Walmart Customer Service

Walmart customer service is ranked #286 out of the 724 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 38.70 out of a possible 200 based upon 1515 ratings. This score rates Walmart customer service and customer support as Disappointing.

1,356 Negative Comments out of 1,515 Total Comments is 89.50%.

159 Positive Comments out of 1,515 Total Comments is 10.50%.

• Viewing Walmart customer service complaints
    1 - 25 out of 1,356
  • Been a customer with Walmart for many years. Just wanted to comment on a trip I had to two of your stores. First one is on Aloma Ave in Oviedo and the next is your Neighborhood Walmart on 434. This is in reference to your "price match" guarantee. Both stores refused ro match the lowest price on sales at cvs and walgreens. Not only would they not price match, they were extremely rude about it. Both your sales associates and management. Needless to say, I WILL NOT be shopping at any Walmart ever again. You need to better train staff to understand your own policies and stop hiring extremely rude staff! TAKING MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE!

Deenice 7/29/14 11:22AM
  • I made a return online today at the store in Gainesville, GA that I bought online. Just read another post that they didn't refund tax back to them. That seems a little like fraud? Seriously? We paid tax when we bought the item, so what's the deal?
    I didn't realize this until after I left. Now I read online this is standard. Wow!
    Then to make matters worse the guy working returns was a total smartass. I said ok, like 2-3 times, then he said I didn't have to say ok, and now I had him saying it. Oh, and the amount refunded was $19.98, read online that under $25 and they can give you cash back. I paid originally with a gift card, he said I couldn't get cash that I had to have the $19.98 put on a giftcard. Then when I was leaving I said thank you...being polite then he had to be rude and said OK. I wished I would have said thank you...then smartass under my breath. How rude...unbelieveable and to make matters worse Walmart's policy sucks about not returning the tax to boot!
    Now I know why I am loyal to Target 9 times out of 10 and pick them over Walmart. I have never been treated RUDE by any Target workers.

lakegal27 7/26/14 10:29PM
  • I love Walmart. I spend probably $10-12000 annually
    there, and do so because of the value. I anticipate
    continuing to do so, because value is paramount to me
    as I am not wealthy. I need only minimal service.
    I am writing, because I am worried about your company,
    and my potential loss of an economical source of supplies.
    It is so obvious what is happening. The company has
    been cutting expenses to the extreme. I understand the
    rationale, however you are destroying your "brand".
    The stores I have recently visited are dirtier, parking lots
    are in disarray(trash and malfunctioning carts abound.
    I recently visited your store on Hillsboro Blvd. in
    Coconut Creek. Fla., and spent twenty minutes searching
    for short plastic sip sticks/stirrers for coffee/ cocktails, and
    no one could find them. I was directed from grocery to
    housewares, and back again. Finally, the employee "gave
    up", and I was unable to purchase them.(I had bought this
    product at Walmart for years.
    I am writing this as a positive criticism. Hopefully, Walmart
    will open another cash register, scale back those disasterous automatic checkouts, and upgrade the
    calibre of some in customer service.
    On a positive note your pharmacy seems to be functioning at as high a level as ever, and the service
    personnel are of a high calibre.
    I hope that Walmart survives; I need it, but it will not
    if it continues in this direction. Sam Walton never would
    have accepted this.
    Bill Phifer Deerfield Beach, Fl
    PS One last thought; the store in Pompano at the
    intersection of Atlantic Blvd. and Powerline is
    dangerous. I will not stop there after dark. At a
    minimum, better parking lot lighting/ security is
    needed there. I hope Walmart changes it's direction

Anonymous 7/26/14 12:30PM
  • Just bought a phone that is defective. You cannon hear the person you are talking to nor recieve text messages at all. Phone randomly turns off. I have recipt box andall accessories and am within return policy with no scratches or damage and they refuse to exchange for one that works or repair it. The manager told me to come back twice and didnt want to talk to me they told me to wait for the phone person but i dont need a hardware swap i have my account pin and i know how to do that they just dont want to deal with it because they already have my money. Bestbuy would exchange this in a heartbeat should have gone there.

geofffff 7/24/14 3:38PM
  • SENIORS beware!!!! If you do not have cash to throw away do not buy a phone or any electronic from Walmart....go to a reputable store and pay more and in the long run you will save money. Spending money and it is only good for 15 days is absurd. Also they should be required to verbally make you aware of their policy before you buy. I just threw out the window $100. for phone and they would not take it back or repair it. Where is AARP protecting seniors against this type of rip offs?

seniorgirl 7/24/14 12:58PM
  • Walmart management changes the return policy according to theanagwment of that day. Now they say no receipt no return. Before it was 3 no receipt returns in a year. But you go to another location and they give you no problem. What's up with this crap. I've been a loyal Walmart customer for many years and this is the way they thank us . I might just switch to target they a a little higher in price but they are consistent and they don't have 30 registers and two are only open.

Mad customer 7/24/14 10:02AM
  • I've never had a return problem with Walmart until I returned a item I bought on line. They won't give me the sales tax backd I have the online receipt that shows I paid sales tax. The woman at customer service said they no longer give sale tax back on online returns. This happened at Walmart in Gulf Breeze Florida today and someone had the problem last week too. Waiting to see how they handle the problem after I called and complained.

Anonymous 7/23/14 10:05AM
  • I ordered a bed and mattress for my son, the mattress showed up just fine. The bed on the other hand did not, the day it was supposed to arrive I received an email saying that it was not going to be there for another 10 days. NOT HAPPY!!!! I tried to call the store and just kept getting passed around and I just kept being told they could not find anybody in site to store. So I called walmart.com and waited and waited and waited, so I said forget it and sent an email trying to get answers as to why the shipment was running so late and basically received a response of sorry about your luck it will be there in ten days. Then I get an email saying that the bed is ready to be picked up ten days later, so I go rent a truck to pick it up and when I get there they bring out a futon that is nowhere near what I ordered. The people in the store were great and refunded my money and tried to call in for me but were just put on hold. So I went home and called and waited it out to speak to somebody about the bed, I reordered the bed but walmart.com wouldn't even take care of the shipping after everything I went through. I WILL NEVER SHOP AT WALMART.COM AGAIN. WHOEVER IS RUNNING THAT PORTION OF THE COMPANY IS A JOKE!

Anonymous 7/22/14 10:57AM
  • I've shopped Walmart for years and have never had a problem returning merchandise. Ever. I've encountered rude and incompetent sales associates and managers but if you ask for the store manager, usually he'll take care of things. Remember to call Corporate office not customer service to get things handled! They'll take action against the store who will follow through and ya may even get a little more than ya thought for your troubles! Happy Returning!

Sharkgurl 7/20/14 6:30AM
  • Walmart cannot afford to hire managers.....I know this because I have benn back consistantly for 2 weeks trying to return a phone.....and the only person available is a person that pretends to page a manager to no avail. When I ask they say he just left, doesn't matter the time of day!
    The consumerist will work on it. I hope others learn not to buy electronics there!

checkedout 7/20/14 1:56AM
  • I was in Walmart on Rose Avenue, Oxnard, CA yesterday and the staff is very friendly and helpful. To my surprise the WIS Inventory personnel contrary to friendly. There were two individuals that were very rude to Walmart personnel. This was not done to me personally but there is no reason to belittle someone who is trying hard to keep their job. I suggest that the WIS Company train their employees a little better on communication skills and kindness. If they don't like their jobs go else where.

Rodney 7/19/14 5:28PM
  • As a person on limited income I will no longer shop at walmart because they will go to all limits to refuse to honor their products. A phone that only works for 3 weeks is just toooo bad because you only have 15 days to return it. I feel they should inform each person of this policy when they purchase it not pointing to the policy at the service desk when you try to return it. NO WONDER their profits go down every year! I will pay a little more for service elsewhere from now on.

Anonymous 7/18/14 11:05AM
  • ordered phone online did not work well took back to store gave money back minus tax why?

Anonymous 7/16/14 11:36AM
  • I just got off the phone w/a "customer service" rep from walmart. I don't know if it's a listening problem or a training issue. I had to repeat myself several times. I finally just hung up - more frustrated then I've been in a long time. Not only did he not understand or try to resolve the problem - he kept asking me the same question over and over.

Anonymous 7/15/14 3:04PM
  • BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!If you plan on spending more than 10.00 on anything.....stay away from Walmart....it is all junk! Bought a T-mobile phone that worked for 3 weeks tried to return it after 20 days to no avail. Do not buy electronics or ect. at walmart unless you have money to throw away. There is never a manager around and I fully understand why they hide....because their company will not stand behind their products.

lessonlearned 7/13/14 2:59AM
  • Tried to return 2 items without receipt. Both items are clothing and "Faded Glory" tags and stickers are attached. Clothes were never worn. Store refused to take them back saying the register said "item not found". Tags have purchase price on them. The customer service people were belligerent and aggressive about their "no return" policy. Lack of training resulted poorly handled situation on Walmart's end. This is a case of discrimination anyway. I'm white and the store I tried to return the items to is 99% black. Both employees and customers. Never should have walked in the store.

Stuck in Ga 7/12/14 8:47PM
  • I have had it with the long checkout lines at WalMart. I can't believe that people actually put up with it. If more people would do what I did they would hire more employees. I went to the checkout line and there were ten people ahead of me, most with full carts. I then determined it was not worth it with Kroger right down the street. If they had to pay people to put my stuff and all the others stuff back it would behoove them to hire more people for checkout or at least put in automated cashier's. Someone said if things don't change, nothing changes. Start leaving your full carts in the middle of the aisles if they believe it is cheaper to put stuff away than to sell it let them have their way.

dls1235 7/12/14 7:56PM
  • Recently, I became interested in using your Straight Talk Plan with Iphone 3G, which I determined after a bit of research, was compatible with your program. I told a number of my friends about it and they were also interested. However, their attitude was let's see how it works for you. In many ways, I gave this phone plan a good deal of free publicity. I have been thinking about upgrading this phone, which has done well with AT&T who has a store conveniently located right across from the coffee shop I go to in my neighborhood as my second office. I am a college professor and have a host of applications for my smart phone, when teamed with my Ipad. Weeks ago, I rode my bicycle out to your store on Transit Road in Clarence, a very new super store, located in the wealthiest area of this region. A stone's throw away are neighborhoods of half million dollar houses and hockey players who make 2 and 3 million dollars per a season. When I got to the store, the employees were not sure about the proper sim for this phone, That was in spite of what I showed them copied from your add on line. Finally, they concluded they did not have it. The next closest store was about 5 miles away in Amherst, but the trip was an easy one down hill on Sheridan Drive all the way. However, before making that trip, I wanted to be sure they had the sim I needed. The worker called the electronics department of the Amherst Sheridan Drive store, but we gave up after 40 minutes on hold. I went home frustrated with 8 minutes from AT&T left on my phone for emergency. When I got home, I went on line and found the information about ordering the sim from you on line. I have sent a copy of the receipt I received from your people for payment and I want to know, where is the sim I payed for weeks ago. I need to be on line and this waiting game just makes me madder. I am a law professor and basically write for a living. Not trying to be threatening, but what would you expect if this letter I am writing you, ended up on one or several of the huge social networks like FaceBook, Twitter or Tumbler. Wow, I would not want to face the people who sign my paychecks with my name attached to this fiasco. Please find me a solution to my problem quickly, I just want to get my phone working again with a good program , which I felt you had.

William Yahwak

Note:I will send a copy of this letter with the receipt for the SIM card when I determine where to send it.

Anonymous 7/12/14 1:00PM
  • I would say that Walmart didn't help me at all at my wish to return a product. The product I wanted to return was a bike.

Tsvetan 7/11/14 11:40PM
  • Walmart cashiers need to smile and greet the customers and contact with the customer if they found everything to the customer at the checkout line store area's Pleasant Grove and Balchspring.

Anonymous 7/10/14 7:30PM
  • Hello, we ordered a patio furniture set on Friday the 4th of July. It is now saying we have one box shipped when there are to be two boxes shipped. Please let us know what is going on. Eddie Drake,

Anonymous 7/7/14 8:47PM
  • We are in a town of 80,000 people. The store we are currently visiting has 2 lanes open! That's ridiculous.

Anonymous 7/7/14 7:16PM
  • This is regarding the Order If you look into the item description it says ACCU-CHEK Compact Blood Glucose Test Strips, 51ct. When I went for store pick up, I found that item is not the same as item ordered. I mentioned the same to associate and he told me that he can't refund at the store pick-up and have to go to return counter to return the item. I immediately went to return customer care. Customer care told me that this item can not be refund as it is one of non-refundable items. I have been told to call walmart.com customer support. I called them and I have been told this should refund at the store itself as this was picked from the store. During this whole issues, I was just going from one counter to another counter within Walmart.

Store manager told me that he can't help me. He told me that I should refused to accept that the pick-up. Initially person at pick-up refused to return and asked me to go to return counter. I am feeling cheated big time in Walmart. It is a mistake within Walmart associates and I'm suffering. I am with the item, I did not even order. Frustrated. I simply followed the instruction given by Walmart customer representative.

Feeling cheating and just cant do against such a gaint organization

Anurag 7/7/14 2:36PM
  • This is regarding the Order from walmart.com . I ordered ACCU-CHEK Compact Blood Glucose Test Strips, 51ct. When I went for store pick up, I found that item is not the same as item ordered. I mentioned the same to associate and he told me that he cant refund at the store pick-up and have to go to return counter to return the item. I immediately went to return customer care. Customer care told me that this item can not be refund as it is one of non-refundable items. I have been told to call walmart.com customer support. I called them and I have been told this should refund at the store itself as this was picked from the store. During this whole issues, I was just going from one counter to another counter within Walmart.

Store manager told me that he can't help me. He told me that I should refused to accept that the pick-up. Initially person at pick-up refused to return and asked me to go to return counter. I am feeling cheated big time in Walmart. It is a mistake within Walmart associates and Im suffering. I am with the item, I did not even order. Frustrated. I simply followed the instruction given by Walmart customer representative.

I want to know how should this product be refunded which I did not even order. I want justice here and my money back.

Anurag 7/7/14 2:17PM
  • Walmart sealy tx sat and waited an hour for a tire to be changed because no one showed up to work that day never go back the auto techs were rude after being an hour late didn't even give me a deal after waiting an hour not nice

Anonymous 7/6/14 7:16AM
  • Viewing positive Walmart customer service ratings
  • I had a very nice experience at Walmart today in Harrisonburg, VA. Your employee, McKenna was on the ball, listened carefully to my needs and actually took me to the exact place that had my item. I had spent 15 minutes looking all over the store for a specific Alladin 32 oz. Tumbler, and after almost giving up, she came to my aide. She knew exactly where it was and the fact that it was in stock.
    Thank you for having such friendly helpful employees like her.

CHA2 7/26/14 1:11PM
  • The # worked for me & the wait time was less than 1 minute & the customer service was great.

Anonymous 4/27/14 3:52PM
  • I had a very good phone conversation with an employee named Andria today at the Lenlock or Anniston Walmart. She helped me with a Straight Talk problem. Although I'm extremely dissatisfied with Straight Talk and Walmart for owning them, I was very pleased with the employee who helped me to get in touch with Straight Talk. She was very professional and after putting us on 3-way, made sure I understood everything being said. She was with me all the way. Thank you Andria for your support

condabrooks 2/20/14 5:28PM
  • Our local Wal-Mart store treats me as if I were Family. Always a kind comment.

WTDH 1/31/14 3:54AM
  • Great advise i got thru after tryin for 4 hours to find contact info to cancel a credit card order made on-line.

celowbear 11/29/13 9:13AM
  • I just went to the walmart in Appleton Wi. I found out that with the new software used in the pharmacy that they no longer tell you how much your medicine costs on your reciept,just that it was paid for by insurance.aparently it is below their dignity to list the price. Bill

Billy 10/21/13 3:00PM
  • We recently shopped Wal-Mart in Chula Vista, California. Usually it is always a bad experience. We came upon a cashier named James who exemplified what great customer service is and should be. Not only did he take the time to actually talk to us, he was knowledgeable and very professional. After years of bad service it is finally good to have good service My receipt says store #2291 and his operator number is 6145. I hope that others take notice of how give great customer service from this young man.

tessabirch 10/20/13 1:05PM
  • There is a tecnician at Walmart pharmacy in Atascoceta that is always so kind and smiles everytime Im there to drop off or pick up my meds. She's tall, wears glasses, I think her name is trish. I just want to say please let this lady know that people having a bad day like I do sometimes appreciate her. Thanks

Anonymous 9/27/13 5:55PM
  • My wife and I shop at the Wal-Mart in Port St. Lucie West. Today we met an associate that exemplified excellent customer service for your company. His name is Eddie and he works in the Garden Center. This young man has a pleasant, courteous and knowledgeable demeanor and was everything that one would hope for from a customer service standpoint. Years ago I had the privilege of talking to Sam Walton when I went to your Bentonville facility.

I think Eddie embodies what Sam promoted and expected. Any positive feedback you might be able to provide to this young man would be well deserved.

Anonymous 9/26/13 2:40PM
  • I recently used the pharmacy at the Penticton (peach tree mall) branch The Pharmasist that helped me is worth his wieght in gold I believe his name is Diter I travel alot and the next time I am in the store will verify his name. It's a wonderful thing to find a caring person in this busy world today

darcy 9/16/13 4:13AM
  • Was very pleased with the help given to me today by customer service. They helped me track down a receipt that I badly needed. Thank you.

Bubbles 8/23/13 10:21AM
  • I want to make known that a young lady named Jenn, who works in the photo section.
    I was having trouble trying to down load some photos. jenn came and I asked her what to do, since i haven't done it before. She was great, she stayed with me, and said, if i needed her, she'd be right around the corner, which she was. what a great emploee yiu have working for you.
    exstremly friendly, polite,well trained, knew exactly what to do. Made me feel comfortable. That's a big plus.

Anonymous 8/19/13 4:37PM
  • I am contacting you about the wonderful care I have received from your pharmacist Ram Karlapudi. I thought I must remind him of someone in his family because his concern seemed so genuine. I went out with friends for lunch and spoke of the wonderful care I had received from Ram....you should have heard the buzz at the table....it seems he gives that care to all the seniors....they knew him and spoke so highly of him. I thought someone should know of this valuable employee.

Nita Marie 7/7/13 10:13PM
  • Store 5145 San Antonio. Great CSM staff had complete control over front end. Extremely professional

Anonymous 6/24/13 11:59PM
  • Hi my name is Brenda Cleary i moved to South Weymouth ma. 2 years ago and there is a sweetest most courteous young man that works in the pharmacy department in Walmart always willing to help never forgetting a name and so very pleasant if any young man deserves an award this young man should be recognized .For one i feel so ashamed that i only know him by his first name which is Cregg some call Creggy please don't let him go unnoticed he is such a hard worker and everyone seem to love him i would love to see a plaque hanging honor him for his hard work you hear bad stories let this be a good one for once Thank you Brenda

Anonymous 6/18/13 11:24AM
  • Cabot Arkansas has the best people in the phones.they help you with every thing that you need.Best ever.

Anonymous 6/15/13 6:15PM
  • Years ago, when I heard how fair Costco treats their employees, I cancelled my membership to Sam's Club. Now we proudly shop at Costco!

Spent 40 years bargaining on behalf of large consumer companies. Bargained hard...but always fair! Having come from a blue collar family, I always understood that unions were necessary to balance against the natural tendency toward corporate greed if left unchecked. Well...Walmart is a perfect example of that theory of greed!

I've just now contributed to the UFCW, and will continue to do so. I will stay out of Walmart stores, and pass the word on to my family. I am also looking for an opportunity to march w/ the u r deliberately screwing. If Costco can be a financially successful corp w/out screwing their employees...u can to! So do I!

GJPQ 5/28/13 6:36PM
  • My name is Ayn-Martha Joyce and believe it or not, I have nothing to complain about. I am in charge of the wednesday night cover dish supper at my church, St. Paul's Episcopal, in Jesup, Ga. I try to keep up with who ever in my group, is having a birthday. Well, I have ordered a cake from the bakery at the WalMart at 1100 N. 1st. St. Jesup, Ga. for a couple of years now and the people there know my name. The cakes always look good and taste great. The last cake though, almost made me cry. I ordered it over the phone, asking if they could put a hat on it, for a very elegant, put together woman. When I went to pick up the cake two days later, the store had no power and they were not letting anyone in. I stood there, kind of upset because I really wanted this cake. Two of the store employees saw me and knew who I was. They asked if I was just getting my cake and I said yes. They let me in, took me to the bakery counter, just inside the door. I took one look at the cake and knew it was PERFECT. It was exactly what I wanted. You see, I couldn't come in and look at the idea book, I asked them if they could do a hat with some flowers. When the birthday girl saw the cake, she almost cried, she loved it. A few days later when I was back at WalMart, I bought some flowers and gave them to the bakery department, letting them know how much I appreciated what they had done and everything that they do. She looked at me like she didn't know what to do. I know you probably hear all about the bad things but I had to share something good and something special. I hope you can pass this on to management at that store, they need to know that they have employees who do a fabulous job and really care about the customer.

Thank you so much.
    Sincerely,
    Ayn-Martha Joyce, Jesup, Ga.

Ayn-Martha 5/16/13 8:48PM
  • SURPRISE!!!! I found a person at the Kalamazoo, Mi. store who not only knew what he was talking about but was also very nice. Thank you Jose...He needs to be given positive recognition where as some of the others??? NO!!!!!!

Karon 5/6/13 4:30PM
  • Had a horrible experience with the woman on the internet and swore to never go to Walmart again. But I had to return something so I was forced to go one last time. To my disbelief The customer service at the store was fantastic. Dan, Virgina and Beverly went out of their way to make sure the mistake made by the person on line now known as was righted even though it had happened 6 months ago. High marks for the people at the Wood Village Walmart.

giantdon49 5/6/13 12:16AM
  • I would like compliment the Pearland Walmart Pharmacy. I find pharmacists in general to be people oriented with their customer service and so very true of the pharmacist at this particular location. I am very impressed with the team of pharmacy cashiers who assist customers in various ways.

Anonymous 4/29/13 11:50AM
  • I was just shopping at the WalMart in Stuart, FL and I was trying to put 40 lb. bags of water softner salt in my basket in the garden center. I am a 67 year old woman and these are very heavy. I want you to know that a young Man named Andre ran over ,assisted me with putting these bags of salt in my basket, checked me out and walked me out to my car to load them in for me. He is truly an asset to your store and I wanted to praise him for his kindness and professionalism.

Anonymous 4/18/13 11:51AM
  • So let me just say, as a customer service associate for 5 and a half years, I take pride in listening to customers and helping them to the best of my ability. Let me say one thing, some of us that work there, really do care and want to help you. So when you come visit me at the service desk, I know your upset, but don't call us names, don't tell us we don't know how to do our job, don't take it out on us. Think before you speak because we are human too! I say this because for the first time in my experience, a woman was ruder than you could imagine all because she was inconvenienced at a different walmart. HELLO, if you have a problem with a store and any store for that matter, take it up with that store, that manager, etc. Not a completely different store and expect us to reprimand someone we don't even know. UNBELIEVABLE! Karmmmaa is a witch :)

Wally_girl 4/14/13 8:18PM
  • I Would To Submit A Positive Comment On An Employee At The Jackson,tennessee Walmart On South Highland Store # 0393.
    The Employee's Name Is Wendy. She Had To Help Me Shop Due To My Health Conditions. She Went Above And Beyond The Call Of Duty Helping Retrieve My Grocery Needs And Then Unloading The Products Into My Car By Herself,although She Had Requested Help No One Offered To Help Her. I Think She Deserves A Raise And High Comendation For Her Work. I'd Also Like To Add The The Greeter At The Store Between 13:30 And 15:00 Was Not Friendly At All, Iasked Her If There Was Any Handicaped Scooter Carts Where As I Did Not See Any And She Rudely Just Pointed At Their Location And Did Not Even Offer To Help Me. I Have Very Bad Rhumitoid, And Osteo Arthritis Also Fybromyagalia It Is A Chore For Me To Walk Even Short Distances.
    I Come Every Month And Shop A Walmart And I Almost Always Have A Great Person To Help Me Shop. I Give The Shopper I Had A 10+++ But The Greeter A ---1
    Diane Eldridge

Anonymous 4/14/13 6:38PM
  • I visited the Wal-Mart on Frontage Rd in Overland Park KS on Saturday, April 6. This is to say that i received the BEST customer service from the entire automotive department.
    They changed my tire and gave me more information on the rest of my tires. From the Manager to the rest of the staff i could sense how concerned they were with every customer. Great Job!

Dorie 4/9/13 7:39AM
  • Viewing Walmart employee reviews
  • I worked at walmart almost 20 years back in the day it was great .but now it all about who you can get rid of Management sits in the office and gives orders I was very loyal to my store manager until he promoted someone who didn't like me so I was terminated they said for extra time on a break I was coached based on lies I was called a bully by my store manager and I am 55 years old how sad.just goes to show what kind of management walmart has they have ads saying great place to work but I was terminated but rehireable and because mnagers all know each other I can not get in another store. I have tried to contact corp.but no one will hear me out WALMART NEEDS UNDERCOVER BOSS in there calif stores to see how people are treated.WALMARTwas good to me I just have to remember it is not the company it is the managers in the stores.SAM WALTON would be so upset to know his company has turned out like this miss all my friends at 1941

bear 11/16/13 9:39PM

• As an employee of WalMart in San Diego, I was hired as a temporary cashier. I have over 22 years of management experience and thought this was a no brainer. I was very polite to customers and made sure each had a good visit. Last night I was told not to talk to customers just get them through the line and out the door fast. This is not how customer service should be. I was told that less is more and less talking would make me faster. I am so appalled by this that I am giving my 2 weeks notice today. How can a retail giant not want great customer service. Awful!!!

Bad Experience 10/20/13 1:18PM

• I am a former employee at Store 1434 in Colorado Springs. I was a Member of Management in that store working under Shelly Kelly (Store Manager). I have to say that Shelly is the most unprofessional individual that I have ever worked for. She talks about her employees negatively behind their backs but says something different to their face. She portrays herself as a positive people person but is the exact opposite. As a Store Manager she is lost and her store shows it. She has no compassion for those employees who work and work and work only to receive her criticism. The turnover rate with Management under Shelly is extremely high. When she get's into a situation with a customer that she cant handle she just throws a gift card to them to avoid the confrontation. She lies to her superiors and makes excuses during store walks but will be all over you if you say something different.

Last but not least, she is a huge alcoholic and puts alcohol in her starbucks coffee at work.

Dont work at 1434 10/10/13 3:39PM

• Hello,
    I am a former Walmart Salaried Member of Management and want to let you know how Walmart works (At least the store I was at)

Walmart overwhelms it's associates with more work than they can accomplish. Department Managers are obtaining more departments than they should have. It is basically the motto "DO MORE WITH LESS" As you have seen in the media, Walmart replaces the majority of their full time staff with part time employees who are only there to make a buck and have no loyalty.

There are so few people to stock all of the merchandise from the back that it appears that Walmart never has anything in stock and employees are not willing to look as they already have so much on their plate.

I agree that Customer Service should be the #1 priority and with Walmart, I can personally tell you that it is not. Walmart makes so much money that the atmosphere that I worked in was that we can do without the pain in the butt customers which is not right. 1 frustrated customer will tell 10 of their friends the experience that they had.

The majority of Walmart products are made in Asia and other countries besides the US. When Sam Walton was around it was all about the USA which is no more. Look at the Salve Labor that Walmart supports by the terrible conditions that people work in outside of the USA to make Walmart products. Walmart knows about them even though they claim they do not.

Plain and simply, Walmart is terrible for the way America should be. Ever since Sam Walton passed away and the Waltons slowly got further away from Walmart, it has gone downhill. They are so big that it feels as if they dont give a s$%t about anyone including their employees. I wish more people would Boycott Walmart. One day down the road, Walmart will eventually pay for how they are treating their customers and associates but it ay be awhile.

Anti American Walmart 9/28/13 5:46PM

• Please explain why hard working honest employees are being terminated at the Super Center in Santa Clarita, Ca. Yes you had a bunch of thieves working there (arrests have been made) and you terminated the innocent employee who reported this. This is WRONG and you know it. This employee should have been thanked and given a raise but instead was terminated! Please look into the hiring and terminating practices of employees you are very aware of that are HARD WORKERS, HONEST, DO WHAT IS ASKED OF THEM, SHOW UP ON TIME and WILL WORK OVERTIME. What has happened in Santa Clarita is Pathetic and POOR MANAGEMENT

tweetipi56 7/30/13 8:43AM

• Hi im posting about store in memphis,tn i was a worker at this store for a little over a year ive had a couple write ups but nothing major everyone makes mistakes every now and then but since my termination date ive had 3 interviews and all of them was quite different. My last took the cake i was called to b a cake decorater when i came for the interview i wasnt treated right at all, i felt like itvwas a waste of my time because they didnt asked me questions it was more like hey youve worked here before you know the routine n the checked yhe boxes according to what made their job easier then i waited for the lady to come down and introduce her self n she never came down when personel called her to gst her to come back she stated over the speaker im not coming im busy so forget that she made appointments with a person for an interviw that wasnt important. Then i was told hey u still can do your second interview lol really so me determined to work i stayed for that second intserview only to sit n personell office and watch others get hired in n then be told 30 min later that hey shes not coming i cannt make her come theres nothing i can do but in three months u can b pulled again to work in another department sorry go home. After a almost two hours of waiting to get nothing. Then be called back to work over night as a cashier in electronic s. Got all the way to my third interview to never having a third onterview cus that person wasnt in i called back a day later to see what was tge hold up n was told hey sorry but were not hiring we are booked n dont do rehires company policy. Really how is that when i shop there more than twice a week n people i knew when i was there got fired for things way larger than being on sick leave like myself are back n are working. I feel like they have there picks which is cruel especially when u have a person whos willing to work n only want to support theee family like the next person this is crazy something need to be done about this problem.

mrs. understood 7/12/13 12:04PM

• I work at wal-mart in lake jackson i been there for 17years i under stand that the saying is customers always right but that not no where near true . Becouse today 06/ 08/13 there was this customer that came up to me and told me that somebody spilled paint my daughter sliped and fall . I said can i get you mgr she you need to get over there and .c lean it up before somebody falls in it . I was going to but she kept arguing with me about it . I was just consurend about her daughter.

Anonymous 6/9/13 9:37PM

• I always work 1-2hrs over time and they dont pay my overtime hrs. I asked and they said if I dont like it then quit.
    Why Walmart doing this? Aren't they suppose to pay your over time? The people that been working there for so many years said Walmart always do this to them that's why when they go lunch they take 1hr and half also they come to work 30min late because they always work over time and they don't get paid. #1 SHAME ON WALMART!#

Angelina Slim 5/30/13 5:22AM

• i found out about this web site though a young lady that works at walmart.....tifton ga.store 1072 sucks!!managers are rude 34 registers only 5 open on a friday!!i find it funny how you have highly paid managers that pass the buck to anyone else that might be eyesight.thank god for publix!!!

crazyblond 3/29/13 8:11PM

• I have been a loyal associate for about 13 years, and have ran many many depts. When I started with Walmart in 2000 I felt like I was part of a family, as time has gone on I have seen the Company focus more on the dollor and less and less on the individual. I have been cursed at, stabbed, shot at and degrated for this company. I have worked for the first 10 yrs of my career without a problem, only to become an Assistant and see the bad side. I was trained to treat people like cattle, and make the most profit for the least loss, if there is 80% turnover then that comes with it. I was told to be firm fair and consistant but when I was coached and threatned everyday and nobody eles was, there was no fair or consistant just firm.

aaron 2/15/13 2:52PM

• I worked as a cashier and as a "Help Me" customer service employee for 3 years. In the 3 years that I worked,I was never late,never called in sick,and was an excellent cashier,that customers liked. During the time I worked there,saw 4 department heads(all over the age of 50) that had been with the company over 10 years,all get fired for random reasons. I also am a senior,and got fired for not pushing carts in the ice,or carrying a case of water from the back to a customer. I have a dr's excuse,as I have a medical disability,excusing me from heavy lifting,or walking on ice. I told them no,I have a dr's excuse and a few days later,fired. I think I was set up by management and think it is because I'm an older worker. I was going to fight this,but don't want to deal anymore with this corrupt corporation. The management team is awful. The manager sits in his office all day,and the assistants are power hungry and treat selected few great,but if you are not on their list,watch out. Sam Walton would be disgusted how his store is being run and the horrible treatment of his employee's.

susanjean 1/14/13 12:00PM

• It is my opinion and for myself I would never work for wal-mart. First of I believe that they do not treat their employees good. I understand that Wal-Mart only want to hire part time employees to advoid the employees getting benefits such as medical insurance, vacation pay and other benefits. Then the way I understand they treat and work them like they are slaves.
    So for myself I will not shop at wal-mart anymore.
    On top of that I wanted to take some items back to wal-mart, I had a reciept for the heater which I bought two days prior but I lost the reciept for the other items which I had bought. Anyway dealing with customer service was hell and made they made me fell like I was trash. So I ended up walking out of wal-mart with the items that I walked in with. After all the money I have spent at wal-mart then get treated at the customer service desk the way I did ...

Wanda 11/27/12 7:03PM

• I have worked for walmart in Utah for 4 months now and for the first month the company seemed about the same as any other massive corporation. These last 3 months my eyes have been opening further and further to how this company is really ran and by whom.

First off the beginning pay is for lack of a better expression F wording terrible. Any McDonalds in America will start you off higher.

Secondly I have never seen a company with so many different managers. Were talking Managers just to Manage the Managers who Manage the Managers... From store Manager to Department Manager my location has 63 Hourly and Salary Managers. 63 is more then 1/2 our full time employee poll which is currently around 100. 100 counting the managers. I have never seen a worse case of micro managing and I highly highly doubt there is one anywhere in this world of ours that is worse then WalMart.

Thirdly and the worse part of the walmart corporate monster is the way uppers treat there lesser counterparts. It is just plain wrong for a company to not only allow BUT encourage higher ranking employees to talk down and belittle lessers. Just last week one of my managers managers manager was telling me how his boss "jumped down his throat" so he "jumped down" the ZMS, who then "Jumped down" the department manager who that same day "Jumped down" mine, well more like screamed at me for pointing out some of our departments shortcomings so that we could fix it to better serve our customers.

If there is anything you take from this post it is this: DO NOT WORK AT WALMART, UNLESS YOU KNOW YOU CAN MAKE IT TO UPPER MANAGEMENT WHERE THE PAY WILL FINALLY BE DECENT AND ALREADY KNOW THAT YOUR BETTER THEN EVERYONE ELSE WHO GETS PAID LESS THEN YOU.

however for us normal humans who knows that a happy work environment and happy workers make for a happier life and less stressful day AND you still want to work for walmart THEN I WILL OFFICIALLY WISH YOU LUCK WITH NOT QUITTING OR BECOMING A SYNICAL POS.

OR, theres the way I approach it which works just fine for me and even makes the managers watch how they treat others, but this is only my store and you will not find this same level of respect at any other store, which is still lower then even a normal stranger gives another stranger. (it's because I won a suit against one of the second in commands and needless to say she is very jobless and poor now) I value and appreciate all of my co-workers unless your a manager in which case you can go f yourself and that special attitude you get assigned when your promoted.

I have been coached (disciplined) a few timers for telling managers to find someone else to do there bidding and once for actually telling HIM his attitude towards us lessers was just a little less pathetic then his actual job and the amount of work he did.

Special Thanks and Hello to all you walmart employees out there AND ESPECIALLY the 9 of you cool MANAGERS in all of walmart land.

-MN

Fwally 11/3/12 2:25AM

• Walmart has stated customer complaints are localized. B.S. Have yet to talk to an employee that doesn't dislike them as much as I do. The same with customers. They treat their employees like sheep and pay them dog wages. They have put our friends and neighbors out of business and forced a person to shop at Walmart because in many cases they are the only ones in town. Then they carry only mdse they want to carry and a person has no recourse. I wish them nothing but ill will.

Reid 10/1/12 1:58PM

• I work for walmart in florence, sc on irby street store number 2703 and its crazy... they have little mice that run around every now and then, they treat the new cashiers completely different than the ones who have been there longer. they make us work harder than the old ones do and the old ones can just stand around and do some of what they want to do. seems as though no matter how hard you work and how good you are they try to find the smallest things to fault you for the CSM'S are sorry, they come when they want to come and make it seem like they have so much to do. the stocker keep putting things in the wrong places which leave us the cashiers to deal with unpleasant customers in i dont blame them at all. they make it seem like you will all get along but you find out its a lie when you start. no one is who they really seem to be. everyone is fake instead of being honest and talking to you they say things behind your back its like a huge industry HIGH SCHOOl and its really sad because i know im a good cashier and i enjoy the job but the management should just be fired completely and rebuilt ground up and this is speaking of my walmart. i can say so much more but i have other things to do.

firethemall 9/1/12 6:28PM

• Walmart #0348 is a very unpleasant place to work. The management is ridiculous! Especially the thing about having a time limit on the freight you have to put out! And if you don't meet the time frame they have you in the office giving you a verbal warning! It's not possible for one person to put out 2 or 3 carts of freight in an 1hr and 30 minutes. People are not robots and you can't make them work any faster than they can. They won't hire anymore help, they just try to work the crap out of the people they have. And have nerve not to pay any overtime??!!! No one wants to work for free!!! I don't know about any of the other stores, but #0348 needs a serious evaluation in their management, and a "REAL REALITY CHECK"!!!

Anonymous 7/18/12 8:26AM

• 1628 Management team treats their employees horribly. They are a group of merciful taskmasters. They have no concept of Sam Walton's 3 Basic Beliefs. "Respect for the Individual" does not exist in 1628. The Management Team can lower you pride and dignity at the drop of a hat and never give it a second thought. Even on the sales floor in front of customers is not exempt from the humiliation. The retaliation is fierce. "Customer Service" is only allowed if all other tasks are complete. The best and most favorite part of my job was exceeding my customers expectations daily. Acknowledged by my Market Manager on more than one occasion. My store manager once told me I had too much passion for my job. I just wanted create the best shopping experience possible. 1628 struggles "Striving for Excellence" This struggle will continue until 1628 Management Team would lead by example. If they would become true role models (job requirement) customers and employees would truly benefit.

Debbster1 7/8/12 7:05PM

• Bought a bike recently at the WalMart I work at, I knew I would have to do adjustments or bring it to a bike shop. Got it home and sure enough it needed alot of tuning to the point I had to drop it off at a bike shop. Asked customer service if walmart would credit me back the $50 repair cost. They said if I brought it to them that they would fix it for free. Im not going to have them fix it when they cant even build it right. You might be wondering why I bought then if I work there, well the reviews are good but they all say to get it tuned first. I work there and make them a ton of cash and they cant even credit me back $50 for repairs. I apologize to any one who has had bad service at walmart, I always try to help the customers I run in to.

Anonymous 6/3/12 11:03PM

• Hello, I worked at the walmart in Exton, Pa. for nearly 10-years. I always had great reviews and got many notices of excellent customer service and everything was going fine, Then we got a new store manager who was severely verbally abusive to many employees, myself, and even a mentally handicapped female employee who he would bash until she was hystericaly crying and couldn't even continue working.
    Other employees told me they were afraid they would be fired if they report it, and said that i would also be fired if i report it. I told them, this is America, not some degenerate country. We have rights and laws to protect us from that and we cannot be fired for reporting wrongdoing in the workplace. They said everybody knows that walmart controls the legal system, politicians and everything with its lawyers and money. They break the law all the time and pride themselves on being able to get away with it, They will fire you if you report any wrongdoing. I thought these beliefs to be very sad, shameful,pitiful, and unAmerican. In an attempt to secure a decent, reasonable workplace for my fellow employees and I, I started reporting the abusive manager and sure enough, he began making negative comments to me about reporting him and fired me.
    At that point i went to the NLRB and they filed a charge on walmart. Walmart obviously knew they were in trouble facing that charge, so they reinstated my job in exchange for dropping the charge, but then when i returned to work i was consistently subjected to much retaliation and fired twice more in a relatively short period of time do to lies being told by the same district manager who was in charge and ignored all my reports about the abusive store manager. The first subsequent firing i was able to prove was completely false and have overturned, and i then i filed another complaint with the NLRB concerning the illegal retaliation i was being subjected to since returning to work. After filing that complaint i was fired again the very next day upon showing up for work. and i am still trying to get some help with this one. I am not a kid trying to get a few extra bucks at walmart. This was my career. I was a very dedicated, loyal, hardworking employee who many people used to ask why i work so hard and care so much about my job. I am 46 years old, i have lost 10-years of my life i had invested in that company which i can never get back, and now i will surely never be able to retire in my lifetime, all due to being the one to do the right thing, put my trust and faith in our once great American system, and stand up for the right of my fellow employees and i to have a decent and reasonable workplace and report the widespread severe verbal abuse that was going on in our store. When i went back to the NLRB to report the obviously retaliatory firing, they seemed like they were going to help me, but then told me that the walmart laywer had contacted them and they no longer want to pursue the case. when i attempted to file a complaint about the obviously retaliatory illegal firing the NLRB very suspiciously dismissed it based on a bunch of false information and even slanderous, defamotory lies told to them by walmart which the NLRB had no problem recklessly printing in a government file.
    As long as this type of thing is allowed to go on in America we are in a state of deterioration of everything that this country is supposed to stand for. Thank You, God bless You, and God bless America. Sincerely, Robert Snodgrass, 715 Taylor rd., Downingtown, pa. 19335
    snod307@hotmail.com

RobertSnodgrass 5/8/12 11:19AM

• I know several workers who work for walmarts in NC. They treat their employees like crap. They give them so much to get done they can not get done. Then they get fusssed at for not getting it all done. I have made the decision that I can no longer shop at a store that treats its employees like this. I seen manaers sit around doing nothing and lines of people waiting at the register. Its time for people to step up and out of Walmart because they don't care about their customers or their employees.

Anonymous 4/3/12 4:28PM

• Wow, and I thought I was the only one who felt Walmart treats their employees bad. If you stick up for yourself, they make it so bad for you that you just want to quit. They hire bottom feeders because they are bottom feeders. They have very little morals and lack skills to put them in professional settings. Again, Walmart, you make people sick.

Delores 3/21/12 3:37PM

• Walmart, will never give total correct customer service for on reason, poor pay. Sales Associates are paid $7.80 to start and given very few hours. The average new worker takes home less than $200.00 per week. Walmart gives its workers bonus checks but it still does not ad up to more than $250.00 2 times a year for the part-time employees. The managers of the stores are mean 2436, they work people like slaves, and gossip about the employees. The managers, supervisors stand around and give orders. this very sub-standard treatment is the main reason there will never be good service in Walmart. The employees start to hate there job's but stay because there is little work in our area. And because they are not happy but afraid of the supervisor's, and when they do complain they are made out to look like fools, no brains and told that maybe they need to work someplace else. Walmart is a hard place to work for.

walmart slave 3/5/12 1:00PM

• As a former employee of walmart in arkansas I can honestly say the managers didnt care about their employees. I went to my store manager plenty of times since we had the "open door policy" and everytime all she could say was it wasnt her problem!!!! In reality it was her fault I got sick and Im only getting sickier!!!!!!

Anonymous 3/3/12 7:48PM

• As a former employee of Wal-Mart, I can assure you that most of the management over WM stores are HORRIBLE. It is hard for us employees to pass on great customer service when we are being unappreciated, treated like crap, and they spend a lot of their time trying to get rid of us. Sam Walton would be shocked at what Wal-Mart has turned into since his death.

Anonymous 1/29/12 8:25PM

• A lot of the problem with customer service at Wal-Mart is the fault of the management and the home office. If management is treating their employees terribly, then the employees are going to pass it on to the customers.

Bjoh 1/29/12 8:20PM

Check out these popular comparisons of Walmart customer service versus other companies:
Walmart vs. Albertsons
Walmart vs. Wegmans
Walmart vs. Whole Foods
Walmart vs. WinCo
Walmart vs. Xerox
Authorized representatives of Walmart can sign up to reply to any of the comments found on this page.

800-925-6278
Walmart.com Customer Service - Live Help
1-800-966-6546
Walmart customer service phone number including steps to reach representatives, hours of operation, customer support links and more from ContactHelp.com.

Complete Walmart customer service phone numbers and contact information at ContactHelp.com

Locate the Walmart corporate office headquarters phone number, address and more at CorporateOfficeOwl.com.

Walmart corporate office headquarters information at CorproateOfficeOwl.com

Hours of Operation
Find Walmart hours of operation for locations near you!. You can also find Walmart location phone numbers, driving directions and maps.

Walmart hours of operation at HoursOfOperation.biz

Returns & Refunds
Review the Walmart return and refund policy at ReturnsAndRefunds.com.

Walmart returns, refund and exchange policy at ReturnsAndRefunds.com

Get immediate support for your Walmart questions from HelpOwl.com.

Receive immediate support for Walmart at HelpOwl.com

View thousands of Walmart user reviews and customer ratings available at ReviewOwl.com.

Walmart reviews and ratings at ReviewOwl.com

Mother not surprised Walmart shooting victim got involved
"I called his phone and it showed that it was on the floor at Walmart customer service, and I told them [family] he was gone," she said. Debra Wilcox said she's not surprised her son tried to intervene. "I guess I can tell you that I wish he didn't go ...
Walmart shooting victim's mother: 'I'm glad he helped'
Baton Rouge rocked the national stage during a three-hour national telecast of Miss USA 2014. The event put the spotlight ... "I called his phone and it showed that it was on the floor at Walmart customer service, and I told them [family] he was gone ...
Walmart wants to sell you auto insurance
Price-conscious consumers have been struggling to afford even Walmart's discounted prices in the prolonged economic downturn, and Flickinger says Walmart has stumbled on customer service, with inadequate staffing and understocking of its stores.