Skype Customer Service

Skype customer service is ranked #684 out of the 728 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 17.61 out of a possible 200 based upon 697 ratings. This score rates Skype customer service and customer support as Terrible.

Terrible Overall Customer Service Rating
  • Viewing Skype customer service complaints
  • I was charged 2 times by skype $10 and $13.99 on my credit card. i had a 30 day free trial. i never used it. i made sure to cancell it brfore the 30 days were up and skype had already charged my account twicw before the 30 day period expired. I NEVER USED IT NOT ONCE AND I CANCELLED IT BEFORE 30DAY TRIAL ENDED. WTF i disputed the charges with cc. but where the heck is a skype rep. i must dispute it with them too.

Brigidlee 8/2/14 8:24AM
  • Apparently, I hit the wrong button and the machine sent the unedited version of my complaint. Here is the edited version:

I had amazingly OBNOXIOUS customer service from a CS rep named Joyce A and a manager named Angelo D. There was some glitch with my credit card, my skype minutes had run out, and I needed a little more skype time so I could call my credit card company and get the charge approved. We're talking about a DOLLAR's worth of credit at most, and I've been a customer for YEARS and the charge was on a PLATINUM card!!!!! In addition, I'm in a section of Saudi Arabia where finding another phone and making a toll call would very very difficult and very very expensive. At first, Joyce refused to connect me to the manager, but after I insisted she did. I waited and waited. Finally the manager came on. He was even more obnoxious and refused to let me have a dollar's worth of skype time so I could send MONEY to HIS COMPANY!!!!!!! What an idiot!!!!!!! Then he lied to me and said I could NOT use a debit card to pay my bill. Fortunately, I had the good sense not to listen to or trust either one of them and tried paying my bill with the debit card. It worked like a charm. No problem. First, Angelo told me they didnt take debit cards from Saudi Arabia. Then I told him it was an American debit card and told me they also didn't take American debit cards from Saudi IPOS. BALONEY!!!!!!! It worked like a charm. If I were a manager, I would fire them both so fast it would make their heads spin!!!

anonymous 8/1/14 2:13AM
  • Had REALLY OBNOXIOUS customer service support from a manager named Angelo D and a CS rep named Joyce A. There was a problem with my PLATINUM credit card, my time had expired, and needed the CS department to give me a DOLLAR credit so I call my bank from Saudi Arabia. I ask to speak to a manager, and at first the CS refuses,then eventually complies. Then I see why. This clown was useless. He repeatedly refused to give me a dollar credit so I call my credit card and give the company more of my money- which was the height of STUPIDITY. I asked if they could take debit card and after wasting my time for about five minutes, Angelo D said they could not. That was LIE. In fact I could and the transaction went through despite the best of Angelo and Joyce's efforts. If I were a manager, I would fire them both on the spot.

anonymous 8/1/14 1:41AM
  • Disgusting and irritated with skype...cant even hold a call for more than a minute...if i make a call then i need to try it for more than 6-7 times..then it connect....after connecting i can only talk upto 1 minute...rest the call ends up directly...i have an unlimited calling to mobiles and landlines monthly...every month the credit automatically cuts down from my account, to which m not at all able to use it or call it for more than a minute....if u guys out there r truly working for skype then plz do the honours n help me out with this problem...if not then u all r jus useless fellows who r jus sitting n eating...not at all helping the customers....as this is the fifth time i m complaing for tge same problem and bo action have been taken yet....god knows what u guys r doing..!!!

Sehr 7/4/14 10:50AM
  • I need to to chat with skype customer. They are making me irritated by saying my subscription will be cancelled next month despite having 8 more months after taking full payment of that unlimited premium. And they have't kept any option to contact with them. How weird their system is. I need an explanation please.

simamhakeim 7/1/14 7:20AM
  • Skype customer services is totally useless.
    They have suspend my account but will not tell me why
    I have asked them for my money back or to re activate my account. All they do is repeatedly send me a "verification link"
    I have now filled this in FOUR TIMES. All I get is a " we are here to help,please complete the verification form!!!!!"
    They have stolen my money and will NOT refund it

pete 6/23/14 12:35AM
  • i have emailed to skepe 3 times got no responce

krpreet85 6/20/14 11:11PM
  • I took one suscription to india (800min_ 6.99euro) yesterday I took package bt after that I cant call.Already deduct my money from my account!!

abinoyyarathu2 6/16/14 1:39AM
  • I received a welcome email from Skype, but I never signed up for a Skype account. I was baffled that they don't have some email verification process, so I simply wanted them to remove my email address from their system as I don't have an account with them.

Impossible to find a contact email for them. (And if you want to ask a question in their community forum, you need to log into your Skype account, which defeats the purpose for me as I don't have one and never plan to have one.)

I finally found one per the forum comments at [email protected] (Their [email protected] no longer works, which is almost symbolic of their refusal to help.) I emailed them the first time over a week ago and got an automatic response email saying I'd be contact within the next 24 hours.

After 3 days, I sent another email. Again, only got an automatic response email. That was 4 days ago. At this point, my only options are to either ignore all Skype email that come into me or to create a fake Skype profile just to log into their community forum and *hope* someone there helps me. (Which based on the trend of the responses I'm seeing there, is very slim too.)

Really don't know how they can get away with this. Definitely be sure to warn everyone not to use their paid services.

Anonymous 6/15/14 11:39AM
  • Almost impossible to contact Customer Service!!

And haven't dealt with my (simple) issue. And their communication is terrible.

Peter 6/14/14 9:06PM
  • I have subscriped a US & Canada package for $2.99 yesterday. However, 36 hours have passed and I'm not able to use my subscription yet..

willy 6/3/14 8:43PM
  • Skype is the worst company I have ever dealt with in providing customer support; I have dropped them and will NEVER, NEVER, return.

Easier to set up a contract with wireless services in the country your calling to from than to deal with SKYPE, and the service is so much better. Most airports have these provider right in the terminal, try it, You won't go back to SKYPE!

Big D 5/25/14 7:22PM
  • Good morning, my name is Luisa Flores I am a costumer of Skype and I have a question... IS SKYPE A DATING SITE NOW? I've been receiving friend request from people that I don't know ... At the beginning the line used for the introduction was that they have been looking for a friend and that they came across my profile..... I entertain myself with 2 or 3 of this people but at the end everything comes down to the same problem....they all have an emergency and can't sent money to their kids and skiing for help? I wish you can try to manage a little better the quality of people that uses skype. One of the guys told me that he was in Dubai and that he need all my information so he can transfer 15 million dollars to my account because some guy with a last name same as mine had die and left all his fortune in the bank that he works at and that if I don't act fast the bank will keep that money for themselves .... Please I loved this skype business because of the privacy that I had through the years... What's going on now. I will like to continue with skype but I will like my privacy back. Thank you so much in advance .
    Luisa

Anonymous 5/6/14 4:49AM
  • Hello Sir .I am writing to you to complain about that .from my bank account debt visa card some one transfer money to the skype account ,but i did not ordered that,would be possible to return my money back please . Thank you .Yours sincerely.

Ruslan 5/1/14 7:07PM
  • Hello sir.
    I hv ths available in my phone. I have travelled to Muscat from India and I am writing this email to complain abt d errors in nt able to use this application here. The contact could nt b searched and msgs sent r staying pending. The calls are also ringing bt nt receivable or seen by d opp person. I tried with other phone n network too but stil nt able to access it. Plzzzz help

zarar_k30 4/27/14 1:11PM
  • SKYPE just fraudulently debited my bank account for $50.00 in five consecutive instances of $10.00 apiece. I am not, nor have I ever been a customer of SKYPE. I have brought this to the attention of my financial institution's Fraud department. My name is Kevin R. Thomas and my phone number is . Please call me...

Kevin 4/21/14 9:42AM
  • Cannot sign into skype, on kindle ,rejecting the password and address I aready have. disgusted with skype, there must be another program out there.They could use competition. No way to talk to someone.

siobahn46 4/20/14 11:06AM
  • Just a big run around. Had service for years now cant get on keep sending me hear and there cant get a hold of a live person to talk to . I thought I did what they said to do retreaved the 36 character code to put in then it said it wasn't correct Then I ran out of tries . Told me I couldn't try until tomorrow. It says to go to next page for help but cant get there. Exasperating!

Anonymous 4/19/14 8:17AM
  • This service has to have the worst customer service I've seen. After going through all the forums that your forced to go through you finally can find a contact for email or live chat. Was on this for 2 hours last night with no resolve. This has been typical for this site.

Anonymous 4/15/14 6:48AM
  • when call landlines number no automatic disconnected.

zestechno 4/12/14 1:02AM
  • Skype has the worst customer service I've ever experienced. You buy credit, don't use a portion of it, then try to refund the amount and they make it impossible to get your money back. It's a money grab scheme. Also, try to disable your auto-recharge feature. You can't.

SKYPE SUCKS 4/5/14 7:44AM
  • Skype has non-existent customer service. They make it impossible to get a refund on the credit you have in your account if you want to redeem it. They are thieves because of how they set up their refund policy. You get it back only if it's unused within 15 days. Otherwise, they take it and it's impossible to get back. Then, when you don't use it, they tell you it's expiring. When asked for a refund, they tell you they encourage you to use it.

Anonymous 4/5/14 7:27AM
  • My daughter got Skype on her ipod an they took almost 10.00 off my credit card an she can't even use it. All she can do is call an she wanted to do video chat with her friend. I wanna know how to get my money back because it said it was free.

Anonymous 4/2/14 7:55PM
  • My service was changed after good service for several years and we have had no luck in 3 weeks of daily trying to contact Skype. NO LUCK. 'chat not initialized'

Anonymous 3/31/14 11:08AM
  • When I make a skype call to some one the little screen on the right corner so I can see the other person the screen is gone how do I get it back. What do I hit.

Marina.mercurio41 3/27/14 10:41AM
  • I would like to remove old, out-dated, and cancelled credit card details from my account, but the "Billing and Payments" link on their web page fails. 09/17/12
    Difficult to even find links to account details. Poorly designed (on purpose?)!

I use the Skype service daily and even have an inbound number, but sometimes their website just doesn't work. And it's always difficult to use.

BobNes 9/17/12 12:42PM
  • Hello!
    I just wanted to let someone at Skype know that Skype's video calling has given me an incredible gift and opportunity.
    I'm currently living in Victoria, Australia, and my whole family lives Washington State, USA.
    My fiance, my parents, my very young nieces, and everyone still lives at home. My fiance's father passed away several weeks ago. I have been sorely missing my family and friends, and dealing with something like this made it so much more difficult. Fortunately, Skype not only let me stay in close contact with those people, but it did even more.
    On the day of the memorial service with the help of wireless internet at the church, I was able to Skype in and watch the memorial service live, being as close as I could to my family even while being 8,000 miles away.
    As if this wasn't enough, I even was able to Skype throughout the reception, visiting with and seeing all the family and friends who were there to support my family.

So, thank you so much for everything, I wanted someone at Skype to know how much you have helped me this year.

MeganMichl 8/30/12 3:35AM
  • Personally I have always found Skype service very good. Questions answered withn specified time quotes. I think it's wonderful. I would assume for disabled or the housebound, tremendous. Had an issue with icoming video signal from Cyprus recently, but in 5 years, that's all.

Cheers Skype. It's gr8.
    TB. Doncaster

bailey210 12/14/11 1:05AM
  • Every time my computer starts I see the following message on the screen^
    'Skype extras manager
    Ïîäòâåðæäåíèå (confirmation)
    Unexpected response from server received
    Do you want to send a problem report to customer service?'
    I don't know what it means because I have no problems with Skype f don't want to send any reports. Please help me to get rid of these messages.
    Thank you. Nina

anina707 5/30/11 6:39AM
  • I just want to say thank you to your company. Because of you, I can talk to my son who is in the military, and see him. God Bless you all! So many families are separated right now and you have made it possible to stay connected with loved ones. I can never thank you enough for your service.

lsuej1954 3/27/11 4:33PM
  • Thank you skype. Our son and family live in Japan,Due to the earthquake we were very concerned w/their safety. We were able to skype with them just after the event and were sucessfull w/great connection both verbal and video. Our fears were forgotten. Thank you again for such a wonderful product. Bob&Debbie Oliver

Anonymous 3/11/11 7:17AM
  • I've had Skype for a year. I do use the service and like it. I also have the "Skype To Go Number" and a few other options, but as mentioned by others, can't find any help that pertains to particular technical questions. That is Skype's main downfall, lack of support. I will most likely continue my subscription with them when it comes time to renew. I have friends that use Skype with little complaints from them.

Anonymous 2/6/11 11:02AM
  • For the past week I have been trying to make a video call where the called person is able to view our video. It does not wrok with Skype. I have tried downloading software from Logitech and Skype as well as reloading the Logitech CD software, to NO AVAIL.

I'M AT THE END OF THE ROAD WITH SKYPE AND CANNOT GET THIS ISSUE RESOLVED.

Anonymous 1/18/11 8:53AM
  • My bank acct. just got whacked with two charges for close to $160.00 with "WWW.SKYPE.COM INTERNET LU" as the reference name. Skype looked it up on their end (had to Email and the got back to me in five minutes) and they confirmed that it was someone else using my card to make international calls. They were actually very helpful; explaining how to dispute the charges at my bank and get the money back. It's going to take a week or two, but they've already flagged my card info to try and catch the person and expedite the return when the bank contacts them.

spamlad 11/5/10 12:05PM
  • My experience with Skype has been very positive for the last several years. They have always answered my inquiries in a timely fashion and provided the assistance I have needed.

A phone number would be nice but suppose they have chosen to put their resources into providing a better product.

dvbeav 11/2/10 8:48AM
  • I find that Skype is everything it says it is and more. Connections are fantastic. Prices are great and billing is always accurate. Out of hundreds and hundreds of calls I have had only one or two bad connections.

Dave 4/9/10 6:47PM
  • I use skype for all my calls from home and have been doing so for years with out any problems. I had signed up for a free trail and then cancled it with in the 30 days so I wouldnt be charged. a few months later signed up again and about 2 years later this UK based company has kept me happy with service all around.

JEEJ 1/26/10 9:28PM
  • After seeing the amount of disatisfaction with Skype Customer Service I was happy to receive what at this time looks kike good service. Having asked for refund after being overcharged, if it arrives as stated By Skype,I will be happy with service.

gerrya4 9/1/09 8:10AM
  • Gave an immediate refund when I asked for one on service that was already charged. Seemed like the service was fine to me

jaredt112 8/5/09 6:38PM

Check out these popular comparisons of Skype customer service versus other companies:
Skype vs. AT&T Wireless
Skype vs. Viper
Skype vs. Vonage
Skype vs. WebEx
Skype vs. Yahoo
Authorized representatives of Skype can sign up to reply to any of the comments found on this page.

NONE
Skype customer service phone number including steps to reach representatives, hours of operation, customer support links and more from ContactHelp.com.

Complete Skype customer service phone numbers and contact information at ContactHelp.com

Locate the Skype corporate office headquarters phone number, address and more at CorporateOfficeOwl.com.

Skype corporate office headquarters information at CorproateOfficeOwl.com

Get immediate support for your Skype questions from HelpOwl.com.

Receive immediate support for Skype at HelpOwl.com

View thousands of Skype user reviews and customer ratings available at ReviewOwl.com.

Skype reviews and ratings at ReviewOwl.com

TTK-Siberia starts customer support over Skype
TTK-Siberia starts customer support over Skype. Tuesday 7 January 2014 | 16:03 CET | News. Russian regional operator TTK-Siberia has introduced information and technological support for customers over Skype. Information on internet and TV services ...
Skype answers 2012's call, makes group video calls free
Up until this point, the $9.99 per month plan enabled group chatting, group screen sharing, live-chat customer support, unlimited phone calls to a single nation (up to the user's choice), and an advertising-free experience. Time will tell whether ...
Come usano gli account Skype i criminali informatici?
Molte aziende dipendono da servizi telefonici che, se attaccati, ne compromettono lo svolgimento delle normali attività, pensiamo a call center per servizi di pubblica utilità oppure i servizi di assistenza clienti. Negli scorsi mesi negli Stati Uniti ...