons Birthday A Happier One! He Was Very Helpful And Professional. We Will Always Go To That Store Were We Feel That Not Only The Toys Are The Best And Also The Custumer Service! Thank You So Much! We Are Happy Custumers!

Anonymous 4/21/13 5:55PM
  • We had called the Okemos, Michigan store for a Godzilla Final War figure, and was told there were 6, so we drove over. When we got there, we were told the web# I had given the associate was for a total box of Godzilla figures, not just the Final War figure. Scott M searched the store, but couldn't find one. Now, mind you, this figure costs less than $14.00, but he called two other stores, and arranged for us to buy one over the phone from a store 30 miles away, to be delivered to our home. It took Scott 30 minutes or more to get all this resolved, but I find it wonderful that he would take such care for such an inexpensive item. Thank you, Scott!

Carla and Mark Allaire
    Lansing, Mi.

Carla Allaire 2/4/13 5:59PM
  • I would like to thank Felicia at the front desk of Toys r us, terre haute, in, for her patience with me and my grandaughter when we came into the store to exchange a Coby tablet. She was sooo helpful, never was huffy, took time to make sure she check every avenue to see if there was a replacement for my grandaughters' Tablet. I really appreciated her manners and expertise about the policies and how she could help us to receive either a replacement or an upgrade. Very, Very helpful. Please give this person a raise, she deserves it very much!!!! Thank you Toys r us, for having her as an employee.

bbarbie47@aol.com 1/7/13 9:07PM
  • I wanted to let you know what outstanding service I got this week end by one of your associates in the South Portland, ME store. I asked for help to find a particular toy. Now mind you I only had a few buzz words from an ad of it.The young gentleman's name was Brandon and he was outstanding. Now only did he find the article I was looking for - he was so kind and professional. I had to let someone know inasmuch as in this day where there is no customer service - I had to tell you. Again he was so nice and how he found what I wanted was totally unbelieveable.

Thank you for your attention to this and I hope that someone tells him of his wonderful service.

Anonymous 10/22/12 3:38PM
  • I am a truck driver from Canada and ordered a train set for my son. It was to come with a carrying case, but we did not put it in our shopping cart on line. When I got to Barbourville WV. The service department went above and beyond to help me get the case. I was very pleased with them. Thank you.
    Charles Crumb, Dunnville, On. Ca.

Anonymous 9/10/12 9:14AM
  • Last week when we were at Babies R Us in Winston-Salem, NC, Linda was extremely helpful in locating a sale item which was not available at the Winston-Salem store. She spent much time locating a high chair that we very much wanted to give as a gift.

Thanks very much to a dedicated employee.

Sharon and Ed Bartz

Anonymous 6/17/12 4:20PM
  • By far the best shopping experience in our East Texas town. Employees go WAY out of their way to help, sometimes to an absurd level. The majority of reviews on here are either laughable, regarding phonecalls, or about internet orders. Its a pity the amount of abuse that goes through this site.

Anonymous 6/5/12 6:56PM
  • Wow...Just reading through some of these comments astounds me. My family and I have never had an issue with our local Toys R Us or Babies R Us. I'm sure some stores may have random idiots working there that shouldn't be there, but as I sit and read some of these posts, I can only say I feel bad for some of the employees. It seems like many people on here expect to be the only customer at Christmas time and their needs are the most important. Being out of stock? That does happen. Most stores, including Toys R Us, only get a shipment in once a week other than the holidays and most sales ads run an entire week. So if you come in on a Friday when the sale has been going on all week and they are out of stock, that's their fault? Grow up! ALSO the thing about tv advertisements and newspaper flyers...why do people feel that company has misrepresented them if THEIR local store is out of stock on a sale item (refer to the above statement as well)? Do you think YOUR particular store is the ONLY one in the COUNTRY with that sale? Those sales are generated COUNTRY WIDE! It could be out of stock in 10 stores but in stock in 8000 more. Our local store has always had great customer service and friendly employees. I've never had really any complaints. Sometimes the lines can get long but as soon as that happens, I can hear the employees jumping over the intercom to pull up extra people and they work as hard as they can to do what they can. It's not always the cashier. I have been behind several sorry @$$ people that could care less about how many people are behind them. They stand there and talk on their cells or pay a $300 bill with ones. I've seen people be lazy and just lay down the crap they don't want instead of walking a couple of aisles down to put it back where it goes, hence making MORE work for these already underpaid employees. I have worked in retail before at Walmart and I can assure you these are every day realities for someone in retail. But of course you have those people that expect the world to cater to them and God forbid they read an exchange or return policy that is CLEARLY stated on a large sign at guest services...then only to be rude to the employee and accuse them of things they have zero control over. This world makes me sick. I am glad and proud to spend my time shopping at Toys R Us. And I'll be even more excited to get all of the rude and ungrateful people out to have an even more pleasant shopping experience.

DontYouKnowIt 4/16/12 10:42PM
  • I had the best employee help me in a toys r us located in Toms River NJ. Everytime I go in she is always there and willing to do whatever she can to make me and everyone else happy. It's like when you go to a hair salon and your dresser then knows you as a regular, she does the same. She is great with all my children and keeps them calm for me at times that I need it. I was not sure where to go to write about her but I stubbled up on this site. I wish everyone was like her cause there are many rude employees. Alyson #1843618 according to her manager is great !

Becky187 12/29/11 6:05PM
  • I just finished mychristmas shopping 2 toys r us...I was surprised how quickly I got in & out, given how crowded it was.
    I got some deals, good service from video game girl, and cheery enough service (given it was busy). I left happy.

yoyom19 12/12/11 6:00PM
  • I posted about the Rapunzel Tower and the fact that the free set was impossible to get. A supervisor did call me today, and if the results are what I was told (notification that the set is available and a free one sent to me) I will change my negative comment to a positive. I am actually happy to have heard from someone.

wcal 11/10/11 11:40AM
  • On 8/7/11 my 4 yr old grandson lost $65.00 of his birthday money he was going to spen in Toys R Us. He was so upset and I went to the service desk and tol the bou and girl that was up there what had happene. They both smiled and said they had found it and he went to the office and gave me back the money. Needless to say my grandson was so happy. Their name is Lara J and Mel. We were at Monroe La in the store there. I hate to say it but there is not many that would not have put in pocket and kept that money. Thank you so much to both of you.You made our experince realize that there are still honest people in this world. Thank you so much!!

bgowan 8/29/11 7:00PM
  • We would like to express our sincere thanks and provide customer recognition to 2 employees of the Bethel Park, PA store # 6560. Team Member Bridgette in the baby furniture department and Manager Ron, were extremely conscientious in resolving a crib mattress/crib dilemma for our 9 month-old grandtwins. They willingly returned two mattresses (purchased at BRU) that did not fit snugly in the Delta cribs that we had purchased also at BRU. Bridgette was relentless in her bringing out many mattresses to see if they would fit snugly - with ultimate success after about 45 minutes of trying many mattresses. She deserves special recognition for her customer service effort. She also worked past her shift end time to complete her activities. Ron likewise set the tone with the employees to resolve our issue to our satisfaction and provided an agreeable financial solution to our situation. We were very pleased with the final outcome of our situation.

Anonymous 7/3/11 10:40AM
  • I visited the ToysRus store in Marrero because I had a problem with my order. The staff handled the situation in a very helpful manner. They were courteous, knowledgeable and kind. I appreciate this kind of service very much. Thanks very much expecially to alvis.

Anonymous 5/21/11 3:11PM
  • I called this number followed the prompts and spoke immediately to a CSR they were very helpful and i was satisfied

peables 4/11/11 11:34AM
  • On Sunday, March 20, Erika Babcok at the Atlanta Northlake store was extremely helpful in helping me get Toy Story toys. Another employee named Preston left for the day (without telling me) and no one could find my planned purchases I had left at his register. Erika apologized for him and she and Wayne searched to locate them. Later she called me at both phone #'s I gave her to let me know she had found what I wanted. I returned to the store and Erika had set them aside, just as she promised. She went the extra mile, and is a credit to your company. Thank you. And please thank Erika Babcok, too. Susan Parker

Anonymous 3/22/11 1:48PM
  • Toys R Us does not make the products STUPID PEOPLE why don't you complain to the manufacturers instead of bashing on a store you don't "have" to shop at go spend ten bucks at family dollar and see what happens to those toys.. idiots

lovethestore 3/9/11 11:05AM
  • my experience was great! everyone was more than helpful.

Anonymous 12/12/10 9:24PM
  • Had a Christmas request for a homeless 5 year old. Went to TRU on 11/19/2010. All area stores were out of the Mommy's Baby. Amelis M from store # 6305 and made sure the little girl would have her gift in time for christmas. Thanks Amelia
    PS Just contacted a rep about a question I had about the mom returning the doll if needed and the rep was extremely helpful

mlw 12/11/10 1:50PM
  • Kaneohe Store.
    Kiwa is the store manager and performs an Outstanding customer service. She sure is an asset to the new store at Windward Mall Kaneohe.
    I purchased a toy not knowing the day of Grand opening. Four days later went back to look around and found the toy I purchased on Grand Opening was Buy one and get the 2nd half price. I asked her whether she'd honor my receipt. If I purchased another toy. Kiwa was nice enough to honor my request. She should be recognized for her Excellent Outstanding Service. She sure has the Aloha Spirit.
    I would apppreciate a response to this comment.
    Yvonne Koga

*****The Windward Mall sure needs a toy store. Myself and hearing other customers
    would like to have this Toys R Us Store.

Employee Comment 10/25/10 12:56AM
  • I just want to give the biggest compliment out to the manager Rod and the associates at the Toysrus in Pensacola Fl 32504. I was in there Tuesday night 2/9 to buy a gift for my girlfriend's baby shower where she did her registry. The associates helped me find all I was looking for on the list I wanted to buy. Awesome customer service. I went back on Wed 2/10 because my cousin Matt and his wife Brandy are having a baby (great people). So I was looking at the gliders. Rod stepped in and helped me out so much. I can't say enough about Rod. He was personable and knowledgeable, just genuine. Rod and his staff rock. So helpful and nice and it shows they care about eachother and the customer. Thanks again to Rod. Hope you have a successful year at the company.

Michelle Grisanti 2/11/10 2:50PM
  • I just spoke with one of your customer service representative concerning a Christmas order for one of my Christmas Angels. She was extremely helpful and very courteous. She located my order and all is well. Thank you Toys "R" Us.

Anonymous 12/16/09 8:53PM
  • I worked at BRU/TRU and could spend time telling how uncaring they towards their own empoyess etc etc and many other issues , but I want to take this time to address the behavior of "The Customer Is Always Right Club".Here's an epiphany your not always right.The return policy is printed on the bacl of the receipt-----proof of purchase----- if you don't read it that's your fault not the stores.? how long do you think a store should be responsible to help you and you to be able to return items 90 days as it's stated ,or 6 mons,a yr ,2 yrs how long would satisfy you grumpy jerks ?.
    If I behaved in your home as most of you do in a store you'd kick me out and tell me never to come back.
    You break things, bust open boxes, packages, etc as if you already own the item( you just have to see it out of it's packages/boxes and or feel it-why several pics on the package isn't saffice) which then renders it unsellable.You break displays, you make messes and ditch items all over the store...guess your parents never taught you to put things back where it belong and clean up your messes....I guess that only applies at home because your sure don't do it in our stores, you let you kids play with toys/items make messes as if the store is their personal playroom and run wild. your usually condescending so is it any wonder employees aren't very helpful, and oh lordy if we're out of something it's the end of the world, yet it could be the manufactures fault we can't get it. You leave drinks cups every place, food wrappers snuff spit,and Kleenex ...why do you think we want to pick up your messes or nasty kleenex's etc Our job is not to pick up after you ,it's to assist you and stock , but when we have to follow up after all you'd done all these things take away from our normal duties which waste time making it a better palce for you to shop.Thing that really gets is leaving your babies poopie diapers in the parking lot when there are trash cans outside the front doors but your to lazy to walk a few yards and dispose those poop filled diapers and I surely don't want to have pick up your babies poopie diaper and if I knew where you lived that I'd scoop it up drive by your house and throw it on your yard and see how you like that, what's the difference. To bad all shopping isn't done online so we wouldn't have to put up with customer behavior that leaves so much to be disired.Actually I think about 60% of you dumb down to a rock when you pass thru the front doors and lose all sense of civility and intelligence.Oh I almost forgot the behavior at customer svc wehen you don't get your way makes many think you need a straight jacket.Or agood butt kicken.

Enigma 7/27/12 6:34PM

• store #7103 407238 9630

I was a former employee and I just left that dump of a store more than
    a month ago because they treat you really bad, the management is so
    bad because they are unorganized and only act organized when someone
    in corporate is coming, they also discriminate against hiring new
    employees. Also, they always cut my hours there for no reason at all.
    That place is very unprofessional and the managers sleep around with
    the employees in the back of the store when the store closes i know
    because ive seen it .The store managers dont want to come to talk to
    customers when they have a problem either they ignore you and are not
    helpful at all when a customer gets mad.
    They need an undercover employee

Anonymous 3/23/12 8:22AM

• I worked there for this past season and it was HORRIBLE. They did not schedule right, so we didn't have enough people on really busy days. I wanted to check my schedule and I waited for 40 minutes to have someone tell me to wait again. Rude employees are not dealt with, but get high fives. We are told to give round about comments to customers. I'm glad they didn't keep me, but part of me wishes I could have stayed because I actually cared about people's feelings. They bait and switch the sale products. Horrible place to work and shop.

Anonymous 1/10/12 1:02PM

• I work there as a sales associate helping customers and stocking items and I do try my best to help people. I agree that the customer service is pretty bad because they won't even pick up the phone for their own employee who is trying to check the schedule book or talk to the manager.

Anonymous 1/7/12 4:08PM

• Every negative comment I've read has to do with either shopping online(which you run a risk in doing anywhere you shop online)as for being put on hold for too long what do you expect calling a toy store during season stuff happens and the employees are bombarded with questions on the way to find whatever it is your looking for there are millions of people in this world not just you so learn some patience.As for myself I started at the new metro store in august(stocking shelves setting up displays etc)we opened in sep and almost every guest I help tells me how nice I am and how much I have helped them because well I love my job and it shows and management can see that I take the time to track my numbers and hand in my card every day before I leave because that little card says hey this is what I do for you all day you just have to remember STAR and really make your self available you will be recognized for it depending on where you work you just have to get to know how your managers work and what makes them happy and ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU CANT MAKE EVERY GUEST HAPPY there are just some people that are out looking to ruin someones day JUST KEEP SWIMMING JUST KEEP SWIMMING AND KEEP A SMILE ON YOUR FACE

R-Zone electronic Ninja 12/23/11 4:07PM

• i worked at the TRU in Scottsdale az for 7 seasons and dealt with the rudest , most mean spirited customers . being nice and professional did not matter to them . it is not the store clerks fault that the store is out of stock of sale items , they are ON SALE meaning there is a limited stock . when the store is out , it's out . reasonable adults would not get upset over something so trivial . either call other stores or have a customer service person call around it's not that difficult . also , do not wait until 3 days before Christmas to try and find a popular selling item and then get bent out of shape ,taking it out on the employee because you waited too long to look for it . these customers had this sense of entitlement and because we worked retail we were looked down upon like we were subhuman and not worthy of any mutual respect. i used to get questions from customers to the effect " this isn't your full-time job is it ?". there was one woman that even threatened to slap me if i didn't stop humming Christmas songs at checkout , ridiculous. ridiculous people. you want to know why some of you get bad customer service ? bad customers .

formertrudepthead 12/23/11 11:19AM

• So I just started working for this company and I have done nothing but outstanding performance I have received 5 out of 5 stars for star observation and numerous compliments better than higher authority. I worked 11 hours at guest services, layaway register, on the floor, on a register, etc. I was given a late lunch 30 mins before my scheduled clock out time and was told " oh I thought you had one " ... I ask my supervisor can I just go home I'm exhausted I have to be in at 11am the next morning anyway, she tells me no. So I end up having to stay for the extra five mins which turns into a whole extra handful of duties that I figured I could stay and help cause they needed it .
    Towards the time I actually have my jacket on and I am doing a couple of last things which included a SOS order at the back of the store casue it was crowded up front. The customer wants to pay cash so I have to upload a gift card with the total to complete the order. I have to go to the front to do this, so as I get to the front IT IS PACKED and as I am walking to grab a gift card off the rack a customer sees me walking to a register so I signal a couple of people that I can ring up. Now heres where it comes in to why I am posting this, I sign in to the register and its moving extra slow maybe cause its busy or maybe it hadnt been used. but it has happened before it usually catches up with what i ring up. So I continue to swipe under the scanner, there are two customers one is pulling money out of pocket and pocketbook the other is asking me for a price check then refusing the item then starts bagging the items that i have set to the side. Basically interfering with the transaction. Then the one getting money out asked me the total then asked me to take stuff off totaling four items, as i take it off not realizing a couple of other items didnt ring up the other customer still put them in her cart, the one with the money distracted by asking me to check prices and promos on certain items. Keep in mind that I just came up there for one reason and that was to upload a gift card and get out of there! They were also rude and disrespectful during the process reeked of liquor. Had an item at the bottom of the basket. So as they mangaed to get away with merchandise the buzzer went off because an item they had actually needed me to de code it , thank god! The supervisor checks their receipt and they leave with the merchandise that they payed for that i rung up properly and the other stays that they gave up. Now after I finally uploaded the card I asked someone else to get on the register that I was on and someone to take this to the back to complete the order and I got my tail out of there cause I was just at my breaking point. As I am walking out my supervisor ask me did I do the transaction between the two customers I told her yes. That was the end of it.
    Later my co worker texts me and tells me that my supervisor said that I had an association with the the two customers that stole merchandise........... YOUVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME !!! I immediately thought to myself is it cause they were african american and so am I. How did she figure I was associated with them when I was supposed to be gone hours ago my phone has been dead. Can someone tell me how. So I come in to work today and my supervisor is scheduled to clock in at 3pm so I wait to talk to her and the store manager and get a clear understanding of what happened I had nothing to do with. 3pm rolls around and I walkie the store manager and ask him can I talk to the both of them and he completely blows me off. I ask the supervisor once I finally see them can you the store manager and I talk please. She tells me I am busy I was told to do something else by the store manager so I go and sit and start to dial corporate to explain the issue but the assistant manager stops me and takes me in the office and ask me what I need. I tell them I was falsely accused by the supervisor of involvement with last nights incident and I am BLOWN OFF and he tells me there are more important things going on. Later into my shift an hour before I get off I am called to the back to have a conference call with an Asset Protection Manager and the store manager and the APM immediately starts beggaring me basically accusing me of relevance to the two customers last night threatening me with the police department. what really bad thing he said to me was " you are a seasonal employee, you can be used at disposal" what does that mean !?!?
    So another employee allowed $700 dollars in merchandise from electronics be wheeled out the front door and she actually de coded the merchandise and bagged it. She walked away from her register to where those two customers had an opportunity to either hit TOTAL and clear out the transaction to have proof of receipt or either cashed out and robbed the whole register cause of her mistake. YOU THINK SHE GOT BADGERED AND INTERROGATED LIKE I DID HECK NO! The next morning they used her incident as an example. My mistake wasn't good enough to be recognized cause I am seasonal huh? I just hope someone out there can help me with this situation cause this isn't right at all.

STARemployee 12/11/11 10:34PM

• I just got a holiday job with this company and they treat their employees like trash!!! no one smiles and they work their employees hard...I will never go back to them for a holiday job. People should boycott this place. Your not getting good customer service because they treat their employees like dogs.It's sad but true.

Josie 11/30/11 10:03AM

• I currently work at a toys r us and just like the other two comments from employees or former employees I too do not like to work at toys r us.
    They don't care about the customers and they pay too much attention to the rewards, instant credit cards and donations to whomever they are supporting at the time of holidays, not too mention that they also want you to sell the batteries that they offer to customers in the store.
    I had just 12 hours or less of orientation.
    They don't care if you get a lunch break in your 8 hours of working and trying to help customers.
    I was never told that after your shift is over @ 10-10:30pm that I would have to stay for another hour or more to "straighten" the shelves. If those shelves are not straightened to their liking they make you do someone else's job and straighten them till the WHOLE store is to their approval then everyone can go home at the same time!
    This is a problem for me, I have kids at home, I have to be some place early in the mornings,I also have problems with my foot.

I worked the other night and was "on the floor" straightening all night and on top of all of that I was trying to help all the customers that needed assistance.
    The "manager" that was in the customer service counter was making all the employees do her work, answering phones and finding merchandise that she was supposed to be doing instead of leaving and going to do "paper work".

I have never been oriented on the phones in customer service had 6 hours on the cash register my first day and 6 hours a week afterwards then from their I was left by myself!
    They use walkie talkies to communicate and you hear them all over the store while youre on the floor assisting customers.
    every time someone wants a bike, bed, easel, kids kitchen, basically anything big that will not fit into the cart you have to ask someone over the walkie talkie to see if we have one. this makes things crazy while trying to assist, check out customers.
    they stress that they dont want to hear the walkie talkies while trying to get assistance from an employee.
    not to mention that when you are in orientation your 2 short days, you are not taught to do these ticketed items and calling them over the walkie talkies.

They will not hold an item for any customer
    that calls in for the merchandise or if they order it online (when a customer orders an item online, the website tells the customer when to pick the item up at the store and the location of the store, our store seems to not like to grant any customer the items they ask for.

Ex: The monster high sale is SUPPOSED to have a free trunk with the purchases-
    not our store-we're still out!

Toys that are on the shelves not all have places to put them nor do they have price tags.
    The managers yell at the cashiers for this when this isnt out job.

I'm currently still looking for a job cause i do not like being used to just sell credit cards, rewards cards and batteries & not helping out the important part of our store and that is the customers needs that really matter, not how much plastic cards you can get them to sign up for.

anonymous 11/17/11 7:28PM

• I'm a former employee ,and I have to say worst place to work .They didn't even train me ,and also they are trying to get costumer's to sign up for buyer's protection,instant credit,and rewards card .I couldn't believe that the store manager was more interested in selling instant credits than training employees or focusing on costumer service.I decided to go back for a second 4 hr shift ,and they gave me half of the store to clean .It was very busy ,and I couldn't even answer questions for costumers.I was trying to help a pregnant mother at the baby registry ,who waited more than an 45 mins on someone .I stopped every employee I saw ,and they all said you can't do it.I never walked out of a job but after being in that store for an 1hr 30 mins I walked out .I know I need a job ,but that place was horrible.They even hand out a goal that you must meet everyday of selling instant credits,rewards cards,and buyer protection. The only goal should be costumer service ,without them there is no Toys R Us.

bb 10/20/11 11:11AM

• To all the fine folks that are were or have been pissed off by shoty customer service or poor store policies. Get over yourselves ! lets face the truth. the only reason you shop here is the fact that the price is better. I for one understand being disappointed, but with most if the posts on here you people should know better it is not the stores responsibility to wharehouse what you buy. they only have so many and someone will purchase it. as for the internet price difference. why would you shop online and expect a brick and mortor store to honor that price. STUPID... I believe in saving money. this is just another pathetic example of what we have become.

cj 12/30/10 5:53PM

Check out these popular comparisons of Toys R Us customer service versus other companies:
Toys R Us vs. Amazon.com
Toys R Us vs. GameStop
Toys R Us vs. Target
Toys R Us vs. Walmart
Authorized representatives of Toys R Us can sign up to reply to any of the comments found on this page.

800-869-7787
Toys R Us customer service phone number including steps to reach representatives, hours of operation, customer support links and more from ContactHelp.com.

Complete Toys R Us customer service phone numbers and contact information at ContactHelp.com

Locate the Toys R Us corporate office headquarters phone number, address and more at CorporateOfficeOwl.com.

Toys R Us corporate office headquarters information at CorproateOfficeOwl.com

Hours of Operation
Find Toys R Us hours of operation for locations near you!. You can also find Toys R Us location phone numbers, driving directions and maps.

Toys R Us hours of operation at HoursOfOperation.biz

Returns & Refunds
Review the Toys R Us return and refund policy at ReturnsAndRefunds.com.

Toys R Us returns, refund and exchange policy at ReturnsAndRefunds.com

Get immediate support for your Toys R Us questions from HelpOwl.com.

Receive immediate support for Toys R Us at HelpOwl.com

View thousands of Toys R Us user reviews and customer ratings available at ReviewOwl.com.

Toys R Us reviews and ratings at ReviewOwl.com

Family Tablet Deals at Toys R Us - Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Discounted, But ...
Mayday, for those who aren't aware yet, allows users to get a customer service representative on video chat within a few seconds' time, allowing for the closest thing to instant customer assistance for questions and issues. The good news is that both 7 ...
Toys"R"Us, U.S. Unveils Fresh look for Toysrus.com and babiesrus.com ...
customer service is the ultimate priority on the company's e-commerce sites, and it's now faster to connect directly with an "R"Us representative while shopping online. The site recently launched live chat capabilities to further assist customers with ...
FP International helps Toys R Us deliver toys across Europe
Every Toys'R'Us employee does his part to provide the best possible service in price, product range, customer service and friendliness. This is why we work with strong partners who are on the same page and for whom a happy customer is the ultimate ...