US Bank Customer Service

US Bank customer service is ranked #558 out of the 724 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 26.08 out of a possible 200 based upon 119 ratings. This score rates US Bank customer service and customer support as Terrible.

Terrible Overall Customer Service Rating
  • Viewing US Bank customer service complaints
  • US Bank received a court ordered garnishment from the Utah State Tax Commission on Jan. 3 2014. Three months later, on July 3, 2014 I received notice in a letter and immediately contacted the USTC and resolved the matter.
    Instead of waiting 20 days as instructed in bold print in the court document, US Bank mailed out a check on 3 days later. I have received two conflicting stories on where the check was mailed by US Bank's Garnishment department form Debbie and Mary. Meanwhile my business has been been suffering the financial burden of losing over $16,000 due to US Bank not following court ordered instructions.

alpinerider 7/10/14 1:03PM
  • To say their customer service is abysmal would be overpraising. They claim that they mailed my new card, to replace one that will expire within days, but it's never turned up, thereby placing my personal information at risk. Their reps are uninformed and/or bored-sounding. My request to speak with a manager couldn't be accommodated, as "none is available." The corporate-office rep who is the only one dealing with credit-card issues fails to return a message; instead she has a voicemail saying she'll "get back to you at my convenience." I think that about sums up the US Bank philosophy toward customers: at THEIR convenience, not yours.

Allison 6/23/14 12:04PM
  • On July 19, 2012, my wife and I contracted Jeremy Morgado of Morgado Construction & Interior Design (MCID) to build our $472K custom home . Construction began late October 2012. To date, the home is not complete and we have spent countless hours along with thousands of dollars attempting to mitigate the destruction caused by MCID.

MCID breached the construction contract in multiple ways. My wife and I were supposed to be involved in all decision regarding scope of work and materials used in construction �¢ï¿½ï¿½ however, Morgado made �¢ï¿½ï¿½executive decisions�¢ï¿½ï¿½ on a number of occasions and changed the framing method and sheer wall siding without our knowledge or approval. Any agreed upon changes were to be accompanied by a change order with detailed drawings/plans. Additionally, MCID was administratively dissolved by the Secretary of State July 10, 2013. Morgado�¢ï¿½ï¿½s contractor�¢ï¿½ï¿½s license expired July 6, 2013 �¢ï¿½ï¿½ though he continued working on the home for 49 days, before being fired September 24, 2013. In addition, Jeremy Morgado skipped town with $14,541.93 in loan disbursement funds. Morgado is also believed to have absconded with a considerable amount of construction materials, including cultured stone, cedar shake and finish molding. Since then, he has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection against 55 creditors.

On June 10, 2013, my wife and I were served with �¢ï¿½ï¿½Intent to Lien�¢ï¿½ï¿½ documents from Early Bird Supply, Clarkston, WA. According to the documents, Early Bird Supply claimed to have delivered building materials to MCID totaling $26,873.76 and had received only $8,315.90 in payment from Morgado. My wife and I immediately contacted Jeremy Morgado and voiced our concerns �¢ï¿½ï¿½ he said he had scheduled a meeting with Early Bird Supply management to discuss the issue would be resolved. To date the issue is not resolved. It is interesting to note that in the Draw Request dated February 10, 2013, Jeremy Morgado requested a disbursement of funds in the amount of $134,036.53. Among other listed Payees, Morgado requested disbursement of funds in the amount of $36,746.53 to Payee Early Bird Supply. Subsequently, on February 19, 2013, US Bank sent via wire transfer a disbursement of $123,022.65 directly to Morgado's US Bank account.

Shortly thereafter, my wife and I contacted US Bank to ask about the logistics involved with firing MCID. We were told that we should mitigate the situation if possible, as firing MCID would be a very involved process and could severely delay construction progress. Moreover, we would have to complete the arduous task of hiring a new contractor, sign a new contract, etc. Unfortunately, we took their advice and allowed Morgado to continue as the General Contractor of the project.

By mid-July 2013, Jeremy Morgado had only one employee �¢ï¿½ï¿½ his father, Don Morgado �¢ï¿½ï¿½ and the project was falling further behind schedule. On July 22, 2013, MCID hired me to paint the interior and exterior of the house. Working evenings and weekends, I completed the exterior painting August 25, 2013. I emailed Jeremy my timecard and told him I would begin painting the interior. Jeremy assured me I would be paid with funds from the next loan disbursement. Please note, in a draw request dated August 29, 2013, Jeremy Morgado requested a disbursement of funds for $74,286.66. Morgado requested disbursement of funds totaling $14,541.93 to Payee Chuck Sauve and Payee The Computer Guy, as well as an additional $4,000.00 to Morgado Construction for painting. Subsequently, on September 12, 2013, US Bank sent via wire transfer a disbursement of $59,713.97 to his US Bank account. To date, my wife and I have not received the $14,541.93 disbursement, or the money for painting. On February 6, 2014, a default judgment was awarded to me in the amount of $4,770.56, against MCID for the painting of the home.

By late September, the project was 6 months behind the estimated time of completion. On September 24, 2013, my wife and I met with Jeremy Morgado to discuss our displeasure with the lack of progress and substandard workmanship, a realistic time of completion, reimbursement for items we purchased for use on the project, and payment for painting. Jeremy arrived onsite without his employee. His demeanor was rude, abrasive and condescending. When confronted about the lack of progress and substandard workmanship, he got loud and aggressively slammed his hands on the island counter and insisted he was doing the best he could (not the first time had displayed this demeanor). At that point I felt my wife had had no alternative than terminate his employment as General Contractor. Ironically, that same day, my wife and I were served with legal documents from Early Bird Supply, Clarkston, WA. Early Bird Supply had filed suit against Jeremy Morgado, MCID and my wife and I for MCID�¢ï¿½ï¿½s failure to pay approximately $18K worth of building materials.

On September 25, 2013, my wife and I received lien documents from MCID claiming, among other items, non-payment of interior handrails he neither possessed, nor installed. To date, he has not pursued action on that fraudulent lien.

On October 31, 2013, I filed a complaint with Detective Brian Erickson of the Lewiston Police Department (LPD) (case #: 13-L16610) against MCID for theft of disbursement money. On November 18, 2013, I filed an amended complaint with LPD to include theft of building materials by Morgado to include: cultured stone, cedar shake and finish molding.

On January 15, 2013, Detective Erickson and Sergeant George Hill of LPD responded to 3536 8th C, Lewiston, ID (Morgado�¢ï¿½ï¿½s former residence) to inspect the outside for the materials listed in my complaint. Morgado had rented the 8th Street C residence to two (2) renters and fled with his family to Kuna, ID in early October. Upon inspection, cultured stone was found on the front of the building. The detective and sergeant questioned the renters. According to the police report, one of the tenants found it strange that the �¢ï¿½ï¿½Morgado and his family had moved out so quickly and were acting very strange.�¢ï¿½ï¿½ Also, Morgado had failed to pay the water bill resulting in the water being shut off for some time.

On January 21, 2014, Morgado was questioned by LPD. According to the police report, Morgado �¢ï¿½ï¿½decided to walk away�¢ï¿½ï¿½ from the project due to �¢ï¿½ï¿½ridicule, behavior and demands of Sauve�¢ï¿½ï¿½ and said he could not �¢ï¿½ï¿½function in that type of work environment.�¢ï¿½ï¿½ Morgado stated that �¢ï¿½ï¿½all of the bills on the home were paid�¢ï¿½ï¿½ but then contradicted himself, saying there was an overage with Early Bird Supply and he was currently in litigation with them. In addition, Morgado stated any materials left over from a project are �¢ï¿½ï¿½the contractor�¢ï¿½ï¿½s material to do what they wanted to with�¢ï¿½ï¿½ and when questioned about the cultured stone, he stated �¢ï¿½ï¿½What I have on my home, um, is my business, honestly.�¢ï¿½ï¿½ In the report, Morgado said the home was 95% complete and the only things left were some �¢ï¿½ï¿½interior handrails, some gravel on the driveway and to pour some cement for a back patio.�¢ï¿½ï¿½ It is curious that Morgado mentioned the handrails needed to be installed, as the lien he filed the day after my wife and I fired him included the handrails and installation charges. He said there was �¢ï¿½ï¿½more than enough money left in the construction loan to reimburse Sauve for his purchases and pay for the work that needed to be done.�¢ï¿½ï¿½ Interestingly, his last statement seems to infer that my wife and I would need to use a future loan disbursement only to end up paying for the same items twice. To be clear; the disbursement money wired to Morgado�¢ï¿½ï¿½s account on September 12, 2013 allocated $14,451.93 for reimbursement of items my wife and I purchased. Morgado admittedly kept the money and then suggested that there is more than enough money left in the loan for us to make an additional draw request to replace the money he took from us.

On March 3, 2014, Brian McDermott Construction submitted a comprehensive report and price estimate for $97,135 for repair and/or replacement of the inferior work completed by MCID and completion of the home. This estimate did not include the driveway and front patio.

On March 5, 2014, my wife and I received notification from the United States Bankruptcy Court, District of Idaho, notifying us of Jeremy Morgado & MCID�¢ï¿½ï¿½s February 27, 2014, filing of Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection. The List of Creditors includes my wife and I, Early Bird Supply and many subcontractors who rendered services in our construction project.

If successful, Jeremy Morgado stands to get away with stealing disbursement money of $14,541.93; avoid paying the default judgment of $5,634.18; and avoid responsibility for his substandard workmanship that will add at least $50,000 to the cost of constructing our home.

Should you require any additional information, please feel free to contact us at any time.

Sincerely,

Charles & Sara Sauve

US Bank Hater 4/9/14 1:28PM
  • Trying to get through to the home mortgage department and I keep getting a message last night and this morning that just says they are experiencing high call volume and are unable to help me at this time and then it hangs up on me, this after 4 minutes of navigating menus.

Unhappy 4/1/14 7:20AM
  • Thank you so much for deciding my debit card was "At Risk" and making it inactive. I was stranded at the gas station with over 80.00 worth of gas that I could not pay for and the police were called. That was lovely. I hope that by cancelling my debit card and many others you have protected your bottom line. I worry so that you are not making enough money off of the public. This is not about customer service, and is one of the worst inconveniences that you could cause someone.

Yellowhorse 3/19/14 8:56AM
  • So we finally moved our mortgage from SunTrust to US Bank in December 2012. They did not pay the homeowner's insurance in January, 2013. OK - I chalked that one up to the account being established the month before. Well, 2014 rolls around and they again did not pay homeowner's insurance. Finally reached someone and thought all as good as I confirmed with bank and insurance company payment was sent & received. Well I got check from insurance company yesterday for over payment. Been on phone and e-mail for last 3 hours on eternal hold or I get a recording that says they are too busy to help or I get a reply back to call 800 number. You would think a bank or any company this size would/should have some confident customer service people to answer the phone. I wish I had a choice to move my mortgage!!! Will definitely be moving my checking, savings & IRAs!!

Anonymous 2/19/14 1:13PM
  • I have been on the phone for over 2 hours trying to find someone to help me. I am put on hold only to recieve another phine number. I got 5 numbers in all and no one that has not disconnected me can help me.

anonymous 2/12/14 9:59AM
  • I have worked in the automotive business for almost 23 years and have NEVER experienced such incompetence. We made a payoff for a customer in November with certified funds which the bank loss. In order to "stop payment" US Bank was asked to sign a statement saying they never received the funds and refused. Long story short we sent an additional bank check and more than a week later, the bank has still not released the lein, despite NUMEROUS requests and more than four months of battling with the bank. The competence spreads throughout the bank all the way up to management.

CKAuto 2/6/14 7:54AM
  • US Bank SUCKS!!!!!!
    Don't do business with them they think they are gods and the public is dirt.
    This is after 40 years of banking with them.

DON'T Trust US Bank!!!!!

Mike lehne 1/27/14 3:43PM
  • Today I spent 2 hours at a car dealership, before I found out that US lease dept was closed. The customer service person transferred the dealership to lease dept, only to find out they were closed. When I personally talked with customer service to try and get pay off numbers on my loan, they said that only lease dept was able to give out info. I asked for supervisor,I was told they were not available and they would call me back. That was 3 hours ago.I was not able to purchase a new vehicle. I wasted 3 hours out of my day.I will never use your bank for any services, nor would I recommend you.

jmsales777 1/26/14 1:38PM
  • I have spent over 2 hours trying to use your web site to pay my credit card bill today and everything I tried only put me into paperless billing, which I will not do!!!
    I also tried to find a phone number to call and all I get is B.S. about refiance.
    I'm very disappointed with your bank and glad I don't have any other accounts w/your bank.

Anonymous 1/24/14 3:35PM
  • I got 3 calls today from someone pretending to be from US Bank about a loan. I do not have an account at US Bank & have never applied for a loan there.
    I have been trying to find the fraud division to report the calls but am unable to find anything of any help.

So much for all the help.

Anonymous 1/21/14 3:07PM
  • My father leased a car and 3 days after signing lease fell very ill. As I was trying to handle all his finances during this time, I called them to get information on where to mail the payments and they told me the only way they'd talk to me about his account was if I could take a phone to him in the hospital and he could verify who they were speaking with....he was on a ventilator!!! I told them that! .... MULTIPLE TIMES!!!! And every address they gave me to send his payment was returned as "undeliverable".

Anonymous 12/12/13 5:25AM
  • I have my mortgage with US bank. They SUCK!!!! We wanted to refi our loan but US bank said they wouldn't do it because the house wasn't worth what was owed on it. So we found another company to do it and US bank wouldn't give up the loan. They then started making promises that were never kept. I have heard the same stories from others. DON'T trust them. They are very sneaky and underhanded.

anonymous 12/10/13 5:23PM
  • bunch of crooks, gave me the wrong payoff on a contract, which I paid on time, then placed the balnce which they siad ai did not oew with a collection agency.

Anonymous 11/15/13 7:06AM
  • I have an Easy Checking account with US Bank. They never notified me in advance that I would have a monthly maintenance fee. I did not find out about it until I received my August statement. They have not responded to my complaint to the Better Business Bureau about this.

Anonymous 9/11/13 6:58AM
  • I was traveling through Idaho and had very little cash on me was using my debit card for everything.I stopped in JEROME Idaho to see what my balance was and the atm machine took my card,I went right into the bank and the girl told me they would have the card the next morning and she would call me when she got it,well she never called so I went into the bank and was informed it had been destroyed.I was making a scene and the mananger was called.HE said o I am so sorry you must have put in the wrong pin.I was sooo pissed I said a few choice words to him.he said they destroy all cards that are not us bank cards.go figure that one.They are suppose to be a nation wide bank so those travelers can gave access to atms.I was from north dakota and had to find a way to get funds to me.NEVER NEVER NEVER USE US BANK ATMS.Lula Wisk of north dakota

Lula Wisk 8/22/13 5:11PM
  • My brother died in Dec 2012, he had a home loan with US bank, a payment was made in Dec. Jan payment was late due to probate, by Feb they were processing foreclosure, they would not give any information on payments owed neither would they except payment. After consulting an attorney we wired total loan amount pay off, which they stated was $2000. over actual pay off, we sent it anyway. They added the additional $200 to interest payments. They have yet to return the additional illegal charges. Looking for a good attorney right now.
    Very bad bank, hope they will be charged soon.

Marlene16 8/19/13 9:14AM
  • I just spent 20 minuets standing in line waiting on an opening at one of two tellers. The two people holding up the line (9) people were apparently refinancing their home at the teller window or something as lengthy. You people need to have more cashiers or an "express" line as my transaction took less than one minute to complete but I had to wait more than 20 minuets. If this becomes the "norm", I will take by business account else ware

Jerry Carson, PWC Technologies,Inc. .

Anonymous 7/5/13 1:37PM
  • U S Bank is claiming I made no payments over the past three years! Actually, their current balance due is higher than my balance due on the April 2010 statement! They have stated they have no proof or documentation of any payments by me since inception of the loan. My comment was -- if they can't prove I had a loan, the loan doesn't exist. I can prove I have made all payments. Each was taken electronically from my checking account and turned into an ACH check. Thieves!! Deceivers!!

p51575j 6/19/13 10:14AM
  • I agree with all. This is the worst and deserve to be closed down. Mr. Davis and his mansion and $20Million salary should be homeless and looking for a job at McDonalds. They have refused my payments I guess so they can foreclose. They falsified my information for the loan. The broker is even in jail (Brian Jaimes) for doing such. They cannot be reached by phone and they have even blocked my emails at their server. RUN, RUN, RUN. Let's get together and shut them down.

Anonymous 6/17/13 12:44PM
  • This is a very bad bank. Take your business some where else. All of the departments need a class in customer services. You will regret dealing with them I can promise you.

Anonymous 5/18/13 2:40PM
  • I am currently trying to obtain a house loan for a purchase that the Seller has accepted. My loan company called me and said that for some odd reason US Bank had indicated a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy that isn't mine. I've called US Bank and also continually receive information that the customer service representative is currently away from their phone but will promptly return my call. Well it s been 3 days and still no calls from either representative. If I loose this home because of US Bank's inabilty to correct a wrong I will sue!! I've waited 6 months for this home to come back on the market. I've submitted an offer and now this BS. Its just wrong.

Anonymous 5/1/13 3:56PM
  • The absolute worst customer service I have ever had from any bank. I was transferred to six different people all around the country and no one could help me with a simple question about online access. I was finally transferred to an agent that told me my problem was not his concern and transferred me again to customer service. After surviving another telephone tree, a recording told me they were too busy to answer my call at that time and to call back later. STAY AWAY FROM US BANK!!!!

Too Small To Succeed 4/8/13 1:17PM
  • I have a Home Mortgage with US Bank since Dec 2012 and already want to take my business elsewhere. I called the Toronto, Ohio office and spoke with Natalie about getting a credit card on a Tue. She took all my info and said she would call me back. I called several, several times and I keep getting "she is with a customer", "she is on the other line" I have left my name and number at least 10 times and NO RETURN CALL................I recommend NOT going to US Bank for anything. Customer Service there is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous 4/8/13 10:36AM
  • My son and I had the best customer service possible from Michael Hantid-Margetta last month at your 42nd Ave branch in Portland Oregon. Michael stood tall just minutes before business hours where almost over. It is because of Michael My son and I will continue to support US bank in our Neighborhood.
    Thank you Michael for you extremely excellent customer service. I hope you get a promotion soon.

Regards. Thomas & Solomon

Anonymous 8/7/13 4:19PM
  • I have never had a bad experience with US Bank. I have had a mortgage with them for over two years, and my questions are always answered quickly. I was late on one payment, and when I called to explain my oversight, the late fee was waived. I am sure that would not be the case if I were habitualy late, but who in their right mind could expect that.

I have accounts at two national banks and one state bank. My experience with all have been about the same. I see alot of complaints here from people who signed contracts (either mortgage or auto loan), failed to honor their commitiment, and are now crying bad faith because the lender is seeking to be made whole.

Anonymous 7/5/12 10:04PM
  • I've banked with them since PNC showed me just how awful customer service can be, and it's been a drastic improvement.

Anonymous 5/14/12 4:07PM
  • i have just returned from a branch of USbank,money had been removed from my account without permission, the young lady a miss Sarah Halsband of the North Oracle LM-AZ5139 branch dealt with the problem extremely efficiently and professionally,although being agitated and annoyed by this event miss Halsband put me at ease as she navigated her way around this problem with expertise and left me with no questions to ask as she had covered every detail.I was very impressed and rarely write a letter such as this. thank you, i hope you pass this to the branch concerned, a VERY satisfied customer.
    Yours Faithfully
    Mr Roger Peplow

Anonymous 5/6/11 3:24PM
  • Our home mortgage is with US Bank. They convinced me to go to paperless statements and on-line payments (Go Green - it's the right thing to do!) but now I find that they added $8.50 in fees for one monthly on-line payment! I'm trying to switch back but can't figure out how to do it on their website, which isn't exactly user friendly. If I could choose, I certainly wouldn't choose US Bank! And they have no live customer service people available by phone on the weekend.

linuskatz 4/3/11 1:39PM
  • I have just switched all my banking business from a very bad experience with Wells Fargo to US Bank. I have been extremely pleased with the response and professional manner that I have been treated at US Bank. It is what banking SHOULD BE! It is like a step back in time where people cared about your business! I can't say enough good about them. I could state several issues that have arisen that have been handled quickly & knowledgeably. Way to go US Bank ... keep it up!

PhoenixBusinessMan 1/22/11 11:35AM
  • I have been doing my business banking w/ US Bank for 12 yrs. The messed up and didn't offer to refi my building in a timely manner. Ended up w/ PNC and they are a horrible. Since their mess up US Bank has been treating my quite well, in an attempt to keep the rest of my business. Well, they have got it due to PNC being pitifull. I quess it is all relative.

Yankee 8/2/10 9:15AM
  • I was once an employee of the bank but was terminated for violating a policy I didn't even know existed. The day after I was let go I had a mystery fee show up in my account and then when I called the bank all I got was attitude and, "we only refund fees when caused by bank error and this clearly isn't". Well, actually it was bank error-I worked there and the fee structure is so confusing that I didn't even understand it and I looked everywhere to find where it said that I would recieve this fee in my secondary account that was suppose to be free. Apparently my business is not worth the $10 that I asked them to refund, I will close my account out which will cost me $25.00-which is total garbage. Go easy on the customer service people-they are directed to be awful.

disgusted 4/25/12 2:46PM

Check out these popular comparisons of US Bank customer service versus other companies:
US Bank vs. Ally Bank
US Bank vs. Union Bank
US Bank vs. USAA
US Bank vs. Washington Mutual
US Bank vs. Wells Fargo
Authorized representatives of US Bank can sign up to reply to any of the comments found on this page.

800-872-2657
US Bank customer service phone number including steps to reach representatives, hours of operation, customer support links and more from ContactHelp.com.

Complete US Bank customer service phone numbers and contact information at ContactHelp.com

Locate the US Bank corporate office headquarters phone number, address and more at CorporateOfficeOwl.com.

US Bank corporate office headquarters information at CorproateOfficeOwl.com

Hours of Operation
Find US Bank hours of operation for locations near you!. You can also find US Bank location phone numbers, driving directions and maps.

US Bank hours of operation at HoursOfOperation.biz

Get immediate support for your US Bank questions from HelpOwl.com.

Receive immediate support for US Bank at HelpOwl.com

View thousands of US Bank user reviews and customer ratings available at ReviewOwl.com.

US Bank reviews and ratings at ReviewOwl.com

US Bank e-payment kiosk lets businesses collect funds on the spot
"In our current, fast-paced environment, time is everything and our partnership with U.S. Bank has positively affected customer wait times associated with bill payments," said Darryl Latimer, chief customer service officer and deputy director of DWSD ...
Cash advance at us bank atm
View all Sterns Lending cashes advance at us bank atm in Torrance, priced and included in the cash advance at us bank atm summary, and analytical skills were formed after a successful decade spent in in the Corporate Sector as customer service Poject ...
US bank law raises privacy fears
The bank said that under FATCA regulations it is not required to notify customers of any change but had done so as a matter of customer service. The New Zealand Bankers' Association estimates 1.5 percent of customers will be affected. It said banks ...