Whirlpool Customer Service

Whirlpool customer service is ranked #527 out of the 724 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 27.17 out of a possible 200 based upon 942 ratings. This score rates Whirlpool customer service and customer support as Terrible.

Terrible Overall Customer Service Rating
  • Viewing Whirlpool customer service complaints
  • In August of 2011 I purchased a 30" gas range model #WFG371 from ABT. In June of 2012 the oven stopped working. Abt sent out a repair man to fix the problem. He put in a new electronic control panel, and gas valve and also cleaned off the spark ignitor valve with a wire brush. there were no charges as this was still under warranty.

In April my gas burners stopped lighting after I cleaned my oven. I do not clean my oven very often and it was not overly dirty. I have been lighting the burners with matches since the automatic spark system stopped working. I called out a service repair man that was not an authorized service repair company and paid him $98.00 to diagnose the problem.
    I was told to repair the problem would cost more then I paid for the range (over $600.00).

I called ABT and they suggested I call Whirlpool.I talked to several people and was told a supervisor would have to call me back as it was out of warranty. I did not get a call back. I called and spoke to John who was very polite but his final suggestion was to call back ABT and see if they would agree to repair and diagnose the problem. He was willing to send me the correct parts at his cost, no shipping charges or taxes. I contacted Tom at ABT who talked to Dustin. They agreed to charge me $119 for a service charge and any other needed service would be included in the $119.
    I am not satisfied paying over $200 in service fees plus the additional cost of parts for a three year old range. I expect Whirlpool to replace the parts at their expense. A range should last more then three years and should not need repairs after less then a year.

Added concerns are similar to what others have said. The tops of the burners do not come clean and the area around the burners does not clean well. It looks like caked on dirt but does not come clean.

If this is a very reliable product with very good ratings as the supervisor Tom stated Whirlpool should replace the defective part at no cost. It will already cost me over $200 for a three year old product. If Whirlpool does not help me to my satisfaction I will continue using matches like people did in the early 20th century and also never buy or recommend their brand again.

Anonymous 7/29/14 8:25AM
  • Don't ever buy a whirlpool washer ! Mine broke in less than 45 days after purchase! Now I am spending my 1 vacation day waiting for a service tech!

Anonymous 7/29/14 5:36AM
  • I spent talking 20 minutes with a customer service representative to get a technician to see my broken washer and I found out the woman I was talking was a interrogator who was trying to find out broken washing unit is my mistake or not. Than she transferred my call to another department who actual I need to speak .I spent about 38 minutes to get some help between homedepo and whirlpool .It is not finish yet.Then They gave me local branch number to find out what time they are available on Friday...
    Let's make the story short I think I made a mistake to by this washer from whirlpool.

ibo 7/28/14 12:18PM
  • I just got this washing machine back in dec it broke down in june I got the extended warranty on it the appliance doctor came out four times and couldn't fix it and now whirlpool is giving me hard time everything in my house is whirlpool and now I cant get the help I need this washer cost nine hundred dollars I was promised to get a call back from them and never got it what I did get was left on hold time and time again worst customer service ive ever experienced...

worst cust service 7/25/14 12:01PM
  • Whirlpool sold me a dishwasher that did not work properly from the first day.
    I've had about 6 different service appointments, of which 3 times they didn't show up. Once they called me at the end of the 4 hour window, to tell me that they weren't coming and that I needed to re-book.
    After escalating my concerns to their 'corporate representatives', all they would do was apologize, and they wanted me to re-book. They refused to do anything about all the missed appointments and last-minute changed appointment times.
    The dishwasher still doesn't work. It's the last Whirlpool product I buy.

Frank Toronto 7/23/14 9:52AM
  • I am very disappointed with how the repair of my washer is going. It broke almost a month ago. My wife emailed the corporate office and asked them to help with the problem. They put us in touch with Elite Factory Service out of Marlton, NJ (I think). Tech came out to look at it and told us it was the motor and that we would have to pay for it. We called Whirlpool offices again saying we are not paying for it. A washer shouldn't break down in 1 1/2 years. They told us they would have Elite order the new motor and come out to install it. It's been over 2 weeks since the tech visit and our washer is still broken. I have called Elite and Whirlpool for a couple days now and no one is responding. I am done with Whirlpool and their repair service at Elite. I don't understand why they don't want to keep their customers happy. How hard is it to call and get things repaired. That's their job. No wonder so many people are not buying whirlpool.

Anonymous 7/23/14 7:02AM
  • I bought a whirlpool cabrio 1 year ago now the machine doesn't spin all my clothes are soaked I called customer service now they want me to pay $350.00 for a 1 year warranty because I didn't by the warranty when I bought the machine. Well the machine is only 1 year old their shouldn't be any problem. Conclusion whirlpool customer services suck they don't help at all. This has been the worst washer machine I have ever bought. The washer machine probably has a recall and they want to cover it up.

Anonymous 7/18/14 6:10PM
  • Purchased a Whirlpool sidebyside refridgerator which arrived without without the stand on which the cup rests when getting a cup of water or ice. I contacted Whirlpool customer services the same day. I have been contacting them every 3 day and there is always an excuse as to why this part has not arrived. It was supposed to have been sent by FedEX 2 days ago but still it has not arrived. I have been waiting 17 days.

Whirlpis 7/17/14 9:02AM
  • 2 months our referigerator is not working and whirpool keeps saying tom everyday .. by weekend it becomes monday. really pathetic service . im sure not to buy any whirpool products and also i would recommend all i know never to buy any whirpool products

sreeni 7/17/14 2:12AM
  • Extremely poor post sale service and support. For minor issues, the service centre engineers expect the entire part to be replaced. The part is generally not available no due expected date is provided. The service centre contacts are extremely rude and refuse to provide proper responses. In general, very poor experience.

soma 7/10/14 2:43AM
  • Just letting everyone know if you purchase a whirlpool appliance and it gets delivered and is broke from the start they will not exchange for a new one. They expect you to keep the broken one and just let them come to your house and repair it. I have a broken light and burner from the second it was installed and all they will do is order parts and fix. Might want to think of ordering a different brand that will back their product up. $1,000 stove and I am stuck!!!!!!!

Jessica 7/9/14 10:32AM
  • Will never buy whirlpool again, had to buy a new motor for my dishwasher after 2 and a half yrs. Bought all whirlpool appliances when moving into my house,(spent over 4000 Euro)only because there was an 8 yr guarantee at the time, I had been paying up for them in the shop,when I rang them about my dishwasher not working they told me whirlpool had changed their guarantee to 2 yrs. Think whirlpool/shop should of made me aware of this. Very disappointed

whirlpool 7/9/14 7:59AM
  • Screw Whirlpool. They have short warranties and their equipment breaks after warranties expire. First it was the washing machine, which broke after 3 years of use; I had to pay a lot of money to fix the computer in there. Now, it's the fridge, and it's only been little over a year and it broke! Aren't Fridges supposed to last? Do they purposely make faulty equipment that fails after warranty expires? Anyway, all my food is going bad, and it's going to take about 4 more days for the computer to get here. Once again, SCREW Whirlpool, never buy from them.

Anonymous 7/7/14 12:37PM
  • never buy any whirlpool products as their service is POOREST in the market. Pathetic service provided by them.

No matter the quality may be good but today service is TOP PRIORITY.

my query GB0714001274 was not responded by them properly.
    Their executive/engineer are cheaters and will ask for discounted prices without bills.

Pathetic service.

UNHAPPY MISGUIDED CUSTOMER

ram 7/5/14 9:12AM
  • Completely disgusted with the after care service from Whirlpool. We purchased a dishwasher at Easter which tripped our electrics when we used it. Two trips (a week apart each) from their engineer confirmed that it was beyond repair. We are now in July and still have no replacement, no repair, no apology and apparently have to wait another week for someone else to come and have a look at it...! Won't be purchasing anything else from Whirlpool again.

Should have gone to Bosch 7/3/14 3:10PM
  • I Have A Fridge Mod. Ande Ser. # Wrf9895dah02 K33608341. I Purchased It Oct 2013. I Started Building Frost From The Ice Maker Right Away. Jan 2014 Was The First Call For Survice. I Have Been Waiting At Home Or On The Phone Trying To Get This Product Reapired Ever Since . If I Had A Job I Would Be Fired For Staying On The Phone So Much. There Is Insulin In The Fridge. I Check All During The Day To See If It Is Frozen. I Was Told The Last Time , They Did Not Have Service Repare In My Area. As Big A Company As Yours And No Service, Then Why Are You Selling In This Area? On June 23 I Called And Was Told By July 3 A Person From Product Service Exchange Would Call. It Is July 3 Today 5.10 P.m Surprise . No Call Yet.6 Months Of My( No Good Warrtany) Is Gone Waiting For Help From Someone. Do I Need To Trash This New Fridge And Buy A Defferent Brand To Have Peace Of Mind , Or Wait For The Insulin To All Freeze And My Husband Have No Mecicane To Take And Go In A Dibetic Comma? I Also Purchased A Extended Warrenty On All 4 New Appliances I Purchased All At The Same Time. So Now I Have 6 (six) Appliances In My Home That I Can Get No Service For. Why Would Whirlpool Let This Happpen?

JANE 7/3/14 2:11PM
  • Service Request number:
    I got the whirlpool washing machine serviced Rs 3560 as service charge. When I got the machine home I found that the machine is not working properly and the water is draining out from under it.

After paying such a hefty amount for 5 yr old washing machine if it doesnt work after getting it to home, Its disgusting.

Sujinair 7/3/14 8:31AM
  • On June 11, 2014 our one year old cooktop failed, flashing error F47. We called and were told we'd be called back within 5-7 business days, that the unit needed to be replaced, and that it would be scheduled. No call back came.

On June 26, 2014 we called and got an apology for the delay and a promise of a callback within a day. No callback came.

On June 27, 2014 we called 18002350065 and were told that it would take 10-14 days for someone to call us to schedule a replacement.

I called corporate headquarters and was shunted to a voicemail that promised a callback. None came.

I posted a nasty note on their Facebook wall. Two days later I got a sincere sounding apology from Amber in their digital department, who asked for the model number and serial number, and promised to do what she could. I e-mailed the information promptly. Two days later, nothing has happened.

I called a local appliance repair place that does work for Whirlpool - they said they've been replacing the model ICI1500XB 00 (sold by Ikea) in homes all over the area...that it apparently is a product with a serious problem.

Whirlpool? They're absent, ignoring their responsibilities to customers like me.

We have tenants who haven't had a cooktop for three weeks, and are being told it will take weeks more to repair.

To say this is unacceptable warranty service does not even begin to describe it. Anyone who buys a Whirlpool appliance (they're IKEA's supplier) does so at their own peril.

dave3474 7/1/14 7:13PM
  • I have never been so frustrated with a company's customer service. I have had issues with my oven and refrigerator. I have called WHIRLPOOL customer service and have been hung on, on hold for an almost an hour numerous times. I purchased 4 major appliances for my home from Whirlpool and never again unless someone contacts me and at least tries to save the dignity of this company. I ended up paying money from my own pocket for a local repair company to come because we could not get through to customer service and couldn't go another day without having running drinking water from my refrigerator. Disgusted.

Anonymous 6/25/14 4:21PM
  • Still waiting over a month to try out my BRAND NEW DRYER which was dead on arrival. After 4 screw ups from JB HUNT delivery, my dryer was finally delivered and installed. They ran out without testing the unit and of course it does not work.
    Now, 4 weeks later, the unit still does not work. I have had 4 different appointments from the repair person to fix the unit. I STILL HAVE NOT USED THE DRYER. IT IS BROKEN. Who will fix this thing?
    I cannot stand another 4 hour window. I have waited 32 hours getting this thing delivered?

Infuritated 6/23/14 2:14PM
  • I don't know why Whirlpool puts up with all these negative comments. Be pro-active. Do something about it. You have great products, but honestly your customer service is terrible. So far I have left 3 requests for someone to call me back. I want to never have to deal with Whirlpool again. What's wrong with your people?

Anonymous 6/23/14 12:06AM
  • Whirlpool is the most difficult company I have ever worked with. I will NEVER again in my life purchase a Whirlpool product. In fact... I probably wouldn't accept one for FREE. After 4 service calls and two deliveries, I am now fighting for the hardwood floors in my dining room to be repaired due to the stupidity of the delivery service sent by Whirlpool.

aechols0516 6/20/14 9:27AM
  • On 6/17/14 I scheduled an appointment for 6/18/14 through the 800 number on my manual. No one showed up on 6/18 so I went on whirlpool.com and scheduled an appointment for 6/23/14. On 6/19/14 a repairman shows up, said nothing was wrong, and charged me $69. It is not possible to cancel an appointment online, so on 6/20/14 I spent almost 25 minutes on the telephone waiting for a representative. I gave her my appointment confirmation code and she was gone for another 5 minutes. When she came back, she said that she could not find my appt. When I told her that I would just not pay the repairman when he shows up on 6/23/14, she said that she would cancel the appointment. Next time I will use a local repairman.

Bonnie 6/20/14 7:41AM
  • Bought my washer 12/18/13 today is 6/19/2013 and I have no washer it is broken, I have been on the phone since 9:10am and it is now 3:40 to no satisfaction the soonest they can send someone to try and fix my NEW washer is July 2, 2014 I will never never never again buy Whirlpool again, after looking on internet I should have done my homewook beforehand, bet I do next time. Their customer service is sooooo bad.

vikki 6/19/14 12:42PM
  • Just bought a Whirlpool Thin-Twin Stack washer/Dryer. Model This "new" design is inferior to the old ones as it severely limits the amount of water that can be used--making the large washer basket operate at 1/2 of it's cubic rating. It also has a feature that tempers the hot water by slamming the valve shut in order to allow more cold. You cannot get hot water alone into the machine and this "termistor" mixing devise causes the hot water lines to jump and bang against the machine. I called Whirlpool and they sent service people out to tell me that this is normal. Wow! They could have said that on the phone. But they don't have adequately trained personnel to truly help the consumer. I won't buy their products again--mostly because of their convoluted service and help center.

lousy machine 6/16/14 2:48PM
  • Viewing positive Whirlpool customer service ratings
  • For those navigating to this site... I will offer a glimmer of hope. Once we reached the Whirlpool executive customer service team we have been treated well. They are replacing the "lemon" refrigerator and doing their best to make things right. I relate to the frustration of those expressed below in the sense that it was a bad experience working through the regular customer service channels... but once you reach the executive department they do honor their warranty and take care of you.

bdub480 12/21/13 9:54AM
  • I wanted to say Thankyou for the excellent service I recieved from you customer service department this week. They understood the seriousness of my problem and the outcome was what I had hoped for. I will definitely consider a whirlpool appliance in the future when needed.

Anonymous 5/5/13 9:43AM
  • We had a problem with a Whirlpool refrigerator that we bought from Lowe's in Anaheim. Customer service that we received from Lowe's could not have been worse. Customer service that we received from Whirlpool could not have been better.
    A one year warranty from Whirlpool against defects, and a defect, came with the refrigerator. Setting the temperature in the fresh food section to the proper level was nearly impossible. We did, however, find an unconventional spot on the dial where the temperature was unstable but would stay between 34-42 degrees. Far from ideal but the food was not freezing nor spoiling. The thermostat was obviously defective.
    The situation was not urgent so we were lax in reporting it and did not do so until shortly after one year from date of purchase. The warranty does not require that any defect be reported within one year so I wrote a letter to the store manager, Mr. Mark Wiser. He failed to respond - not even a phone call.
    After waiting 30 days for his response, I sent a letter to Lowe's corporate offices.
    The response basically was,"Don't bother us, if you have a complaint, send it to Whirlpool."
    My thoughts were that, we bought the defective refrigerator from Lowe's so Lowe's should fix the defect and recover its expenses from Whirlpool. Discouraged, but after some hesitation I did, nevertheless, write to Whirlpool. Ten days later we got a phone call from Whirlpool and two days thereafter their repairman came and replaced the thermostat. Now that's customer service!
    A fundamental difference in customer service between Whirlpool and Lowe's is apparent from the fact that Whirlpool monitors this website and invites those with a complaint to call so it can review the matter. I see no evidence that Lowe's even knows that this website exists.
    Lesson learned: If you need a new appliance, consider Whirlpool but, whatever you buy, don't buy it from Lowe's.

Stan in Anaheim 4/28/13 8:08AM
  • I just purchased a whirlpool glass and stainless steel range hood, model #GXW653DXS. The whirlpool logo looks like it has been glued on the top center of the chimney. Can this be removed successfully? It takes away from the beauty of the hood. Nothing against whirlpool. It was not on the model in Brandsmart.
    Amber

Amber 2/25/13 7:58PM
  • I have had my Whirlpool Washer and Dryer (front load) Duet Steam since 03/09. I used the extended care twice. The first time, a dime had somehow slipped into the pump. The repairman was prompt, clean and knowledgeable and completely fixed it in 30 minutes. The second time the door was not closing. That was a fix of removing some soap residue and D-W40. Hahaha. I think he checked something on the dryer for me as well and all was fine. I just renewed my extended plan for 5 more years and added my other appliances. I don't usually write a review, but wanted to add that I have had Whirlpool Appliances since the 1970's and never had major issues with performance or repair.

Beverly DePasquale 1/11/13 7:48AM
  • I purchased my Whirlpool Convection Range in August 2012. On December 6, 2012 the inside glass door on the oven shattered. It sounded like a bomb going off. The Safety Department at Whirlpool said it would be Monday before anyone could come out. I said NO they needed to be out the next day. They gave me a list of numbers to call and a very nice service tech fit me in. The glass needs to be replaced,but I am contacting the Manager of the store i bought it from and am asking for a replacement. Will let you know how it goes. I think the response I received was done so fast because I was injured when the glass shattered.

Linda 12/7/12 6:47PM
  • We purchased a Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer in 2008 and now it is displaying the notorious F1 error code. I searched on the internet for solutions and options, called repair places, and have pretty much just been dealing with the annoying steps we must take to make it work. I really didn't want to purchase a new washer and dryer so instead I called Customer Service. I spoke with a very nice lady named Gloria who quickly gathered my information and model and serial numbers and went to work for me. They are fixing my washer at no charge and have even scheduled my repair 2 days from now!! I'm guessing it was part of a recall but I'm so glad I called! My one suggestion is to be pleasant when calling these Customer Support lines. They are far better to work with this way and definitely more willing to go the extra mile to help you! Best of luck to everyone having appliance issues. My GE fridge is terrible and I'm hoping I can get some good service for it now!

LCart 8/28/12 7:44AM
  • i had issues with my gas hot water heater, the pilot light went out. i replaced the thermocouple and the water heater was working again. bur for a short tome and quit again. so i called the tech center and the lady gave me two things to check. the flame vent and heat sensor. cleaned the flame vent and reset the sensor and water heater working now. Again thanks for the great after the sale service.

Anonymous 8/27/12 8:35PM
  • Spoke with Kylee in Tennensee after replacing the control board in my whirlpool double oven about how to reprogram control board to oven size and how to reset the clock. Had me up and going in less than 5 minutes! When you call make sure you have your model number and serial number already written down. This will speed the process. If you're lucky you'll get a good old southerner from Tennessee when you call. I was very pleased with my customer service.

Anonymous 8/2/12 12:27PM
  • I just got off the phone with a lovely rep. in Tennessee. She was delightful. Though my Cabrio washer is 4 years old, and needs an expensive part, she got permission to send a technician out to the house to bring the part and repair the machine, free of charge!
    I didn't know what to expect when I called, based on the negative comments, but I still spoke kindly to her and told her my situation. She resolved my issues in spades! I am renewed in my faith in customer service!

Muffmoo 7/19/12 9:23AM
  • I had to wait a long time (about 30 minutes) for a representative, but I was completely blessed by getting Crystal. She was super friendly and helped me with my situation. Thanks Crystal! Fantastic job!

Anonymous 7/9/12 12:37PM
  • i read all these negative comments on the board. i cant speak to your experiences, however, Cole at the service number was AWESOME. Friendly, courteous and prompt. Thank you Cole and SOMEBODY GET THIS GUY A RAISE!

Water Heater Blues 5/15/12 7:34AM
  • I purchased as duet steam washer 9/16/2010. The rear bearing went out 3/19/2012. Out of warranty. Called Whirlpool with the problem. I was treated royally and received replacement parts 3/17/2012. I recommend them.
    Joe

Joe 3/19/12 4:21PM
  • I was so satisfied with the results from Whirlpool Company ,Elaine from customer care ,was a great help ,got me in contact with A&E factory service,Rocky came out repaired my stove & I'm back cooking & baking again ! I bought Whirlpool again ! the last washer &dryer I had lasted for Years with no problems for 12 yrs,Whirlpool is a very reliable company,it was the installation person from Lowes that caused the problem.

Shawnee 2/28/12 11:59AM
  • We had a problem with a Whirlpool in door Ice maker and hopefully it hs been fixed this time.The unit #is 0008206. The Technician 0543173 order #40522897. This Technician was very thoroughand careful with respect to his surroundings and expedient in his work. We are very pleased with his work.

Anonymous 2/22/12 9:37AM
  • I needed service on my washing machine. Problem solved within 3 minutes. Technician will be coming to my house tomorrow. Super Easy. Super Fast.

Anonymous 2/20/12 6:22AM
  • On Saturday, my 3 year old Duet washer started roaring loudly during the spin cycle. Bill with A&E arrived this morning exactly on time, at 8am of the 8-noon window, and confirmed the tub bearings were out. He gave me a parts quote of $1151 and collected his $129 flat fee. He suggested I call Whirlpool customer care about my problem.

Thoroughly pissed, I called the 800 number in the owners manual and started the dreaded voice prompt process. I was quickly connected to parts and explained to the person I was going to scream loudly about my problem and to please connect me to someone to scream at. She did. Within 5 minutes, I was connected to Amanda whom politely asked about the product and problem. She apologized for my troubles and said parts would be sent, but I was responsible for labor (my $129 flat fee from A&E). No screaming. No cussing nor gnashing of teeth. Just fast, friendly, FANTASTIC service!!!

Thank you Bill at A&E, Amanda and Whirlpool for standing behind your product and taking care of your customers!!

Happy Guy 1/31/12 8:57AM
  • After waiting almost 20 minutes I told the customer service rep what my question was and she knew the answer and immediately I waas off the phone...

Anonymous 11/21/11 11:44AM
  • I just called Whirlpool to ask a question about my washer and was on hold only 11 minutes. The lady that helped me was very nice. Answered all my questions.

Anonymous 11/11/11 9:50AM
  • I purchased my whirlpool cabrio washer and dryer in nov 2007.I was trilled to finally have a new set. But in 10-2010 I started having trouble with my washer. The repair man it would cost $400 to fix it after researching I found out about several others had same problem and so I called Whirlpool and they sent A&E to fix it cost $0. Then seven monthes later the same problem Whirlpool says NO WARRANTY and A&E said NO WARRANTY.So I email the company. A few weeks later I received a call from Whirlpool oustomer service. They sent A&E to repair the same problem: Cost $0. Thank You I hope the problem is fixed and it will last me for many more years.

Faye Wilkerson 10/4/11 10:14AM
  • I have to say that I am completely disappointed with this Whirlpool Cabrio that we bought just over 4 years ago. We bought this particular machine because it boasted it's large tub in which you could fit a large number of jeans. Unfortunately, it gets all thrown off balance whenever you put anything heavy in there. Towels, forget it!! We had to get a service person to come in to look at it. He told us it'll cost us around $300.00 to fix. Let me say again, this machine is just over 4 years old and of course the extended warranty we purchased, just expired!!! How frustrating is that??
    Now I ask, how does a machine that is only 4 years old and that we paid over $1400.00 not function properly??? I will also say that it is not our first machine and that the high efficiency technology is leaving a bitter taste in my mouth. I would rather have an old fashioned washing machine with an agitator over these modern day machines any day!!
    Disappointed in Kanata!!

Lina Bascur 8/22/11 6:28PM
  • If you truly want help from Customer Service, email all of their corporate people and several other representatives in other countries as well as their investors and you will definitely receive a reply. If possible, contact a Mrs. Pumfry at the corporate office. She is wonderful and very willing to help. I asked to be reimbursed for a part that had a recall notice and she is the only one who would help me. I didn't ask to be reimbursed for the service call or the labor because the service company I used was not an authroized repair service from Whirlpool, but she was able to reimburse for the part which is the central computer system for the Whirlpool Washing Machine model WTW6600SW2. I believe corporate's phone number is 866-817-5404.

JT 4/26/11 1:44PM
  • I have purchased washing machine last year on 18 april 2010 with two year warranty today I register complaint with one of their executive that wash tub is not working they told me that if we find any pin or coin etc in the machine they will charge Rs.100/- with me due to mishandling of machine. But when i purchase the machine there is no such intimation and if we have any trouble during 2 years they have to provide the free of cost service. Even I ask them to give me the contact number of senior person so that I can talk them in this regard first they refuses to give me the number when I insist they told me that supervisor will call you back but around two hours ago no phone call received by them... Before this I have Kelvinator washing machine and during warranty no problem is creating by them as Whirlpool did I am very disappointed while knowing that why should we pay Rs.100/- for service it is also in the warranty period

NIDHI JAIN 2/23/11 11:17PM
  • I have read all the negative comments about whirlpools service and lack of response to complaints and fortunately my experience has been different. I purchased a Duet washer and dryer last year and 3 months past warranty the washer motor board went. Needless to say I was upset. So much money for such poor quality. After much searching on the web I found several email listings for corporate execs (Not an easy thing to do) and wrote a letter expressing my disappointment with their product quality and sent it off. Within 36 hrs I received a phone call from the executive assistant to Jeff Fettig (CEO of Whirlpool)with an offer to pay half my repair bill. Considering it was out of warranty and they had no real obligation to pay anything I thought that was pretty terrific. So I have to give Whirlpool an A for their response and resolution of the issue even though it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Anonymous 9/23/10 12:40PM
  • I just contacted Whirlpool about a serious issue I was having with my propane water heater. I was informed that an upgrade thermostat kit was available at no cost and one be promptly shipped ... To my amazement, the kit arrived within 24 hours ... the installation instructions were easy to follow and the heater now works like new ... Whirlpool's phone service was friendly, informative and infinitely better than any response that I've ever recieved from any other company or service. Thanks, Whirlpool ... you've restored my faith in appliance companies.

kittyqueen 8/3/10 8:42PM
  • I used to work for Whirlpool as a CSR...here are a few tips : If your unit is out of warranty you will be offered service. If you demand to talk to a supervisor - you are supposed to be transferred, no questions....If you have an out of warranty Whirlpool and expect to be given something, that is not in 9 times out of 10 going to happen.....If you want SOME KIND OF RESPONSE ask for the address of the Whirlpool Executive Team in Benton Harbor and write a letter (they do not take phone calls or emails )... If your unit is 1 year old, you'll be scheduled for service....Call with your Model Number and Serial Number (like the recording tells you) ... and if you are in or out of warranty, be ready to hear the help from the owner's manual or " use and care guide " because that is all the phone people are able to tell you...IT USED TO BE that if you owned any Whirlpool appliance and something happened out of warranty, the CSRs could help you...NOT ANY MORE !!!! They basically schedule service, so know what coverage you have. Oh, and if you have an extended warranty with another company, like Sears or Lowe's or Home Depot - DO NOT CALL WHIRLPOOL - if they schedule you service and you take it - your extended warranty is VOIDED !!!!

JIMTYPES 3/28/12 6:44AM

• i would first and foremost say that all of you are a bunch of whiners!!! i mean crimany... do you really think that we are just going to wave our magic wands and get you a new unit like ASAP. i mean common wake up and smell the roses those things break and you all need to realize that things are just not built the way they used to be, but really people wake up and smell the roses!!! y'all are a bunch of complainers thinking that this is going to solve a probelm. i will never buy an over priced item like this.... mabye you should have all though man ge and kenmore are great!!! cuz ( hint: i still have a hot point oven and it works great) not to mention a 20 year old fridge that still runs!!!! so put that in your heads to think about next time you go out and buy an appliance!!!

Annon 9/28/09 9:19PM

Check out these popular comparisons of Whirlpool customer service versus other companies:
Whirlpool vs. Bosch
Whirlpool vs. LG
Whirlpool vs. Maytag
Whirlpool vs. Rheem
Whirlpool vs. Samsung
Authorized representatives of Whirlpool can sign up to reply to any of the comments found on this page.

866-698-2538
Whirlpool customer service phone number including steps to reach representatives, hours of operation, customer support links and more from ContactHelp.com.

Complete Whirlpool customer service phone numbers and contact information at ContactHelp.com

Locate the Whirlpool corporate office headquarters phone number, address and more at CorporateOfficeOwl.com.

Whirlpool corporate office headquarters information at CorproateOfficeOwl.com

Get immediate support for your Whirlpool questions from HelpOwl.com.

Receive immediate support for Whirlpool at HelpOwl.com

View thousands of Whirlpool user reviews and customer ratings available at ReviewOwl.com.

Whirlpool reviews and ratings at ReviewOwl.com

Whirlpool Manuals
Find free Whirlpool manuals and user guides available at ManualOwl.com.

Free Whirlpool manuals and user guides at ManualOwl.com

Whirlpool, novità alle vendite
Entrato in Whirlpool nel 1999, ha ricoperto ruoli di crescente responsabilità, da key account manager per il retail a lead trade marketing manager, da country manager per l'Italia del customer service a direttore commerciale customer service Emea.
Whirlpool: L. Sarvello nuovo direttore vendite per Italia
Il nuovo direttore e' entrato in Whirlpool nel 1999, ha ricoperto il ruolo di Key account manager per il retail a Lead Trade Marketing manager, di Country manager per l'Italia del customer service e di direttore commerciale customer service per la ...
Celanese bags Whirlpool's Best Supplier Award
Celanese Corporation, a global technology and specialty materials company, received Whirlpool's Best Supplier Award 2012/13 for outstanding performance on quality, delivery and customer service. Presented during the Whirlpool Latin America Supplier's ...