nTelos Customer Service

nTelos customer service is ranked #349 out of the 706 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 34.76 out of a possible 200 based upon 72 ratings. This score rates nTelos customer service and customer support as Disappointing.

• Viewing nTelos customer service complaints
  • this company is horrible. Lie, cheat and steal and hide behind words like
    recovery charge is fed taxes.. lie it is them recouping outside of monthly charges for fees that they are passing on to cust by hiding behind fed tax, government mandated...lol Not true. Promised us a bill for 188 plus tax for service for 4 smartphone but not .. overcharging by 60 monthly

krg 3/10/14 8:23AM

customerfirst 3/11/14 5:32AM

• I have been with ntelos for 1 1/2 years now. I have nothing but problems with this company! First off costumer service repserentives are rude and lie for no reason.. I have asked ntelos to send my bill to my home over and over again. But every time I call in at first they said they we're sending to email I told them to stop sending it to my email sending it to me. I just told them to take email all off my account. So then today i talk to them they said that us postal system has to update their system from theirs to ensure my address meets the us postal service standers that's why it's taking them so long to send me a bill. I told them to disconnect my line then they tell I can't? Ntelos can't force me to keep my phone on.. No would disconnect my phone. Ntelos is the worst cell phone company I've ever had! I wouldn't recommend ntelos to a talking pig!

Kay 1/29/14 3:43AM
    Official company reply

My name is Judy and I am customer service representative with Ntelos. I would like the opportunity to assist you with your Ntelos account. Please send an email to customerfirst@ntelos.com with your account information and I would be happy to assist you. You are correct! We cannot make you keep your account open. If you wish to cancel you may. I would prefer to see if I can help you with your problems. No representative should ever be rude to a customer!

customerfirst 1/29/14 8:24AM

• Please explain the charge - (regulator cost recovery fee??) and why? $3.20

Thanks

Anonymous 1/23/14 8:24AM
    Official company reply

My name is Judy and I am customer service representative with Ntelos. On page 2 of our bills you'll see the description: "REGULATORY COST RECOVERY FEE: nTelos Regulatory Cost Recovery Fee
    (RCR) and Universal Service Fee (USF) are related to the recovery of
    government mandated regulatory programs and taxes, including Wireless
    Number Portability and Universal Service Programs for all customers. These
    surcharges are not taxes on you or amounts we are required to collect from
    you by law. The amounts, and the components used to calculate the
    surcharge amounts, are subject to change." If you have any further questions, please send an email to customerfirst@ntelos.com with your account information and I would be happy to assist you.

customerfirst 1/24/14 1:50PM

• Just got the call threatening to disconnect my son's phone for too much data use!! Yet I'm on an unlimited plan and nationwide. Learned my lesson, lower price equals BS service and threats. I've NEVER had a company threaten me before!!!! Uncalled for and I will never renew or recommend Ntelos to my worst enemy.

Anonymous 1/15/14 2:59PM

customerfirst 1/17/14 11:56AM

• Ntelos Sucks! They Are Rude And Inconsiderate!! I Regret Switching Companies.

Anonymous 11/26/13 5:35AM
    Official company reply

My name is Judy and I am customer service representative with Ntelos. I would like the opportunity to assist you with your Ntelos account. Please send an email to customerfirst@ntelos.com with your account information and I would be happy to assist you. I do apologize if someone was rude to you. That should never happen and I will look into this for you if you will email me.

customerfirst 12/8/13 6:04AM

• How come I sent a phone back that was insured to Assurion and they sent me back a phone that doesn't come close to the amount or quality that I sent them. I understand NTELOS doesn't have the newest equipment but now I am stuck with a phone that sucks compared to the one i sent them. I should have been given the opportunity to replace with a newer phone at a cost minus my insurance plan.

geneyus1971 9/30/13 12:13PM
    Official company reply

My name is Judy and I am customer service representative with Ntelos. I would like the opportunity to assist you with your Ntelos account. We may be able to do an insurance escalation. Please send an email to customerfirst@ntelos.com with your account information and I would be happy to look into it for you.

customerfirst 10/7/13 9:13AM

• i too been with them for a few years(3/4)they totally suck when trying to call them,and god forbid you have your own phone that works and you flashed it properly they tell you they cant do it over the phone you must go to a store which is totally UNTRUE because iv'e done it numerous times for people,what exactly does the store do that i cant?i go to the store to humor them and they still don't know wtf they are doing,i have to call back numerous times until i get a rep who understands and actually does what i ask of them.i love how the rep today was acting like she was a detective and instead of making the sale i flashed the customer to page plus which she was very happy with.seriously do u care to make a sale or argue with me over nonsense.i am more then capable of doing exactly what they do as i have the same software and flashed phone to them that they still don't carry because they are usually 1-3 years behind all other carriers with their phone line up.i have done numerous s2 s3 s4 razrm etc so why not do what people ask and if the service don't work its on them not you so whats the problem?

Anonymous 9/12/13 8:52PM
    Official company reply

My name is Judy and I am customer service representative with Ntelos. Devices are configured for specific networks. In order to use another carriers phone on the nTelos network, it must be "flashed" putting nTelos software on it. This prevents roaming and data issues. By asking you to take your phone to a store, the representative is trying to help you avoid problems. I would like the opportunity to assist you with your Ntelos account. Please send an email to customerfirst@ntelos.com with your account information and I would be happy to assist you.

customerfirst 9/15/13 11:28AM

• ntelos is a terrible company. I use them because I cant afford anything else. I have been using ntelos for about 4 years and it has continually gotten worse with every "upgrade" they have went through. When I first got their service it was really good. 4 years later I regularly steer friends and family away from them. used to have whole family at ntelos but they have all had me cancel their phones. Im the only one left out of 5 still using ntelos. My service is spotty at best. I have all unlimited as well as hotspot feature. Well expect to have to reset your phone 3 times (about 30 mins of work) to get 10 minutes of unstable internet before your connection crashes and takes your phone with it. When (after 3-10mins) your connection crashes and effectively locks up your phone u try to turn off hotspot and it wont turn off. the only thing u can do is turn on airplane mode and wait on the forced power cycle. I have called 3 times today because I couldn't send text messages. They said no my service is working fine! .....Really? No its not u stupid person I know because I have the d_nm phone and im trying to send text and its not working. basically calling me a lier? Then after all the its u not us sh_t they said maybe my phone is malfunctioning and should have it serviced. I told them it was serviced 3 months ago and they were like uhh maybe it needs it again. I told them there is nothing wrong with my phone it is their sevice causing device conflicts and that I will go pay full retail and buy a brand new Galaxy S3 if they will guarantee me I wont have these problems. They would not. They want me to send my phone in and wont give me a loaner until its "fixed" And as for buying a new 600.00 GS3 they said if I bought it took it home and experienced the same problems that I would have to send that phone off too! even though it would be brand new they refuse to acknowledge something is wrong with or could be wrong with their networks and operating systems no matter what kind of proof u offer them. To the customer service Rep reading this I hope u keep your job options open because hear me when I tell u ntelos is on their way out. With ntelos operating like this your going to be out of a job very soon. But don't worry the owner will be fine he has millions on top of millions and could care less. Good luck :-)

Nahi Alasdi 8/27/13 12:22AM
    Official company reply

My name is Judy and I am customer service representative with Ntelos. I would like the opportunity to assist you with your Ntelos account. I can assure you Sir/Madam that no one would ever call you a liar. We would like the opportunity to trouble shoot your issues. Please send an email to customerfirst@ntelos.com with your account information and I would be happy to assist you. Or you may call in from a different phone to work with Tech Support.

customerfirst 8/28/13 10:16AM

• I paid my cell phone bill on time and in the middle of the month it gets cut off because they said it was fraud but who called in a fraud? Don't know but it wasn't me. I;m very pissed because I'm looking for a job and they have no way of contacting me. Then they told me to go into a Ntelos store to pay bill like I got money like that.

Lady K 8/26/13 3:25PM
    Official company reply

My name is Judy and I am customer service representative with Ntelos. I do apologize this happened but this is NOT an nTelos Wireless issue. If a payment is sent back to us it's because the bank said there is fraud. Please send an email to customerfirst@ntelos.com with your account information and I would be happy to assist you.

customerfirst 8/28/13 8:30AM

• Ntelos could not provide a 32GB Iphone 5 to my daughter. The company doesn't keep the necessary stock to support the customers. They say that 4G is coming this year in most places. They will lie and tell you that all smartphones they sell are 4G capable, when they have only one, the Iphone 5.

The sales rep talked her into a refurbished 64GB 4S. She was replacing a 32GB 4S that was junk from the time she received it. I had to buy out the contract The sales rep at there great VA Headquarters insured her that the phone had a one year Apple warranty. It does not have any warranty at all from Apple. You can't even get Applecare on it. IT IS LESS THAN 14 DAYS, YOU WILL GET IT BACK AND THANKS FOR TELLING MY DAUGHTER SHE CANNOT GET ANOTHER IPHONE a$$ES, BECAUSE YOU LIED TO HER, FALSIFIED EVERYTHING TO HER ABOUT THE PHONE.

I talked with everyone from sales, customer service and a supervisor. Your $hit soes stink all the way around.

I will tell you we have been with Ntelos, for more than 12 years. I have told my wife I will not pay for anymore upgrades or continue service once these contracts are finished. If she wants it she can pay for it.

IF YOU SEE KAY NTELELOS

TECHIE 8/25/13 12:29PM

customerfirst 8/28/13 10:20AM

• Ntelos drops calls to often. I am dropping people becuase it seems like the phone always wants to be on the sprint network, so when i make a call and it uses teh verizon network it will drop the call to switch back to the sprint network. This is getting old. I lost service on 4 times then I made a call with my onstar phone in the car which uses the Verizon network and talked just fine. This needs to be fixed

tman3 8/9/13 7:53AM
    Official company reply

My name is Judy and I am customer service representative with Ntelos. I would like the opportunity to assist you with your Ntelos account. Have you worked with Tech Support? Please send an email to customerfirst@ntelos.com with your account information and I would be happy to assist you.

customerfirst 8/9/13 12:58PM

• I got a cell phone at one of their stores and was given a price for the plan I wanted. When the first bill came in it was $20 a month more than the guy at the store told me it would be. Called them and got run around and that the bill was correct. I am stuck with the thing for two years but they will not get me a second time.

Dyna 7/15/13 3:00PM

customerfirst 7/20/13 11:04AM

• Very very very unhelpful company! Not at all customer friendly. Basically call you a lier when you dispute what was discussed in prior complaints.

Anonymous 7/9/13 6:43AM
    Official company reply

My name is Judy and I am customer service representative with Ntelos. I do apologize you had that kind of experience. I would like the opportunity to assist you with your Ntelos account. Please send an email to customerfirst@ntelos.com with your account information and I would be happy to assist you.

customerfirst 7/9/13 1:24PM

• Ntelos is a rip off. When your paying $130 a month for 1 phone it just seems it's out of hand. I will not be paying this bill anymore. They are just scammers. You can get 2 phone for $130 a month any where else. I think ntelos should be bought out or just go out of business

Lester44 6/3/13 3:15PM

customerfirst 6/8/13 4:31AM

• Service is spotty. If you live in the city, I guess it's "ok". Data is inconsistent, but you get what you pay for and for the price it's ok. You get away from the city areas though and you are in trouble. My biggest complaint is there is no proration of the ETF. Almost all carriers prorate this fee, but not Ntelos. I find this to be an unacceptable practice, especially when the EFT fee costs more than your months of service. So I'm stuck with them for now due to the fact I would have $700 worth of ETF charges even though I'm the majority of the way through my contract. I will only go with companies that prorate from now on. I believe you have something to hide when you don't prorate.

Lamanzo25 6/1/13 10:31AM

customerfirst 6/8/13 4:31AM

• Horrible!! 2 1/2 hrs to take one smart phone off a plan that we've had for years along with 4 other phones. That's five phones all together on a family plan. We took one phone off and bought 4 new phones and a new plan. 2 1/2 hrs! They still got it wrong. numbers on two phones mixed up, didn't block all the lines from the internet and charged us $102.00 for 3 internet conections the next day! I addressed it with them that next day and they worked it out I could just buy a smart phone plan for one more month instead. Thanks, but it not being blocked was her fault and the numbes being mixed up. While addressing that, they took 3 hours to download numbers and pic's off ONE phone,didn't even finish that and I still had two (only) more phones to go. So, Taking 1 smartphone off a family plan of 5 phones total and buying a new plan and phones have taken 6 hours so far and I still need to transfer info on two phones plus the one they didn't finsh before. This was the Lynchburg,Va. store at Gravesmill shopping center. This WILL be the last year with Ntelos.

no more 5/24/13 9:22AM

customerfirst 5/25/13 4:35AM

• I got an Milestone 3..as a gift for early Birthday Gift / Mothers Day gift.. referred by customer service..paid 149.00..was told that price was not going to go down,,,Now it's offered at 99.00. Don't appreciate the misleading for a purchase..its only been a 2 week time span. Now they wont even credit or make any offer to make it right. Plus they explained that it was a decent phone for pictures..as for my experience it doesn't have good photos or the ringer is not very loud. Again very dissatisfied with Ntelos!!!!!!!!!! ;(

Crystal Jackson 5/21/13 7:27PM

customerfirst 5/24/13 6:21AM

• Having been a customer of nTelos since they began, I can honestly say I have never been satisfied with their service. However The past three months has been a true example of why I would happily drop them.
    I H a phone, the Script. The screen went black, while I was in FL. I called and was told nothing could be done while I was out of town. Ok. I came back and went to a store...was told they are sales only...go to a different store. I went...all total, to three different stores. Was told to call about replacing the phone with insurance. (That has been dutifully paid since we opened our original account.) Another week of playing the "not my office...call this one."
    Finally after weeks of this. (And having no phone that works. It did ring...sometimes. But, to answer was a gamble. Any way. After weeks of this, finally get someone at the 'insurance' office, who directed me to take it into the store to verify it was actually broken. Back to the 'not this store...go here.'
    Finally ...finally get insurance person who isn't quite certain what we want. I say very simply ' a working phone'. She then says...my phone has been discontinued. I ask for the next upgrade...after a while...I'm told that has been discontinued as well. We play this game for about an hour. At which point she informs me that IF I upgrade to the current 'replacement' I will have to pay store price for it. And suggests I just go to the web site and order one that's on special. So.... back into the customer service garbage heap again. Finally in frustration... over my very loud objections...my husband replaces my phone...but only by getting a new two year contract. I was absolutely in tears. Two more years of this.
    The phone arrived. It took two days to activate it. Finally activated and silly me looked for ringtones...simple. Nope. Not with nTelos. Brew is gone. Thumplay is supported by my phone through direct down load...only through internet download. Great. I call.
    I don't have a smart phone. I don't have a Blackberry. I DON"T want the internet on my phone. (Not reliable with nTelos anyway...so why get it.) During my call I find out that I and my entire household have UNLIMITED TEXT, TALK, AND DATA! After laughing hysterically I asked why? Hmmm. To use the internet of course. Intersting...since my husband has a cell that barely takes pictures. Old clamshell ...basic. My son has a texting phone. and I specifically looked for one that wasn't a smart phone. So that three out of the four that are not enabled for DATA. The last is a droid...which because of the service doesn't connect...on it's best days. And the icing...I'm in Hampton Roads...depending on which side of the desk I sit my phone on...I'm roaming.
    I think my best option at this point is to turn my phone off...use it as a paperweight...and go to a burn phone.

Tzech77@aol.com 5/16/13 1:22PM
    Official company reply

My name is Bridget and I am a customer service representative with Ntelos. I would like the opportunity to assist you with your Ntelos account. Please send an email to customerfirst@ntelos.com with your account information and I would be glad to resolve this for you.

customerfirst 5/17/13 8:58AM

• This is a company specifically created to prey on the military. You can only purchase the service within the Hampton Roads/Virginia Beach area, and it's only good within Virgina and parts of some neighboring states. They claim a nationwide plan and that you will get coverage anywhere in America, but it's a lie. Once I moved to Maryland for work after separating from the military I dropped all internet capability. When I called to complain and ask what could be done they told me that it wasn't their fault, and that they are only liable for the service within Virginia. Then they told me it would be $350 a piece for my smart phones and $175 for the flip phone. I went as long as I could go, but after no longer being able to work without dropping a call multiple times I finally went back to Verizon. I called to cancel the phone lines and was told by the representative that "the most we can do" was take $150 off each line. While the $450 dollars off is appreciated, I was lied to in order to switch to this company who preys on the military members who live in the area. To add to the "fun," I have to return the phones. When I asked what they would do in the case of a military member they told me "we only cancel phone lines for members deploying or taking orders in another country" which is completely illegal. After a year of phones falling apart, more calls dropped in a day than my entire 8 years with Verizon, and horrible customer service full of incompetence and lies I have finally paid the $1,000.00 to change to a service worth having. Goodbye and good riddance!

Anonymous 5/13/13 11:37AM
    Official company reply

Dear Sir or Madam. My name is Judy and I am customer service representative with Ntelos. I want to assure you that nTelos does care about our military personnel and offers many programs for their benefit. I would like the opportunity to review your nTelos account. Please send an email to customerfirst@ntelos.com with your account information and I will be happy to assist you.

customerfirst 5/15/13 6:33AM

• WORST INTERNET EVER! UNLIMITED MY ASS!. I was with boost for 2 years until they pulled out of WV. Boosts unlimited internet DID NOT SLOW DOWN NO MATTER HOW MUCH I USED IT. Apparently with Ntelos you are limited on how much you use. I even recieved a message saying ive over used my internet on a unlimited plan. Now my phone is super slow and youtube is out of the question and my messages are failing and calls are being dropped. Boost never did this and was reliable and kept working grwat no matter how much internet I used. Also when iI got my phone I had to put it on HOME ONLY because it was set to any and I was roaming. Ntelos SUCKS!

Anonymous 5/4/13 11:26AM

customerfirst 5/6/13 11:34AM

• I Currently Have 3 Phones On My Account Which Only Two Out Of Three Are Being Used. Ive Been Paying The Phone Bill For 3 Months On A Line That No One Uses Without Missing A Payment I Called To Speak To A Representative And Instead Of Them Being Helpful All They Said Was I Would Need To Find Someone To Get The Phone Or Pay 300 To Break The Contract On The Line I Mean Really Theres No Phone Only A Phone Number That No One Is Using There Has Been No Account Activity For 90 Days Ntelos Is Ridiculous And I Would Never Recommend Another Person To This Company The Service Sucks From Employees And Drops Calls Like Crazy Im Thinking About Just Not Paying For Any Of The Phones Any More And Just Let Them Cut The Phones Off

ANONYMOUS 5/2/13 2:17PM

customerfirst 5/3/13 6:03AM

• Ntelos sent negative comments on our credit report While we still have them as a customer. We have been dealing with Ntelos for 6 years and have never been late on a payment!

dstraid 4/12/13 12:47PM

customerfirst 4/13/13 4:50AM

• I bought 3 phones and was told they were good any where. Wronggg. I called and asked for help I was told to buy street phone at any corner. In peru they are expensive and no twitter nor facebook.
    My wife is in Peru for 2 more months and she is pissed, no face book twitter NOT GOOD.. Buy out, $350 each. NOT GOOD

trinity 4/2/13 7:56AM

customerfirst 4/5/13 3:06AM

• I am a first time user with netlos I went on the account page and made a mistake and hit the calendar my bill wasn't do until april 7th now my phone is cut off because they said they couldn't fix it so they wanted me to pay an extra 37.25 for my bill I really don't think that was fair.SO now I have a phone that I cant use.

love29 3/29/13 5:05PM

customerfirst 4/5/13 3:06AM

• I have heard it all!! They are terminating my husbands phone because "He Roams to much." This is the stupidest thing i have ever heard of. We pay for nationwide coverage and they are giving us 24 hours to find a new company, and if we return the phones WE purchased they won't charge us an equipment fee. oh, and their gift to us for being such good customers......no early termination fees for canceling early!!! WE DIDN'T"T BREAK THE CONTRACT, THEY DID!!! No notice, no warning, just BAM DONE!!! Our contract is almost 2 years old and almost over. It sounds to me as if NTelos has has just gotten to greedy for their own good. Force everyone into overpriced data contracts and screw over the ones that don't want it.

mamadee 3/14/13 5:37AM
    Official company reply

My name is Moneque and I am customer service representative with Ntelos. I would like the opportunity to assist you with your Ntelos account. Please send an email to customerfirst@ntelos.com with your account information and I would be happy to assist you

customerfirst 3/15/13 4:45AM

• great service!! She did what I needed in 2 minutes!!!! I left GREAT feedback

stephanilynn27 6/2/12 4:09AM
    Official company reply

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and thank you for choosing nTelos! If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to call us at 877.468.3567 or email customerfirst@ntelos.com.

customerfirst 6/6/12 7:45AM

• I have been with Ntelos since they started here, many years ago. I think they do a pretty good customer service job either by phone or in the store they have been helpful. My only problem is the choice of phones available.

Anonymous 3/3/12 9:05AM
    Official company reply

We appreciate your comments and thank you for choosing Ntelos. If you need any further assistance please call us at 1-877-468-3567 or email us at customerfirst@ntelos.com.

customerfirst 3/5/12 6:45AM

• great customer service. They took care of my problem quickly and with ease, very friendly.

Anonymous 9/12/11 7:51PM

customerfirst 1/16/12 9:54AM

• NTELOS HAS BY FAR BEEN THE BEST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD WITH A CELL PHONE COMPANY. NOT ONLY ARE THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES LOCAL AND NOT OVERSEAS WHERE YOU CAN BARELYE UNDERSTAND THEM AND THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE SAYING! THEY ARE DEFINITELY THE BEST IN WIRELESS. THERE ISN'T ANYWHERE ELSE YOU CAN GO AND GET THE SERVICES FOR THE PRICE. THEY ARE SERIOUSLY LAUNCHING SOME FABULOUS PHONES AS WELL. I WOULD RATE MY EXPERIENCE WITH NTELOS A 10 OUT OF 10. I ALWAYS TELL MY FRIENDS ABOUT THEM AND SERIOUSLY WHAT DO YOU REALLY HAVE TO LOSE THEY GIVE YOU A 60 DAY TRIAL PERIOD TO SEE IF YOU EVEN LIKE THE SERVICE. NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK NTELOS. WE LOVE YOU!

Anonymous 2/17/11 9:39AM

customerfirst 1/16/12 9:55AM

Check out these popular comparisons of nTelos customer service versus other companies:
nTelos vs. AT&T Wireless
nTelos vs. Boost Mobile
nTelos vs. Comcast
nTelos vs. Sprint - Nextel
nTelos vs. Straight Talk
nTelos vs. T-Mobile
nTelos vs. US Cellular
Authorized representatives of nTelos can sign up to reply to any of the comments found on this page.

877-468-3567
nTelos customer service phone number including steps to reach representatives, hours of operation, customer support links and more from ContactHelp.com.

Complete nTelos customer service phone numbers and contact information at ContactHelp.com

Locate the nTelos corporate office headquarters phone number, address and more at CorporateOfficeOwl.com.

nTelos corporate office headquarters information at CorproateOfficeOwl.com

Get immediate support for your nTelos questions from HelpOwl.com.

Receive immediate support for nTelos at HelpOwl.com

View thousands of nTelos user reviews and customer ratings available at ReviewOwl.com.

nTelos reviews and ratings at ReviewOwl.com

nTelos misses mark in quartly earnings
Hyde said Ntelos continues to see strong performance in all areas of its business and is focused on retail and customer service. Hyde said by focusing on the high-value customers, Ntelos can drive value for the long-term for investors. He said 71 ...
SecureIT Mobile Device Security Now Protecting nTelos Customers
Based in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, SecurityCoverage's mission is to simplify the use of technology and provide world class customer service. Known for award winning digital security, data protection, and exceptional support services, SecurityCoverage secures ...
B2B Soft On Board for nTelos Dinner Cruise Awards Celebration Aboard the ...
Wireless Standard's customizable and modular platform helps dealers offer a superior customer service experience by making everything from handset selection to device protection a breeze. With it retailers benefit from increased efficiency from faster ...