Koodo Customer Service

Koodo customer service is ranked #369 out of the 706 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 33.69 out of a possible 200 based upon 52 ratings. This score rates Koodo customer service and customer support as Disappointing.

• Viewing Koodo customer service complaints
  • Called Koodo this morning, requested English and was answered in French. When I advised the agent Linda in Montreal's customer service center) that I had requested English she did not answer. When I said 'hello?' she hung up on me. Then I called back, requested English and was again answered in French. I asked to file a complaint regarding the fist agent who had hung up on me for being English and they told me there were no supervisors available, or on site, (Baloney) and told me the system was down so nobody could identify the agent with whom I had spoken. I advised I knew there were supervisors on site and available, so after asking about 5 times, I finally had one take the phone.

The supervisor, Frederick, advised me that the offensive agent, Linda, could not be identified for a formal complaint. I was also told he would not take any complaint but told me someone could call me later to file a complaint and that no information to identify Linda would be given. Not the office location, a first initial of her last name nor her employee number. I asked them to give me any info that would allow me to identify her in a formal complaint, They refused to give me any, but gave me RIDICULOUS excuses why they could not.

For instance, I could use the employee number to illicitly perform actions while under the guise of being an employee named 'Linda', although I would not know my own last name while masquerading as Linda. Then the address was withheld in case I barged into their call center and hurt someone. When I pointed out that I was certain they had an electronic pass-card security system to prevent this, he started telling me that people are even able to BREAK INTO PRISONS, bypassing security systems like theirs. WHO BREAKS INTO A PRISON....AND WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ME WANTING TO IDENTIFY A RUDE EMPLOYEE IN A COMPLAINT?

Really KOODO, if you want to lose your customers, and I am a five year customer with over $115 in monthly billing, ...then keep treating me like a terrorist and an idiot. Given your employees are now becoming quite comfortable being ignorant and offensive, I don't obnoxious treatment was a service for which I am willing to pay.

I will be happy to leave Koodo.....No skin off my back.

Anonymous 4/6/14 8:12AM
  • They absolutely stink. I was a good customer. As soon as I wanted to close my account the problems began. Now I fighting to have false charges removed from my credit rating. DO NOT USE KOODO!!!!!

Anonymous 2/13/14 2:59PM
  • Watch out for bogus offerings. Koodo refuses to honour current promotional offer of $100 gift card on new activation iphone. Customer Service Manager rude, speaks while you are speaking, puts the phone down while you are speaking to talk to her coworkers and willing to let a customer walk away over $50 dispute. Good luck Koodo. There is no shortage of phone providers. Ciao Koodo!

mlssalnrd 1/23/14 3:43PM
  • i had my phone for a year and a half when i signed my uncontract phone i was told within a year and a half it would be paid off. but thats were they lied to cheated me. i still have to pay more that 3 quarters of my phone plus its broken which the refuse to fix or let me exchange. they lied to me the stole from me and the cheated me do not go with them!!!!!!!!!!!!

screw koodo 12/14/13 6:09PM
  • On my completed bill I have the following numbers (all in small print):
    GST# Store# Terminal# Receipt# Reference #
    Authorization# Serial# Product SKU Pin#

Would it be too much trouble to print the required number to access what I've just paid for in readable numbers that I can not only readily see but identify? I've heard that the number to add minutes is supposed to be highlighted - seldom happens. Very annoying.

MJ 11/7/13 2:43PM
  • We rec'd a call from Koodo re our acct. I spoke to Mia, who said our bill was past due by 7 days and the next bill is due Oct 7. No issue re late Payment. If we're late, that' s our fault & advised her I'll speak to my spouse re payment. Given we have time to remit October payment, that should be a non issue but she reminded me a couple times about the October due date and said she'd hate to see us be suspended from our account. I asked if the customer is not given notification prior to this happening. Her response " you got it". What kind of...response is that? Not only did she sound as if I was speaking to my 5 year old child, she was illegible. Not sure what she had in her mouth. When I asked for her name, she rudely said Mia and that she is not allowed to give her ID number. Haven't heard this before but she probably did not understand the question as she did not sound bright. That's ok, I was rude right back at her. Koodo, if you're going to hire customer service agents, please ensure they listen, understand questions posed by your customers and answer the question! It really is not a difficult job. I have no hesitation whatsoever in obtaining another service provider!!!!!!

Nas 9/27/13 3:02PM
  • I got a new i phone i was not told it did not have siri on it why can you not ask apple to do this update,why is my phone always crashing why do i hat this phone why did you sell me a phone that is over 4 years old i am so pissed and will be dropping you and will ask others to do the same

Brittany 9/19/13 10:05AM
  • Koodod charged me twice in July,even though I paid my phone bill on time, so I refused to pay it, then at the end of the month they cut off my phone, so then I owed $200 to them even though my bill is suppose to be $67 a month not double that, so I paid the $200 the other day, then they made me pay another $35 late charge so I paid it then today i looked online and it says i owe another $30, !!! no matter what i pay they say i owe them more and now im going to be broke as ---- these -----rs screwed me over

Anonymous 9/5/13 4:21AM
  • Have been using Koodo for several months now.I have not had a problem till now .As most people have said cannot contact them . I have been trying for 10 days now . If I can cancel the phone ,I will .Any number that I can find seems to be no good.If #4 is the worst I got the # I wanted.

Anonymous 8/7/13 2:05PM
  • Inwould like to know why me Koodo phone is not putting through calls my # is

Anonymous 6/13/13 11:32AM
  • As time goes on I keep losing options. Today, I cannot access my voice mail. Why? They don't respond. Two months ago, I they cut off my phone identification and I'm paying $30.00/month for this service?

Anonymous 6/12/13 9:52AM
  • I Have Had My Phone Since 2010 And Have Noticed That My Bills Are Not Sent To My E-mail Adress On The Regular Monthly Date But Usually I A Missing A Monthly Payment Which Late Charges Are Added. I Have Tried To Cancell My Account Through Self Serve Which Is A Joke. Now I Will Call Koodo And See What Bs Will I Receive. A Word To The Wise Don't Believe All The Crap Koodo Advertises.

Anonymous 5/23/13 4:48PM
  • I do not like the fact that you have no way to contact these guys outside of business hours...what if you get stranded and your phone isn't working? How are u supposed to get a hold of anyone?
    A mobile carrier shd always have accessibility during hours the consumer may need them.

Anonymous 5/3/13 9:39PM
  • It would help if this site listed the names of head office people to contact re complaints about lack of proper service in our area. I had to phone and got someone called Mark out of a meeting two weeks ago but have heard nothing back. I just would like to email him and let him/them know I am only paying $40.00this month until I get his reply. Thank you

Yvonne Nairn

Anonymous 4/27/13 10:55AM
  • Buy far the worst people to deal with they a rude and VERY ignorant . I paid cash for the phone and i still had to pay off the tab the tab thing IS A TOTAL SCAM AND A RIP OFF !! I will NEVER go with koodo ever agian . Their plans cost way to much .

KOODO WHAT A JOKE !! 3/4/13 8:33AM
  • worst company ever. No one can apparently help my problem. gotta pay for a broken phone. Once they acctually allow mt to cancel the account I will never come back screw these guys

disappointed customer soon to be 2/27/13 10:36PM
  • Koodo does not care about their customers at all, talking to service representatives does not achieve anything! They repeat the same thing over and over and refuse to hear you or help you! Not to mention they all speak with such heavy accent, it's almost impossible to understand them. Virgin mobile, here I come!

Bobi 2/1/13 2:20PM
  • I will never recommend Koodo - I've never jumped through so many hoops just to cancel a phone. I've just gone through round three!!! Then they ask if there is anyone I would like to pass our tab to - Really???

@#$%* 12/12/12 11:48AM
  • I would say I received the worst human encounter in my life talking to some of the Koodo Mobile management. They are quick to put you down and blame you. I've found my hands shaking after a conversation with them. They refuse to do anything about the mistakes they have made Even if they accept the fact that it was the fault of there system.

Dave 11/27/12 10:51AM
  • cant believe how hard is to talk to a human being at customer service , so much for so called customer service !!!!!!!!!!!!

Huzza 10/24/12 3:51PM
  • I was told by a Koodo employee to do a factory reset on my phone (he walked me thru it) told me to wait for it to sync and I will NOT lose all my info. After I got off the phone with him it took FOUR hours for my phone to sync, once it was done I had lost ALL my information that was on my phone. EVERYTHING, contacts pictures text messages etc. He told me specifically this would not happen and now I cant get ahole of them (after business hrs) to get this fixed! I need my phones info NOW. and can do nothing about it. Absoutly rediculous.

Anonymous 10/18/12 9:11PM
  • Koodoo is a horrible phone company. Be careful if you are late on your payment even once they send you straight to collections even when u are all payed up! they ruin your credit without even telling you. NO OTHER PHONE COMPANY DOES THAT!!! I have friends who have had their credit ruined without even knowing about it till it was too late. I would never go to koodoo and you should'nt either!!!

Nasey1 9/26/12 3:38PM
  • In the early summer of 2011, I received a bill for my mothers cell phone, which was approx. $130 more than it usually is. This is not the first time this has happened. In the past, I would phone, and they would realize the error, and make the appropriate changes. My mom doesn't really know how to use her cell phone, can barely text, and only uses it for emergency situations. When I received the bill, I asked if there was anything at ALL, that she could think of, that would contribute to the bill. I even asked if she had signed up for anything and given her phone number to it. Nope.
    So I'm a couple of weeks away from my wedding, and I'm planning it all by myself. I phone Koodo and wait on hold for 45 minutes. I hang up. I did not have time to wait. My life was crazy, with getting married in 2 weeks. I tried calling again about a week later. I waited on hold for 30 minutes. I hung up. I get married, and the next month Koodo shuts down my mom's phone. I'm O.K. with this, as I'm tired of dealing with their errors in billing, and happy to move on to another carrier for her. Approx. two months after the bill was received, I start getting these phone calls from strangers, telling me to phone them back at their 1800 numbers.

I have only had absolutely perfect credit my whole life. I have never missed a payment on one thing. After ONE bill, no warnings, and 2 months later, Koodo has contacted a Collections Agency, to get "their" money. I had no idea how to deal with them, as I have never received a call from them in my life. They explained that I could no longer be in contact with Koodo over this amount, it must be paid to them. So, on the spot, over the phone I explained my story to the Collection Agency, and paid the full amount. They said that they would put no personal marks against my credit, because I paid them on first contact.

A year goes by, and I try to sign up for a payment contract for something. They do a credit check. My credit had been lowered SO significantly, that I requested a credit report from Trans Union. Koodo was to blame. After incorrectly billing me AGAIN, and giving me one bill, with no warnings, and not allowing a system where I can easily call in and talk to someone, they go and completely ruin my credit with one hit.

I sell phones for different phone companies for my work. I will absolutely NEVER, ever ever recommend Koodo. In fact, I always make it very clear, that people should avoid working with them at all costs.

I went from having an impeccable untouched credit rating, to not being able to get on a phone plan.
    The only way Koodo will ever be able to make this up to me, is to rectify what they have done, realize my willingness to cooperate even unjustly, and contact trans union to remove this hit. It is inaccurate, and unfair.

Never, ever ever ever, deal with Koodo.

olsonP 8/28/12 7:28PM
  • Worst company ever, customer service reps are very rude and could care less about their customers. I was billed for past due money on my account 4 months after I cancelled the account. Called the company and told them that I no longer have the account and even spoke with a supervisor and he told me that it is my problem and it has been sent to collection! Seriously!! Billing me for service I haven't used. Stay away from this company

annonymous 8/25/12 8:59PM
  • Koodo is the Worst company I have ever dealt with in my life! We have been trying to cancel a phone that was lost 6 months ago now,..and yet they keep charging us monthly fees for service,What service? We have NO phone! I explained this several times over the phone,..I was assured that no more fees would be deducted from my sons' account..and that they would send me a snail mail bill with the final cancellation fee. This has not yet happened and they have yet again charged my sons account for monthly usage fees for a phone that last made a call in early March. My son has no money in his account so he is also being charged NSF charges every single time,..How can I get them to understand this and to reimburse us the money owed to my son. He has paid thousands of dollars for a phone that he doesn't even have. It is sooo frustrating. I am soo mad at them,...What can be done. Please, somebody help us. this is ridiculous, Really it is! and I am fed up! :(

Pissed right off! 8/13/12 10:39PM
  • Just talked to Koodo customer service about a roaming add on charge. He took it off,and gave me new amount to pay. Spoke perfect english. Whole call took under 10 minutes. Hardest part was finding the phone number. I had to call the store where I bought it and ask them for the number.

Anonymous 2/15/13 5:38PM
  • I have always been very please with Koodo customer service, but have had a very hard time getting through on the phone lately to activate my husband's phone. I stayed on hold this time for over 35 min. until my cordless phone died.

justme 1/19/12 1:38PM
  • Customer service always has very long wait times, I could eat my monthly minutes up just trying to contact them.

That aside, they have some very skilled support people (If you are lucky enough to get someone who knows what they are doing)

Talking to their support, a lot of problems they have are tied up in red tape with their parent company Telus hindering Koodos efforts.

The website is not horrible, but definitly needs work done.

Anonymous 1/12/12 11:51AM
  • Very good refund policy customer service friendly and fast. No prblems here.

hoserdude 9/17/11 7:10PM

Check out these popular comparisons of Koodo customer service versus other companies:
Koodo vs. Fido
Koodo vs. Kindle
Koodo vs. Rogers
Koodo vs. Telus
Koodo vs. Virgin Mobile
Koodo vs. WIND Mobile
Authorized representatives of Koodo can sign up to reply to any of the comments found on this page.

1-866-995-6635
Koodo customer service phone number including steps to reach representatives, hours of operation, customer support links and more from ContactHelp.com.

Complete Koodo customer service phone numbers and contact information at ContactHelp.com

Locate the Koodo corporate office headquarters phone number, address and more at CorporateOfficeOwl.com.

Koodo corporate office headquarters information at CorproateOfficeOwl.com

Get immediate support for your Koodo questions from HelpOwl.com.

Receive immediate support for Koodo at HelpOwl.com

View thousands of Koodo user reviews and customer ratings available at ReviewOwl.com.

Koodo reviews and ratings at ReviewOwl.com

Customer engagement and why Koodo is #1 at it!
Since 99.9 per cent of customers find answers by searching in the Community, these masters shoulder the bulk of Koodo's customer service. Koodo has begun honouring these support evangelists with a trip to the Toronto head office where Masters meet ...
JD Power survey says Koodo and SaskTel have the highest Customer ...
This ranks our Canadian carriers on customer service, retail experience and what smartphones are being used. Based on feedback from 13,300 Canadians, between September 2012 and March 2013, J.D. Power states that Koodo Mobile takes top spot ...
Virgin Mobile matches Koodo, launches $52/month promo plan with unlimited ...
Not to mention that Bell(virgin) has the worst customer service of all of the providers. Fido is also a good deal, $59 for 2GB – $10/GB of overage and includes international text and picture msging, caller ID and voicemail with unlimited calling. So ...