Pier 1 Customer Service

Pier 1 customer service is ranked #45 out of the 724 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 82.20 out of a possible 200 based upon 20 ratings. This score rates Pier 1 customer service and customer support as Acceptable.

Acceptable Overall Customer Service Rating
  • yesterday 1/8/14 I received my pier 1 statement for 23.55. The due date for a payment was 1/16/14 at 5pm, leaving only 8 days to read ,and mail the payment and for it to reach an out of state payment center. I believe that is not permissible by law. there needs to be at least 20 or 30 days , I'm not sure which given to make the payment. So I decided to take my payment into the store that my wife made the purchase at so it would not be late.

When I arrived there was no one at the counter. It is a very large store in woodlands hills ca. One sales girl was on the floor helping a customer and another was putting away some candles on the shelf at the back of the store and oblivious to me and 3 other customers. I found her and asked if she would take a payment from me and she did not answered as it appeared that I was bothering her. she did however come to the counter but asked a lady that was there if she could help her and the lady told her that I was there first but the sales person kept on ignoring me until I said did you hear that the lady said that I was here first. She then took my statement and 25.00 that I gave her and put the entire amount on the account. My balance was only 23.55 so she didn't even look at what she was doing. If I would have given her 2 twenty dollar bills or more she would have put it all on the account as she never looked beyond the account number on the statement. when I asked her why she put more on the account than my balance was, she called over the other sales girl who said she was the manager on duty. This person began to explain why the other sales girl was stocking the shelves instead of waiting on customers because she can multi task. When I asked her why she gave the store more of my money than I owed she looked at me and said she didn't know. I guess that comes with the multi tasking. What a sad experience I had with Pier 1 yesterday.

unhappy customer 1/9/14 9:04PM
  • I placed an order online. The order was cancelled and I was never notified. I waited 10 days and finally called in to ask what happened to my order. I was told that what I had ordered was now out of stock and I was out of luck. The csr tried to blame my credit card for the cancelled order. I got my credit card co on the phone for a 3 way call and the Pier 1 rep hung up on us. I will never do business with Pier 1 again. Poor customer service is one of the main reasons companies go bankrupt not this economy. Treat customers right and the will continue to be your customers Pier 1.

ssh 11/19/13 2:58PM
  • Went to the store in Tucson Az on old Spanish Trail talked with store manager about a purchase problem named maria and was told maybe K-mart was a better store for us. would ever think of shopping in that store again.Were do they find these people

na 10/16/13 10:17PM
  • I am truly upset! I have been a devoted Pier 1 customer for many years and never had a negative experience; however, today was awful!! I left the store shaking, heart pounding and am still very upset several hours later. The store manager at store #0611 in Aurora, IL was the most unprofessional and rude person I have ever come in contact with at any store. Last week, I purchased over $280 in pillows and $400 in furniture. When I got home I realized one pillow was damaged. Today, a week later, I went back to the store to exchange two of the pillows. I asked a sales associate if I could keep the two returning pillows behind the counter while I shopped. She kindly said yes. I was browsing the store and was approached by another kind sales person, Linda, to see if I needed help with pillow matching and I told her thank you but I was alright. I was then approached by a woman holding one of the pillows I was returning. She forcefully asked if I was returning the pillow. I responded yes but was still looking. With a very poor attitude she showed me the damage on the pillow and told me it was damaged. I responded that I knew it was damaged, hence the reason I was returning it. She proceeded to tell me that I could not return the pillow due to the damage. Once again, I told her that I was returning it because it was damaged when I purchased it, but did not realize it at that time. She attackingly asked when I purchased it and if I had a receipt. I told her that I did have a receipt and I did not feel the need for her to be so aggressive. I asked to speak to a manager and she responded that she was the store manager. This all took place on the floor of the store in front of other customers and not even at the counter because I was still trying to shop. Needless to say, she did allow me to return the two pillows, handed me off to a cashier. I really was hoping to purchase 3 more pillows but was too upset to shop. At this point I do not believe I will ever return to that specific store or possibly a Pier 1 period.

furious 10/6/13 4:34PM
  • I purchased several items for a total of $700 on 8/25/13 at the store in Walnut Creek CA. I was told by the salesperson that if I applied for a pier 1 credit card I would receive 15% off. She also told me that if the item went on sale I could bring in my receipt and receive the added discount. When I came into the store I was told I could have either the credit card discount of 15% or the sales price-not both. This was clearly not what I was told. I called customer service-they apologized for the misinformation I received but would not make any attempt at cinpensating me for the aggravation I have experienced because their sales personal do not know their store's policies. I have cancelled my credit card with them and I refuse to ever shop in any Pier 1 store again. Customer service was unaffected to hear they would loose my business.

Mimi 10/4/13 1:10PM
  • Had an unpleasant experience with staff members at the store location on Bought a dresser that was discounted due to some scuff marks and was told it'll be taken off the floor until I could pick it up. I gave them the exact date I was going to pick up (I also live about 40 mins away) and when the day came, they told me it was on a truck so I had to come back another day, which I don't understand why it was on there in the first place. The girl who had helped me purchase the dresser, Julie, didn't even put me in the computer so they couldn't even pull my name up. So to avoid the same situation again, I called them a day before picking it up to make sure it'll be ready for me. The girl on the phone, Julie (apparently there are two Julies), didn't even bother checking, just kept telling me it'll be ready but I told her what happened last time and that I'm coming from out of town. Still she just kept trying to run me off the phone. I get there early and the manager said it'll be out back, so I drive out back and they're getting ready to load a completely different item, one with a someone elses name on it onto my car. Then they had to go running around looking for it and I was informed that it was still on the floor! Obviously this pier 1 needs to get their stuff together because there was too many mistakes happening. On top of that the dresser, which only had a chipped corner and scuff marks when I purchased it, now had cracks on the draws. When I expressed my anger and disappointment to the manager, Julie, she made no effort to solve any of the problems. I understand that I cannot refund the dresser since it was marked damaged but I'm now frustrated with the fact that they can get away with treating a customer like that. No one should have to deal with so much neglect and poor conduct from the manager and staff at any store.

pissedoff 8/8/13 9:05AM
  • I am a 63 yr old retired registered nurse who is recovering from major surgery from damage from cancer treatment. I was publicly insulted and humiliated by a Pier 1 manager at your La Grange, IL store on 7/6/12. Her name is Debbie (refused to give me her last name). The store is located at 15 N. La Grange Rd. I purchased 2 red DNG cushions
    #264970 from the sales clearance rack on 04/02/13, before I fell ill. The clerk Hadley #107 assured me that if they didn't match in my kitchen I would be able to return them.
    Now that I am semi-recovered I brought the cushions back to the La Grange store where I was accused of trying to return damaged goods and accused of removing 4 buttons from the front of both cushions. All 8 buttons on the reverse are intact. When I tried to tell her I had bought them that way, Debbie implied I was lying. I expected to be told it had been too long since the purchase or I could only get store credit. Instead I was accused of trying to defraud the store.
    I have never in my life been spoken to the way this women spoke to me!!!

Nancy Keller 7/7/13 10:35AM
  • If you are ever in Montgomery Al. don't shop at the Berryhill location. They are the most unhelpful staff I have ever seen and I am in my 50's. They love for you to purchase things but if you change your mind then that's problem. From the point of a return you have an attitude from some of the salesman. I love pier one merchandise I have for years I just dislike some of the staff at this location.

LOVE 2/11/13 2:44PM
  • Sarah the manager at the #0808 store in Rockville, MD. Every time I visit this store she is always very rude to me, other customers and employees for that matter. She has a very nasty rude attitude of his she talks to everyone. She always talks down to people. She was the same way at another store she worked at. I complained to customer service about her once before, but she stills has a more bigger ego now than before. She really needs an attitude adjustment. I have mentioned this to other employees before. Now when she see me in the store, she a voids me all together. She really brings the moral and shopping experience down, I have no choice but to shop at this location since it is the closest to me. But it makes it so hard every time I shop at this store. Pier 1 really should make sure they make a good decision before hiring someone with a bad attitude. Don't think I will shop at any Pier 1 store again! Need more qualified managers with experience.

One dissatisfied customer

unsatisfiedcustomer 11/14/12 9:01AM
  • I was at the Pier 1 store at Sunland and Mesa in El Paso, Texas. It was around 2:pm.today, October 22. I asked for assistance; the gentleman I questioned, said he would be with me shortly. After some time, I noticed he was at the counter talking to his co-worker.
    Totally, I felt there was no concern for service of any kind.
    A true "turn-off" for future purchases.

M.Navarro

[email protected] 10/22/12 2:10PM
  • I was at the Pier I store in Gulfport MS on Friday, April 27, and a worker was repreminded in front of another co-worker and there were customers in the store. The store manager, I presume that's who he was, asked the employee what she was wearing and didn't she know what she was suppose to be wearing. First off, his tone of voice and the way he approached her was inappropriate. Someone needs to make sure he is trained on the proper procedure in reprimanding an employee when no other customers and employees are around. To me that was worse customer service than someone ignoring me. I almost said something myself but felt I better stay out of it.

Anonymous 4/30/12 3:53PM
  • September 4, 2011

Today I walked into your store #1480 around 5:45 p.m. with the intent to spend a couple of hundred of dollars with you…however, the way I was treated was a public display of humiliation and discrimination! At this time, I am requesting that the video tape from the incident be pulled from the store and reviewed by Store Manager, Jason, who was not present and upper management. I am also going to request that the tape be subpoenaed.
    First, I asked for assistance from a sales person on the floor to help me pull some bamboo sticks from a large vase. She came over and assisted disgruntled. After I looked at the color, I requested a different color and her reply was, “I’ll be back, I have to go to the back”. Standing there with my husband and 8 year old daughter for 15 minutes, I decided to go look for her. To my surprise, she was checking out customers. I was furious that she had left me to go wait on other customers when indeed I was in the store first and attempting to make a purchase. So I requested the manager and explained how I could not believe what was happening. She began to tell me that she didn’t know that she was working with other customers and that she had given her the directive to start checking out other customers. So I began to state to the manager that there was break down in communication because the employee should have notified her that she was working with other customers.
    Then, I requested that the manager have the employee retrieve the bamboo sticks that I was still waiting on….30 minutes have passed. She complied. She took over the register and the employee went to retrieve the bamboo sticks from the back. So when the employee returned, she went to area where the bamboo sticks where on display while I waited for her at the register….to make a purchase. I asked another employee to look at her to see how she was standing over in the bamboo area while I stared at her to bring me the sticks. I beckoned for her to bring the sticks to the register and she stated, “I’m not bringing them to you”, come and get them”. I stood there….speechless. This was all witnessed by the assistant manager on duty and the other employee. The assistant manager was EXTREMELY professional throughout this whole ordeal. I did not get her name or the employee who was the witness but I’m SURE we can get it.
    Now an hour has passed, the employee flees to the back room while the assistant manager tries to make sense of her behavior. My husband can not believe that all of this has unraveled and tries to explain to the employee and assistant manager that this was senseless if the employee would have brought me the bamboo sticks. After all, we had been waiting on her while she checked other customers out.
    Finally, the truth comes out of the employee’s mouth when she states that she didn’t want to bring me the bamboo sticks because “she was embarrassed”. Why? I asked. She began to say to me, my husband, and the assistant manager “because there were other customers around”. Hum? I was the first customer. I don’t understand.
    She left me to go check out other customers and didn’t tell her manager that she was already busy with another customer. Then, when she brings the bamboo sticks, she doesn’t bring them to the register where I stood and waited.
    I am not going to let this go away. I am requesting a response from PIER ONE about their orientation training and customer service and their discrimination policy.

Angel Kirby
    832-689-5443

Anonymous 9/4/11 6:55PM
  • I WAS IN THE STORE AT THE SUMMIT MALL AND TRIED TO MAKE A PURCHASE AND COULD NOT GET WAITED ON. THERE WERE THREE CLERKS. ONE WAS TRYING TO HELP A CUSTOMER AND ANOTHER ONE WAS TRYING GET SOME FURNITURE TO TTHE FRONT DOOR AND LEFT IT AT THE FRONT DOOR THEN A THIRED ONE A BLOND CAME OUT OF THE BACK LOOKED AT US AND SAID SHE WOULD HELP ONE OF THE OTHER GIRLS INSTEAD OF HELPING US. IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN ON TEN MINUTES TO DO. WE LEFT THE STORE WITHOUR OUR PURCHASES. ILL' NOT SHOP IN YOUR STORE AGAIN. THIS WAS ON JUNE 7, 2011 BETWEEN 2:00 PM AND 2:30PM
    THANK YOU, MRS. M.A. FUNDERBURK AT 116, MT. VERNON RD., FLOVILLA, GA. 302`16

PIER 1 6/8/11 8:27AM
  • I might have a big long letter about the customer service rep who helped me last Saturday, but my computer died and I can't find the letter. The person was in Ft Worth, Texas, and her name was Gayle W. I think. So good I accidentally got disconnected I had the new person who answered this time, get her back for me to continue my order. Extra great service!

Anonymous 2/17/14 9:51AM
  • I recently purchased a cabinet and a garden stool at Store
    0504, located on Biscayne Blvd in Miami/Aventura, FL
    I am writing to commend Shavaughn who
    worked with me inspecting the furniture when it arrived
    at the store and helped in setting up the delivery. His
    service was exceptional.

MSC 2/14/14 10:13AM
  • The staff at the Pier 1 store on Mill Plain Blvd in Vancouver, WA are outstanding. They are warm, friendly, and helpful.

suetort 10/29/13 6:41PM
  • I had a wonderful experience today with one of your customer service representatives. Her name is Monica. Yesterday, I attempted to place an order for an Easter decoration and didn't receive an order confirmation. Today, I attempted to place the order again with the same result. I called customer service and Monica was incredibly helpful in completing the purchase for me. I wanted to let you know that this kind of service will make me return, without a doubt.

Monica 3/5/13 4:55PM
  • I recently bought the beaded Screen from my local Pier one store, and I love it.
    After I bought it I looked at it online, but the photo did not do it justice at all. I never would of bought it online from the photo shown. If management happens to read this, I think you should know that quality photo's of certain items, like the beaded screen,can make all the difference. Thank you.

Anonymous 2/2/13 4:58PM
  • The Sales Leader at the Pier 1 in Kailua, HI was exceptional! His name is Phillip Dennis. He went out of his way to help me with an expired coupon, and his service was so helpful. Thank you.

kjenness 4/12/12 5:28PM
  • I want to comment on an employee, Claudette Savino, at the Pompano Store. She spent so much time helping me price and locate all the pieces of the patio furniture I was interested in. I feel badly because I ended up buying furniture on-line.

I felt compelled to let Pier l know that even after she did all of that work for me and then I told her I wasn't going to buy it, she was still very pleasant and politely said that's ok, but anytime I need help she'd be happy to help me out.

Sincerely,

Joanne Stewart

Anonymous 3/10/11 9:22AM
  • Im an employee at store 1500 a
    we have a new ASM, our whole team works great together, until the new ASM Carol Arbo joins the teams and starts micromanaging everything and everyone. Ive heard 75% of the employees say if she keeps it up there gonna quit and find new jobs.

Anonymous 5/26/12 9:09AM

Check out these popular comparisons of Pier 1 customer service versus other companies:
Pier 1 vs. Crate and Barrel
Pier 1 vs. Home Goods
Pier 1 vs. Ikea
Pier 1 vs. Pottery Barn
Pier 1 vs. World Market
Authorized representatives of Pier 1 can sign up to reply to any of the comments found on this page.

800-245-4595
Pier 1 customer service phone number including steps to reach representatives, hours of operation, customer support links and more from ContactHelp.com.

Complete Pier 1 customer service phone numbers and contact information at ContactHelp.com

Locate the Pier 1 corporate office headquarters phone number, address and more at CorporateOfficeOwl.com.

Pier 1 corporate office headquarters information at CorproateOfficeOwl.com

Get immediate support for your Pier 1 questions from HelpOwl.com.

Receive immediate support for Pier 1 at HelpOwl.com

View thousands of Pier 1 user reviews and customer ratings available at ReviewOwl.com.

Pier 1 reviews and ratings at ReviewOwl.com

Alliance Data Signs Pier 1 Card Deal
It said that under the agreement, Alliance Data will provide end-to-end private-label credit card services from account acquisition to multichannel marketing and customer service for Pier 1. Pier 1's current credit card program will remain in place ...
A Second Chance for Pier 1
"Awesome customer service. I always find something every time I come here," said reviewer LH, who gives the San Mateo location five stars. "They have something at every price point, and I love looking through their clearance section.
Pier 1 coming to Hesperia
Classified|; Online Edition|; Subscribe to The Paper|; customer service|; Place an Ad · 75° · Sunny · Home · Local · Local News · Features > · Our Desert Home ...