Sears Customer Service

Sears customer service is ranked #485 out of the 728 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 28.99 out of a possible 200 based upon 3027 ratings. This score rates Sears customer service and customer support as Terrible.

2,882 Negative Comments out of 3,027 Total Comments is 95.21%.

145 Positive Comments out of 3,027 Total Comments is 4.79%.

Terrible Overall Customer Service Rating
  • Viewing Sears customer service complaints
    1 - 25 out of 2,882
  • I should visit this website before purchasing from Sears.
    We ordered the refrigerator 40 days ago and have not receive it yet. It has been rescheduled 2 times just 1 day before it supposedly delivered. Looks like they don't really care about their customers feedback at all.

4everwaiting 8/18/14 4:50PM
  • Have a 5 year old 4 gallon compressor. Looks like I need a fuse for it. Called Sears today and was told they do not and will not have the fuse available. Last thing I buy from Sears.

Don25 8/18/14 3:16PM
  • Sears has undoubtedly some of the worst customer service around today. When we called Sears to place an order, they gave us false information that made us think we could change the dates of arrival on our orders to match our convenience. Well, it turns out they didn't give us the whole story, and we went ahead to try and cancel the order. Canceling the order was a hassle as well; we kept getting transferred to different people, and we even got hung up on at one point after holding for a half-hour! When we finally got confirmation that we would get a full refund for the cancelled order, we learned that we had to then personally refuse all shipments sent by FedEx and UPS instead of having Sears just call and cancel the orders themselves. It turns out that they didn't end up canceling the order before the items were shipped out, but they had over 12 hours to do so! If that's how their company system works, then I don't want any part with them anymore. Thankfully, we returned the orders eventually and got our refund, but I will NEVER EVER shop at Sears again.

Anonymous 8/15/14 8:21AM
  • Do not shop at sears. The ratings speak for themselves but I am more than happy to add my voice to it. On purchasing some very expensive equipment with them, they botched all out info and kept having to enter everything again, call around, get the manager, etc. They were supposed to call night before delivery and schedule a convenient two hour window for delivery and installation, they didnt call. They just chose one and when I called said they couldnt change it. Delivery day, didnt show up, didnt call, nothing. I took off a whole day of work. So I call them up, and they just transfer me from one person to the next. "I dont have the power to do that, let me transfer you"..."all I can do is get you intouch with the right person". When thru this cycle for well over an hour. I got managers on the phone, several times. They said they would call me back within the hour. They didnt. I called back asking specifically for the manager and they said she LEFT. Then they said they would call me back within an hour (thats ANOTHER hour of waiting). It went on with that the whole evening, eating into the next day. We have never received a concrete answer on our equipment status, nor even really any resolution. We are just fighting to get our money back on a product we never even received. These people have been rude and very unhelpful. Never again

BB 8/13/14 5:42PM
  • i purchased a kenmore frig.on july 23,2014 and it supposed to be delivered to us on aug.11,2014
    on monday aug.11 at 9:00 am i called to check on the time of the delivery i talked to Lei who
    told me that the delivery date has been changed to aug.the 15th i asked him why no body called
    me to let me know that it has been changed he apologized about and my wife emptied the
    frig that we have that will be picked up when they deliver the new frig.i'm very upset that and this
    is a bad customer service i wouldn't recommend any one to buy from sears any more

joseph hamouche 8/11/14 1:19PM
  • Just purchased a Kenmore chest 7.0 freezer from Kmart. Plugged it in and after a few mins. tried to open the lid but it would not come open. I could not pry it open. I called the support line but that was as useless as my freezer with a lid that would not open. I was transferred to a tech.buy they couldn't answer my question. I was finally transferred to the Kmart dept and she was so happy that I could just take it back since I just had purchased it. Just take it back so easy when all I wanted was a simple question answered. You need to know how horrible your customer service is. Please hire some techs with a little more repair education because the ones you have are incapable or not willing to help a customer.

Phil Clem

Phil 8/9/14 2:03PM
  • Very slow chat response guy who never found the product I wanted. He was still looking when I gave up 6 minutes later. This is a popular item they should have it, I hate Sears.

Frequentshopper 8/6/14 7:47PM
  • Worst experience! I went to sears appliance store & purchased a Kenmore French Door refrig. $1,700.00. Toney put my name on fridge. Asked Toney could it be deliverd wed on my day off & he said yes, (this was sunday). I went home & checked measurements & cld back & said yes it will fit, can I give you my debit card over the phone? Toney said no, need to drive back to store, (30 mins away). Gave Toney my card & he said ok will be deliverd this saturaday. Manager overheard us dickering about deliver day & said yes we can have it to you wed..Wated all day wed & no fridge. Cld & mgr busy with another cust per other sales rep..by 6 o'clock told rep this was unacceptable & I am a paying cust too! Drove back to store, 30 mins away in 6:00 o'clock traffic. Long,long story later...They deliverd me a dented, scratched & vent cover broken fridge on saturaday. Now they say it is up to me to make arrangements for Sears to p/u if I don't want it. OMG! This is the old "Bait & Switch Deal" Sold me perfectly good fridge at store & sent a dented one in hopes I would take the $150.00 offerd for Dent on front & by Kenmore Emblem..Just ridiculous..If I wanted dented or used I would have went to the Sears Used Outlet!!! Still not over. Now trying to speak to someone to return it.

Joanna G. 8/5/14 4:35PM
  • 1.5 year old Kenmore fridge that has had repeated repairs for excessive noise and water leaks. It has damaged my kitchen floor and leaked onto the ceiling below, leaving stains and possible mould. Two claims for damage have been submitted by the attending repairman and NO follow up has been done by Sears. I have spent hours on the phone plus 5 days over the last 1.5 years waiting for repairmen. They will not replace the fridge. Totally substandard customer service. I have been a customer for many years, and over the last seven years alone, I have purchased 3 refrigerators as well as several other appliances. I will not be shopping at Sears in the future.

EX Sears Customer 8/5/14 7:11AM
  • On August 4, 2014 at 11:11 AM I made arrangements to have 4 new tires put on my vehicle. The installation completion committment which was documented on my paperwork was 12:30 PM. Well, I arrived back to the auto department at 12:30 and the vehicle wasn't even in the shop. After I complained it was taken into the shop. I did not leave the auto department until 2:30 PM. I was never informed that the tire installation would take longer. If I was I would have cancelled and left the store. I observed the workers and they were slower then molasses and appeared to not even give a damn. Hey Sears, if you commit to a time then keep it. This has turned me sour on the auto departments entire method of operation. Totally unacceptable. I'll purchase upcoming tires for my other vehicle elsewhere.

Joe 8/5/14 5:27AM
  • Today was the first time visiting the auto center and it will be my last. It took 10 minutes initially to be waited on. Employees kept passing by saying,'Someone will be with you shortly'. It seemed as if no one was in a hurry or had much to do. I was finally waited on and left to do some shopping. 1 1/2 hours later wait another 5 minutes for the guy to say it will be another 15 minutes or so. I asked him if they had even worked on my car, he said no. I told him that I wanted my keys and I have things to do. That 1 1/2 hours is plenty enough time. Corporate May want to watch the video tapes to see therir employees move at a sloth like speed.

LAVaughn 8/4/14 1:44PM
  • Horrendous customer service!! Sat at home waiting for a sofa to be delivered. No show! When I called it took 20 minutes for them to tell me it didn't show up at the warehouse. I will never order online again and probably won't do business with Sears again!

wizzof4 8/2/14 5:22PM
  • I lost so much money and time because of them, I feel like crying, I'm devastated. Here is what happened: called sears 6 times to ask if I can be 100% sure that I would get my mattress by Aug 1. I told them that if we do not get it I won't have where and how to sleep (we moved from the east coast to LA). They told me I can count on it. On the morning of the scheduled delivery I called again. The guy at customer service wasn't very nice. I told them that they are over an hour late and he said that I should ignore the time frame for the delivery, but be sure that the mattress would get to my place by that evening. After they were 8 hours late, it was night already, I called them. They put me on a long hold after promising to check. The line was disconnected. I called again cause she didn't get back to me. THEN - they tell me I will not get the mattress tonight or in the next couple of days. Where would we sleep? They didn't seem to really care. I had to go to a hotel. And luckily found a different store which will deliver a great mattress soon. Anyway - After buying with sears for a few years, so many items, in my family - never again. I feel horrible now.

lesro 8/1/14 11:24PM
  • I would not recommend sears.com. They do not back up their product. They leave you with no options when dissatisfied.

Anonymous 8/1/14 6:56PM
  • Bought a new Washer and Dryer. After only 1 month the washer broke. 1st scheduled service appt was two weeks wait. Repairmen came and said he needed to order a new circuit board and would be back the next Wednesday at 10:00am. (He only comes to our town once a week.) The night before, on Tuesday, we received a call from Sears on our answering machine that they would be out the next day (Wednesday) between 8a-12p. At 12:30p my husband called because the repairman had not shown up. He was told that it would be later in the afternoon. He told them no, he had another appt and would not be back home until after 5p.They said they would try to get the repairman there after 5p. I got home and there was a sticker on the door that he came at 3p. I called Sears and was told that they could not get another appt for 2 more weeks! We have taken off work twice and still DO NOT HAVE A WORKING appliance. I just had Sears come out to give me an estimate on a new AC unit. They WILL NOT be getting my business if this is how we will be treated.

Dollbaby1764 7/31/14 7:18AM
  • I will NEVER be doing business with SEARS again. i bought a stove from my nearest store and it was suppose to be delivered today in the afternoon. not only did they get the phone number wrong, they never delivered it because they said the person who picked up the phone said it was not theirs. when we called to ask why the stove had NOT been delivered as scheduled, we were told the above. we were also told that the driver drove by and no one was here. well they came by in the morning, NOT the afternoon as we were told the night before. we asked for it to be delivered later this afternoon as it was only 4PM and was told everyone had gone home. REALLY? and they would not be able to deliver until Thrusday.. this was totally unacceptable as i have NO stove. they would not make any arrangement for the next day although this has been SEARS fault not mine. i have already lost time at work to be sure i was home when they told me they would come. there was NO phone calls on my answering machine to let me know that they had tried to call me and NO note of any kind saying they tried to deliver earlier. i will never buy another thing from Sears as your customer Service SUCKS!!!!!!! and i will let others know just how bad it is. i have bought all my large appliances from SEARS as the quality was always excellant and i have NEVER had this problem before. but the way i was treated and this whole screw up is too much. i will take my business elsewhere.

Donna 7/29/14 1:22PM
  • Sears:

I ordered a couch and chair from Sears online in Nov 2013. The furniture was delivered Dec 2013 and not unpacked just delivered and sat down in my living room. I was moving to a new house so left it as it was until after I moved. When I unpacked it, it was a factory fault where there were no holes drilled into the bottom of the furniture to add the legs. I called Sears in February and have made at least 30 phone calls to them since. I received a new chair on June 26 and a new couch finally on July 26. I asked for monies back for my trouble, days I have had to take off work, and the time I have put in making phone calls. Yesterday when the couch was delivered the delivery staff from Sears was verbally abusive calling me a dumbass to each other outside in my driveway. Now if I could hear that from my front door - so could my neighbors. They called me a dumbass at least 10 times and a stupid idiot because I did not drill the holes in the bottom of the couch myself. Megan called this morning and was not interested in discussing the incident from July 26 at all and simply said she was refunding my account $310.00 for my trouble. I never agreed to $310.00 and am quite sure it would be more than $310.00. How much is 8 months of not using a couch and chair because it was delivered with a default and not unpacked or put together? How much is at least 30 phone calls back and forth and having to explain the situation over and over again for 8 months? How much is taking a day off work when I was assured something was being delivered only to not have it delivered? How much is having Sears delivery staff come in to my house and abuse me and call me names? I didn't sign up for any of this. I signed up for a couch and chair - that's it.

EJSZ 7/27/14 8:38AM
  • Sears service in one word - UNRESPONSIVE!!!! Ordered 2 bookcases on June 13 online, they were shipped on June 18 from San Diego, and were supposed to arrive June 26. We waited and waited to be contacted about delivery. We have made many phone calls, and the representatives had NO knowledge of our shipment. There are FIVE middlemen involved in this mess:: Martin Office Furniture, Home Direct, Cymax, MXD Group, and New England of Charlotte. Only Agent 1014 from New England was responsive. We will NEVER order anything online from Sears again. It has been a nightmare. Here's the only e-mail correspondence. WE EXPECT AN ANSWER FROM SEARS UPON RECEIPT OF THIS COMPLAINT!

Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 8:42 AM - From New England of Charlotte

We received a call this morning on the above waybill from the customer wanting to know why they have not received their delivery of the (2) bookcases that were ordered on 6/13. Can someone please let us know where the missing bookcase is located? These were retirement gifts for the customers. They are very upset that we cannot locate the missing bookcase. The customer also stated that she has called several people including HD. She was on hold with HD for a long period of time and then they hung up on her. She has not got an answer on where this is located. Please note that I have included the customer in on this email so she can be kept in the loop. She would like an answer today to where the bookcase is. Please see the scans below that are in the system. Please let me know ASAP.

- short Huntington Oxford Bookcases (item 2). Please do a dock search for the missing piece N ( Update ) Y

was listed on manIfest MXD119780 but did not check off trailer? Can you do a dock search for the missing pieces? (this is the bookcase that we received on 7/21. N ( Update ) Y
    Close Memo: mehmood/cymax email: Hello, Could you please advise as to the status of PO VRC121-8434589? Tracking shows waybill # 6B5126 registered on 17 Jun 2014, but the item does not seem to be in transit. Could you please advise? Thanks for your time. Regards, Mehmood.S. Cymax Stores. I emailed [email protected] for pick up eta. Y ( Update )

Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 3:02 PM - From New England and MXD Group

Ms. Morrison,

Please see the comment below that I received back from our Atlanta terminal. I am waiting on a response from Cymax. I just wanted to keep you updated

Thursday, July 24, 2014 1:42 PM - From MXD Group

Subject: RE: 6B5126 ***URGENT***URGENT***URGENT***

Good Afternoon,

ATX only received 1 bookcase of the Ontario California location and they sent that to you. The missing book case was never received from the shipper. I had ATX do a dock search for the missing bookcase but they do not have it. I also asked the Ontario location to do a dock search just in case it was actually shipped to them. That is all the info I can provide.

Thanks,

Karrie Marioth

Tried to send the following e-mail to Sears from the e-mail address given by a manager, Joseph #14445, who hang up on us after being on hold for 45 minutes!!!! He didn�¢ï¿½ï¿½t even know the correct address, and it came back.

Sears order was completed online on 6-13-14. It shipped 6-18 and was supposed to arrive 6-26. Started calling 7-11to find out where it is. Have made many phone calls with no satisfaction until we called New England of Charlotte 800-224-7192 and found out that one is in Charlotte, NC, 30 min. from us. I was on the phone on hold for 45 min. with Sears employee Joseph Ext. 14455, who did nothing and then hung up on me. I ended up talking to some foreigner Mosin and had to tell the entire story AGAIN. We want the one delivered immediately. Then Sears needs to send the other one within 24 hrs. or we demand a refund. We want a call from a Manager tomorrow morning Jay and Miriam Morrison

Disgusted 7/25/14 5:02AM
  • DO NOT buy appliances from Sears. We purchased a "brand new" Samsung refrigerator in July 2013, and it required a service call as it was not cooling within a month. Since then, the freezer part has broken, and we have had 4 total service calls. The freezer is not working AGAIN, and now they say the warranty is expired, so we would have to pay to have it fixed -- ALL when the problem has been apparent for nearly the full year!!! I wish there was a lemon law for appliances!! Sears has been NO help. Might as well have bought it on Craig's List for all the help Sears has been.

Anonymous 7/23/14 11:26AM
  • Never ever buy from sears. The order was mixed up right from the call station, then delivery email was incorrect, delivery with COD was incorrect. Ordered a painting which did not look anything like the online picture. Had trouble sending it back. Could not get hold of anyone, spoke to 5 different people to try to rectify situation, none were at all helpful, no accountability. Will never ever order there again.

unsatisfied customer 7/22/14 6:59PM
  • I recently had sears replace the springs on my garage door. I called and asked how much it would cost to have the springs replaced. I was told that they could not tell me that, the repair person would have to come out and tell me. I scheduled an appointment for two days in the future, which was a Saturday. The next day I get a call from a person who says that they're all booked on Saturday. They also ask me if I already have the garage door opener. I tell her I'm not looking for an opener I'm looking for torsion springs. She says she'll change the order to reflect that. The next day I get a reminder call and once again they ask if I already have the garage door opener. I tell this person, once again I'm looking for torsion springs not an opener. She also tells me she'll change the order. Also she tells me I have to pay $69.99 for an estimate and that will be applied to the cost of the installation.

The guy shows up and looks at the broken spring and says it will cost $399 but they have a coupon for $100 that will be applied. Also, there is a charge for $39 for the service call. I don't know where this guy's last appointment was or where he's coming from but unless it's from another state I'm thinking this is on the pricy side. I am hesitant but agree, since they already have my $69.99. One small thing is that I told the original person the address was Deer Run and what they put down is Gear Run. I'm not sure that name makes any sense but oh well... At any rate the installation guy is friendly and does a good job, so I'm feeling better about things.

Then I check my VISA card and I have the charge for the installation for $338 and also the charge for the estimate of $73.68 ($69.99) plus tax. I call Sears Garage Solutions (who installed the springs) and complain. They say that the $73.68 is charged by the part of Sears that schedules the service and I have to talk to them. She transfers the call to what turns out to be the wrong number. They in turn transfer me to the scheduling department. The person I talk to now says that her understanding is that the $73.68 is non-refundable and isn't applied against the installation but she will put in a request for a refund and in turn they will investigate what I was told, etc. I pointed out to her that it took all of 5 seconds for the installer to provide an estimate as there were two check marks on the repair invoice, one for a single door at $299 and one for a double door at $399. I guess checking the correct box is worth $73.68? I checked on Sears retail and the most expensive springs go for $160. That means it costs at the very least $178 to do the installation. It took the installation person about 1/2 hour to do the installation. That translates to around $356 per hour. Where do I sign up for that job. If I don't get reimbursed for the "estimate" I can add another $73.68 to non material cost which brings the cost of installation to around $251.68. Do you think I'll ever use Sears again for repairs or installations? Next time I'll do what I should have done this time, I'll do it myself.

Bob 7/22/14 11:29AM
  • Sears National Customer Relations

Sears has really fallen, and it is sad.

On April 27, 2014, I placed an order for 3 ball bearings, for my ZTS7500 mower. A mower I paid over $2500.00 for. The order number was W199289, for part number with a Substitute part number . When I received the parts, they were wrong. The part number sent was 17897SM. This bearing is 1/16 of an inch too small all around, and the spacer required to go with this bearing will not fit inside it, and around the mower blade shaft.

On Monday, May 5, 2014, I called Customer Service, and the lady I spoke with, confirmed it was not the part I ordered. She proceeded to order the part number I gave her, and she read back to me, verbatim, the part number, and its substitute number. On Tuesday, May 6th, I left work early as the bearings showed as having been delivered. When I opened the package, gee, what a surprise, the SAME warehouse in TEXAS, sent me the SAME WRONG PART.

I called Customer Service, fuming at this point, and although the young lady in your call center, tried to help, an additional 3 day wait, for a part that you have gotten WRONG twice, was unacceptable, and I asked to speak to a Supervisor. This is where I encountered David.

As I explained to David the 3 days wait was not acceptable, he went immediately into a defensive, I don�t give

a _ _ _ _ mode. When I asked if you can overnight it to me on Monday, why can�t you do the same on Tuesday? He had no answer, and no empathy. He is without a doubt, the biggest waste of oxygen on the planet. David does not give a flying flip whether I shop at Sears ever again. And guess what, Mission Accomplished.

I have spent more than $15,000.00, over the last 30 years buying nothing but Craftsman tools. So loyal was I to Craftsman tools, I made my wife return a tool she bought from Lowes, and get a Craftsman. I have 3, 6� high rolling Stainless Steel Craftsman chests full of Craftsman tools. Not to mention the countless small Craftsman tool chests, and bags. Every piece of lawn equipment I have says Craftsman. Never again. I will never set foot inside a Sears again to purchase a single Sears product. And it is a shame, because another David, in tools, in your Castleton Square store in Indianapolis is, and has been, an absolute joy to buy from. He is smart, friendly, and goes way beyond to help. But it ends there. Your store employees are as rude, and unhelpful, as are your Customer Service Supervisors. Their lack of product knowledge simply amazes me.

Thank God I have the internet, and Lowes, and can bypass Sears all together.

With sad regrets,

Mark T. Thompkins

Mark 7/21/14 12:48PM
  • I am terribly upset with your repair services in Tampa. My lawnmower has been with your people since 6/27/2014. Twice, I was notified by a computer generated call that My mower was ready for pick up, at "Westshore", for pick up. A waste of my time and money, they did not have it. Now they can't find it anywhere. Your people in the repair dept. say they are looking for it. That was several days ago. I've to be contacted at all by employee "Waldo" I want a mower now. I've had to call many times and places to get any information ,at all. No one has ever called me!! telephone

Hugh 7/20/14 4:40AM
  • Worst customer service ever - about even with Bangkok Airlines. Nice, sweet phone reps in Asia, but absolutely no power and no ability to get you through to anyone that can make a difference. I've been on the phone with them all day - over 92 minutes on hold and absolutely no closer than if I hadn't wasted my day. Literally I started calling at 9:30 this morning, and it is now 5:15p. Sears should close their doors - they are obsolete.

Appliance customer N.O. 7/19/14 3:18PM
  • Do not ever try to contact Sears customer service for installation. You cannot understand anyone who answers the phone. I spent 30 minutes just trying to explain that I bought a microwave/over combination and needed installation. She kept putting me on hold whenever I asked a simple question. After much frustration, she finally said that they do install appliances. After another 15 minutes, she took my information and scheduled the installation. I waited a week for the installation. The installation person who arrived was very nice but informed me that Sears only did repairs not installation. When I called back customer service, again a person who hardly spoke English answered the line and said that they did installation. She asked for my phone number, but it was not in the system. I asked how was my number not in the system when I received a reminder call about the installation. She then hung up on me.

Anonymous 7/17/14 4:42PM
  • Viewing positive Sears customer service ratings
  • I have been a Sears customer for almost 60 years and I have no complaints. The "terrible" should be tossed out from your ratings. The personnel I have dealt with over the years have been great. Yesterday I talked to one of your Parts representatives. She immediately took care of my situation and was fantastic to work with. Hope she is being paid well because she represents what I have come to expect from Sears over the years - super helpful employees. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Robert Overlie 8/22/14 1:49PM
  • I Just wanted to share the professional courtesy that was extended to me during a purchase at the Sears in Wilmington, NC.

Mr. Larry Lucas assisted me in making a decision regarding a stack: washer and dryer.

He took out his time to assist. I was very impressed with his professionalism and dedication to customers.

I have not received the washer/dryer yet. However, I thought I should write to express my approval of the service that I received in the store. This is the third stack/washer-dryer that I have owned that is a Kenmore appliance.

Thank you once again for your assistance in my purchase.

Anonymous 8/13/14 10:00AM
  • Broward Mall
    Westfield Mall
    Lawn and Garden dept.
    10-08-2014

Justin
    Execellent Employee
    Set the mood the rest of the day-

Be Back!

brendaburroughs7 8/10/14 2:54PM
  • I am not sure if anyone will see this but I would just like to leave a comment about a great experience I had at Sears in Coral Springs Fl. My husband and I went to Sears to get a pair of dickie shorts for work. They did not have his size so we just browsed around. There were other shorts on sale so we decided to buy a few pairs. When we got to the register we encountered a woman named Susan. She was absolutely wonderful. We discussed what a great sale the shorts were and that they only had his size in 3 different kinds. She then proceeded to look online for us to see if his size was available in the other 5 pairs that were offered. They were and we ordered all 5 of them and they are being shipped to our house. The entire time Susan was very helpful, and patient and had a fantastic attitude. She made our experience fantastic. I know there are always people complaining out there so I just wanted to let whomever know that we really appreciated Susan's customer service and help. You have a fantastic employee in the men's department at the Coral Square mall in Coral Springs Florida. She is the reason we will begin to frequent this sears location.

Anonymous 6/30/14 5:26PM
  • I had the best return experience today. I have lost two receipts - one for an online order and the other from purchase when I made the online order return. The cashier, Ian at Alderwood, was awesome and looked up the orders using my Visa. It ended up being four separate transactions to make all the returns needed and he never once gave off anything but a positive attitude, thanked ME for being patient and didn't say anything negative to the people waiting behind me (like, "sorry this is taking so long" - which I hate when cashiers do.) I couldn't say enough nice things about the experience.

shannonk 5/4/14 5:25PM
  • Having a relative that worked for and retired from Sears I was very aware of quality of service this company stands for and promotes. During a recent service issue with a snow blower I found the customer service personnel to be of very high quality. They took the time to read and ask questions about my issue and when all was over and done not only did they understand my point but took my side of the issue as theirs. In these days of low customer service, Sears stands head and shoulders above the rest. A tip of my hat and a big THANK YOU to Susan & Michael in customer service.

Mickey Heckman 1/30/14 11:28AM
  • I want to let you know that while shopping at the Greece Ridge mall in Rochester,NY at the Sears store I accidently forgot my credit card at the checkout. Upon arriving at home there was a message on my phone that my card was found. I am so grateful to the saleslady Debbie C. She went out of her way to make sure I got my card back. Thanks so much for your kindness . I hope manager receives my comment.

Anonymous 1/29/14 7:22PM
  • I'm writting in regards to an employee named Karol who works in Woodbridge, NJ. I thought about responding to a survey on the receipt but I wanted everyone to know what a wonderful young man he is.

I order 2 boots online, one for me and my mother to match. This was her Christmas Gift. When we recieved the order, one of the boots (my mothers) was the wrong size, the left boot was a size 7 1/2 and the right boot was a size 10. This was completely ridcoulous. I went to Sears in Woodbridge on Christmas Eve to return the order. The cashier returned the order and I was on the mission to see if I can find the same boot in a size 7 1/2. To give my mother for Christmas.

While some employees tried to help me, all they would say is, " Sorry, We don't have anymore in Stock." I was Devastated, that I did not have a gift for my mother. Karol walked up to me and told me to put another order in Sears.com, I was hesitant at first, but agreed to put in the order so my mother could get something for me this Christmas.

When I purchase the boots, it wasnt on sale anymore and he couldn't adjusted the prices online. While I was sad and upset I still put in the order, because this was something I needed. Karol knew that this was bothering me and didnt want me to leave the store disappointed. He told me that he will talk to the manager and see if a price adjustment can be made. He finished the order and proceeded to walk with me to the checkout line.

Karol was so personable. Conversation with him was very comfortable and honest. From christmas dinners and traditions to College dream and goals. He has very high values and is determine to do his best at everything he does. While WE waited a very long time in line. I got to know Karol as someone who lived in my town. Finally, we reached the register and he called for a manager and addressed the cashier of the situation. While the manager said she couldn't adjust the price, she told me, "Come back when you recieve the boots and we will be happy to make the price adjustment." I agreed and the manager continue to write her notes on my receipt. I expressed to the manager how wonderful he is and she stated to submit a survey that is attached to the receipt.

Karol has management material written all over him. He address customers with a smile and listen to their story and information before coming up with a solution. He presents himself professionally and engages in polite conversaton. He escorted me to the Cashier to make sure my needs were met.

These values are hard to find in Department stores from employees. Please ackowledge his hard work. Positive reinforcement is crucial. I just would like to say how much I appreciate and thank him for being so helpful and joyful on Christmas Eve.

Truly satisfied customer,

Guida Santos
    Woodbridge, NJ

gsantos 1/8/14 5:54PM
  • on line order froze when 'placing order'. telephone rep very helpful. assured me I would not receive multiple units, took my order

Anonymous 1/4/14 6:53AM
  • I came into the Washington square location in Tigard Oregon. I bought 2 ratcheting wrenches for work. The person billing me out asked if I wanted the reciept emailed. I said sure but I never received it. I need it to get reimbursed. I was hoping you could try and resend it.

[email protected] 12/8/13 11:37PM
  • sears is doing really good I have got the refund with in the given time frame. I will continue to purchase from sears

linda 12/4/13 2:47PM
  • Called Dec 2nd 2013 with question about renewed credit card. I spoke with an agent in North Carolina. I missed her name, but the call was around 11am my time. She was very kind and had me fixed up in less than 10 minutes. Sorry I missed her name, but kudos to her. Thanks

Anonymous 12/2/13 9:23AM
  • I an writing this to commend TIA COVINGTON.

TIA is with your Arizona customer service location. Let me first start out by saying I have been training customer service in the automotive industry [which is one of the hardest c/service jobs there is]for over 15years.

This all started about 3 weeks ago when are stove went out. From the first phone call until today have been a very upsetting experience. Today when TIA COVINGTON answered the phone it only took about 30seconds to know I had the right person. After everything I felt blessed.TIA went above and beyond what I have experienced with Sears or expected from most customer service.

In todays economy/society I would and you should feel TIA has a rare talent. She is also a resource you or any company should be proud of and in desperate need of.

I can't commend her enough.

THANK YOU AGAING TIA.

SINCERLY

Patrick Athey

ATHEY TEAM 11/3/13 12:25PM
  • Made a comment on the negative board on Oct. 11, 2013. Brian S from Sears Social Media Moderator left a reply and I emailed him at the address given but did not get a reply. However, I did call Sears Parts Direct again and a kind representative gave me the Sears Customer Solutions phone number and Penny at Customer Solutions understood my situation and ordered me the correct part which came in 2 days. It was not Sears fault I received the wrong part 3 times but the manufacturer's fault (Frigidaire). I needed a replacement freezer basket for my 10 month old refrigerator but the part was no longer available. So Frigidaire substituted a replacement part that did not fit in my freezer. The wrong part was sent to me 3 times. I did my own investigation and found out Frigidaire made a basket that would fit my freezer and requested Penny to send me that part. My 10 month old refrigerator is under warranty so there was no charge.

bellagril 10/16/13 1:13PM
  • very good service, 9-30-13, at Sears in Paducah Ky

purchased teeshirts from Steve,

Anonymous 10/1/13 4:25AM
  • I had a refrigerator repair yesterday. The technician was competent and all went well, AFAIK.
    My complaint is about the cost. The labor charge was $200 to install a $20 part, and the total time from when he entered the house to when he left was 30 minutes. That's $400 an hour! Even if there were a one-hour minimum, that's $200/hour. TOO MUCH! I have 40 years of clinical experience as a therapist and Blue Cross reimburses me $88/hour. I think this is gouging the public.

jdh 9/26/13 8:37AM
  • We had a great service conducted by your staff my the name of Riya, also attn: Sheila. This service, was in relation to a double charge charged to us by your repair section of the Sears Wonsocket store. This lady was very helpful and in understanding our complaint of double charge for a repair service on our vacuum cleaner purchased at such store. First at all the set was not fixed completely and very poorly maintained. We talked with Roy the store manager, and he was very agreeable in returning our double charge thru our ATM account...I wish to congratulated the service philosophy of Sears.....
    Nancy Fernandez and Armando Fernandez

Sears 9/14/13 7:37AM
  • I recently purchased a new mattress from Sears. The delivery was great. Through Liberty Service, Adam and Josh were professional and pleasant. Thank you,
    Nancy M.

Nancy 9/12/13 12:06PM
  • hello my name is i have a warranty i bought on 6 14 2011 because i was told that anything happen to my mower it will be covered up to $ 1500.00.but now i need that service and i was told that is covered under the warranty and i have to pay $ 154.04.that teller marketer after collecting my money did not give me more details or sending me a brochure.all what i need for my mower to be fixed and on my business.i am not begging from nobody and i would like that this situation to be solved and a lesson to learned. i work so hard to save money so i can leave better but to throw it out the windows.i am really not pleased for the way i was spoken.a mistake has been made somebody in that office should be able to solve this problem in few minutes without to many questions and attitudes because i am a human being and a customer at sears.i think you very much for your corporation.thank you.

Anonymous 8/28/13 3:16PM
  • I read all the comments on returning items to sears and just want to say today I returned a faulty water conditioner for a replacement and it went easier then when I bought it.
    Everyone had a smile and all went perfect.
    Have never had any issues when buying a product or returning a product to sears.

Bob, long beach ca...

Bob 8/25/13 7:45PM
  • assoc I RATE THE SERVICE OF Janette to be very friendly and helpful.

Janette 8/23/13 9:29AM
  • I always love Marian's dedication to her job. She works at KMart (#3424 in Gainesville, Fl)at the customer desk and
    she is so incredibly friendly and helpful.
    I remember when she was at KMart before that store was closed. When the young lady who was trying to return an item for me was having a problem I happen to see Marian and she came over and gave the lady a very simple solution. I always look forward to seeing Marion and she always has a smile and a "welcome to KMart or a Hi" for me. Thanks for employees like Marian.

Maggie 8/6/13 6:47PM
  • I bought a stainless steel fridge from Sears with a protection agreement 6 months ago. The fridge door started getting rust stains recently. Sears sent a technician out promptly who tried to clean it and then referred me to Customer Solutions for a replacement. Although I did have a hard time getting through to the right department at the number they gave me, and sat on hold once and got disconnected, I did get through to the right department. Ultimately, they are going to replace my fridge. I was really impressed that Sears stuck by me and I will buy appliances from them again.

popera71 6/19/13 10:00AM
  • On 8 31 2010 I purchased a Kenmore refrigerator.Not even two years later that little flapper at the top of the door broke off. My wife and I are in our late fifties and know how to take care of our things.I went to Sears and explained that the flapper thing broke off(I know it's to stop other door from opening when opening the other door)So I ordered the part 233-G and thought I could put It on myself only to find out It was not the flapper but was part of the door that the part attatched to. So needless to say I will need a whole new door. I can not tell you how sick I am about It, and MAD.Every time you open one door the other door pops open to I CAN'T stand this any more.Let me tell you a litte story,My Dad who once worked for Sears long ago, told me to always buy anything with a motor from Sears.I have a Craftsmen chainsaw,snowblower,leaf blowwer, bench grinder, vacuum chest freezer,air condo unit,need I go on? because there are many other thing too. I have a file cabinet full of manuals. I know your not going to do anything about it but just had to vent this to you.and don't tell me I should have went with an extended warrenty because I SHOULD'NT HAVE TO.So I just got this off my chest but know this fridge will out live me. Jack N. Hodgins p.s.other than that we do love the fridge, It works wonderfully.

jack 5/31/13 6:46PM
  • Hey everyone

The official company reply is genuine. I spoke with Patricia who is helping me to resolve my issue. Hang in there with your issues and I hope you get help also.

Charley

Charley 5/30/13 2:12PM
  • sears Charlottetown prince Edward island has to be the worst one to work for only because of the manager not going to name names but she has to be the worst person ever she treats her employees like crap and takes way to many vacations shes never there and when she comes back she starts yelling at every one like its there fault that she cant handle her job pathetic do not work here at all!!!!!!

guest 8/23/13 7:50AM

• I have been working at Sears for a couple of years now in Technical Support. Its really hard to do our job with disrespectful customers yelling and cursing at us while we are trying to fix there appliance over the phone. We just have them try easy things a kid can do but most are too lazy to help themselves would rather wait a week for a technician to do it for them. We all know people dont read there owners manual and dont have a clue on how to use a machine with new technology. Most customers are grateful to talk with us but we do get lots of weeds.

Love my job 11/14/12 11:45AM

• I wanted to know who I speak with other than the out of country line to speak with an HR Corporate Manager? I'm getting really sick of the robotic voices overseas! I quit my job yesterday due to harassment for my manager, and her sidekick, and I'm really thinking of filing a lawsuit! It was soooo bad what I went through, and I've got NO resolution at all! They totally let me quit my job without saying a word, and went to my manager behind my back without saying a word to me! I wrote a letter HR asked, and I tried to go to HR when I got in. I asked my old manager, and it was like all the managers banded together and took turns watching me! They wouldn't let me go downstairs, and I overheard my manager saying as I walked by that (my Name) is so aggressive because, loud enough so I could hear! It was like she knew I was listening to her! I'm positive the managers alerted them I was there when I left my desk in personal! I've heard from longterm employees that this manager has forced another agent to quit with harassing her as well! The HR manager went out of the room my manager was in and back into his office acting like he wasn't in the room speaking with my manager! I went upstairs and clocked out then I quit! The hr person just let me quit without hesitation, and it was like they didn't want me there! Who do I go to about this? It's like the managers all ban together when there is bad behavior! Please let me know!

Angie 6/5/12 10:50PM

• wow! You customers should do our job once in yur life, and understand how hard it is! All of you make our lives a living hell, and I cry every night after I go home. I need my job so I stay! I can't believe how much crap is written about us! This isn't the reps fault on the line with you, we do our jobs, and just because we aren't kissing your a** you hate us....wow! Try and take a look at yourself before judging the rep on YOUR issue! this isn't the fault of the call center, and it sure isnt the fault of the poor rep helping you! It goes both ways, nd this job is the worst job I've ever had as well! Do you think I want to help a person screaming and giving me attitude, when they don't even know how to use the device... People call with bs, and things that can be fixed so easy by yourself, and it's just plain lazy!!! I get cursed at, and I can't curse back, and called every name in the book, then you expect me to kiss your a**! I also don't get why you find it necessary to buy the product if you don't know how to work it, READ THE MANUAL! YOU ARE CALLING A CALL CENTER NOT THE STORE, AND WE ARE NOT THE ENEMY! CALL CORPORATE SEARS!!! I just got told that sears is going out of business, lol! ya right...we are te top service providers out there, and NOBODY can stand up to sears! Everything is going online in business thats why sears closed stores...duh! People are so tough behind a computer screen, if you have an issue got to the source, not behind the screen! We don't like you much either!!!!!

lacey24 5/5/12 7:39PM

• I worked at Sears for 6.5 years and for the record I left the company 2 months ago on my own accord. I have close to 20 years of supervisory/management experience and have never worked for a more screwed up company than Sears. They do nothing but shaft their employees and wonder why their business is declining. Their managers are constantly over burdened with pointless HR compliance and negative conference calls to worry about customers. As a technical manager I spent at least 8 hours a week (not kidding) on conference calls running through reports with district managers trying to bust techs for wasting time. Really? Please for the good of everyone involved shop somewhere other than Sears. My life is so much better since leaving there. I can only hope that the people I know that are still trapped in their cult like culture of death can get out.

Former Technical Manager 4/26/12 6:17PM

• I understand where you all are coming from. I work for Sears. We gotta be the dumbest retail customer service in the history. I’m looking for another job. If they find out I posted this I will get fired im sure. They have been getting rid of people left and right. We can’t even make a delivery on time or without it being damaged. The CEO is a moron. The management at the call center is horrible. I can’t wait to go to work and say, "I quit" Nobody has a clue what’s going on in that place. And its like a high school. He said she said. HR needs to find something to do as well. All they do is investigate stuff. Im not gonna get into specifics cause this could cause me to lose my job as Texas is an at will state. Meaning they could fire you. But if I get fired for something ill make em pay. I have documentation printed out and keep it in my safe of all the corrupt stuff that goes on there. If they do me dirty because they cant make the customers happy they will pay a price. I know how everything works. These idiots’ needs to worry about customer service and stop worrying about who said what and high school BS. Sears is going out of business at a rapid pace. Just Google it. Wall Street tells it how it is. Its time to jump off the sinking ship. Most of my associates have quit already or been let go. They try to lie and hide whats going on but were not stupid. Buh bye for now.

Sincerely,

You wish you knew who this was.

P.S. You WILL know who this is when I quit ;)

Anonymous 3/30/12 3:15PM

• i work for sears,i am also a customer,i buy the service contracts and have several,they are a good value,if they were not i would not buy them myself.i have to agree that sears is not what it used to be but they try every day to improve.and i have seen a lot of imporvement in the last 6 months.

dennis 2/16/12 6:22AM

• I once worked at Sears but only for a bit, the training that they offer us is so poor and the employee treatment is awful. Taking my lunches and breaks was another hassle to always look for someone to cover our breaks and lunches. Also sometimes we got off at a certain time and nobody would come to open the store doors one time we had to wait for 20 minutes for the manager to open the doors and for us to leave after having clocked out and didn't pay us for the time we were just waiting for the manager. So I never shop here and never will because i know the treatment they offer their employees and the bad customer service.

esa 12/29/11 8:30PM

• i worked as a service tech for sears in harvey il& joliet,il for 37 years.i loved my job & loved helping people.then in the last 10 years or so they hired mangament that knew nothing about service.the employees have been beaten into the ground.i hate sears so much that i will not even enter the store.that my friends is why you are having service problems...they simply dont give a darn.

GLAD TO BE GONE 12/28/11 9:16AM

• In the spirit of full disclosure I'll start by saying I'm currently a customer solutions agent in the escalations dept in Round Rock, Texas. In fact I recognize two complaints on here as I handled your concern.
    As is usually the case the truth lies in "the middle". Some of the issues raised here are valid and cogent, while many others are complaints dreamed up by angry customers who are writing to complain because they didn't get their way or are ignorant of what it is we do.
    For example...I wish I had a dollar for every time I had a customer complain about how Sears doesn't make things like they used to. Uh...folks, I have news for you...sears doesn't manufacture a thing. We're Sears. We're NOT Whirlpool...GE...Kenmore...Samsung...or LG. We don't manufacture a thing. We simply sell and service items manufactured by OTHERS. When you buy a car at a dealership do you really think they manufacture the car out back and then drive it to the front of the lot?? Nope. They buy it from Ford...Toyota...etc and sell/service it.
    That's just one example of a customer's criticism that is based on ignorance. Keep in mind anyone can post anything online because of the anonymity factor. Sure, some of the concerns raised here are legit and inexcusable. However, a good amount of stuff on here doesn't pass the smell test and is only half-truths at best. Next time I post I'll address the myth that we don't care about the customer by explaining how many millions of dollars we give out to customers every year...and how customers will play games and try to work the system to get hundreds in gift cards by basically giving us false names...addresses...phone numbers...and posting bogus online reviews hoping our offline social media dept will try to shut them up with....you got it....more gift cards

The Truth 11/22/11 4:20AM

• As a former Technical Support Specialist for Sears Holdings in Round Rock, Texas, I can tell all of you, YOU ARE ALL ABSOLUTELY CORRECT! Not only is the customer service terrible, but this is also a horrible place to work at. I started in summer of 2010 & left in May 2011 & I will tell you 1st hand, there are no real technical support experts you talk to on the phone. Just a bunch of college kids, single moms, disgruntled middle aged men & people just passing through until a better opportunity comes along. Its not their fault. The fault really rests on the managers who have a cold-hearted outlook on true customer service. Yea, they promise you champagne wishes & caviar dreams & apologize non-stop on the phone & tell you, "yes sir/yes ma'am I can fix this over the phone", but honestly, only 20% of those promises are actually followed through. Plus, were given a 6 week crash course on product troubleshooting (which no one becomes a true expert on), along with poor scripts on how to deliver true customer service, which is a absolute joke. And those home improvement specials, FORGET ABOUT IT! Half that crap falls apart after a year or two. I would know, because customers have told me on the phone. The worst is when technicians cancel repairs & the customer calls & we find out thru the routing department that the tech cancelled at the last minute & we are the ones that have to break the news. I learned that the routing department is not responsible for informing customers that techs have cancelled. They are a seperate local division. They really expect the customer to call & check the status. ABSOLUTE SLAP IN THE FACE! I will say that even though no system is perfect, Sears makes T-Mobile look like the Vatican & we all know how bad T-Mobile is, but I digress. The warranty is a nightmare in itself. DO NOT BUY THE SSA! In fact, if you have any kind of warranty with this company, DO NOT RENEW IT! SSA is the worst, because its a 1 year contract, only covers parts up to $500.00 and there are no guarantees that if the item (i.e. dishwasher, front load washer, tractor) isn't able to be repaired, SEARS WILL NOT REPLACE YOUR PRODUCT! Also, if its more than 10 years old, there's no way in hell you can readily find parts for it. I was trained to either have the customer buy a SSA (which we receive commission on), renew the Master Protection Agreement, setup a repair (where you have to pay $129.00 just for a tech to come out & look at your product), or buy a new product. As far as my experience on the phone goes, I do not remember who I talked to or anything, but if anyone has felt jaded, scammed or just pissed off that their problem didn't get resolved, I apologize. My managers, who I'm pretty sure are nice people outside the office, were petty, mean, unreliable, and just didn't know how to tell employees on the phone how to deliver better resolutions to problems. Not to mention I couldn't even get time off for my daughter's 1st birthday, but I digress (again). As a customer now, I can tell you all, I wouldn't buy a dead rat from this place, even if it were stuffed with a $1 million dollar check & it was given to me for free. So overall, everyone please take heed: DO NOT BUY FROM SEARS! Go to Lowes, Best Buy, heck, you'd even have better luck on craigslist.com if you want a quality product. Its not that people don't take their job seriously, but the person you speak with on the phone is trying to keep their head above water & has only 3 minutes to either reach a resolution or tell you any kind of crap you wanna hear or their gonna get a write up (PPI) or won't receive any recognition or commission if their metrics aren't met. So, what's the silver lining in all of this...well, as of 2012, this company might be finished. Look up the first quarter sales for Sears Holdings & see why they might fold & turn into Kmart. These are actual facts, no rumors or lies. As I stated before, no company or system is perfect, but Sears has fallen drastically and quite frankly, it is not the same as it use to be. If you want great customer service, REAL technical support & quality product, DO NOT BUY FROM SEARS!

Ghetto7Swords 9/28/11 10:47AM

• SEARS Holding, Inc., owned by billionaire hedge fund guru Eddie Lampert, is not the SEARS it used to be. Employees are treated like indentured slaves. They are REQUIRED to ask EVERY custoeemr to apply for a Sears credit card, Sears Mastercard, or a Sears Charge Plus Card Plus Card. If the employees don't open a minimum of five Sears credit cards per every TWO weeks, they can be fired. Many do get fired. In this economy it's difficult to reach that goal, esp. in a SMALL Sears like in Key West, FL., where very few customers are in the store! Employees are REQUIRED to sell a minimum number of PROTECETION AGREEMENTS, such as on large appliances, based on sales. If the employee doesn't, they can be fired. Customers complain daily that all of these questions are annoying, & they slow down the sale at the cash register. They are right! The employee has to inform the customer to fill out a 1 questions survey on the check-out screen, after they pay. Then they are told they can win a Sears gift card if they go online & fill out a customer service survey. Sears tries to convince their employees, they're "creating customers for life." IN reality, all the presure on the customers to buy these extras, & all the required questions, annoys most customers & they complain about it! Employees in the Appliances Dept. do NOT GET PAID an hourly wage. After $9/hr. training for one week on the sales floor, employees get only an average of 2+1/2% commission on some large appliances. ON some items in Appliances Dept. they get nothing; it depends on the brand. On air conditioners, they're lucky to get $1.00. Appliance Dept. is NOT the big money many people seem to think it is. It is cut0throat, full of miserable employees, and they are under such pressure to sell Sears credit cards, Protection Agreements (P.A.'s), Sears Protection Plans, & SYWR memberships, that most employees resent it, esp. in this economy. It is very difficult to reach the numbers corporate expects, as they lack customers in the store in Key West, FL on many days, & teh economy has completely changed consumer spending habits. Sears puts their employees under so much pressure from the day tehy are hires, that many quit. They are unrealistic. Think about this next time you shop at Sears. I suggest shopping elsewhere. They treat employees at teh KEy WEst store like crap, with expectations that make them nervous to lose their job on a daily basis. What kind of culture is this? Greed from corporate. The trainer used to get paid to trin a new employee. NO more! The salesperson expected to train the new salesperaon in the Appliances Dept. , was an employee on commission-only, & no longer gets paid to train. Thus, their attitude was, "Why should I waste my time training this new person? It may hurt my sales." Sears = Greed. If an employee spends an hour educating & helping the customer & they go home & order the product online, instead of in the store, the employee get paid zero. It happens all the time, because they need to confer with their spouse, or get a measurement, etc. Commision-only sales in the Appliances adopet,. is a scam for the employee who loses in the end, at least at Sears in KEy West, FL. The store is constantly out of stock of items, & many customers do not want to wait one week, or often much longer, to have an appliance delivered. The delivery fee is usually $69 or more, even if you have to wait a month for the merchandise.

Anonymous 8/5/11 5:41AM

• I'm a Sears employee and sympathize with the customers greatly! I don't work in a store but the corporate office. They say customers are #1 and employees #2 in their book. Well, the employees feel just like the customers that have posted their comments. But in this economy, who has the option to change jobs? Don't worry, they're not giving us the profits either. I am reviewed "on a curve" and have to do more than exceptional at what my job is to get rated better than acceptable. It seems if I don't create some miracle to happen, there is no recognition. We have not had cost of living increases except 1 time in 4 years. But not to worry, if you know someone at the top, you can sit and balance your checkbook, shop online, facebook your friends, and chit chat half the day with the big wigs and for that, you get promoted because they have put you on the fast track up. For hard work, dedication, devotion and annoyance with the forementioned behavior, you get told you are doing the job you were hired to do and there is no compensation for that.

Yes, as you may have guessed, I am seeking a new opportunity just as the previous CEO, CFO and others have. I rarely see promotions going to the people who put forth the most effort, but more to the people who's "daddies" know some big wig in the company. And they wonder why things don't improve. They should really take the blinders off and see REALITY!

I tried to have a conversation/debate with the "Chairman" about some of the insane policies that have been implemented, but was given a warning that he has a lot invested in the company and my comments were not appreciated. I guess if he doesn't get a pay raise he won't be able to fly around in his private jet. I don't get one and I have to figure out how to budget a rent increase, continuing to drive to work everyday, etc.

The priorities of this company are way off kilter! Unless you want to fund Eddie Lampert's next excursion!

I also avoid purchasing from sears since I ordered a laptop and forgot to check to make sure it had a disk drive. (silly thing to think about on a laptop these days isn't it?)

We also purchased a dishwasher, provided a delivery phone # and they couldn't find the number, this was after over an hour to checkout. What is so difficult about this process? It was at least 15 minutes while they made a copy of the delivery ticket...then they messed up the receipt and I had to go back to have them correct it.

You get what you pay for and until Mr. Lampert realizes he needs to pay his employees, customers will continue to get sub-par service.

But don't worry, India will have plenty of employees because of Sears, they opened Sears of India to "handle" the lower cost customer service, and if you can get them to understand English, you are doing well! (Note: the corporate office is starting to look like a miniature India).

Disgruntled but Employed 5/31/11 4:34PM

• I blame the customers ... they come into the store and immediately begin with their rude, snide and unfriendly comments. I have been cursed at, grabbed, threatened and once even hit but customers because of some issue completely unrelated to the store ... but with delivery, service, etc...

Get with it people! Don't take your frustrations out on us. We're just trying to keep our jobs.

mgr 5/29/11 7:47PM

• everyone has a complaint... I understand that people are upset that tech is running late, was rs, part was delay, or repair is taking long... But please when calling quit saying "i pay for a warranty that does not offer anything" READ your warranty before you open your mouth. People dont understand that as a Sears employee we are treated like trash.People are being discriminated in the company and no one does anything managers likes to partner up to be mean and fire people. If we lie to customers is because no one as the answer of all the issues. I dont work for Sears anymore, as a customer you cant expect Sears to care when they dont care for their employees.

Liz 11/8/10 9:40PM

• To all the customers that feel that they have been delt with in the wrong way first and foremost I would like to extend my apologies to all of you we have several systems set in place for loyal customers such as yourselves unfortunalty sometimes that issue seems to fall through cracks not every company is perfect but we are definetly willing to work with you we have assembled a special team to deal with the complaints that everybody on this page is mentioning and we are ready to take ur call and try to make things right once again.... and our managers do care about the associates and especialy our cust cause they are the one that provides us with our job please forgive us and let us earn your trust once again

Anonymous 10/27/10 12:34PM

• My name is Shayne with the Sears Escalations Team. First please allow me to apologize for the delay in responding to the many different complaints on this sight with Sears. Here at Sears, we value each and every customer that we have. Unfortunately, there are times when we miss the mark as far as poor customer service, not showing up on time for a service call, delays in delivery and many other things. In our department we are working to tackle these issues one at a time as we come across them. We are a single point of contact for our customers and our case managers work an issue from the beginning to the end when we get a resolution that best suits our customers and Sears. I would like to ask each and every one of you to contact our office via email at [email protected] and we will have a case manager contact you directly within 24 hours of receipt of the email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please reference this web site, for reference to were you heard about us, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Anonymous 10/27/10 12:26PM

• i used to work for sears and i know i tried to give the best customer service but you see we were not paid enough and our bosses treated us bad and that is still the case today as i hear that is why the company is falling because managers dont care and they are suppose to be examples but their horrible ones. i remember them just being lazy and never seeing them around. and then were always grumpy and never want to be their and dont give good customer service so you see this repeated cycle..

Anonymous 6/27/10 10:54PM

• To everyone that has had issues with Sears:

Shayne W.
    Senior Case Manager
    Sears Cares

SearsCares 6/4/10 10:20AM

• I must say, Our store has the best team. I love working with these great people. But I have noticed that all the hard work that these people do arenWRTH THE PAY!! Come on sears. If you want to keep your fine hardworking people, you have to pay your people way better. I mean 3 years and 7.50 how are we going to pay our bills. I'm a L.P. Officer and I have savedyour store alot of money. I have work with the company for two years. MY PAY 8.40...Thats bad!!!! I also have three children.By did ya know that L.P. Officers pay starts out at 12.00. I question myself why I stay. Thats easy I LOVE the fine people I work with. But Sears you have to pay your people better, or you will get young kids whom don't give a crap about sales or customers. Just saying:~{

Anonymous 1/14/10 8:17AM

• Oh and it's usually not the techs fault that they don't make it to you. Most techs complete on average 7-8 calls a day depending what the specialty is, yet we are given 12-13 calls to "try" and complete. So at 8 a.m there are about 5 customers that will be disappointed. So think twice about giving the techs attitude because we hear it all day every day and we still are forced to work at least 1-2 hours overtime every day.

Anonymous 11/18/09 6:42PM

• I work for this company and they are digging there own grave. They are hiring people who don't have any expierience and don't have a desire to learn and those who want training are denied... Plus they prefer getting a good survey score over fixing a customers unit. Just a heads up to you all. The techs that know what they are doing are moving on.

Anonymous 11/18/09 6:23PM

• Dear Sears Customers

My name is David and I work for the Sears Cares executive team. It is disappointing to read about the problems that you have experienced with Sears. We are concerned with the service you have received and would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you regarding your experiences. At your convenience please contact my office via email at [email protected] so we can further discuss your concerns. We would be more than glad to discuss any questions, concerns, and experiences you may have. In your email please provide a brief description of your issue and a phone number where we can contact you at your convenience.

David V.
    Senior Case Manager

SearsCares 8/28/09 8:36AM

• MY GOD!

As a part-time Sears employee for nearly 6 years (and now at $8.36 per hour without any benefits I can afford), I WANT TO SINCERELY APOLOGIZE TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE POSTED HERE TO DATE: ALL 61 POSTERS as of my writing this.

Obviously given my pay, I am an easily dispensable nobody at Sears - which probably won't mean much to you given the awful things you all have written here about your experience with my employer. BUT, I write in spite of being a disposable employee to SEARS, to let you know that SOME PEOPLE at Sears do care and REALLY DO TRY THEIR UTMOST to help.

Please know that some of Sears' employees (however lowly like me) actually do have spines. We don't call out sick or claim that our truck broke down again. Jeesh! How old are these trucks ever breaking down anyway? And are service repairmen ever subject to exposure to germs given going to people's home or what? STUPID.

Some of us, regardless of pay or unrealistic expectactions on the part of the corporation or our immediate bosses in the "food chain," believe that if we accept any employment at all, however modest that employment, then we are responsible for performing that job to our best abilities. I wanted you to know that however awful your experience, some of us work incredibly hard to make things work not only for this company - but for YOU. And again, and although it probably means nothing - I apologize for my company.

Over my 6 part-time years at Sears, they actually have been trying to "get it" - but are slow. Frankly, I often wonder if they genuinely realize what it takes to make it anymore. But then again, I realize that Sears became a GIANT for very good reasons. Now, I think Sears' problems are that it's size and longevity now hinders the very improvements that can help all of you, with the problems you have been experiencing.

Sometimes only giant bureaucracies like Sears can get important things done - like that which established the Sears reputation for excellence in many areas. Yet, the drawback is that their size ultimately hinders the changes needed to maintain excellence. Ya know?

Yeah, yeah, I know the above does NOTHING to make you feel better about your applicance failure or Sears' failures in customer service. But, as an employee, what I can tell you is that the company has been trying to change for the better in my 6 years there. Okay, my management is really stupid. I get that and like, DUH! I work there! But, this a huge, old business culture. And frankly, most huge, old cultures don't react to change all that well. My guys are going to either get it or not. I apologize if YOU, my company's customer, is suffering in this process of adapting.

Now, I know the above might not mean much - but, in these economic times especially, maybe it's only websites like this that will help our corporate giants to discover and do whatever it is they need to do to survive - which INCLUDES your customer satisfaction. Jeesh! My company has failed miserably!!!

IN spite of the above, I urge you all to not give up on Sears and to write, rewrite, mail, e-mail, call, leave messages - do and do and do - to make this company get a clue. Maybe it's a company worth saving (and without a socialistic governemtn bail out too!!) and only YOUR complaints - constant - consistent - specific and etc. - will make this huge company change.

Again, I'm so, so sorry for your awful experience with my employer, Sears Holdings. My CEO should be writing at least a few of you in order to have a hope of keeping you as a Sears customer - and not me - a disposble employee. I'm sorry for that too.

I also know this doesn't mean much given how very much money you all have spent at Sears - or lost in addition to that failing appliance in particular. But, I know you might have used your vacation hours or have taken unpaid hours from YOUR work to wait for a Sears repairman to appear. Thank you.

I'm so, so sorry! Perhaps one of the big whigs at Sears will see this posting. Who knows except that I only hope it might matter to one of you.

I care. I care anyway. As a Sears employee your stories deeply embarrass me & I can't believe my national management hasn't come here yet, to comment.

Well, national management, you can't rely on $8.36 per hour employees to solve the problems expressed here. Again, I'm embarrassed by you!!! Are URLs like this to be the public face of Sears? Jeesh! Maybe YOU need to fire your national/regional customer service teams too!!!! Hire people who get it!!!!

Anonymous 5/6/09 12:59PM

• I am a former Sears / A&E Tech Manager and I understand everyone’s pain dealing with repairs with Sears and A&E Factory Service, which many of you know, are in fact one in the same company. And that’s why you receive the same service, or lack of service, whether you purchased your product at Sears or some other appliance dealer.

Many of us have trusted Sears and their products for many years. One thing we must remember about Sears is that “SEARS MAKES NOTHING” Sears sources their products from other manufacturers and places the Kenmore or Craftsman brand name on them. Consumers trusted the products they purchased from Sears, mainly because in years past, the products were quality products and although Sears didn’t manufacturer them, Sears stood behind the product, the service and most of all, were dedicated to ‘Customer Satisfaction’.

But companies in order to make shareholder’s money have cut costs on product components. Parts are manufactured overseas and that increases availability time and cost. Now, I have nothing against overseas manufacturing, many quality goods are manufactured overseas and it certainly enables the US consumer to live the American Dream, but we are not seeing the quality and longevity of products that we are accustomed to having in the past. Let’s face it, I don’t expect my DVD player to last as long as my refrigerator, but I do expect my refrigerator to last many years, or at least longer than my DVD player.

During my experience as a tech manager, I have seen many brand new $1,500 - $1,800 refrigerators stop cooling within a week after being delivered at the customer’s home. Most of the time it’s the ‘Compressor’, the heart of the cooling system, which has stopped working. Now the consumer can complain to the retail store until they are blue in the face, but Sears will not replace the unit, they will send out a technician, who most likely will not have this particular compressor in his truck stock. The technician will have to order the compressor and come back in about 7 – 8 days to evacuate the sealed Freon system, braze in a new compressor, test for leaks and replace with new Freon. Nor Sears or any other retail store wants this refrigerator back, why?? Because they can’t resell it as new.

In part, the lack of quality on major appliances is due to the consumer. Consumers want stylish appliances with 20 wash cycles or an in-door water and ice dispenser that enable us to have either ice cubes or crushed ice, water or juice, a clock and a cute illuminated night light. Very convenient, but we want all this convenience for a very affordable price. Manufacturers don’t want your refrigerator to last 20 years, as it did years ago. Sears just monopolizes on poor manufacturing. By the way, that electronic control board is about $500.00, + Labor. And if you’re fortunate, you’ll be within the warranty period or have paid for a Sears Protection Agreement.

As I said, I am a former Sears / A&E Tech Manager; I have heard many customers complain about the products and the service. So, possibly I can enlighten the consumer on the Sears / A&E In-Home Product Repair business.

Let’s start from the beginning. Mrs. Consumer has a problem with her appliance and calls
    1-800-4-MY-HOME. This call is connected to a Call Center in Round Rock, Texas, where you will be greeted by a representative. If you are a first time caller, the Rep will need to create a new account for you. If you are a repeat caller, your account will be on their computer system. Your account will have the usual customer name, address, telephone number(s) and a list of all your appliances with purchase dates, model/serial numbers and whether you have a Protection Agreement on that appliance.

You cannot ask any technical questions to the Rep, because they only make appointments. You cannot be transferred to anyone for Technical Assistance. Your only option is to set up a service call on a mutually agreed date, either an AM or PM appointment. The Rep does one other very important part of their job description; they will “push the sale of a Protection Agreement (PA)”.

Protection Agreements are the life blood of Sears. Protection Agreement pricing structures vary greatly from product to product. They are historically and statistically priced by the cost and frequency of component failures. One important fact to remember when being solicited to purchase a Protection Agreement; once you purchase it… you are locked into Sears / A&E as your repair company. And once your locked in, you, as the consumer are locked in to missed appointments, late running technicians, waiting at least a 7 – 10 days for a part and the ultimate frustration, after waiting a week or so for the part, either the part arrives broken or once the part is installed, the appliance still does not work and another part needs to be ordered. And YES!! This happens daily in the life of as Sears / A&E technician.

Getting back to your service appointment date. Your service date is directly connected to ‘CAPACITY’. Capacity relates to the number of Technicians (that work on your appliance) and the geographic area in which you live. Capacity is fed into a computer by the Regional Routing Center. Daily capacity is built by the number of technicians scheduled to work in any given day by location and industry. Capacity is built like airline companies sell seats………… they overbook!!

Sears has the ability and does overbook technicians, why?? Because they know there is always the possibility that on the day of the scheduled appointment, either the customer has forgotten about the appointment and went out, or the customer has cancelled because of any number of reasons. But a customer, who has waited a week for a scheduled appointment for a refrigerator that is not cooling, will not forget about the appointment. Also, there is a process in place, which automatically telephones the customer the night before the scheduled appointment to remind them of the service call. The District Management also has the authority to force overtime capacity into the technician’s schedule, which they have done.

Everyone in the Sears Product Repair business is rated on PRODUCTIVITY. From the District Service General Manager, the District Technical Manager, the Technical Managers and the Technicians. Productivity within Sears / A&E is rated on the number of jobs (Service Calls) per day. When a customer is ‘not home’ or ‘cancels’ their scheduled appointment that reduces the number of service calls the technician has on his route that day. Sears will do everything in their power to insure a technician does not complete his route early.

There are many reasons why a Technician is late for their scheduled AM or PM appointment. I have already touched on the practice of overbooking. When a technician has a full route and there are no cancellations or not at home’s, most likely, the technician will run late on his/her AM appointments, which has a domino affect on their remaining route. Worst case scenario, the technician may not complete his/her route that day and service calls will need to be rescheduled.

Another reason why technicians run late is because frankly, the appliance refuses to cooperate and it takes longer than normal to complete the diagnosis and/or repair. One of the biggest complaints technicians have is that there in not enough time allotted for the repairs. Each repair is allotted a certain amount of time which equates to the number of parts to be replaced. I have seen the auto-routing software schedule 5 AM appointments for a technician, with considerable drive time to each customer.

Additionally, Tech Managers have been known to add emergency service calls to technician’s daily routes. Emergency service calls are added because of irate customers, who may have been rescheduled the day before, or a multi-attempt repair that has stopped working, once again.

When you call the 1-800-4-MY-HOME number to inquire the whereabouts of your scheduled technician, just ask to be transferred to the local district’s Customer Service Reps. The 800 number is a national call center, they don’t have access to the technician’s route. Ask the 800 number Service Rep to transfer you to the local district’s customer service Reps. It’s the local Customer Service reps that will be able to find where your technician is and when he should be at your home. It’s the local district customer service reps that will be able to get all the answers you need about your schedule, appliance replacements, parts status, and the Tech Manager responsible for your service and repair.

Another big frustration by customers are Reschedules. Reschedules at Sears are a way of life. Customers take off from work, wait all day for the technician to arrive and they never show. Why?? Well, overbooking can play a role in reschedules, adding an emergency service call to a technician’s route can also contribute to a reschedule. Some common reasons are sickness and truck breakdowns. When a technician calls out sick in the morning, there may be 10 -12 service calls on their route that day. Now, given the fact that technicians’ routes are overbooked by design, doesn’t provide an avenue to redistribute 10 – 12 service calls to other technicians. Also, technicians do get sick during the day and elect to go home prior to completing their route. And of course truck breakdowns, their mechanical and are subject to breakdowns. This also contributes to reschedules.

The last reschedule problem I want to touch on are two man, helper calls. Many service calls require a HELPER to assist in moving appliances or completing the repair. I have seen the Sears automated scheduling system schedule the primary technician as his first call of the day and schedule the helper as his 3rd or 4th call of the day. This frustrates the technicians and at times both the primary and helper never get together and the service call is rescheduled. It is the responsibility of the primary technician to contact the Regional Routing Center to find out who his helper is, than he must call the helper to see when they will be available to meet. Helper calls can be ugly to both technicians and customers.

Now, customers may or may not get a telephone call notifying them their scheduled appointment, the one they have been waiting for all day, will need to be rescheduled. Technicians will not make that dreaded phone call to the customer and frankly, it’s not their responsibility. The responsibility to notify the customer that the technician is running late or their service call must be rescheduled, falls on the ‘Router’ at the Regional Routing Center. And frankly these Routers get beat up by angry customers, who Sears once again disappointed.

Each Regional Routing Center has a Router, this person is assigned a group of technicians and monitors their route throughout the day. Technicians can contact their Router when they need to notify them of potential problems with their route, if they get sick and are going home or when their truck breakdowns. The Router also contacts the Tech Manager with technician issues and problems. Technicians will also contact their Tech Manager directly throughout the day with problems and issues.

Another problem that frustrates customers are product replacements. As I stated earlier, even a brand new appliance in the customer’s home will not be replaced, if it can be repaired. Sears and A&E are in the ‘Repair’ business, not the replacement business.

I have spoken to angry customers who have a Protection Agreement on their appliance who will argue to have the appliance replaced, because the price of the repair is more than the replacement cost. Customers must remember, Sears is in this business to make money. Technicians are paid by the hour and installed parts cost about half of what a customer is charged for the parts.

An In-Warranty replacement of a product is charged back to the manufacturer, a product replacement under a Protection Agreement is charged back to the District. Each District maintains a monthly product replacement budget, but will do everything in their power to repair the product and not replace the product. For this reason I have seen customers wait many weeks for a part that was on back-order to arrive, rather than replace the product. The only sure way to obtain a product replacement is, if it needs a part which is ‘NLA’ – No Longer Available.

It is the responsibility of the Tech Manager to forward all replacements for approval. Replacement approvals are generally reviewed by the District’s Operations Manager. The operations manager has responsibility for the districts budget as it relates to product replacements, technician’s tools, supplies, safety equipment etc. Once the operations manager approves the replacement, the retail store is sent a replacement authorization, generally by e-mail and the customer is notified to come to the store.

Another complaint customers have are that the technician wasn’t familiar or knowledgeable with the product they were supposed to diagnose and repair. I have already touched on the fact that some technicians cross train in another industry and do not possess the same product knowledge or experience as the technician who work on these products exclusively.

Years ago, manufacturers had technical representatives who would visit regional training centers and train technicians on new products. Manufacturers have stopped this practice of providing field training. Sears now has employed the practice of providing Computer Based Training (CBT’S) disks. Technicians don’t like the CBT’s as it doesn’t provide the same level of training by hands-on instructor training. Also, the time a Tech Manager can allot to training is minimal, at best.

Tech Managers generally have “Ready Meetings” with their techs. Ready Meetings are designed to give the Tech Manager the opportunity to get his/her technicians together to disseminate information, procedures, handouts, or update their SST’s. Many Ready meetings can only be scheduled for 1 hour, because remember, everything revolves around ‘Productivity’ and a technician cannot be productive if he’s attending a meeting.

Many Ready Meetings are held for mandatory procedural education by Sears. Procedural education has absolutely nothing to do with product troubleshooting and repair. I can safely say many of the technicians get their training while under fire at the customer’s home. Many new appliances technicians are sent to repair, they have never even seen before. I have been told by technicians they were embarrassed in front of customers, because they didn’t even know how to open up an appliance. At the very best, possibly the technician was given a training CD, but he was never given the adequate time to view it.

HAVC technicians at Sears are specialized. They had to go through formal training and have a certification in Freon handling. Again, Sears does try to hire experienced technicians, but experienced HVAC Techs are very hard to find. Sears will hire an HVAC tech right out of Technical School. Some technical schools are very good, some just teach enough to pass the certification test. Many HVAC technicians do not possess the troubleshooting skills to adequately diagnose and repair a problem the first time or the second or third time. That’s why there are so many repeat service calls for the same problem. And this is not just HAVC, this practice runs all industries. Sears will send a new technician out on the road with an experienced tech for maybe, 2 - 4 weeks of training.

This training focuses mainly on how to operate as a Sears tech on a daily basis, learning how troubleshoot and repair are weak at best. The tech must learn how to operate his SST (Sears Smart Toolbox), this is the metal laptop that each technician uses to order parts, reschedule follow up service calls and oh yes, to determine your service bill if this was a collect service call. The SST also has product diagrams which show the technician a schematic of product components, which the tech uses constantly.

The technician also has another alternative HELP Hotline, ‘STACK’. STACK (Sears Technical Assistance Center). Also located in Round Rock, Texas is a technical call center, providing additional technical assistance. They have diagrams and microfiche
    diagrams to assist technicians in the field. But STACK is only as good as the technician is able to clearly communicate the problem. I have myself spoken to STACK and some of the complaints were that the technician wasn’t able to clearly articulate the problem.

Parts, lets talk a little about parts. I have been told by technicians and angry customers that when they called the 1-800-4-My-Home, they were told by the call center agent that the technician would have the part on their truck. In fact, there are many parts, hundreds of parts on each service vehicle. But the vehicle cannot carry every part for every model and manufacturer, it’s just impossible. Now there are two possibilities the customer was told the technician would bring the part, either the agent was new and shouldn’t have committed that the technician would have the part on the truck or the customer was angry and demanded the technician bring the part with him and the agent agreed, just to end the call. Yes I have heard about both scenarios.

You may wonder why the technician schedules his return service call 10 days out in the future. This is done because of the US Postal Service. Sears knows it takes at least this long to process the order and ship it out. Yes, the part will most likely arrive days prior to your scheduled service date, but to be sure the part does arrive, Sears uses a 10 day lead time, to insure the part arrives. Sears does not want to cancel a scheduled service call because the part did not arrive. (It’s a PRODUCTIVITY ISSUE). And yes, parts can be Emergency ordered, but technicians generally need to obtain permission from their tech manager before emergency ordering a part, why?? Because it is very expensive to emergency ship replacement parts. So who suffers ??. The consumer suffers.

Why does it take so long to get someone out to look at my appliance? Well, if it’s your refrigerator that’s not cooling during your home areas’ hottest months; good luck getting a service technician to diagnose your problem. These are the peak periods for ‘No Cooling’ and the technicians are normally swamped with calls. I have seen some customers wait for two weeks for a service call. And on the day of the service call, the tech called out sick and the customer had to be rescheduled.

The period of time, when you call for service and when you can obtain a service date is known by Sears as “State of Service”. State of service can be all over the calendar. If you call for service and you are not happy with your appointment, call the retail store and complain. The retail stores have a relationship with the District Service & Repair managers. Often the relationship is strained due to poor service, unhappy and often angry customers. But the retail store’s Brand Central or Operations managers can place some pressure on the district to satisfy the customer.

I think you can now understand, why at times, technicians have such a hard time diagnosing and fixing your appliance the first time and why it takes so long to receive replacement parts. Sears sends inexperienced technicians out in the field and they leave the local Customer Service departments and Tech Managers to do ‘Damage Control’, when they don’t or can’t fix the product. Believe me, there are way too many ’Better Business Bureau’ and ‘Attorney General’ complaints reaching Hoffman Estates, then funneling down the respective District Offices.

Let’s talk about Technician Productivity a little. Technician Productivity is rated on the number of ‘COMPLETES PER DAY’, not ‘CALLS HANDLED’. There is a distinct difference between the two categories. Completes per day simply means the technician diagnosed and fixed the problem on the same day of the appointment. Calls handled means the technician diagnosed the problem and a part needed to be ordered and a future follow up date needed to be scheduled.

Industry is a term used by Sears to designate the type of work performed by a technician. Sears service multiple industries; IE ‘Laundry’ for Washers and Dryers, ‘HVAC’ for gas and oil boilers and furnaces, Central Air & Window air conditioners, Dehumidifiers, Water Softeners, Reverse Osmosis water filtering systems, Hot Water Heaters, ‘Home Electronics’ for tabletop and wall mounted TV’s, ‘Lawn & Garden’ garden tractors, snow throwers, power washers etc and
    ‘Refrigeration’ for Refrigerators and Freezers and ‘Cooking’ for stoves, ranges, microwaves, dishwashers.

It is worthy to note, many Sears Technicians cross industries, as many industries are seasonal. A Technician could face a layoff if he didn’t expand his skills and cross train in another industry. This is one reason why some technicians aren’t as comfortable diagnosing and repairing appliances because they don’t repair these appliances on a regular basis.

Sears brags about being certified as an ISO 9001 company. For a manufacturing company, being ISO certified means constantly reviewing the manufacturing process, to cut down on waste and defects. Manufacturing companies strive for ZERO defects. And, if a manufacturing company consistently uses quality materials and processes, that they themselves set forth as the standard, hypothetically, a quality product will be manufactured the same way; day and day and week after week.

But Sears does not have ISO standards for troubleshooting and diagnosing problems, technicians don’t have ISO standards for fixing the appliance, right, the first time. Sears does have an ISO Standard which states: the Technician will be in his/her service vehicle and punch in on their SST at 7:25AM each and every day they are scheduled to work.

Sears does have a standard that states the technician leaves from his driveway at 7:25AM and drives to his first call of the day, period!!. The standard goes on to say that the technician cannot stop on the way to his first call to get a cup of coffee, he can’t stop for gas. The technician is not even allowed to call his first call of the day to be sure the customer is home.
    Plenty of technicians have arrived at their first call to find an empty house. The same standard applies to the technician’s last call of the day. The technician can only drive from his last call back to his/her driveway, no stops, not even for gas.

Sears Tech Manager’s are just as overworked as the Technicians they manage. The Sears Tech Manager who manages his team is part ‘Manager’ and a big part ‘Detective’ and ‘Enforcer’.

Sears mandates compliancy from its Technicians and the Tech Manager is the instrument of Enforcement. Sears places more rules and regulations on its technicians than our current day military. Under the umbrella of being “ISO Compliant”, Sears mandates their technicians to follow many, many, rules and frankly, the technician does not have a ‘Rule Book’ to refer to, all the rules must be set in his /her memory. Tech managers spend too many hours trying to smooth over angry customers and trying to catch technicians doing something they shouldn’t be doing.

Many Technicians strive to get away with doing less. If a Tech wants to reach his Tech Manager and can’t reach them, he will contact another tech manager to forward a message. But if a technician doesn’t want to be contacted, he will not answer his cell phone. Then the tech manager has no alternative, but to call him at the customer’s home telephone number. Some Tech’s will do anything and everything to get out of work and they know how to do it while in the field. Especially at the end of the day, when you need to add an extra call to their route. They will not do it.

One last note, there are many knowledgeable and friendly Sears Technicians and many that are not. Think twice about your past experiences with Sears before you purchase another Sears Protection Agreement.

I hope I have been able to bring to you some consumer education about the Sears / A&E repair business. And provide you some insight into making an educated decision with your purchasing power.

Former Sears Tech-Manager 9/4/08 3:13PM

Check out these popular comparisons of Sears customer service versus other companies:
Sears vs. Best Buy
Sears vs. Macy's
Sears vs. Target
Sears vs. Toys R Us
Sears vs. Walmart
Authorized representatives of Sears can sign up to reply to any of the comments found on this page.

Customer Relations
800-549-4505
Sears Credit Card Support
800-917-7700
Sears customer service phone number including steps to reach representatives, hours of operation, customer support links and more from ContactHelp.com.

Complete Sears customer service phone numbers and contact information at ContactHelp.com

Locate the Sears corporate office headquarters phone number, address and more at CorporateOfficeOwl.com.

Sears corporate office headquarters information at CorproateOfficeOwl.com

Hours of Operation
Find Sears hours of operation for locations near you!. You can also find Sears location phone numbers, driving directions and maps.

Sears hours of operation at HoursOfOperation.biz

Returns & Refunds
Review the Sears return and refund policy at ReturnsAndRefunds.com.

Sears returns, refund and exchange policy at ReturnsAndRefunds.com

Get immediate support for your Sears questions from HelpOwl.com.

Receive immediate support for Sears at HelpOwl.com

View thousands of Sears user reviews and customer ratings available at ReviewOwl.com.

Sears reviews and ratings at ReviewOwl.com

Sears Hometown Store Opening Lexington Location In June
"Carl is putting together a knowledgeable team. They are focused on providing customers with great products, exceptional customer service and a wonderful store experience." Sears Hometown Stores focuses on selling home appliances, hardware, tools and ...
Attention Bargain Hunters: New Sears Outlet Store Opens in Portage
Therefore, our goal is to simplify the Outlet shopping experience by providing exceptional customer service so they can find exactly what they need and want." Each Sears Outlet Store, on average, offers shoppers more than 18,000 square feet of retail ...
Attention Bargain Hunters: New Sears Outlet Store Opens in Webster
"Our inventory is always changing, therefore our focus is to provide customers with exceptional customer service and a personalized in-store experience so they can find what they need and want. Customers can expect to find entry-level priced to high ...