Yahoo Customer Service

Yahoo customer service is ranked #630 out of the 724 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 22.45 out of a possible 200 based upon 2204 ratings. This score rates Yahoo customer service and customer support as Terrible.

2,128 Negative Comments out of 2,204 Total Comments is 96.55%.

76 Positive Comments out of 2,204 Total Comments is 3.45%.

Terrible Overall Customer Service Rating
  • Viewing Yahoo customer service complaints
    1 - 25 out of 2,128
  • Please help me, my account was hacked and blocked on Saturday, my address is I have used this email address since 1998. I am from Zambia and I'm currently in DC attending the YALI Presidential Summit. I cannot receive update via email and have no access to my Facebook. Please urgently help me

Anonymous 7/28/14 11:46AM
  • Hi my name is Tanya Harry I have been trying to find ure email add for 30 min and can't I'm signed in on my iPhone under my yahoo mail but I can't remember my password so I can't get on the computer with it. I want to keep this account please help me. They have my old phone stored and my sons email and he's no help. My email is if u will reset my password that would be great so I could get on the computer oh I sat on hold on phone for 23 min also before it hung up. I really want this email pleae...

Tanya 7/27/14 1:44PM
  • One of my accounts has been "locked" out for 3 weeks. My other one was locked out on 7-26-14. Yahoo is completely USELESS with it's so called customer service. The 1-800 number is a JOKE. Nobody ever answers. Just that damn music. A yahoo team did answer an e mail about my account that was locked out 3 weeks ago.Took them a week to do that. I sent an e mail back and stated that my 2nd account was Still locked out and the e mail came back as non delivered. Said the site/ e mail account(Yahoo's) I sent it to was no longer working. Yahoo is losing customers and could care less.I had to create a new account just to Maybe get an e mail from yahoo about Why my main account is now locked. Not holding my breath.

tyrr 7/27/14 9:17AM
  • I have been without my yahoo email since july 11 2014. I have called customer care day in and day out and nobody picks up the phone. They don't believe in customer service at all

Anonymous 7/26/14 6:30PM
  • I am unable to reset a password online,I have to contact customer care which is a joke.I have been on hold for hours only to have the call dropped by them. Costomer service is unheard of and I will have to switch to another provider who actually offers customer service and doesn't suggest I chat with other people to solver my problems

Anonymous 7/26/14 4:28AM
  • Can't log in, tells me all my security answers are wrong, locked me out, can't get through by phone, all passwords fail, can't get help any other way. Time to get rid of Yahoo, who has gotten so big they have "reporters" on TV (what a joke!)! Between Yahoo and Bank of America, large companies are busy disrupting small businesses while they attempt to get all your personal info, like the daily request for my phone number; NEVER GONNA HAPPEN! No one gets my phone number ever again. If you have my info for us to do business, then we won't. They just hung up on me again.

Fed Up 7/24/14 11:14AM
  • I'm having a problem in viewing my emails at Yahoo mail, I always being faced with "the page can't be displayed" every time I enter my account. I tried to contact your help community and customer care but also being faced with "the page can't be displayed". What shall I do to view my emails ? I need an effective action to solve this problem ? my email info is : and my alternative email is

Waiting for your response

Regards

Anonymous 7/23/14 2:21AM
  • I have no comment since i was registered my email account. but i dont know why yahoo service has an eager to get my mobile number and changing my password. so, my comment to yahoo services is 100% negative coz its unfair not to access my personal account when i was not to change my privacy password. UNFAIR!!!!

DOR 7/22/14 10:59PM
  • sir,

my yahoo m is not accessible since Thursday 17-7 -2014 morning. my efforts to retrieve or to contact yahoo customer care in Chennai was futile. I request you to help me in activating the account.

lalitha.balakumar 7/20/14 10:49PM
  • I canot access my e-mails and Yahoo said I have to get a new password--why? I called on 7/18/2014 and finally hung up after waiting for someone to answer after one hour. I am on the phone now on 7/19/2014 and have been waiting almost 45 minutes. Your customer service is horrible and I would like to know why we have to change our password.

[email protected] 7/19/14 8:11AM
  • Hi, I've been using yahoo for years and in the past few weeks every time I send an email I have to enter in a code before it will send, I use my yahoo for work and have a lot of emails to reply to. I find this extremely time consuming and the codes are hard to read. Why cant I just send an email like in the past without having to spend time entering in codes, its extremely frustrating. Thank you

Anonymous 7/18/14 11:30AM
  • They never answer. It's ridiculous how much you have to wait. If they were even a fraction of Amazon's customer service, they'd be amazing. But Yahoo totally blows.

Drake 7/17/14 4:40PM
  • I have not used my account for a long time.
    I cannot sign in. They say wrong password or ID and now I get an email that they are charging my credit for another year. I cannot get in to cancel my account. I tried every way possible and I get the run around that they need my ID and password which don't recognize.
    How do I get rid of them?

Dan 7/13/14 8:54PM
  • Called customer service no one ever answered hung up after 40 minutes the first time 30 minutes the second forgot my password

Anonymous 7/13/14 1:47PM
  • I have had the same experience the rest of you have had. I waited on the phone for over 3 hours and nobody answered. When I went to their on-line list of things to do, they didn't pertain to me and there was no place to enter a new problem. My password didn't work and when yahoo prompted me with the security questions it asked my oldest cousins first name--I typed Wally and it it came back invalid. Now I may be stupid, but if a person only has 10 cousins, wouldn't they know what the oldest cousin's first name was? I tried Wallie, Wallace and then went through my other 9 cousins names--none of them correct. They never did ask me question #2, which I thought was asked just in case you messed up on question #1. I will just have to forgo the lost e-mails and go through another company. I applied for my account in 2008--even if I did forget the answer, wouldn't they allow for forgetfullness after 6 years? The other question was name your favorite book. I have had several favorites since 2008--but I do remember what I put down as an answer.

Sandi 7/12/14 2:18PM
  • When I try logging in it says invalid password. I think my account may have been hacked. I have been on hold for 4 hours!!! This is how important my email is! What the hell kind of company do you think you're running?! Definetely switching to gmail once I get my email back...if I ever do.

IHateYahoo 7/12/14 1:29PM
  • After MANY years of having my mail account, it was abruptly "disabled for violation of terms". I spent the next several days waiting for them to answer the phone and eventually talking to "customer service agents" and I use the term lightly. No one could tell me what I had allegedly done to "violate terms" nor could anyone tell me how I can protest the "disabling". One agent said I was warned twice but never...I REPEAT...NEVER received ANY WARNINGS. I believe my account was either hacked or was mistakenly "disabled" and Yahoo apparently has no system for appeals or protests. Looks like the "thought police", whether they are correct or not, have decided I am GUILTY of SOMETHING and just have to live with LOSING ALL OF MY PERSONAL AND BUSINESS CONTACTS AND FOLDERS!!! YAHOO IS CLEARLY A PRODUCT OF TODAY'S VERSION OF FREEDOM!!!

GUILTY GUY 7/12/14 5:44AM
  • We set up two step verification on our Yahoo mail and recently the codes sent to our phone did not work and allow us into our account. Yahoo locked the account and then will not ask any other security identification verification other than the d/o/b - 15 years ago out of concern for personal privacy, I did not use my correct d/o/b when I set up my profile which I cannot recall. I spent hours on hold and even worked through their requested email escalation team. I talked with three Yahoo reps, and one rep actually asked my two other security verification questions, the other Yahoo reps would not talk further other than asking for my d/o/b. I feel like Yahoo does not care about me or any other their customers from the way I was treated. Why have me set up other security verification questions if they will not use them.

Anonymous 7/11/14 12:57PM
  • I had change my password to yahoo after over ten years of using the same password with no issues. I forgot my new password and now because I only have the option to have a link sent to my other e-mail address, which I cannot open, I have spent over three total hours trying to talk to someone to help me. What kind of BS is this? How do they expect someone to sit by a phone and do nothing for over three hours? I got tired of waiting for them to answer the call, so I left an a call back number. When I left the number, they said I would be called back in a half hour. One hour and forty-five minutes later they called back. Good right? Hell no, I waited another one hour and five minutes after they called me back before I finally hung up. Now here I am again waiting for the past twenty minutes because I called them back. I know dumb head me!

MT49er 7/8/14 6:27PM
  • If I didn't need to access this YAHOO account I would never use it again, this has to be the worst customer service on record, with the billions theY make in a year you would think they could farm out the customer service to a third party somewhere aboard, ATT isn't even this bad.

Snooker 7/5/14 5:05PM
  • Cannot Get To Yahoo, By Phone Or Other. On Hold On Phone Forever.

dollyspetpad2011 7/2/14 3:55PM
  • I don't think anyone actually works in customer support. I'm pretty sure you just stay on hold until you hang up.

annoyedwithyahoo 7/2/14 1:24PM
  • Worst Small business service ever. I've been on hold for 2.3 hours waiting for a rep to help me.

Anonymous 7/2/14 9:40AM
  • This is unbelievable. I've been waiting 4 times over an hour each and still have not gotten through. This has to be the biggest peice of sh!t company in computer history. Tried the on-line method and the instructions don't work either. I would change to someone else but my contacts are all on Yahoo and I can't get to them. Can't reag any email can't reach any contacts to tell them I am changing..

Anonymous 7/2/14 5:14AM
  • Have been on hold from 6:30pm Est. until 10:31pm when I automatically sent to leave a message for. them to callme bback, then. the message said. they were overloaded. and cut me off. Prior to this the wait had gone from 197 callers down to 3 callers waiting starting@ 9:21 pm & remained at 3 callers until 10:31 pm when they sent me to leave a message to call me back, rejected the message, then disconnected me. I was on my cell all this time, listening to odd non-interesting music. No notice when they close or open, and cut me off after over FOUR hours. I imm called back on my home phone & heard the bad music, with no announcement that they were now closed, yet no further reports of the "alleged" three customers ahead of me . I continued on hold with music only til 11:47 pm and hung w
    up. Guess they went home & no courtesy to customers.

The problem involved my inability to access my email. Repeated efforts failed, even inputting another password. It even rejected my user name which is my email address. That you don't get wrong!! Now I can't even get on my computer AT ALl! The update installation forced me to list the email & password, which I could not change. Shame on YAHOO! The customer no service is absolutely horrible! What do we ALL do NOW YAHOO!!!!!

ibd

Anonymous 7/1/14 9:42PM
  • Viewing positive Yahoo customer service ratings
  • Terrible....directed to several different numbers and not one number was reachable...I highly recommend live chat support and a slew of security options...and another way to access your account if hacked or locked out.

[email protected] 3/22/14 4:35PM
  • many time i request yahoo customer care about my lost spam mail,, how to re-load it but no any favour action from their side

ptaj1966 1/24/14 11:01AM
  • i am reagan apenteng with yahoo.address i have forgotten my yahoo password and wish to get it back. my previou password was asdfgh12 but was prompted by yahoo to changed the password. unfortunately, i can not remember my password.if you could send it to my alternative email [email protected] so i can access my mail again

reagan 12/8/13 2:06PM
  • I recently had an issue with my account and called in to yahoo! customer care the center was located in Texas the customer care rep was so respectful and nice and walked me through the entire account and gave me the information that I needed to work my new yahoo! account. In my opinion the new yahoo! is good and one just needs to take the time and navigate through it and learn the new system. Thank you Yahoo! Customer care BRownsville Texas.

Afterdarktattoos 11/8/13 10:11AM
  • I have been repeatedly critical of yahoo. Actually, constructive comments really. Must admit though, yahoo is mostly cool with me. Yahooo-oooo! So this is a thumbs up for a primarily good service.

milicent 10/24/13 1:00PM
  • Here I am again asking once again for my old e-mail format. This new one sucks big time. You changed it back once a couple weeks ago & now messed with it again. WHY??

This new one is not working well - not user friendly. I see that a lot of people think as I do. Please change me back yesterday! ASAP as thins is driving me nutso! AOL is looking better & better all the time! Why mess with something when it works & many are happy with the old?

ginny_knarr 10/24/13 9:25AM
  • I have been with yahoo for many years. I am now considering changing due to all changes you have made in the last few weeks.

To read an email, I hide the advertisement and then cannot properly scroll through the email. You have changed the contact listing when I wanted it otherwise. To add, delete, or edit and address is not time efficient. I am sure you have had many complaints regarding these "improvements". I think you should rethink a lot of the changes you have done in the past few weeks. I get used to one change and you change it again.

shirley 10/16/13 12:19PM
  • I've noted your changes in your mail system with reservation. Your promo tells me how you are working hard and making it better. Sorry, that is incorrect. Your new system has massed e-mails together for me, without my asking and adds some of my outbox to my messages. It's harder to navigate and confusing. If I wanted confusing, I would go to gmail.

Here's a comment from another Yahoo mail user that I received this morning:

-------------

" Who ever is in charge of redesigning Yahoo has been making a mess of it!

"A year ago, the web page was re-done to make it look like two pages overlapping each other.

"A couple of months ago, the sport page turned to black background, making it difficult for the eyes and harder still to find links to articles.

"Right now, during emailing, I'm not sure whether if I'm deleting or not, whether if I'm sending or not, and not even knowing if I'm writing or not! Over two years ago, I could chat on the mail page. Now I can't or I don't know how. Yet Yahoo keeps telling us its 'exciting' progress. I think these guys are really out of touch! Someone is dragging a really good brand down to new lows!"

--------------

I know that one user has little effect on change, and that you seem to stall resolving problems, from what I read, but I would like to see Yahoo stay on top.

J Ginsburg

[email protected] 10/13/13 8:04AM
  • I phoned Yahoo and sent one email, because
    I do not receive my Yahoo emails and many
    times they show up only for seconds in my
    Yahoo account. ... Yahoo did not contact me
    at all. I waited 3 weeks and then decided to
    open an email account with Gmail. Fortunately no more problems with my emails.

Anonymous 8/24/13 10:22AM
  • After seeing all the negative reviews and already having been on hold for over an hour my hopes were not high for receiving quality service. I ended up waiting about 90 minutes (had my phone on speaker and did other things) I DID reach a live person. Though I was annoyed at having had to wait so long, the woman I spoke with was very polite and extremely helpful. She walked me through the process of changing my password and received my code for me as my alternate email had changed. When all was said and done she even sent me a free movie ticket for my troubles. I asked her about the $100.00 fee for resetting the account and she told me that other companies pretending to be yahoo will use phony numbers to make them look bad.

VERY happy with the service I received, thank you very much!

h_ramsdel 7/28/13 7:24PM
  • I reached then about after 20 mins of waiting time. Which I think is a good time for a free service. They guy that I talked to was very helpful and waited with me on the line till the problem was solved with no problems. All in all I am very happy with the service

Matti96 6/28/13 11:56AM
  • Hi Customer Service,

Thank you so much for your help. I am now able to sign in to my e-mail. YAHOO! I am soooo glad I was able to get through to you guys. However, it was a little headache but nevertheless I was able to connect to a LIVE person.

Thanks again!

boyshighfootball 3/25/13 1:05PM
  • I got through to a service representative within 18 minutes. She was very helpful in guiding me through the possess of regaining my e-mail account. I was expecting the worse after reading the comments on this site. Didn't happen and am satisfied that I could use the same phone number and get the same results.

Happy subscriber 2/7/13 9:54AM
  • WOW-shockingly I actually did get some real help from a real person. I've been locked out of one of my yahoo accounts since it was hacked and even though i changed the password multiple times, i could not gain access. At this point i just wanted to terminate the account, and since i was unable to do this online, i took my chances and called Yahoo. Surprisingly my mission was accomplished. I'm still switching to gmail, though!

greenfossil 1/24/13 11:25AM
  • Hey Fellas and Fella-ettes,

I likesies the new look, it has been great so far with minimal problems, keep it up and you may take over the number 1 slot on my browser.
    Thanks,

shainwhitt 11/27/12 10:52PM
  • Hi friends.... Yahoo customer service is really awesome since 2days I was facing the login problem. I spoke to customer service 5 min back and immediately sorted it out

The one who spoke to lady ( Customer serivce). She was really damm gud. Thank you Madam

Thanks to yahoo customer service...

Naga Chaitanya 7/25/12 10:05AM
  • I just spoke with Yahoo Customer Service and the woman was very helpful and courteous. I got through in less than 10 minutes. Don't believe every thing you hear about bad service.

Anonymous 7/14/12 8:41AM
  • Just called yahoo and talked to someone live so to all the people that say they can't get alive person need to learn to press the right key on the phone

Sassybgirl 6/11/12 8:47AM
  • Please check your comment section because it is running very slow. I am having a hard time writing a comment because of this. Anyway, I had a positive experience with getting my problem resolved. I'm happy with the results.

Anonymous 6/7/12 7:42AM
  • Well after reading all these horrible comments I was skeptical about getting any help at all. I too tried to do it on line 3x and got no reply. I called the number and pressed 2 and got the no one available message. So I hit 1 told the poor att guy what I needed and he connected me directly to a operator (ext 4) and she was kind and helpful and got me fixed up in no time. I am a very happy camper!

Anonymous 6/5/12 2:48PM
  • Good news for those who have att.net email address but no longer are att customer and use yahoo. My account was hacked over the weekend (by a Spanish speaker it seems). Hours on phone with yahoo and att, yahoo said I had to unmerge and transferred me to att, att didn't know what to do. After many hours over a couple of days I got lucky. It was done through att at 866-757-9808, prompt 1. Ignore that it is for Uvers customers, whatever that is. Justin was who was able to help me, he got me a temporary password reset by using an older system of att. Good luck!

St. Paul Ruby 5/29/12 8:25AM
  • Thank you, Thank you. I had absolutely no problem speaking to a person. The call took 4 minutes flat. Yahoo stinks. There is no way to find a phone number on their web page. I needed to answer a security question correctly online and it wouldn't accept my answer. The real person did. Go figure.

Anonymous 5/24/12 2:20PM
  • My account was inaccessible today. I was a bit freaked out when I saw all the negative comments. I was calling from abroad and I had to wait about 20 minutes to talk to someone, but when I finally did, they were very helpful. If you are willing to be on hold for a while, it's worth the wait for your peace of mind.

anonymous 4/24/12 5:57PM
  • I actually had a great experience with Yahoo support through the phone # above. I was skeptical [but desperate - I was locked out of my email after a hacking]. A professional, articulate & diligent Yahoo agent took care of my needs quickly & effectively. A big help - thanks!

onesweetpuck 2/11/12 12:42PM
  • After a 30 minute hold I talked to a very nice female representative about my hijacked account. I was given some tips like since I changed my password and downloaded additional antivirus, Microsoft Malicious Software Tool, etc., and my BitDefender Suite and ran tdeep runs,my entire computer, my account is probably now safe. I probably will eventually close it.

I am retired military...I am used to long lines and waiting,,, and waiting,,,, and waiting.

BTW one of my contacts on another service said he/she had heard of 5 of their contacts with yahoo addresses which had been compromised by hijacking.

NitWit1 1/16/12 8:38AM

Check out these popular comparisons of Yahoo customer service versus other companies:
Yahoo vs. America Online
Yahoo vs. Microsoft
Yahoo vs. MSN
Yahoo vs. Skype
Yahoo vs. YouTube
Authorized representatives of Yahoo can sign up to reply to any of the comments found on this page.

800-730-2669
Customer Support
866-562-7219
Yahoo customer service phone number including steps to reach representatives, hours of operation, customer support links and more from ContactHelp.com.

Complete Yahoo customer service phone numbers and contact information at ContactHelp.com

Locate the Yahoo corporate office headquarters phone number, address and more at CorporateOfficeOwl.com.

Yahoo corporate office headquarters information at CorproateOfficeOwl.com

Get immediate support for your Yahoo questions from HelpOwl.com.

Receive immediate support for Yahoo at HelpOwl.com

View thousands of Yahoo user reviews and customer ratings available at ReviewOwl.com.

Yahoo reviews and ratings at ReviewOwl.com

Exclusive: Egypt turns to Western advisers, signaling possible reforms - sources
However, UAE minister of state Sultan Ahmed al-Jaber, who handles aid to Cairo, said his country is "providing Egypt with technical support for the development of an economic recovery plan". In a statement emailed to Reuters, he said the assistance the ...
YuppTV Unveils 'YuppTV Media Player' to Deliver World Class Streaming ...
Bidding goodbye to commitments, libraries of discs and a satellite dish, users can enjoy hassle-free services backed by easy registration and 24/7 customer service. Announcing the launch of the YuppTV Media Player, Mr. Uday Reddy, CEO of YuppTV, said, ...
Exchange rate movements hit Wolseley trading profit
Strong growth in the Nordics and the USA managed to to head off more challenging circumstances elsewhere. Like-for-like revenue for the ongoing businesses grew 5.1 per cent ahead of last year. The plumbing merchant saw like-for-like revenue in the UK ...