Jeep Customer Service

Jeep customer service is ranked #518 out of the 706 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 27.07 out of a possible 200 based upon 88 ratings. This score rates Jeep customer service and customer support as Terrible.

Terrible Overall Customer Service Rating
  • Viewing Jeep customer service complaints
  • I purchased a new 2006 wrangler rubicon and at 17,000 miles the camshaft went out. The dealer I purchased it at fixed it under warranty. At 39,000 miles it failed again. My original dealer was closed by Chrysler by then so I took it to a different one and they replaced it under a1 time courtesy . ( that's what Chrysler calls it ) They charged me $300.00 for that. Now i'm at 56,000 miles and the cam is shot again. The dealer says there is something wrong with the engine that has been causing the cams to fail. Their suggestion is that I purchase a new engine. I called Jeep customer service and was told they will not help in any way. If this is the way they stand behind their product then I want nothing to do with them. This is my 3rd Jeep and definitly my last. I work for a large major company that is a supplier for Chrysler vehicles and get a discount at times for their autos. I would'nt give them 1 penny of my money ever again and will pass the word with fellow employees that it"s best to stay away from Chryslers junk so they will not have to deal with these kind of problems either. I didn't think I would ever feel this way about Jeeps but in my case I didn't get what I paid for.

Anonymous 4/11/14 11:48AM
  • I turned to Jeep customer service for help on a dealer that took advantage on a sale. Jeep did nothing. The last person I spoke to was ignorant and rude. If I had to do it all over again I would never buy another Jeep product due to the worst customer service ever provided. There job is to help the consumer, all they did was run off any future purchases. I've purchased over 5 Jeep vehicles over the years, this is my last.

ME 4/9/14 1:43PM
  • Last Jeep I bought Grand Cherokee 1998. The last REAL Jeep. Chrysler has made the Jeep effeminate. . From rugged and rough to a car for teenaged girls. SUCKS!!! Go back to old shape and size!!

dedeco 4/6/14 6:13PM
  • my daughter has a 2008 jeep liberty with the sky rider r oof it whistles when you would go over 50mph two weeks ago driving down I95 going 65mph the entire roof blew off flapping in the breeze she went to a jeep dealer in her area and was told that she was liable and that it would cost at least $3,500.00 without labor costs the person waiting on her that he wouldn't pay to have it fix and to get rid of her car. I went on line and found out a lot of people are having the same problems as my daughter and jeep won't back up their product . this is my daughter's second jeep that she has bought . I 've found a site that is getting a class action suit together everyone is very disgusted how jeep is handling this situation you know that this product is poor and you don't want to own up to it because your talking serious money there won't be anymore jeeps bought in this household

Anonymous 3/30/14 7:00PM
  • My daughter has a 2011 Jeep Liberty that was brought to a Jeep dealer in Latham, NY. First of all they gave her a hard time about fixing it and then they charged her for a solunoid and never replaced it. She needs a vehicle for work. When we went back to the dealer to see why there were 2 different bills and why the part was not changed they told us to leave that we were thrown out and this was not so. They were so nasty and rotten about all of this but never once gave us our money back or fixed the vehicle. This will be the last Jeep she will buy. I have a Compass and have brought it to the same dealer 3 times for a part to be replaced and just found out they took the money but never once replaced the parts after I sat there each time for over 4 hours. They do not fix the vehicles just take the money. They are very bitter people and due to their action that will be the end of a purchase in that dealership.

anonymous 3/11/14 6:12AM
  • To Jeep Chairman and Board:We are asking that you'se at Jeep Corporation will expand your market and manufacturing in Australia the Land down under.
    Because you'se will have greater access to the Asian/Pacific markets of your competitors in Japan and South Korea.
    Because of distace you will not have far to ship your cars to these markets especially to the bamboo country as well(China).

As well you'se can pass this onto Ford your parent company for there making of 4 cylinder Mustangs as well.God willing!

On Jeep vehicles I am a Friend of The P.M and the Federal Government; We Welcome your expansion in Australia Down Under.
    Australia is a vast and rough country and the only way to get around is either Fly or by car and 4 cylinder 4 wheel drives
    Hope to see you'se at Jeep for you'se have been with Australia for a while from WW11 on and We The People like having Jeep here and looking forward to your expansion .God willing!

Archie Lea 3/3/14 4:05AM
  • The customer service department for Jeep Chrysler is a joke. Don't waste your time.
    I have a jeep liberty and have not even paid off my loan yet, have 47,000 miles and have replaced 5 window regulators. I have had it with Jeeps. They are not the same as they were before Chrysler took them over. My sister also had a liberty until 2 months ago and it went up in flames. No accident, just driving. Scary!

Anonymous 2/28/14 2:37PM
  • I puchased a used 2007 Jeep Commander last april. It has the Hemi engine, poor gas mileage, but still loved it. My battery light comes on and then goes off and then comes on again.. Last week i was driving it and the battery light came back on, then the skid control light came on , then the radio went off, then i got really hot in the cab. I was about two miles from my destination, so I kept driving. After about two minutes everything went back to normal. As i stopped at a red light i saw some smoke, but just assumed it was exhaust from the vehicle in front of me. So finishes on to my destination and pulled in. Then i did see smoke, I raised the hood and BAM...engine was on fire....tried spraying it with a fire extinguisher.. but the fire was under the cover on the engine. Needless to say..My Jeep burned to the ground....Thanks Jeep..this was my second jeep and my last....am i supposed to report this to someone?????

Tim 2/18/14 8:21AM
  • I recently recieved a notice in the mail that i had to get a required powertrain inspection on my 2008 jeep compass which the notice states in order to keep my powertrain warranty i have to take it to a jeep dealer. It also states it is a five year inspection but my jeep is six years old. Is this correct.

Anonymous 2/3/14 8:33AM
  • This is our view of our experience. It is only what we believe.
    My domestic partner has owned three jeeps. All new, all paid for in cash. 25 years of jeep loyalty. She went in for a tire rotation and oil change, based upon an invite from a licensed Jeep dealer, Napleton, in Chicago Metro.

The mechanic pulled the first tire and (must have clipped the brake line, I assume by accident, though we did not see him do it. Read on and make your own decision). He came out in a frantic manner and told my partner (50+ year old woman) "the last mechanic, who did your brakes, kinked the line. "It leaked into your tire" and "the fluid is all over the floor." The brakes were repaired 6 months earlier by a qualified and licensed shop. If there were a broken brake line, the Jeep Liberty, or any vehicle, would go about three blocks before the brakes would fail completely, the brake fluid would pump out like a severed artery - crash-boom.

No way could the line have been broken for 6 months. All the fluid was on the floor of the bay at Napleton's, where the car was up on a lift. In addition, how can brake fluid enter a pressurized tire? WTH? The manager of Napelton's, along with the mechanic, told my partner the most incredible series of fantastical stories about brakes. They made up a new set of physics, where fluid under pressure, will not leak out of a hole or tear in a metal brake line, until 6 months later, when the mechanic takes off the exact tire where the line was "kinked (mechanics word)" six months ago.

4 1/2 hours of her sitting in the shop, for a 25 minute tire rotation and oil change...and yes, Napleton charged my partner for the work to fix the brakes, which they broke. I called Jeep headquarters in Auburn Hills, MI. They said that they had sent a letter to Naptleton's manager and the area Jeep Manager 10 weeks earlier. "We are so sorry for your experience, they said". 10 weeks later, still no word. Today, Jeep says this is all they are required to do, but won't let us see the letter, or give the full name of the person who wrote it (Terry HF491), nor the persons it was sent to.

The subtext of message seems to be: Jeep is a good product, but they have at least one rip-off dealer who (In our opinion) cheated a woman and will not step up and fix their mistakes. Napleton's held our Jeep and would not allow my partner to leave, until they had effected a repair. If it was so dangerous to drive, how did she get there? How is it that 2 pints of brake fluid only leaked out at the dealership, and not a single drop on the garage floor, during 6 months? Really? Seems like extortion to me. I am not a lawyer, but I know how we feel about this experience.

It was not a terribly large amount of money. They could have been courteous, apologized and we would be buying a new Jeep next year. We will not buy from Napleton's, and maybe not a Jeep.

I asked who currently owns Jeep? Fiat. Go figure.

Jeep Strangler 1/28/14 9:44AM
  • On October 7, 2013 I purchased a new Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit from Holt Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram, 1111 Interstate 20 East, Arlington, Texas. On October 19, I contacted the GM Shawn Andrus and informed him that it seems like there is no way to contact their service department. I tried online and the only contact I had is a salesman trying to sell me a new vehicle even though I repeatedly told him that I just purchased a new vehicle and to stop calling me. No one from service contacted me. I also tried calling but no answer, so I left messages, no return calls. I was contacted the next day and given the excuse that there were problems with their voicemail.
    On November 22, I contacted Shawn again but also copied the owner. On November 8, I brought my Jeep in because I was having problems with my Navigation system, it reroutes me when Iím on the right road and tells me Iím on one road when Iím on another and other problems. So they did a recall update which did nothing. I was told to be there on November 18 at 8:30, since there is only one guy there that can download new software to see if it fixes the problem, when I got there they called him and he said he was 20 minutes out, so I waited. So finally I talked to Lisa at 10:30 and she said he never came in and they could not reach him. So again I wasted gas and took vacation time. Lisa told me that she expects to have a loaner by Wednesday and then I could just drop off the Jeep. Well never received a call, so I contacted Shawn on the 22nd. I was contacted the next day and was told they could get me a rental. So on the Friday before Thanksgiving week I brought in my Jeep, they provided me a rental, I informed them that I was going out of town on Thanksgiving and needed my Jeep back by Wednesday. I got a call on Wednesday to pick it up and Lisa informed me that they had to order a new radio; I informed her that I would be back on December 14. On the Thursday before I was coming back Lisa called and told me she needed a number off the radio so they order the right one, I told her I was surprised that they did not get it when they had my Jeep. So it had been about 3 weeks and they had not even order my new radio. She said she would call when it came in, today is January 18 and I am still waiting for my call.
    So on January 13, I contacted Shawn, the owner and another manager explaining the above item. They have ignored my complaint and do not even have any common courtesy to respond to me. This is the worse dealership that I have ever had to deal with I hope it is only this dealership and not the way Chrysler/Jeep treat their customers. Maybe I was spoiled I had a Toyota for 6 years and their service department, three different ones in three states, I received nothing but get service, they responded promptly and got me in and out promptly and provided a rental whenever I needed it.
    I will complain to whoever I have to until this is resolved.

mariondfw 1/18/14 5:11PM
    On November 22, I contacted Shawn again but also copied the owner. On November 8, I brought my Jeep in because I was having problems with my Navigation system, it reroutes me when I'm on the right road and tells me I'm on one road when I'm on another and other problems. So they did a recall update which did nothing. I was told to be there on November 18 at 8:30, since there is only one guy there that can download new software to see if it fixes the problem, when I got there they called him and he said he was 20 minutes out, so I waited. So finally I talked to Lisa at 10:30 and she said he never came in and they could not reach him. So again I wasted gas and took vacation time. Lisa told me that she expects to have a loaner by Wednesday and then I could just drop off the Jeep. Well never received a call, so I contacted Shawn on the 22nd. I was contacted the next day and was told they could get me a rental. So on the Friday before Thanksgiving week I brought in my Jeep, they provided me a rental, I informed them that I was going out of town on Thanksgiving and needed my Jeep back by Wednesday. I got a call on Wednesday to pick it up and Lisa informed me that they had to order a new radio; I informed her that I would be back on December 14. On the Thursday before I was coming back Lisa called and told me she needed a number off the radio so they order the right one, I told her I was surprised that they did not get it when they had my Jeep. So it had been about 3 weeks and they had not even order my new radio. She said she would call when it came in, today is January 18 and I am still waiting for my call.
    I will complain to whoever I have to until this is resolved.

mariondfw 1/18/14 5:06PM
  • By the way i bought my Grand Cherokee brand new in 2012 october, it broke down on the 07 May 2013 till the 05 Nov 2013, which simply mean i drove the car for 7 months. It almost killed me three times in Dec 2013 driving in the rain at speed lower than 100km/h. when i took it back to Cargo motors Bedfordveiw i was told it had brakes problems and the discs must be scheemed. When sharing this with my colleague who is driving a 2013 campass he confirmed to have experienced a similar problem. My question is if i have to scheem the discs on a car that travelled for 36000 km's what more in the next 2years? I have a doubt if the materials used to make this cars are worth the price we pay for!

moloko 1/13/14 5:57AM
  • I am a very unhappy cutomer, when my car broke down on the 07th May 2012 i was told that if i dont have a credit card i wont qualify for a vehicle, my car was in for 6 full months waiting for anew engine. When the engine was fixed i learnt that the dealership scratched my car, as if that was enough. The back luggage cover was missing, the light sensors were not properly fitted, the covers below the front fendor above the wheels were missing. Today i learnt thate the bonnet latching mechanism is actually not the original part of my car!!!! Cargo Mottors Bedford view is bad news. To all potential customers run as far as you can from these scavengers!!!!!!! I am pissed off!

moloko 1/13/14 5:48AM
  • I bought a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee in May 2008. I was very happy with my purchase until in May 2013 I noticed the paint peeling on the roof just above the windshield. I reported the problem to the dealership (Colorado Jeep) who supposedly sent pictures of the damage to Chrysler. They denied any claim based on the fact that the vehicle was out of warranty due to being over 5 years old. However, I only had 31,000 miles on it. The body shop I went to refused to work on it because it was a factory defect and my insurance refused to pay for repainting. I went back to the dealership and they wanted nothing to do with me. I found an article posted in May 2011 about another 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (same color as mine) that had an identical problem and Chrysler refused to take responsibility. Same on Chrysler for not standing by their product.

Anonymous 12/27/13 9:41AM
  • I recently bought my used 2003 jeep grand Cherokee from a dealer and the air bag light was on... I figured it was probably a sensor or something small and that I could just get it fixed, I googled it and found out this was a recall problem! So I made an appointment with my nearest Chrysler dealership and they informed me that the part has not been made yet.... So I get to drive my jeep around not knowing when or if my airbags are just going to randomly deploy!!! I'm not complaining about a recall on something small, I could hurt someone or myself if the airbags go off while I'm driving down the road!!!! This is insane the recall is a year old and nobody has the part for it?!? Then put us jeep owners in a rental or replace the whole damn system!!!! Chrysler is going to loose a lot of valued customers by making them feel like their safety isn't important!

Cortney 12/6/13 12:04PM
  • July 27,2013 we purchased a brand new 2014 Jeep compass. We have had nothing but problems with this vehicle including horrible wind noise. It litterally sounds like your doors are open even at 20 mph. Also the Uconnect system is a JOKE....

Anonymous 11/26/13 4:18PM
  • We bought a new 2011 Jeep Wrangler Saharain January 2011. After a few months we began hearing a noise I describe as a windy sound from the door. We brought our Jeep to Mark's Casa Chrysler Jeep (from whom we had purchased the vehicle.) After inspection we were told that they fixed the problem. We were told that the door latch was too narrow for the door lock and that a strip of tape was used to thicken the width of the latch. The service man laughed and joked that he used genuine MOPAR elec tape. We were also told that this method of repair was memoed to Jeep delers. When questioned about how soon there would be a permanent fix, we were then told they would advise. Every few months we have to wrap tape. When we paid over $36,000 for a vehicle, tape is not acceptable. We would appreciate a response!!! We have made several calls to the dealer who have failed to respond and a few trips to this Albuquerque dealership has brought no results.

Anonymous 11/15/13 8:35PM
  • Hello, I also have a Jeep issue.I bought a used Jeep two years ago from a Jeep dealer in Tawas Michigan that showed me a carfax and told me nothing was wrong with the Jeep.For the first year I had to keep returning it because the front floorboards would fill up with water everytime it rained. Now I am told that the rear differential has burned up and ruined my driveshaft and trans and other components at a price of $3500 and that they wouldn't do anything to help me because of the age (2007) and mileage (75,000). My husband has a Ford Expedition with 150,000 miles on it and has never had this kind of problem.I was told that the problem has been going on for years and should have been caught with regular oil changes. Funny, for years?! I have only had it for two and I was told when I dropped it off for repairs that there were no leaks. Feeling pretty ripped off right now.I will never buy another Jeep product.My husband is disabled and I am a full time student in nursing school with no car to get there right now without leaving my husband stranded with no ride to Dr. appts or anywhere else. sometimes life really sucks and so does Jeep!

Sandy Madden 10/29/13 3:44PM
  • In 2010 I purchased a 2008 Jeep Liberty used because I had a friend who had owned jeeps before and had no repair issues with them at all. In the 3 years I have owned this vehicle, I have had to replace the radiator and water pump, the drive shaft, and the ENGINE! I now still owe more on the vehicle than its Blue Book value. I feel like I have the worst lemon on earth and will never purchase another Jeep!

TBIsing 10/17/13 4:02PM
  • Hello Want To Buy A Jeep Compass. Well I Don't Know.
    The Other Day I Looked At One . The Door Post Section That
    Has Black Tape Had Bubble Blisters . Don't Any One Check
    The Jeeps When They Go Out The Door. I May Buy One ....
    I Am Thinking Long And Hard. Jeep People Get With The Program.

BUY AMERICAN ? 10/17/13 4:29AM
  • I own a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee, I ordered and received a set of manuals for the vehicle. The manuals dealt with things like GPS, Blue Tooth and other bells and whistles. I had a fog light burn out and opened the owners manual to get the type of bulb needed and directions on how to replace it. No such information existed in the manual. I contacted the dealer for information and was told to bring it in and they could change the bulb for me at a cost of $75.00 (seventy five dollars per bulb). When customer service was contacted at I was told to take the vehicle to a dealer to have the bulb replaced that they had no technical knowledge. I then requested a phone number of someone who had "Technical Knowledge" and was told they did not have such a number and said I should take the vehicle to a dealer to replace the bulb. The dealer service was no help, except for replacing the bulb at a cost of $75.00, Customer care was no help except to direct me to a dealer to have the bulb changed and apparently Jeep has no technicians with the knowledge of how to change a light bulb. Additionally, the bulb number PSX24W, listed in the user guide for the vehicle could not be cross referenced by any auto parts store. This means I could not even purchase a new bulb if I wanted to replace it myself. I've owned two other Jeeps besides my current vehicle. I doubt that I will buy another and know I will not recommend the vehicle to others.

Anonymous 10/11/13 11:31AM
  • 2006 jeep cherokee larado, door handles on all doors are cracked. Plastic is cheap and can no longer open drivers door from inside jeep will not help with cost of a new door panel....American quality once again...

Anonymous 10/7/13 9:08AM
  • purchased a Jeep Compass on May 25,2013 and have had nothing but a huge headache and what seems to be like never ending problems with the vehicle.
    The car has been in the shop 4 times in the short time I've owned the car. Taking care of the issues with the vehicle, has cause me trouble at my place of employment because I am constantly on the phone dealing with this on company time and my boss is now upset. I have been late to work 5 times since I purchased the vehicle because it needed to get repaired.

I am a single mom and feel like I was sold a lemon and fear for the safety of my child and myself. they have tightened the torque and subframe, replaced the gear rack and pinion. The car has less than 5,000 miles and I do not feel that I should have this aggravation and nightmare with a car that I paid over $20,000.

Liz 9/30/13 9:01AM
  • We are so angry we just want to publisize this matter so everyone knows what jeep is making here.

jeanice strength 9/11/13 4:18PM
  • I just purchased a 2010 4dr wrangler sport from Airpark Chrysler in Scottsdale, AZ. the sticker on the windshield listed year, make, model, color, 4wd, 4dr, vin#,and many accesories including power locks and cruise control. I could not find any power locks. the salesman and the sales manager crawled all over it looking for them to no avail. No problem, didn't really want them anyway.
    the next day I went looking for the cruise control and found none. I was not happy and planned to go back tomorrow and complain. Later that night i noticed a disclaimer that states options listed above may or may not be equipped in this vehicle. Now I can only be angry with myself for not reading everything before signing.
    I told them the next day. (two days after sale) I realize i'm screwed, it's my fault, I love the jeep, but don't expect me to recommend this place to others. Why would you fluff this for a sale? Your not selling gas efficiency. Jeeps are not green. your not selling a sports car. jeeps are not speedy. your not selling a family/soccermom car.
    This is a wrangler. throw a few logs in front of a brick wall so my bumper clears and i can drive this thing strait up the wall till it flips over if i want too. I once saw a guy roll his jeep over on the driver side. He cut the wheel hard, stompted on the gas, and flipped it back on its wheels again and drove on up the trail. look it up. it's on utube. Lying about extras is just dumb and poor buisiness.
    Finance Manager Brian Holzner and Finance Director Bradly Johnson sat me down, told me they have another company that looks over the cars/trucks and does the stickers. (I knew this already as thier logo is on the sticker.) They seemed genuinly bothered by this.
    They installed cruise control in my Jeep for free and gave me a loaner. They had no legal obligation or reason to do this other than top notch customer support. They could easly have said"too bad, so sad, good by." I love my jeep and will buy my next one from them.
    I left that place speachless.

i'llsquashyourprius 12/2/11 11:55PM
  • I love my new Jeep, great product, goes thru anything. Fantastic service from my local dealer, quick in and always delivered on time as promised. No problems here with customer service!

pamoutainman 10/17/11 5:50AM

Check out these popular comparisons of Jeep customer service versus other companies:
Jeep vs. Acura
Jeep vs. Subaru
Jeep vs. Suzuki
Jeep vs. Toyota
Jeep vs. Volvo
Authorized representatives of Jeep can sign up to reply to any of the comments found on this page.

Customer Assistance
800-992-1997
Jeep customer service phone number including steps to reach representatives, hours of operation, customer support links and more from ContactHelp.com.

Complete Jeep customer service phone numbers and contact information at ContactHelp.com

Locate the Jeep corporate office headquarters phone number, address and more at CorporateOfficeOwl.com.

Jeep corporate office headquarters information at CorproateOfficeOwl.com

Get immediate support for your Jeep questions from HelpOwl.com.

Receive immediate support for Jeep at HelpOwl.com

View thousands of Jeep user reviews and customer ratings available at ReviewOwl.com.

Jeep reviews and ratings at ReviewOwl.com

Jeep Manuals
Find free Jeep manuals and user guides available at ManualOwl.com.

Free Jeep manuals and user guides at ManualOwl.com

Mild to Wild Rafting & Jeep Trail Tours Celebrates 20 Years of Whitewater ...
Offering whitewater rafting, inflatable kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, Jeep trail expeditions, Mesa Verde National Park tours and Durango train packages, Mild to Wild Rafting & Jeep Trails Tours strives for the best in customer service with an†...
Humes Chrysler Jeep Dodge and Ram Named 5th Highest Ranked Dealer in ...
Chrysler Corporation has just announced the names of the top performing dealers for the regional mid-Atlantic business center area and nationally for overall customer service excellence. There are two separate awards one for sales excellence and one ...
2005 Jeep Wrangler - LJ Resurrection: Part 4
As a testament to its customer service, a call to the folks at G2 Axle & Gear had the problem rectified, and the appropriate replacement parts en route quicker than Honey Boo-Boo's mom to a plate of biscuits 'n' gravy. No harm, no foul. Our approach ...