Sears Customer Service

Sears customer service is ranked #484 out of the 706 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 28.75 out of a possible 200 based upon 2947 ratings. This score rates Sears customer service and customer support as Terrible.

2,807 Negative Comments out of 2,947 Total Comments is 95.25%.

140 Positive Comments out of 2,947 Total Comments is 4.75%.

Terrible Overall Customer Service Rating
  • Viewing Sears customer service complaints
    1 - 25 out of 2,807
  • To whom this may concern,

I recently made a purchase at the Livingston, NJ location. I received a delivery date for the burner and stove on 4/12. Despite the many extra fees I paid (i.e, Non-Refundable Weekend Charge, Haul Away fee), the delivery did in fact come accordingly. When the delivery arrived to my house, the deliveryman mentioned that the burner could not be installed primarily because the gas could not be turned off. Prior to actually checking to see if the gas could be turned off, the deliveryman mentioned he would be unable to install the stove. I am not sure what procedures should have been followed prior to this delivery but not one of the associates employed by Sears mentioned that I needed a plumber before installation. I was advised a few options that could be taken into consideration like, leaving the burner in my possession and having someone install for me however, the deliveryman mentioned it was best that he take the burner and return after a plumber turns off the gas. I have been a customer with Sears for quite some time and this the second time this has happened; the first time was with the installation of my washer and dryer set. I am highly disappointed and I am highly considering cancelling my credit relations with Sears and taking my business elsewhere. I walked into the Sears store with intentions of purchasing a hood and stove and having it installed in my kitchen by the expected delivery date. I am in dire need of a stove and this has caused my family and I a great inconvenience. I had no idea I would be waiting an entire additional week for a stove given my situation. I would kindly request that someone contacts me at their earliest convenience regarding this matter.

JRomain 4/17/14 9:00AM
  • Sears saga continues--

Recap,

I had cancelled the order March 21, but Sears had said, since a vendor was shipping the set it couldn't be stopped. Therefore, a 3-piece set and two other items were shipped to an empty apartment on March 25, but was to be delivered by UPS on March 31 (I wasn't schedule to move until March 31th). My order form clearly shows delivery date as March 31.

I called UPS on March 25 and the 26th to have the bedroom set returned to Sears. This is now April 16th and I have not heard from Sears nor received a refund. Sears has no idea where the bedroom set is and is holding my $533.75 captive.

I called and explained the situation and told them it was returned and that I did not sign the UPS delivered receipt for the items, and asked why are they holding hold my refund.

I called four times and each time I was told I will hear from someone by phone or email within 3-5 days. Not once has anyone from Sears contacted me. I called again today and a representative said that Sears' credit dept. stated the items need to be located first; they said it could still be at UPS, or it could be returned to the vendor, or it could had been returned to Sears. I asked why I am paying for someone elseâ??s mistake. Sears knows I did not sign for it.

Representative words were, "sorry nothing can be done until the items are located." Never will I purchase anything I can't carry and/or return with my own two hands.

I contacted the BBB-hope it helps.

Dont do it! 4/16/14 3:40PM

Don’t do it,

Thank you for your post. My name is Jack and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. Please accept our apology for the delays in your refund. We would like to have a case manager contact you to determine the cause for the delay and then ensure that you receive your refund in a timely manner. At your earliest convenience, please email the following information –contact phone number, screen name (Don’t do it), and phone number used at the time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again we’re sorry for any trouble this may have caused and we look forward to speaking to you soon.

Jack C.

Sears Cares 4/16/14 5:53PM

• My comment, like many others here is focused on Sears' failure to promptly deliver a product within promised windows of time. I tried to post a review of my negative purchase experience on Sears' website but it was blocked. I was told I had to either edit it or remove it since it did not focus on the product itself. This seems unfair to me. I myself own a business and we do not have this type of control over our customer reviews. Apparently negative reviews are enough of a problem that Sears needs to now block freedom of speech to ensure that future customers only see the good reviews.

I have two issues to comment on.

Issue one:
    I purchased a new riding lawn tractor on March 23, 2014. It is now April 16, 2014 and I still cannot use it. The tractor was rescheduled for delivery 3 times, always on the day of scheduled delivery and at the last minute. Because of the distance I live from work, it was extremely difficult to keep rescheduling delivery. On the third attempt, the tractor was delivered with a badly dented rear fender. I was placed on the phone with a customer service rep who attempted to negotiate a trade of a 10% in-store discount if I would accept delivery. I refused and the negotiation continued. I finally lost my temper a little bit and demanded re-delivery of a tractor without defects. Two days later I got a tractor that seems fine.

Issue two:
    I ordered a bagging system for the tractor, and a trailer. As of today those have been delayed once so far (I had to call and ask for a status on the day they were promised or I would not have been told they were not ready for pick up). I was told that one of the items was delayed, therefore they opted to not deliver anything at all. I am supposed to call the store again on 4/18. At this point I am expecting to again be told that something has delayed this.

How is it that a huge store like Sears, at this time of the year--cannot keep in stock items like this?? They are heavily advertising these mowers on TV and they have all kinds of online specials running on them. You go to the store and see a dozen or more of them on display. Yet you can make this significant purchase, pay the interest on the balance (if you used a credit card) and watch the lawn grow higher and higher without being able to use the product because Sears doesn't stock them. I can understand this happening with uncommon items--but a riding mower in the month of March??

I am so angry and disappointed with the lack of prompt service on this large purchase. And I read through the many responses from Sears on these blogs and they all look like they've been cut and pasted. There is no real solutions to any of these issues, just representatives saying they have read the complaints and that they are sorry. Where are the solutions? Where are the reasonable compensations to those of us who spent our hard-earned money and are left with items that have not arrived, or that are not working right? Sears should be ashamed, not just for failure to deliver high-demand products, but for taking such a lazy, non-genuine response. Stop just saying sorry and offer your customers something to help them feel like you really care. I do not intend to every buy anything significant from Sears again. It is unfortunate that their customer service following the sale is so poor--I feel badly for the employees who are selling these products. They do a good job. Unfortunately the follow up, which should be just as good as the sale--really casts a dark shadow on everything.

TJBG 4/16/14 2:47PM

TJBG,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your delivery experience of your recent order. My name is Jack and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. Please accept our apology for the problems that you have experienced to date trying to get your order successfully delivered. We would like to have a case manager contact you to discuss this with you in greater detail. Our case manager, after getting some more information about the order, would work with our delivery department to ensure that your remaining items are delivered as quickly as possible. Our case manager would also be able to address any other concerns that you may have. At your earliest convenience, please email the following information –contact phone number, screen name (TJBG), and phone number used at the time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again we’re sorry for any trouble this may have caused and we look forward to speaking to you soon.

Jack C.

Sears Cares 4/16/14 5:46PM

• I am extremely frustrated with the support I have received on my dishwasher. I took off work for the technician to come and wasted a day because they wrong part had been ordered. So, I took off work another day for them to come and they cancelled the appointment that morning. So, I had to schedule it again and take off another day and this time the technician (a different one) came and said the 1st technician ordered the wrong part, so I am again, having to take 4th time for this. This is horrible service. I have a job and need to be at work but no one seems to care about that. I am not convinced that I will get it fixed this time either. I also had to reschedule contract workers because the leaking dishwasher ruined my kitchen floors and they can't fix it until the dishwasher is fixed so it have had to move them yet again. Because of this, I will never buy another applicance from Sears. Having to take 4 days off from work (hopefully it will only be 4) is not acceptable for a 10 minute job.

Anonymous 4/14/14 7:24AM

Anonymous,
    We thank for taking the time to let us know about this situation. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We can truly understand how disappointed with what has occurred with your dishwasher. We would be happy to connect you with one of our dedicated case managers to assist you and address your repair concerns. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (CSSB659), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Sears Cares 4/16/14 1:29PM

• We recently purchased $3,000.00 worth of appliances from Sears, It has been 3 weeks and our washing machine has not worked yet! They told us they would get a new washer out to us right away, that was two and a half weeks ago. They just informed us that they were coming to pick up the washer today and they would bring a new one next week. What kind of business are these people running? We paid cash for everything and can't get any kind of service. Sears will never sell us anything again. I will make sure everyone I know hears of the service we have gotten! We are not going to wait any longer we will be talking to our Lawyer shortly!

judie 4/14/14 4:54AM

Judie,

My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We appreciate you taking to the time to let us know about your washer. We are sorry for the mishaps you have encountered with your appliance. We would be happy to have a case manager to contact and discuss your concerns. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (judie), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Sears Cares 4/16/14 1:22PM

• Marney Zafian

Dear Sears,

Over the last 6 months I have been receiving bills for $1300 worth of merchandise I did not receive. In fact, your company has records of my cancelations of said orders. I have been billed monthly, accrued interest charges, and have been robbed of endless hours of my time trying to resolve this. I have contacted your company by phone a dozen times, sent four previous emails and have received an infinite amount of lies. At one point, I had an employee of yours tell me her name was Elizabeth, her employee # 77032 and that she had cleared up everything. I found out the following month when I received my bill that that person or # do not exist! I was told there was a note on my account made on 1/27/2014, also to find out she never made that note! I am infuriated! I NEED you to remove all of the charges made prior to 2/21/2014 when I received one refrigerator! If this is not resolved, all late fees waived and all charges for services not rendered removed immediately I will have no choice but to consult a lawyer. I have been trying to resolve the for months, please help me to put an end to this without litigation.

Marney Zafian

Anonymous 4/12/14 7:48PM

Hello Marney,
    Thank you for making us aware of your account issue. We apologize for the frustration we have caused you. My name is Dianne with our Sears Cares Escalation team. I can see that this has been frustrating for you and would like to offer you our assistance. We would like to contact you directly to discuss this situation and assist in addressing your concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Marney Zafian) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We hope to talk to you soon.

Social Media Support Team

Sears Cares 4/14/14 9:38AM

• It's been over a week since I had someone give me a quote for windows. He was supposed to call us back and email us more info. Haven't heard from him since he was at our house. No return call or email. Called tons of numbers and departments to be promised someone would call me back Monday, two days ago and still nothing! Not one person has done what they said they would do.

Anonymous 4/9/14 6:12PM
  • I had purchased appliances from Sears through a vendor (recommended) after I had a fire loss. The appliances were delivered 1 month before the scheduled delivery, so they sat in my garage till the kitchen was ready. The delivery guy had told me that if I didn't accept them then, that I would receive them 1 at a time or I could have to wait a couple weeks when I called to get them redelivered. Well since I had to do a complete remodel, I wanted to insure they were here when we were ready for them, so I excepted the delivery to be sat in my garage. After three weeks of sitting there, we finally unboxed them for installation. We then noticed that ALL the appliances were damaged in some form. I had previously called the vendor about early delivery cause install was also paid for, so I then called him about the damage to the appliances. He again was going to call about the damage (Nov 2013). It is now April, 2014, and I still haven't got any results. Sears has told me it is my fault for accepting the appliances but they could have been returned within 30 days of delivery if I wasn't happy with them. Well due to an early delivery, they are claiming I don't fall into the 30 day category!!! I hate to say I do and if I don't get results this week (Frig is now broke for the 3rd time), I WILL BE CONTACTING MY ATTORNEY. All I want is for them to be replaced w/ appliances that aren't dented, scratched, nicked or warped. This has been the worst experience w/ Sears ever. I have always purchased small & large appliances there, but more than likely never will again.

Susan 4/7/14 1:11PM

Susan,

We thank you for taking the time to let us know about this issue regarding your appliances and the lack of customer service you received while reaching out for help. It is our goal at Sears to provide our customers with the highest quality of products and customer service. I am sorry that we disappointed you. Since apologies don’t resolve your problems at your convenience, we like to speak to you. At your soonest convenience please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Susan), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Sears Cares 4/7/14 1:32PM

• I have a 5 year repair agreement purchased on my zero turn mower about 3 years ago. I can NEVER-EVER get a repair appointment without calling multiple times and talking to multiple supervisors. Good news is, my agreement has a 200.00 clause that I will be paid if my mower is not repaired and I have to pay to have my yard mowed. Collected the entire amount last year and am off to a good start this year. DO NOT EVER BUY A SERVICE AGREEMENT FROM SEARS!!! I like my local Sears store, but I refuse to buy anything from Sears again.

RRich 4/5/14 7:07AM

RRich,
    We thank you for taking the time to post about your repair experience. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We certainly can see why you are so frustrated and upset over what has occurred with your zero turn mower. We would be happy to connect you with one of our dedicated case managers to contact you and assist with your repair concerns. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (RRich), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Sears Cares 4/5/14 10:08AM

• I wish I would have stumbled across this site prior to purchasing my service plan. I had an appointment to install some parts into my washer. The parts are sitting in my living room in big boxes. Took off from work for an appointment between 8-12.... got an automated call saying that they would be late and finally a call saying that "I" have to reschedule and the next time is 4 days from now. I asked to speak with the manager and got a district manager who started telling the woes of Sears business. Did you know that there are only two technicians in the entire DC metro area. Hmm maybe I will take mu business to one of the many companies that actually provide me a service for something that I have already paid for......Still waiting on a call back from a regional manager

Bee20720 4/3/14 9:48PM

Hello Bee20720!

We thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We certainly can see why you are so frustrated and upset over what has occurred with your washer repair. We would be happy to connect you with one of our dedicated case managers to contact you and address your concerns. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Bee20720), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Sears Cares 4/4/14 11:13AM

• I took off of work today to have a service done on my riding lawnmower. When I called a couple of weeks ago to make apt, I was told a complete tune up would be 139.00 that included blades, all filters, oil and spark plugs, I booked the appt and now the service person calls me and tell me its going to run about 300 to 350 I was not told this up front, this has got to be one of of the worst service dept I have ever seen , I have been on the phone talking with at least 7 people in the last 2 hours none stop I can not get anything resolved or even any help at all, I have been hung up at least 3 times I have had rude customer service in almost every dept I have spoke with, When you are told a price on the phone you should be given that price when they come to do the work ,I WILL NOT BUY ANY THING ELSE FROM SEARS AND I WILL POST EVERY WHERE I CAN FIND A PLACE TO POST HOW BAD SEARS SERVICE IS AND NOT TO BUY ANYTHNING VERY BAD SERVICE AND RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE !!! I AM SO MAD THAT I CANT EVEN CALL ANOTHER NUMBER BECAUSE I CANT GET ANY HELP AT ALL!!! DO NOT BUY FROM SEARS THEY SAY ONE THING AND DO ANOTHER.

Anonymous 4/2/14 12:55PM

Anonymous,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Cares team. We appreciate your feedback regarding your repair and it's cost. We apologize if there was any miscommunication and we would be happy to contact you to make sure this situation is resolved quickly. Please send the following information – contact #, this screen name I’ve created for you (CSSB658) and phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any trouble we have caused and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sears Cares 4/3/14 10:25AM

• I am gravely disappointed with the customer service & repair program for my new Kenmore refrigerator. I purchased the refrigerator less than 1 year ago & it is still under warranty. Today, which is a Sunday - I discovered my refrigerator/freezer is not working & my food is going bad. I phoned customer service & she said, "the earliest appointment I have is for Tuesday between 8-12". I reminded her that this is a refrigerator and UNLIKE a washer/dryer it is not an appliance that usage can be avoided. The response was, "the repairman will be there Tuesday, which is 36 hours away". I will be losing approximately $300-$400 worth of food & find this service unacceptable. I did not expect a new appliance to crap out in less than 1 year, but since it did stop working I EXPECT BETTER SERVICE/REPAIR.

Anonymous 3/30/14 8:46PM

Hello Anonymous,

It is our goal at Sears to provide our members with the highest quality of products and customer service. I am sorry that we disappointed you. We would be happy to have a case manager contact our business partners and look into your refrigerator appointment concerns to see if we can get you sooner service. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (CSSB657), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Sears Cares 3/31/14 6:36AM

• A follow up to my complaint of 3-18-14. I have again been contacted by a Sears CSR since my post. After fighting and complaining to everyone for the last 4 months she tells me- "Since your appliance were bought through a vendor your ins company recommended, that is a commercial purchase. Your vendor is the one who needs to be fighting for you!" I really don't think I will ever get a true corret answer from anyone!!!

Susan 3/26/14 12:07PM

Susan,

Please see our response to your previous posts on this site for our offer of assistance.

Sears Cares 3/26/14 3:02PM

• Sears...

I haven't checked my account for a refund for my fist two orders. I am waiting for two weeks to pass.

BUT, Sears gave me a delivery date of March 31 for the bedroom set that was to be delivered by UPS, guess what it came today, yes TODAY, March 25!! Why, please, tell me?

What, am I supposed to be at home all week? Am I supposed to have someone on call for whenever UPS delivered the bedroom set and dropped it on my doorstep.

It is not a shirt, it is not a lamp, it is not even a rug...It is a 3-piece bedroom set. My order form said delivery date-- March 31, 2014, but delivery was attempted March 25, 2014. Sorry, Sears!

Dont do it! 3/25/14 3:58PM

Don't do it!,

Please see our responses to your previous posts for our offers of assistance.

Sears Cares 3/26/14 8:01AM

• As a former employee, I cannot believe the blatant disrespect and discrimination allowed Kmart Store #3147. In January of 2014 my brother was attacked verbally by a customer. Who openly used racial slurs towards my brother. He initially reacted, but thought better of his actions before it took a turn to violence. Although the customer continued to threaten and berate him, he walked away. Your company has refused to address the issue and have not given my brother any information regarding his employment other than not keeping him on the the schedule. We have spoken to a lawyer and he has informed us that we do have a strong discrimination case against Sears Holdings. My brother has the right to feel safe and not feel threatened at his place of work. Your inability to deal with this situation has caused undue hardship on my brother and his situation. I cannot in good faith continue to be a good customer at any of your stores. And I will maintain this until due course has been given. I will also inform anyone who will listen about the way you allow your employees to be treated. This is beyond wrong and you should be ashamed for not standing up for a employee who gave you nothing but the best and was a great employee. You will no longer get my business, nor the business of my like-minded associates. Your inability to investigate or maintain contact with my brother has showed me what this company really cares about.

Anonymous 3/23/14 1:29PM
  • Sears saga

I checked my spam and there was an email from Sears Email Security Zone stating â??The Security of your account is important to usâ?? showed two transactions on March 19 @ 10:14am in the amount of 1509 from Sears.Com (amount of washer and dryer) and another from Sears.com Marketplace. It went on to say click if â??validâ?? or â??Not Validâ??.

I immediately called and was told very rudely, that his system doesnâ??t show that an email was sent to â??Renee.â?? I proceeded to tell him, â?? I have it in front of me.â?? He raised his tone a little and said again nothing was sent from them. I told him again, I have it in front of me. He said maybe it is from another bank. I said, â??No, the email has Sears Account Securityâ??. I tried to explain to him I tried to use my credit card a couple days later to charge a bedroom set, but the purchase was declined, therefore, I had to use another credit card. He said his system doesnâ??t show that a purchase was declined for Renee LaGoy. He proceeded to tell me he saw three charges that were approved. I asked him again he saw three charges and he said yes, but earlier a CSR said only two charges were approved.

I had to disconnect before I started yelling.

I will be patient, and maybe it will work itself out within a couple of weeks. I should have a full refund of all 3 orders within a month.

It is possible for me to be patient for a month, isnâ??t it? Sears said it takes 2 weeks to receive a refund and the bedroom set needs to be returned to the third party, so I assume 3 weeks after it is returned I should have all three refunds applied to my account. May 1st, funds should be return. I hope I am not charge interest on the cancelled purchases.

Time will tell.

Dont do it! 3/22/14 1:47PM

Don't do it,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Cares team. After reading your post I can see why you would be voicing your concerns here on this site. We do not condone rude or unhelpful behavior from any of our representatives. We would like to speak with you so we can address your concerns. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Don't do it!) and phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize and we look forward to speaking with you.

Sears Cares 3/23/14 3:43PM

• Recap March 22, 2014 The Sears saga continues

I received an email from Hogan V. (vpoovan) of Sears Members Service in regards to my email dated March 21, 2014 @ 6:37pm regarding the orders I placed with Sears, order which was cancelled March 20th and still no refund, transaction history for order # 650090516,which is lost but is taking away credit on my credit card, and order # 650662652 which I was unable to cancel because it is a third party vendor and is in transit.

In Hogan Vâ??s reply email it states â??Per our records, I see that the order number has been canceled except the items under the salescheck number 093002883116. Please be advised that you have not been charged for this order".

First, I received a cancellation email for order but I never received a cancellation email for order so how can it be cancelled as Hogan V stated in the email? And, if it hasnâ??t been charged how it could be cancelled?

I beg to differ.

This morning, at 5:30 am Eastern time, I checked my online account with Sears and it states my available balance is $1,001.00. I am going crazy with Sears!

1) I completely cancelled all of order 650090516, every single item should be cancelled (there is NO except). Crazy! I instructed the representative to cancel everything.

2) My credit card has an available credit of only $1,001, WHY? Could it be because I did not received the refund for order numberin the amount of $1,165.28 and order # 650090516 in the amount of $2,000 was processed and it is stuck in the "black hole of technology" (Please be advised that you have not been charged for this order) WRONG! Please look for it. It is there! I should not keep calling and calling, just, to be transferred to ten thousands representatives that pass the call on. If you show me where I made over $3,000 in purchase from Sears within the last week, I'll eat my hat. Please correct the problem and issue me a refund for both orders.

As far as order # 650662652, which was purchased with another credit card, I am keeping two of the five items, two soap powders that were sent separately from the remaining order. I will refuse the UPS delivery of the bedroom set. Hogan V stated I can refuse delivery or either return to Sears, ridiculous , because as we all know I am unable to return this order to Sears because it is a third party! So, why would I be instructed to return it to Sears? Customer Care! Really?!

I never heard of a complete bedroom set being delivered by UPS, and if so it should state that it will be "delivered by UPS" in bold red markings next to the submit button. How much money will I be charged for the return of this bedroom set?

As of this morning, March 22, 2014, my available credit is $1,001. Please tell me why and when my refunds will be issued. Please do not send back a form letter instructing me to click "chat" or "call" if I need further assistance, because I did and the representative couldn't help me and gave me for further assistance.

What is wrong with Sears? How long will this continue? When will someone take responsibility for this problem? When will a representative take ownership of my needs? When will someone go beyond what is required of them and do what is needed to do to solve this issue.

I will never, ever recommend Sears for big purchases.

Dont do it! 3/22/14 4:42AM

Dont do it!,
    We appreciate you informing us of your recent ordering experience on Sears.com. My name is Kurt with our Sears Cares Escalation team. This seems like it is quite a frustrating experience and would like to see how we can assist you. We would like to have a dedicated case manager reach out and speak with you, so we can discuss your concerns and have the opportunity to address them in a timely manner. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can look into this matter further. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the order was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Don’t do it!), you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Cares 3/22/14 7:00AM

• I placed three orders with Sears.

I cancelled order because I didn't realize the bedroom set would be delivered by "UPS". If I would had known that I would not had hit the "submit" button. I live in an apartment and I am unable to bring the furniture into my apartment and I don't have anyone that is able to sit around until the UPS delivers it to my front door while it blocks entrance and exit to my neighbors' door.

I cancelled order because I wanted a larger capacity washer and dryer. I orderto take replace order. With order I bought a 5-year service contract, but within two hours I decided I was not interested in the 5-year service contract at a price of 500.00 (washer and dryer) with interest. So, I called back to have the 5-year service contract removed and was told the only way I could have it removed was if I came into Sears to speak with a Service Manager, or wait until it is delivered and speak with the delivery person (ridiculous)! So, I said to cancel the order completely and I order a Chrome and Black Whirlpool Cabrio 4.8 cu feet HE washer and Whirlpool Cabrio 7.6 dryer from Lowes with a $79.00 service contract total $1,400.

So, now I am told it takes up to 5 days to receive an email stating any of the items have been cancelled and two weeks to receive a refund which totals $1,165.25 for order , $533.75 for order , and for order is a little over $2,000. It will take a total of three weeks before the money is return to my credit card.

Sears is not what it used to be! Should be its new slogan.

Dont do it! 3/21/14 2:08PM

Dont do it!,

Sears Cares 3/22/14 6:58AM

• Dropped off microwave oven for repair at local Sears repair shop 2/25/14. Paid upfront $48, was told it would be back NO LATER than 3/11/14.
    Received 1 automated call stating what the problem was. Called today inquiring where it was. She was understanding. Repaired on 3/17/14 and sitting in Seattle waiting for a truck to come and pick up on 3/22/14. VERY Disappointed!! Will NOT recommend!! She said she would pass along my disappointment to the appropriate people.

Wirewoman 3/20/14 3:51PM

Wirewoman,
    I saw your comment today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Kurt and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We are sorry to hear about your recent repair experience concerning your microwave. We can truly understand how frustrating it can be to find out you’re your appliance has been repaired and has been sitting waiting to be transported back to the repair center.. We would like the opportunity to speak with you to ensure this matter is addressed and hopefully restore your faith in Sears. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name that you have been assigned to reference your post (Wirewoman), to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you.

Sears Cares 3/21/14 10:21AM

• I wish Sears could return to the days when its employees actually cared about customer satisfaction. For starters, "customer service" with Sears is an oxymoron!!! In previous years, if I ordered something with defective parts, the representative would order replacement parts. Not so with my recent purchase of a floor cabinet containing damaged items which prevent my assembling the cabinet. Thanks a lot, Sears---you have just lost a customer who's going to destroy his Sears credit card and never shop Sears again.

Carl Adkins 3/19/14 10:07AM

Mr. Adkins,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Cares team. We appreciate you posting about your recent experience with us and our customer service team members. I can see from reading your message that we've let you down and have not met your expectations with regards to getting you the items you need for your cabinet. We apologize for any trouble we have caused and we would like the opportunity to contact you directly to speak with you and resolve this situation. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Carl Adkins) and phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize and we hope to hear from you soon.

Sears Cares 3/19/14 11:18AM

• I purchased new appliances through a vendor (recommended by my ins company) after we had a house fire. From the time I picked out the appliances everything was messed up. The delivery date was 2 weeks early and I was told by the delivery guy that if I didn't accept them they would guy back to the warehouse and I would receive them 1 at a time and he wouldn't get paid for his trip. After accepting them he had me sign a paper (I didn't get a copy) and said it was just accepting the appliances, nothing else. I later learned that I was accepting the condition of them. So after sitting in my garage boxed up and not seeing them for 4 weeks, the cs rep told me I couldn't do anything about it. She said that I should have complained & not accepted them at delivery. I explained to her that the delivery was all screwed up and she basically told me "sorry for your loss " and "have a nice day." I now have scratched, warped and dented appliances all because of early delivery. My frig and microwave have now had 2 service calls w/ the first time the tech said there was nothing wrong and the 2nd tech ordered parts for both. Not to mention the 2nd tech never found the notes or work order from the 1st tech. Which didn't surprise me at all since every time I would call to complain it would never show anything in my file. I also had paid for installation of my appliances but due to early delivery I never called Sears to set up installation. I now am fighting to get that money back as well. I have never had a problem w/ Sears until now... I am very unhappy w/ my appliances and am so sick of repeating my story to every Sears employee who calls to inquire about my complaints. All I hear them say is "your kidding me", "I can't believe the cs rep told you that", "did you take the survey & write your comment there" and the best one is "wish there was something I could do for you." If you can't help me, then why are you calling me??

SUSAN 3/18/14 1:54PM

Hi Susan,

Thank you for taking time to post about your appliance delivery and installation experience. We realize by the details of your post this has been an upsetting encounter. If the appliances were direct purchases from Sears we would have certainly been more involved with the delivery and installation. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. I am taking this time to reach to you to offer our assistance. We would be more than happy to look further into this matter to see what options are available to address your concerns. Please send your contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name I have create for you (SUSAN31814) to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, thank you for posting about your appliance delivery and installation. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Brian R.

Sears Cares 3/18/14 2:16PM

• Very bad customer service online and at store.... I bought a dyer more then 500.00 and they told me and also mailed me that I had points on my account.... They told me that I could use them in Sears or Kmart.... So I went to look for some stuff that I need for home... At the register I told then can I use the points that I have... They ok but u only have .65 cents and I was like " what the hell" I have over 50.00 in points... They told me they do expire but it was less then a month that I bought the dryer.... So I had to pay for everything cause I was furious and really need the stuff... they told me can I have ur cell phone number so next time u can use those points... No THANKS there will be no more NEXT TIME.. I got home and called .... I was getting transferred everywhere except for the place I needed to be directed.... Worst online customer service.........

Anonymous 3/16/14 5:42PM

Anonymous,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Cares team. After reading your post, it seems we have certainly not met your expectations with regards to our customer service. We would like to contact you to make sure your concerns are addressed. Please send the following information – contact # and this screen name I've created for you (CSSB656) to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any trouble we have caused and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sears Cares 3/18/14 9:22AM

• WOW! ordered gas stove on 3-6. Delivered on Mon. 3-10. I have lp gas. Conversion kit included was wrong. Took 3 hrs. on phone explaining. Sears schedules another delivery of ENTIRE stove. This one scheduled for delivery Thur. 3-13. Delivery canceled,rescheduled for Sat 3-15. Wrong lp conversion kit on stove. Call again. Told they have to send another stove. I refuse. Takes 2 hrs. to pound it into their head that the conversion kit is wrong. Finally, they order kit. Delivery in 7-10 DAYS!!!! Never, ever again. Not from Sears!

Pis...d Off Is Mild 3/15/14 3:12PM

Hi Pis...d Off Is Mild,

Thank you for taking time to post concerning your experience with your new gas stove delivery and installation. We can see how the confusion with the conversion kit and scheduling has caused you to be aggravated and disappointed. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Social Media team and I am taking this time to reach out to you and offer our assistance. We would like to put you in touch with a dedicated case manager who will work closely with our delivery/installation team to ensure this matter is resolved to your satisfaction. Please send your contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name (Pis...d Off Is Mild) to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com and a case manager will contact you directly. Again, thank you for making us aware of your oven delivery and installation concerns. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Brian R.

Sears Cares 3/16/14 11:42AM

• Bought a ton of stuff @ Christmas for my two toddler grandchildren, coats, boots, PJ's outfits etc. 2 Disney tops and 2 Disney two-pc outfits shrunk at least 2 sizes. The items are very poor quality.I would have taken a partial refund or store credit Sears would not give any type of refund or exchange for these items. Per their register the items had $0 value. I left the items and told them to keep them. I won't be going back.
    Then I went to Macy's to spend my money.

grn623 3/8/14 2:22PM

Dear grn623,

My name is Susan with the Sears Cares Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that you'll work with one dedicated case manager to help resolve your issue. I found your post today and wanted to reach out in order to speak with you regarding your recent clothing purchase you made. We understand your disappointment when contacting the store to exchange these items or take a store credit for the amount you paid. We value your business and want to help in any way we can. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (grn623), phone # used at time of purchase to SMAdvisor@searshc.com.

Susan R.
    Sears Member Services

Sears Cares 3/11/14 11:50AM

• We have waited 5 1/2 hours for a delivery of furniture to out new home that never showed up. After calling (800)267-3277 we were told that our order had been cancelled by the bank. In addition to being ridiculous, this was simply a lie. We have confirmed with the our bank that the money has been removed from the account, and that no goods have been delivered. I believe that this constitutes fraud.
    Be wary, as I was led to believe that Sears is in receivership, and our inquiry to our credit card company was not unique.
    Shame on a Canadian landmark for treating it's loyal customers this way... I will provide order number details once contacted. I have also submitted to Customer Service, we'll see who cares more?

To what end?????? 3/6/14 9:03PM
  • Viewing positive Sears customer service ratings
  • Having a relative that worked for and retired from Sears I was very aware of quality of service this company stands for and promotes. During a recent service issue with a snow blower I found the customer service personnel to be of very high quality. They took the time to read and ask questions about my issue and when all was over and done not only did they understand my point but took my side of the issue as theirs. In these days of low customer service, Sears stands head and shoulders above the rest. A tip of my hat and a big THANK YOU to Susan & Michael in customer service.

Mickey Heckman 1/30/14 11:28AM
  • I want to let you know that while shopping at the Greece Ridge mall in Rochester,NY at the Sears store I accidently forgot my credit card at the checkout. Upon arriving at home there was a message on my phone that my card was found. I am so grateful to the saleslady Debbie C. She went out of her way to make sure I got my card back. Thanks so much for your kindness . I hope manager receives my comment.

Anonymous 1/29/14 7:22PM
  • I'm writting in regards to an employee named Karol who works in Woodbridge, NJ. I thought about responding to a survey on the receipt but I wanted everyone to know what a wonderful young man he is.

I order 2 boots online, one for me and my mother to match. This was her Christmas Gift. When we recieved the order, one of the boots (my mothers) was the wrong size, the left boot was a size 7 1/2 and the right boot was a size 10. This was completely ridcoulous. I went to Sears in Woodbridge on Christmas Eve to return the order. The cashier returned the order and I was on the mission to see if I can find the same boot in a size 7 1/2. To give my mother for Christmas.

While some employees tried to help me, all they would say is, " Sorry, We don't have anymore in Stock." I was Devastated, that I did not have a gift for my mother. Karol walked up to me and told me to put another order in Sears.com, I was hesitant at first, but agreed to put in the order so my mother could get something for me this Christmas.

When I purchase the boots, it wasnt on sale anymore and he couldn't adjusted the prices online. While I was sad and upset I still put in the order, because this was something I needed. Karol knew that this was bothering me and didnt want me to leave the store disappointed. He told me that he will talk to the manager and see if a price adjustment can be made. He finished the order and proceeded to walk with me to the checkout line.

Karol was so personable. Conversation with him was very comfortable and honest. From christmas dinners and traditions to College dream and goals. He has very high values and is determine to do his best at everything he does. While WE waited a very long time in line. I got to know Karol as someone who lived in my town. Finally, we reached the register and he called for a manager and addressed the cashier of the situation. While the manager said she couldn't adjust the price, she told me, "Come back when you recieve the boots and we will be happy to make the price adjustment." I agreed and the manager continue to write her notes on my receipt. I expressed to the manager how wonderful he is and she stated to submit a survey that is attached to the receipt.

Karol has management material written all over him. He address customers with a smile and listen to their story and information before coming up with a solution. He presents himself professionally and engages in polite conversaton. He escorted me to the Cashier to make sure my needs were met.

These values are hard to find in Department stores from employees. Please ackowledge his hard work. Positive reinforcement is crucial. I just would like to say how much I appreciate and thank him for being so helpful and joyful on Christmas Eve.

Truly satisfied customer,

Guida Santos
    Woodbridge, NJ

gsantos 1/8/14 5:54PM
  • on line order froze when 'placing order'. telephone rep very helpful. assured me I would not receive multiple units, took my order

Anonymous 1/4/14 6:53AM
  • I came into the Washington square location in Tigard Oregon. I bought 2 ratcheting wrenches for work. The person billing me out asked if I wanted the reciept emailed. I said sure but I never received it. I need it to get reimbursed. I was hoping you could try and resend it.

Justindearing503@gmail.com 12/8/13 11:37PM
  • sears is doing really good I have got the refund with in the given time frame. I will continue to purchase from sears

linda 12/4/13 2:47PM
  • Called Dec 2nd 2013 with question about renewed credit card. I spoke with an agent in North Carolina. I missed her name, but the call was around 11am my time. She was very kind and had me fixed up in less than 10 minutes. Sorry I missed her name, but kudos to her. Thanks

Anonymous 12/2/13 9:23AM
  • I an writing this to commend TIA COVINGTON.

TIA is with your Arizona customer service location. Let me first start out by saying I have been training customer service in the automotive industry [which is one of the hardest c/service jobs there is]for over 15years.

This all started about 3 weeks ago when are stove went out. From the first phone call until today have been a very upsetting experience. Today when TIA COVINGTON answered the phone it only took about 30seconds to know I had the right person. After everything I felt blessed.TIA went above and beyond what I have experienced with Sears or expected from most customer service.

In todays economy/society I would and you should feel TIA has a rare talent. She is also a resource you or any company should be proud of and in desperate need of.

I can't commend her enough.

THANK YOU AGAING TIA.

SINCERLY

Patrick Athey

ATHEY TEAM 11/3/13 12:25PM
  • Made a comment on the negative board on Oct. 11, 2013. Brian S from Sears Social Media Moderator left a reply and I emailed him at the address given but did not get a reply. However, I did call Sears Parts Direct again and a kind representative gave me the Sears Customer Solutions phone number and Penny at Customer Solutions understood my situation and ordered me the correct part which came in 2 days. It was not Sears fault I received the wrong part 3 times but the manufacturer's fault (Frigidaire). I needed a replacement freezer basket for my 10 month old refrigerator but the part was no longer available. So Frigidaire substituted a replacement part that did not fit in my freezer. The wrong part was sent to me 3 times. I did my own investigation and found out Frigidaire made a basket that would fit my freezer and requested Penny to send me that part. My 10 month old refrigerator is under warranty so there was no charge.

bellagril 10/16/13 1:13PM
  • very good service, 9-30-13, at Sears in Paducah Ky

purchased teeshirts from Steve,

Anonymous 10/1/13 4:25AM
  • I had a refrigerator repair yesterday. The technician was competent and all went well, AFAIK.
    My complaint is about the cost. The labor charge was $200 to install a $20 part, and the total time from when he entered the house to when he left was 30 minutes. That's $400 an hour! Even if there were a one-hour minimum, that's $200/hour. TOO MUCH! I have 40 years of clinical experience as a therapist and Blue Cross reimburses me $88/hour. I think this is gouging the public.

jdh 9/26/13 8:37AM
  • We had a great service conducted by your staff my the name of Riya, also attn: Sheila. This service, was in relation to a double charge charged to us by your repair section of the Sears Wonsocket store. This lady was very helpful and in understanding our complaint of double charge for a repair service on our vacuum cleaner purchased at such store. First at all the set was not fixed completely and very poorly maintained. We talked with Roy the store manager, and he was very agreeable in returning our double charge thru our ATM account...I wish to congratulated the service philosophy of Sears.....
    Nancy Fernandez and Armando Fernandez

Sears 9/14/13 7:37AM
  • I recently purchased a new mattress from Sears. The delivery was great. Through Liberty Service, Adam and Josh were professional and pleasant. Thank you,
    Nancy M.

Nancy 9/12/13 12:06PM
  • hello my name is i have a warranty i bought on 6 14 2011 because i was told that anything happen to my mower it will be covered up to $ 1500.00.but now i need that service and i was told that is covered under the warranty and i have to pay $ 154.04.that teller marketer after collecting my money did not give me more details or sending me a brochure.all what i need for my mower to be fixed and on my business.i am not begging from nobody and i would like that this situation to be solved and a lesson to learned. i work so hard to save money so i can leave better but to throw it out the windows.i am really not pleased for the way i was spoken.a mistake has been made somebody in that office should be able to solve this problem in few minutes without to many questions and attitudes because i am a human being and a customer at sears.i think you very much for your corporation.thank you.

Anonymous 8/28/13 3:16PM
  • I read all the comments on returning items to sears and just want to say today I returned a faulty water conditioner for a replacement and it went easier then when I bought it.
    Everyone had a smile and all went perfect.
    Have never had any issues when buying a product or returning a product to sears.

Bob, long beach ca...

Bob 8/25/13 7:45PM
  • assoc I RATE THE SERVICE OF Janette to be very friendly and helpful.

Janette 8/23/13 9:29AM
  • I always love Marian's dedication to her job. She works at KMart (#3424 in Gainesville, Fl)at the customer desk and
    she is so incredibly friendly and helpful.
    I remember when she was at KMart before that store was closed. When the young lady who was trying to return an item for me was having a problem I happen to see Marian and she came over and gave the lady a very simple solution. I always look forward to seeing Marion and she always has a smile and a "welcome to KMart or a Hi" for me. Thanks for employees like Marian.

Maggie 8/6/13 6:47PM
  • I bought a stainless steel fridge from Sears with a protection agreement 6 months ago. The fridge door started getting rust stains recently. Sears sent a technician out promptly who tried to clean it and then referred me to Customer Solutions for a replacement. Although I did have a hard time getting through to the right department at the number they gave me, and sat on hold once and got disconnected, I did get through to the right department. Ultimately, they are going to replace my fridge. I was really impressed that Sears stuck by me and I will buy appliances from them again.

popera71 6/19/13 10:00AM
  • On 8 31 2010 I purchased a Kenmore refrigerator.Not even two years later that little flapper at the top of the door broke off. My wife and I are in our late fifties and know how to take care of our things.I went to Sears and explained that the flapper thing broke off(I know it's to stop other door from opening when opening the other door)So I ordered the part 233-G and thought I could put It on myself only to find out It was not the flapper but was part of the door that the part attatched to. So needless to say I will need a whole new door. I can not tell you how sick I am about It, and MAD.Every time you open one door the other door pops open to I CAN'T stand this any more.Let me tell you a litte story,My Dad who once worked for Sears long ago, told me to always buy anything with a motor from Sears.I have a Craftsmen chainsaw,snowblower,leaf blowwer, bench grinder, vacuum chest freezer,air condo unit,need I go on? because there are many other thing too. I have a file cabinet full of manuals. I know your not going to do anything about it but just had to vent this to you.and don't tell me I should have went with an extended warrenty because I SHOULD'NT HAVE TO.So I just got this off my chest but know this fridge will out live me. Jack N. Hodgins p.s.other than that we do love the fridge, It works wonderfully.

jack 5/31/13 6:46PM
  • Hey everyone

The official company reply is genuine. I spoke with Patricia who is helping me to resolve my issue. Hang in there with your issues and I hope you get help also.

Charley

Charley 5/30/13 2:12PM
  • I needed a tire pump today for my car (5/8/2013. So I chose to search the Web and found Sears was the only Company to have what I wanted at the price I thought it would cost. I searched and called 5 different retailers and also went to their stores first and yet Sears always had what I needed when I needed it at a price that was always affordable. Customers who choose to purchase at other retail stores and fail to shop for an item with prices that are within their budget are foolish! I hope Sears Company realizes most consumers who buy never think Sears because they don't know Sears had one of the first Consumer search engines. "The Sears Catalog" The wish list of every consumer. P.S The car pump works great I used it this morning to fill a truck tire.

Wayne 5/8/13 3:52PM
  • I decided to buy a new TV 60 inches in
    Sears, Clearwater, FL Country side mall. I experienced excellent sales effort
    by Rep. Brendan H. More important the after sales/service by Brendan was excellent. I can only recommend the store
    and Brendan.

? 5/6/13 7:24AM
  • I would like to personally thank Raymond with Customer service that I talked with on the phone. He was super nice and understood my problem and also gave me results that was most satisfactory. He was extremely nice and made other people that I talked with look like morons. Once again, Raymond, thank you. Dan Baldwin---Glencoe, Alabama.

Dandelux 5/5/13 11:20AM
  • Yesterday, April 16th, I brought my Craftsman lawnmower to the Sears in Darthmouth Massachusetts for repair. I had purchased it in June of 2012 and last week while I was cutting the grass for the first time this season the front wheel drive let go. Being covered by a 2 year warranty I had no doubt that it would be fixed. The lawn and garden associate was on break and the nearest cashier called a manager to assist me. Without even looking at my mower he determined that the belt was broken and informed me that belts were not covered under the warranty. I responded that this was a Craftsman mower and in no way should it have stopped working after being used for only 6 months! I then informed him that I was not paying for this repair and that his response was unacceptable. He never even looked at the mower, how could he know that the belt was the problem? After leaving the store, I called the 800 number on my receipt and was connected to a young lady from warranties who apologized for the manager and said that my mower was under warranty until 2014 and that belts were covered. She said that if I wanted to go back into the store she would stay on the line and speak to him. I told her I didn't care to speak with him again but, that I would go back and wait for the lawn and garden person to return from break. He was at his register when I went back in and immediately walked me over to the repair center, had the associate there enter my information and verified my warranty. The two young men who assisted me apologized for the manager and took the lawnmower out of my vehicle. I think the manager needs to be retrained while the associates should be commended for their excellent service.

Anonymous 4/17/13 11:31AM
  • Mr. FJ Memolo of the appliance department in the Centerville, GA store was very helpful in purchasing my freezer.

Seven days after the storm of March 24th, we discovered that our freezer was hit by lightning. We needed a freezer immediately as we had just bought 10 pounds of shrimp and fish. He helped me select a freezer and went beyond the call of duty and helped me unload, unpack, and install the freezer after completing his duty at the store (8 p.m). He drove to my resident to help me which I consider commendable.

Unfortunately, after unpacking the freezer we discovered indention damages to the back sides of the freezer. We suspect the damages were caused by a forklift because there is no evidence of paint chipsâ?¦ leading us to believe that the damages occurred when the freezer was still in the cardboard container. As of date, I am awaiting Mr. Memolo response regarding the damages.

Anonymous 4/17/13 7:34AM
  • sears Charlottetown prince Edward island has to be the worst one to work for only because of the manager not going to name names but she has to be the worst person ever she treats her employees like crap and takes way to many vacations shes never there and when she comes back she starts yelling at every one like its there fault that she cant handle her job pathetic do not work here at all!!!!!!

guest 8/23/13 7:50AM

• I have been working at Sears for a couple of years now in Technical Support. Its really hard to do our job with disrespectful customers yelling and cursing at us while we are trying to fix there appliance over the phone. We just have them try easy things a kid can do but most are too lazy to help themselves would rather wait a week for a technician to do it for them. We all know people dont read there owners manual and dont have a clue on how to use a machine with new technology. Most customers are grateful to talk with us but we do get lots of weeds.

Love my job 11/14/12 11:45AM

• I wanted to know who I speak with other than the out of country line to speak with an HR Corporate Manager? I'm getting really sick of the robotic voices overseas! I quit my job yesterday due to harassment for my manager, and her sidekick, and I'm really thinking of filing a lawsuit! It was soooo bad what I went through, and I've got NO resolution at all! They totally let me quit my job without saying a word, and went to my manager behind my back without saying a word to me! I wrote a letter HR asked, and I tried to go to HR when I got in. I asked my old manager, and it was like all the managers banded together and took turns watching me! They wouldn't let me go downstairs, and I overheard my manager saying as I walked by that (my Name) is so aggressive because, loud enough so I could hear! It was like she knew I was listening to her! I'm positive the managers alerted them I was there when I left my desk in personal! I've heard from longterm employees that this manager has forced another agent to quit with harassing her as well! The HR manager went out of the room my manager was in and back into his office acting like he wasn't in the room speaking with my manager! I went upstairs and clocked out then I quit! The hr person just let me quit without hesitation, and it was like they didn't want me there! Who do I go to about this? It's like the managers all ban together when there is bad behavior! Please let me know!

Angie 6/5/12 10:50PM

• wow! You customers should do our job once in yur life, and understand how hard it is! All of you make our lives a living hell, and I cry every night after I go home. I need my job so I stay! I can't believe how much crap is written about us! This isn't the reps fault on the line with you, we do our jobs, and just because we aren't kissing your a** you hate us....wow! Try and take a look at yourself before judging the rep on YOUR issue! this isn't the fault of the call center, and it sure isnt the fault of the poor rep helping you! It goes both ways, nd this job is the worst job I've ever had as well! Do you think I want to help a person screaming and giving me attitude, when they don't even know how to use the device... People call with bs, and things that can be fixed so easy by yourself, and it's just plain lazy!!! I get cursed at, and I can't curse back, and called every name in the book, then you expect me to kiss your a**! I also don't get why you find it necessary to buy the product if you don't know how to work it, READ THE MANUAL! YOU ARE CALLING A CALL CENTER NOT THE STORE, AND WE ARE NOT THE ENEMY! CALL CORPORATE SEARS!!! I just got told that sears is going out of business, lol! ya right...we are te top service providers out there, and NOBODY can stand up to sears! Everything is going online in business thats why sears closed stores...duh! People are so tough behind a computer screen, if you have an issue got to the source, not behind the screen! We don't like you much either!!!!!

lacey24 5/5/12 7:39PM

• I worked at Sears for 6.5 years and for the record I left the company 2 months ago on my own accord. I have close to 20 years of supervisory/management experience and have never worked for a more screwed up company than Sears. They do nothing but shaft their employees and wonder why their business is declining. Their managers are constantly over burdened with pointless HR compliance and negative conference calls to worry about customers. As a technical manager I spent at least 8 hours a week (not kidding) on conference calls running through reports with district managers trying to bust techs for wasting time. Really? Please for the good of everyone involved shop somewhere other than Sears. My life is so much better since leaving there. I can only hope that the people I know that are still trapped in their cult like culture of death can get out.

Former Technical Manager 4/26/12 6:17PM

• I understand where you all are coming from. I work for Sears. We gotta be the dumbest retail customer service in the history. I’m looking for another job. If they find out I posted this I will get fired im sure. They have been getting rid of people left and right. We can’t even make a delivery on time or without it being damaged. The CEO is a moron. The management at the call center is horrible. I can’t wait to go to work and say, "I quit" Nobody has a clue what’s going on in that place. And its like a high school. He said she said. HR needs to find something to do as well. All they do is investigate stuff. Im not gonna get into specifics cause this could cause me to lose my job as Texas is an at will state. Meaning they could fire you. But if I get fired for something ill make em pay. I have documentation printed out and keep it in my safe of all the corrupt stuff that goes on there. If they do me dirty because they cant make the customers happy they will pay a price. I know how everything works. These idiots’ needs to worry about customer service and stop worrying about who said what and high school BS. Sears is going out of business at a rapid pace. Just Google it. Wall Street tells it how it is. Its time to jump off the sinking ship. Most of my associates have quit already or been let go. They try to lie and hide whats going on but were not stupid. Buh bye for now.

Sincerely,

You wish you knew who this was.

P.S. You WILL know who this is when I quit ;)

Anonymous 3/30/12 3:15PM

• i work for sears,i am also a customer,i buy the service contracts and have several,they are a good value,if they were not i would not buy them myself.i have to agree that sears is not what it used to be but they try every day to improve.and i have seen a lot of imporvement in the last 6 months.

dennis 2/16/12 6:22AM

• I once worked at Sears but only for a bit, the training that they offer us is so poor and the employee treatment is awful. Taking my lunches and breaks was another hassle to always look for someone to cover our breaks and lunches. Also sometimes we got off at a certain time and nobody would come to open the store doors one time we had to wait for 20 minutes for the manager to open the doors and for us to leave after having clocked out and didn't pay us for the time we were just waiting for the manager. So I never shop here and never will because i know the treatment they offer their employees and the bad customer service.

esa 12/29/11 8:30PM

• i worked as a service tech for sears in harvey il& joliet,il for 37 years.i loved my job & loved helping people.then in the last 10 years or so they hired mangament that knew nothing about service.the employees have been beaten into the ground.i hate sears so much that i will not even enter the store.that my friends is why you are having service problems...they simply dont give a darn.

GLAD TO BE GONE 12/28/11 9:16AM

• In the spirit of full disclosure I'll start by saying I'm currently a customer solutions agent in the escalations dept in Round Rock, Texas. In fact I recognize two complaints on here as I handled your concern.
    As is usually the case the truth lies in "the middle". Some of the issues raised here are valid and cogent, while many others are complaints dreamed up by angry customers who are writing to complain because they didn't get their way or are ignorant of what it is we do.
    For example...I wish I had a dollar for every time I had a customer complain about how Sears doesn't make things like they used to. Uh...folks, I have news for you...sears doesn't manufacture a thing. We're Sears. We're NOT Whirlpool...GE...Kenmore...Samsung...or LG. We don't manufacture a thing. We simply sell and service items manufactured by OTHERS. When you buy a car at a dealership do you really think they manufacture the car out back and then drive it to the front of the lot?? Nope. They buy it from Ford...Toyota...etc and sell/service it.
    That's just one example of a customer's criticism that is based on ignorance. Keep in mind anyone can post anything online because of the anonymity factor. Sure, some of the concerns raised here are legit and inexcusable. However, a good amount of stuff on here doesn't pass the smell test and is only half-truths at best. Next time I post I'll address the myth that we don't care about the customer by explaining how many millions of dollars we give out to customers every year...and how customers will play games and try to work the system to get hundreds in gift cards by basically giving us false names...addresses...phone numbers...and posting bogus online reviews hoping our offline social media dept will try to shut them up with....you got it....more gift cards

The Truth 11/22/11 4:20AM

• As a former Technical Support Specialist for Sears Holdings in Round Rock, Texas, I can tell all of you, YOU ARE ALL ABSOLUTELY CORRECT! Not only is the customer service terrible, but this is also a horrible place to work at. I started in summer of 2010 & left in May 2011 & I will tell you 1st hand, there are no real technical support experts you talk to on the phone. Just a bunch of college kids, single moms, disgruntled middle aged men & people just passing through until a better opportunity comes along. Its not their fault. The fault really rests on the managers who have a cold-hearted outlook on true customer service. Yea, they promise you champagne wishes & caviar dreams & apologize non-stop on the phone & tell you, "yes sir/yes ma'am I can fix this over the phone", but honestly, only 20% of those promises are actually followed through. Plus, were given a 6 week crash course on product troubleshooting (which no one becomes a true expert on), along with poor scripts on how to deliver true customer service, which is a absolute joke. And those home improvement specials, FORGET ABOUT IT! Half that crap falls apart after a year or two. I would know, because customers have told me on the phone. The worst is when technicians cancel repairs & the customer calls & we find out thru the routing department that the tech cancelled at the last minute & we are the ones that have to break the news. I learned that the routing department is not responsible for informing customers that techs have cancelled. They are a seperate local division. They really expect the customer to call & check the status. ABSOLUTE SLAP IN THE FACE! I will say that even though no system is perfect, Sears makes T-Mobile look like the Vatican & we all know how bad T-Mobile is, but I digress. The warranty is a nightmare in itself. DO NOT BUY THE SSA! In fact, if you have any kind of warranty with this company, DO NOT RENEW IT! SSA is the worst, because its a 1 year contract, only covers parts up to $500.00 and there are no guarantees that if the item (i.e. dishwasher, front load washer, tractor) isn't able to be repaired, SEARS WILL NOT REPLACE YOUR PRODUCT! Also, if its more than 10 years old, there's no way in hell you can readily find parts for it. I was trained to either have the customer buy a SSA (which we receive commission on), renew the Master Protection Agreement, setup a repair (where you have to pay $129.00 just for a tech to come out & look at your product), or buy a new product. As far as my experience on the phone goes, I do not remember who I talked to or anything, but if anyone has felt jaded, scammed or just pissed off that their problem didn't get resolved, I apologize. My managers, who I'm pretty sure are nice people outside the office, were petty, mean, unreliable, and just didn't know how to tell employees on the phone how to deliver better resolutions to problems. Not to mention I couldn't even get time off for my daughter's 1st birthday, but I digress (again). As a customer now, I can tell you all, I wouldn't buy a dead rat from this place, even if it were stuffed with a $1 million dollar check & it was given to me for free. So overall, everyone please take heed: DO NOT BUY FROM SEARS! Go to Lowes, Best Buy, heck, you'd even have better luck on craigslist.com if you want a quality product. Its not that people don't take their job seriously, but the person you speak with on the phone is trying to keep their head above water & has only 3 minutes to either reach a resolution or tell you any kind of crap you wanna hear or their gonna get a write up (PPI) or won't receive any recognition or commission if their metrics aren't met. So, what's the silver lining in all of this...well, as of 2012, this company might be finished. Look up the first quarter sales for Sears Holdings & see why they might fold & turn into Kmart. These are actual facts, no rumors or lies. As I stated before, no company or system is perfect, but Sears has fallen drastically and quite frankly, it is not the same as it use to be. If you want great customer service, REAL technical support & quality product, DO NOT BUY FROM SEARS!

Ghetto7Swords 9/28/11 10:47AM

• SEARS Holding, Inc., owned by billionaire hedge fund guru Eddie Lampert, is not the SEARS it used to be. Employees are treated like indentured slaves. They are REQUIRED to ask EVERY custoeemr to apply for a Sears credit card, Sears Mastercard, or a Sears Charge Plus Card Plus Card. If the employees don't open a minimum of five Sears credit cards per every TWO weeks, they can be fired. Many do get fired. In this economy it's difficult to reach that goal, esp. in a SMALL Sears like in Key West, FL., where very few customers are in the store! Employees are REQUIRED to sell a minimum number of PROTECETION AGREEMENTS, such as on large appliances, based on sales. If the employee doesn't, they can be fired. Customers complain daily that all of these questions are annoying, & they slow down the sale at the cash register. They are right! The employee has to inform the customer to fill out a 1 questions survey on the check-out screen, after they pay. Then they are told they can win a Sears gift card if they go online & fill out a customer service survey. Sears tries to convince their employees, they're "creating customers for life." IN reality, all the presure on the customers to buy these extras, & all the required questions, annoys most customers & they complain about it! Employees in the Appliances Dept. do NOT GET PAID an hourly wage. After $9/hr. training for one week on the sales floor, employees get only an average of 2+1/2% commission on some large appliances. ON some items in Appliances Dept. they get nothing; it depends on the brand. On air conditioners, they're lucky to get $1.00. Appliance Dept. is NOT the big money many people seem to think it is. It is cut0throat, full of miserable employees, and they are under such pressure to sell Sears credit cards, Protection Agreements (P.A.'s), Sears Protection Plans, & SYWR memberships, that most employees resent it, esp. in this economy. It is very difficult to reach the numbers corporate expects, as they lack customers in the store in Key West, FL on many days, & teh economy has completely changed consumer spending habits. Sears puts their employees under so much pressure from the day tehy are hires, that many quit. They are unrealistic. Think about this next time you shop at Sears. I suggest shopping elsewhere. They treat employees at teh KEy WEst store like crap, with expectations that make them nervous to lose their job on a daily basis. What kind of culture is this? Greed from corporate. The trainer used to get paid to trin a new employee. NO more! The salesperson expected to train the new salesperaon in the Appliances Dept. , was an employee on commission-only, & no longer gets paid to train. Thus, their attitude was, "Why should I waste my time training this new person? It may hurt my sales." Sears = Greed. If an employee spends an hour educating & helping the customer & they go home & order the product online, instead of in the store, the employee get paid zero. It happens all the time, because they need to confer with their spouse, or get a measurement, etc. Commision-only sales in the Appliances adopet,. is a scam for the employee who loses in the end, at least at Sears in KEy West, FL. The store is constantly out of stock of items, & many customers do not want to wait one week, or often much longer, to have an appliance delivered. The delivery fee is usually $69 or more, even if you have to wait a month for the merchandise.

Anonymous 8/5/11 5:41AM

• I'm a Sears employee and sympathize with the customers greatly! I don't work in a store but the corporate office. They say customers are #1 and employees #2 in their book. Well, the employees feel just like the customers that have posted their comments. But in this economy, who has the option to change jobs? Don't worry, they're not giving us the profits either. I am reviewed "on a curve" and have to do more than exceptional at what my job is to get rated better than acceptable. It seems if I don't create some miracle to happen, there is no recognition. We have not had cost of living increases except 1 time in 4 years. But not to worry, if you know someone at the top, you can sit and balance your checkbook, shop online, facebook your friends, and chit chat half the day with the big wigs and for that, you get promoted because they have put you on the fast track up. For hard work, dedication, devotion and annoyance with the forementioned behavior, you get told you are doing the job you were hired to do and there is no compensation for that.

Yes, as you may have guessed, I am seeking a new opportunity just as the previous CEO, CFO and others have. I rarely see promotions going to the people who put forth the most effort, but more to the people who's "daddies" know some big wig in the company. And they wonder why things don't improve. They should really take the blinders off and see REALITY!

I tried to have a conversation/debate with the "Chairman" about some of the insane policies that have been implemented, but was given a warning that he has a lot invested in the company and my comments were not appreciated. I guess if he doesn't get a pay raise he won't be able to fly around in his private jet. I don't get one and I have to figure out how to budget a rent increase, continuing to drive to work everyday, etc.

The priorities of this company are way off kilter! Unless you want to fund Eddie Lampert's next excursion!

I also avoid purchasing from sears since I ordered a laptop and forgot to check to make sure it had a disk drive. (silly thing to think about on a laptop these days isn't it?)

We also purchased a dishwasher, provided a delivery phone # and they couldn't find the number, this was after over an hour to checkout. What is so difficult about this process? It was at least 15 minutes while they made a copy of the delivery ticket...then they messed up the receipt and I had to go back to have them correct it.

You get what you pay for and until Mr. Lampert realizes he needs to pay his employees, customers will continue to get sub-par service.

But don't worry, India will have plenty of employees because of Sears, they opened Sears of India to "handle" the lower cost customer service, and if you can get them to understand English, you are doing well! (Note: the corporate office is starting to look like a miniature India).

Disgruntled but Employed 5/31/11 4:34PM

• I blame the customers ... they come into the store and immediately begin with their rude, snide and unfriendly comments. I have been cursed at, grabbed, threatened and once even hit but customers because of some issue completely unrelated to the store ... but with delivery, service, etc...

Get with it people! Don't take your frustrations out on us. We're just trying to keep our jobs.

mgr 5/29/11 7:47PM

• everyone has a complaint... I understand that people are upset that tech is running late, was rs, part was delay, or repair is taking long... But please when calling quit saying "i pay for a warranty that does not offer anything" READ your warranty before you open your mouth. People dont understand that as a Sears employee we are treated like trash.People are being discriminated in the company and no one does anything managers likes to partner up to be mean and fire people. If we lie to customers is because no one as the answer of all the issues. I dont work for Sears anymore, as a customer you cant expect Sears to care when they dont care for their employees.

Liz 11/8/10 9:40PM

• To all the customers that feel that they have been delt with in the wrong way first and foremost I would like to extend my apologies to all of you we have several systems set in place for loyal customers such as yourselves unfortunalty sometimes that issue seems to fall through cracks not every company is perfect but we are definetly willing to work with you we have assembled a special team to deal with the complaints that everybody on this page is mentioning and we are ready to take ur call and try to make things right once again.... and our managers do care about the associates and especialy our cust cause they are the one that provides us with our job please forgive us and let us earn your trust once again

Anonymous 10/27/10 12:34PM

• My name is Shayne with the Sears Escalations Team. First please allow me to apologize for the delay in responding to the many different complaints on this sight with Sears. Here at Sears, we value each and every customer that we have. Unfortunately, there are times when we miss the mark as far as poor customer service, not showing up on time for a service call, delays in delivery and many other things. In our department we are working to tackle these issues one at a time as we come across them. We are a single point of contact for our customers and our case managers work an issue from the beginning to the end when we get a resolution that best suits our customers and Sears. I would like to ask each and every one of you to contact our office via email at searscares@searshc.com and we will have a case manager contact you directly within 24 hours of receipt of the email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please reference this web site, for reference to were you heard about us, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Anonymous 10/27/10 12:26PM

• i used to work for sears and i know i tried to give the best customer service but you see we were not paid enough and our bosses treated us bad and that is still the case today as i hear that is why the company is falling because managers dont care and they are suppose to be examples but their horrible ones. i remember them just being lazy and never seeing them around. and then were always grumpy and never want to be their and dont give good customer service so you see this repeated cycle..

Anonymous 6/27/10 10:54PM

• To everyone that has had issues with Sears:

Shayne W.
    Senior Case Manager
    Sears Cares

SearsCares 6/4/10 10:20AM

• I must say, Our store has the best team. I love working with these great people. But I have noticed that all the hard work that these people do arenWRTH THE PAY!! Come on sears. If you want to keep your fine hardworking people, you have to pay your people way better. I mean 3 years and 7.50 how are we going to pay our bills. I'm a L.P. Officer and I have savedyour store alot of money. I have work with the company for two years. MY PAY 8.40...Thats bad!!!! I also have three children.By did ya know that L.P. Officers pay starts out at 12.00. I question myself why I stay. Thats easy I LOVE the fine people I work with. But Sears you have to pay your people better, or you will get young kids whom don't give a crap about sales or customers. Just saying:~{

Anonymous 1/14/10 8:17AM

• Oh and it's usually not the techs fault that they don't make it to you. Most techs complete on average 7-8 calls a day depending what the specialty is, yet we are given 12-13 calls to "try" and complete. So at 8 a.m there are about 5 customers that will be disappointed. So think twice about giving the techs attitude because we hear it all day every day and we still are forced to work at least 1-2 hours overtime every day.

Anonymous 11/18/09 6:42PM

• I work for this company and they are digging there own grave. They are hiring people who don't have any expierience and don't have a desire to learn and those who want training are denied... Plus they prefer getting a good survey score over fixing a customers unit. Just a heads up to you all. The techs that know what they are doing are moving on.

Anonymous 11/18/09 6:23PM

• Dear Sears Customers

My name is David and I work for the Sears Cares executive team. It is disappointing to read about the problems that you have experienced with Sears. We are concerned with the service you have received and would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you regarding your experiences. At your convenience please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com so we can further discuss your concerns. We would be more than glad to discuss any questions, concerns, and experiences you may have. In your email please provide a brief description of your issue and a phone number where we can contact you at your convenience.

David V.
    Senior Case Manager

SearsCares 8/28/09 8:36AM

• MY GOD!

As a part-time Sears employee for nearly 6 years (and now at $8.36 per hour without any benefits I can afford), I WANT TO SINCERELY APOLOGIZE TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE POSTED HERE TO DATE: ALL 61 POSTERS as of my writing this.

Obviously given my pay, I am an easily dispensable nobody at Sears - which probably won't mean much to you given the awful things you all have written here about your experience with my employer. BUT, I write in spite of being a disposable employee to SEARS, to let you know that SOME PEOPLE at Sears do care and REALLY DO TRY THEIR UTMOST to help.

Please know that some of Sears' employees (however lowly like me) actually do have spines. We don't call out sick or claim that our truck broke down again. Jeesh! How old are these trucks ever breaking down anyway? And are service repairmen ever subject to exposure to germs given going to people's home or what? STUPID.

Some of us, regardless of pay or unrealistic expectactions on the part of the corporation or our immediate bosses in the "food chain," believe that if we accept any employment at all, however modest that employment, then we are responsible for performing that job to our best abilities. I wanted you to know that however awful your experience, some of us work incredibly hard to make things work not only for this company - but for YOU. And again, and although it probably means nothing - I apologize for my company.

Over my 6 part-time years at Sears, they actually have been trying to "get it" - but are slow. Frankly, I often wonder if they genuinely realize what it takes to make it anymore. But then again, I realize that Sears became a GIANT for very good reasons. Now, I think Sears' problems are that it's size and longevity now hinders the very improvements that can help all of you, with the problems you have been experiencing.

Sometimes only giant bureaucracies like Sears can get important things done - like that which established the Sears reputation for excellence in many areas. Yet, the drawback is that their size ultimately hinders the changes needed to maintain excellence. Ya know?

Yeah, yeah, I know the above does NOTHING to make you feel better about your applicance failure or Sears' failures in customer service. But, as an employee, what I can tell you is that the company has been trying to change for the better in my 6 years there. Okay, my management is really stupid. I get that and like, DUH! I work there! But, this a huge, old business culture. And frankly, most huge, old cultures don't react to change all that well. My guys are going to either get it or not. I apologize if YOU, my company's customer, is suffering in this process of adapting.

Now, I know the above might not mean much - but, in these economic times especially, maybe it's only websites like this that will help our corporate giants to discover and do whatever it is they need to do to survive - which INCLUDES your customer satisfaction. Jeesh! My company has failed miserably!!!

IN spite of the above, I urge you all to not give up on Sears and to write, rewrite, mail, e-mail, call, leave messages - do and do and do - to make this company get a clue. Maybe it's a company worth saving (and without a socialistic governemtn bail out too!!) and only YOUR complaints - constant - consistent - specific and etc. - will make this huge company change.

Again, I'm so, so sorry for your awful experience with my employer, Sears Holdings. My CEO should be writing at least a few of you in order to have a hope of keeping you as a Sears customer - and not me - a disposble employee. I'm sorry for that too.

I also know this doesn't mean much given how very much money you all have spent at Sears - or lost in addition to that failing appliance in particular. But, I know you might have used your vacation hours or have taken unpaid hours from YOUR work to wait for a Sears repairman to appear. Thank you.

I'm so, so sorry! Perhaps one of the big whigs at Sears will see this posting. Who knows except that I only hope it might matter to one of you.

I care. I care anyway. As a Sears employee your stories deeply embarrass me & I can't believe my national management hasn't come here yet, to comment.

Well, national management, you can't rely on $8.36 per hour employees to solve the problems expressed here. Again, I'm embarrassed by you!!! Are URLs like this to be the public face of Sears? Jeesh! Maybe YOU need to fire your national/regional customer service teams too!!!! Hire people who get it!!!!

Anonymous 5/6/09 12:59PM

• I am a former Sears / A&E Tech Manager and I understand everyone’s pain dealing with repairs with Sears and A&E Factory Service, which many of you know, are in fact one in the same company. And that’s why you receive the same service, or lack of service, whether you purchased your product at Sears or some other appliance dealer.

Many of us have trusted Sears and their products for many years. One thing we must remember about Sears is that “SEARS MAKES NOTHING” Sears sources their products from other manufacturers and places the Kenmore or Craftsman brand name on them. Consumers trusted the products they purchased from Sears, mainly because in years past, the products were quality products and although Sears didn’t manufacturer them, Sears stood behind the product, the service and most of all, were dedicated to ‘Customer Satisfaction’.

But companies in order to make shareholder’s money have cut costs on product components. Parts are manufactured overseas and that increases availability time and cost. Now, I have nothing against overseas manufacturing, many quality goods are manufactured overseas and it certainly enables the US consumer to live the American Dream, but we are not seeing the quality and longevity of products that we are accustomed to having in the past. Let’s face it, I don’t expect my DVD player to last as long as my refrigerator, but I do expect my refrigerator to last many years, or at least longer than my DVD player.

During my experience as a tech manager, I have seen many brand new $1,500 - $1,800 refrigerators stop cooling within a week after being delivered at the customer’s home. Most of the time it’s the ‘Compressor’, the heart of the cooling system, which has stopped working. Now the consumer can complain to the retail store until they are blue in the face, but Sears will not replace the unit, they will send out a technician, who most likely will not have this particular compressor in his truck stock. The technician will have to order the compressor and come back in about 7 – 8 days to evacuate the sealed Freon system, braze in a new compressor, test for leaks and replace with new Freon. Nor Sears or any other retail store wants this refrigerator back, why?? Because they can’t resell it as new.

In part, the lack of quality on major appliances is due to the consumer. Consumers want stylish appliances with 20 wash cycles or an in-door water and ice dispenser that enable us to have either ice cubes or crushed ice, water or juice, a clock and a cute illuminated night light. Very convenient, but we want all this convenience for a very affordable price. Manufacturers don’t want your refrigerator to last 20 years, as it did years ago. Sears just monopolizes on poor manufacturing. By the way, that electronic control board is about $500.00, + Labor. And if you’re fortunate, you’ll be within the warranty period or have paid for a Sears Protection Agreement.

As I said, I am a former Sears / A&E Tech Manager; I have heard many customers complain about the products and the service. So, possibly I can enlighten the consumer on the Sears / A&E In-Home Product Repair business.

Let’s start from the beginning. Mrs. Consumer has a problem with her appliance and calls
    1-800-4-MY-HOME. This call is connected to a Call Center in Round Rock, Texas, where you will be greeted by a representative. If you are a first time caller, the Rep will need to create a new account for you. If you are a repeat caller, your account will be on their computer system. Your account will have the usual customer name, address, telephone number(s) and a list of all your appliances with purchase dates, model/serial numbers and whether you have a Protection Agreement on that appliance.

You cannot ask any technical questions to the Rep, because they only make appointments. You cannot be transferred to anyone for Technical Assistance. Your only option is to set up a service call on a mutually agreed date, either an AM or PM appointment. The Rep does one other very important part of their job description; they will “push the sale of a Protection Agreement (PA)”.

Protection Agreements are the life blood of Sears. Protection Agreement pricing structures vary greatly from product to product. They are historically and statistically priced by the cost and frequency of component failures. One important fact to remember when being solicited to purchase a Protection Agreement; once you purchase it… you are locked into Sears / A&E as your repair company. And once your locked in, you, as the consumer are locked in to missed appointments, late running technicians, waiting at least a 7 – 10 days for a part and the ultimate frustration, after waiting a week or so for the part, either the part arrives broken or once the part is installed, the appliance still does not work and another part needs to be ordered. And YES!! This happens daily in the life of as Sears / A&E technician.

Getting back to your service appointment date. Your service date is directly connected to ‘CAPACITY’. Capacity relates to the number of Technicians (that work on your appliance) and the geographic area in which you live. Capacity is fed into a computer by the Regional Routing Center. Daily capacity is built by the number of technicians scheduled to work in any given day by location and industry. Capacity is built like airline companies sell seats………… they overbook!!

Sears has the ability and does overbook technicians, why?? Because they know there is always the possibility that on the day of the scheduled appointment, either the customer has forgotten about the appointment and went out, or the customer has cancelled because of any number of reasons. But a customer, who has waited a week for a scheduled appointment for a refrigerator that is not cooling, will not forget about the appointment. Also, there is a process in place, which automatically telephones the customer the night before the scheduled appointment to remind them of the service call. The District Management also has the authority to force overtime capacity into the technician’s schedule, which they have done.

Everyone in the Sears Product Repair business is rated on PRODUCTIVITY. From the District Service General Manager, the District Technical Manager, the Technical Managers and the Technicians. Productivity within Sears / A&E is rated on the number of jobs (Service Calls) per day. When a customer is ‘not home’ or ‘cancels’ their scheduled appointment that reduces the number of service calls the technician has on his route that day. Sears will do everything in their power to insure a technician does not complete his route early.

There are many reasons why a Technician is late for their scheduled AM or PM appointment. I have already touched on the practice of overbooking. When a technician has a full route and there are no cancellations or not at home’s, most likely, the technician will run late on his/her AM appointments, which has a domino affect on their remaining route. Worst case scenario, the technician may not complete his/her route that day and service calls will need to be rescheduled.

Another reason why technicians run late is because frankly, the appliance refuses to cooperate and it takes longer than normal to complete the diagnosis and/or repair. One of the biggest complaints technicians have is that there in not enough time allotted for the repairs. Each repair is allotted a certain amount of time which equates to the number of parts to be replaced. I have seen the auto-routing software schedule 5 AM appointments for a technician, with considerable drive time to each customer.

Additionally, Tech Managers have been known to add emergency service calls to technician’s daily routes. Emergency service calls are added because of irate customers, who may have been rescheduled the day before, or a multi-attempt repair that has stopped working, once again.

When you call the 1-800-4-MY-HOME number to inquire the whereabouts of your scheduled technician, just ask to be transferred to the local district’s Customer Service Reps. The 800 number is a national call center, they don’t have access to the technician’s route. Ask the 800 number Service Rep to transfer you to the local district’s customer service Reps. It’s the local Customer Service reps that will be able to find where your technician is and when he should be at your home. It’s the local district customer service reps that will be able to get all the answers you need about your schedule, appliance replacements, parts status, and the Tech Manager responsible for your service and repair.

Another big frustration by customers are Reschedules. Reschedules at Sears are a way of life. Customers take off from work, wait all day for the technician to arrive and they never show. Why?? Well, overbooking can play a role in reschedules, adding an emergency service call to a technician’s route can also contribute to a reschedule. Some common reasons are sickness and truck breakdowns. When a technician calls out sick in the morning, there may be 10 -12 service calls on their route that day. Now, given the fact that technicians’ routes are overbooked by design, doesn’t provide an avenue to redistribute 10 – 12 service calls to other technicians. Also, technicians do get sick during the day and elect to go home prior to completing their route. And of course truck breakdowns, their mechanical and are subject to breakdowns. This also contributes to reschedules.

The last reschedule problem I want to touch on are two man, helper calls. Many service calls require a HELPER to assist in moving appliances or completing the repair. I have seen the Sears automated scheduling system schedule the primary technician as his first call of the day and schedule the helper as his 3rd or 4th call of the day. This frustrates the technicians and at times both the primary and helper never get together and the service call is rescheduled. It is the responsibility of the primary technician to contact the Regional Routing Center to find out who his helper is, than he must call the helper to see when they will be available to meet. Helper calls can be ugly to both technicians and customers.

Now, customers may or may not get a telephone call notifying them their scheduled appointment, the one they have been waiting for all day, will need to be rescheduled. Technicians will not make that dreaded phone call to the customer and frankly, it’s not their responsibility. The responsibility to notify the customer that the technician is running late or their service call must be rescheduled, falls on the ‘Router’ at the Regional Routing Center. And frankly these Routers get beat up by angry customers, who Sears once again disappointed.

Each Regional Routing Center has a Router, this person is assigned a group of technicians and monitors their route throughout the day. Technicians can contact their Router when they need to notify them of potential problems with their route, if they get sick and are going home or when their truck breakdowns. The Router also contacts the Tech Manager with technician issues and problems. Technicians will also contact their Tech Manager directly throughout the day with problems and issues.

Another problem that frustrates customers are product replacements. As I stated earlier, even a brand new appliance in the customer’s home will not be replaced, if it can be repaired. Sears and A&E are in the ‘Repair’ business, not the replacement business.

I have spoken to angry customers who have a Protection Agreement on their appliance who will argue to have the appliance replaced, because the price of the repair is more than the replacement cost. Customers must remember, Sears is in this business to make money. Technicians are paid by the hour and installed parts cost about half of what a customer is charged for the parts.

An In-Warranty replacement of a product is charged back to the manufacturer, a product replacement under a Protection Agreement is charged back to the District. Each District maintains a monthly product replacement budget, but will do everything in their power to repair the product and not replace the product. For this reason I have seen customers wait many weeks for a part that was on back-order to arrive, rather than replace the product. The only sure way to obtain a product replacement is, if it needs a part which is ‘NLA’ – No Longer Available.

It is the responsibility of the Tech Manager to forward all replacements for approval. Replacement approvals are generally reviewed by the District’s Operations Manager. The operations manager has responsibility for the districts budget as it relates to product replacements, technician’s tools, supplies, safety equipment etc. Once the operations manager approves the replacement, the retail store is sent a replacement authorization, generally by e-mail and the customer is notified to come to the store.

Another complaint customers have are that the technician wasn’t familiar or knowledgeable with the product they were supposed to diagnose and repair. I have already touched on the fact that some technicians cross train in another industry and do not possess the same product knowledge or experience as the technician who work on these products exclusively.

Years ago, manufacturers had technical representatives who would visit regional training centers and train technicians on new products. Manufacturers have stopped this practice of providing field training. Sears now has employed the practice of providing Computer Based Training (CBT’S) disks. Technicians don’t like the CBT’s as it doesn’t provide the same level of training by hands-on instructor training. Also, the time a Tech Manager can allot to training is minimal, at best.

Tech Managers generally have “Ready Meetings” with their techs. Ready Meetings are designed to give the Tech Manager the opportunity to get his/her technicians together to disseminate information, procedures, handouts, or update their SST’s. Many Ready meetings can only be scheduled for 1 hour, because remember, everything revolves around ‘Productivity’ and a technician cannot be productive if he’s attending a meeting.

Many Ready Meetings are held for mandatory procedural education by Sears. Procedural education has absolutely nothing to do with product troubleshooting and repair. I can safely say many of the technicians get their training while under fire at the customer’s home. Many new appliances technicians are sent to repair, they have never even seen before. I have been told by technicians they were embarrassed in front of customers, because they didn’t even know how to open up an appliance. At the very best, possibly the technician was given a training CD, but he was never given the adequate time to view it.

HAVC technicians at Sears are specialized. They had to go through formal training and have a certification in Freon handling. Again, Sears does try to hire experienced technicians, but experienced HVAC Techs are very hard to find. Sears will hire an HVAC tech right out of Technical School. Some technical schools are very good, some just teach enough to pass the certification test. Many HVAC technicians do not possess the troubleshooting skills to adequately diagnose and repair a problem the first time or the second or third time. That’s why there are so many repeat service calls for the same problem. And this is not just HAVC, this practice runs all industries. Sears will send a new technician out on the road with an experienced tech for maybe, 2 - 4 weeks of training.

This training focuses mainly on how to operate as a Sears tech on a daily basis, learning how troubleshoot and repair are weak at best. The tech must learn how to operate his SST (Sears Smart Toolbox), this is the metal laptop that each technician uses to order parts, reschedule follow up service calls and oh yes, to determine your service bill if this was a collect service call. The SST also has product diagrams which show the technician a schematic of product components, which the tech uses constantly.

The technician also has another alternative HELP Hotline, ‘STACK’. STACK (Sears Technical Assistance Center). Also located in Round Rock, Texas is a technical call center, providing additional technical assistance. They have diagrams and microfiche
    diagrams to assist technicians in the field. But STACK is only as good as the technician is able to clearly communicate the problem. I have myself spoken to STACK and some of the complaints were that the technician wasn’t able to clearly articulate the problem.

Parts, lets talk a little about parts. I have been told by technicians and angry customers that when they called the 1-800-4-My-Home, they were told by the call center agent that the technician would have the part on their truck. In fact, there are many parts, hundreds of parts on each service vehicle. But the vehicle cannot carry every part for every model and manufacturer, it’s just impossible. Now there are two possibilities the customer was told the technician would bring the part, either the agent was new and shouldn’t have committed that the technician would have the part on the truck or the customer was angry and demanded the technician bring the part with him and the agent agreed, just to end the call. Yes I have heard about both scenarios.

You may wonder why the technician schedules his return service call 10 days out in the future. This is done because of the US Postal Service. Sears knows it takes at least this long to process the order and ship it out. Yes, the part will most likely arrive days prior to your scheduled service date, but to be sure the part does arrive, Sears uses a 10 day lead time, to insure the part arrives. Sears does not want to cancel a scheduled service call because the part did not arrive. (It’s a PRODUCTIVITY ISSUE). And yes, parts can be Emergency ordered, but technicians generally need to obtain permission from their tech manager before emergency ordering a part, why?? Because it is very expensive to emergency ship replacement parts. So who suffers ??. The consumer suffers.

Why does it take so long to get someone out to look at my appliance? Well, if it’s your refrigerator that’s not cooling during your home areas’ hottest months; good luck getting a service technician to diagnose your problem. These are the peak periods for ‘No Cooling’ and the technicians are normally swamped with calls. I have seen some customers wait for two weeks for a service call. And on the day of the service call, the tech called out sick and the customer had to be rescheduled.

The period of time, when you call for service and when you can obtain a service date is known by Sears as “State of Service”. State of service can be all over the calendar. If you call for service and you are not happy with your appointment, call the retail store and complain. The retail stores have a relationship with the District Service & Repair managers. Often the relationship is strained due to poor service, unhappy and often angry customers. But the retail store’s Brand Central or Operations managers can place some pressure on the district to satisfy the customer.

I think you can now understand, why at times, technicians have such a hard time diagnosing and fixing your appliance the first time and why it takes so long to receive replacement parts. Sears sends inexperienced technicians out in the field and they leave the local Customer Service departments and Tech Managers to do ‘Damage Control’, when they don’t or can’t fix the product. Believe me, there are way too many ’Better Business Bureau’ and ‘Attorney General’ complaints reaching Hoffman Estates, then funneling down the respective District Offices.

Let’s talk about Technician Productivity a little. Technician Productivity is rated on the number of ‘COMPLETES PER DAY’, not ‘CALLS HANDLED’. There is a distinct difference between the two categories. Completes per day simply means the technician diagnosed and fixed the problem on the same day of the appointment. Calls handled means the technician diagnosed the problem and a part needed to be ordered and a future follow up date needed to be scheduled.

Industry is a term used by Sears to designate the type of work performed by a technician. Sears service multiple industries; IE ‘Laundry’ for Washers and Dryers, ‘HVAC’ for gas and oil boilers and furnaces, Central Air & Window air conditioners, Dehumidifiers, Water Softeners, Reverse Osmosis water filtering systems, Hot Water Heaters, ‘Home Electronics’ for tabletop and wall mounted TV’s, ‘Lawn & Garden’ garden tractors, snow throwers, power washers etc and
    ‘Refrigeration’ for Refrigerators and Freezers and ‘Cooking’ for stoves, ranges, microwaves, dishwashers.

It is worthy to note, many Sears Technicians cross industries, as many industries are seasonal. A Technician could face a layoff if he didn’t expand his skills and cross train in another industry. This is one reason why some technicians aren’t as comfortable diagnosing and repairing appliances because they don’t repair these appliances on a regular basis.

Sears brags about being certified as an ISO 9001 company. For a manufacturing company, being ISO certified means constantly reviewing the manufacturing process, to cut down on waste and defects. Manufacturing companies strive for ZERO defects. And, if a manufacturing company consistently uses quality materials and processes, that they themselves set forth as the standard, hypothetically, a quality product will be manufactured the same way; day and day and week after week.

But Sears does not have ISO standards for troubleshooting and diagnosing problems, technicians don’t have ISO standards for fixing the appliance, right, the first time. Sears does have an ISO Standard which states: the Technician will be in his/her service vehicle and punch in on their SST at 7:25AM each and every day they are scheduled to work.

Sears does have a standard that states the technician leaves from his driveway at 7:25AM and drives to his first call of the day, period!!. The standard goes on to say that the technician cannot stop on the way to his first call to get a cup of coffee, he can’t stop for gas. The technician is not even allowed to call his first call of the day to be sure the customer is home.
    Plenty of technicians have arrived at their first call to find an empty house. The same standard applies to the technician’s last call of the day. The technician can only drive from his last call back to his/her driveway, no stops, not even for gas.

Sears Tech Manager’s are just as overworked as the Technicians they manage. The Sears Tech Manager who manages his team is part ‘Manager’ and a big part ‘Detective’ and ‘Enforcer’.

Sears mandates compliancy from its Technicians and the Tech Manager is the instrument of Enforcement. Sears places more rules and regulations on its technicians than our current day military. Under the umbrella of being “ISO Compliant”, Sears mandates their technicians to follow many, many, rules and frankly, the technician does not have a ‘Rule Book’ to refer to, all the rules must be set in his /her memory. Tech managers spend too many hours trying to smooth over angry customers and trying to catch technicians doing something they shouldn’t be doing.

Many Technicians strive to get away with doing less. If a Tech wants to reach his Tech Manager and can’t reach them, he will contact another tech manager to forward a message. But if a technician doesn’t want to be contacted, he will not answer his cell phone. Then the tech manager has no alternative, but to call him at the customer’s home telephone number. Some Tech’s will do anything and everything to get out of work and they know how to do it while in the field. Especially at the end of the day, when you need to add an extra call to their route. They will not do it.

One last note, there are many knowledgeable and friendly Sears Technicians and many that are not. Think twice about your past experiences with Sears before you purchase another Sears Protection Agreement.

I hope I have been able to bring to you some consumer education about the Sears / A&E repair business. And provide you some insight into making an educated decision with your purchasing power.

Former Sears Tech-Manager 9/4/08 3:13PM

Check out these popular comparisons of Sears customer service versus other companies:
Sears vs. Best Buy
Sears vs. Macy's
Sears vs. Target
Sears vs. Toys R Us
Sears vs. Walmart
Authorized representatives of Sears can sign up to reply to any of the comments found on this page.

Customer Relations
800-549-4505
Sears Credit Card Support
800-917-7700
Sears customer service phone number including steps to reach representatives, hours of operation, customer support links and more from ContactHelp.com.

Complete Sears customer service phone numbers and contact information at ContactHelp.com

Locate the Sears corporate office headquarters phone number, address and more at CorporateOfficeOwl.com.

Sears corporate office headquarters information at CorproateOfficeOwl.com

Hours of Operation
Find Sears hours of operation for locations near you!. You can also find Sears location phone numbers, driving directions and maps.

Sears hours of operation at HoursOfOperation.biz

Returns & Refunds
Review the Sears return and refund policy at ReturnsAndRefunds.com.

Sears returns, refund and exchange policy at ReturnsAndRefunds.com

Get immediate support for your Sears questions from HelpOwl.com.

Receive immediate support for Sears at HelpOwl.com

View thousands of Sears user reviews and customer ratings available at ReviewOwl.com.

Sears reviews and ratings at ReviewOwl.com

New Owner of Clearwater Sears Outlet Store
"Our goal is to simplify the Outlet shopping experience by providing exceptional customer service and a personalized in-store visit so customers can find exactly what they need and want." Each Sears Outlet Store, on average, offers shoppers more than ...
Newly Remodeled Sears Hometown Store Opens in Helena
We have the same knowledgeable team in place and look forward to continuing to provide exceptional customer service and a wonderful in-store experience." The newly remodeled Sears Hometown Store in Helena is the only place in town where customers ...
Sears Hometown Store Opening Lexington Location In June
"Carl is putting together a knowledgeable team. They are focused on providing customers with great products, exceptional customer service and a wonderful store experience." Sears Hometown Stores focuses on selling home appliances, hardware, tools and ...