Time Warner Cable Customer Service

Time Warner Cable customer service is ranked #408 out of the 707 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 31.97 out of a possible 200 based upon 1490 ratings. This score rates Time Warner Cable customer service and customer support as Disappointing.

1,401 Negative Comments out of 1,490 Total Comments is 94.03%.

89 Positive Comments out of 1,490 Total Comments is 5.97%.

• Viewing Time Warner Cable customer service complaints
    1 - 25 out of 1,401
  • WORST COMPANY I HAVE DONE BUSINESS WITH!!!. Long story about billing issues but I'm sure you all have heard the complaints many times. They will lie from the install cost to why your service was disconnected when you did not even have a bill due. Service has been connected for 3 weeks and I have been disconnected 4 times. Everytime you call and hold for 20 to 30 minutes you are told a different LIE and no one can see all the previous calls. Called yesterday and after holding 20 minutes a rep answered and asked me to hold - all she did was put me back in the queue and I waited another 15 min. PUC need to fine TWC for horrible service. I am now on my way to the PUC website. Will be filing a complaint today.

ca 4/22/14 9:22AM
  • I don't know what is going wrong with your new system, but half of my saved programs will not play. They jump and jerk a couple of times, then they just stop. What a mess. I either need a new DVR or you need to fix all the quirks in your system. VERY FRUSTRATING.

Anonymous 4/20/14 12:49PM
  • they are horrible. to change something to your account it takes 6 different customer service rep. Even after you speak to 6th rep, he was not able to resolve the problem. As business class customer for time warner cable, very unsatisfied.

rhondad 4/16/14 8:21AM
  • This Is The Worst Company I Have Ever Done Bussiness With!!!! I Have Tried To Use Them More Them One Time Because I Believe In Second Chances But I Will Never Go Through This Company Again. I Would Rather Live Without Tv And Internet Then Ever Go Through Time Warner Again. They Charged Me For A Box That Was Returned And Then Sent Me To Collections For A Box That They Picked Up When They Set Up My Ex's Service. I Was Never Late One Time On My Bill Then They Send Me To Collections For A Box They Took Back???? What A Crap Company With Crap Customer Service People!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous 4/15/14 2:55PM
  • This company should not be allowed to stay in business. The telephone customer service is insanely terrible. I literally was placed on hold for an hour by a representative with such a thick accent I could barely understand them, nor could they understand me. I resorted to look for a resolution online while the representative had me on hold, I found a resolution in about 10 minutes, I waited on the line to see how long it would take for the representative to come back on the line. About an hour later the rep came back on the line and said they would need to send out a technician from 9-5pm to resolve a remote issue. I had called about getting my cable box volume to increase. The service received inside the cable store was even worse. When trying to setup service I had to wait for two women behind the counter to finish their conversation about what they did the previous weekend, and who they slept with, the conversation was loud and graphic. So depressed that this is the highest speed internet available in my area.

AnythingButThis 4/15/14 2:05PM
  • You are the worst company I have ever dealt with. You are probly worst than duke energy and their mothers suck cok in hell.
    Direct tv is the way to go. No liars, no cheats, no runaround. You sound like my ex!;!!!!

coco4 4/14/14 10:07PM
  • Am so upset right now I made arrangement for time Warner to take money out my account the money been in their since the 10of April and they we're to take it out the 11and still yet they still have not taken it out at all and now they want to take more money and over charge me yea right Erica baker very upset at this moment

erica 4/14/14 2:44PM
  • I am glad to read the comments below. Now I won't have to list all of my problems. What a MESS. I have all three services and hate to give up the phone and the internet because you slam me if I drop one service. Going shopping . . .

Anonymous 4/14/14 11:46AM
  • Whatever service you have now, don't switch to TMC. I did so and they have raised my bill to a ridiculous level....much higher than what I was paying to AT & T and Earthlink~!

chaska 3/25/14 8:10AM
  • I was attempting to disconnect service . After .I gave my phone number and name to the computer and 4 more times to the customer rep they kept running me around in circles . It seemed as though they were trying to avoid my request . After getting a little boisterous with the rep she switched me to another service rep that finnaly honered my request , What should have been a few minute transaction , lasted a half hour ...never again with this lame company

Anonymous 3/22/14 3:11PM
  • simple caller id never works properly. tired of calling in 50 + calls.

kenny 3/13/14 8:27AM
  • It is March 11th, all my channels have been changed and I can’t find the shows I want to watch. I went to the T.W. web site and logged in and they still are showing the old channel line up so no help. I called Time Warner and the rep never heard of the changes until she verified it. I asked how long we have been talking and she said just under 5 minutes. I said so it took 5 minutes for me to find out the channels have been changed; why were you not informed until now? She had no answer. She said she will mail me a copy of the new channel line up. I asked her when I can expect it. She said 5 to 7 days. I told her I expect my cable bill to be reduced for the 7 days I can not watch tv and she agreed to do it. T.W. loves customers so much they dont see any value in sending the channel list out in advance and don’t see any value in updating the website or informing the reps what is going on. I am done with T.W

likesomerandomdude 3/11/14 6:33PM
  • I Got Phone Service From Time Warner Internet And They Gave My Order # And Said That A Tech Would Call Back Shortly The Never Called Back. I Called Them And Could Not Understand The Operator, So I Guess I Will Have To Forget Than

DONALD 3/8/14 5:38AM
  • TWC cashed the check my bank sent to pay my bill 28 day ago and never credited it to my account. I provided the confirmation number for the electronic check from my bank, the check number, the date TWC cashed it at Wells Fargo, and my TWC and bank account number but 28 days later they still cannot apply the credit for the payment to my account. The CS rep said they agree the check was received. I fear they won't hesitate to rack up late charges if this issue isn't resolved before the next billing cycle.

is TWC for real? 3/4/14 6:26AM
  • Absolutely the worst customer service i have ever encountered in my life with any company. Was told to go to local center 20 minutes away to pick up a box only to find out they were unable to do anything because there systems were down.Upon calling them when I got home I was informed they knew the system was going to be down 5 days ago? So why did I not get any updates and keep me from wasting my time? In addition they keep raising my rates. I am up to 104 dollars a month for 15mbps internet and basic cable. Not digital, not high def...basic! So I called around and got rates from some competitors. When I called back the automatic answering refused to recognize my information and it took for ever to get a real person on the phone, I was transferred three times, cut off and put on hold for 15 minutes before I hung up and called back..after two hours of trying to reach anyone to listen to me, I finally got someone and said can you or are you willing to mach this offer? After lots of dead silence and me repeatedly asking are you still there? I finally got an offer based on what I specified and they were no where near it. So today I called back to cancel and yet again got cut ff twice before I actually got someone on the phone. This place is completely dysfunctional. And now get the added bonus of driving to their facility again to turn in my modem as this is the only way to actually cancel them. Never again will I ever call these people

unhappycamper 3/2/14 1:39PM
  • Tried using "chat online service" with Time Warner, thinking I'm less likely to be treated shabbily in an online chat if the transcript of the conversations is recorded. Didn't happen. Kept being passed on from one rep to another 'til the last rep didn't even bother answering my question and just closed the chat and left -- tantamount to having a phone hang - up with a loud bang. Incompetent, lacking practice and know-how, can't even spell, keeps pushing to have you subscribe without even making effort to answer your questions; the answers they manage to provide were cut-and-paste. Worst company I had to deal with.

PissedOffTWCSubscriber 2/24/14 8:12PM
  • Good afternoon,
    Every time we call and speak to customer service, they hang up on us.
    On 1/30 we changed our speed from EarthLink to Time Warner- BIG MISTAKE!!!
    On 2/3rd, we were downgraded (without our knowledge or permission) until 2/14th when we called questioning our speed.
    We have been on the phone over 10 times and during that time we have changed our box twice. We have waited for 10 days to have a technician to come to our home to change our box.
    We have had nothing but problems and unprofessional customer service.

Time Warner-BIG MISTAKE 2/23/14 1:07PM
  • TWC blows. I've had tbeir service for 36 days and hate them. I quit their cable and switched to satellite 10 years ago and never looked back. Got their internet because Verizon DSL sucks more. Within 36 days my $44.99/mo. bill was $151!!!
    How??? Then when I called to question some trained purple gummed monkey hung up on me. Coon!!!! They only employ spooks who are dumb. TWC sux my balls. Can't wait until these 2 years are up.

timewarnersux 2/20/14 4:48PM
  • TWC cable service is just horrible. This is the 4th outage in as many months. It takes 2 days for them to come to the house to resolve the issue. In the meantime, their India based call center calls repeatedly. Most of the people I've spoken with in the center are forced to follow a narrow scrip and keep repeating the scrip incessantly. When you finally get a tech, they always seem to redo all of the wiring from the cable box to the house and the inside modem. I would have thought the wiring from the cable box to the house would not requirement replacement each time.

Anonymous 2/19/14 8:04AM
  • Many complaints: 1st, We have to reboot our dvr box several times a week just to get started. On Superbowl Sunday we missed all but 6 minutes of the 1st half wrangling on the phone with customer service and no one admitting that they just didn't have enough bandwidth or whatever to deliver. Same problem when the Olympics started - we missed Downton Abbey the past two Sundays because the picture was stalling out constantly and couldn't watch anything else except the Olympics, and that was spotty. Gave up and decided to watch the Olympics, then that stalled out. So then no tv working at all for about an hour. Finally Olympics came on, but it was the only channel showing on the tv. We have to call in so often that we have learned the drill: 1st they tell us to re-boot, then they suggest WE bring the DVR box to THEM (thus spending our time, gas and waiting in the lobby in line with the other 20 people there at the same time to return THEIR boxes! The last time I threw a fit because we are paying $105 just for basic cable (NO "premium" channels), and not even getting 30 solid days of service, they agreed to lower the bill that month by $20. Oops!, they didn't follow through, they still charged me $95. I give up, I am sick of them. Changing my cable service asap.

Anonymous 2/17/14 3:14PM
  • My name is Donnie Crow I live in Middletown Ohio. I have been complaining for TWO MONTHS about my picture freezing for 5 to 15 seconds a 100 times every day. They have been here twice and out right admit that there is a problem in one of their facilities but obviously someone in management has their head up their hindend and cannot get the problem RESOLVED. But they still want the $140.00 plus change every month for their crap TV and their crap service. There answer to that was that they would give me a WHOLE $8.00 a month credit for all this crap service. I have been more then patient with them but THEIR ATTITUDE IS SCREW ME. So the next call they get from me will be to cancel my service!!!!!!!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!!1

Anonymous 2/16/14 7:35PM
  • Time Warner Cable would do well to remove out of business locations as I just drove 80 miles round trip on the direction of map quest to a location in Redlands ca that has been a restaurant for years.

Pissed me off until I met "Elesia" at the Banning Ca office who saved T W a customer

Joseph Fenton 2/13/14 12:22PM
  • This comment is to let everyone know how much trouble I have had with Time Warner Cable and how disgusted I am!!!! When I first moved to my new house we were doing work in our yard and needed the cable to be fed through an underground pipe. Not to hard right? Well we set up an appointment and a guy came out saw where the pipe was and said he wasn't able to feed it through today and he would be back, never came back. We waited about a week for him to come back, called TWC said that it had been "completed" and scheduled for another man to come out. Well he came, asked if he could borrow our tools to do it with because his had been stolen the week before, really? And he couldn't finish the job, said he would be back, NEVER came. SO a 3rd man came out, said that he didnt know we needed the wires to be ran through the pipe, he left, actually came back and fixed the issue, after about a month of living here!!! THEN TODAY, I was on the phone with TWC FOR 3 HOURS!!!! because they cut my cable off last night for no reason!!! I am up to date on bills, no reason it should have happened and they even said they weren't sure why it happened. I get transferred back and forth between billing and sales 4 times, finally the 4th person I talked to tries to help me and finally after 3 hours of explaining my issue to several people its fixed! GEEZ!!! I seriously wish there were there were another Cable option in Lexington because I would use them in a heart beat!!! Cannot.Stand.Time.Warner.Cable!! and after all that they didnt offer to give me a discount but they did offer to "upgrade" me for another $10 a month, seriously???? I already pay enough a month, this company is a joke!!!!
    Sincerely,
    A very very angry customer

Anonymous 2/12/14 2:40PM
  • I have never been so frustrated with a business as much as I am with TWC. I have just spent close to 2 hours and end of with error message! What good does it do to have an account with TW when the only contact there is, is when they send your bill!

Anonymous 2/11/14 12:42PM
  • im now ending my first hour on hold, get rid of time warner cable, and I cant understand the customer reps broken english

Anonymous 2/9/14 5:38PM
  • Viewing positive Time Warner Cable customer service ratings
  • I have just moved to the Sullivan county area in NY and received the BEST customer service I have ever had by a woman named Yvonne @ Time Warner Cable. She was pleasent, helpful and informative. I had a line of people ahead of me and behind me but when it came to my turn this woman gave me her undivided attention and was very patient. Thank you Yvonne!!!

Heather 3/22/14 1:16PM
  • I had a very pleasant experience talking with Susan-Cust. Care Agent, she was polite, friendly, calm, listened to my concerns and helped me with my problems and treated me with respect, even though I started the conversation screaming with an attitude, she continued to try to assist me, never loosing her professionalism. You are right Agents, the customers need to keep things in perspective when expressing our issues, don't take the treatment from TW Cable out on the one, who is there to help us. We can still express ourselves in the form of Feedback and also when we pay our bill there is usually no problem. I know it must be terrible when caller after caller take their frustration out on the Agents, like they don't have feelings and have to sit and quietly take the abuse from an angry customer. We can still say what we feel in a nice way and get better results. If we feel the Agent is not listening to us or helping us, maybe you are the 25th customer to call screaming and being rude to them, and they eventually turn a deaf ear to your problem, ever thought about that customers? I am guilty of this too, but I am changing my attitude in 2014, I am eliminating stress by not getting all bent out of shape over a situation that can be discussed and worked out. Also, give the Agent an opportunity to try to solve our problem, before demanding (Not asking) for a Supervisor. If we keep in mind that perhaps the Agent just got cursed out and hung up on 2 min. before you called, a little understanding goes both ways. TW Cable needs improving in a lot of areas, perhaps when customers start canceling their packages, the company will listen, as long as we keep giving them all that money for the bad service, why should they change?

Sweetness 1/11/14 10:34PM
  • Recently I had several problems with my system and remote. I spoke with Vince Llams in the Philippines who took great time and patience to try and help me.As result of that call I had to have a service tec come to my house. Today service tec Nick Wells came and fixed my problem. I am very pleased.You need to know these two employees represent your company in a most cordial,professional, and caring way. It is good to speak or hear someone who is listening and responding to your problem. Kudos to both men. Be very proud you have them !!!!!

Vaughn 12/31/13 1:05PM
  • Excellent Service. I wanted to add a cable box and a extra keypad to my intelligent home. The wait was a bit of a pain, but considering this is the holiday season and TWC is trying to give their people time off with their families I thought the wait time was appropriate. Besides, I'm sure there are lots of people wanting to hook up their new devices. Good job TWC.

Greg from CA

Anonymous 12/27/13 11:13AM
  • The Friday after Thanksgiving I has a Tech come in for a new remote...mine was ready to take a flight out the window. Ronald, Tech #6342 was SO PROFESSIONAL and yet so friendly.. engaging my family in conversation. So pleasant. He not only gave us a new remote which was the only reason I called, he checked the internet connectivity and upped it, by changing out a connection, I think...all I know is that it is much faster now. He went downstairs into our basement... yucky spider webs, and checked all the connections for our TV's. We have 4. It was an absolute pleasure to have him in our home. Left his number in case we had any more problems... such a polite young man. Thank You, Rachel Cuestas, long time Time Warner Cable customer. And I might add, this is the first time I felt the need to write to you.

Anonymous 12/5/13 9:04AM
  • I was very pleased and satisfied with the prompt service I received from a young
    lady tech,from Colorado Springs. She was
    very courteous, knowledgeable, patient and understanding of my problem and resolved it in a very short time. I would love to compliment this nice employee, and have her recognized for her efforts and dedication, her name is Jaynelle.

Anonymous 11/11/13 3:01PM
  • We recently had an intermittent problem with your cable line affecting our telephone, cable TV, security and internet. The first tech replaced our modem; problem was not solved. The second tech diagnosed our system top to bottom; problem was not solved. The third tech called me on a Saturday morning and was at my house by 11:00am. He diagnosed the problem as an intermittent external cable problem and ran a new line to the house, he then diagnosed every connection in my house and found a noisy connection... Problem solved. Customer relieved and happy.

I'd like to commend Jason D. the Lead Technician of the Albany Division. For his expertise, friendliness, persistence, professional behavior and implementation of a solution that brought my system back to normal.

I must add. I once was a technician and I realize the difficulty in finding intermittent problems. All of the technicians that came to my home were friendly, professional and did all they could to find a difficult problem. Thanks to them all.

Also, it's nice to be able to call a customer service number and talk to 'real' person. I left my last internet provider because every time I called customer service I was directed to a computer controlled maze of useless telephone solutions; never to find a service representative.

BJV 10/28/13 12:59PM
  • I had a great experience with Time Warner Cable! The address all our issues quickly and painlessly and now our cable, internet and phone is working like a dream!!

Anonymous 10/20/13 12:08PM
  • I had issues with my tv remote and called a techie. I didn't get her name but she continually belittled me, didn't listen to my complaint and finally told me I could not program my remote the way I wanted. When I asked for a supervisor she hung up. Worst ever support, I'd rank it 0. After 2 more tries I reached Sujada who was actually wanted to help me and DID! She was intelligent + easy to understand. I'm hopeful once again that there is help in tech support. Yeah for Sujada!

smiller65@ec.rr.com 10/20/13 7:20AM
  • We recently had to have our router replaced. We picked up the new equipment at the TWC office. Quick service and no charge. We tried to instll the new equiopment, but it was too complicated for us. We requested that a TWC service tech stop by to install the equipment. He was here on time the next day and worked diligently to get everything working properly. He also noted some problem with our main feed from the street and had a service tech come out and fix it immediately. The tech who resolved our problem was named Mike (Tech # 5502). He was punctual, polite, patient and thorough. He answered all of our questions and resolved all of our issues in a relatively short period of time. Mike was outstanding and I hope that TWC appreciates trhe job that he does. We certainly did.
    Mike and Joyce in WLV
    PS: The best part. There was no charge for his services or the new equipment.

Mike 10/17/13 2:49PM
  • Just had a great experience with Diana getting my Mom a new modem. I was extremely surprised !

Mike in Mechanicsburg 10/9/13 8:25AM
  • I just spent extremely long time on phone to correct my modem service for Roadrunner.The Tech person, Gladys was extremely helpful, understanding & patient with my roadrunner problems. If I have another issue I hope she is the Tech that helps me .

Anonymous 10/1/13 9:01AM
  • I have had nothing but GREAT customer service from Time Warner. They show up when they say the will, they call ahead of time. They are fantastic!!!!

Anonymous 9/29/13 4:47PM
  • "Jazzy" at Central Park Mall, San Antonio helped me put into place a viable bundle for phone, internet, and cable tv.

The in-person visit took 10 minutes and accomplished what I could not accomplish on the phone over a period of 2 hours this morning.

Any business will now be done in-person, hopefully with Jazzy.

Anonymous 8/29/13 1:45PM
  • After 2 yrs of awful service albeit Insight or Time Warner, it is FINALLY all working right! Kudos to TRAVIS, you should put him in charge! Cant tell you how many guys have been out here! PTL! Now if they would just lower their prices! So far so good, thanks TRAVIS! Hope this gets to your bosses! Excellent service! Give everyone that's had all the problems we've and others have had 6 months free service then we'll all be happy! Thanks again TRAVIS! God Bless You!

Deborah Wininger 8/22/13 4:02AM
  • I just want to say that Terrance Augustine from Oceanic Cable had accomplish installing our cable and internet today. He was professional on what he does. Much Mahalo from Waikiki.

Anonymous 8/7/13 4:39PM
  • I googled this site and got through to TWC after 4 presses of #. The representative with whom I spoke could not have been nicer, attentive and helpful. She handled my issue with courtesy and professionalism. A supervisor even called me back twice with 5 minutes of my original call. If you think TWC is bad, try Verizon. They put the DIS in disservice. I have never been put on hold for so long only to be hung up on, twice, and then by their CHAT.
    When their crew came to rectify my problem, they were beyond rude and condescending.

Anonymous 7/12/13 8:20AM
  • Two days ago (2 July) I called your customer service with a remote control/tv problem I'm having. The customer service rep I spoke with was named Daphne (in El Paso, Tx). She was very professional, i.e., provide very clear (articulate) trouble shooting instructions, was patient & amicable. I felt like she really wanted to help me & I very much appreciated her friendly demeanor. Unfortunately, my AT&T land line phone battery went dead while Daphne was helping me. She tried several times to call me back, but I was unable to respond because the phone battery was charging. Nonetheless, I was very impressed with her service & want to commend Daphne for going above & beyond in providing quality customer care. She's an outstanding model of what customer service is all about! THANKS DAPHNE!!! Sincerely, Deleon Todd (San Antonio, TX)

Anonymous 7/4/13 8:12AM
  • After trying to reach Time Warner Cable Customer Service for the last hour, I called this other phone number, and finally got a live agent. She solved my billing problem in about 5 minutes.

Anonymous 6/6/13 4:23PM
  • We have used TWC for about 10 years now. About 2 yrs ago, at Xmas we bought a second TIVO. The TWC tech came out and installed a cable card and took the cable-box and power cord with him when he left. That was ~Jan 2011. I noticed after ~6 mo. that I was being charged for the cable-box ea. mo. I called to get that charge removed and for an adjustment on the bill.

I was told that the charges would be reimbursed and the cable-box removed from the monthly stmt., but that TWC had no record of the box being returned. I faxed the receipt from the tech. I was told that because the tech didn't account for the box, that if we ever canceled TWC as our provider, we would HAVE TO PAY THE COST OF THE CABLE-BOX.

Since that time, I tried to get the box off our record to no avail. Last week we had service to remedy an intermittant cable outage which was repaired, and I asked the tech what I should do about the cable-box issue--he suggested I complain to higher management. I called back later to get the modem/router reset, and talked to MR. KHALIL. He was very knowledgable and patient. I felt impelled to ask re the cable-box issue. He took it upon himself to do something. In 3 days, he called back and told me the box was now off my record!!

We are very loyal customers of TWC and have always been treated with courtesy by knowledgeable people, but the Cable-box was a blight on TWC. What Khalil did was to restore our total confidence in TWC.
    Our appreciation to Khalil for going that extra mile!!!
    Sincerely,
    H.C. Ridgway

Anonymous 5/10/13 2:20PM
    Mrs Chad, with your excellent skill as twc technician , Mrs Chad held us solve the problem with no time .

Thanks again

Mrs Hoang

Mrs Hoang 4/18/13 6:15PM
  • I would like to compliment your Company on the Polite, knowledgeable & helpful Assossiate by the first name of Steve in your retention center. It is people like that shows that a Co. really does care about its Customers. Thanks David

David 3/1/13 11:09AM
  • The young man who came to my home to install cable/internet was kind, courteous and professional. The customer service rep I was finally able to reach by phone, and her supervisor, were anything but kind, courteous and professional. Time Warner Cables policies are stacked against the customer. If I had other cable options available to me I would take them. I would not recommend Time Warner Cable to anyone.

Anonymous 2/20/13 5:57PM
  • The service rep who helped me is named Gio (or Geo) and works in Morrisville, NC. I was cut off before I got a a chance to thank him for the fabulous help he gave me when I called in about a billing issue. Please make sure he receives my thanks (perhaps by sending him a copy of these comments). Unfortunately, I am sometimes a frustrated "user" of a service and when I began my call with him, I was frustrated and impatient. He calmed my down immediately with his calm voice and his assurances of help. My billing issue involved an action of my credit card company that I didn't know about until I received a notification from TW that my auto-payment had been denied. Then it turned out that TW was charging me for service I never signed up for. Anyway, everything was complicated and Gio steered me through the whole process of trouble shooting and problem solving until everything was taken care of very nicely.
    And P.S., I have never had a bad experience with a technician either over the phone or at my home. They have come out for DVR box issues and other cable malfunctions and have always been knowledgeable, courteous and helpful.
    Thanks!!!

Satisfied Customer 2/8/13 9:51AM
  • Dallas Customer Loyalty Reps like Dimetrie (forgive me if I spelled it wrong) are what keep me a Time Warner Cable customer. I've had TWC off and on for 4 to 5 years and have dealt with the unfortunate consequence of needing to save $$ on a bill. Each time, maybe once every 2 years or so, I've had to contact a customer service rep to help me cancel services, pay past due balances, make payment plans. etc. Each time I've been impressed. Especially tonight when I accidentally hung up on my rep and she called me back!! Not only that, she was able to help me save almost $75 per month and still keep the services that I use the most. Thank you Team Dallas... for making that unfortunate phone call something I end up smiling about.

AlleyVOTG 1/8/13 7:56PM
  • I work in customer service here in Time Warner cable, we are overworked, under appreciated and underpaid. Customers call in point blank rude as all hell for something that was not me (the care agent)'s fault. I am more than willing to do anything for the customer but when you're running off at the mouth about "I'm a valued customer I'll just disconnect if you can't lower my bill the WHOLE 2 dollars it went up" Like seriously do I go to your job and scream/belittle you for something out of your hands? NO. Be a little more respectful towards us customer service reps and see where that gets you. I have no problem helping a customer but when you're being so rude when all I'm doing is trying to help you, that is just plain unacceptable! OH BTW, PAY YOUR BILL and you wouldn't be disconnected!

briebrie123 10/21/13 4:36PM

• I am a Time Warner tech on long term disability. I pay for my services: Basis/standard/digital cable with digital value tier, a HDDVR, 2-HD converters and Roadrunner. My iron-clad renegotiated in May 1012, 12-month guaranteed monthly bill was $132.88 until October 2012 when they added $3.95 plus tax and fees for modem rental. Another rate hike added a few more pennies pushing the tally to just under $140.00. Rental fees were costing me roughly $500/year. Bought a Magnavox 500GB DVR and DVD Recorder MDR515H to eliminate at least $23/month for the DVR. This has larger storage and I can burn to DVD.
    Have tried for over a month to get a cableCARD to work with a Silicon Dust HD HomeRun Prime triple tuner and the Time Warner tuning adapter, a CISCO STA1520 to stream the digital over my home network. It did for about 3 days then the card died. Tried unsuccessfully since to get the HOST ID from the tuner without luck. I joined forums. Became a member of Microsoft. Ditto that with Silicon Dust and of course was on the phone and online with chats with Time Warner. Everywhere you go they tell you to check the 3500 FAQs before posting a question.
    I have felt a customer’s pain by NOW being on the opposite side of things. The polite verbiage: “I will be most happy to help you… Please wait while I look up your account… Thank-you for your patience and understanding… Please let me transfer you to our_____department to expedite your request… Please accept my apologies for the extended wait… etc.” All this seems to mock you and makes you wonder if they just sit there for a predetermined time and let you stew and then get back to you. Their concern appears to be devoid of substance as no suggestions come your way to help eliminate the problem.
    You explain what you have done/tried. They then repeat what you just told them and say is this what your are telling me? Then they tell you they need you to go thru the installation materials, get the HOST ID and then give it to them to complete the pairing of their card to your equipment.
    You again tell them that is the problem. You cannot get it to work. Over an hour is spent. Nothing is accomplished, excepting…of course the increase in your blood pressure. They then tell you they cannot continue without the HOST ID, thank-you for choosing Time-Warner Cable and ask if there is anything else they can help you with today?
    My bill is rapidly creeping up towards the $150/month level while my blood pressure hovers in the 165/105 level while dealing with customer disservice. I have since obtained the HOST ID by resetting my router for the third time and powercycling modem/router/PC/tuner/tuning adapter for the umpteenth time making me think I am in quality control testing the durability of each!
    After all this I still need the cableCARD paired to the tuner. There is a separate phone number for cableCARD customer service! Do I dare permit myself to continue to be humiliated in this fashion? I guess as I am too far invested in this venture. If a resolution cannot be had, I just may pack up the tuner and sell it on eBAY, return all the TWC equipment and get a subscription to Netflix. I’ve had it (and don’t like it).

caddymaran 3/2/13 8:29PM

• retarded idiots, don't automatically press anything before listening to the different listings, you'll get to the wrong dept who will then transfer you to the correct one, congratulations you just waisted an extra 5 minutes

Anonymous 10/16/12 9:01AM

• I am a former inbound sales rep, and I have never worked for a more horrible company. Everything is a "policy violation" meaning if you don't cram TWC's products down everyone's throat that calls in, you'll get written up. Because the wait for customer service is usually 30-45 minutes, customers have figured out that if they get into the sales queue they will get someone faster. Can't say I blame them! However, what they don't realize is that the sales reps are trained to basically "pretend" to help them and then sell them something. Some of these customers are flaming mad and don't want to be interviewed on every line of service, or any line of service for that matter! TWC uses this sales process called E3 that the undoubtably spent tons of money on, but makes you sound like robot on the phone. Customers aren't stupid, they know the drill. I've worked in inbound sales before and done quite well without this process. Building rapport is the key, which this process doesn't promote. TWC also treats their employees like cattle, it's no wonder that they can't keep any employees. My training class of 19 was down to 10 after 3 months. I'm sure they spend a lot of money on training, it may behoove them to try to actually keep their employees. It seems like they are in panic mode because they are losing customers left and right. TWC should really start focusing on retention and customer service. Keeping existing customers is a whole lot less expensive than trying to only acquire new ones. Customers silently leave because they know they have choices. All day long I would listen to reps knocking other companies like DIRECTV: "Well you know after a year, your price wil go up to full rate with DIRECTV", which a) is not true and b) DIRECTV's full rate is still less expensive than TWC! Did you know that if you want to add a 2nd DVR to your TWC service it costs $23? Their prices are seriously insane! Their $99 triple play undoubtably is at least $107, and that's with only 1 TV! They don't even include the box rental for the first box in the price! Plus IMO DIRECTV's service is far superior to TWC. How about investing in your crappy network, TWC? Oh, and btw your guide sucks, totally not intuitive at all. TWC thinks they have the monopoly so they can treat their customers and employees like crap, but surprise... lots of people are doing away with TV all together because they can watch it online. This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. I am so glad I left!

twcsucksbigtime 10/16/12 8:56AM

• I'm currently an employee in the NYC area and I can tell you that the company is just another corporation that sees customers as numbers and nothing else. They know most people have no other option and they strive to keep it that way. As an employee I do my best to help people not only because it's my job, but because I care about people in general. I know how it feels to be treated unfairly because that's how the company treats me. The company also discriminates with certain areas. I've noticed people in lower income areas get treated worst. Majority of the company's managers and supervisors are clueless. However there are a few of us that work hard, treat people equally, and take pride in our work. Unfortunately we don't have much say. My only advice is if you're not happy doing business with a company then don't do business with them. Sometimes companies need to fail in order to change. The customers are the ones that make a company what it is. Without you're business the company cannot survive. When the big guys in the company see the profits fall then they'll make changes. Otherwise if they see money constantly coming in then why should they change? They'll think they're doing something right.

Anonymous 7/23/12 7:03PM

• Hi, this is Jonathan, and I'm currently a CSR for TWC. Let me just tell you guys about my point of view: I agree with you that some of the agents are not exactly the best in helping people, you know, as for myself, I really like to be treated nicely by a person who actually cares and tries the best to solve the issue. And believe me, when I apologize for any inconvinience, I really am sorry even though it is not directly my fault. What I'm trying to say is that even though many customers have issues with TWC, I just would like to tell you that we have our systems and we can only work with what we have at the moment, since we are the front line for support, so at least try to undestand this and remember that since we only tried to provide solutions (at least the ones like myself who wish the best for the custs) the unavailability of direct solutions doesn't mean we don't care, it's just that sometimes we just can't give the answer that you as a customer would like to hear.

Jonathan 7/11/12 12:55AM

• As a member of TWC leadership let me be the first (but not likely the first if you've called us) to tell you we appreciate your business. It is because of our customers' that we are here. And that we remain one of the only locally supported TV/Phone/Internet providers is testament to the overwhelmingly strong, positive marks we get from the majority of our 14.5MM subscribers.

"Lets put it perspective, the majority of the 14.5M subscribers is due to the fact that you lack competition in certain markets. It is certainly not that your the best, but your better of two evils. You have ATT as competition and ATT has proved it self to be even worse than you in the same markets. If I subscribe to a $90/internet line that is suppose to get 10-30M download speed but only can achieve that download speed talking to your servers, then what is the true value as the talking to the rest of the universe I get 2-3M which unfortunately for you is what your graded on. When I call and tell you this, your response is it works fine to our servers and that is all we care about. "

As a 'front line' member of leadership I can tell you the vast majority of our complaints are due to cost. And that's a tough one to come to agreement on. If you don't see value, it is difficult to explain the benefit of new equipment, local support 24/7, top notch programming, and included service.

"Having your service for next to 10 years (cause I have to) I can tell you out of 50 interfaces with your customer support team, I can think of maybe 3 times, they listened and actually attempted to correct the real problem. I even bought the next faster service, then the next, then the next, so I am not afraid to give you extra money for service. But, in the end, no matter if I pay for the basic or advanced service, the actual service leaves much to be desired and as for prompt customer service responses.......well that would be near to nonexistent."

But to people having trouble with a $175 bill for TV/Phone/Internet - please take the time to realize the value. What's the cost of a family night out at the theatre? Seventy dollars? A night out to dinner? One hundred dollars? A tank of gas? Fifty dollars?

"This is not a value, the only one that thinks this is a value is you. Do you think paying $10.00 a night for WIFI at a hotel is a value or do you want it included for the $100/night fee? You compare this to the old days, where each line required its own copper pair of wires and that is simply not the fact today, you relay digital code all on the same wire. If you would simply update the physical wire, 50% of your outages would disappear. And if I took the family for a movie 5 times a month, your comment may have validity but most cannot afford that, nor can they afford the $175.00 monthly bill"

Folks, prices have gone up. Many of our subscribers probably remember paying $80 a month for phone service 10 years ago. And $40 for 'cable', and $30 for dial-up. Hmmm - doesn't really look like the price has gone up much, huh?

"Inflation does account for 8-13% of the increase, the other 30% is plain and simple GREED, greed by our government to impose additional regulations and taxes to exceed what is actually legal, as well as the GREED by the content providers to charge extra for signal distribution that is without cause. I do agree that most of the increase are not directly your fault since you pass on the additional expense you have for relaying the services and channels, but surely you cannot expect the average person to believe that along with the typical increases comes the typical GREED, and your surely not passing that on to the income of your employees nor their training programs."

I can't tell you the number of times I've been at an outing in the community and had a customer come to me and question the cost of service. But after going over the value of what they have (unlimited entertainment, unlimited calls, unlimited Internet usage) I ask them 'the cellular' question.

"So, Mr. Customer, now that we've talked about what your family is getting for $6-ish a day (a BK Value Meal) tell me, what is the cost of your family cell phone plan?" Invariably, if they have a family, it's about the same $175. Even single people tell me their cell bill is about $80. And this for a device your family hardly uses in relation to the 8+ SOLID hours a day on average people spend using our products.

"Most people with a $175/month service don't sit at home playing on the computer and watching TV; they WORK, which if they have kids, leaves about 4 hours and maybe 2 SOLID hours of use time. And sometimes during those 2 hours your service is out, and you spend 2 SOLID hours on the phone with Service and at times another SOLID 7-9 days waiting for someone to fix the service or have the decency to even call you back. If my service is our for 10 days, it would be DECENT to say to your wonderful customer, our service was out, we are going to credit your bill for the 10 DAYS your service didn't work this month; but that credit is only had if your willing to sit on the phone another hour or two and talk to supervisor after supervisor and it not a hard concept, if BK (as you stated) did not give you the three burgers you ordered but only gave you two, would you feel ok paying them anyway? That is your SOP."

Now, there are occasionally service issues. And by their nature, service issues are inconvenient. But folks, let's start to emotionally detach from cable. When your car breaks down, do you scream at the mechanic or ask your loan company for a couple weeks of credit? How about the calls that drop from your cell phone?

"Simple answer here........... My phone and my car never breakdown 8-18 times a year, just doesn't happen. So maybe your not hearing from all your customers, since most know it will cost them 2 hours on hold and it is not worth it to them. So take your calls you actually get and double them, thats how many folks are having problems with the same issues. You know they all won't call you."

Our services are going to malfunction from time to time. Your car needs an oil change every three months or so, doesn't it. Do you know why? Because you use your car. Well, you use our services ten fold. How about leaving your car running in the garage all day for a year and see what kind of service it needs.

"It is not fair to compare a COMBUSTION ENGINE with an electronic circuit. The Electronic circuit lacks moving parts, and it is your own fault for buying the cheapest equipment available. NETGEAR---- really? It is cheap for a reason, expect more failures......... If you get the $19.00 tires, expect them to last two months too, instead of the 40,000 miles you get when you buy a quality tire"

I'm not trying to downplay service issues - but they happen. With anything you use as much as our product, it happens. Just call us and we'll come out, if necessary, for free, at a time that's as near to convenient as we can get for you. And yes...it may take a couple visits. Signal issues can be intermittent - but we'll usually make sure you are not paying for the service while it's out.

"intermittent service issues do not exist in your world, each and every time it is a new call, and each and every time you have to explain it all over to a new person on the phone, and they still are trained to tell you over and over again, first you must turn off the unit, then you must then you must............If I talked to you 14 times this week, I think I am past the power reset solution; but you have no way to avoid this problem"

And if you call and we don't agree with you about something, that is not an indication of poor service; we just don't agree. As costs go up all around us, so will ours. And just as you expect a raise for a good year of work for your employer, so do our employees.

"They do expect raises, but for some reason, I doubt they get continued training and continued raises. The turnover kind of explains how loyal your employees are to your "GREAT EMPLOYEE SERVICES" I cannot say in 10 years I have seen the same service folks more than twice and I have certainly never talked to the same person twice; until I get to managers, then maybe I can agree with you."

TWC customers, we're your neighbors, and we want to help. Give us an opportunity to do so. Thank you so much for your business - we know in this day there is enough to stress about - let's not make your escape from that stress another touchy spot.
    Steve 2/27/11 9:33PM

"Thanks Steve!, You see that show when managers and CEO's go dress up and pretend to be an employee for a week and see how their employees feel about their employer, and go to customer sites and see how they really feel about the service provider? Maybe that would provide some perspective........"

Anonymous 5/19/12 3:54PM

• As a former Service Tech for TWC I know all the ins and outs of the business. Customers have the misconception that we make okay money, that's far from the truth. They start out at $11.85 an hour and the largest annual raise I have ever seen was 50 cents. After 5 years of service I was up to $15.00 per hour.
    TWC puts the customers far ahead of their employees. Sadly enough TWC doesn't give the tech enough time to actually do a good service call. For all the people that have had a service call and the tech was in and out in 15 minutes this is the reason why. Typically we start our day with 10-12 jobs. If you think about that it's not much time per job. On top of the starting with that many jobs the techs will get add-ons all throughout the day. It wouldn't be so bad if all the jobs were close together, but TWC has their techs driving all over DFW. One guy might start in McKinney, then have a couple in Plano, then Dallas, and by the end of the day he might be in Arlington.
    Now to the accountability of the techs. Techs are held responsible for every little thing. This includes used equipment, stupid people, making the jobs during the time frame, although we don't have enough time to get there. Techs are also held accountable to the survey that customers take after the job is done. The issue with that is people don't take the time to listen to the question so they will just hit a button. That is one of the techniques Time Warner has to make sure the techs don't get an acceptable raise, if any raise at all.
    That is a small amount of what goes on behind closed doors. If you have any questions please feel free to post.

EXcableguy 3/27/12 5:36PM

• I understand you have had a bad day. Or that finances are tight and your bill is too high to pay, However,when you call TWC customer service, and use profanity, call the agent a moron, or scream for a supervisor, I always wonder: would you treat a sales clerk, face to face, in that same manner? If you run a business, do you treat your staff and customers with the same tone? Or family and friends? I often get off the phone shaking from the experience of dealing with a customer. My minimum hourly pay doesn't begin to compensate for the stress. But I will go back every day, because I have to provide for my family.

Anonymous 11/29/11 5:41PM

• I'm a Time Warner Cable employee, and I've been in every single role we have on this company (not above the management).

For every lazy customer which doesn't want to read the manual we gave for free, we have the duty to teach; For every customer who thinks is smart and threatens customer care about going to another company if doesn't get another year of an offer, (and compares prices not realizing they will be a NEW CUSTOMER to the satellite) doesn't realize might be the cause of price increase next year; For every customer who wants to have the same his neighbor has though being out of their budgets, we can't regulate the price at your fantasies' levels; For every customer who buys a plasma TV and does not know how to set it up, but refuses to pay $29,99 for a professional to help, should appreciate other people's knowledge; For every customer who thinks the statement is rocket science and refuses to pay 411 charges because they didn't want to put their heads on the web while having All the Best package; For every customer who can't deal with today's technology but insists in showing off they have more than 200 channels, and can't tell if the TV is ON or OFF; Please think again...these are not times to be an AMERICAN. Behave as a person a care about the others around you.

Love you all...Cris, the best TWC CCare representative ever.

Anonymous 8/4/11 6:41PM

• The pure fact is that alot of customers call for end user issues like the tv has no picture when the tv is turned off the box isnt turned on or they changed the video input from cable to tv mode or dvd or vcr modem. price lock gaurantee is for 2 yrs. at&t, direct tv, dish, or time warner cable has the same 2 yr length of contracts meaning when they are over rates go to reg pricing.the remote has simple instructions on paper that come with it or inscribed on the back of the remote.if your in san antonio texas or surrounding areas with your converter box you can learn everything about how to use the box on ch 988 press left arrow 6 times till you get to twc-userguide. in that area you wil see al the options you can play like a video and learn how to use the dvr, show listings, parental controls,display settings, etc.you can also learn more about all services on timewarnercable.com learn tab. if you are getting box issues sometimes caused by static then unplug power aka electricity cord from box then unscrew the coaxial hex fitting time warner cable from cable in at the cable box ground it by touching the copper pin rod wire tip for 3 to 5 seconds or with any metal then connect it back to cable in then plug in the power cord electric cord wait till time comes up lit up for 10 seconds then power on. that will bring missing channels back kill tiling and freezing, sound, slow browsing guide issues, etc. if you have an hdmi unplug hdmi from both ends tv and box 1st step before you reboot box and conect hdmi last before after time comes back on. if you dont know what an hdmi is google it they have pictures of what it looks like. static also applies sometimes to hsd or phone modems.

skills 4/16/11 6:22AM

• I would like to echo Steve’s comments. I have worked in the cable industry for 20 years for several different MSOs. Cable plant is huge, mile after mile of cable, nodes, head ends, and all the support system that entails. Things will go wrong, without a doubt. What you have to look for though is the company’s commitment to getting it fixed when it does. Sometimes someone may have dug through our fiber lines; sometimes the power company has an outage that causes us to go down. Those circumstances are out of our control. Sometimes it just takes time. Where I work now we have a serious utilization problem, in a sense too many customers causing a traffic jam. We moved to expand service but were held up trying to get parts and weather.
    As far as value, you will never get to a place where you are happy paying your cable bill and look at all the things you don’t use. How many channels do you watch, and for how often. Then make a value judgment about your service and see if it makes sense for you. Are there things we could do better? Yes. And we are working all the time to do them better.
    All that being said, of all the MSOs I worked for TW was the best and most customer focused. Stay calm, explain your situation and document your process. Unfortunately you will not talk to the same person over and over again as you work through an issue, but know who you’ve talked to and exactly what they said. It will help you get a faster resolution.

Steve 3/1/11 10:05AM

Steve 2/27/11 9:33PM

Check out these popular comparisons of Time Warner Cable customer service versus other companies:
Time Warner Cable vs. AT&T Uverse
Time Warner Cable vs. Roku
Time Warner Cable vs. Verizon DSL
Time Warner Cable vs. Windstream
Time Warner Cable vs. Xfinity
Authorized representatives of Time Warner Cable can sign up to reply to any of the comments found on this page.

866-744-1678
Executive Customer Service
212-364-8300
Time Warner Cable customer service phone number including steps to reach representatives, hours of operation, customer support links and more from ContactHelp.com.

Complete Time Warner Cable customer service phone numbers and contact information at ContactHelp.com

Locate the Time Warner Cable corporate office headquarters phone number, address and more at CorporateOfficeOwl.com.

Time Warner Cable corporate office headquarters information at CorproateOfficeOwl.com

Hours of Operation
Find Time Warner Cable hours of operation for locations near you!. You can also find Time Warner Cable location phone numbers, driving directions and maps.

Time Warner Cable hours of operation at HoursOfOperation.biz

Get immediate support for your Time Warner Cable questions from HelpOwl.com.

Receive immediate support for Time Warner Cable at HelpOwl.com

View thousands of Time Warner Cable user reviews and customer ratings available at ReviewOwl.com.

Time Warner Cable reviews and ratings at ReviewOwl.com

Comcast: Do Strong Earnings Sweeten the Time Warner Cable Deal?
“Our focus on the customer experience continues to drive our success as we deliver the most innovative products in the industry and make measurable progress in customer service,” commented Comcast Chair and Chief Executive Officer Brian Roberts in the ...
Comcast, Time Warner Cable Remain Among Most-Hated TV Providers: Survey
TW Cable ranked 16th overall for TV service with a score of 58 on the Consumer Reports survey, with low ratings for value, reliability and customer support. The only TV provider that ... “A merger combining these two huge companies would give Comcast ...
Chorus of Protest Against Comcast-Time Warner Cable Merger
“This merger is a bad deal for consumers that would give Comcast even greater control of the market and little incentive to improve prices or customer service. It's no wonder so many consumers are voicing their opposition to this mega-merger.” “Our ...